Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


The Fourth Crusade

Game Master Desriden

The Fourth Crusade is a high-level adventure tied to the Worldwound and Mendev in the Golarion setting.


651 to 700 of 1,168 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

Dreams are personal things. Intimate. The idea that someone else shares them is disturbing to some, for good reason. A man is the sum of his memories; those who rely on faith even more so.

Images of a wheel of bright white metal, illuminated by holy fire, turn in Akor's mind. He sees the armies of his Goddess Iomedae. These beings do not hide their natures; their armor and shields make plain exactly who they serve. Even though Akor does not mind bending rules to get things done, the ranks of armored warriors fill him with more certainty than angels who hide what they are.

The monks have more control over their conscious and unconscious minds, so the proximity of so many dreams does little to disturb their sleep.

Malak and his shadow play a game, each one trying to hide from the other. It's not cheating to float through walls in this game, since both of them can do it in the ninja's dream. The two go deeper into a pit surrounded by ice. Sliding through the walls seems to hurt here, but then everything is fine again.

Sparel, a cleric of the Lady of Dreams, knows the secrets of lucid dreaming. He walks through the day, studying points and listening again to everything said.

" ”The medicine needed for your quest is bitter and cold indeed. Even now, something hides beyond our Goddess’ sight, pulling at the threads of this new crusade. But do not despair; this place will be kept safe.”

The angel's words surround him like her wings and he shivers. It's cold here. There's a table with a mortar and pestle resting on it. There's more there, but Sparel can't see anything else because of the giant standing in his way. The massive killer turns to look at the spellcaster. Icicles hang in his beard and his eyes look like they are seen far more than one lifetime's worth of fighting.

"We need to fight fire with fire," the giant says.

Then Sparel wakes up.


Once again, the smells of rich food lure everyone to the dining area. The servants seem to realize how much the group exerted itself the day before. Bacon, sausage, ham, eggs - scrambled and fried, oatmeal, grits, orange juice, pancakes - some with fresh blueberries, and plenty more food behind all that on the counter.

The group knows they will be paid when they return to the exchequer's office. He'll also probably want to hear about what happened in Numeria. The surprise attack on the border of the Worldwound should be over by now.

After that, the hard work of figuring out how to destroy an artifact begins.


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56

Sparel wakes with a some clue as to what needs to be done, though only a clue. He'll need more information. He begins his morning routine. He wakes, cleans himself with magic, prepares spells, then grabs a book to read as he heads to the dining hall. The book obediently floats before him of it's own accord leaving Sparels hands free to unconsciously eat his meal.

"Presumably the others will be along shortly." He thinks to himself as the telepathy spell is long since expired. He knows he could still telepathically wake his cousin, but sees little point in such a thing. When everyone is ready we'll head to the commander to sell our spoils and make a report.


M Human (Taldan) Zen Archer Monk/ Freebooter Ranger 1

Thaddicus sweeps into the room next, gliding in with the grace of aristocracy. A polite nod to Sparel proceeded a visit to the buffet. The large stack of pancakes nearly toppled when Thaddicus sat down at the table but he dug into the stack with the precision of a surgeon, not spilling a drop of the syrup or a crumb of the copiously piled plate.

He eyed the elf across the table. He was lost in thought like usual. The dreamer dreamed so large, it took his waking hours as well. He smiled. "Sleep well?" he asked, before putting a reasonably sized bite of pancakes in his mouth.


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56

Sparel, feeling safe in his home and enrapt in his reading didn't even notice the archer enter. When he hears the familiar voice Sparel looks up from his book "Ancient Thassolenian rituals and dirty lymrics."

"Hummm.." He says as he looks up. "Well enough. And you?" Sparel knows he doesn't sleep, per se, but the word is close enough for human standards.


Male Dwarf Male Dwarf Monk (Monk of the Sacred Mountain) 1

Darnak wakes and immediately gets up. Putting on his hat, Time to go to work, he thinks to himself. Making his way down to breakfast, he nods at the others and sits down at the table. Noticing Thad eating like it was his last meal, he concentrates on his fellow monk's thoughts, ::"Careful, old man. Those pancakes ain't for killin'." He says with a wry smile.

