Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Four Pharaohs of Ascension (Inactive)

Game Master Peanuts


51 to 100 of 781 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 6; AC 13, flat-footed 11, touch 13; HP 38/38; Init +2; Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +9; Perception +12

"Sorry, I was distracted," Zanos replied.

Hmm... I guess I should stop thinking about our intriguing guide, he thought.

Turning to Halistar, the sage sorcerer said with a smile, "Lead on!"

Osirion

Female Ifrit Druid 6: AC 20, FF 14, touch 16; HP 42/42; Init +8(+11Desert); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +9; Perception +11(+14 Desert);SM+3

Lanialiar turned towards Zanos and replied I am not the guide for I am just the wind that flows through your cloak and the sands the roll beneath your feet.

Well met Zanos, our mother approves of the power coursing through your blood. May we hunt well for many moons to come. Lanialiar acknowledges Seneb in a manner when two predators would cross path and acknowledge each other's powress before walking off.

You seem to have a unique blood. It is unlike those that spilled on the desert sands before you. If the chance presents itself, I wish to taste your blood to understand it. Lanialiar smiled.


Male Aasimar (Musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 6 AC:18, Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +6 . . . Perception+9
Meriui bin Mircea wrote:
The human who walked out the door not a full minute ago returns, with a sheepish expression on his face, though he avoids looking at the ifirt. "Halistar? What would you like for me to do to help prepare? Where, and when, should we meet? I . . . I shouldn't have forgotten to focus on our task that quickly."

"Well, we are going to an auction, so we should probably get some nice looking clothes to wear so that we do not stand out as much," Halistar smirks a bit at that comment, what with having an Aasimar and an Ifrit in the group, "but if fine clothes are not peoples thing, then perhaps a tidying and polishingg of what they have are in order. I would 'suggest' that we be in two groups, with Lanialiar looking like a bodyguard of one, and Mr N'Butu for the other. These are just suggestions though."


Heh, you forgot to change the name when you copied that Lanialiar :p

Whenver you guys are ready to continue just have your characters head out of the room/to bed, and what preparations they're making the next day and I'll move things onto the auction and the actual start of the module :P


Male Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 6; AC 13, flat-footed 11, touch 13; HP 38/38; Init +2; Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +9; Perception +12

Zanos looked askance Lanialiar. "Um, we'll see."

To Halistar he said, "My clothes look just fine to me. Otherwise, let's be about it!"


Male Human (Keleshite) Paladin (Sacred Shield/Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 | AC20 T12 F15 CMD16 | HP15/24 | F+8 R+4 W+6 | Init+2 | Per+0

"Well, I think I understand the goal of hiding our numbers, but we'll be harder pressed to make combined decisions about which artifacts, if any, to try to purchase, and we would need to bid against ourselves in order to hide the relationship, making the money spend faster than it should, otherwise. If that's how you want to proceed, we can, but I'm not sure it best serves our financial needs."

Osirion

Female Ifrit Druid 6: AC 20, FF 14, touch 16; HP 42/42; Init +8(+11Desert); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +9; Perception +11(+14 Desert);SM+3

I do not understand this thing you call auction. And I am not this thing called bodyguard. I am Lanialiar Mistress of the Desert Moon.. Any moment in this enclosed place suffocates me for the desert calls for me. I will be there tomorrow.

Lanialiar walks out of the room, a tangible decrease in the room temperature was felt when she left.

Oh Yeah sorry about that...cut and paste lol...


Male Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 6; AC 13, flat-footed 11, touch 13; HP 38/38; Init +2; Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +9; Perception +12

"Good point, Meriui. Perhaps we should just all work together at the auction," Zanos said.

Turning to Lanialiar before she left, he added, "Good evening, lady."

Zanos looked at the others, "Good evening."

With that, the sorcerer departed for his temporary quarters in the Lodge.


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6

Algharud lifts an eyebrow questioning Lanialiar. Goodberry? What is this?


