Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

The Four Pharaohs of Ascension (Inactive)

Game Master Peanuts


751 to 781 of 781 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

Male
Skills:
Acrobatics +6 Appraise +10 Alchemy +12 Disable Device +10 Stealth +7 Perception +9 (10 Traps) UMD+9 Linguistics +8 SoH +7 Spellcraft +9 Sense Motive +9 Local +8 Religion+8, Dungeoneering +7
HP 19/26 CMD +18, Fort +2 (+2 poison), Ref +6, Will +5, AC: 16(18)/12(-)/14(16); Inspiration 0/5

Rameth moves off to guard the man against anything around him.

Perception 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Shine struggles to keep up with her group, moving faster than normal in her unencumbering armor but still slow due to her size. As she fights the shifting sands for traction she arrives at the wounded man. Assuming he is at least stable from the cure spell she will spend a few rounds to check the man over with the aid of a healer's kit.

Heal Check: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 2 = 25

She also creates water to wash his wounds and quench his thrust if he can drink.

I need some time to prepare spells before I can more fully help this man.


Nothing leaps out to attack the man or the party as they approach. Halistar administers healing, and it is only as Shine is starting to bathe his wounds, washing off the layer of bloody sand that clings to him, that you are able to recognize the regalia of the Chellish Legionnaires you have encountered previously. He sips weakly when water is provided, rousing after Halistar's spell.

Shine:
You can tell that he has been badly injured and lost a dangerous amount of blood, he is also badly dehydrated. The wounds seem to have been caused by claws and beak, and are less than a day old, closer to 12 hours.


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Its possible that the same creature that attacked us got to this man. He is dehydrated and has lost a lot of blood. Lets revived him enough to hear his story and get him back to our camp.

Shine casts a Cure Serious Wounds spell on the man after letting him drink his fill. Cure Serious: 3d8 + 6 ⇒ (3, 5, 7) + 6 = 21

Can you walk now? We can help you further and more safely if we can get you back to our camp.


Male Aasimar (Musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 6 AC:18, Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +6 . . . Perception+9

Halistar frowns, but does not say anything.


Male Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 6; AC 13, flat-footed 11, touch 13; HP 38/38; Init +2; Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +9; Perception +12

"Well, today is turning out to be interesting already," Zanos said cheerfully.


Male
Skills:
Acrobatics +6 Appraise +10 Alchemy +12 Disable Device +10 Stealth +7 Perception +9 (10 Traps) UMD+9 Linguistics +8 SoH +7 Spellcraft +9 Sense Motive +9 Local +8 Religion+8, Dungeoneering +7
HP 19/26 CMD +18, Fort +2 (+2 poison), Ref +6, Will +5, AC: 16(18)/12(-)/14(16); Inspiration 0/5

Can you walk? Let's get you back to our camp.


After Shine's tender care and powerful healing magic the legionnaire looks back to almost full health, though still badly dehydrated. He is still disheveled and weaponless, but as Zanos witnessed previously weapons are not really needed for these men, assuming he has had the same training as he fellows...

"Thank you... yes." he answers, climbing to his feet a little unsteadily, accompanying you back to camp. The other guards appear tense when you return, and that does not fade when they recognize the person accompanying you. Illec's hand remains on his sword as he escorts the 'prisoner' back.

DC 15 Sense Motive:
He clearly recognizes you now that his wounds are healed, and he appears somewhat conflicted; his stance is tense but he does not appear aggressive.


Male Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 6; AC 13, flat-footed 11, touch 13; HP 38/38; Init +2; Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +9; Perception +12

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

EDIT: It's better to be lucky than good! :)

Zanos whispered to Halistar, "Isn't this one of the attackers from the other day?"


Male
Skills:
Acrobatics +6 Appraise +10 Alchemy +12 Disable Device +10 Stealth +7 Perception +9 (10 Traps) UMD+9 Linguistics +8 SoH +7 Spellcraft +9 Sense Motive +9 Local +8 Religion+8, Dungeoneering +7
HP 19/26 CMD +18, Fort +2 (+2 poison), Ref +6, Will +5, AC: 16(18)/12(-)/14(16); Inspiration 0/5

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Rameth stands guard prepared for anything.

What happened to you?


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Shine takes her leave of group to go and pray, trusting that her deity will be understanding of the slight delay to help a fellow creature.


The rescued legionnaire remains silent for several moments at Rameth's question, before his gratitude wins out at least for now. "The Paracount had sent us out to find you and... delay your progress. We were waiting, scouting around for your group when we were set upon by an enormous creature, part bird, part cat. It took us by surprise, scattered us... I barely got away..." he hangs his head.


Male Aasimar (Musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 6 AC:18, Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +6 . . . Perception+9

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

"Did you see how many others of your group got away?" Halistars tone is brusque, and slightly unfriendly.


"No, I only looked back once; one of the others was down, and the creature was savaging another, the other three might have gotten away." he says, clearing his throat, and sipping some more water. "I ran as far from it as I could before passing out... when I woke it was night, I saw the light from your fire but I could only crawl, and then not even that. The dunes are so tall..."


