Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Four Pharaohs of Ascension (Inactive)

Game Master Peanuts


151 to 200 of 781 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Hehehe...

"Ahh, thank you. I always find it so hard to navigate the bazaar." The Mithral Scarab rolls up her map again, pushing it into her bag and gestures for you to lead on, keeping up a steady stream of inane banter until you are far away from the 'Auction House'. After a few twists and turns of following you she whispers the proper directions to you, sending you off another way.

After a long winding path through the chaotic collection of semi-permanent tents, you finally arrive at a tattered tent on the west side of the Malhitu Bazaar, stopping a short distance away.

"Before we continue I must warn you all. The man you are about to meet is known as Raegos, and he has a deathly fear of writing. You will find out why after speaking with him, but I must ask you, put away any paper or writing implements, if he hears a single rustle of paper I fear he will not share with you what you need to know."


Male Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 6; AC 13, flat-footed 11, touch 13; HP 38/38; Init +2; Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +9; Perception +12

"Good to know," replied Zanos, as he took his waterproof bag and somehow managed to fit it entirely inside his unassuming haversack.

Osirion

Female Ifrit Druid 6: AC 20, FF 14, touch 16; HP 42/42; Init +8(+11Desert); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +9; Perception +11(+14 Desert);SM+3

I have seen and heard of many fear upon the Desert Sands. The winds have bring to my ears the cries of fear from death, loneliness, hunger...these are things that my fire cannot cleanse..

Lanialiar gave a puzzled look.

But to fear writing? To fear things that will burn in my presence...why fear such trivial things...Lanialiar do not understand..


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6

Perception:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23. No openly worn wayfinder either.

Algharud gives a puzzled look. Fear of writing? You mean like a goblin? Sounds crazy.


Male Human (Keleshite) Paladin (Sacred Shield/Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 | AC20 T12 F15 CMD16 | HP15/24 | F+8 R+4 W+6 | Init+2 | Per+0

"He might BE a goblin. Stranger things have been true. In any case, avoiding the written word can be simple enough."


"I am not familiar with these Goblins, but I will admit his fear is irrational. Please though, it has been difficult to uncover this information for you, so I would ask you to respect his wishes." The Scarab waits to ensure you all comply, before crossing to the tent, and opening the flap, allowing it to fall behind her.

The sight that greets you upon following her inside is unusual to say the least. Inside this battered gray tent is a home of humble means, complete with a small cooking fire. The tent’s hominess is disturbed, however, by dozens of strands of string, intertwining in a complex web as they run from the various pieces of furniture to the bed at the back of the tent. At the sound of the tent flap being opened, the sole occupant, an old blindfolded man turns towards the sound.

"Raegos, these are the people I told you about, they wish to hear your story." the Mithral Scarab informs the blindfolded man who simply stares indiferently in your direction. The Scarab looks to the group encouragingly.


Male Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 6; AC 13, flat-footed 11, touch 13; HP 38/38; Init +2; Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +9; Perception +12

Zanos stood near the back, waiting for those more versed in interpersonal skills to start the conversation.

This should be interesting, he thought idly, examining the contents of the tent.

Perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

Osirion

Female Ifrit Druid 6: AC 20, FF 14, touch 16; HP 42/42; Init +8(+11Desert); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +9; Perception +11(+14 Desert);SM+3

Perception Check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

The Desert welcomes you old man, we are honored to meet you in your domain and we will respect and listen to what you have to share with us. Lanialiar did a slight bow. Significant for someone so proud...

Lanialiar senses that the old man carries a wealth of knowledge and that even she a natural predator on the desert sands will do good to honor such a creature.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22


Male Aasimar (Musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 6 AC:18, Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +6 . . . Perception+9

Halistar has all his papers in his Handy Haversack. His wayfinder is currently hidden in his clothes

"Greetings to you this fine day, mr Raegos. Please acquiant us with your tale."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21
Halistar then whispers to Algharud "Perhaps you should take a good look around outside, to make sure that nobody is trying to spy on us.


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6

Algharud, dutiful mercenary he is, sometimes likes being given orders. So he turns around, silently whispers No goblin. and goes outside.

Algharud will patrol around the tent, trying to be hidden.

