Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

The Four Pharaohs of Ascension (Inactive)

Game Master Peanuts


351 to 400 of 781 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

That would have put you ahead of him, which would be good assuming he passes this drunk hobo.

The Rusty Drainpipe:
(Acrobatics DC 15 OR Climb DC 20)
Halistar, Zanos

Agitated Drunkard:
Intimidate DC 20 OR Sleight of Hand DC 15)
Algharud, Halfling, Lanialiar

Round 1, Turn Order: Lanlialiar, Algharud, Halistar, Halfling, Zanos

Bold means the person has yet to take their turn in the current round.


Male Aasimar (Musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 6 AC:18, Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +6 . . . Perception+9

Halistar cast Heroism on himself.

and then Acrobatics his way up

Acrobatics : 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22


Casting heroism would be his standard action, so he can start bouncing his way up, but won't get over until next turn. If you want you can take back the heroism and make it over this turn.

With only a brief glance behind him as first Lanliarliar and then--more worryingly--Algharud successfully vaults over the fence, the halfling stoops, and with an easy gesture flings a handful of sand into the face of the drunkard he disturbed, taking off running as the hobo staggers back in surprise with an inarticulate cry of rage.

Sleight of Hand: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

He darts off down the street, before ducking into another alleyway.

The Rusty Drainpipe:
(Acrobatics DC 15 OR Climb DC 20)
Halistar, Zanos

Agitated Drunkard:
Intimidate DC 20 OR Sleight of Hand DC 15)
Algharud, Lanialiar

Brick Wall:
Climb DC 15 OR Perception DC 25
Halfling

Round 1, Turn Order: Lanlialiar, Algharud, Halistar, Halfling, Zanos

Zanos only:
So you could haste yourself and Halistar, the others are on the other side of the wall and out of line of sight.

The rest of you can feel free to post your actions, you don't need to go in turn order, unless like Zanos you want to do something based on people's positioning.


Male Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 6; AC 13, flat-footed 11, touch 13; HP 38/38; Init +2; Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +9; Perception +12

"Well, this is exciting!" Zanos said, somewhat sarcastically.

He quickly wove his hands through an intricate pattern whilst muttering an incantation.

Suddenly, it was as if the world around Halister and Zanos slowed down when the spell took effect.

Zanos cast haste on Halistar and himself. Speed now = 60 ft./round.

With that, he moved to the rusty drain pipe near the fence.

@ Peanuts - I'm operating on the assumption that he's not going to be able to attempt the drain pipe this round, even with the haste. If he can attempt it, he'd use Acrobatics (he has a +2 bonus if you want to roll it).


Correct, it takes a standard action to make whatever type of check it is. With Haste up Zanos and Halistar now get +6 to all checks too :)


Male Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 6; AC 13, flat-footed 11, touch 13; HP 38/38; Init +2; Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +9; Perception +12

Sounds good! I guess it's time for Round 2! :)

Note: Haste will last 6 rounds.


Male Aasimar (Musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 6 AC:18, Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +6 . . . Perception+9

Round 2

Haste currently 1/6
Halistar will attempt the full round action to advance 2 cards

Halistar will now leap up the pipe. using last last turns roll if that is ok. If not,

Spoiler:
Acrobatics : 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (14) + 18 = 32

He then moves his hands in a confusing manner, before throwing some perfume on the hobo to get passed him.

Sleight of Hand : 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29 <-using Jack of All Trades


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6

Round 2

Algharud tries to slip a coin out of the pocket of the drunkard and then "invites" him on a beer with his own coin. (just because beating up takes too long.)

Sleight of Hand: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Yessss!


Male Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 6; AC 13, flat-footed 11, touch 13; HP 38/38; Init +2; Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +9; Perception +12

Round 2

Haste currently 1/6
Zanos will aim for the full round action to advance 2 cards as well!

The Rusty Drainpipe. Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Zanos, who had never been the most athletic, unsuccessfully attempted to climb the drain pipe.

"Stars and stones! That's trickier than it looks!" exclaimed Zanos, his face turning red as he realized that the Crook Bearer's guards were watching.

Scarab Sages

Female Ifrit Druid 6: AC 20, FF 14, touch 16; HP 42/42; Init +8(+11Desert); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +9; Perception +11(+14 Desert);SM+3

Sleight of Hand: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Here now you see it and now you don't!!!

