Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

The enemy of my enemy is my friend

Game Master DEWN MOU'TAIN


1 to 50 of 712 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass leaving memories that become legend, then fade to myth, and are long forgot when that Age comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose within the Aiel Waste. The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.

Flowing out from Haddock Mirk, the breeze picks up the stench of death and decay, and carries it along its course. Breezing through the farmlands of southern Cairhein, peasents stop and wrinkle their face at the sodden smell. Whispering a prayer to the Creator, they bend over and continue their tasks, sowing the fields and tending livestock.

Gliding across the ground, the wind changes directions, as if it is avoiding the city of cairhein itself. The long tail prairie grasses bend under the breeze, startling ground critters near and far.

North and west it travels, flowing over small villages and towns, causing hung laundry to flap and flail, some even unclip and fall onto the dry, dusty earth. Cows and pigs snort and bellow at this sickly scented wind.

North and west. As if driven by someones hand, the wind holds true. It flows across more land, until finally it flows through a spot that seems to have recently known death on a grand scale. The wind circles the perimeter, dead mens shirts and banners wave in the breeze. Over bodies, men and women, whose glazed eyes stare up at the sky. Flowing inward, it passes over a more horrific scene of war, a war conducted with the one power. A large circle, 10 feet high, and 12 strides deep, stands as a testement to this use of power. This wall is of death, for mutilated bodies form it. The circle makes a large perimeter surrounding the remnants of a camp. Wagons, once burning, are now extingushed and smoulder. Graves are being dug for people of importance.

The breeze now blows through this large encampment, and men in black jackets, some with pins in their colars, snort as the smell assails their noses. The wind moves past women kneeling, all dressed in fine clothing, all looking shocked at something that had just happened. The smell of death doesnt register with them, for they are dealing with something far worse...
...they are shielded by the men in black jackets.

Into this camp walks a strange group. 5 figures, 2 men in the black jackets with pins in the colar, a woman wearing fine clothing with an outraged look to her face, a swordsman following the woman whose eyes dart between the two men in the black jackets, and a rarity; an Ogier, walking with a large staff in hand. Onlookers can clearly see that the two men in black, those Asha'man, are escorting the three others.

Feel free to interact amongst yourself, introductions and what not, but remember, this setting is unfolding directly after the battle of Dumani Wells, where the Dragon has just made Aes Sedai bend knee to him, and he has shown the world the asha'man.


Male Tar Valoner Human Wilder 5/Asha'man 3

Joliar walked calmly through the carnage, the smell of blood trapped in his nose. Adjusting the collar of his black coat, he thought he should feel disgust at what he had done with his brothers or sickness or even some sick kind of joy. Instead he felt nothing, no remorse or guilt as if the men he stepped over were simply cut grass. Maybe he was going mad already, for who but a madman would feel nothing at the work he had done not hours past.

Joliar glanced at his charges, the sister and her Borderlander warder, plus the Ogier. He still didn't know what role they had that required them to be brought forward. He glanced at the kneeling sisters, looks of shock and horror painted on their faces. One of the women was quietly retching, her hands clutched across her stomach.

He turned to the Aes Sedai next to him. I don't know what use the Lord Dragon has of you but best you think of your options before making any Aes Sedai demands. Your place could easily be over there with them. Joliar nodded his head to the shielded women. Light take me, talking to a sister like that. Have I really come that far from Tar Valon?


Male Kandor Borderlander Woodsman 1, Armsman 5, Warder 2

"I bid you keep your tounge civil Joliar, Aes Sedia of the Green Ajah have been the warriors against the Dark One for Thousands of years and that deserves respect if nothing else. You have been a fair companion, but as yet; you Ashaman are yet unproven over time though warriors you be"
said diplomatically


Male Human Initiate - Level 6, Asha'Man Level 2

This world had come so far, in so little time. It seemed the last thing I could remember, I was still working my father's farm. The day Taim showed up had changed everything.

I looked around, the carnage I had wrought along with my brethren. Brothers is a good word for what these men now meant to me. The Lord Dragon, and Taim through him, represents my savior. Madness will take me, I've come to that realization. But it will do so when I've done my part. Today, unpleasant as it was, was necessary. I knew, I felt it.

These Aes Sedai... I'd never seen one until recently. Witches, I'd thought of them, the irony being that I too held a power. I looked at Joliar, who was chastising the woman we now escorted. Her warder spoke up for her.

