Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

The Fourth Crusade

Game Master Desriden

The Fourth Crusade is a high-level adventure tied to the Worldwound and Mendev in the Golarion setting.


351 to 400 of 1,168 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Male Casrua. Inquisitor 20/Ranger10(gestalt feat)/Nature's Warden7(prestigious)

Dangit, forgot my bonus damage from Greater Bane

4d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 3, 1) = 8 attack one= 33 total

4d6 ⇒ (5, 4, 6, 6) = 21 attack two= 50 total

4d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 1, 2) = 12 attack three= 39 total


Akor, your first arrow finds its mark, but the others miss thanks to the confines of firing through the gap in the hedge.

Thaddicus seems to make a note of how the barrier interfered with you when he steps up to take his shots. Almost all of his arrows fly true, finishing off both of the beasts. The two lizards collapse to the ground, starting to decay almost immediately.

Some of the moving trees seems to shake as their connection to life rots away. All the moving plants now seem to shy away from the group. The room also seems to be heating up quite a bit. Everyone feels the urge to sweat.


Male Human Cleric 3 - Unholy Barrister

Malak hadnt even seen where the strange lizards were and was impressed with his friends shooting.

::Very good eyes indeed sirs! Those things were downright horrid and now its getting quite sticky in here. This heat is almost as oppressive as this demon wrought tree. Shall we move along?::


Male Casrua. Inquisitor 20/Ranger10(gestalt feat)/Nature's Warden7(prestigious)

Can we just assume that unless I end them sooner, I end Greater Bane, Weapon Master and other such abilities as combat ends? This way I don't need to include them in every post combat post.

Stepping over the decayed reamins, the Inquistior pokes through them with his sword, seeing if anything lies within that could be of use.


M Elf wiz3/clr3/MT 10/ Lore 4

Sparel was concentrating on Telikinetically opening the path and completely missed the fight until it was over.

;;Well done. I would highly recommend moving along. I don't know about you, but I've had quite enough of this place and would like to get this seed and get the hell out of here. Pun intended.;;


M Human (Taldan) 1 Zen Archer

The old archer nodded his assent. Who knew how many trials they had to go through before the old tree allowed them entrance to the seed. He seemed pretty wily, this tree. The greater demons always had something in which they were excellent at in spite of their power. His wife, for instance, was good at business.

;;The sooner we return, the sooner we get paid. I'm all for moving on.;; He stepped on through the hedge with a nod to Sparel and scanned the other side on his way out of the chamber, looking for more threats.

Perception: 1d20 + 48 ⇒ (8) + 48 = 56


Male Human Cleric 3 - Unholy Barrister

HP = 199/202

Malak sheathed his weapons and retrieved a wand as they stepped through the hedge. He activated the wand to heal himself from wounds inflicted by the tangled vines and detritus and remained uncharacteristically quiet until he was done.

Healing:

Cure Serious Wounds

3d8 + 5 ⇒ (6, 4, 5) + 5 = 20
3d8 + 5 ⇒ (6, 4, 6) + 5 = 21
3d8 + 5 ⇒ (3, 3, 4) + 5 = 15


M Elf wiz3/clr3/MT 10/ Lore 4
Malak Jaedoom wrote:

HP = 199/202

Malak sheathed his weapons and retrieved a wand as they stepped through the hedge. He activated the wand to heal himself from wounds inflicted by the tangled vines and detritus and remained uncharacteristically quiet until he was done.

** spoiler omitted **

I think you wrote your HP down wrong. You wrote that you were down by 3 HP and you did a crap ton more healing to yourself than that.


Male Human Cleric 3 - Unholy Barrister

That was after the healing. I started at 143/202. Unless my math is wrong?


M Elf wiz3/clr3/MT 10/ Lore 4
Malak Jaedoom wrote:
That was after the healing. I started at 143/202. Unless my math is wrong?

Gotcha. My mistke. I thought that was the before.