Hat of Telepathy, in case any one's wondering.


Male Human Cleric 3 - Unholy Barrister

Malak was late for breakfast as usual. He awoke feeling refreshed if a bit sore but knew that that would pass as the day wore on. He found his clothes cleaned and folded nicely...these unseen servants are quite usefull... His dreams, while not being particularly restfull; gave him so new ideas on how to use his shadowy companion...I should have summoned one long ago... He walked along the corridors of Sparel's realm in full comfort idly dancing a shuriken across his knuckles. Keeping free from scratches was a good way to keep his precious hands dextrous. He could smell the table before he even entered the dining hall and it had his mouth watering.

Good morning all.

He sat down and gestured for wine knowing that the everpresent servants woudl attend to his every whim even as he forked a few of the pancakes and quite a few strips of bacon onto his plate.

I actually had blue berry pancakes and bacon for breakfast this AM!

I swear cousin! You sure set the standard for hospitatlity. This spread looks absolutely delicious.


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56

"yes, I've been slaving over a hot stove all morning. " he says sarcastically and dismissively not looking up from his book.


Male Casrua. Inquisitor 20/Ranger10(gestalt feat)/Nature's Warden7(prestigious)

Arbiter:
Any roll I can make to see if my dream was anything beyond just that?

Akor wakes and dresses, once more not allowing any of the unseen servants to assist him. He doesn't currently bother arming himself with his signature weapons though he does slip a pair of mundane throwing daggers up his sleeve. Years of battle and fighting have taught him to never be totally unarmed, even in what would seem to be a totally safe environment.

Meeting the others for breakfast, he sits down to help himself to a plate of pancakes and one of bacon. "Thanks again for the food Sparel, your an amazing cook" He says with a chuckle.

After he eats his first plate, he grabs some fruit and relaxes. "Order of business for the day?"


M Human (Taldan) Zen Archer Monk/ Freebooter Ranger 1

Thad wiped his mouth with the corner of his napkin although there did not seem to be any food residue on his lips. After swallowing every laqst bit of pancake, he said "The only thing I want to do today is kill more demons than I killed yesterday. Although there are probably a few things we should do. Report back on our quest being one. Coming up with ideas on how to proceed destroying the seed for another. Doing all three will make me more personable today than usual, but still not quite enough to be suitable for society. That would take a whole other quest I'm not too keen on today." He smirked at his own joke.


Male Casrua. Inquisitor 20/Ranger10(gestalt feat)/Nature's Warden7(prestigious)

"Thad, I think you need a week or two long vacation in a Shelyn temple to tame that surly disposition of yours" Akor says, bringing up a running joke between the two archers that's been going on for a few years now.


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56

Sparel motions and the book he was reading seems to close and carry itself out of the room. Presumably carried by an unseen servant back to the library from wence it came.

"When we're done here I was thinking we need to report back for our pay and news. Then we need to figure out where and how to find information about destroying the seed, though we shouldn't be too loose lipped about the fact that we still have it. If it comes up we can say we threw it into the gaping maw of pandemonium. It's as lifeless, infinite, and deadly as I can think of. Under different circumstances it would actually be the perfect place to store it. Hopefully a few legions of demons will get that intel and go looking for it. Perhaps some of the better liars among you could whisper that in the right ears to help spread the misinformation. "
Sparel say's "Liars" as a acknowledgement of a strength that he does not personally possess.

TCG on where/how to find information about destroying the seed:

Knowledge Arcana 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (2) + 24 = 26
Knowledge Dungeoneering1d20 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21
Knowledge Engineer1d20 + 17 ⇒ (19) + 17 = 36
Knowledge Geography1d20 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 24
Knowledge History1d20 + 17 ⇒ (10) + 17 = 27
Knowledge Local1d20 + 17 ⇒ (15) + 17 = 32
Knowledge Nature1d20 + 17 ⇒ (13) + 17 = 30
Knowledge Nobility1d20 + 17 ⇒ (12) + 17 = 29
Knowledge Planes1d20 + 34 ⇒ (9) + 34 = 43
Knowledge Religion1d20 + 29 ⇒ (17) + 29 = 46


Male Human Cleric 3 - Unholy Barrister

Malak laughed aloud at the inquisitor's suggestion.

