Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Four Pharaohs of Ascension (Inactive)

Game Master Peanuts


101 to 150 of 781 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 6; AC 13, flat-footed 11, touch 13; HP 38/38; Init +2; Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +9; Perception +12

Dice Rolls:

Sense Motive (Algharud's spoiler): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Sense Motive (GM 1): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Appraise: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Sense Motive (GM 2): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Kn-Local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Zanos didn't see what was so special about the scrolls, but he noticed something else.

Whispering to Halistar, he said, "That Paracount is pretending that he doesn't want the scrolls. Something about them piqued his interest."

Osirion

Female Ifrit Druid 6: AC 20, FF 14, touch 16; HP 42/42; Init +8(+11Desert); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +9; Perception +11(+14 Desert);SM+3

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Appraise: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Knowledge local: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17

Lanialiar do not know if it is a fake but she is glad that the Chelexians are putting on a show.

Finally they are doing something stupid, let's hope I can kill those abominations


The room remains fairly quiet after Halistar's bid, and the Kemasarian looked somewhat relieved to get even that. He is just about to award the item to Halistar when the group of sages who bid on the previous writings calls out for 60 gold, pleasing the auctioneer. They keep it up for a little while, but when Halistar continues to bid the sages bow out, and he easily take the item for 100gp

Rather embarrassed about the whole thing the Kemasarian quickly clears the scrolls off the stage and gestures for the next item. This time it is a bronze, 6-inch tall sculpture of a muscled man with a cobra’s head and a long serpent’s tail wrapped thrice around his legs. On his chest are three Ancient Osirion
Hieroglyphs too small to make out.

DC 15 Appraise:
Such figurines and sculptures are highly prized, you would estimate 400gp for this one on it’s craftsmanship alone.

The crook bearer and Arch Docent finally step back into the bidding again, the Arch Docent leading with the same opening bid as Halistar, 50. The Crook bearer just as quickly ups him with 70 gold, and then 90gp back to the Arch Docent. The kemasarian is clearly pleased to see the scroll tube put behind them.


Male Human (Keleshite) Paladin (Sacred Shield/Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 | AC20 T12 F15 CMD16 | HP15/24 | F+8 R+4 W+6 | Init+2 | Per+0

Appraise: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15 No reason to waste a big roll, right? <shudder>

Returning from looking at the statue, Meriui notes "Nice piece for a collection, but no obvious benefit for our research. This should go for nearly 500 coin."


Male Aasimar (Musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 6 AC:18, Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +6 . . . Perception+9

Appraise: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

"I will bid 120 Gold pieces."

Charisma Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

He will bid up to 700 gp if the Paracount bids, otherwise 650 gp.

Osirion

Female Ifrit Druid 6: AC 20, FF 14, touch 16; HP 42/42; Init +8(+11Desert); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +9; Perception +11(+14 Desert);SM+3

Appraise: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11

Nice statue

Thought Lanialiar before she returns to her imagination what wrath of the desert is she going to inflict upon the chelaxian abominations.


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6

The easier of the Sense Motive-Checks: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

I have no good knowledge of how people think and feel, but this big action about that last item we got seems a little off to me. Why should the Chelaxians do this? I wouldn´t wonder if they ambushed us in a dark alley to steal the thing we just bought. I even hope they will. May Nethys spoil their evil magics, making it lead to their own demise.

Algharud has a dark smile on his face. He seems eager to be ambushed...


Ahh, my bad. I forgot this item had a picture

Meriui's estimate seems accurate as far as most of the other bidding parties are concerned, the bidding progressing smoothly up until the Arch Docent drops a 500gp bid which seems to exhaust the Crook Bearer's interest. When Halistar then bids over him, apart from earning a withering stare from the aged curator Julistar steps quickly in, bidding over the top of Halistar easily each time until he slaps down a bid of 800gp in an attempt to end the race and snag the item.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Male Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 6; AC 13, flat-footed 11, touch 13; HP 38/38; Init +2; Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +9; Perception +12

Zanos kept an eye on the crowd, especially the Chelaxians.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22


Male Aasimar (Musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 6 AC:18, Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +6 . . . Perception+9

"If you want to acquire it for double it's value, then it is yours. I am happy to help you spend your money." Halistar smiles

Goad, Goad, Goad the Devil worshippers!


Julistar just give Halistar a haughty look for a few moments before turning back to the stage as he won the sculpture.