Laniliar fumbles as the coin drops on the ground.


While the drunkard is still clawing the sand out of his eyes from the halfling's assault Algharud dips his hand into the meager coins of the homeless man's pouch, passing it discretely to Lanlialiar who makes a show of spilling the items over the ground.

Before he has a chance to even look at the coins however, a blur that the pair vaguely recognize as Halistar bounds over the fence and pegs him in the face again with a vial of perfume. The homeless man falls to the ground with a cry, covering his face. "What ish wrong with you people!"

Full round action from the halfling to attempt the next two obstacles. I did notice today as well, that if you fail BOTH the checks on a full round attempt, you not only don't move, but you lose your next turn as well.

Climb check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Climb check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

The group--sans Zanos who is still struggling to breach the first wall--hurries after the halfling, closing the distance, some faster than others. Despite his stubby legs and slower speed the Halfling still seems to be keeping himself ahead... right up until his fingers slip from the brick wall as he nears the sharply slanted roof above, sending him tumbling back to the cobbles below. He manages to land on his feet, but ends with his back, literally to the wall as Algharud, Halistar, and Lanialiar close in.

Round 3: Lanlialiar, Algharud, Halistar, Halfling, Zanos

Locations:
The Rusty Drainpipe:
(Acrobatics DC 15 OR Climb DC 20)
Zanos

Agitated Drunkard (Incapacitated):

Brick Wall:
Climb DC 15 OR Perception DC 25
Algharud, Halfling, Halistar, Lanialiar

Steep Rooftop:
Climb DC 10 OR Reflex DC 20

Well, this could be the end of the chase :)


Male Aasimar (Musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 6 AC:18, Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +6 . . . Perception+9

Halistar opens his mouth, but no sound comes out. At least, not that the PCs can hear.

Casts Ear Piercing Scream

DC 16 Fortitude save or take 3d6 (3d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 6) = 14) and be dazed for 1 round. Sucessful Save haves the damage, and negates the Daze effect.


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6

GOT YOU!

Rage on!

Algharud grabs the halfling in case he is unarmed. If not, he pommels him with the blunt end of his weapon.

CM-Check to grab:1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31
Atk-roll for nonlethal damage in case the halfling has a weapon drawn:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20 damage: 2d4 + 13 ⇒ (3, 2) + 13 = 18

HULK CRUSHES PUNY HALFLING LIKE GRAPES! HOHOHO!


Male Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 6; AC 13, flat-footed 11, touch 13; HP 38/38; Init +2; Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +9; Perception +12

Zanos sighed. Oh well, I hope they catch the little bugger, he thought.

The sage moved back over to the camels to wait for the others.


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6

Rage off as soon as the others are nearby so the halfling will be disencouraged to try to escape.


Taking Lanialiar's turn for her...

As she rushes forward Lanialiar calls upon the heat of the desert, chanelling it into her fingertips to release it in a blast of fire as she reaches the halfling, charring the brick wall behind him...

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

...and yet not touching the eavesdropper at all.

Algharud's direct approach is significantly more successful, spying the Halfling's dagger he draws his own weapon and swings at the midget, dealing a sharp blow to the back of his neck.

Fort Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Lanialiar and Algharud are mildly confused when the halfling then clutches at his ears, writhing in agony, letting out a pained cry as blood drips forth from them, leaving him reeling. It is only as they glance back at the silently screaming Halistar that a possible explanation is offered.

We'll run this one more round, just in case.
Round 3: Lanlialiar, Algharud, Halistar, Halfling

Brick Wall:
Climb DC 15 OR Perception DC 25
Algharud, Halfling, Halistar, Lanialiar

Steep Rooftop:
Climb DC 10 OR Reflex DC 20


Male Aasimar (Musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 6 AC:18, Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +6 . . . Perception+9

Well, lets do it again.

Halistar grins at Algharud, and opens his mouth once more because in space, no one can hear you Scream.

Casts Ear Piercing Scream

DC 16 Fortitude save or take 3d6 3d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 6) = 13and be dazed for 1 round. Sucessful Save haves the damage, and negates the Daze effect.


Let's see how he does... 50/50 chance

Fort save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Well, not dazed again. I'll do a full post tomorrow after my final nightshift. Lanialiar, if you can then it's your turn again, otherwise I'll step in for you again (and Algharud too :p)


Alright, sorry for the delay guys, I believe Lanialiar should be back by now, and Algharud will be back this weekend, so let’s move things along.