Shelyn, Akor? Really? I think he'd have a much better time in the arms of a couple fo succelent ladies devoted to Calistria.

He shot Thadicus a knowing wink before turning to the more serious topics at hand.

I could certainly drop a 'whisper' here and there. Should we recon the city that dwelt in the demon tree's shadow before reporting in?


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56
Malak Jaedoom wrote:

Malak laughed aloud at the inquisitor's suggestion.

Shelyn, Akor? Really? I think he'd have a much better time in the arms of a couple fo succelent ladies devoted to Calistria.

He shot Thadicus a knowing wink before turning to the more serious topics at hand.

I could certainly drop a 'whisper' here and there. Should we recon the city that dwelt in the demon tree's shadow before reporting in?

"Good point. We can do some of the from here in the scrying room. Frankly we can report in that way too. "

We'll use the scrying pool when DM is back


M Human (Taldan) Zen Archer Monk/ Freebooter Ranger 1

Thad thought it necessary to address his betterment. "The last thing I need is that crazy noise people call music. Music to me is cicadas in a field at sunset. It is not people straining the guts and skins of dead animals, or live ones for that matter. I did see one devotee of Sheyln I liked. He was carving a poem of blood in the belly of a balor with his glaive. He did it without singing. I respected him for that.

"And Calistrians? I'd rather wrestle some protean horror beasts. No offense."


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56

"the plan"

Use the greater scrying pool to contact the commander and report via message spell. If he's protected from scrying magics a porter or page can suffice as a go-between. We'll tell him we removed the seed. If he wants specifics I'll have someone who is a better liar than I chime in and tell them we threw it into the gaping maw of pandemonium. Then we'll ask about the inhabitants of the city where the tree was.

Also Sparel is still looking for an idea of where to get more information about how to destroy the seed.


Male Human Cleric 3 - Unholy Barrister

Dont we want to use the scrying pool to look in on the demon tree destroyed city before reporting in? And we'll need to report in in person if we want paid.


Male Casrua. Inquisitor 20/Ranger10(gestalt feat)/Nature's Warden7(prestigious)

When Sparel suggests using the scrying pool Akor shakes his head "What do we should we find survivors who could use our help? Cast Detection spells on them? Or maybe whisper a warning about the building that's about to collapse on them? Very heroic of us Sparel. I for one vote we go there and scout the city out in person. Who knows what might be left behind that could be useful, from books to weapons to records as well as the afformentioned possible survivors."


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56

"The scrying pool is for looking in on specific people or creatures. Unless one of you happens to know someone specifically near the demon tree to look in on that could be a long and arduous process. It would be faster to simply planeshift to the tree after we speak with the commander."


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56

Also this is the next morning. The tree fell at least 8 hours ago.


Akor:
You know for a fact that wheel of bright white metal, illuminated by holy fire, from your dream was Jingh, a servant of Iomedae. He is a messenger and sometimes serves as a signal or guidepost for the holy armies of the Goddess Iomedae.

The main thing you remember about your dream is that sense of belonging and also that ever soldier was in their place, performing their duty. It seems to you as if this could be a message that you are in the right place at the right time for the right reasons.

Everyone makes their way to the scrying pool after breakfast. Sparel waves his hand over the surface, and the water ripples as if a rock had been dropped into the center of the font. As the waves recede, all of you can see Baron Gregory Brougham of the Exchequer. He's on top of a massive white horse that is obviously celestial in nature. Its mane is far too shiny for any breed of horse you've ever seen and its eyes are a golden color unseen in nature.

The crippled baron is sliding from the horse to his raised bench from the side that did not have the raised ramp. You can see now that the entire desk he sits at was build to accommodate him summoning the horse gain mobility despite his injuries in the crusade.

He seems unaware of the invisible sensor floating near his head.

DM rolls:
Perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56

WOOOHOOOOO !!!

Sparel will use the message spell to speak with the Baron as well as relay any words his companions wish to relay.

