Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

The Fourth Crusade

Game Master Desriden

The Fourth Crusade is a high-level adventure tied to the Worldwound and Mendev in the Golarion setting.


851 to 900 of 1,168 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

The Numerian human speaks up first.

"Well, we gathered up all the treasure near the Demon Tree before we left. No reason to leave it behind for the bad people to use against us, the Master said."

The orc joins in.

"We blow horn when spot people, so Master can talk to them like he did with us. No kill, just knock out, then take them to lake."


Sparel, in addition to what you could gather from the earlier post, you also know that the Echo Wood has a bad reputation. Some people claim its dangerous, and people who go in have a habit of never being seen again.

Bodies are never found or anything like that. They just vanish. Most people stick to the edges of the wood, where things seem to be much safer.


Male Human Cleric 3 - Unholy Barrister
Sparel Radtymah wrote:
::You mean the one you wanted me to cast charm person on because she was interested in you? Regardless, they are charmed by something very powerful and a great wyrm has the ability to do such a thing. Also these plants aren't native. They would not survive here without tending. ::

::Is that how that went? Ah...memories of casual dalliances fade so quickly. But I digress, so now we know the wyrm is about and has these men in her thrall and evidently a treasure. This is going very well if I do say so.::


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56
Malak Jaedoom wrote:
Sparel Radtymah wrote:
::You mean the one you wanted me to cast charm person on because she was interested in you? Regardless, they are charmed by something very powerful and a great wyrm has the ability to do such a thing. Also these plants aren't native. They would not survive here without tending. ::
::Is that how that went? Ah...memories of casual dalliances fade so quickly. But I digress, so now we know the wyrm is about and has these men in her thrall and evidently a treasure. This is going very well if I do say so.::

::It makes sense now why this wood has such a fierce reputation. It also explains why people tend to disapear. And apparently it's lair is by the lake. Does everyone have mental protections versus mind control?::


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56

::So, we can look for it's lair or we can lure it out here with the horn.::


Male Casrua. Inquisitor 20/Ranger10(gestalt feat)/Nature's Warden7(prestigious)

::"Might be best to lure it out here. No sense in fighting it on its home turff. Let me attempt to talk to it first however. It might be that while it nested within the Demon Tree it learned of something useful. Of course, if not and its just using the survivors for its own cruel ends, then we can slay it and raid its hoard for the shinies":: He says this last with a mental chuckle.


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56

::Whenever you're done with these two we should probably knock them out and put them somewhere safe. They're mind thralls and presumably otherwise innocent. The mind magic will wear off on it's own given time.::


Male Human Cleric 3 - Unholy Barrister

::At least get the horn codes before knocking them out.::


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56
Malak Jaedoom wrote:

::At least get the horn codes before knocking them out.::

You blow in the skinny end and it comes out the wide end. It's not a telagraph. lol. But you're right if the code turns out to be anything other than one long loud noise.


M Human (Taldan) Zen Archer Monk/ Freebooter Ranger 1

::I'm fine with bringing him here, arrows aren't very good underwater.::


Awww, Thaddicus already figured out the encounter. So what are you guys doing?


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56

Waiting for Akor's signal to knock these guys over the head and shove them in the bushes somewhere.Then we blow the horn.


Male Casrua. Inquisitor 20/Ranger10(gestalt feat)/Nature's Warden7(prestigious)

::"Sparel, kindly retrieve their horn so that they may summon their master. The rest of you, as soon as the horn is blown, knock them out and put them someplace outta sight"::

"Would you mind calling your master?, I'd like to talk to him."


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56
Akor Scourgebane wrote:

::"Sparel, kindly retrieve their horn so that they may summon their master. The rest of you, as soon as the horn is blown, knock them out and put them someplace outta sight"::

"Would you mind calling your master?, I'd like to talk to him."

The horn floats over from its resting place to land at their feet.


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56

Before this thing comes flying in what's the setup? Presumably we're surrounded by trees and the lake is some distance away.

::Do we have a plan other than blasting the crap out of it? Darnak is there another form you would like to have? Something that can fly, for example so you can keep it from flying away. What about everyone else? ::


Male Human Cleric 3 - Unholy Barrister

::I belive we're up Darnak. You can take the big ugly guy. I'll creep up on the human and let him have it after the call is made.::

Malak will stick to his beloved shadows which are fortunatley abundant in the trees and silently make his way behind the enthralled human.