Akor Scourgebane wrote:

Can we just assume that unless I end them sooner, I end Greater Bane, Weapon Master and other such abilities as combat ends? This way I don't need to include them in every post combat post.

Stepping over the decayed reamins, the Inquistior pokes through them with his sword, seeing if anything lies within that could be of use.

Sounds fine to me.


As you all talk and heal, the room seems to turn even hotter. It's like a sauna has been set on fire. You all suddenly feel as new wave of heat roll over you. It seems even you metal weapons and armor are hot to the touch.

everyone make a DC 20 Fort save (DC 25 if you are wearing actual armor. Bracers and spells don't count as actual armor).

if you fail the save, you take 1d4 nonlethal damage.


Male Human Cleric 3 - Unholy Barrister

Fortitude - 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (19) + 18 = 37

Putting the wand away; Malak realized that he was actually sweating to the point of being uncomfortable.

::Im starting to feel as if we are very unwelcome brothers. This heat is unbearable and Im not sure if I have a change for my damp clothes. Perhaps we need to move more quickly?::

The elf starts searching for a way out of the chamber.

Perception - 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (10) + 24 = 34


Male Casrua. Inquisitor 20/Ranger10(gestalt feat)/Nature's Warden7(prestigious)

I need to know how many of you are adjacent to me. I'm guessing at least one or two of you guys would be as we walk, but perhaps not.


M Human (Taldan) 1 Zen Archer

According to our marching order from before, if we follow it, you are by me and Sparel.

Fort save:1d20 + 20 ⇒ (13) + 20 = 33


Male Dwarf Male Dwarf Monk (Monk of the Sacred Mountain) 1

Fortitude: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (18) + 22 = 40

Darnak lets the sweat drip down his face, disregarding it as he picks up the pace, while at the same time keeping his eyes peeled. Remembering the potions he has for just such an occasion, ::"You fellas want somethin' ta help ya fight off the heat? Let me know if ya do.":: He says as he keeps moving.

Perception: 1d20 + 39 ⇒ (12) + 39 = 51


You can see the exit is on the far side of the chamber, about 250 feet away from you. As you head that way, the room seems to heat up even more. Some of the trees and bushes have started to wilt. Those wearing or holding anything metal seem to feel the effects even more than the others.

Those wearing or holding anything metal must make a DC 20 Will save or take 1d4 points of normal damage from their heated metal objects.


Male Casrua. Inquisitor 20/Ranger10(gestalt feat)/Nature's Warden7(prestigious)

1d20 + 21 ⇒ (14) + 21 = 35 Fort save and I auto make a DC 20 Will save.


Male Human Cleric 3 - Unholy Barrister

::This is getting ridiculus. Might I suggest we run for that readily apparent exit? Of course, we shouldnt dare to ponder if that's exactly where this infernal tree wants us to go.::

Sarcasm heavy, the elf's comments came with a quickened step.


M Human (Taldan) 1 Zen Archer

;;If anyone needs me, I will be at the exit. You can find me there.;;

The archer makes haste toward the exit, his concern is with his items. The bracers on his arms started steaming, and for once he was glad to have all of those stones implanted in his arms as they made a bit of a buffer between him and the hot metal. Normally the bracers were just slightly irritating, and he did long to take them off after a long day, but there were some times where they definitely came in handy.


Will save: 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (1) + 30 = 31
Movement rate: 90ft per round


M Elf wiz3/clr3/MT 10/ Lore 4

Auto succeed will save, but not sure if I have enough metal on to qualify anyhow. Just have my sheathed sword, really.

Sparel too heads for the exit.
;;Let us just get this seed and get out of here. I'm getting the impression that we're in some unearthly creatures gut.;;


Everyone starts to head for the passageway to go deeper into the creature as the room heats up even more. Even the most hale and hearty plants are starting to wilt now, and some of the brown leaves and grass are starting to smoke. The fire is spread from the wall of throne that bisected the chamber, filling the back half of the room with smoke and flames.

