Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

The Faeries of Tulia

Game Master Redelia


251 to 274 of 274 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Male Digmaul Magical Beast/Monk 3 (HP:84/84) (AC:25* Touch:15 FF:17) (FORT:+12 REF:+11 WILL:+7)(INIT:+3) (PER:+6)(*+1 dodge bonus against attacks made by creatures at least two size categories smaller)

Good here


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Pseudodragon [ HP: 29/29 | AC: 18 | T: 14 | FF: 16 | Fort +3 / Ref +7 / Will +8 | Init +2 / Percept +10+1d6 (Blindsense 60, Darkvision 60, Low-Light) ]

Good here, too.

As they travel, Azeban ponders what it means for the goblins' development as a tribe that they still executed the traitor. While it was certainly not out of character, nor displaying a level of bloodthirst absent from other civilizations (after all, humans would likely have done the same), Azeban can't help but wonder where their path will lead. Still, it would be good to remove the influence of the Fey and let them forge their own way.

Though he wouldn't be a part of it, Azeban has a sense of excitement for their future, as if standing on the cusp of an adventure. There'd be mistakes made and hardships and death, but also great opportunities for learning and growing. And after all, what else was life really for?

With a smile, he looks up from Alis's shoulder and rubs his face against hers.


Female Samsaran Tattooed Dreamspun Sorcerer 8 | HP 34/34 | AC 16 / T 12 / FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +4 Will +6 | CMB 5 / CMD 17 | Initiative +4 | Perception +12 | Low-light vision | Active Effects: None

Alis pets Azeban, glad that he is riding with her again. Much as she liked carrying Ollie and his conversation, she just felt like something was missing without Azeban.


Halfling Witch 7 | HP 37/37 | AC 16, touch 12, flat-footed 15 | CMD 12 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +5 | Init +1 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +0

Busara moves with the others.

"Keep those sharp eyes of yours peeled," she says quietly to Brennus. She listens carefully for any sound. She doubts the fey would reveal themselves, but if the human child is out there, he might potentially make some noise.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10


M Magical Raven Familiar Sorcerer 2 1st level: 7/7 | 2nd level: 6/6 | 3rd level: 4/4 | HP 28/28 | AC: 17 T: 15 Fl: 14 | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F +3 R +5 W +10 | Init +3 | Perc: +10

"Always," the raven replies.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27


Venture Agent, Flaxseed Lodge (online)

After you have journeyed for a while, Ollie lifts a finger in a gesture for silence. He then creeps forward, acompanied by any of you who want. He looks around, and then gestures to you. In a small wicker cage, you see a small boy. He looks unharmed, but very scared.


M Magical Raven Familiar Sorcerer 2 1st level: 7/7 | 2nd level: 6/6 | 3rd level: 4/4 | HP 28/28 | AC: 17 T: 15 Fl: 14 | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F +3 R +5 W +10 | Init +3 | Perc: +10

Brennus follows Ollie, flitting between branches, a silent, watchful shadow. When he sees the cage abandoned he redoubles his watch, suspicious of traps when there are no foes in sight.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Stealth: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (12) + 19 = 31


Female Samsaran Tattooed Dreamspun Sorcerer 8 | HP 34/34 | AC 16 / T 12 / FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +4 Will +6 | CMB 5 / CMD 17 | Initiative +4 | Perception +12 | Low-light vision | Active Effects: None

Alis casts Open on the door of the cage, thinking that it might not work, but can't hurt to try. She knows she can step up her game if the cantrip doesn't work. :)


Halfling Witch 7 | HP 37/37 | AC 16, touch 12, flat-footed 15 | CMD 12 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +5 | Init +1 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +0

Bethella looks at the boy and waves to catch his attention. She smiles at him, and then holds a finger over her lips, trying to convey that they are friendly and here to help, but that he should not do anything to reveal their presence.

(On the off chance that the fey aren't hidden and watching already....)

Bluff to convey a message nonverbally: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28


F Human Druid 8 HP: 83/83 | AC: 25 T: 13 FF: 23 | Fort: 10 | Ref: 5 | Will: 9 | Perception +13 Initiative +2

Once she is satisfied that the boy is not in immediate danger, Busara scans their surroundings for any sign of the fey.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19


Male Digmaul Magical Beast/Monk 3 (HP:84/84) (AC:25* Touch:15 FF:17) (FORT:+12 REF:+11 WILL:+7)(INIT:+3) (PER:+6)(*+1 dodge bonus against attacks made by creatures at least two size categories smaller)

Smaxx tries to survey the area by scent for any enemies within the immediate area.

SURV: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19


Venture Agent, Flaxseed Lodge (online)

The cage opens, and the boy in the cage nods to Bethella and sits still.


Female Samsaran Tattooed Dreamspun Sorcerer 8 | HP 34/34 | AC 16 / T 12 / FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +4 Will +6 | CMB 5 / CMD 17 | Initiative +4 | Perception +12 | Low-light vision | Active Effects: None

Alis wonders why the boy isn't coming out, but then sees him nodding to someone behind her, and realizes that someone must have cautioned him not to move. ... They might be right, which was too bad. It would have been so nice if they could just leave and take him home.