Well good thing I saved this post. I submitted it a couple hours ago but apparently the post got eaten...

The auction house is a large white pavilion, hidden among dozens just like it, each contributing to the endless maze of tents littering the Malhitu Bazaar. Inside, rows of brightly woven carpets encircle a wooden stage topped with a garish podium. Standing on the stage is a well-to-do looking man, while 7 lightly armored men flank the stage.

Remember, please only look at these spoilers if you make the check.

DC 14 Knowledge (local) check:
The man on the stage is Kemesarian, a well-known antiquities fence with a reputation to restricting his activities to genuine artifacts. The seven men are his crew of zealous eunuchs.

The auction is packed with people hailing from all walks of life, though some distinguish themselves from the crowd around them, either by their dress and manner, or by the number of non-descript armed men surrounding them.

Towards the front is a well dressed man with a lavender cloak, and a jewel-topped staff, seated next to him is a shorter, bland looking man. Flanking the pair are six apparently unarmed and unarmored men who nevertheless seem to be fairly competent in keeping the surrounding crowd from jostling their employers. By the group’s clothing and manner one would suspect they are of Chelish origin.

A group of seven guards identifies another player, though the guards this time wear chainmail and have falchions at their belt, and are mostly focused on a large chest. A tall figure stands in front of the chest, waiting with a bored look for the auction to begin.

DC 12 Knowledge (local) check:
This man is known as the Crook Bearer, and is a prominent collector of notorious repute, with a large private collection.

As you scan around, lurking rather noticeably near one of the exits across the tent is a large, powerful looking, green-skinned half orc, wearing a bronze colored breastplate, and leaning on what looks at this distance to be the lid from a sarcophagus.

DC 28 Perception:
Significantly less obtrusive than his companion, nevertheless your keen vision picks out the petite form of a lightly armored Halfling peeking from behind the sarcophagus lid. You also notice that the lid the half-orc has seems to have a narrow slit cut in it across the pictured being’s neck.

Before too long the man on the stage steps forwards and the crowd settles down as the auction begins.

”Welcome today kind sirs to this auction. We have a number of pieces for sale, something to pique anyone’s interest I am sure, all recently discovered, scattered amongst the sands… As usual, if you wish to examine the item more closely, then please approach the stage and ask to do so.” he begins, his voice surprisingly high pitched. “The first item up for auction today is a Stone figurine, it’s delicate features having admirably lasted the test of time. We will start the bidding at 15 gold pieces.”

As the man speaks a slave brings the item in question onto the stage, holding it up for all to see. The figurine is of a slumbering noblewoman with her arms crossed, resting upon an intricate staff.

DC 15 Appraise:
The statue is of moderate value, worth no more than 40gp

This section might be a bit slow. To make things simpler if you’re interested in buying an item then post your character bidding, and then ooc let me know the most you want to spend, and make an ability check with your best mental stat. We’ll work from there, if your max bid is not enough to secure the item then you’ll be given a last chance to up it before bidding closes.


Male Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 6; AC 13, flat-footed 11, touch 13; HP 38/38; Init +2; Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +9; Perception +12

Kn-Local 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

Appraise 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

"Unless it's magic, the statue's only worth about 40 gold," Zanos whispered to the others.

Zanos narrowed his eyes as the statue came up. Making sure that he and his fellow teammates are within 60 feet of the stage, he cast detect magic.


Male Aasimar (Musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 6 AC:18, Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +6 . . . Perception+9

Halistar will have cast the Message spell before entering the auction house

Knowledge:Local: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Knowledge:Local: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Perception : 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Appraise : 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

" I will bid 15 gold." Halistar says, his Emerald eyes glinting.

Halistar will spend up to 45 gold to aquire this item, although if it goes over 35, it will be from his funds, and not the stipend.
Charisma Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


Male Human (Keleshite) Paladin (Sacred Shield/Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 | AC20 T12 F15 CMD16 | HP15/24 | F+8 R+4 W+6 | Init+2 | Per+0

Dice:
Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Perception: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21 (I assume nothing is specifically hidden about the statue)
Appraise: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

WOW those dice SUCKED!