Algharud takes advantage of the halfling’s dazed state to wrap his arms around him and lift him off of his feet, while Lanialiar draws her scimitar--which crackles to flaming life—and presses it to his throat.

As his senses return the Halfling begins to struggle for a moment, before allowing himself to relax and smiling up at Algharud “Well, looks like ya got me. Watcha gunna do now?” he asks with a smirk.


Male Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 6; AC 13, flat-footed 11, touch 13; HP 38/38; Init +2; Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +9; Perception +12

Zanos, unaware as to the rest of the party's disposition, waited impatiently for them to return.

Scarab Sages

Female Ifrit Druid 6: AC 20, FF 14, touch 16; HP 42/42; Init +8(+11Desert); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +9; Perception +11(+14 Desert);SM+3

Lets soak him in honey while i summon the desert's fire ants and bites him to death.

Lanialir fumes as she looked angrily at the halfling.


The halfling just chuckles in dark amusement at Lanialiar's suggestion.


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6

I won't ask you anything twice. If you try to fool us or don't answer, I will hurt you badly each time. So here is the first question: Why did you spy at us?

Rage off, so that makes me fatigued one round.


"So in addition to attacking me without provocation with weapons and magic, you're now threatening me with further violence in an alleyway of one of the largest cities in the world, in broad daylight." he observes happily in answer to Algharud's questions and threats.

Indeed as the halfling makes you aware of the situation you notice the suspicious looks being cast down the alleyway in your direction, a few people who had paused to watch quickly making themselves busy as you look back that way.

DC 25 Perception:
You spot some abnormalities in the nearby brickwork of the wall against which you had trapped the halfling. It seems that there could be a secret entrance there.


Male Aasimar (Musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 6 AC:18, Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +6 . . . Perception+9

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Algharud looks around, trying to find a place to interrogate the halfling properly.

Realizing his mistake, he whispers impatiently to Halistar, Zanos and the others Distraction-maneuver, now!


Male Aasimar (Musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 6 AC:18, Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +6 . . . Perception+9

Halistar starts telling the tale of Al-Hazred el Casemi, the Taldan explorer who could never find home.

Perform: Oratory : 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 26

Halistar will attempt to Facinate some of the crowd, and dsitract others with his masterful performance.


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6

Algharud tries to get the halfling into a quiet place. Can I see an abandoned building or something?


Hmmm, Lanialiar should be back by now... been waiting for her to post again. *sigh*

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

Whether because of her outsider perspective, or despite it, Lanialiar spots something unusual about the brick wall that the others missed, distracted as they are with the halfling.

Crowd's will save vs. DC 18: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

While Halistar bores the crowd into a stupor by reciting the ancestry of some of the ancient pharaohs, Lanialiar runs her hand over the wall, and after a moment digs her fingers into a crevice. With a click a latch releases and a section of the wall swings slowly open to reveal a thin facade of bricks over a wooden frame, and a steep stairway choked with dust leading upwards into gloom.


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6

Algharud drags the halfling into the newfound hiding-place.

Come on, midget, we will have some nice talk, yes?


Algharud struggles up the steep stairs with one arm wrapped around the halfling. Ase he reaches the top the halfling suddenly gives up his impassivity and starts to struggle, taking advantage of Algharud's distraction to try and slip free.

Escape Artist: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 13 + 2 = 20

The barbarian simply tightens his grip however, keeping him held tight, stopping his attempt, leaving the halfling red-faced.

Zanos:
This should be interesting :)

Initiative:
Half-Orc: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Zanos: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Guardsmen: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Legionnaires: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Zanos' boredom is soon to be alleviated it seems, as a familiar looking Half-Orc suddenly round the corner, hunkers down behind his 'shield', followed by the unmistakeable twang of a bowstring.

Crossbow attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Confirmation: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Wut. Well thankfully this is his crossbow, not his scimitar :p
Damage: 2d4 + 3d6 ⇒ (4, 3) + (5, 2, 2) = 16
and a Fort save please :)

The shaft easily flits through the air, and buries itself deep in Zanos's side. From the stinging sensation however, it seems the bolt is but the least of his worries...

Your turn.


