Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Falcon's Hollow Adventures - PBP Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master GM Idyll


301 to 328 of 328 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Still need Firebeard's action.


HP 25/25 AC 15 Touch 15 Flat 12; flurry unarmed +4/+4(1d6+3/1d6+3); shuriken +3/+3 (1d2+3/1d2+3); grapple +8; F +5 R +5 W +5 INIT +2 Perc +8 CMB +6 CMD 17

Sorry I was without internet yesterday.

Firebeard stepped forward and lashed out again, this time focusing on the point where the head met the abdomen. The dwarf's crushing blows pounded in on the spider, and Firebeard smiled grimly at the feel of fist on chitin.

Spoiler:

5' in

flurry 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

flurry 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Firebeard's fists lay into the beast - he kills it with the first blow he lands, but he continues attacking anyway. When he is done, the spider is completely destroyed.

You each earn 100XP - anybody been keeping up with XP? Where are you now?

Now that the room is clear, you take a look around the room. There are various crates and barrels around the perimeter. The stairs leading up look pretty rough. It looks as if they could collapse if not ascended carefully.


HP 25/25 AC 15 Touch 15 Flat 12; flurry unarmed +4/+4(1d6+3/1d6+3); shuriken +3/+3 (1d2+3/1d2+3); grapple +8; F +5 R +5 W +5 INIT +2 Perc +8 CMB +6 CMD 17

I believe that puts us at 600XP

"Be careful abou' th' stairs. They be treacherous lookin'. Think we need t' be goin' up?"


Male Half-Elf Fighter (Lore Warden) 1

Let's examine these crates and barrels before proceeding any further. There might be some clues for us to uncover.


Elf Wizard (Conjuration) 3/ Hp: 26/26 Init: +4; Perception +10(+12); AC 12(16)/12/10(14); F+2, R+3, W+4; CMD: 14

Yes, let's search the crates. I'm always up for a bit of looting, Berenwyr says with a sly wink. As for the stairs, if they're too rickety, perhaps we could stack the crates and barrels high enough to reach the top without risking our tender flesh.

Berenwyr begins opening and looking through the assorted containers.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


M Half-Orc Cleric/1st Level

I missed the early tallies, but we have 400 XP from Wolves, Cauldron and Spidah. I don't know what you guys earned prior to this for that nasty, party slaying drake--I could have sworn it was in the thread somewhere. Anyhoo.

Tash bends to assist Berenwyr with the search after wiping the edges of his axe clean of spider goo. "A form of hunting, I suppose, or gathering," he says with a grin, rummaging with some glee.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

"Splendid fisticuffs, Firebeard. In my village, we would say you have the heart of an orc, although I think that particular compliment does not go over well in most dwarven holds," he says, and laughs at his own joke, revealing his tusks.


M Half-Orc Cleric/1st Level

some of these critical skill rolls sure would do nicely during combat...


You examine the creates and only discover a short sword of masterwork quality wrapped in oil cloth in the barrels and containers.

If anyone wants to climb the stairs, please make a Reflex or Acrobatics check.


Elf Wizard (Conjuration) 3/ Hp: 26/26 Init: +4; Perception +10(+12); AC 12(16)/12/10(14); F+2, R+3, W+4; CMD: 14

Berenwyr pulls the shortsword out of the oil cloth. This is a fine blade, expertly balanced if I'm not mistaken. Tidus, Tashtal, can either of you make good use of it?


M Half-Orc Cleric/1st Level

"I do not have a great need for it, and will defer to Tidus. One of us should take it, though," says Tash. He rattles his scale mail and eyes the stairs uneasily.


HP 25/25 AC 15 Touch 15 Flat 12; flurry unarmed +4/+4(1d6+3/1d6+3); shuriken +3/+3 (1d2+3/1d2+3); grapple +8; F +5 R +5 W +5 INIT +2 Perc +8 CMB +6 CMD 17

"looks like i' be me turn fer a climb. Dwarves be good climbers by nature. Made close t' th' ground so's we can grab ont' things. I'll be back in no time."

Firebeard began to climb, placing his hand and feet carefully as he ascended.

acrobatics 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27


Firebeard gingerly - for a dwarf - makes his way up the stairs without causing them - or him - to collapse. Upon reaching the landing at the top of the winding staircase, he is able to see for miles in every direction. To the west, he sees a large mountain, Droskar's Crag. There is little movement and the setting is quite peaceful.