"Baron Bougham, this is Sparel reporting in. Is now a good time?"


The old baron smiles as he talks to the air.

"It most certainly is! We thought you lot were MIA. It's good to know five more soldiers survived. What happened?"


MIA means missing in action, for those who do not know

KIA means killed in action. WIA is wounded in action. After major battles, lists of the wounded, missing and dead are usually posted in public areas so friends and loved ones can quickly find out who survived a battle. The main war reports with such information are posted once a week in the mess hall.


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56
GM_Arbiter wrote:

The old baron smiles as he talks to the air.

"It most certainly is! We thought you lot were MIA. It's good to know five more soldiers survived. What happened?"

"We're all perfectly fine. The tree was created from an artifact known as the seed of malgarius. We destroyed the evil druidess and removed the seed from the material plane, thus cutting off the trees power. Any reports from Numeria? We weren't able to stick around and help as was the nature of leaving the material plane. Apologies for not getting to you sooner. A lot has been happening."

Feel free to "speak" to the Baron. In actuallity Sparel would speak to the general and say "Akor says, ..." but thats a technical formality.


"Well, we were finally able to revive the seer who died trying to scry Numeria a couple hours after we sent your group in. She couldn't remember anything that happened other than a feeling of being trapped somewhere, held down by what she assumes were vines."

"Once she was fine, the other seers attempted to scry Numeria. The capital is wrecked. It looks like something demolished the pleasure palace and the surrounding buildings. Parts of the city were on fire. So far as we can tell, Black Sovereign Kevoth-Kul is dead and the Technic League has been destroyed. Their headquarters was melted by acid and dozens of smashed machines littered the streets."

"As for the jungle and the massive tree, our reports say that the plants are decaying at an accelerated rate. By the end of the week, they should all be gone. The biggest tree seems to have crumbled into dust minutes after it collapsed."

The baron looks down at the golden ring sitting on its edge on his desk. A piece of paper has just appeared, sticking out of one side of the ring like a mailbox. He quickly grabs it and reads the message.

"That was a report from Castle Urion, our outpost in Numeria along the River road. The Iomadae griffon knights are flying supplies to the refugees who fled the city. Most of them are forming caravans and coming toward Mendev. In a couple weeks, we're going to have thousands more people in our cities with little more than the clothes on their backs."

The baron frowns as he says that last part. You can tell he's already thinking about the logistics of handling that many people.

"Also, according to the refugees, it seems a green dragon took some of the civilians captive and left the city. It was perched somewhere on that massive tree and flew down before the trunk fell. We don't know which way it went and our seers cannot find the beast. It must have some form of nondetection magic."

"Now, I have a question for you all. The Silver Mount is the reason Starfall was Numeria's capital. The eyewitnesses said it was completely covered by plants during this whole event. But now there's just a hole in the earth. The Silver Mount is gone. Do you know where it went?"


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56

"SIlver mount is missing? No I'm afraid we don't know anything about that." Looking to his companions for confirmation that they don't either."My magics may be able to locate the dragon. Even if I cannot pierce it's veil we can scry those it took if we had some idea of who they were. Alternately we can find it's lair the old fashion way. Perhaps we can take care of the dragon then look into the disappearance of the mountain. How would you prioritize the need for action in this?"

Thinking to himself a moment. Sparel adds something more for the paladin. "We have another issue that I am hesitant to bring up. We can take care of the dragon, mount, and/or refugees, but if we do we'll need your assistance on something of a delicate nature. Are you alone where we can speak freely?"

if no we'll arrange a time to speak

If yes"The seed that made the demon tree is hidden and inert for the moment, but it is not destroyed. Primarily because the knowledge of how to do so is unknown for now. If we do anything else we'll need to have someone with whom you trust fully look into how the seed might be destroyed. This is a sensitive matter, because I would like for most to assume that the seed has been destroyed and not come looking for it. I'd hate for it to be unleashed on innocents again. "


Male Human Cleric 3 - Unholy Barrister

Malak wasnt sure what Silver Mount was, its significance or how a whole mountain disappeared but hunting down a dragon sure sounded interesting. He stayed out of the converstaion for now as he nothing to add.