Meriui steps up to the stage to examine the statue, takes his turn, and steps back with the rest of the group. Zanos makes his comment and Halistar opens the bidding. Meriui nods knowingly while beginning to internally question the authenticity of the statue.


With your previous roll you can look at the first local check Halistar. Who's he casting message on?

The slave and item he is carrying are completely non-magical, most of the people you have already picked out have at least some magical auras about them but would require additional attention to pick out what they might be.

If everyone wants to post their approximate location (all in a group together, are you trying to get close to the other people of interest, avoiding any of them etc, close to the stage, towards the back, etc), and make their rolls before I continue with the auction.

The Perceptino check is not for the statue. and I think I got you beat Meriui, on one of my character's last post I rolled... 5, 1 , 8, 1, 1, 6, 14


Male Aasimar (Musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 6 AC:18, Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +6 . . . Perception+9

Halistar casts it on everyone; it is 1 creature per level, and lasts 10 minutes per level. He will be as far away from the chelaxian looking people as possible, while still being within a good veiwing distance of the stage.

By the way, how much can I know about the peoples of which I made the checks?


Male Human (Keleshite) Paladin (Sacred Shield/Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 | AC20 T12 F15 CMD16 | HP15/24 | F+8 R+4 W+6 | Init+2 | Per+0
Venture-Captain Norden Balentii wrote:
The Perceptino check is not for the statue. and I think I got you beat Meriui, on one of my character's last post I rolled... 5, 1 , 8, 1, 1, 6, 14

Well, if it was a hidden trap (giving me all potential bonuses), the rolled 4 would become a 27, still below the 28 DC.

To be clear, I don't expect my luck to be either the best or worst, ever. Doesn't keep me from crowing or whining lie everybody else, anyway, though. <g>

Meriui will be with our group, but on the stage-side of the group, as he plans to step up and examine each item as it is presented. Other than acknowledging the presence of the Chelaxian "opposition", he has little concern about proximity to the other potential bidders.


Hmm, didn't know it was multiple creatures, thought it was just the one. As for how much you know that's all the relevant info for now, you probably know some more info about them but nothing important, unless there was something you specifically wanted to know about?


Male Aasimar (Musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 6 AC:18, Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +6 . . . Perception+9

no, that's fine, just wondering

Osirion

Female Ifrit Druid 6: AC 20, FF 14, touch 16; HP 42/42; Init +8(+11Desert); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +9; Perception +11(+14 Desert);SM+3

Lanialiar arrived to the auction. She drew a hood around her face so as not to cause a commotion with her horns yet. However she cannot hide the heat she brings along with her as the people around her starting sweating profusely and cursing the heat.

Knowledge:Local: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19
Knowledge:Local: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9
Perception : 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23 I am assuming this is not considered desert
Appraise : 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10

Osirion

Female Ifrit Druid 6: AC 20, FF 14, touch 16; HP 42/42; Init +8(+11Desert); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +9; Perception +11(+14 Desert);SM+3

Lanialiar sensed that the 7 men on stage are different, the scent is strange for these men it seems something is missing from their body parts. Lanialiar knew of such things but no creatures in the animal kingdom would debase their primal Instinct unless they are of unsound mind. Lanialiar snarled under her hood and decided that should an opportunity arise she would deal with such abominations.

Turning her attention away from these men, she looked at the rest of the crew bidding and evaluating the items. She do not understand such things as in the world she knew, if any creature wishes to have something they would challenge the other creature for it either by a show of force or a staredown or sometimes a fight to the death if 2 predators cannot exist together.

She decided she will just let the men play their games while she will wait. Hopefully the 7 abominations would do something silly..


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6

Perception:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

As Algharud knows, that all Chelaxians are black mages and evil witches, he stands closely to those he is charged to protect and keeps a hand on his falchion at all times.