Male Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 6; AC 13, flat-footed 11, touch 13; HP 38/38; Init +2; Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +9; Perception +12

GM:

Dang it! I don't remember the half-orc... :(

Fort save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

"Argh! That hurt!" exclaimed Zanos as he quickly incanted a spell that caused him to turn invisible. He felt the poison working it's way into his system.

Uh oh, I'm in trouble! he thought.

Zanos casts invisibility and then moves 30 feet toward the wall everyone climbed over to get a better angle on the miscreant attacking him.


Zanos:
Success! It was only a passing mention :p
Strength Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3

As Zanos disappears from view, four similarly familiar guards round the corner a few steps behind the half-orc. These look like the men previously seen with the Paracount and his servant at the auction, Chellish Legionnaires . They move in front of the Half-Orc, drawing daggers from their belt as they do so, and letting fly at your own surprised guardsmen.

Thrown Dagger: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Thrown Dagger: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Confirmation: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Thrown Dagger: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Thrown Dagger: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Hmm, all four hit *grin* Uhhh, crap. I'll have to finish the rest of this post after work.


Zanos, Part II:
Illec finally shakes off his surprise, stepping forward and drawing his falchion. The other guards start to do the same before their Captain interrupts. "Willem, signal the watch. We must protect the camels." he barks the orders as he steps forward again.

Perform (wind instruments): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Intimidate: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 "Call off your men, and leave at once, before the guard show up and arrest you all."
Oh dear...

The youngest of the guards, Willem draws a signal horn from his belt and with a deep breath sounds three short notes in a distinctive pattern. After a moment he repeats the signal as the other soldiers finish drawing their falchions and place themselves around the camels which seem unperturbed by the noise and commotion. The others on the street are not so calm however, bystanders scattering in all directions.

Your turn Zanos, the half-orc seems to be hesitating momentarily, or perhaps he's waiting...

Oh, and another Fort save :D

Just as the three and their unwilling guest reach the attic, they hear the clear sounding of a signal horn from somewhere nearby.

DC 15 Perception:
The horn is being sounded from the direction you left your allies.

DC 15 Kn: Local or DC 10 Perform (wind instruments):
You recognize this signal, three short notes in a distinctive pattern. It is used by the guardsmen of the city to sound a retreat.


Male Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 6; AC 13, flat-footed 11, touch 13; HP 38/38; Init +2; Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +9; Perception +12

GM:

Feeling weak, Zanos almost stumbled, but caught himself.

Fort save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

I don't remember how many guards there are...

Quietly, Zanos cast a spell on Illec and five of the guards to help them.

Zanos casts haste on the guards. It will last 6 rounds. As it isn't a hostile spell, it won't break his invisibility.

He then moved a little closer and off to the side, trying to keep the half-orc in sight.


Male Aasimar (Musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 6 AC:18, Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +6 . . . Perception+9

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

Knowledge:Local: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

Perform: Wind Instruments : 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

"It seems like the guards are having a bit of difficulty. Algharud, subdue the halfling with extreme prejudice, then strip him before following. Lanialiar, with me."

Halistar takes off running toward the sound of the horn.


Initiative:
Algharud: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Halistar: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Lanialiar: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Halfling: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
???: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Initiative, Round 3: Lanialiar, Halistar, Halfling, ???, Zanos, Half-Orc, Legionnaires, Algharud, Guardsmen

Zanos:
There are Illec, 4 guards, and three hired servants (2 of your own, one of the guard's), the servants are currently taking shelter nearby.

Strength Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3
The poison is proving to be particularly virulent, quickly sapping the strength from Zanos' limbs, making him feel lethargic. Nevertheless his spell goes off and the 5 guardsmen find themselves enervated.

Meanwhile from behind the Half-Orc's enormous shield comes the sound of a crossbow being draw and loaded, before the taught string twangs once more, but at Illec this time.

Crossbow attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Fort Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
The bolt once again finds it's target, but Illec remains resolute. Even as the four apparently unarmed Legionnaires charge forward he simply slashes at one of them as they stream past him, and are in turn met by the weapons of his men.

