Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


The enemy of my enemy is my friend

Game Master DEWN MOU'TAIN


551 to 600 of 712 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Male Ogier Noble 4 Wanderer 4 Armsman 1

"I am not sure he still lives friend Rhoekk".


Aiel HP 123/80 | AC 26 (T 25, FF 22) | CMD 27 | F +7 | R +12 | W +5 | Init +8 | Per +16

"All the legends say he is longer lived than even the Ogier, and tales of encounters with him have continued even into recent days. It should be possible that he still lives."


Male Ogier Noble 4 Wanderer 4 Armsman 1

RIZZEN:
Did the Dragon tell us that the Green Man was dead when we first met with him? Looking back at the conversation that is what I took from it.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

I am thinking it is logical that if thee are rude ogier they have to come from somewhere else; so it has to be somewhere either east of the Aiel waste or somewhere overseas since no ogier anywhere here is rude.
basically, if all known Ogeir are polite, then these have to be unknown Ogier. So where would Ogier be from that we dont know of other than Darkfriends and we never heard of a darkfriend Ogeir either; so it is logical something new comes with something new. Is just pure logic which may be true or false.

If you want; I can rewrite it if you cant see my point.

RIZZENMAGNUS wrote:
TIME OUT!!! I will rule that it is common knowledge of the armies of Hawkwing going over the sea. But it IS NOT common knowledge that some Ogier went with him. So i will give A'mar a chance to redo his post, but for right now, his last post isn't said. A'mar, feel free to attempt a knowledge history check if you wish.


Female Borderlander Initiate 5 / Aes Sedai 3

I'd be more inclined to believe that any society, even that of Ogier, would have it's black sheep. There's also the possibility of deception, both mundane and one-power based (Compulsion and whatnot). The curator may also just be biasd against Ogier and has already begun talking about 'that abusive jerk Amorial who came in and demanded all kinds of things from him'. Just throwing out other possible trains of thought.


Male Kandor Borderlander Woodsman 1, Armsman 5, Warder 2

Amar, considers that the Library man here , may be a little tyrant of his little hill and may be telling a lie, but the sword itself is bothersome evidence as the peices dont fit to make a whole puzzle


Male Kandor Borderlander Woodsman 1, Armsman 5, Warder 2

Builder, do Ogier smiths make weapons like these? I am thinking not, but someone had to do it. In Kandor, a smith can tell other smith's work; perhaps we could take this to a few weaponsmiths and see what they can tell us. Also, if there are or were Ogier in the city; we can find out what gate they used and how large the party and what they were wearing, maybe the guards talked to them and would have an impression we could compare. We could also find if the left and from which gate and which directon. I believe here Ogier are not so common so should be trackable. Peace! this sword really bothers, I had only heard tell of Axes with long handles. Shall we find other tools of war, Peace! It is my understanding that all Ogier seek Stedding, the thought of Ogier in stedding with swords, Peace! I would know if the Elders know about this and condone it or not.

could this be a Trolloc weapon? Does it look like one?


Male Ogier Noble 4 Wanderer 4 Armsman 1

"If such a weapon is made by any Ogiers I have never seen their like before. My people gave up war and fighting long ago. If we are pressed we will be fearsome but I may be one of the most aggressive of my people I know".


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

amorial, the implication is there, so yes, you can properly imply that the green man is dead

not a trolloc weapon. btw, its an axe and not a sword


Male Kandor Borderlander Woodsman 1, Armsman 5, Warder 2

what says you Tesliin Sedai; how should we move?


Female Borderlander Initiate 5 / Aes Sedai 3

"I believe traveling to Amorial's stedding may be our best option at present."


Male Ogier Noble 4 Wanderer 4 Armsman 1

"I agree that is our best move to accomplish our goal but before we do so I feel it is my duty to confront these rogue Ogiers".


Male Kandor Borderlander Woodsman 1, Armsman 5, Warder 2

When will we leave, how far is this and how will we be traveling there?


Female Borderlander Initiate 5 / Aes Sedai 3

"I would be fine with finding these Ogier. I am most interested where they found that weapon. Shall we leave in the morning? I would expect traveling by horseback, since we are following these Ogier unless Joliar has a better recommendation."