He apparently seems to have no interest in the stone statue, as it is of no use in the wild and in combat.


Nope, not desert :)

The group congregates in the middle of the crowd, about 60 degrees clockwise from the Chelaxian group. As she watches Lanialiar realizes that in a way this was a show of force, the bidders attempting to claim the prize through intimidation and superiority.

Halistar's initial bid is quickly raised by the Chelaxian group, with the lavender cloaked, staff bearing man making the bids, He drops out after only a few bids however as the price continues to quickly escalate.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Another party, one that did not stick out quite as much at the start joins the bidding, this one with but a single 'guard' with him, though he is finely dressed and has an impressive bearing.

Halistar (his previous check was enough):
You suspect that, by the dirty looks he's giving the Crook Bearer, and your own knowledge of the local antiquities scene, that this is the Arch Docent, curator of the Sothis Exhibitory, the two of them have something of a rivalry when it comes to collecting Osirion artifacts...

The new bidder makes a weak showing, but still manages to drive the price up well over what Zanos identified as the 'true' value of the item, the Crook Bearer's final bid hanging in the air at 180gp. The older man looks over in your direction, frowning slightly from behind his screen of guards.

If you don't wish to up the bid then it will go to the Crook Bearer.

As the proverbial hammer goes down the slave bearing the statue slowly steps down from the stage, while the auctioneer congratulates the successful bidder.

-=-=-=-=-=-

"Next up we have a collection of eleven carvings, made from veinstone, a material favoured by the Ancient Pharaohs. Bidding will start at 50 gold pieces"

Another slave brings out a tray displaying 11 circular carved stones of a light-green color rippled with fissures of dark green. The stones are identical in size and shape, the only differences seeming to be in the speckling of the stones, and the darker veins running through them.

DC 15 Appraise:
The stone was much favored by Ancient Osirion as a rare and precious material, almost sacred. You’d value it at 200 gp

DC 10 Knowledge (geography):
Such a stone does not originate in Osirion, but instead is only available hundreds of miles to the north in areas of Numeria and the River Kingdoms. It is mostly considered an interesting form of rock, though it is quite dense.

The Chelaxian man appears a little more interested this time, gesturing lazily to the man beside him, who moves forward and takes his turn alongside Meriui to examine the stones more closely, returning and speaking quietly with his master, who puts forth an opening bit of 60gp.


Male Aasimar (Musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 6 AC:18, Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +6 . . . Perception+9

no further bid

Appraise : 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Knowledge:Geography: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

"I will go for 75 gold, they look intriguing." Halister says after looking closer at them.

Halister will go as high as 400 gold, unless the Chelaxians seem to want them, then he will take it to 600.

By the way, if someone else thinks that a bid should go higher, feel free to bid as well

Osirion

Female Ifrit Druid 6: AC 20, FF 14, touch 16; HP 42/42; Init +8(+11Desert); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +9; Perception +11(+14 Desert);SM+3

Appraise : 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5
Knowledge:Geography: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27 I am assuming it came from the desert

I have seen such stones in the desert before

Sensing the other group intimidation, Lanialiar instinctively removed her hood and hold her chin up high puff up her chest.


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6

Algharud seems skeptical and nervous.

If these devil-lovers have interest in an item, maybe it's to use it for their foul magics! Maybe we should prevent them from taking...

Given the crowd and the new situation with the Chelaxians around, Algharud has even lost his appetite for candy...

Wait a moment here...

Algharud slowly goes through the crowd to spy on the Chelaxians, hoping to hear something useful with his distrustful ears...


Male Human (Keleshite) Paladin (Sacred Shield/Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 | AC20 T12 F15 CMD16 | HP15/24 | F+8 R+4 W+6 | Init+2 | Per+0

Meriui examines the pieces, looking at each one in turn, even if they seem to be otherwise identical, looking for a difference that might, well, MAKE a difference in his mind . . ..