The crowd remains much the same as before, though some are now watching the interchange between your group and the Chelaxians with a mused smiles; they expected most of the auction to go to one or two bidders, but the most entertainment they expected was to see the Arch Docent and Crook Bearer staring off, so the additional rivalry is a bonus.

The Kemasarian continues undisturbed, pleased that the auction is going so well despite the hiccup on what they had expected to be a big item. "Our final item today is an Ancient Osirion funeral mask of an unusual composition. Starting bid 50gp."

Zanos' dilligence in detecting magic finally pays off as he spies an aura upon the next slave's tray, surrounding a mask that appears to be made of stone, though whatever material it is made of seems to be streaked through with a number of fine veins of precious materials that give it a rather impressive appearance, lightly curving with the contours of the mask.

DC 18 Appraise:
The craftsmanship and unusual material of this mask would be worth 250gp

DC 21 Spellcraft (Zanos only unless he informs anyone else who wishes to cast Detect Magic):
You recognize the true nature of the mask, a magical item known as a Mask of Stony Demeanor. You believe it’s magical properties to value it at twice the cost of it’s materials alone.


Male Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 6; AC 13, flat-footed 11, touch 13; HP 38/38; Init +2; Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +9; Perception +12

Appraise 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Spellcraft 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28

Zanos whispers to the others, "That mask is magical. It gives the wearer's face a stone-like countenance, making it more difficult to interpret the wearer's intents."


Male Human (Keleshite) Paladin (Sacred Shield/Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 | AC20 T12 F15 CMD16 | HP15/24 | F+8 R+4 W+6 | Init+2 | Per+0

Appraise: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

Meriui examines the mask, and starts to give his review of it until he hears Zanos' comment. "Really? I didn't think it was anything special. Obviously, I was wrong."


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6

Algharud has no eyes for the auction. Only the Chelaxians behaviour seems to interest him at all.

Those devil-worshippers! There MUST be something wrong with them. Influencing the auction-guy just seems... odd. Don't like cities. You just don't no, what people are up to. Fighting giant scorpions in the desert is just that much simpler - kill it or be killed. I wish that was true for those Chelaxian scum, too.


Male Aasimar (Musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 6 AC:18, Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +6 . . . Perception+9

Appraise : 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

"I shall bid the 50 Gold start." Halister says, with a small smile on his face.

Charisma Check : 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Perception : 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Spellcraft : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Halistar will bid up to 1000 gold for the Mask, preferably bidding just at the last calls for a bid if the Paracount decides to bid.


Hmm, no appraise check this time eh? :p

Julistar actually seems to hang back from this item, and you suspect from the way he's been bidding he may be running low on funds. When he sees the interest from yourself, the Arch Docent, and the Crook Bearer he doesn't even bother.

Spoiler:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

The other pair provide more than enough competition however, both of them seeming quite eager to claim the curious item. The bidding slows slightly as it passes 300gp, but continues at a steady pace until Halistar over-bids the Arch Docent with 425gp, and the curator just sighs.

The hammer falls, and as the funeral mask is carried off stage the Kemasarian wastes no time in wrapping things up, thanking everyone for their attendance and their interest, and invites the successful bidders to join him at the rear of the stage to complete their transactions.

Osirion

Female Ifrit Druid 6: AC 20, FF 14, touch 16; HP 42/42; Init +8(+11Desert); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +9; Perception +11(+14 Desert);SM+3

Lanialiar sighes with disappointment that she did not have a chance to fight the Chileans....

Maybe I should start attacking them first...

But anyway she is glad the auction is over and she is able to return to the desert soon.


Male Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 6; AC 13, flat-footed 11, touch 13; HP 38/38; Init +2; Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +9; Perception +12

"Nice job, Halistar!" Zanos said with a smile.

Leaning in to speak softly, he added, "What about our contact?"


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6

Algharud takes care to follow Halistar behind the stage, posing (or being?) his bodyguard.


As far as you can all tell, you have seen no sign of the Mithral Scarab. There is however, still a step remaining of the signal... You all look to Halistar as he heads for the stage, wondering faintly if he remembered it...


Male Aasimar (Musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 6 AC:18, Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +6 . . . Perception+9

As the auction closes up, Halistar reaches into his bag and pulls out a thick book, a vial of green ink, and a large peacock feather. He quickly writes something on a page, carefully tears it out, and hands it to Zanos. He then passes the feather to Algharud, who according to the signal described, would then place it in a prominant place on his person.