Male
Skills:
Acrobatics +6 Appraise +10 Alchemy +12 Disable Device +10 Stealth +7 Perception +9 (10 Traps) UMD+9 Linguistics +8 SoH +7 Spellcraft +9 Sense Motive +9 Local +8 Religion+8, Dungeoneering +7
HP 19/26 CMD +18, Fort +2 (+2 poison), Ref +6, Will +5, AC: 16(18)/12(-)/14(16); Inspiration 0/5

Rameth puts away his sword and squats down next to the man.

Where is your camp?


He looks at Rameth without comprehension for a few moments. "Our Masters have undoubtedly moved on, and we were still looking for you when we were attacked. You may be able to find the site of the ambush if you follow my trail, but I'm not sure what you'd hope to gain from it."


Male Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 6; AC 13, flat-footed 11, touch 13; HP 38/38; Init +2; Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +9; Perception +12

"This is all very interesting," interjected Zanos. "However, it's not getting us any closer to our goal."


Male Aasimar (Musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 6 AC:18, Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +6 . . . Perception+9

"Yes, we should get going." Halistar turns to Illec, "can we spare a couple of days worth of rations for this man? We are in a hurry, and should get going."


Male
Skills:
Acrobatics +6 Appraise +10 Alchemy +12 Disable Device +10 Stealth +7 Perception +9 (10 Traps) UMD+9 Linguistics +8 SoH +7 Spellcraft +9 Sense Motive +9 Local +8 Religion+8, Dungeoneering +7
HP 19/26 CMD +18, Fort +2 (+2 poison), Ref +6, Will +5, AC: 16(18)/12(-)/14(16); Inspiration 0/5

Rameth pulls out 2 days rations and tosses them to the man.


The legionairre looks startled as the wrapped ration packs hit him. He seems about to say something before changing his mind, picking the packs up and then straightening up, a little stiffly. "A waterskin?" he asks, his expression wooden.

Illec gestures to one of the bearers who bring one of the empty waterskins to Shine, before passing it on to the legionairre. Then he turns and barks orders at the rest, the bearers and soldiers quickly packing the camp.

"Thank you for your kindness..." the legionairre says softly, before turning and starting to march north without a backwards glance.


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Shine is busy preying for spells. Once she is done she will fill the water skins for the legionairre.

Remember, we are not your enemy. You can still choose another path in this life. [b] She says as she passes the skins to the man. [b]Go in Peace and may the Lady guide you.


Male Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 6; AC 13, flat-footed 11, touch 13; HP 38/38; Init +2; Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +9; Perception +12

After the man left to head back to the city, Zanos looked at the gnome cleric with a sheepish grin.

"I hate to impose upon you Shine, but I'm still feeling a little weak from that poison."


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

And Sarenrae had provided for you Zanos. Lucky for you that I follow such a powerful and benevolent goddess. [b] she says with a quick smile. [b]Where would you be without me. she teases a little as she casts her spell.

Lesser Restoration: 1d4 ⇒ 1

How much are you down, and are you healing a point with every night's rest?


Male Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 6; AC 13, flat-footed 11, touch 13; HP 38/38; Init +2; Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +9; Perception +12

Was down 3, now 2, and yes, I've been healing overnight. :)

"Thanks, Shine, I feel a little stronger. And I'd still be in town, instead of being able to join the expedition."

"Hopefully I'll be up to snuff tomorrow."


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

I have prepared more healing for both you and Rameth. she says as she casts again.

Lesser Restoration: 1d4 ⇒ 4 Now that you are stronger, maybe you can help me into my armor. She begins to assemble and dress into here plate mail.


Male Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 6; AC 13, flat-footed 11, touch 13; HP 38/38; Init +2; Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +9; Perception +12

"Thanks, Shine!" Zanos replied. "Of course I'll help you!"

The sage then helped the diminutive gnome into her armor.


Male
Skills:
Acrobatics +6 Appraise +10 Alchemy +12 Disable Device +10 Stealth +7 Perception +9 (10 Traps) UMD+9 Linguistics +8 SoH +7 Spellcraft +9 Sense Motive +9 Local +8 Religion+8, Dungeoneering +7
HP 19/26 CMD +18, Fort +2 (+2 poison), Ref +6, Will +5, AC: 16(18)/12(-)/14(16); Inspiration 0/5

Thanks Shine. I actually feel better after a night of rest.


Not sure when I'll get next post up, may not be until monday, so feel free to RP or let me know any other preparations you'd like to make before breaking camp or along the way.


Male Aasimar (Musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 6 AC:18, Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +6 . . . Perception+9

"Are we ready to go then? Halistar sighs softly. "Maybe I could have handled that better.


Male
Skills:
Acrobatics +6 Appraise +10 Alchemy +12 Disable Device +10 Stealth +7 Perception +9 (10 Traps) UMD+9 Linguistics +8 SoH +7 Spellcraft +9 Sense Motive +9 Local +8 Religion+8, Dungeoneering +7
HP 19/26 CMD +18, Fort +2 (+2 poison), Ref +6, Will +5, AC: 16(18)/12(-)/14(16); Inspiration 0/5

Let's

Rameth sheathes his sword and readies his sling.


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Buckling on her last piece of plate Shine nods her readiness.

751 to 781 of 781 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Four Pharaohs of Ascension - Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.