Appraise: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
Knowledge (Geography): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

Ah, THAT's MUCH better!

Leaning in conspiratorialy to share information with the group, Meriui will speak very lowly. "At the glance I can find nothing truly special or unique about these pieces, other than the stone they are made from. It was imported from the North, and considered extremely precious by the Pharoahs. These SHOULD go for around 200 for the set. Without direct manipulation, I can't tell if they have any secrets to yield to further study, though."


Male Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 6; AC 13, flat-footed 11, touch 13; HP 38/38; Init +2; Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +9; Perception +12

Zanos lost interest in the bidding, instead focusing on the other bidders.

"I'd rather find such treasures myself, instead of purchasing them," he said to no one in particular.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Osirion

Female Ifrit Druid 6: AC 20, FF 14, touch 16; HP 42/42; Init +8(+11Desert); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +9; Perception +11(+14 Desert);SM+3

Seeing Algharud trying to get closer to the group, Lanialiar smiled.
I can see him from a mile away

Lanialiar gave a playful look at Zanos before pulling her hood back on and walked away from the group. She walked into the a dark corner behind the auction stage and she took out a piece of feather and begin to murmur druidic words. Ensuring no one is around

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

She begin transforming as her bones begin to shrink and her horns contracting back as feathers begin to grow and her eyes enlarged and a beak was formed. The clothes also started fprming together with her being except the hood she was wearing begin to sag and hollowed out during the transformation. An owl walked out of the pile of cloak and started flying up to one of the beams on top of the auction house.

The owl flew to a beam directly above the group of chelaxians.

Perception:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

Sense motive 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Stealth 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Lanialiar cast wild shape and changed into a tiny owl.


Wow, okay, a bunch of things going on... In the interests of keeping things moving I'm going to roll some checks for you guys, I may do this periodically to keep things moving swiftly. I will also be rolling everyone's initiatives when we get to combat.

Halistar's Charisma check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Spoiler:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Algharud's Stealth check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Algharud's Perception check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Lanialiar, the tent is full of people, and quite open, there's not really somewhere inside it that you'd think you could get away with turning into a bird without being noticed, the area behind the stage has a couple of guards (2 of the seven flanking the stage) and a curtained off section where the slaves are coming and going from with the auction items.

You also can only shift into a small or medium animal at this stage, you're effectively only a fourth level druid as far as wild shape is concerned. I'm also not sure how familiar you'd be with an owl anyway living in the desert :p

It seems there are a number of interested parties this time, The Crook Bearer, Arch Docent, the Chelaxian and Halistar all quickly bidding atop each other, the auctioneer have to squash his own elation as he happily accepts the bids, for several long moments Halistar holds the bid at 600gp, but a desperate Arch Docent pushes home a bid of 690gp which seems to dissuade the Chelaxian and Crook Bearer, and the bid closes.

The crowd murmurs excitedly, hardly anyone sparing the impressive horns of Lanialiar a glance when they are briefly revealed, though there are several who stare despite the ferocious bidding war, ensuring a lack of privacy within the tent to transform.

Lanialiar & Zanos:
Just as Lanialiar is considering stepping outside the tent to transform she spies a new arrival to the auction, Zanos' idle gaze picking her up a moment later; a frustrated looking woman who's face seems oddly familiar, she bears more than a passing resemblance to the woman depicted in the statue so recently purchased by the Crook Bearer.

This should be interesting... :D

Algharud:
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

As Algharud approaches the chelaxians he is followed by a string of curses,and elbows as he stumbles his way from toe to cloak hem. When he looks up to check his progress he finds the way ahead blocked by two of the unarmed guards, formerly surrounding the chelaxian pair, now glaring at Algharud. Though his presence has most definitely been noticed, with the two guards drawn away he spies past them an odd item, one he has likely never seen before, propped up against a pack at the foot of the bland one of the pair.