Stealth - 1d20 + 48 ⇒ (18) + 48 = 66

::Unless you spell casters can keep the dragon grounded or give us wings; we won't have many options if it desires to flee. Well, we could hitch a ride but that could get tricky as well as thrilling.::


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56
Malak Jaedoom wrote:

::I belive we're up Darnak. You can take the big ugly guy. I'll creep up on the human and let him have it after the call is made.::

Malak will stick to his beloved shadows which are fortunatley abundant in the trees and silently make his way behind the enthralled human.

Stealth - 1d20 + 48

::Unless you spell casters can keep the dragon grounded or give us wings; we won't have many options if it desires to flee. Well, we could hitch a ride but that could get tricky as well as thrilling.::

::I'll make it a priority, but it's a great wyrm. It'll be tricky. ::


Male Casrua. Inquisitor 20/Ranger10(gestalt feat)/Nature's Warden7(prestigious)

::"The arrows of Thaddicus and I will follow the beast for quite a distance should it try to flee. But as I said, I'd like to speak with it first, before we slay it. Though, if it comes to battle, it might be a good idea to rend its wings as quickly as possible"::


Male Dwarf Male Dwarf Monk (Monk of the Sacred Mountain) 1
Sparel Radtymah wrote:


::Do we have a plan other than blasting the crap out of it? Darnak is there another form you would like to have? Something that can fly, for example so you can keep it from flying away. What about everyone else? ::

::"If ya can make me fly, elf, that would be handy. Otherwise, I can use myself as a distraction out in the open. If I can be gettin' him to concentrate on me, then the rest of ya can finish 'im off."::

Malak Jaedoom wrote:

::I belive we're up Darnak. You can take the big ugly guy. I'll creep up on the human and let him have it after the call is made.::

Malak will stick to his beloved shadows which are fortunatley abundant in the trees and silently make his way behind the enthralled human.

Stealth - 1d20 + 48

::Unless you spell casters can keep the dragon grounded or give us wings; we won't have many options if it desires to flee. Well, we could hitch a ride but that could get tricky as well as thrilling.::

::"You're always stickin' me with the big ugly ones.":: He huffs as he adjusts his hat and moves right up to the orc, unconcerned. Darnak then concentrates on the orc's thoughts.

Technically, he gets a Will save vs. Detect Thoughts. But I figure if he succeeds, I can just keep casting it until he fails. I won't bother with the suggestion part of it. I just want to communicate with him is all.

::"Alright, orc, here's what's gonna happen. You're gonna blow your horn and then I'm gonna knock ya out. Now, we're not here ta kill ya or your buddy there. We're gonna put ya someplace safe, and when ya wake up, you'll be able to go where ya want. Even back ta your master, if ya be wishin'. Just a fair warnin'... ya see that old man right up there?":: He nods in the direction of Thad, ::"If ya decide ta run or holler, he'll put a dozen arrows in ya before ya can take a step. Well it's somewhere aroun' there. All I ever see is a swarm of sticks when he gets ta firin'. Anyway, what I offer ya is livin'. I give ya my word there'll be no killin' of either of ya. Alright? I'm offerin' this to ya the easy way. I'd rather not have ta do this the hard way. But I'll leave it up ta you.":: He places his hands within his robes as he waits for his reply.

Diplomacy: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (8) - 3 = 5
Intimidate: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (15) - 3 = 12

Darnak's persona really doesn't fit these skills. (Well, besides for obvious reasons) But I figure I have to roll something.


The orc's eyes narrow as he feels the dwarf's thoughts push into his mind.

::The Master wants us to sound the horn; he didn't say we had to fight you. But don't think you're going to kill him. My old boss tried that and he was swallowed whole.::

The orc grabs at the horn with his hands and blows one long, loud note from the horn. With his other hand, he holds the Numerian's shoulder. Darnak, you know the orc is thinking he doesn't want the human to run because he doesn't want him to be shot dead. In fact, he seems to think of the human in the same way he thinks of his own tribesmen. You briefly think to yourself that it must be some powerful enchantment magic.

Then the connection to his mind ends as the orc is knocked unconscious.

The lake is not nearby. Sparel estimates it will take about five minutes or so to reach this spot, assuming the dragon comes immediately at full speed. The tree canopy here is a bit thin and you can see the sky above you. Nearby parts of the forest are thicker and would provide cover from above.

Let me know what buffs, if any, you guys want to do and how you plan to handle this. If you want to move to another location with more favorable terrain, just tell me what you are looking for and I'll let you know if there is something nearby like that and how long it will take to get there.