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14; Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


Oh g#~ d~#n it. My post got eaten... *sigh*

The bow is unfortunately wasted on the blindfolded man, but he tilts his head in her directs as Lanialiar speaks to him, smiling faintly. She gets the sense that more than any knowledge he has a great burden upon him, one that has bowed him down for many years. Even so he seems healthy, especially for one as advanced in years, though she would guess he is quite a bit younger than herself...

His attention shifts to Halistar as he speaks, and after a moment Raegos just nods, reaching up to run a hands along several of the lengths of string, until he reaches a chair and seats himself with a sigh. "So you wish to hear about the Pyramid...Very well." he agrees taking a deep breath as if marshaling his energy.

Wall of text (All):
"I was hired by an elderly scholar named Imivus to fill out his expedition. He brought ten of us with him, a number he said was important. Imivus had a preference for those with reputations for following orders and asking few questions, I was young, foolish, and desperate for coin. I remember Imivus was always in a hurry. He might have been an astronomer, because he seemed obsessed with the idea that his campaign could only succeed while something called the Ringed Planet was in its ascendancy and that his window of time was waning. He never really explained and we didn’t ask."

"What he did tell us was that the pyramid of the Four Pharaohs of Ascension was hidden on another plane of existence. I don’t know where, I just knew enough from the scholar’s description to know that it was a horrible place. Imivus explained that the pharaohs thought they would live forever after they crossed into the afterlife, so they designed a funeral mask that would enable them to call the pyramid back to our world once again, in case they ever needed to return."

"I remember the mask well enough. It was inlayed with gold and adorned with a headdress of feathers, dyed both red and black. After Imivus brought us miles to the southeast, to the base of four pyramids exposed by a sandstorm, he put on the mask. There was a great shimmer of light and a gigantic pyramid suddenly materialized in between the other four."

"The pyramid was a massive temple of green stone. I’d never seen anything like it before. Once deep inside, Imivus’s apprentice deciphered several of the inscriptions that littered the walls and floors. According to the inscriptions, the four pharaohs had declared that all intruders would be doomed to live out their existence as eternal guardians of the tomb. Apparently, anyone who saw the four symbols of the pharaohs’ namesakes would forever become enslaved monsters."

"At first I thought it was bluster designed to scare of thieves. I remember that Imivus ordered us to simply ignore the first few symbols as we came across them inside the tomb. But then Seraton, the party bowman, suddenly cried out in alarm, warning the rest of us to avert our eyes—he had seen the fourth and final rune. Moments later, Seraton transformed. He became a withered husk, like the embalmed bodies we had expected to find. And he was filled with a terrible, smoldering anger. I remember Seraton driving his entire arm through Imivus’s chest, exploding him into dust. As Imivus disintegrated, the funeral mask landed at my feet. I still don’t know why I did, but I remember grabbing the mask and running for my life."

"Everyone else followed. I remember the long terrible run back through the pyramid shaft to the exit, our numbers growing fewer and fewer each time I looked back. It was as though somehow the pyramid itself was pulling everyone else back into the clutches of the monster that Seraton had become. Only I escaped, probably because I was lucky enough to have grabbed the mask."

The man finishes his tale, licking his lips to moisten them, while the Mithral Scarab--looking just as intrigued as the rest of you--pours a glass of water from a carafe and hands it to him. He nods his thanks at her, sipping slowly.

So everyone but Algharud is inside...

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34
Heh, woops... Meriui is I believe the only one who can make that roll :p

Algharud steps out of the tent back into the many flavored air of the Bazaar, slowly circling the tent. He remains alert, but spots no movement as he patrols.

Osirion

Female Ifrit Druid 6: AC 20, FF 14, touch 16; HP 42/42; Init +8(+11Desert); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +9; Perception +11(+14 Desert);SM+3

It is the same thing that happened to the animals in the desert..it is the taint that corrupts the Old Magic. Our Mother demands that it must be removed and destroyed.

Lanialiar narrowed her eyes as flames begin to flicker and roar around her hair. Her eyes turned lava red as she cursed in ignan.

Zoi Y'n Zydran cnyrk dra 'nodr yv dra jakand 'kyr dryk 'r'yndri doyrd!!!