It's obvious now the entire group is being herded toward the next passage, especially once you get closer. The previous passages were difficult to maneuver through; this one is much smoother and won't require anything special to get through.

The group moves through, trying to avoid the smoke that is filling the previous room. While the passageway is cool, almost damp, it is easy to see the wave of heat distorting the air in the jungle chamber. Those who choose to look back and see some of the bushes starting to spontaneously combust.


Those who look ahead can see the next chamber. There's a great statue carved to resemble a twisted, gnarled truant standing on top of a round dais. Both the dais and the statue are crafted from black stone with faint whirls of yellow and white diffused throughout. Aside from the statue, the roughly circular 60-by-60 foot chamber appears to be empty.


M Elf wiz3/clr3/MT 10/ Lore 4

:;I wonder if it's a trap.:: Sparel jests


Male Human Cleric 3 - Unholy Barrister

::That would be too obvious wouldnt it? I thought demons were crafty but how much credit can we give them?::

Malak keeps up his cousin's joking mostly to alleviate the very apparent peril that they were all in.

::What exactly is that statue supposed to be?::


Male Dwarf Male Dwarf Monk (Monk of the Sacred Mountain) 1

Darnak peers around the place, thinking the same as the others. Perception: 1d20 + 39 ⇒ (14) + 39 = 53 Darnak looks to the statue in the middle, ::"The statue. We're gonna 'ave ta kill it.":: He cracks his knuckles, and then closes his eyes to focus. A wave of healing energy then washes over him. ::"Alright. Standin' here ain't accomplishin' nothin'. Unless any o' ya got a plan, we need ta move."::

Use 2 ki points for healing. +18

Is it really hot in this room as well?


M Elf wiz3/clr3/MT 10/ Lore 4

Perception1d20 + 24 ⇒ (10) + 24 = 34 plus detect magic. Looking into the room.


Male Casrua. Inquisitor 20/Ranger10(gestalt feat)/Nature's Warden7(prestigious)

::"No, no, no, you've got that all wrong Malak. *Devils* are the crafty ones, *Demons* are destructively stupid.::

1d20 + 64 ⇒ (8) + 64 = 72 Perception


M Human (Taldan) 1 Zen Archer

::They're all the same to me:: Thad quips, looking around the room as he was the last to enter. He tries to make note of the exit here as well.

Damage 1d4 ⇒ 1 for rolling a 1 on my save.

Perception: 1d20 + 48 ⇒ (16) + 48 = 64


The statue seems to be the only thing in the room, and there appears to be no other entrance or exit than the passageway the group used to come in. The room itself is much cooler than the previous chamber. The statue is made of granite, about 18 feet tall and easily weighs 32,000 pounds.

Behind the group, the far end of the passageway pinches shut like a sphincter and blocks off the sight of the burning jungle. A horrible crunching noise grows as the demon tree forces jagged pieces of wood into the tunnel, attempting to impale anyone nearby. The spikes are moving closer and closer to the group. And a grinding noise in front of you, the sound of stone on stone, lets you know the statue is more than decorative.

Roll Initiatives! The only visible targets are the statue and the wooden room itself. Also, if you do roll attacks, let me know if they overcome DR/adamantine.


Male Casrua. Inquisitor 20/Ranger10(gestalt feat)/Nature's Warden7(prestigious)

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25 Initiative

Once more calling about his Goddess' favor, Akor shields himself from the impaling spikes Immediate action, Judgement, choosing Justice, Protection and Smiting. Protection will be the Slayer Judgement, +4 Atk, +5 AC, weapons count as Magic, Good and Adamantine.


Male Dwarf Male Dwarf Monk (Monk of the Sacred Mountain) 1

Intiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

As the spikes draw nearer, Darnak sets himself, preparing to avoid them if possible. Hearing the movement of the statue, Darnak grunts. It figures.