Osirion

Female Ifrit Druid 6: AC 20, FF 14, touch 16; HP 42/42; Init +8(+11Desert); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +9; Perception +11(+14 Desert);SM+3

Lanialiar frowns when she saw a woman walking into the auction tent. By the Old Magic, the statue woman has just came to life. What manner of magic is this? Being able to change into a stone is something Our Mother has not taught me... Lanialiar cursed softly in druidic as she saw Zanos's puzzled look on his face too.

I know just trying my luck lol. apologies next time should put the gameplay post in spoiler if unsure.


Male Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 6; AC 13, flat-footed 11, touch 13; HP 38/38; Init +2; Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +9; Perception +12

Zanos subtly indicated a woman entering the auction to the others.

"Um, doesn't that lady resemble the statue that was just auctioned off?"


Male Aasimar (Musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 6 AC:18, Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +6 . . . Perception+9

Ah, I knew that I had forgotten something


Male Human (Keleshite) Paladin (Sacred Shield/Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 | AC20 T12 F15 CMD16 | HP15/24 | F+8 R+4 W+6 | Init+2 | Per+0

"Hammm?" Meriui glances in the direction of the indicated woman, and then does a double take. "She does seem to, yes. Interesting. Do you think she is somehow related, or that the statue was a knock-off?"


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6

As he knows of his near infinite possibilities of talking people into something, Algharud turns away from the guards and goes over to Halistar and Merui again.

He first adresses Halistar. The Chelaxians have a strange item over there, it looks like... description of the strange item Algharud saw. Do you know what this is? I guess we could get it, their guards seem to be feeble midgets.

If Halistar didnt´t seem to know well, what this strange item is, Algharud will ask Merui the same.


Halistar, Meriui and Zanos can make me a knowledge local check when Algharud describes the item

The woman scans over the crowd for a few moments, before her gaze flickers to the stage as the bidding is closed, the Arch Docent happily rubbing his hands. A small frown crossed her features as the slave descends the rear of the platform.

As yet another slave steps forward she does likewise, slipping into the crowd watching the platform until she seems satisfied with the view, needing to get reasonably close, as she is far from the tallest in the crowd. She gets settled just as the item the slave is carrying is revealed, her eyes lighting up.

The slave is bearing a good quality, though relatively simple folder, at Kemesarian's direction he opens the cover to reveal a number of pages of charcoal rubbings, carefully layered with wax paper.

DC 15 Appraise:
The writings from what you can tell appear to be legitimate, you are not given long enough to read them properly, but the brief viewing is enough to pick out several references to the Four Pharaohs, and you would value them at 90gp. If the bidding on the previous two items is any indication however, you'll likely have to up your bid.

Elbowing her way forward to view the rubbings the woman pops up again by the stage, as does the chelaxian minion to view the rubbings. The new arrival makes the first bid, calling out 40gp in a pleasant, though slightly raw voice.


Male Aasimar (Musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 6 AC:18, Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +6 . . . Perception+9

Knowledge:Local: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Appraise : 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Linguistics: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30 <- to check the pages quickly

"Hmmm, interesting, interesting. I will bid 60 gold, no wait, 65 gold". Halistar says, the most interested he has been since the auction started.

Halistar's Charisma Check1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Halistar REALLLYY wants these papers. He will pay up to 150 Gold, going as far 300 GP if the Chelaxians bid.

Edit: wow that charisma check sucked


Male Human (Keleshite) Paladin (Sacred Shield/Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 | AC20 T12 F15 CMD16 | HP15/24 | F+8 R+4 W+6 | Init+2 | Per+0

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Appraise: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
Linguistics: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19 I really like this idea, actually.

Well, I guess 1 out of 3 has to be good enough . . ..

"These rubbings could prove to be useful for preparation purposes, or not. Far too little time looking at them to glean any indication of the value they might provide."

In response to Algharud's description of the strange walking stick, Meriui just shrugs and shakes his head.