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56
Malak Jaedoom wrote:
Malak wasnt sure what Silver Mount was, its significance or how a whole mountain disappeared but hunting down a dragon sure sounded interesting. He stayed out of the converstaion for now as he nothing to add.

I'm not really sure either.

TKG Silver mount:

Knowledge Arcana 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (16) + 24 = 40
Knowledge Dungeoneering1d20 + 17 ⇒ (15) + 17 = 32
Knowledge Engineer1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18
Knowledge Geography1d20 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23
Knowledge History1d20 + 17 ⇒ (10) + 17 = 27
Knowledge Local1d20 + 17 ⇒ (5) + 17 = 22
Knowledge Nature1d20 + 17 ⇒ (16) + 17 = 33
Knowledge Nobility1d20 + 17 ⇒ (13) + 17 = 30
Knowledge Planes1d20 + 34 ⇒ (14) + 34 = 48
Knowledge Religion1d20 + 29 ⇒ (8) + 29 = 37

TKG best way to get info about how to destroy seed:

Knowledge Arcana 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (19) + 24 = 43
Knowledge Dungeoneering1d20 + 17 ⇒ (9) + 17 = 26
Knowledge Engineer1d20 + 17 ⇒ (18) + 17 = 35
Knowledge Geography1d20 + 17 ⇒ (9) + 17 = 26
Knowledge History1d20 + 17 ⇒ (17) + 17 = 34
Knowledge Local1d20 + 17 ⇒ (10) + 17 = 27
Knowledge Nature1d20 + 17 ⇒ (9) + 17 = 26
Knowledge Nobility1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18
Knowledge Planes1d20 + 34 ⇒ (14) + 34 = 48
Knowledge Religion1d20 + 29 ⇒ (6) + 29 = 35


Male Dwarf Male Dwarf Monk (Monk of the Sacred Mountain) 1

Darnak shrugs, having no idea himself of what the Silver Mount might be.


Male Casrua. Inquisitor 20/Ranger10(gestalt feat)/Nature's Warden7(prestigious)

Akor listens to the conversation between Sparel and the Baron. "Isn't the Silver Mount the remains of whatever it was that fell from the sky during the Rain of Stars event? It's rumored to be some strange alien spaceship or some such, isn't it?"

He considers what else is said "Sounds to me that our best move at this point is to make our back to Starfall and investigate that area in depth. Sparel can use his magicks while I use my divienly heightened senses. Between the two of us, there isn't much we can't find."

While I don't have ranks in Local or History, I'm guessing that at level 18, I've heard enough idle chatter about the Silver Mount to make my above comment. Hope I didn't step outta bounds with that


M Human (Taldan) Zen Archer Monk/ Freebooter Ranger 1

The old archer scowled at the baron, but he said in a respectful tone " Is there anything pressing on the front that needs attention? How are you faring there?"


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56
Akor Scourgebane wrote:

Akor listens to the conversation between Sparel and the Baron. "Isn't the Silver Mount the remains of whatever it was that fell from the sky during the Rain of Stars event? It's rumored to be some strange alien spaceship or some such, isn't it?"

He considers what else is said "Sounds to me that our best move at this point is to make our back to Starfall and investigate that area in depth. Sparel can use his magicks while I use my divienly heightened senses. Between the two of us, there isn't much we can't find."

While I don't have ranks in Local or History, I'm guessing that at level 18, I've heard enough idle chatter about the Silver Mount to make my above comment. Hope I didn't step outta bounds with that

"Ahh yes. That's probably something we should look into." Sparel says.


Male Dwarf Male Dwarf Monk (Monk of the Sacred Mountain) 1

Darnak looks to Akor and shrugs. Still having no idea what the heck he's talking about.


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56
Darnak Deepstone wrote:
Darnak looks to Akor and shrugs. Still having no idea what the heck he's talking about.

Looking to Darnak Sparel quirks his head curiously. "If you have something to add and don't want to break your vow give me a sign..." Sparel touches his temple " ...and I'll activate the telepathic bond. I can't do it all day long, but for a few hours at a time."


Akor's comment jogs everyone's memory, except for Sparel who knows many more details.