Arrrgh! Why did I do this to myself! :p
3 readied attacks:
Illec's Attack of Op: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 1 = 26
Confirmation: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 1 = 18
Damage: 4d4 + 6 ⇒ (2, 4, 3, 4) + 6 = 19
Guardsmen 1's Falchion: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 1 = 22
Damage: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 3) + 3 = 10
Guardsmen 2's Falchion: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 1 = 12
Damage: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 1) + 3 = 8
Guardsmen 3's Falchion: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 1 = 16
Damage: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 4) + 3 = 8

Legionnaire's Charge 1: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 2 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Legionnaire's Charge 2: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 2 = 25
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Legionnaire's Charge 3: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 2 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Legionnaire's Charge 4: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 2 = 25
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Guardsmen 1's Falchion 1: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 1 = 22
Damage: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 1) + 3 = 7
Guardsmen 1's Falchion 2: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 1 = 17
Damage: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 2) + 3 = 6
Guardsmen 2's Falchion 1: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 1 = 9
Damage: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 1) + 3 = 6
Guardsmen 2's Falchion 2: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 1 = 13
Damage: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 1) + 3 = 5
Guardsmen 3's Falchion 1: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 1 = 16
Damage: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 2) + 3 = 8
Guardsmen 3's Falchion 2: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 1 = 24
Damage: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 2) + 3 = 6
Guardsmen 4's Falchion: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 1 = 15
Damage: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 1) + 3 = 8

Blades and fists fly as the two sides meet, but it seems significantly more blades than fists as the Guardsmen--bolstered by Zanos' spell--lay into the Legionnaires. Only Willem, the signaller has to drop his horn and draw his falchion, lagging behind the others. Even so, with the nasty gash dealt to his opponent by Illec, Willem's man goes down, while the second guardsmen completely fails to land a blow, his opponent ducking and dodging his clumsy swings. The other two Legionnaires, though still standing suffer several nasty cuts, and look to be on their last legs, while the Guardsmen seem only lightly bloodied.

Halistar and Lanialiar take off down the stairs, reaching the end of the alley.

It's going to take you a few rounds to get back to Zanos and co.

Algharud:
Lanialiar and Halistar take off back down the stairs, leaving you alone with the halfling still in your grip. As soon as those two have reached the street however he attempts to struggle out of your arms again.

Escape Artist: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33

Showing far more nimbleness than his previous attempts, the Halfling just manages to slip out of the Barbarian's grip, tumbling ten feet away, out of his reach, before popping back to his feet. "That'll be my signal to leave then." he observes with a smile.

NPC's Damage Taken (GM):
Illec: 2
Guardsman 1: 11
Guardsman 2: 10
Guardsman 3: 13
Guardsman 4: 11

Legionnaire 1: 23
Legionnaire 2: 0
Legionnaire 3: 22
Legionnaire 4: 27(Unconcious)


Male Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 6; AC 13, flat-footed 11, touch 13; HP 38/38; Init +2; Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +9; Perception +12

GM:

New Fort Save vs. Poison: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Uh oh, Zanos isn't doing so well...

Zanos felt weak in the knees, but managed to cast mage armor on himself and to edge a little further around to get a good line of effect to the half-orc.


Initiative, Round 3: Lanialiar, Halistar, Halfling, ???, Zanos, Half-Orc, Legionnaires, Algharud, Guardsmen

Zanos:
Whoops. Just realized I forgot Illec's action.

Illec glances backwards to ensure his men are handling the Legionnaires, before turning his attention to the Half-Orc, still standing behind his enormous shield. He advances cautiously, ignoring the slice along his side from the bolt, and waits for an opening to get past the Half-Orc's shield...

Falchion Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 1 = 11
Damage: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 3) + 3 = 8

...but one does not appear, the man keeping the Sarcophagus lid between Illec's blade and his flesh.

-=-=-=-=-=-

Zanos' clothes are starting to feel like they're made of lead, weighing him down as he stoops beneath the effects of the poison.
Strength Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2
Well hey, it wasn't another 3 this time :p

-=-=-=-=-=-

With a grin the Half-Orc finally straightens, dropping a small crossbow to draw his own weapon, a scimitar. After a moment of comparison the grin fades and he scowls at Illec's superior weapon, before lashing out savagely.

Half-Orc's Scimitar: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

His blade barely nipping Illec's side, deflected by his armor.

-=-=-=-=-=-

The Legionnaires, now lay into the Guards with both fists, matching their speed now they have closed with the guards.
Legionnaire 1 Unarmed Strike 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Legionnaire 1 Unarmed Strike 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Legionnaire 2 Unarmed Strike 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Legionnaire 2 Unarmed Strike 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Legionnaire 3 Unarmed Strike 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Legionnaire 3 Unarmed Strike 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Legionnaire 4 Stabilization: 1d20 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (2) + 1 - 3 = 0

Despite his wounds the third legionnaire lays into his target, pummeling him with fists and elbows, leaving him looking woozy and bruised, while the uninjured second Legionnaire also lands a solid blow. Meanwhile the fourth continues to bleed out at Willem's feet.