My attacks overcome adamantine. Not exactly sure what these spikes are gonna do, so, will go total defense this round. If I win initiative, will activate crane style then total defense.

Which then my AC would go to 58.


This is not a surprise round, so you have a standard and a move action


Male Human Cleric 3 - Unholy Barrister

::Devils are smart and demons tough. Got it. This thing looks down right brutal.::

Initiative - 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Malak figured his quick feet would keep him out of trouble with the spikes and that they'd better deal with this statue thing fast...not exactly a genius thought Malak old friend...one of those dumb orcs outside woudlve figured that out as well...

::Well, now you see me and now you dont.::

Swift action and 1 Ki to activate - Vanishing trick/Invisible blade (Greater Invisibility)

Move action towards the statue while drawing weapons.

Stats:

hp = 199/202
Ki pool = 7/8
Greater Invisibility 12/12 rounds

Attacks do not overcome DR/adamantine

Attack with RazerEdge - 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (3) + 26 = 29

Damage - 1d4 + 9 + 6d6 ⇒ (2) + 9 + (2, 3, 1, 1, 2, 4) = 24


M Elf wiz3/clr3/MT 10/ Lore 4

FYI: Sparel can see invisibility if that's relevant.

Sparel moves away from the spikes cautiously. Summoning a minor power of his goddess a duplicate seems to step out of him. The two sparels move around one another making it difficult to determine the real one (as if one mirror image. 50/50 chance of hitting the real sparel). Both sparel's right hands glow with barely contained destructive power ready to be unleashed (dramatic effect only).


Male Dwarf Male Dwarf Monk (Monk of the Sacred Mountain) 1

Gotcha. Wasn't exactly sure what I could do. Still activate crane style, but will move and attack.

As Malak moves to attack the statue, Darnak moves in a position to flank.

If AoO is presented, then AC 55. Will move to flank, and attack.

Unarmed Strike: 1d20 + 22 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 22 + 4 = 30
Damage: 2d10 + 9 ⇒ (1, 10) + 9 = 20

If I'm not able to flank, then take off the +4


M Human (Taldan) 1 Zen Archer

Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 My attacks ignore Adamantine DR

The old archer moves far away from the spikes across the room and fires off a shot at the statue, aiming to send the shaft right up the statue's nose. Thad had never liked statues. It seemed they always came to life and tried to attack them. Not to mention his wife fashioned herself a sculptor. In the beginning of their marriage he had to stand still for hours as she insidiously complimented his shoulders. He usually shot an arrow at them or defaced them, but breaking off their arms was his favorite.

Spoiler:

1d4 ⇒ 4 damage from before
One vital strike elemental fist : 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (7) + 27 = 34
Damage: 3d8 + 18 + 1d6 ⇒ (8, 6, 4) + 18 + (1) = 37 Acid

Status:
Current AC: 44
Current HP: 230
Ki Points remaining: 21
Stunning Fists used: 3 of 19
Perfect Strikes used: 3 of 18
Elemental Fists used: 2 of 18
Rounds of Haste in Boots: 2 of 10


Male Dwarf Male Dwarf Monk (Monk of the Sacred Mountain) 1

Hey Thad, did you fail your save twice? Or is it damage on consecutive rounds? You rolled 1 damage already in your previous post, so, that's why I ask. Lol on the post by the way! That's a good one!


M Human (Taldan) 1 Zen Archer

I couldn't remember if I did it or not, so I figured I would roll again. I will adjust my current HP.

And thanks, part of the reason I like playing older characters is they can have so many stories. Maybe I should have played a bard...


Akor calls upon his goddess for protection as the room and its contents seem intent on killing everyone inside.

Malak taunts the statue and then seems to vanish from sight. Sparel can still see him advance on the golem unseen, but the shadowy man's attack bouncing harmlessly off the hardened stone.