The Silver Mount is a jagged metallic peak - the largest of the fallen mountains that crashed into Numeria during the legendary Rain of Stars. There is no written record of how long ago that was, but scholars estimate it was more than 10,000 years ago. The legend was passed down by the savage tribes of Numeria, and the rocks were alternately shunned and revered until the Technic League learned to harness some of the mount's powers.

The monolith loomed over the capital city of Starfall, and the group would ordinarily have been able to see it except for the fact that the jungle was so overgrown that any line of sight to its location was blocked. Sparel, the two prying eyes that might have been able to see over the treeline were destroyed when they went further up the tree. That evidence, along with the roar you heard and the refugees' testimony, leads you to believe the green dragon stopped your surveillance spell.

The strange knowledge, technology, metals and fluids of the Silver Mount were what gave modern Numeria much of its power.

Sparel, you know the rumors of the mount being an alien craft to sail the sea of stars are correct. While the Silver Mount was the largest of the debris to fall from the sky, several smaller pieces also struck Numeria. You remember reading a Pathfinder Journal that described an exploration of a smaller piece. The interior was made entirely of metal shaped with a precision that would confound the greatest craftsmen. The doors inside were less than an inch thick but exceedingly sturdy. The group found no "aliens," but terrifying constructs inside the structure attacked them by shooting lightning for their hands. The group escaped, but managed to secure several pounds of adamantine that seemed to litter the area outside the craft.

Sparel, you also know that the Technic League has been able to replicate some of what was found inside these craft or make weaker versions. There was talk even that the League controled Black Sovereign Kevoth-Kul by promising him power from the Mount. They gave him a silvery liquid to drink, and he did become stronger. But he also became more pliant to their wishes, essentially allowing the Technic League to rule the country as the power behind the throne. The liquid was addictive, as well, causing horrible withdrawal for those who began using it but tried to stop.


Male Dwarf Male Dwarf Monk (Monk of the Sacred Mountain) 1

Darnak concentrates on Sparel's thoughts, the elf feeling a slight twinge at his mind. ::"No need, elf. That's why I got me hat.":: He tips the front of it. ::"And I got nothin'. Never heard o' no Silver Mount. Maybe it's some kinda fancy steed.":: He grins wryly.


Thaddicus Marcaldor wrote:
The old archer scowled at the baron, but he said in a respectful tone " Is there anything pressing on the front that needs attention? How are you faring there?"

The baron looks down for a moment as he hears Thaddicus, then speaks.

"The battle itself was terrible. We lost a great many soldier and the final death tolls are still coming in. We estimate at least 4,000 people died in the attack, but the demon advance was pushed back. In fact, the incursion by drow and duerger seemed to stop around the same time we were able to revive the seer. I'm guessing their commander knew this seed thing was taken care of and ordered them to fall back."

"Still, the battle is over and we're reinforcing all the wardstone locations. The new siege engines should help matters. Blessed ammunition should have a much better effect on the next advance."


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56
Darnak Deepstone wrote:

Darnak concentrates on Sparel's thoughts, the elf feeling a slight twinge at his mind. ::"No need, elf. That's why I got me hat.":: He tips the front of it. ::"And I got nothin'. Never heard o' no Silver Mount. Maybe it's some kinda fancy steed.":: He grins wryly.

"It's a nice hat." Sparel says with a grin.


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56

Between conversation Sparel enlightens the others to what exactly the Silver Mount is. He relay's all of the below. I just don't want to re-write all of it. ;-)

GM_Arbiter wrote:

Akor's comment jogs everyone's memory, except for Sparel who knows many more details.

The Silver Mount is a jagged metallic peak - the largest of the fallen mountains that crashed into Numeria during the legendary Rain of Stars. There is no written record of how long ago that was, but scholars estimate it was more than 10,000 years ago. The legend was passed down by the savage tribes of Numeria, and the rocks were alternately shunned and revered until the Technic League learned to harness some of the mount's powers.