Male Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 6; AC 13, flat-footed 11, touch 13; HP 38/38; Init +2; Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +9; Perception +12

Kn-Local 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Appraise 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Wow, pretty sure I made the Kn-Local check!

Zanos completely focused on the item that Algharud pointed out, missing the papers that were currently being auctioned off.


Zanos:
The item Algharud describes does indeed ring a bell for Zanos. He remembers a story about such an item when he was a teen, his mother still alive, and the boy himself just starting to discover his talents. Two men, pathfinders of some standing had been killed by magical attack in the Absalom Lodge, and a third, the protege of one of the men had gone missing, taking with him just such a device. He wracks his mind for a few moments, some names starting to come to him... Kal Tarrow and... a Wand Rifle! He can't seem to recall the two other names, the tale almost 15 years old now...

Spoiler:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

The bidding is a bid more relaxed this time, the Crook Bearer, Arch Docent and Chelaxian sitting out on this one, though a group of older men, scholars or sages of some sort step in in their place bidding over Halistar with 75gp. This is quickly replaced by the new woman, offering 90gp. The sages put their heads together, and follow it up with 110gp, and then when Halistar outbids them up it to 130gp, their heads bowed close together. When Halistar drops the 150gp bid they have a hurried discussion, before falling silent, the woman doing likewise, though she looks over in Halistar's direction with a considering look as he wins the auction.

The first slave returns this time, displaying a scattering of 7 ancient coins.

DC 15 Appraise:
The coins seem to date back to the same time as most of the other items of this auction, that of the Four Pharaohs of Ascension. The collection would be worth around 65gp


Male Aasimar (Musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 6 AC:18, Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +6 . . . Perception+9

Appraise : 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

"21 Gold"

Halistar this time will take the bid up to 77 gp, possibly 91 gp

Charisma check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6

Algharud stands dutifully besides his comrades. He keeps an eye on the Chelaxians and tries to make out only the slightest evidence that could justify crossing blades with them.


Male Aasimar (Musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 6 AC:18, Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +6 . . . Perception+9

Halistar quietly whispers to Algharud "Now is not the time for hostilities. We are in a public place, with eyes upon us, Only if the physically or magically atttack one of us should we cross blades here."

Osirion

Female Ifrit Druid 6: AC 20, FF 14, touch 16; HP 42/42; Init +8(+11Desert); Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +9; Perception +11(+14 Desert);SM+3

Appraise: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4

Lanialiar looks bored. She longs to be back in the desert instead of standing in such a crowded place trying to win items that seem worthless to her.

She is definitely interested to ask the woman to teach her how to morph into a stone though..


Male Human (Keleshite) Paladin (Sacred Shield/Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 | AC20 T12 F15 CMD16 | HP15/24 | F+8 R+4 W+6 | Init+2 | Per+0

Appraise: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

"Coins? They are nice for collections, but they are unlikely to be of any use for understanding or exploring the site. I wouldn't bother."


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6

Yes, I know. Maybe they ambush us on the way back if we buy the right things at this auction...

Algharud nevertheless keeps looking at the Chelaxians.


Male Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 6; AC 13, flat-footed 11, touch 13; HP 38/38; Init +2; Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +9; Perception +12

Algharud," Zanos said quietly, but loud enough for all his companions to hear.

"I think that item the Chelaxians have is a 'Wand Rifle'. I would infer that it's a dangerous weapon."

Turning his attention to the auction, Zanos did his best to estimate the coins' worth.

Appraise: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6

I'm not afraid. Nethys protects me from evil magic. No strange magic weapon can possibly be stronger than Nethys' protection. I'm not afraid.

DC 8 Sense Motive:
Algharuds slightly shaking hands and the trembling of his lips betray him. He indeed is a bit afraid of the strange wand rifle, but more so like a cornered rat - he would rather kill those Chelaxians than run away from them.


The bidding on the coins is fairly dull, a couple of local noblemen seem interested and make a few bids, as does the Arch Docent, the Chelaxian however after Halistar makes a few bids seems to show the most interest.