Male Kandor Borderlander Woodsman 1, Armsman 5, Warder 2

unless you have another task for me, I will see to our supplies for the journer

A'mar will wait for Tesliin to give him any special requests and the money to procure then set out to gather foodstuffs such as: waterbags, dried beans and other hardy vegetables and dried meat and meal and spices, pots, pans and tea, and horses and fodder if we dont have them for the journey, perhaps her Ajah has a supply center here or something...


Male Ogier Noble 4 Wanderer 4 Armsman 1

"Do we know for sure that they left the city?"


Male Kandor Borderlander Woodsman 1, Armsman 5, Warder 2

it should be easy to find out; guards and the city leaders would track such comings and goings, I beileve the Aiel here would know as well, they seem alert and repectful of Ogier

Tesliin

Spoiler:

through the link with your warder, you feel his ready confidence and expectation of how to proceed as he looks to you for direction


Female Borderlander Initiate 5 / Aes Sedai 3

"A good point. Let's start then by finding out. Ogier should be unusual enough that their departure would be remembered."


Male Kandor Borderlander Woodsman 1, Armsman 5, Warder 2

I suggest we talk to the Captain of Guards and whoever is in charge of the Aiel peacekeepers; perhaps Rhoekk could tell us of whom to speak or the Captain of Guard certainly could but it may rankle him

I am guessing we go to the guard captains hut/shack/tower


Male Kandor Borderlander Woodsman 1, Armsman 5, Warder 2

When we arrive at the city gate guardpost; I will direct a guard to bring out the Captain or get us an interview

Guard, Tesliin Sedai would speak to your Captain promptly, it is not wise to keep Aes Sedai waiting

I examine the rooftops, windows and alleys and peoples faces as well as the guards for reactions and possible threats


Male Ogier Noble 4 Wanderer 4 Armsman 1

"I will wait here for you and consider what I have learned a bit further. How did your meeting go with this Lord Jareen Rhoekk?"


Aiel HP 123/80 | AC 26 (T 25, FF 22) | CMD 27 | F +7 | R +12 | W +5 | Init +8 | Per +16

"The conversation was unremarkable. He stated that he was unaware of why the grey men might have come to kill him. He used a variety of Old-Tongue colloquialisms I am not familiar with to describe various parties but indicated that no one of significance was amongst the other victims. It is his desire to have one of his servants follow us around and 'Aid' us in our investigation. She was to follow us immediately, but I had no intention of allowing the woman anywhere near any aspect of our search, given that her master may still be a suspect. I told her that we would meet with her in the morning, but promised her nothing further. I suggest that when we see her, we thank her but decline her kind offer."

As for the Aiel protecting the city, they are controlled by the chief of the Red Shields. His name is Juranai, and I suspect he can be found at the palace. He reports to Rhuarc, who along with the Wetlander, Berelain, is presently responsible for the administration of the city."

"Finding out if these Ogier are still in the city should be a simple matter."


Male Kandor Borderlander Woodsman 1, Armsman 5, Warder 2

lets try that first then


Male Kandor Borderlander Woodsman 1, Armsman 5, Warder 2

tell me; what is the significance of clan names like Red Shields; it if of particular meaning?


Male Ogier Noble 4 Wanderer 4 Armsman 1

"What is this Lord Jareen's purpose for offering to help us? To repay a debt? That would be a surprise coming from a Lord of Cairhien. There is likely some other purpose for his interest".


Male Kandor Borderlander Woodsman 1, Armsman 5, Warder 2

Survival I would guess, or group represents several power bases he cannot ignore


Aiel HP 123/80 | AC 26 (T 25, FF 22) | CMD 27 | F +7 | R +12 | W +5 | Init +8 | Per +16

"Even before coming to the wetlands, I would have been suspicious of such an offer. Even amongst wetlanders the Treekillers are reknowned for their use of duplicity and love of intrigue. Nothing positive can come from allowing his representative to interfere with us. At best he might wish to gain knowledge of some secret he can use against a rival and gain advantage. Worse, he could be somehow complicit in what happened at his home, and wishes to misdirect us away from anything that might implicate him. Worst of all, he may wish to eliminate us, and use his proxy to lure us into a trap. As Treekillers have no honour, I would consider nothing to low to be beyond question. As I said, we have no reason to allow it."