The monolith loomed over the capital city of Starfall, and the group would ordinarily have been able to see it except for the fact that the jungle was so overgrown that any line of sight to its location was blocked. Sparel, the two prying eyes that might have been able to see over the treeline were destroyed when they went further up the tree. That evidence, along with the roar you heard and the refugees' testimony, leads you to believe the green dragon stopped your surveillance spell.

The strange knowledge, technology, metals and fluids of the Silver Mount were what gave modern Numeria much of its power.

Sparel, you know the rumors of the mount being an alien craft to sail the sea of stars are correct. While the Silver Mount was the largest of the debris to fall from the sky, several smaller pieces also struck Numeria. You remember reading a Pathfinder Journal that described an exploration of a smaller piece. The interior was made entirely of metal shaped with a precision that would confound the greatest craftsmen. The doors inside were less than an inch thick but exceedingly sturdy. The group found no "aliens," but terrifying constructs inside the structure attacked them by shooting lightning for their hands. The group escaped, but managed to secure several pounds of adamantine that seemed to litter the area outside the craft.

Sparel, you also know that the Technic League has been able to replicate some of what was found inside these craft or make weaker versions. There was talk...


Sparel Radtymah wrote:
"SIlver mount is missing? No I'm afraid we don't know anything about that." Looking to his companions for confirmation that they don't either."My magics may be able to locate the dragon. Even if I cannot pierce it's veil we can scry those it took if we had some idea of who they were. Alternately we can find it's lair the old fashion way. Perhaps we can take care of the dragon then look into the disappearance of the mountain. How would you prioritize the need for action in this?"

The paladin looks straight into the scrying sensor. "Me, I prioritize the people first. That's what we're fighting for, after all. Saving those people from a dragon would be my first priority. I'm not sure what you lot should do with so much on your plate."

Sparel Radtymah wrote:
Thinking to himself a moment. Sparel adds something more for the paladin. "The seed that made the demon tree is hidden and inert for the moment, but it is not destroyed. Primarily because the knowledge of how to do so is unknown for now. If we do anything else we'll need to have someone with whom you trust fully look into how the seed might be destroyed. This is a sensitive matter, because I would like for most to assume that the seed has been destroyed and not come looking for it. I'd hate for it to be unleashed on innocents again. "

"It sounds like you're doing the right thing there. I hired all of you to handle the problem. I wouldn't have done so if I didn't think you were up to the task. As for how to get more information, there's Queen Galfrey's seers in Nerosyan. They are our best source of knowledge."


The paladin looks around at the air.

"Is there something I can call all of you besides "you lot"? It seems disrespectful."


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56
GM_Arbiter wrote:
"It sounds like you're doing the right thing there. I hired all of you to handle the problem. I wouldn't have done so if I didn't think you were up to the task. As for how to get more information, there's Queen Galfrey's seers in Nerosyan. They are our best source of knowledge."

"If you trust their discretion then so do I. We will go after the dragon. While we do see if your sources can glean some information about how to permanently get rid of the seed. Regarding the dragon do you have a name or description of the victims or even someone who may know them? Ideally something personal of theirs."


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56
GM_Arbiter wrote:

The paladin looks around at the air.

"Is there something I can call all of you besides "you lot"? It seems disrespectful."

Sparel looks at the group, "Did we ever decide on a name?"

No seriously, did we?


Male Casrua. Inquisitor 20/Ranger10(gestalt feat)/Nature's Warden7(prestigious)

"My suggestion remains, and seems stronger now that Sparel has enlightened us further on the Mount. We need to get to Starfall and try to figure out what happened or really anything. Right now we're mostly in the dark."

I believe we decided to wait until we played for awhile. Such a suggestion was yours, if I recall.


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56
Akor Scourgebane wrote:

"My suggestion remains, and seems stronger now that Sparel has enlightened us further on the Mount. We need to get to Starfall and try to figure out what happened or really anything. Right now we're mostly in the dark."

I believe we decided to wait until we played for awhile. Such a suggestion was yours, if I recall.

"The mount can defend itself for a bit, we should save the people. We should be able to do so in short order. However I'll bow to the group's combined wisdom."

It's possible, but it would seem that the time is now.