NPC's Damage Taken (GM):
Illec: 2
Guardsman 1: 11
Guardsman 2: 17
Guardsman 3: 22
Guardsman 4: 11

Legionnaire 1: 23
Legionnaire 2: 0
Legionnaire 3: 22
Legionnaire 4: 28(Unconcious)


Male Aasimar (Musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 6 AC:18, Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +6 . . . Perception+9

GM, how far away are the Legionnaires at the moment?

Halistar races back towards the caravan at top speed.

Halistar is taking the run action.


Well they're in the next street over for one thing, so you're not really going to have line of sight. Other than that, uh... after a run they're about... 50 or 60 feet away over the fence. The hobo that was there previously seems to have slunk off to find somewhere else where he's not going to be blinded and abused.


Male Aasimar (Musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 6 AC:18, Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +6 . . . Perception+9

Round 4(?)

Halistar leaps the fence and continues on.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22

Activate Bralani's Step trait to gain 5 extra foot of movement.


Male Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 6; AC 13, flat-footed 11, touch 13; HP 38/38; Init +2; Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +9; Perception +12

GM:

I took my Str Damage. Ack!


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Algharud draws his falchion, moves up to the halfling, rages and tries to beat the halfling into unconsciousness.

Attack (-4 to attack for nonlethal damage): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
Damage: 2d4 + 13 ⇒ (4, 1) + 13 = 18 nonlethal

Rage left: 17 rounds


Initiative, Round 4: Halistar, Halfling, ???, Zanos, Half-Orc, Legionnaires, Algharud, Guardsmen

Algharud:
Algharud charges up and delivers another solid blow to the Halfling's skull with the flat of his mighty blade. The halfling staggers from the blow, and collapses, unconscious.

Guardsmen 1's Falchion 1: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 1 = 21
Damage: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 4) + 3 = 10
Guardsmen 1's Falchion 2: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 1 = 17
Damage: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 3) + 3 = 9

Guardsmen 2's Falchion 1: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 1 = 9
Damage: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 2) + 3 = 8
Guardsmen 2's Falchion 2: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 1 = 16
Damage: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 1) + 3 = 5

Guardsmen 3's Falchion 1: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 1 = 12
Damage: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 3) + 3 = 8
Guardsmen 3's Falchion 2: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 1 = 10
Damage: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 2) + 3 = 9

Willem's Falchion 1: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 1 = 14
Damage: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 4) + 3 = 9
Willem's Falchion 2: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 1 = 15
Damage: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 2) + 3 = 8

NPC's Damage Taken:
Illec: 2
Guardsman 1: 11
Guardsman 2: 17
Guardsman 3: 22
Guardsman 4: 11

Legionnaire 1: 33 (Dying)
Legionnaire 2: 22
Legionnaire 3: 31 (Dying)
Legionnaire 4: 28 (Dying)

Halistar meanwhile, pounds down the alleyway and nimbly kicks off the wall of the alleyway to leap up onto the top of the fences. He pulls himself up, balances for a moment, and leaps off, landing about 10 feet past the gate.

The vision that greets him is of Illec and his four men, 4 legionnaires--some of them recognizable as men from the Auction of the previous morning--and a half-orc likewise memorable from lurking on the outskirts of the auction the previous day. Illec is engaged with the half orc a short distance from the caravan, while the legionnaires and guardsmen are engaged in a clump by the camels. One of the legionnaires is down, and two more look badly hurt. The guardsmen look similarly disheveled though they have fared marginally better, moving with inhuman speed as they lay into the Legionnaires, taking down the two injured ones and leaving the last swaying on his feet.

DC 49 Perception:
1d20 + 11 + 20 ⇒ (18) + 11 + 20 = 49

Okay, so nevermind, pretty sure noone's perception is that good. YOU SHOULDN'T BE LOOKING HERE! *angrily shakes his fist*


Male Aasimar (Musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 6 AC:18, Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +6 . . . Perception+9

I think that I will wait to see what happens before I post my next action. Although he might pull out his drum.