Ignan:
May Our Mother bring the wrath of the desert upon this unworthy taint


Male Human (Keleshite) Paladin (Sacred Shield/Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 | AC20 T12 F15 CMD16 | HP15/24 | F+8 R+4 W+6 | Init+2 | Per+0

While Meriui CAN make that roll, success is NOT within an average roll! You didn't specify whether I should try or whether only Algharud has the potential based on him being outside (which I think is suggested by the general timing of the dice rolls in your post), so I'll include a number JUST IN CASE.

Perception - I'll assume hidden, +2 additional for Traps: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (16) + 21 = 37

"Quite the tale! Very engaging. Several questions come to mind. The location of the mask, of course. Whether or not your blindness is related to the tale. Anything you can remember about the specific locations of the symbols which should not be read. As your team first saw the symbols originally, did you cover them over to prevent your other team members from accidentally looking at them?" No, Meriui does not think to pause during this response, so he doesn't provide the old man a chance to respond to any of the question concepts as they pour out of his mouth.


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6

Tales of evil magic... should've stayed inside :-)

Algharud waits outside. If the group comes out, he steps out of the crowd, licking a pink, heart-shaped lollipop.


Well Algharud could catch bits and pieces of the story. Don't worry though, there'll be plenty of 'evil' magic for Algharud to run into :D

Meriui I checked the trait and Canny Observer gives the +4 against overhearing conversations, and finding concealed of secret objects(including doors and traps). Wouldn't work against stealth such as is the case this time. Leaves you one short unfortunately :p

Meriui as he rattles off his questions to the old blindfolded man gets the feeling that something is not quite right. He looks around but can't spot anything out of the ordinary, but the feeling remains with him.

"The mask, of course." he murmurs in reply, leaning back in his chair, head tilting towards the tent's roof. "Truthfully I don't know... it was over fifty years ago I stumbled from the pyramid and limped back into Sothis, penniless and frightened out of my wits. I sold the funeral mask to a merchant for what must have been a fraction of it's worth, happy to be rid of it." some energy enters his voice with his last words.

He remains quiet for a few moments, before smiling and touching his blindfold. "My blindness is by my choice... I saw three of those symbols, and I will not chance to see the last and suffer the same fate as Seraton; think of that what you will..."

"As to the symbols... We burned off the early ones, but we didn't take the curse seriously, not until it was too late. They... each resembled a strange symbol, or rune inside a circle. The first was a double-ended arrow flanked by two arcing lines. The second was an unblinking eye, and the third a pyramid above a half circle. Raegos continues his slow responses, dredging his memory for the information you seek. "The fourth is anyone's guess... Imivus said that they were the Pharaoh's symbols for subjugation, desert, and fealty."

Algharud meanwhile, finds that there isn't really a crowd to speak of, you're on the outskirts of the Bazaar, and so far you've seen one person moving past apparently with business elsewhere. Otherwise this region doesn't seem much frequented, as opposed to more lively sections of the bazaar; just a quite place for a blind old man to live out his days...


Male Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 6; AC 13, flat-footed 11, touch 13; HP 38/38; Init +2; Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +9; Perception +12

Zanos made a mental note of the symbols for future reference.


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6

As it is quiet outside, Algharud comes back in.

Miss anything? does he ask with a pretty desinterested voice, still eating his pink heart-shaped lollipop.

Osirion

Female Ifrit Druid 6: AC 20, FF 14, touch 16; HP 42/42; Init +8(+11Desert); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +9; Perception +11(+14 Desert);SM+3

Do not worry old man, you will regain your sight soon again to cast it upon the wondrous spectrum of the sun shinning upon the golden sands of Our Mother or set your eyes upon the silver night moon of the desert when I rid of this abomination.

Lanialiar stared and frowned at Algharud as he walked in licking his pink heart-shaped lollipop.

She turned towards Meriui and Halistar and speaks

I trust you know how to find this place. Bring us there and I will be in your debt...

The flames from Lanialiar leaped out and melted the lollipop in Algharud's hand.

try good berries, they taste better.