Darnak rushes forward, barely dodging an attack of opportunity as the statue attempts to stomp the dwarf into the floor. The monk avoids the strike but his own attack also misses.

Thaddicus focuses on a particularly unpleasant afternoon as he fires a solitary arrow that hits the golem's left arm. The strength of the blow and the deadly acid it seems to channel chips away the creature's fingers on that hand, leaving it misshapen. 37 points of damage to golem

Sparel calls upon his goddess and his magics to invoke a copy of himself for protection.

The mystic theurge's defense seems timely as a giant, splintered piece of wood forces its way down from the ceiling and attempts to impale the spell caster. The spike impales the duplicate right through the skull, missing Sparel entirely.

Finally, the stone statue seems ready to join the fray. The golem shifts its feet and a grayish dust seems to fly out in a 10 foot radius, hitting those people in melee range. Malak and Darnak, make a DC 31 Will save to be slowed for 10 rounds.

Then the golem swings again at Darnak, the closest target it can see. It swings hard with both fists but misses twice.

No one is surprised to feel a familiar rumble under their feet. Two more large creatures seem to be moving under the floor and positioning themselves on opposite sides of the room. Both are close enough to surface in just a few seconds.

Round Two! Fight! The new creatures will surface on Initiative count 20. So Akor and Malak can either attack the golem or wait to post after the new creatures.

Monster rolls:
Stone initiative 1d20 ⇒ 9
Tree Init equals 10
AoO on Darnak 1d20 + 34 ⇒ (17) + 34 = 51
Determine random attack via init order, reroll 6 1d6 ⇒ 5
Tree attack roll 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (11) + 28 = 39
Check to see if spell stops attack (high roll indicates hit 1d100 ⇒ 10
Damage 5d6 + 24 ⇒ (3, 5, 1, 1, 6) + 24 = 40
Stone main attacks 1d20 + 34 ⇒ (10) + 34 = 44
1d20 + 34 ⇒ (1) + 34 = 35

New creatures 1d20 ⇒ 20

Initiative order
Akor 25
Malak 23
Darnak 17
Thaddicus 11
Sparel ?
Tree 10
Stone 9


Male Human Cleric 3 - Unholy Barrister

Will save DC 31 - 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

Shocked that his attack apparently had no effect; Malak felt sluggish after the granite dust hit him. Luckily he had boots very much like Thadicus. He clicked his heels together activating them and attacked the statue again figuring theyd deal with the threat below after it has presented itself.

Attack 1 RazerEdge - 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (4) + 24 = 28
Damage - 1d4 + 9 + 6d6 ⇒ (1) + 9 + (6, 2, 6, 1, 6, 6) = 37

Attack 2 RazerEdge - 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (7) + 19 = 26
Damage - 1d4 + 9 + 6d6 ⇒ (2) + 9 + (6, 6, 2, 1, 3, 3) = 32

Attack 3 RazerEdge - 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27
Damage - 1d4 + 9 + 6d6 ⇒ (1) + 9 + (1, 5, 4, 1, 3, 5) = 29

Attack GrimStiehl - 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (10) + 21 = 31
Damage - 1d4 + 6 + 6d6 ⇒ (1) + 6 + (6, 5, 5, 6, 5, 4) = 38

Stats:

hp = 199/202
Ki pool = 7/8
Greater Invisibility 2/12 rounds
Hasted/Normal speed - 1/10 rounds


M Elf wiz3/clr3/MT 10/ Lore 4

Knowledge gauntlet about the golem. Specifically weaknesses and immunities:

Knowledge Arcana 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (6) + 24 = 30
Knowledge Dungeoneering1d20 + 17 ⇒ (13) + 17 = 30
Knowledge Engineer1d20 + 17 ⇒ (18) + 17 = 35
Knowledge Geography1d20 + 17 ⇒ (13) + 17 = 30
Knowledge History1d20 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23
Knowledge Local1d20 + 17 ⇒ (15) + 17 = 32
Knowledge Nature1d20 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21
Knowledge Nobility1d20 + 17 ⇒ (11) + 17 = 28
Knowledge Planes1d20 + 34 ⇒ (12) + 34 = 46
Knowledge Religion1d20 + 29 ⇒ (7) + 29 = 36

Since I didn't get a chance to do it earlier as it got retconed...