Also, knowledge rolls for dragon weaknesses can be done to get additional information. Please remember this is an intelligent creature and plan accordingly.


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56

TKG Green dragons:

Knowledge Arcana 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (9) + 24 = 33
Knowledge Dungeoneering1d20 + 17 ⇒ (11) + 17 = 28
Knowledge Engineer1d20 + 17 ⇒ (9) + 17 = 26
Knowledge Geography1d20 + 17 ⇒ (8) + 17 = 25
Knowledge History1d20 + 17 ⇒ (3) + 17 = 20
Knowledge Local1d20 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23
Knowledge Nature1d20 + 17 ⇒ (16) + 17 = 33
Knowledge Nobility1d20 + 17 ⇒ (19) + 17 = 36
Knowledge Planes1d20 + 34 ⇒ (19) + 34 = 53
Knowledge Religion1d20 + 29 ⇒ (14) + 29 = 43
Spellcraft 1d20 + 29 ⇒ (7) + 29 = 36

::I was planning on hasting everyone and using an animated tree to hold the dragon down. Also was going to give Darnak wings should the dragon try to flee. Darnak, you can grapple it, right?::


Male Dwarf Male Dwarf Monk (Monk of the Sacred Mountain) 1

Darnak smirks at Sparel. ::"Funny, elf. Very funny.":: He then moves the unconscious orc to a safe hiding place.

::"Let's fight this beast away from those two. I don't want 'em ta become collateral damage. I gave me word that they both would be left alive."::


Sparel, you know the green wyrm has an acid breath weapon and a 30 foot reach with its bite attack. The rest of its physical attacks have a 20 foot reach.

It's large enough to crush people by landing from above or sweep them aside with its tail. It's breath weapon has a 70 foot reach, meaning you'd have to be in a large open space to avoid it in the woods and still be able to attack.

In addition to being a potent sorcerer with unknown powers, it also automatically has Charm Person, Dominate Person, Entangle, Plant Growth and Suggestion.

There's more to know, but the roll was a bit low. Someone else can try Knowledge:Arcana or some other monster lore skill if they wish.


M Human (Taldan) Zen Archer Monk/ Freebooter Ranger 1

Thaddicus will use barkskin and ready an action to cast gravity bow on his bow if it looks like battle will happen. He will remain in a tree to be separate from the group a little bit. His ability to fire through cover should also help. He is going to try to stealth and remain hidden from the dragon.

Stealth: 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (18) + 32 = 50

::I'd like to see Darnak with wings. I think they would fit his angelic disposition::


Male Human Cleric 3 - Unholy Barrister

::Just make him a dragon as well. Or something big that will keep old scaly's attention and then put the hold on her to keep her grounded.::

Malak moves the human over to where Darnak had taken the orc and makes sure theyre bound securely. He hooks the horn onto his belt and looks around for a better vantage point.

::Darnak's right; we need to move away from these two and somewhere we'll have the advatage against a giant lizard.::


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56
Malak Jaedoom wrote:

::Just make him a dragon as well. Or something big that will keep old scaly's attention and then put the hold on her to keep her grounded.::

Malak moves the human over to where Darnak had taken the orc and makes sure theyre bound securely. He hooks the horn onto his belt and looks around for a better vantage point.

::Darnak's right; we need to move away from these two and somewhere we'll have the advatage against a giant lizard.::

::I can make him a dragon, but he wont be larger (medium sized only) Though he will be stronger. If I turn you into a green dragon you will have some acid resistance. Though, I have the Acid resist ring if it will help. I can protect myself well enough if someone wants it. Darnak, do you have acid resistance? The creature has an acidic breath weapon. Wherevre we go we need to start off in a 30 foot radius so I can haste everyone. ::


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56

::I can permanently give you all wings over time, but only one today. If you all don't figure out a way to fly I'm going to start transforming you. :: Sparel says passive agressively though he is obviously joking, mostly.


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56

::To keep this thing from charming us I'm going to cast Protection from evil on two of you. Darnak will get the self only version and Myself and on other will get the area version. If someone unprotected gets charmed one of the area people needs to get and stay within 10 feet of them to supress the effect. I will be one, but I need a voluneteer for the other. Whichever archer can cover the most distance is the best choice (Thad I think). Darnak, if you're going toe to toe I can make you more difficult to hit (50% miss chance) assuming you don't have a similar ability already.::

"The Plan:"
Do I think we have more or less than 10 min? If more I'll summon a phantom steed. If not disregard.