Male Aasimar (Musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 6 AC:18, Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +6 . . . Perception+9

"You don't perhaps happen to remember the merchants name?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18


Stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33
Wow... Anyone with a +13 or better Perception can roll (again, think it's just Meriui)

Raegos turns in Lanialiar's direction as she promises the he will regain his sight, confused by her flowery language. He glances towards Algharud as he enters before Lanialiar's heat startles him. The Mithral Scarab places a gentle hand on his should and look at Lanialiar warningly as Raegos calms, and turns towards Halistar.

"I can't remember his name now, if I ever knew it. I am certain the buyer had no idea of what he was getting. I only told him that it was a pyramid of green stone."

Osirion

Female Ifrit Druid 6: AC 20, FF 14, touch 16; HP 42/42; Init +8(+11Desert); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +9; Perception +11(+14 Desert);SM+3

Oh he IS blind...tot he just put the cloth on his eyes..lol...well who knows miracles might happen ; P


Male Human (Keleshite) Paladin (Sacred Shield/Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 | AC20 T12 F15 CMD16 | HP15/24 | F+8 R+4 W+6 | Init+2 | Per+0

Pooh. Yeah, well I was thinking that might be the case, but didn't go look it up. First time EVER I've had a rogue with that particular Trick. That NPC's got some serious luck on his/her side!

Perception: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21 See? Lucky NPC!

Meriui responds to the old man's answers. "Sold the mask more than 50 years ago? It could be nearly anywhere, including either the Crook Bearer's collection or Varisia! Finding it should prove quite a challenge." He doesn't really expect a response, nor does he push the old man to respond to any of the other questions more quickly.

"I can't say that trying to avoid the fate you saw befall your friend is wrong, by any means. I don't know that I would go as far, but I think I understand the desire."

As the old man describes the symbols, Meriui starts to reach for a quill, ink and paper, but catches himself. "I am sorry for your friends that you can describe the first three symbols so well after all this time. Your need to avoid the fourth becomes clearer."


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6

Algharud doesn't pay much attention to the talk, enraged by Lanialars little magic.

You won't ever again use your fell magic against me or I will feed you to your very own desert beasts, witch!

Then, he tries to jump over to Lanialar, grip her by her throat and lift her of her feet, hot, molten candy still sizzling upon his hand.

Grapple-CMB: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27
Max. carrying capacity of Algharud is 520 pounds. So lifting a person of est. 140 pounds with one arm should work, right?


Male Aasimar (Musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 6 AC:18, Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +6 . . . Perception+9

"Whoa, whoa, calm down guys. She didn't mean any harm Algharud, she just hasn't been around other people very much."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21

Osirion

Female Ifrit Druid 6: AC 20, FF 14, touch 16; HP 42/42; Init +8(+11Desert); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +9; Perception +11(+14 Desert);SM+3

Muttering an incantation Lanialiar used her innate ability Efreeti Magic as Algharud lifted her up with one hand.

Cast Enlarge Person
This spell causes instant growth of a humanoid creature, doubling its height and multiplying its weight by 8. This increase changes the creature's size category to the next larger one. The target gains a +2 size bonus to Strength, a -2 size penalty to Dexterity (to a minimum of 1), and a -1 penalty on attack rolls and AC due to its increased size. That means my weight now is 140 x 8= 1,120 pounds

A character can lift as much as double his maximum load off the ground, but he or she can only stagger around with it. While overloaded in this way, the character loses any Dexterity bonus to AC and can move only 5 feet per round (as a full-round action).. That means I am now taller than you because I am taller and heavier and by right now you are hanging in the air holding on to my throat.

As the arms and legs of Lanialiar began to take on an accelerated growth growing doubling her height and increasing in her weight. Algharud taken aback and was lifted into the air.

How dare you touch me filthy animal!!! How dare you touch the Mistress of the Desert Moon!!

Lanialiar boomed in a loud voice as flames became to burst forth from her crown and horns.


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6

You have to succeed at a Combat Maneuver Check to grab me. :-) That's because I'll just ignore the lift. Okay, this would be the point, where plausibility would dictate, that my rage kicks in and Algharud would beat the crap out of Lanialiar. Has anyone a reasonable solution that does not involve PvP-Combat? I guess, I just stay with non-damaging threats:

Letting go of Lanialiars throat, Algharud jumps back to his feet.

