Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

The Four Pharaohs of Ascension (Inactive)

Game Master Peanuts


301 to 350 of 781 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6

Algharud turns to the others and whsipers He could at least have tried to haggle a bit...


Male Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 6; AC 13, flat-footed 11, touch 13; HP 38/38; Init +2; Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +9; Perception +12

Zanos replied sotto voce, "He probably should've, but he didn't."

Louder, he said cheerfully, "Well, I for one am ready to get to the exploring!"


"I could probably have arrangements made by midday tomorrow." he muses, rubbing his chin thoughtfully. "As to the security, you have already seen a good deal of it. The building where I keep my collection is also trapped to prevent intrusion. I assure you it should be quite safe. I will be sure to post some additional guards however, now that I am aware of it's true value..." he looks over at mask, considering for a few moments before Zanos speaks up.

"Yes, well, I am sure you have your own preparations to make. If you will inform my staff of where you are staying, I will send word there tomorrow once my own preparations are complete."

Scarab Sages

Female Ifrit Druid 6: AC 20, FF 14, touch 16; HP 42/42; Init +8(+11Desert); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +9; Perception +11(+14 Desert);SM+3

Lanialiar speaks impatiently.

Lets seek this taint.


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6

Maybe we better help guard this thing? There are multiple interests in here and not all of them benign. Your guards seem strong to me, but the more the safer. If you have a room available, we might as well sleep here.


The Crook Bearer turns to Algharud at his suggestion that they sleep here, the corners of his lips tugging down slightly. "We have entered into a business deal, that is all. It does not mean that you can invite yourself to my home. I assure you, the mask will be safe." his tone is noticeably cooler.


Male Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 6; AC 13, flat-footed 11, touch 13; HP 38/38; Init +2; Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +9; Perception +12

Zanos looked to Halistar, "Well, I believe that's our cue to depart."


Male Aasimar (Musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 6 AC:18, Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +6 . . . Perception+9

"I thank you for your gracious hospitality Crook Bearer." Halistar tells the Crook Bearer the name of the high class in he has been staying at, then gestures for the group to leave.


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6

Algharud shrugs. Let's hope the best.

He turns to his comrades: Let's rest. I guess, straining times lie before us.


The Crook Bearer writes down the name of your inn and bids you farewell, the four guards escorting you back the way you came. When you emerge into the heat of the afternoon sun two of the guards split off, taking the now cloth-wrapped mask with them towards the far building, while the senior and junior guard remain with you, guiding you back to the gate, the junior stepping forward to raise the bar. The senior meanwhile turns to you.

"Good day Halistar and companions. My name is Illec Carast, I will see you on the morrow." he gives you a short bow, hands clasped in front of him, as the other guard swings the heavy gates open, allowing you to leave.


Male Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 6; AC 13, flat-footed 11, touch 13; HP 38/38; Init +2; Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +9; Perception +12

Once outside, Zanos stretched before smiling at the others.

"I'm glad that part's over."


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6

Somehow I hope that someone steals his mask. Arrogant weakling. I don't need to "invite myself" into anyones home. Luck for him that we depend upon his good will...

Scarab Sages

Female Ifrit Druid 6: AC 20, FF 14, touch 16; HP 42/42; Init +8(+11Desert); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +9; Perception +11(+14 Desert);SM+3

Lanialiar fumes over the missed opportunity to kill the guards.

Algharud, do not worry we will have our chance in the future.


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6

What chance? I don't mean that guy any harm. Except for maybe I'd like to punch his nose in for his arrogance... Otherwise I just don't care about the old man.


Male Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 6; AC 13, flat-footed 11, touch 13; HP 38/38; Init +2; Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +9; Perception +12

Zanos rubbed his hands together and gave them a grin.

"Come on, we've got the rest of the day to finish outfitting for the expedition, and then we leave on the morrow!"


Male Aasimar (Musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 6 AC:18, Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +6 . . . Perception+9

"I have everything that I need right now, but I should probably go back to the lodge to check in."


Halistar, having been on several such expeditions--and having the purchase orders for what they'll need--knows that he'll want a good deal more than what he's carrying on him right now; camels being the mounts of choice, enough water to keep them all hydrated in the desert heat, food, and some bearers are all accounted for in the folder the Venture Captain has provided. They have not however, been collected, as the Venture Captain did not know the details of the expedition Halistar would need to put together.