Sparel, for the first time, pulls out a small cannon figuine and tosses it on the floor beside him with an arcane word. As it falls it grows and expands until it is a full sized cannon that is electrified with arcane energy. It shifts to point at the statue and fires.

Cannon Touch attack1d20 + 25 ⇒ (5) + 25 = 304d10 ⇒ (5, 10, 6, 6) = 27

Arcane Cannon:

Arcane Cannon
School: transmutation
Level: sorcerer/wizard 7
Casting Time: 1 round
Components: V, S, F (an ornate miniature cannon forged with a drop of your blood that costs 5,000 gp)
Range: close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Effect: one magically animated cannon
Duration: 1 round/level
Saving Throw: none
Spell Resistance: no
Your focus becomes a Medium arcane cannon that appears in an unoccupied square within the spell's range. If no unoccupied square is within range, the spell fails. The cannon comes into existence loaded. Each round thereafter, the cannon can either fire or load. A cannon must be loaded to fire. You do not need to supply ammunition for the cannon.

On your turn, you can spend a move action to direct the cannon to wheel itself to a new location, moving the cannon up to 20 feet. If the arcane cannon ever leaves your line of sight, it winks out of existence, and the spell's duration ends.

The cannon has a range increment of 50 feet. It targets touch attack in the first range increment, and it has no misfire chance.

The cannon acts as a weapon with the conductive special weapon ability (see page 286 of the Advanced Player's Guide), which you can use to channel your spell-like or supernatural abilities as long as you are within the range of arcane cannon. The cannon's attack bonus is equal to your caster level + your Intelligence bonus or your Charisma bonus (for wizards or sorcerers, respectively) with an additional +1 per four caster levels (maximum +5 at 20th level). On a hit, the cannon deals 4d10 damage. The arcane cannon attacks have a critical modifier of x4.

The cannon has AC 10, hardness 10, and 80 hit points. If the cannon is subject to a spell or effect that requires a save, it uses your saving throw modifiers. The cannon never provokes attacks of opportunity. If the cannon is destroyed, so is your focus.


Male Casrua. Inquisitor 20/Ranger10(gestalt feat)/Nature's Warden7(prestigious)

Edit: nvm, saw Ooc post

"Iomedae, grant your chosen champion your divine fury so that I may lay waste to the foes who stand before me!!" With that he holds out his palm turned up wherein a thorny vine lies. In a flash it's consumed in a burst of flame. He then draws Demonwrack and closes the distance to the golem. Standard action to cast Wrath lasts 1 minute. Move action to move within melee range if possible


M Human (Taldan) 1 Zen Archer

Thad hears the movement under their feet and aims to cut out the statue menace before it has time to attack them. He clicked his heels and let loose his volley.

Spoiler:

DA Full attack Hasted
Atk 11d20 + 31 ⇒ (3) + 31 = 34
Atk 21d20 + 31 ⇒ (12) + 31 = 43
Atk 31d20 + 31 ⇒ (8) + 31 = 39
Atk 41d20 + 26 ⇒ (11) + 26 = 37
Atk 51d20 + 26 ⇒ (17) + 26 = 43
Atk 61d20 + 21 ⇒ (20) + 21 = 41
Atk 71d20 + 21 ⇒ (2) + 21 = 23
Atk 8 Perfect strike- out of these three the Highest one is the shot, the second, the crit confirm.
1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21
1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 28
1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19