Male Dwarf Male Dwarf Monk (Monk of the Sacred Mountain) 1

Darnak turns his thoughts to Sparel once again, ::"So I'm guessin' this is where we're s'pose ta hunt this Silver Mount thing down, is that it?::

Darnak ponders Sparel's question a moment, ::"Hey Sparel, tell 'im this: Tell 'im after what we just went through, he can call us 'Big Damn Heroes'. That works for me.":: Darnak winks, knowing he's not really helping.


As Sparel thinks, he realizes that whoever made an artifact could destroy it with little harm resulting from the event. Since the seed was made by a demon lord to imprison another demon lord, that won't help here.

Then, the mystic vaguely recalls something from his dreams about fighting fire with fire. Finding another artifact, or finding someone who can make artifacts, might be helpful. Also, studying other people's attempts to destroy such an item is sure to provide insight.

In fact, Sparel recalls that there is a Demon Lord who wants to destroy an artifact.

Kostchtchie, the demonic patron of giants and biting cold, was born human. Legend says the Ulfen killed his mother and sister at the urging of his father and then later killed his father as well. Not much else is known about his mortal life other than his hatred of giants and that he sought out the Witch Queen Baga Yaga to force her into a bargain.

He wanted immortality and the old crone gave it to him - she made him an immortal giant. In so doing, she ripped out the mortal man's soul and trapped it in an object. This artifact was called the Torc of Kostchtchie. Not only did it make him immortal, but it also gave the Witch Queen power over him. The torc was hidden away for centuries until it was found by Queen Tashanna of Irrisen.

It was nearing time for the Queen to abandon her throne to Baba Yaga's next chosen ruler, and Queen Tashanna did not want to go. She found the Torc of Kostchtchie and entered into an alliance with the demon lord to defeat her mother. The rebellion failed and both were punished by Baga Yaga. The short-lived rebellion was called the Witchwar. That was more than 500 years ago.

Rumors say the Demon Lord has spent his time since then trying to find some way to destroy an artifact and, of course, find where Baba Yaga hid the Torc after the Witchwar was over.


You guys can choose to deal with these situations, or ignore them, in whatever order you wish. I'll adjust any combats to be of the appropriate level, so please don't worry about doing things in the "correct" order. It is up to you guys to decide how to deal with each problem and which situations to leave to NPCs.


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56
GM_Arbiter wrote:

As Sparel thinks, he realizes that whoever made an artifact could destroy it with little harm resulting from the event. Since the seed was made by a demon lord to imprison another demon lord, that won't help here.

Then, the mystic vaguely recalls something from his dreams about fighting fire with fire. Finding another artifact, or finding someone who can make artifacts, might be helpful. Also, studying other people's attempts to destroy such an item is sure to provide insight.

In fact, Sparel recalls that there is a Demon Lord who wants to destroy an artifact.

Kostchtchie, the demonic patron of giants and biting cold, was born human. Legend says the Ulfen killed his mother and sister at the urging of his father and then later killed his father as well. Not much else is known about his mortal life other than his hatred of giants and that he sought out the Witch Queen Baga Yaga to force her into a bargain.

He wanted immortality and the old crone gave it to him - she made him an immortal giant. In so doing, she ripped out the mortal man's soul and trapped it in an object. This artifact was called the Torc of Kostchtchie. Not only did it make him immortal, but it also gave the Witch Queen power over him. The torc was hidden away for centuries until it was found by Queen Tashanna of Irrisen.

It was nearing time for the Queen to abandon her throne to Baba Yaga's next chosen ruler, and Queen Tashanna did not want to go. She found the Torc of Kostchtchie and entered into an alliance with the demon lord to defeat her mother. The rebellion failed and both were punished by Baga Yaga. The short-lived rebellion was called the Witchwar. That was more than 500 years ago.

Rumors say the Demon Lord has spent his time since then trying to find some way to destroy an artifact and, of course, find where Baba Yaga hid the Torc after the Witchwar was over.

Note to self.

To the Baron; "Better yet. Instead of the means to destroy the seed, see if the seers can find the hidden location of the Torc of Kostchtie. I believe with that information we can accomplish our goal."

651 to 700 of 1,168 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Usher of the Apocalypse All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.