Male Kandor Borderlander Woodsman 1, Armsman 5, Warder 2

if you think it wise; perhaps we should ask these Red Shields first of any other Ogier, let us be about it; other plans we can make along the way which will make it harder for any others to overhear


Aiel HP 123/80 | AC 26 (T 25, FF 22) | CMD 27 | F +7 | R +12 | W +5 | Init +8 | Per +16

A'Mar - Sorry, I missed the question about the Red Shields earlier.

"Forgiveness, A'Mar of House Issola; I did not mean to cause confusion. The Red Shields are not a clan, but rather one of our 12 warrior societies. When a man comes of age and decides to dedicate himself to the spear he may join one of 11 societies; the twelfth society is the Maiden's of the Spear, for women who eschew the home and children for the spear. Each society plays a role within the clan, fighting or serving in a particular way. I suppose you might liken them to the units of your wetlander armies. Some of you specialize in bows, or fighting from horseback, or in especially heavy armour. The Red Shields are the Aiel who specialize in keeping the peace. We are like your police, marshals, magistrates, or the like. Other societies, like the iron hands, specialize in fighting empty handed, or like the Maidens usually function as scouts. Each has their place in battle"

"Each tribe has all 12 societies, though when we meet in battle, members of the same society do not fight each other, out of respect. Here in Cairhein, we live under the peace of Rhuiden. The Wise ones have called a halt to all blood feuds between clans, so we all work together for the time being. The Red Shields here come from many different tribes, but we work as a unit as we are the best suited to police this barbaric city."

"We can most certainly ask if these Ogier have been seen. We respect the Alantin greatly, and would have greeted these if they were seen."

Rhoekk will take whoever wishes to come out to find the Red Shield watch commander and ask the appropriate questions about the Ogier. After, we will head to the agreed upon spot to meet Jareen's helper.


Male Kandor Borderlander Woodsman 1, Armsman 5, Warder 2

not knowing what is appropriate response; A'mar nods to Rhoekk and awaits Teslins decision


Female Borderlander Initiate 5 / Aes Sedai 3

Sorry, I must've misread somewhere.

"If we make ourselves known at the palace, it could cost us more time than we earn. It may be best if Rhoekk attends to this matter on his own. Many are not willing to identify one Aiel from another, so less chance of rumors to be spread before we can take advantage of any information gained."


Aiel HP 123/80 | AC 26 (T 25, FF 22) | CMD 27 | F +7 | R +12 | W +5 | Init +8 | Per +16

"If you wish it, I can attend to this easily. Do you wish to meet with this 'assistant' of Lord Jareen's while I am absent? She was most insistent that I at least arrange the meeting. Perhaps she will be more easily dissuaded by an Aes Sedai."

If they do want to meet her, I've give them the location, and either way, I'll speed off to find someone amongst the Red Shields who would know if they Ogier have been seen lately.


Female Borderlander Initiate 5 / Aes Sedai 3

"Of course, I will gladly take care of this meeting."


Male Ogier Noble 4 Wanderer 4 Armsman 1

"I shall stat behind so as not to attract comments such as the Ogier is right there".


Male Kandor Borderlander Woodsman 1, Armsman 5, Warder 2

shall we get out of our party clothes first, I would feel better properly dressed and armored and, perhaps we should set a meeting place and time so we know if there is trouble


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

ok. so just to be clear. Rhoekk is going to check in with the red shield, Tesliin and Amar are meeting with the servant, and Amorial is sitting back at the inn, correct?


Aiel HP 123/80 | AC 26 (T 25, FF 22) | CMD 27 | F +7 | R +12 | W +5 | Init +8 | Per +16

That was my understanding.


Male Ogier Noble 4 Wanderer 4 Armsman 1

Yes, I want to give more thought to what I uncovered and see if it ties to anything else I have ever learned in the past. Should I make a Knowledge Age of Legends check? If so will post it now.
Knowledge Age of Legends - 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (7) + 18 = 25


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

the next morning

Morning comes with a new wave of heat. The heat is so intense inside the rooms that everyone is coated in a layer of sweat. Hair lays slack, wetted to the brow. Water left overnight, is now warm, and doesnt do anything to quench your thirst, nor cool your insides. A hard knock hammers on the door, and a servant walks in unnanounced.

Lords, Lady, Ogier, The mistress of the Inn is asking everyone to go to the first floor. This top floor is much too hot for visitors to stay in. Servants will arrive shortly and help bring your items to the first floor, where rooms have been arranged. Bowing, he turns and leaves.