Crit confirm 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (4) + 21 = 25

Damage
Atk 12d10 + 18 ⇒ (9, 1) + 18 = 28 1d6 ⇒ 1 Acid
Atk 22d10 + 18 ⇒ (4, 10) + 18 = 32
Atk 32d10 + 18 ⇒ (6, 5) + 18 = 29
Atk 42d10 + 18 ⇒ (7, 7) + 18 = 32
Atk 52d10 + 18 ⇒ (7, 4) + 18 = 29
Atk 62d10 + 18 ⇒ (9, 4) + 18 = 31
Atk 72d10 + 18 ⇒ (10, 2) + 18 = 30
Atk 82d10 + 18 ⇒ (9, 6) + 18 = 33
Atk 92d10 + 18 ⇒ (2, 10) + 18 = 30

Status:
Current AC: 44
Current HP: 233
Ki Points remaining: 18
Stunning fists used: 3 of 19
Perfect Strikes used: 4 of 18
Elemental Fists used 3 of 18
Boots of Haste 3 of 10


Male Casrua. Inquisitor 20/Ranger10(gestalt feat)/Nature's Warden7(prestigious)

Akor will choose the Golem as the target for Wrath, gaining a +3 morale bonus to hit and damage, as well the effects of Improved Critical vs it.

As I said in OOC, casting that was his 1st round action.

Akor moves himself into a flanking position with his allies, then launches a devastating series of attacks on the statue. Swift action to activate Greater Bane

1d20 + 35 ⇒ (9) + 35 = 44 Attack 1 for 1d8 + 12 + 4d6 ⇒ (4) + 12 + (4, 1, 1, 4) = 26

1d20 + 35 ⇒ (10) + 35 = 45 Attack 2 for 1d8 + 12 + 4d6 ⇒ (4) + 12 + (5, 3, 5, 3) = 32

1d20 + 30 ⇒ (5) + 30 = 35 Attack 3 for 1d8 + 12 + 4d6 ⇒ (6) + 12 + (5, 4, 3, 5) = 35

1d20 + 25 ⇒ (15) + 25 = 40 Attack 4 for 1d8 + 12 + 4d6 ⇒ (1) + 12 + (3, 1, 1, 1) = 19

Wow, the dice are not on my side this round


Male Dwarf Male Dwarf Monk (Monk of the Sacred Mountain) 1

Ring of Freedom of Movement

Darnak brushes the dust off of his face and goes into a flurry of punches, concentrating on the leg of the massive golem.

Combat:

Crane style; fighting defensively; AC 55;

1st: Flurry of blows: 1d20 + 25 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 25 + 4 = 48
Damage: 2d10 + 9 ⇒ (8, 7) + 9 = 24

2nd: Flurry of blows: 1d20 + 25 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 25 + 4 = 32
Damage: 2d10 + 9 ⇒ (10, 9) + 9 = 28

3rd: Flurry of blows: 1d20 + 20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 20 + 4 = 33
Damage: 2d10 + 9 ⇒ (6, 7) + 9 = 22

4th: Flurry of blows: 1d20 + 20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 20 + 4 = 44
Damage: 2d10 + 9 ⇒ (10, 5) + 9 = 24

5th: Flurry of blows: 1d20 + 15 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 15 + 4 = 27
Damage: 2d10 + 9 ⇒ (2, 9) + 9 = 20

6th: Flurry of blows: 1d20 + 15 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 15 + 4 = 35
Damage: 2d10 + 9 ⇒ (5, 3) + 9 = 17

7th: Flurry of blows: 1d20 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 10 + 4 = 30
Damage: 2d10 + 9 ⇒ (2, 2) + 9 = 13

Possible crits:

Attack #1: 1st: Flurry of blows: 1d20 + 25 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 25 + 4 = 32
Damage: 2d10 + 9 ⇒ (7, 3) + 9 = 19

Attack #4: 4th: Flurry of blows: 1d20 + 20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 20 + 4 = 38
Damage: 2d10 + 9 ⇒ (10, 6) + 9 = 25

If I scored a critical,(can this thing even be critted?) Malak gets an AoO.