... But of course that was unlikely. There could be a spell or trap that would harm him even with the door open. She casts detect magic, and decides she may as well move forward to help. If something goes wrong, she'd rather have it affect her than the boy. She walks forward to the cage, but doesn't touch it or tell the boy to get out until she knows whether it is magical or not.


Venture Agent, Flaxseed Lodge (online)

Alis, when you start to cast, the boy's eyes fill with terror. "Please, no more magic owies!" he asks.

Do you persist?

sense motive, DC 15:
something seems off about the boy's cries. He's scared, but not of what he claims.


Female Samsaran Tattooed Dreamspun Sorcerer 8 | HP 34/34 | AC 16 / T 12 / FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +4 Will +6 | CMB 5 / CMD 17 | Initiative +4 | Perception +12 | Low-light vision | Active Effects: None

Don't worry honey, I'm not going to hurt you. This is a spell that only touches me.

She continues.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

She has no idea that the boy (or not-boy) is dissembling, and doesn't question it.


Venture Agent, Flaxseed Lodge (online)

Alis sees no magic on the cage. However, there is an aura of illusion magic on the boy.


F Human Druid 8 HP: 83/83 | AC: 25 T: 13 FF: 23 | Fort: 10 | Ref: 5 | Will: 9 | Perception +13 Initiative +2

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

"Alis, he doesn't mean the spell. He's scared of something else." Busara whispers after Alis. To the boy, she calls out in a low voice.

"What are you worried about? We are here to take you back home. We won't let anyone hurt you."


Female Samsaran Tattooed Dreamspun Sorcerer 8 | HP 34/34 | AC 16 / T 12 / FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +4 Will +6 | CMB 5 / CMD 17 | Initiative +4 | Perception +12 | Low-light vision | Active Effects: None

Alis responds to Busara:

He's got illusion magic all over him. Honestly, I don't even know if that *is* the boy, and if it is, we probably can't see what he is scared of. I'm going to keep concentrating on figuring out what the magic is... be careful.

Alis doesn't take any action other than continuing to concentrate on the detect magic to see if more details will be revealed with longer study.


Venture Agent, Flaxseed Lodge (online)

Busara:
I think what I wrote was not quite clear. He is scared of the spell, but not in the way he is saying.


Venture Agent, Flaxseed Lodge (online)

Smaxx:
You don't notice any smells except from the boy. Something about the smell coming from him seems a little off, though.


Halfling Witch 7 | HP 37/37 | AC 16, touch 12, flat-footed 15 | CMD 12 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +5 | Init +1 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +0

"Illusion magic?" Bethella says. She approaches the boy more closely and looks at him, trying to discern what's going on.

"It's OK," Bethella says soothingly to the boy. "This spell won't hurt anybody, I'm just making sure you're OK."

She casts Detect Thoughts, and focuses in on the thoughts of the boy. (Will save DC is 15.)


Male Digmaul Magical Beast/Monk 3 (HP:84/84) (AC:25* Touch:15 FF:17) (FORT:+12 REF:+11 WILL:+7)(INIT:+3) (PER:+6)(*+1 dodge bonus against attacks made by creatures at least two size categories smaller)

"Sumthin's goin on here, it don't smell right...

Smaxx decides to put this situation to the test. Smaxx is going to charge the cage to make it look like he is going to attack "the boy", but when he gets within 4' of the cage itself he is going to do a long jump over it.

"Bethella get out of there...It's a trap!!

Smaxx roars and charges "the boy." He keeps full eye contact with his intended prey with the best scowly "I know what you're up to!" face.

Bluff(if applicable): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

When he reaches 3' before the cage he actually long jumps over it.

ACRO: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Long Jump
A long jump is a horizontal jump, made across a gap like a chasm or stream. At the midpoint of the jump, you attain a vertical height equal to one-quarter of the horizontal distance.
If your check succeeds, you land on your feet at the far end. If you fail the check by less than 5, you don’t clear the distance, but you can make a DC 15 Reflex save to grab the far edge of the gap. You end your movement grasping the far edge. If that leaves you dangling over a chasm or gap, getting up requires a move action and a DC 15 Climb check.
Running Jump: For a running jump, the result of your Acrobatics check indicates the distance traveled in the jump (and if the check fails, the distance at which you actually land and fall prone)

Funny how everything works so well out in your head, and then you roll the dice


M Magical Raven Familiar Sorcerer 2 1st level: 7/7 | 2nd level: 6/6 | 3rd level: 4/4 | HP 28/28 | AC: 17 T: 15 Fl: 14 | CMB: +2 CMD: 14 | F +3 R +5 W +10 | Init +3 | Perc: +10

Sorry, had some internet issues

Brennus gives the child a good, hard look, searching for signs of who he really is.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23


Halfling Witch 7 | HP 37/37 | AC 16, touch 12, flat-footed 15 | CMD 12 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +5 | Init +1 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +0

Bethella heeds Smaxx's warning and takes some steps back while maintaining concentration on her Detect Thoughts spell.

251 to 274 of 274 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Faeries of Tulia Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.