Halistar then approaches the rear of the stage to pay for his aquisitions.


Male Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 6; AC 13, flat-footed 11, touch 13; HP 38/38; Init +2; Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +9; Perception +12

Zanos took the proffered page in hand, following Halistar.


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6

...and Algharud puts the feather into his belt, looking slightly funny to an casual observer.

Osirion

Female Ifrit Druid 6: AC 20, FF 14, touch 16; HP 42/42; Init +8(+11Desert); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +9; Perception +11(+14 Desert);SM+3

Lanialiar looked at Algharud and thought that he looked extremely appealing...it's hard to explain but She felt that it suits him very much.


Male Human (Keleshite) Paladin (Sacred Shield/Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 | AC20 T12 F15 CMD16 | HP15/24 | F+8 R+4 W+6 | Init+2 | Per+0

Trying to ignore the whole display of the peacock feather, Meriui heads with Halistar to gather the team's winnings. He's pretty obviously focusing on the stone tube, for now . . ..


The party congregates by the rear of the stage after Halistar's completion of the signal, as the Aasimar steps forward alongside Julistar, The Arch Docent, and the Crook Bearer. The whole process is resolved with an easy efficiency on the part of the Kemasarian, while the Arch Docent and Crook Bearer eye each other distrustfully as they hand of their payments, the Crook Bearer backed up by his guards behind him still guarding the chest, into which goes the statue of the strange woman, carefully wrapped for transport. The Arch Docent accepts a package containing the similarly wrapped veinstone carvings, leaving Julistar and Halistar (Heh, I just noticed how similar your names are :p) to eye each other as the last items are still being prepared for transport.

"May I ask what interest you have in such antiquities?" Julistar breaks the silence, his tone and manner polite enough if a bit haughty, as if Halistar was something he wished to scrape off his shoe, his guards and servant lurking a discrete distance behind him.

DC 15 Perception (Halistar only):
As you observe Julistar's retinue you find no indication of the supposed Wand Rifle Algharud mentioned, the only thing remotely similar is a cane held by Julistar's manservant.

I believe your three items comes to a total of 675gp.

-=-=-=-=-=-

Meriui's attention is distracted from the scroll tube as he senses someone approaching him. Turning to see who or what it is he finds the tardy woman resembling the statue approaching the group as they await the conclusion of Halistar's business.

"Master. I was hoping I could beg a moment of your time." she asks, a pleasant smile gracing her lips. Up close the resemblance is still striking, but more subtle, her features are definitely quite similar, but the facial structure is not quite the same; the statue is perhaps that of a close blood relation, or perhaps the sculptor was simply clumsy.


Male Human (Keleshite) Paladin (Sacred Shield/Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 | AC20 T12 F15 CMD16 | HP15/24 | F+8 R+4 W+6 | Init+2 | Per+0

"Master? You flatter me. I am happy to speak with you, though. More so if you can provide some clue as to an unusual riddle that I've spotted. But, I believe your topic should come first." A quick blush crosses his face, followed by a quick hint of panic, and then a far more common sheepish look. "My apologies. I seem to have forgotten my manners, again. I am Meriui?" He leaves the question hanging in the air, as he leads her to a quiet spot on the emptying floor. One where they are easily seen, but not close enough to anyone to be easily overheard should she choose a quiet tone.


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6

Algharud looks a bit disappointed. No black mages here to beat up. Just old useless crap and lots of money. I don't care for this stone junk. Can't eat it and it doesn't prevent blue dragons from killing you... damn! If I just could get my hands on this evil beast...


Male Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 6; AC 13, flat-footed 11, touch 13; HP 38/38; Init +2; Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +9; Perception +12

Zanos eyed everyone warily, just in case there was some treachery.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20


Zanos:
Zanos sees Meriui wander away to talk with the Statue-woman, and like Halistar notices something a little unusual as he gazes over at the opposite party of Chelaxians. See the Halistar only perception spoiler above

Meriui:
"Hmm, well perhaps. One often encounters riddles when looking to our land's heritage, but I must admit I have never been very good at them." she admits, smiling with faint amusmenet at the quick parade of emotions across Meriui's features. She allows you to guide her away from your companions, but her attention remains focused on you.

"Meriui." she says slowly, as if savoring it upon her tongue. She sinks into a formal bow, before introducing herself. "I am known as Neferet Anu, student of Osirion, and master of several languages." her lips quirk a small smile as she straightens at the last title, giving a slight shrug. "Or at least I hope to claim such someday. You must forgive my boldness, by I had attended the auction today in order to seek out our people's ancient writings to use as samples of my talents. Your... alliance? seems to have procured them all however, so I though perhaps I would offer you my services directly."