Edit @ Akor's post below: I did not know that. Thanks for heads up on that one, bro. That's cool. Now I know.


Male Casrua. Inquisitor 20/Ranger10(gestalt feat)/Nature's Warden7(prestigious)

Pretty sure I'd get an AoO too, as I also have outflank


Akor moves forward and lashes out with his weapons, defacing the legs and making the entire golem less stable. Inflicting 72 points of damage after DR

Malak also strikes out, hitting the stone golem with each of his weapons once. Dealing 55 points of damage

Darnak begins to punch the golem over and over again in the same spot, until the leg he is pounding crumbles to dust. A whopping 128 points of damage since he ignores the DR

All three of them pounce on the opportunity presented by a critical hit, and the golem explodes into cloud of dust and tiny pieces of granite shrapnel. It only had 4 HP left, so I'm sure you all would kill it.

Deprived of his chance to ruin another statue, Thaddicus turns toward the rumbling sounds. Sparel does the same.

Two Truly Horrid Umber Hulks burst out of the hard wooden floor and stare at the party, their massive eyes bulging out of their heads.

The hardened shell of an umber hulk is much like a statue, and Thaddicus treats the creatures just like one. His volley of arrows hits six times, almost ripping the creature's arms from its torso. Umber hulk No. 1 takes 182 points of damage

Sparel summons a cannon from ... somewhere ... and motions toward the wounded umber hulk. A massive boom echoes through the chamber as a shot hits the umber hulk right in the gut. Dealing another 27 points of damage to Umber Hulk No. 1

The two umber hulks seem to twitch oddly as everyone looks at them. They make an odd keening sound, as if in mourning. The sound, and the sight of their eyes, seems to disorient everyone.

The demonic tree attacks Malak this time and seems to have much less trouble with invisibility than it does with copies. The sharpened piece of wood slams into the shadowdancer's leg, ripping through the muscles and just missing the femoral artery. Malak, you take 48 points of damage from the hit

Everyone must make 2 will saves at DC 24. Failure on either one means your character is Confused, meaning they are unable to determine their actions. If you fail the save, roll on the following table at the start of each round to see how you act that round.

Confusion chart:
d% Behavior
01-25 Act normally
26-50 Do nothing but babble incoherently
51-75 Deal 1d8 points of damage + Str modifier to self with item in hand
76-100 Attack nearest creature (a familiar counts as part of the subject's self)

A confused character who can't carry out the indicated action does nothing but babble incoherently. Attackers are not at any special advantage when attacking a confused character. Any confused character who is attacked automatically attacks its attackers on its next turn, as long as it is still confused when its turn comes. Note that a confused character will not make attacks of opportunity against any creature that it is not already devoted to attacking (either because of its most recent action or because it has just been attacked).

Monster rolls:
Tree attack roll 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (16) + 28 = 44
Damage 5d6 + 28 ⇒ (4, 5, 1, 6, 4) + 28 = 48
Target 1d6 ⇒ 2
Miss chance for invis (higher is a hit) 1d100 ⇒ 57


Male Casrua. Inquisitor 20/Ranger10(gestalt feat)/Nature's Warden7(prestigious)

Not that it mattered, but Akor's attacks bypass DR, thanks to the Judgement of Smiting he has activated. Will it help vs the Umber Hulks? And would you like me to make a Know check to know this?

1d20 + 25 ⇒ (7) + 25 = 32 Will Save 1

1d20 + 25 ⇒ (20) + 25 = 45 Will Save 2


You might have to list all that in a spoiler sometimes in case I forget. Still, it would have lead to about the same thing. Thanks for letting me know about Smiting. You have so many judgements I don't know them all by heart yet.

351 to 400 of 1,168 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Usher of the Apocalypse All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.