Turning to look down at the courtyard and the monastery, he sees that a portion of the wall is completely destroyed on the eastern side and a rubble of rocks sits to the north. It's possible that there might be an entrance to the monastery through there, in addition to the double doors on the west of the courtyard.

Finally, he spots an old shortbow of masterwork quality, a quiver of sharp arrows, a quiver of blunt arrows and a small, locked strongbox tucked in a corner.

He makes his way back down the group and shares (presumably) what he has seen.

Updated Map


HP 25/25 AC 15 Touch 15 Flat 12; flurry unarmed +4/+4(1d6+3/1d6+3); shuriken +3/+3 (1d2+3/1d2+3); grapple +8; F +5 R +5 W +5 INIT +2 Perc +8 CMB +6 CMD 17

Firebeard grabbed the bow and arrows, along with the strongbox, and climbed back down the tower. He handed the items to Tidus, saying "Thought Ye might get some use o' these. Might come in handy sommat. Looks like there be a fallen wall in back. Might be a better entrance than th' obvious front door. Care t' check I' out?"


Elf Wizard (Conjuration) 3/ Hp: 26/26 Init: +4; Perception +10(+12); AC 12(16)/12/10(14); F+2, R+3, W+4; CMD: 14

A most impressive find, master dwarf! Berenwyr exclaims. He quickly casts detect magic to determine if any of the recovered items (including the short sword) are magical.

I do like the idea of approaching from an alternate entrance, but would still like to examine the well. Which shall we do first?


Male Half-Elf Fighter (Lore Warden) 1

"Thank you, Firebeard. These will certainly come in handy."

Tidus takes the short sword, the short bow and the arrows and fastens them to his mail.

"I would like to investigate the well before proceeding, but I am open to other courses of action."


Nothing you've found appears to be magical.


M Half-Orc Cleric/1st Level

"We are without a lock-pick, aren't we?" Tash raps his fingers on the locked box thoughtfully. "Although, axes are wonderful at opening all sorts of things."


Elf Wizard (Conjuration) 3/ Hp: 26/26 Init: +4; Perception +10(+12); AC 12(16)/12/10(14); F+2, R+3, W+4; CMD: 14
Tashtal ul-Voshnak wrote:
"We are without a lock-pick, aren't we?" Tash raps his fingers on the locked box thoughtfully. "Although, axes are wonderful at opening all sorts of things."

Berenwyr dangles the thieves tools from the corpse's backpack before Tashtal. Lock picks we have. All we lack is the skills to use them. he adds with a gleeful wink.

The wizard makes his way out to the well and strikes his sunrod after tying it to some twine. He then lowers the light down into the well, and looks to see how deep it goes and what, if anything, is at the bottom.


M Half-Orc Cleric/1st Level

"Poor thief. The most important rule of stealing something is: don't get killed while stealing it."

Tash sets the box on the ground and grabs the short sword to see if he can wedge the box open.


Just need a Strength check, Tash.

Lowering the sunrod, you hit water about 30 feet down. You see nothing unusual in the murky light of the well.


Elf Wizard (Conjuration) 3/ Hp: 26/26 Init: +4; Perception +10(+12); AC 12(16)/12/10(14); F+2, R+3, W+4; CMD: 14

Berenwyr ties the twine around the base of the well, then ties the silk rope around as well, and lowers it down.

It's all ready for you, Tidus he calls out. I couldn't see anything from up here, but that doesn't mean that there aren't any mushrooms down there.


M Half-Orc Cleric/1st Level

Str: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Male Half-Elf Fighter (Lore Warden) 1

If we're not in rush, we should just Take 20 on the box, yeah?


M Half-Orc Cleric/1st Level

yeah, thought of that after I posted.

Tash wedges the sword again and takes his time opening the box.


Male Half-Elf Fighter (Lore Warden) 1

Are we waiting on any players for an action? Just curious...


Elf Wizard (Conjuration) 3/ Hp: 26/26 Init: +4; Perception +10(+12); AC 12(16)/12/10(14); F+2, R+3, W+4; CMD: 14

I was curious to see what happens when you climbed down the well, Tidus


M Half-Orc Cleric/1st Level

Idyll is missing.

301 to 328 of 328 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Falcon's Hollow Adventures - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.