Karma bead (+4 cleric CL 10 min)
Protection from evil - Darnak 17 min
Circle vs evil X2 - 170 min each - Myself and one of the archers (thad I think)
Shield of Faith - Self

When we can see it coming
Below all last 18 rounds
Haste - all then we need to move to positions
Displacement - self or Darnak
Vengeful Commets - Self
Spectral hand - Self


M Human (Taldan) Zen Archer Monk/ Freebooter Ranger 1

Thad jumps down from the tree he is in, floating slowly to the ground as he speaks through the telepathic link. ::If we are dealing with mind control, I will be fine with getting the area effect.

And wings interfere with my draw. You can transform me all you like, as long as you don't want me using my bow.::


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56
Thaddicus Marcaldor wrote:

Thad jumps down from the tree he is in, floating slowly to the ground as he speaks through the telepathic link. ::If we are dealing with mind control, I will be fine with getting the area effect.

And wings interfere with my draw. You can transform me all you like, as long as you don't want me using my bow.::

Sparel nods.

Thad gets the other Protection from evil. I'll post the spells in a minute. We should probably all do the calculations ahead of time so we remember them in combat.


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56

Haste:

Haste
School: transmutation
Level: alchemist 3, bard 3, magus 3, sorcerer/wizard 3, summoner 2
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Components: V, S, M (a shaving of licorice root)
Range: close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Targets: one creature/level, no two of which can be more than 30 ft. apart
Duration: 1 round/level
Saving Throw: Fortitude negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: yes (harmless)
The transmuted creatures move and act more quickly than normal. This extra speed has several effects.

When making a full attack action, a hasted creature may make one extra attack with one natural or manufactured weapon. The attack is made using the creature's full base attack bonus, plus any modifiers appropriate to the situation. (This effect is not cumulative with similar effects, such as that provided by a speed weapon, nor does it actually grant an extra action, so you can't use it to cast a second spell or otherwise take an extra action in the round.) A hasted creature gains a +1 bonus on attack rolls and a +1 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves. Any condition that makes you lose your Dexterity bonus to Armor Class (if any) also makes you lose dodge bonuses.

All of the hasted creature's modes of movement (including land movement, burrow, climb, fly, and swim) increase by 30 feet, to a maximum of twice the subject's normal speed using that form of movement. This increase counts as an enhancement bonus, and it affects the creature's jumping distance as normal for increased speed. Multiple haste effects don't stack. Haste dispels and counters slow.

Ifyou have magic circle it's this, but also affects those within 10 feet.

Protection from evil:

School: abjuration [good]
Level: cleric/oracle 1, inquisitor 1, paladin 1, sorcerer/wizard 1, summoner 1
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Components: V, S, M/DF
Range: touch
Targets: creature touched
Duration: 1 min./level (D) (D)
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: no; see text
This spell wards a creature from attacks by evil creatures, from mental control, and from summoned creatures. It creates a magical barrier around the subject at a distance of 1 foot. The barrier moves with the subject and has three major effects.

First, the subject gains a +2 deflection bonus to AC and a +2 resistance bonus on saves. Both these bonuses apply against attacks made or effects created by evil creatures.

Second, the subject immediately receives another saving throw (if one was allowed to begin with) against any spells or effects that possess or exercise mental control over the creature (including enchantment [charm] effects and enchantment [compulsion] effects such as charm person, command, and dominate person). This saving throw is made with a +2 morale bonus, using the same DC as the original effect.

If successful, such effects are suppressed for the duration of this spell. The effects resume when the duration of this spell expires.

While under the effects of this spell, the target is immune to any new attempts to possess or exercise mental control over the target.

This spell does not expel a controlling life force (such as a ghost or spellcaster using magic jar), but it does prevent them from controlling the target. This second effect only functions against spells and effects created by evil creatures or objects, subject to GM discretion.

Third, the spell prevents bodily contact by evil summoned creatures. This causes the natural weapon attacks of such creatures to fail and the creatures to recoil if such attacks require touching the warded creature. Summoned creatures that are not evil are immune to this effect. The protection against contact by summoned creatures ends if the warded creature makes an attack against or tries to force the barrier against the blocked creature. Spell resistance can allow a creature to overcome this protection and touch the warded creature.