Apologies to Algharud and Lanialiar, I know this isn't much to your character's interests, this adventure takes a little while to get to the more interesting stuff (unless you're a fan of the osirion aspect of things anyway). If you wish to eavesdrop on either conversation, then you can feel free to do so. If you want to look at Meriui's spoiler then roll me a stealth to see how obvious you are being.


Male Human (Keleshite) Paladin (Sacred Shield/Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 | AC20 T12 F15 CMD16 | HP15/24 | F+8 R+4 W+6 | Init+2 | Per+0

"Zenbat aurreratu dira zure ikasketak?" No hieroglyphs in Google Translate, so I'm using Basque.

Ancient Osiriani:
"How advanced are you in your studies?"

The follow-up will be in either modern Osirian if Neferet doesn't seem the least comfortable with Ancient Osiriani, or will remain in Ancient Osiriani to kind of test the waters, as it were.

"Dira, hartzea gure talde bat hartu, kontratatu journeyman arkeologoa nahi duzun edo denbora maileguan materiala besterik ez duzu bilatzen? Beldur naiz ez dut zure nahia helbidea ulertzen dut ezean."

Ancient Osiriani:
"Are you wanting to take an apprenticeship with our group, hire in as a journeyman archeologist, or are you just looking to borrow time with the material? I am afraid that I can not address your desire unless I understand it."

Break for expected response. A surprising answer might delay/redirect the next bit.

"Edonola ere, zenbait nire bazkide zer erreferentzia izan dezakezu jakin nahi dut, eta harekin arrakastaz batera lan egin aurretik, non ikasi duzu ez duzula langauges ezagutu, eta abar. Hainbat talde izan ziren enkante honetan elementuak interesa. Lan sort honetan parte hartu dut nahikoa luzea enkante ondoren arte zain batzuek beren nahi duzun materiala eskuratzen saiatuko den jakiteko. Duzu, noski, ez dira harremanetan, besteak beste, parte hartzen du, bere gain hartzen I."

Ancient Osiriani:
"In any case, I'm certain my associates would like to know what references you might have, whom you have worked with successfully before, where you learned the langauges that you do know, and so on. Several groups were interested in the items in this auction. I have participated in this sort of work for long enough to know that some wait until after the auction to try to acquire their desired material. You, of course, are not involved in such dealings, I assume.

A lot more to cover in my own head right now. Too many turns that can be taken for me to be confident which way to go next, so . . ..


Heh, this should be interesting... Not Arabic?

"Nire irakurketa ona da, baina ...Ez dut ondo hitz praktikatzen." she replies somewhat hesitantly, smiling apologetically. She does seem to understand you, but is paying quite a lot of attention to what you are saying in order to do so, certainly more than you yourself require when someone else uses the language.

Ancient Osiriani:
"My reading is good, but ... I do not speak well practiced..."

"Jotzen nuen nire zerbitzuak eskaintzen itzultzaile bezala, baina zuk zeuk baino gutxiago gai naiz." she trails off shaking her head. "I'm sorry, I am butchering it, aren't I?"

Ancient Osiriani:
"I considered offering my services as a translator, but less than you I can..."

"Your own mastery is impressive. I would be honored if you would teach me more, but at the least I would hope to obtain a copy of the rubbings. I find the rumors around these objects fascinating, so combining that with my work..."

Assuming the last part was delivered in modern Osirian.

"Ahh hmm. Well I did complete a job recently, but it was hard enough to extract payment from the client let alone a reference. I studied for several years under Kemmebi of the Library of Tephu. I doubt you would have heard of him, he was a keeper of some of the records there..." she shrugs apologetically. "I can bring you some other samples, and... there may be someone I could put you in contact with, he's a manager at a warehouse who wanted some pieces authenticated."

Osirion

Female Ifrit Druid 6: AC 20, FF 14, touch 16; HP 42/42; Init +8(+11Desert); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +9; Perception +11(+14 Desert);SM+3

No problem :D A proper Mistress do not sneak lol


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6

Yeah, really no problem at all. Would you mind me to stop repeating the same "Algharud does nothing-post" over and over even if that means that I won't post every day?