Then let it begin, Monster! I have slain worse than a bloated desert-cow!

Even those with the tiniest scrap of empathy can clearly feel, that Algharud is about losing control. His muscles swell, his veins grow clearly visible as blood pumps through. His right hand is twitching towards his falchion.

Time to intervene, buddies!

Osirion

Female Ifrit Druid 6: AC 20, FF 14, touch 16; HP 42/42; Init +8(+11Desert); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +9; Perception +11(+14 Desert);SM+3

You are lifted because you are holding on to me via my throat. As my height doubles it naturally lifted you up through my growth. So technically you are grappling me still but you are hanging in the air. If you are grappling me on my body, then it will be a different matter as you will be piggyback on my back. lol...

Yeah please intervene, I dun wanna hurt Algahrud..:P


Woh, okay, bit of a surprise o.0 I'm not going to have a chance to make a full reply before work, so Algharud and Lanialiar please refrain from posting til I do. Everyone else can feel free to post their reactions and actions, but just leave it at the one post.

AS far as the grab thing, he wouldn't be lifted into the air, but he would be forced to adjust his hold on Lanialiar since he could no longer reach her throat.

Osirion

Female Ifrit Druid 6: AC 20, FF 14, touch 16; HP 42/42; Init +8(+11Desert); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +9; Perception +11(+14 Desert);SM+3

.....hmmmmmm on my...bosoms?


Ahh, right. The part of the ability Zanos quoted in the discussion thread is a bit confusing, but I see no reason why she'd be able to cast it on other Ifrits and not herself.

Raegos simply nods at Meriui's observations as to the possible location of the mask. "Yes. I'm afraid that's all I know, I have no wish to locate that cursed item again, and if you are wise you will leave it alone as well." Meriui's response to his self-chosen blindness earns him a grateful smile.

He seems about to respond again when you are interrupted by the quickly escalating scuffle between Algharud and Lanialiar. He looks around first in confusion and then in horror as Lanialar's rapidly expanding form encounters first several of the various bits of string--which easily snap under the pressure--and then the roof of the tent, forcing her to hunch as the stitching strains against her growing bulk. "Stop! What are you doing!" he cries, stumbling to his feet, knocking the chair over in his confusion as he reaches for strings that are no longer there, the complicated knot swaying loosely to the side with a goodly portion of it's lines cut as the two pathfinders scuffle.

As she grows Algharud is forced to release her throat, quickly adjusting his grip to somewhat awkwardly grasp her waist, pinning an arm to her side as he does so, his deeply held anger and hate bubbling just beneath the surface.

"Enough! Stop at once!" the Mithral Scarab bellows, her powerful voice commanding attention. "Cease this foolish squabbling. I did not bring you here to destroy this man's home! You are Pathfinders, behave like it!" her scorn his obvious, and she appears unperturbed as the tent wobbles and shakes with the motions of the enlarged Lanialar.

Osirion

Female Ifrit Druid 6: AC 20, FF 14, touch 16; HP 42/42; Init +8(+11Desert); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +9; Perception +11(+14 Desert);SM+3

Can I discard my spell at will?


Yes, Enlarge Person is dismissible.

Osirion

Female Ifrit Druid 6: AC 20, FF 14, touch 16; HP 42/42; Init +8(+11Desert); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +9; Perception +11(+14 Desert);SM+3

Taken aback by the power projected by the Mithril Scarab, Lanialiar dismissed the enchantment as she began to shrink in size. The top of the tent flopped downwards covering both herself and Algharud.

Release me barbarian. We will find a suitable time and place to settle this. growled Lanialiar.


Male Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 6; AC 13, flat-footed 11, touch 13; HP 38/38; Init +2; Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +9; Perception +12

"Peace Algharud, peace!" Zanos added, his hands open with palms facing up.

"Lanialiar is a child of the desert. Her abilities come from nature itself, and they are neither good nor evil."

"Besides, there is enough danger before us, you need not look for more!"