Zanos proves to be correct as the group of you spend the next few hours traipsing around Sothis making the proper arrangements for the expedition, before finally retiring for the evening to the Crimson Oasis; the Inn Halistar informed the Crook Bearer you were staying at.

If you guys have anything you wish to do during the afternoon, or that evening, then let me know, otherwise feel free to summarize your evening and your preparations the next morning.


Male Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 6; AC 13, flat-footed 11, touch 13; HP 38/38; Init +2; Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +9; Perception +12

Zanos spent the rest of the day helping with the preparations, before retiring for the evening.

Rising early, he readied himself for the expedition with anticipation.

Finally! Time to get out of the city, and to the exploring! he thought excitedly.

Scarab Sages

Female Ifrit Druid 6: AC 20, FF 14, touch 16; HP 42/42; Init +8(+11Desert); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +9; Perception +11(+14 Desert);SM+3

Lanialiar took a stroll along the desert dunes while popping good berries into her mouth.

Tomorrow Mother....I will seek the answers

Lanialiar smiles at the setting sun before heading back into Sothis.


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6

I'm looking really forward to some action! :-)

Algharud checks the expedition-equipment. He also sorts some things out that are in his eyes not strictly necessary. Algharud also checks everybodies weaponry and armor.

Finally he buys some heat-resistant candy, something that won't just meltdown into nothingness.

In the evening, he enjoys a cool bath and drinks a lot of water to be perfectly hydrated the next day.


Male Aasimar (Musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 6 AC:18, Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +6 . . . Perception+9

Halistar will spend the early evening reviewing his editions of the Pathfinder Chronicles, before trying to find the Mithril Scarab to get better details of where the pryramid will appear.

He casts Heroism then,

Knowledge:Local: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32

or

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (9) + 18 = 27

If he fails to find her, he goes back to try to talk to Raegos, recasting his Heroism spell

Perception : 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24


Hey, there we go :p I'll try and wrap this up quickly though since it's just Halistar.

The Scarab is one of the pathfinders more valuable agents, simply because she is so egnimatic, and difficult to track down; you wouldn't be surprised if the face she put forward to you today was not a disguise of some kind... With her having left no contact information in a city the size of Sothis, Halistar has no luck finding the elfish needle in a haystack.

Raegos is of course, where he left him, he appears to have gotten his tent back in order--at the very least it is no longer leaning so haphazardly. When you approach you hear him moving around in the tent, which stops as you call to him from his tent flap. After a prolonged silence he finally answers. "Yes? Who is it?"


Male Aasimar (Musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 6 AC:18, Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +6 . . . Perception+9

"It it I, Halistar Goldentongue. We talked earlier today, but I have left my disruptive companions behind. I have a couple more quick questions, may I come in to talk to you?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (14) + 18 = 32


The silence drags on long enough to make you doubt, before finally you receive a gruff "Enter." The sight that greets you is much as earlier, except the entire knot of string seems to have been replaced with brand new threads of different materials.

"What do you need." he asks


Male Aasimar (Musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 6 AC:18, Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +6 . . . Perception+9

"Well, I was trying to get some better directions to where the pyramid will re-appear. I have a very good memory, so I have no need to write things down."


Raegos nods wearily "50... or 60 miles to the southeast. It only took us two days by camel, but Imivus was pushing us fairly hard. If the pyramid has been uncovered again then you'll have to pass through the Underdunes; I hope you have a good guide, otherwise I suggest you detour around them, but that will add an extra day or two, and the temple itself is just within their southern boundary. At least it was anyway."


Male Aasimar (Musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 6 AC:18, Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +6 . . . Perception+9

"Thank you very much Raegos. We do have quite a decent guide, but unfortunately he has some anger issues. Is there anything else you think that we should know about?"

Halistar makes some expressions that the blindfolded man cannot see.


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6

Who is he talking about? :-)


"I think that you will likely all die, or perhaps worse, there are dark things within that temple to be sure. We had only explored part of the first level before Seraton turned and chased me from that place, if you make it past him..." he raises his hands into the air in a gesture of helplessness.


Male Aasimar (Musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 6 AC:18, Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +6 . . . Perception+9

"You did say that you had defaced or destroyed all of the symbols that you had come accross, correct?"