For Darnak

Displacement:

Displacement
School: illusion (glamer)
Level: bard 3, sorcerer/wizard 3, alchemist 3, summoner 3, magus 3
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Components: V, M (a small loop of leather)
Range: touch
Targets: creature touched
Duration: 1 round/level (D)
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: yes (harmless)
The subject of this spell appears to be about 2 feet away from its true location. The creature benefits from a 50% miss chance as if it had total concealment. Unlike actual total concealment, displacement does not prevent enemies from targeting the creature normally. True seeing reveals its true location and negates the miss chance.


10 minutes seems like it might be stretching things.


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56
GM_Arbiter wrote:
10 minutes seems like it might be stretching things.

I figured. It's something I should have thought of ahead of time. I'll just have to use summon monster to get somethign that can fly if needed.


You are at the point where you can summon one of those at the start of the day and just keep it around. Speed 100 a round, add gallop and you can cover a lot of distance with a low level spell.


Is that it for buffs?

Is this where you want to fight?


Male Casrua. Inquisitor 20/Ranger10(gestalt feat)/Nature's Warden7(prestigious)

Oh no, I have a bunch of buffs myself. Been at work all day, and couldn't post them all.


I'm in no hurry. The next bit won't get posted until everyone has a chance to buff and place themselves.


Male Casrua. Inquisitor 20/Ranger10(gestalt feat)/Nature's Warden7(prestigious)

Going to assume that Akor pretty much always has Magic Vestment and Countless Eyes cast, as they both lasts 18 hrs and there's no reason he wouldn't cast them upon waking if he felt or knew battle was imminent.

Also, casting Battlemind Link between Thad and I.

Finally, as the dragon is about to make its arrival, I begin casting the following spells:

Round 1 cast Shield of Faith(+5 Deflection to AC)

Round 2 cast Righteous Might (Become Large, +4 Str, +4 Con, -2 Dex, -1 Attack, +2 CMB, +4 Natrual Armor, DR 10/Evil, 10 ft Reach, Demonwrack deals 2d6 base dmg)

Round 3 cast Divine Power(+6 Luck bonus to Attack, Damage, Str checks, and Str basesd skill-checks. +18 Temp HP, Extra attack ala Haste, doesn't stack) RM down to 17 Rds

Round 4 cast Tactical Acumen(Allies can +3 Insight bonus on AC or Attack based on battlefiled postioning, aka High Ground, Flanking, Cover) RM down to 16 Rds, DP down to 17 Rds, TA 18 Rds

Round 5 cast Flames of the Faithful granting Demonwrack the Flaming Burst property for 18 rounds.

Obviously, the idea here is to cast these spells in such a timely fashion that if combat begins, they'll still be active, for at least a few rounds

Buffness:

AC= 28(Magical Vestment), +5(Deflection, Shield of Faith), +4(Natural Armor), +1(Haste), +5(Sacred, Protection Jdg)= 43 total

Melee Attack: 22 base , +6 (Luck , Divine Power), +5(Sacred, Justice), +1(Haste), -1(Righetous Might)= 33 total

Ranged Attack: 20 base, +6(Luck, Divine Power), +5(Sacred, Justice), +1(Haste), -1(Righteous Might) = 31 total

Melee Damage: 2d6+9 base, +6(Luck, Divine Power), +9(Sacred, Destruction)= +24 total

Ranged Damage: 1d8+2 base, +2(Str, Righteous Might), +6(Luck, Divine Power), +9(Sacred, Destruction)= +19 total

All Sacred bonus increase by 1 vs Evil Outsiders due to Favored Judgement.
Other Defenses: DR 10/Evil, 20% Concealment, 50% chance to avoid a Crit or Sneak attack. AC vs Critical Hit Confirms = 48. Stalwart(Evasion for Fort and Will). Acid, Cold, Elec Res 5, Fire Res 10. Cannot be flanked(Countless Eyes), HP 218.
Spells per day 1: 5, 2: 4, 3: 5, 4: 5, 5: 3, 6: 4


Male Dwarf Male Dwarf Monk (Monk of the Sacred Mountain) 1
Thaddicus Marcaldor wrote:
::I'd like to see Darnak with wings. I think they would fit his angelic disposition::

Darnak mentally grunts at Thad.

::"I'm not becomin' some dragon. I leave that ta Sparel. And I'm not resistant ta acid, elf. I got no place left ta put your ring that helps block it, so let's hope I can dodge it properly. But I'll take your displacement."::

Gonna drink a Potion of Heroism. It's 10 minutes per level. The dragon's not 10 minutes away, is it? If so, I'll drink it when we assume we see him.