Spoiler:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

DC 20 Sense Motive:
You suspect from his bidding so far that he has little actual interest in this item, but is simply bidding to tweak your nose, so to speak.

The Chelaxian eventually takes the item for 120gp, sitting back and relaxing as he waits for the next item.

-=-=-=-=-=-

The cycle of slaves continues, bearing a heavy stone tube, it’s outer surface, showing hints of carvings has been blasted clean by exposure to sand, though it appears to be otherwise intact. As the interested parties approach, the slave uncaps the tube and carefully withdraws some ancient papyrus scrolls. There are 11 of them and they seem to have fared better than the tube, upon the delicate papers are… confusing patterns of symbols and numbers, strange equations.

DC 20 Appraise:
These scrolls are incredibly mathematically complex writings and equations, you notice a number of references to astrological bodies. You couldn’t hope to decipher them in the time you have to look the scrolls over, but they could prove quite valuable to a scholar or sage capable of deciphering them, and you believe these could be worth as much as 850gp.

The Chelaxian's minion examines the scrolls and heads back over to his master, a little faster than previously, their heads bowing together, but their conversation lasting longer than the few exchanged words previously. As the Kemesarian is about to start the bidding the Chelaxian stands and approaches the stage, gesturing for the auctioneer's attention. The Kemesarian frowns deeply, but approaches the man, looking slightly nervous. After a brief exchange of whispers, he gestures for the slave to bring the tube over again, while the crowd murmurs at the disruption. After the Chelaxian examines the items for a few moments there is another heated discussion, a variety of emotions passing over the auctioneer's face before he makes an effort to smooth his features, while the Chelaxian walks casually back over to his seat.

DC 13 Sense Motive:

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
*snorts* wow that's a bad roll...
You see through the newly identified Paracount's poorly feigned indifference, there is something about these scrolls he wants…

"It seems there is a dispute over this item's authenticity, the respected Paracount has informed me he believes the item to be a fake." the Kemesarian announces in his high-pitched voice, obviously fighting against anger and embarrassment as he does so. He clears his throat heavily before continuing "Do I have any offers on this item...?" Silence reigns as the smug looking Julistar reclines in his seat.

Halistar can have a +2 circumstance bonus to this role, having originated from Cheliax

DC 19 Knowledge (local):
With the Chelaxian's title of minor nobility revealed you are able to place the nagging sense of familiarity from this man to a name; Paracount Julistar, demicardinal of Asmodeus and the Curator of the Grand Athenaeum, Thrune's most prestigious museum. He is a dedicated Osiriontologist whose passion for archaeology is matched only by his lust for power. His position allows the marrying of these two goals in the service of his Queen, her Infernal Majestrix of Cheliax.


Male Human (Keleshite) Paladin (Sacred Shield/Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 | AC20 T12 F15 CMD16 | HP15/24 | F+8 R+4 W+6 | Init+2 | Per+0

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Appraise: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

"These could be very important, if we are able to take the time to translate them properly. I have little doubt as to their authenticity. I begin to doubt this Paracount actually knows what he's doing, though. These should go for nearly 1,000 coin. I have a couple of hundred I can contribute to the cause."


Male Aasimar (Musetouched) Bard (Archivist) 6 AC:18, Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +6 . . . Perception+9

Sense Motive : 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Appraise : 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Sense Motive : 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Knowledge:Local: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29

Halistar looks directly at the Paracount."Far be it for me to disbelieve an 'obvious' expert in this field as to their worthlessness, but i believe that even a forgery tells something useful. I will bid 50 gold pieces."

Charisma check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Halistar will gladly outbid any offer on this item, going as far as 1500 gold pieces. If the Chelaxians bid, he will, in a polite tone, insult their poor sportsmanship in trying to artificially lower the price, then grab it for a pittiance.

Can you guess that he does not like them?

51 to 100 of 781 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Four Pharaohs of Ascension - Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.