Male Aasimar (Musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 6 AC:18, Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +6 . . . Perception+9

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

"I have always had an interest in history, and these are items that will further enlarge our understanding of the past." Halistar intentionally mirrors Julistar's tone and mannerism.

675 gold is correct


Yeah that's alright you two :) I appreciate your diligence. Please bear with me you guys (and Zanos) while I resolve the conversations with Meriui and Halistar :)

Julistar hides a scowl as you mirror him, though he is distracted from a reply as one of the Kemasarian's servant's arrived with his package, the slave bowing silently as he presents the item. He gestures for his manservant to take it, and simply heads back to his guards, pausing and glancing back as he reaches them. "Well. I have the feeling we will be seeing each other again. Until then."

Hmm, are any of you guys openly displaying your wayfinders?


Male Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 6; AC 13, flat-footed 11, touch 13; HP 38/38; Init +2; Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +9; Perception +12

Not Zanos.


Male Human (Keleshite) Paladin (Sacred Shield/Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 | AC20 T12 F15 CMD16 | HP15/24 | F+8 R+4 W+6 | Init+2 | Per+0
Venture-Captain Norden Balentii wrote:
Heh, this should be interesting... Not Arabic?

Nope. I had figured on using Arabic for modern Osirian, actually. Continuing in modern Osirian after her comment about wanting copies of the rubbings.

"So, you wish employment as a translator, in order to gain access to these writings, then? Clear enough. In such competitive times, it is hard to trust a stranger who shows up wanting access to prizes that others wanted in the first place. Especially a pretty one who keeps flattering me." Meriui's face has flushed a time or two during the exchange, but nothing like when he realized he had failed to introduce himself.

"You mentioned your own work. What IS your own work? What is it that you hope these rubbings will help you learn more about?"

This seems another likely disjoint point, where what follows may not immediately follow the response to the above.

Knowledge (Local) for anything about the Library of Tephu and/or Kemmebi: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 Ah, well.

"Contact information for that warehouse manager would be appreciated. The name of your last contract could help at least verify that you had the contract, even if he reports poorly on your behavior."

Not currently displaying the wayfinder, no.


Library of Tephu:
You've heard of Tephu before, it is one of the three cities surrounding the confluence of the Sphinx, Crook and Asp Rivers to the South West of Sothis. It is known amongst scholars for having a massive repository of knowledge dating back to it's founding in -1605 AR, known simply as the Library of Tephu. You've never heard of Kemmebi before, but the library is home to any number of scribes and scholars, poring through it's works in a vain attempt to catalogue it's jumbled records..

Mmm, except we're just using English for Modern Osirion :p

"Well, one works with what one has." she admits when he calls her out on using her feminine whiles, smiling at Meriui again. "Yes I had thought to offer my services as such if you did not posses someone familiar with Ancient Osirion."

"As to what I hoped to gain, it is as I said, I wished primarily to use the rubbings as an authentic sample that I could show to clients to demonstrate my ability. Of course, if their origin is true then I am also curious about their content; there are not many whose legend casts such a long shadow as the Four Pharaohs of Ascension, even amongst our land's extensive history."

"My previous client was Otto Menerik, but he's an absolute bastard, he's the reason I was late this morning," she informs with an annoyed huff. "As to the warehouse manager, I don't remember the address any more, but the managers name was Mpaandi." she says, withdrawing a small wallet, and pulling out a simple card which she hands to Meriui, before clarifying. "If you need to contact me; I should be able to find his information in my notes."

The card reads:
"Neferet Anu, student of Osirion, and translator of texts." it then gives an address in one of the more 'learned' sections of the city.


Male Human (Keleshite) Paladin (Sacred Shield/Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 | AC20 T12 F15 CMD16 | HP15/24 | F+8 R+4 W+6 | Init+2 | Per+0

"I will discuss your request with the team." He holds the card up between them symbolically. "If they should desire to utilize your services, we now know where to find you."

A brief hesitation, a quick knitting of his brow, and back to a more natural look. "Now, about that riddle I mentioned . . .. You bear a remarkable resemblance to the female statue that was up for bid earlier, Neferet. Far more than simple chance should allow. Is there more to your project than you suggested? Do you think that you may be more involved in this find than normal?"

Subtle? Subtle? Who needs subtle?

Hey YOU started using English for modern Osirian, I didn't! <wink>


Neferet nods, she couldn't really ask for more than a chance. As Meriui mentions a resemblance to a statue it is her turn to knit her brow. "I'm afraid I must have missed that piece... Was it one of the items you won? Perhaps I could see it for myself?"