So I'll have: Protection from Evil; Heroism; Displacement. I think that's all.


Male Human Cleric 3 - Unholy Barrister

::If Akor insist on talking with the dragon then I'll wait close by and out of sight before attacking when the time is right. Wait, is there a right time to come within range of a great wyrm's fanged maw? Ah well, either way I'll be as close as I can.::

Malak is an elf of opportunity and doesnt have really anything to prepare. He'll stay out of sight until the dragon is sighted before doing anything.

Stealth - 1d20 + 48 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 48 + 4 = 66


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56
Malak Jaedoom wrote:

::If Akor insist on talking with the dragon then I'll wait close by and out of sight before attacking when the time is right. Wait, is there a right time to come within range of a great wyrm's fanged maw? Ah well, either way I'll be as close as I can.::

Malak is an elf of opportunity and doesnt have really anything to prepare. He'll stay out of sight until the dragon is sighted before doing anything.

Stealth - 1d20 + 48 + 4

::Just don't talk too long. My spells won't last forever. If you insist on talking to the great wyrm that enslaved people and roosted in the demon tree for awhile then at least make it short. I think you'll get a good feel for it's disposition quickly enough.::


After about seven minutes, the party can hear trees and bushes rustling as something large and heavy moving through the woods. Within a few moments, the Daggers can tell it's not one massive creature but several large creatures moving through the woods.

Those hiding in the trees can see that large treants, four of them to be exact, are moving toward the spot where the horn sounded. They'll arrive in the clearing where the party is in about six rounds (36 seconds).


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56
GM_Arbiter wrote:

After about seven minutes, the party can hear trees and bushes rustling as something large and heavy moving through the woods. Within a few moments, the Daggers can tell it's not one massive creature but several large creatures moving through the woods.

Those hiding in the trees can see that large treants, four of them to be exact, are moving toward the spot where the horn sounded. They'll arrive in the clearing where the party is in about six rounds (36 seconds).

::Treants? Looks like we may have to take the fight to the dragon after all. I'd recommend avoiding a fight until we actually see the dragon. No reason to give any more warning than necessary. ::


Male Human Cleric 3 - Unholy Barrister

::Fight or Flight? We should be able to avoid these barky fellows if we move fast.::


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56
Malak Jaedoom wrote:
::Fight or Flight? We should be able to avoid these barky fellows if we move fast.::

::It also appears as though we have time on our side. The hostages are safe enough for the time being as thralls. I havent seen any evidence that he's eating them or anything. After all a living thrall is far more useful for bringing food than being food. So that's promising.::


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56
Sparel Radtymah wrote:
Malak Jaedoom wrote:
::Fight or Flight? We should be able to avoid these barky fellows if we move fast.::
::It also appears as though we have time on our side. The hostages are safe enough for the time being as thralls. I havent seen any evidence that he's eating them or anything. After all a living thrall is far more useful for bringing food than being food. So that's promising.::

::It may be prudent to keep our presence unknown and gather some intel about the dragons forces and defenses. Of course we'll need to keep those two that saw us captive, but that shouldn't be much of an issue. We can store them in the magnificent mansion. Thoughts?::


M Human (Taldan) Zen Archer Monk/ Freebooter Ranger 1

::"It would be best to try to flush out the dragon from its lair. We can see what kind of minions it throws our way and destroy or incapacitate them until it comes out to talk to us properly. I don't know how much intel we can get on the dragon magically, but we can be relatively certain that it can do the same on us"::


Male Casrua. Inquisitor 20/Ranger10(gestalt feat)/Nature's Warden7(prestigious)

::"I say we either speak with the treants, or melt into the trees and follow them back to the dragon and gather some intel. If the dragon doesn't come when the horn is blown, perhaps there is another way to lure him out"::


Male Dwarf Male Dwarf Monk (Monk of the Sacred Mountain) 1

::"Aye. We don't want ta be fightin' the dragon in his own home. And I think it's sendin' its minions at us now. As for speakin' to these trees or not, I'm not so sure they're here ta be talkin'. But ya better decide quickly on what ya want ta do, Akor; they're almost here. I'm also for storin' those two in the mansion. They can't hurt anyone in there. Mainly themselves."::

851 to 900 of 1,168 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Usher of the Apocalypse All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.