Waiting on you guys to post :)


Male Human (Keleshite) Paladin (Sacred Shield/Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 | AC20 T12 F15 CMD16 | HP15/24 | F+8 R+4 W+6 | Init+2 | Per+0

Meriui is flabergasted. He stands where he was, looking from Lanialiar to Algharud, and back, and then to Halistar. He looks more upset at Halistar than he does the other two, even gesturing at him with both hands open and partially turned up, before going back to looking at the other two without any sign of comprehension.

Think of the physical gesture that might accompany the words "Really? Really?"

"I can not believe that these two have chosen to behave in this fashion while we are guests in your home, Raegos. I see that they have caused damage, including breaking your paths through your home. I know that we have some work ahead of us that will not suit their temperments. Would you like for them to help you repair this damage that they have caused? Maybe do some additional chores to display to you the depth of the sorrow they feel as a result of their behavior?"

Sorry. My wife declared executive privelege and dictated my weekend to me. I had no warning that she was going to do that. Next weekend is a local convention where I am suposed to run games through the event . . ..


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6

Seems to be your lucky day, witch. You can thank your makers instead of meeting them. With these words, Algharud takes a sugar cane out of his pocket and starts eating it, maybe with a tiny scrap of provocation in it... or may be not.

Back to business.

@Lanialiar: I already did release you, see above.


Male Aasimar (Musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 6 AC:18, Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +6 . . . Perception+9

Halistar wipes his brow in relief "Wow, that was unpleasant".


Male Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 6; AC 13, flat-footed 11, touch 13; HP 38/38; Init +2; Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +9; Perception +12

"Seriously unpleasant," Zanos agreed.


"No that's... just leave. Please." Raegos shakes his head at Meriui's offer, only slowly relaxing, his shoulders slumped as he stoops to right his chair.

The Mithral Scarab meanwhile looks at you with annoyance. "Go. I will contact you if I discover anything further." her words are clipped, and without a further word she turns to right the poles knocked askew, ignoring you all.


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6

Algharud does as he is told, firmly believing that "unpleasant" is just the description of Lanialiars "evil magic". His body language shows not the slightest sign of guilt.


Male Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 6; AC 13, flat-footed 11, touch 13; HP 38/38; Init +2; Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +9; Perception +12

"Well, where to now?" asked Zanos, as they stepped out of the blind man's tent.


All up to you guys where to go from here... Feel free to make some rolls you think might help track down the mask, or if you have something else you'd like to check out.


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6

We could snoop around, where this mask went. Maybe the merchants' guild can help or some historian. I think, buying some drinks for the right persons in the right places can help...Maybe the temple of Nethys - blessed be thy name!- knows more.

Let's use diplomacy to gather information... Has anyone a better modifier than my -2? :-)


Male Aasimar (Musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 6 AC:18, Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +6 . . . Perception+9

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21
Knowledge: Local: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Does Halistar have any ideas?

Osirion

Female Ifrit Druid 6: AC 20, FF 14, touch 16; HP 42/42; Init +8(+11Desert); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +9; Perception +11(+14 Desert);SM+3

Walking away from the tent

Let me take a look at the desert sands. i need to be back anyway, I must cleanse myself of this barbarian stench anyway.

Lanialiar walk towards the city walls and walked up the stairs looking out beyond the desert plains.

Knowledge(Nature: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Knowledge(Geography: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 +9 for desert
Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20 +14 for desert perception


Hmm, not a very charismatic lot are you? :p will hold off on the reply til I get what Zanos and Meriui are doing.

*whistles*: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21
Hah!


Male Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 6; AC 13, flat-footed 11, touch 13; HP 38/38; Init +2; Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +9; Perception +12

Actually, Halistar has a 20 Cha and a +16 to Diplomacy...

"Asking around about the mask is probably the best place to start. I think Halistar should take the lead on this, as he's proven to be good at interpersonal skills."


I know, Halistar already rolled his Gather Info/Diplomacy check ;)

Remember you can all aid another with skill checks.


Male Aasimar (Musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 6 AC:18, Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +6 . . . Perception+9

Oh yeah, perception.
Percepion: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

Edit: Halistar casts Heroism on himself, as well. Should really have done that earlier.

151 to 200 of 781 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Four Pharaohs of Ascension - Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.