Male Human (Keleshite) Paladin (Sacred Shield/Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 | AC20 T12 F15 CMD16 | HP15/24 | F+8 R+4 W+6 | Init+2 | Per+0

"Sadly, no. I admit, I'm not completely convinced of the authenticity of the piece, but even if authentic The Crook Bearer paid more than four times the statue's worth. It will probably vanish into his collection, never to be seen again during his lifetime." Meriui sighs. "It is amazingly hard to learn from pieces hidden away like that."

Oops. I forgot to do this previously.

Knowledge (Local) about Otto Menerik: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Knowledge (Local) about a warehouse guy named Mpaandi: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


"Ahh, the Crook Bearer. I wouldn't mind having a rummage through his collection..." she muses wistfully. "He's not big on the writings though, which is mostly what I'm interested in. Not many proper scholars can afford to collect statues like that." she observed. "Auctions are like that though, for those with more money than sense. Still, your group did alright for yourself."

You have heard of neither of these men, but... Sothis is enormous, so unless they specialized in Osirion artifacts they're unlikely to have come to your attention. You know enough to recognise that neither is likely Osirion however, Mpaandi sounding like a Mwangi name--of the Zenj peoples who live in tribes throughout the Mwangi Expanse, and are the most populous of the natives. Otto you would guess is Avistani in origin.


Male Human (Keleshite) Paladin (Sacred Shield/Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 | AC20 T12 F15 CMD16 | HP15/24 | F+8 R+4 W+6 | Init+2 | Per+0

"Well, Neferet, I think our immediate business has concluded. I will discuss your request with my companions, and we will let you know what the group decides. May your journeys be peaceful."

And Meriui will reluctantly break off his conversation with the attractive young woman, a thing most men hate to do, ever. He will move to rejoin his companions, where he will quietly whisper to Halistar. "Volunteers to help with the documents are already appearing."


Male Aasimar (Musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 6 AC:18, Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +6 . . . Perception+9
Meriui bin Mircea wrote:

"Well, Neferet, I think our immediate business has concluded. I will discuss your request with my companions, and we will let you know what the group decides. May your journeys be peaceful."

And Meriui will reluctantly break off his conversation with the attractive young woman, a thing most men hate to do, ever. He will move to rejoin his companions, where he will quietly whisper to Halistar. "Volunteers to help with the documents are already appearing."

"What an . . . . . unlikely coincidence. I sincerely doubt that we will need any outside help if we work together."


Neferet gives Meriui a parting wink and a blown kiss as he walks away, before turning and heading out of the tent herself. As the group reconvenes the tent has mostly emptied, Julistar and his minions disappearing from sight behind a falling tent flap, and the eunuchs of the Kemasarian already starting to dismantle the stage.

As you step outside the tent, wondering where to go from here, you are approached by another veiled, attractive female.

"Excuse me sirs, I fear I am lost. I am looking for The Bedraggled Porter, I know it's in the Bazaar somewhere..." she says, already unfurling a map of the city, and continuing to chatter away.

DC 15 Perception:
You notice that she is holding the map in a slightly unusual way, and after a moment you realize her finger is discretely pointing to the compass rose of the map where you recognize the Symbol of the Open Road.


Male Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 6; AC 13, flat-footed 11, touch 13; HP 38/38; Init +2; Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +9; Perception +12

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13

Oblivious to what is probably the obvious, Zanos simply admires the woman.

Osirion

Female Ifrit Druid 6: AC 20, FF 14, touch 16; HP 42/42; Init +8(+11Desert); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +9; Perception +11(+14 Desert);SM+3

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

Sensing the presence of another female, Lanialiar observes the woman keenly. She notices that the woman seems to be giving a hidden message with the map.


Male Aasimar (Musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 6 AC:18, Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +6 . . . Perception+9

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Knowledge:Local: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

"What a stroke of luck! I and my friends happen to be heading there right now. Would you like to accompany us?"


Male Human (Keleshite) Paladin (Sacred Shield/Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 | AC20 T12 F15 CMD16 | HP15/24 | F+8 R+4 W+6 | Init+2 | Per+0

Perception (+4 for hidden/to overhear, +2 additional for traps): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (8) + 17 = 25

"Perhaps if you come with us, we can show you how to find what you are after?"

Ninja'd while I typed up the die roll!

101 to 150 of 781 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Four Pharaohs of Ascension - Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.