Male Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 6; AC 13, flat-footed 11, touch 13; HP 38/38; Init +2; Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +9; Perception +12

Yet another Fort save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Zanos snarled the words to a spell and shattered his invisibility as three silver arrows of force launched from his fingertips to slam into the half-orc.

No longer invisible. Cast magic missile: damage = 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 1, 3) + 3 = 9


Awww, boo. That would have been funny :p

DC 29 Stealth:
Stealth: 1d20 + 11 + 20 - 10 ⇒ (8) + 11 + 20 - 10 = 29
You spot a small blast of fire impact into the lock of the chest that the guardsmen are defending.

4d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 3, 2) = 13

Suddenly Zanos appears in front of and to Halistar's right past the end of the small alley he has landed in. The sorcerer launches a barrage of missiles at the half-orc, the silvery arrows dodging straight past his enormous shield, causing a roar of pain.

The Half-Orc glares at Zanos, but attempts to take out his displeasure on Illec instead. Somehow the wily guard manages to dodge the blows enough that they deflect off his chainmail, only further enraging the Half-Orc. "Stand still and die!" he bellows at Illec, the half-orc focusing his attention there now.

Half-Orc Scimitar 1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Half-Orc Scimitar 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

The remaining legionnaire wavers slightly but remains steadfast, relentlessly attacking his foes. It seems his wounds are affecting him more severely than he had thought however, his fists missing wildly.

Legionnaire 2's Unarmed Strike 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Legionnaire 2's Unarmed Strike 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Legionnaire 1's Stabilization: 1d20 + 1 - 9 ⇒ (13) + 1 - 9 = 5
Legionnaire 3's Stabilization: 1d20 + 1 - 7 ⇒ (11) + 1 - 7 = 5
Legionnaire 4's Stabilization: 1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 1 - 4 = 15

Just posting the Guardsmen's actions now to speed things along. Algharud you can go ahead and post both round 4 and 5 actions

Two of the guardsmen now focus their attention on the last legionnaire, while Willem and the Guardsmen 1 start to circle around to flank the half-orc.

Guardsmen 2's Falchion 1: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 1 + 2 = 18
damage: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 3) + 3 = 10
Guardsmen 3's Falchion 1: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 1 + 2 = 20
damage: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 4) + 3 = 8

The two guardsmen step to flanking positions and lay into the legionnaire. Both of them landing solid blows which cleave into his chest. The legionnaire crumbles to the ground, dead.

Initiative, Round 4: Halistar, ???, Zanos, Half-Orc, Legionnaires, Algharud, Guardsmen

Initiative, Round 5: Halistar, ???, Zanos, Half-Orc, Legionnaires, Algharud, Guardsmen

NPC's Damage Taken:

Illec: 2
Guardsman 1: 11
Guardsman 2: 17
Guardsman 3: 22
Guardsman 4: 11

Legionnaire 1: 34 (Dying)
Legionnaire 2: 40 (Dead)
Legionnaire 3: 32 (Dying)
Legionnaire 4: 28 (Stable)


Male Aasimar (Musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 6 AC:18, Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +6 . . . Perception+9

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

Halistar pulls out a small drum from his bag and does a lively patter.

Halistar casts Sound Burst on the Half Orc, making sure not to hit our NPCs or the camels. 1d8 ⇒ 6 damage and a DC 17 Fort save or be stunned for 1 round.


Well you're pretty much going to have to hit one of the guardsmen, as they are currently arranged like so:

_G_
IH_
_G_

I=Illec, H=Half-Orc, G=Guardsmen.
So please decide which and let me know top or bottom (or if you wish to change your action) before looking at the below. Both guards look in about the same condition.

Fort Saves:
Guard's: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Half-Orc's: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Wow. Just wow...

DC 37 Perception:
Stealth: 1d20 + 11 + 20 - 10 ⇒ (16) + 11 + 20 - 10 = 37
You spot a small blast of fire impact into the lock of the chest that the guardsmen are defending. It's looking rather melted.

4d6 ⇒ (3, 3, 3, 1) = 10

Initiative, Round 4: Halistar, ???, Zanos, Half-Orc, Legionnaires, Algharud, Guardsmen

Initiative, Round 5: Halistar, ???, Zanos, Half-Orc, Legionnaires, Algharud, Guardsmen

351 to 400 of 781 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Four Pharaohs of Ascension - Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.