Walking down the stairs to the first floor for breakfast, you are able to feel the coolness as you go to the lower floors. By the time you reach the first floor, although the temperature difference isnt great, its enough to bring about a momentary flash of goose bumps on your skin.

Breakfast is conducted without much fanfare. Even the servants look weary, as if they didnt sleep well at all. Breakfast is bleak, simple fruits that look a little too long off the vine, and some porridge. Inquires about the food get short responses Its too hot and Get your own food then.

A'mar takes some time, and drinks alot of water. If i am to be in armour today...he finishes with a shrug.

Pleasantries are exchanged, and the group disperses, Rhoekk to talk to the Red Shields, A'mar and Tesliin to meet the servant, and Amorial to sit back at the Inn, pondering what he has learned. Not sure if Jolair is still with us, so im leaving him out, but i will allow him to jump in with any group should he choose. If he makes no comment, then i will write him out


Male Tar Valoner Human Wilder 5/Asha'man 3

Joliar simply sits with the Ogier, enjoying the relative coolness of the inn. An interesting couple of days, isn't it Master Ogier?

I've been lurking regularly but I haven't had much to contribute. Sorry. I'll try to be more proactive with my posts even if I've nothing "important" to say.


Male Ogier Noble 4 Wanderer 4 Armsman 1

Amorial looks to Joliar, "Yes this is all very strange. I am surprised by this heat it is almost worse then the middle of the summer. These rude Ogiers bother me greatly, from where did they come and why are they here asking such strange questions".


Male Tar Valoner Human Wilder 5/Asha'man 3

Despite the heat, there didn't seem to be a drop of sweat on Joliar's face. He chuckeld at Amorial's words. I have many Asha'man brothers whom most would call rude.

Composure not to sweat: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31


Male Ogier Noble 4 Wanderer 4 Armsman 1

"I mean no offense to you my friend but does the One Power not make men mad? I am sure if I were holding my mind intact by force of will alone I too would be rude".


Aiel HP 123/80 | AC 26 (T 25, FF 22) | CMD 27 | F +7 | R +12 | W +5 | Init +8 | Per +16

Rhoekk looks around a little bewildered as they are shuffled down from the top level room. "Too hot? Too hot for what? I wonder what you wetlanders will do if a real heat ever arrives in this damp land." He looks over at the others present, "Do wetlanders burst into flames on hot days?" He bursts into laughter at this thought; a deep belly laugh that booms from the tall man. When he sees no one else laughing, he calms himself, but retains his smile, and wipes a tear from one eye.

"I suppose I should be off to find out what I can about these rude Ogier. Be sure to keep a bucket of sand handy while I'm gone, lest anyone burn to death!"

Rhoekk straps on his buckler, and tucks his spears behind his quiver as usual. He then sets out the front of the inn, and down the street at a run, heat or no heat.


Female Borderlander Initiate 5 / Aes Sedai 3

Irritation flows through the bond to A'mar, though no signs of it shows on the Aes Sedai's face. "We too should be quick about our task. And how do you plan to act today, Master Joliar?"


Male Tar Valoner Human Wilder 5/Asha'man 3

Why the same way you will Mistress Tesliin. All cool calm and poise.


Female Borderlander Initiate 5 / Aes Sedai 3

She nods to the Asha'man. "The help may be appreciated. If she is foolish enough to ignore the request of an Aes Sedai, then I am sure you could be of some use. Come A'mar." With that, Tesliin heads out, not waiting to see if Joliar follows.


Male Tar Valoner Human Wilder 5/Asha'man 3

Joliar shrugs to Amorial as he gets up to follow Tesliin. I don't know what gives her the illusion of authority more. That she's a woman or that she's an Aes Sedai? Be safe, friend.


Male Kandor Borderlander Woodsman 1, Armsman 5, Warder 2

A'mar, fully armored now and in his shifting cloak, eats a hearty breakfast quickly and fills a watersack as you never know when the next meal will come, he more cheerful than normal having had a easy nights rest.

you think this is hot; the Blight is worse, much worse as is the Aiel Waste

Ready when Tesliin is ready; he quickly moved to the door to go out first, scans for threats.

are we walking Tesliin Sedai? a carriage may be more uncomfortable but indeed safer


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

give me a little bit, i have a farily large post i am writing to detail the next step

551 to 600 of 712 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / A murky solution (a Wheel Of Time Thread) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.