"Yes... only two or three however. They were on pillars in the first chamber." a look of concentration settles upon his features. "I'm afraid there's little more I can tell you, too many years, and too many painful memories..."


Male Aasimar (Musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 6 AC:18, Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +6 . . . Perception+9

"Well, thank you for your time. Is there anything that I can do for you right now?"


"Just tie the tent flap down when you leave..." he answers gruffly, pushing himself to his feet in the darkened tent.


Male Aasimar (Musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 6 AC:18, Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +6 . . . Perception+9

Halistar does so, then heads back to the inn.

Just in case Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26


I did consider it... :p

Halistar returns safely to the inn and beds down in his room for the night.

The 14th of Erastus dawns brighty and early, a cool winter's morn in the desert city. As the party arranges breakfast and checks their packs one last time, some news reaches those keen enough to pay attention to such things...

DC 15 Knowledge (local):
Rumors are floating about this morning that someone broke into the Sothis Exhibitory during the night, incapacitating the guards and disabling the magic protection.

DC 22 Knowledge (local):
The only item that seems to have been stolen is apparently a valuable golden mask, said to belong to one of the four pharaohs of ascension that has been on display for the last few months.


Male Aasimar (Musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 6 AC:18, Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +6 . . . Perception+9

Knowledge: Local: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20


Male Aasimar (Musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 6 AC:18, Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +6 . . . Perception+9

When everybody is together.

"It seems that the Sothis Exhibitory was broken into last night. It is a good thing that we are to leave today, as the exhibitory was one of the clues that we had, but discarded. If we had gone there it might have looked suspicious'"


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6

Someone who breaks into an Exhibitory might also set ambushes in the desert... We better take care. We guard our camp in shifts of two people at night and we sleep in our armors. Now eat enough, but not too much. Else the heat might let you eat your breakfast backwards again once we're on our way and things get strenous.

After that, Algharud eats a good breakfast and drinks much water. Once the meal is over, he shoulders his backpack.

Let's get moving.


Male Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 6; AC 13, flat-footed 11, touch 13; HP 38/38; Init +2; Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +9; Perception +12

Kn-Local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

"Well met my new friends!" Zanos said to the others as he joined them for the morning meal.

"Yes, the break in is most intriguing. I also heard from a friend of mine that the only item known to have been taken was a golden mask, purported to have belonged to one of the four pharaohs of ascension!"

"I agree with Algharud, we must be on our guard--because we're going to have competition!"

The man ate sparingly, but slipped some bread into his backpack for later.


Hmm, I had been hoping for a bit more discussion, but alright... No comment Lanialiar?

By the time the party has done with breakfast the hired camels have arrived, and shortly thereafter as you are securing your bags and packs of supplies--collected the day previous--with the help of your new bearers, Jini and Melaku. Half an hour later, the sun rising slowly into the heavens, a squad of five men dressed in the uniforms of the Crook Bearer arrive, leading their own mounts as well as several extras, as well as another man in more simple desert dress. The press of camels and people leaves even the spacious courtyard of the inn rather crowded.

Illec Carast steps forward, giving Halistar and the rest a respectful bow. "Good day. I realise we are earlier than the Crook Bearer promised, but I believed that you would wish to leave as soon as possible considering the news from last night." his lip quirks ever so slightly into a smile. "The Crook Bearer was not displeased to hear the Arch Docent humbled so, but he is certainly taking your warning more seriously, and sent an extra man--free of additional obligation upon your part."


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6

Maybe we just need a little action after seven pages of roleplaying.

Everyone helps to survive. But carry your own supplies.


Male Aasimar (Musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 6 AC:18, Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +6 . . . Perception+9

Halistar does a shallower bow in return.

"It is good to meet you as well. Obligations are heavy on the soul, and the sooner as they can be resolved, the better. I am thinking that we should leave as soon as possible, if you are completely ready."

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27


Male Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 6; AC 13, flat-footed 11, touch 13; HP 38/38; Init +2; Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +9; Perception +12

Zanos cast a quick spell on himself, then piped in (whether it was polite or not) with, "I'm ready!"

Zanos cast endure elements on himself.


We should be getting to some action soon. Sorry if I've been boring you guys :)

Illec glances back at the nine camels they brought with them, four of which are loaded with supplies. "Yes... well as promised we have brought all our own supplies." he replies to Algharud's comment, before looking back to Halistar with an amused look.

"We met yesterday when I introduced myself and informed you that I would be leading the Crook Bearer's contributions." he reminds Halistar, his tone amused. "Illec Carast; and we are fully prepared."

1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Well, had to balance the scales at some point...

Halistar recognizes a few of Illec's men from the previous day, though two of them are 'new'. Their camel train looks well packed and organised for the long journey, with one camel in particular bearing a large, sturdy looking chest.

He also spots lurking near by, a suspiciously spiky looking halfling. He catches only a glimpse of the person's face however as he finishes turning away from Halistar's gaze and moves off into the morning traffic.

Please let me know if you would like to do anything about this, before I move things on :)

Scarab Sages

Female Ifrit Druid 6: AC 20, FF 14, touch 16; HP 42/42; Init +8(+11Desert); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +9; Perception +11(+14 Desert);SM+3

Well met Illec Carast. Lead on.

Laniliar appeared and spoke to each camel calming them in Sylvan.

They seem to think that your men are idiots Illec Carast...


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6

Algharud can't help but smile at Lanialiar's joke for a second. Then, he is earnest again: We will see. The desert eats idiots a plenty. So anyone who thinks his camel is right on this matter might better leave now.

If Halistar tells Algharud about the halfling...:
Algharud takes a surprising sprint over to the Halflings hiding-place, grabs him and yells: What is your business with us, you little rat?

Speed is 40 ft., CMB-check: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19


Alrighty! This sounds like a chase! Been wanting to use this here chase deck even since you met Raegos!

Apologies to Halistar if I'm jumping the gun.

As Halistar points out the departing halfling Algharud takes off at a run, but is rather hampered by the morning traffic outside the inn. By the time he breaks through the crowd of surprised passersby he spots the halfling nimbly scaling a rickety drainpipe up the side of a building, which is starting to wobble worryingly, and as Algharud rushes over to the base he is in time to witness the halfling push off the wall and nimbly flip over the wall, landing in the alleyway on the other side; from the angry yell it sounds like he may have landed on someone.

How this will work:

The aim of the game is to beat obstacles as you advance, each obstacle represented by a card from the deck. The Halfling will win if he gets a gap of 3 or more cards between him and the frontmost members of the party, or after eluding the party for... 8-10 cards (depending on how close the party is at the time). The party will win if they get to the same card as the halfling, and make a successful grapple check.

It takes a move and a standard to move from one card to another. Before rolling you can chose to take a full round action to try to advance two cards by making two checks, but you must succeed with both checks, or else you make no progress at all. You can also chose to use your turn to cast spells or anything you normally could.

Algharud, due to your speed you get a +2 bonus to all checks. The halfling takes a -2 to his checks. Anyone else with a speed other than 30 feet gets similar.
If anyone wants to sit out the chase then feel free to do so :)

Initiative:
Halfling: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Algharud: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Halistar: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Lanialiar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Zanos: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Lanialiar why does you character have a +8 Initiative listed? She only seems to have +4 from Dex. Either way it seems you go first.

The Rusty Drainpipe:
(Acrobatics DC 15 OR Climb DC 20)
Algharud, Halistar, Lanialiar, Zanos

Agitated Drunkard:
Intimidate DC 20 OR Sleight of Hand DC 15)
Halfling


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6

At initiative 19:

Algharud tries to get up the rainpipe the elegant way, trying a cat-like jump up. He then tries to draw himself up on the roof.

Acrobatics-check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

Algharud's elegant jump belies his bulk and wasn't that far away from the halfling's...

I like Barbarian-skills! :-)

Scarab Sages

Female Ifrit Druid 6: AC 20, FF 14, touch 16; HP 42/42; Init +8(+11Desert); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +9; Perception +11(+14 Desert);SM+3

Acrobat: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Lanialiar runs and leaps unto the pipe.

Wind!!

Lanialiar cries out as she momentarily lose her balance but a gush of wind push her on track again.

Thank you Mother...


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6

Oh crap, I forgot the bonus and I forgot the option of moving 2 squares. Next turn...

301 to 350 of 781 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Four Pharaohs of Ascension - Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.