Sir, look around. Your place in the world is changing. We are the light, ready to turn back the darkness. I would suggest working with us. You stand, unbound. Keep that in mind. Remember, your Aes Sedai gave word to cooperate.

Ugh, I hate acting like that. Its just not in my nature. But strength is needed. Any sign of weakness will be exploited by these women. Or atleast, thats what I've heard.


Female Borderlander Initiate 5 / Aes Sedai 3

Tesliin walked into the camp, amazed at the destruction that had been wrought by these men. So many dead, all killed by the One Power. And for so many of these Asha'man to exist in such a short time. She could scarce believe the world to change so much with the appearance of one man. With the rumors that the White Tower had been divided as well, she knew not what to believe.

She heard the exchange between the men escorting her with her Warder.

Best to keep my thoughts to myself. So many men around us, and able to embrace Saidin, who knows how far to madness they've fallen. Most of my training has been to combat Shadowspawn, not these poor souls. I have to learn more about what has been happening in my absence. It took most of Tesliin's resolve not to grasp the One Power herself.

You will hold your tongue A'Mar. All because some of our hosts have lost their civilty doesn't mean we have as well. She turns to glance towards Marten Though it's fortunate not all have. So where is it that you escort us now? The question is obviously directed towards Marten.


Male Human Initiate - Level 6, Asha'Man Level 2

The Aes Sedai posed an interesting question. Where it is, simple. To what end, I didnt know. I ran my hand through my hair, a reflex of old. Keep it simple, keep it in control.

We head to find out your fate. I must admit, I know not what the Lord Dragon will do. It would help, if we knew your intentions. Who do you follow? The Amyrlin in Tar Valon, or those in exile?

I wish I knew more about the politics involved. The different colors were not so well defined to me. Green meant she was not opposed to men, and had a somewhat softer stance on those of us who could channel. How soft? And the Ogier, silent behind her, left some concern as well. Lord, an Ogier. I thought those were children's tales.


Female Borderlander Initiate 5 / Aes Sedai 3

Hmm, so it seems the rumors are true and the tower has split. Or at least this one believes it to be so. Could it be the madness has taken him? Either way I need more information. And before seeing this Lord Dragon.

I follow the rightful Amyrlin, of course. Whomever that is, I shall have to find out. As far as my intentions, that will depend on what I find from my meeting with your Lord Dragon. So what do you know of these Aes Sedai in exile?


Male Human Initiate - Level 6, Asha'Man Level 2

All due respect, I may not have much experience with your kind, but I recognize a non-answer when I see it.

The deflection by the woman triggered all the old tales of her kind. Sworn to tell the truth, perhaps, but they would do all they could to avoid ever actually doing so. I immediately felt as if she were trying to trick me. Ah well, strength.

Perhaps I can inform you of what occurred here. Many of those following the Amyrlin chose to harm our Lord Dragon. Some were captured, some stilled. Others of your kind chose to aid him, and once we were done, they knelt to him, and swore allegiance. But they kept their freedom, and their powers.

This should give her something to chew on. Still, she was being cooperative, and her warder too. I began to hope that she chose well, and no harm came to her. Ruthlessness had its place, but it didnt mean I didnt like it.


Male Ogier Noble 4 Wanderer 4 Armsman 1

Amorial's ears twitch in obvious agitation over the scene of carnage before him. With a sidelong glance he watches as Aes Sedai kneel to these men in black coats. Surely not since the Age of Legends has the One Power been used to generate such pure mayhem. After so many false Dragons can this Rand truly be the Dragon Reborn?

In any case the man is clearly a T'avern. Why else would Amorial feel such a powerful pull? Especially to a war zone. The Ogier are not a people of war though Legends speak of the ancestors stand with humans against agents of the Dark One. Amorial winces even thinking the name.

"Are we here to meet the Dragon himself", asks Amorial trying unsuccessfully to hide his excitement and his fear.


Male Kandor Borderlander Woodsman 1, Armsman 5, Warder 2

"As you say Mistress"
A'mar looks around with a frown and wonders if though practical, might it be out of bounds to scavage for better weapons and armor among the dead who dont need them anymore. Who knows what was in the hands of those whom perished.

"Mr Noral, what do you think will be the disposition of all the gear strewn about the feild or whom might I ask?"

Tesliin Sedai wrote:

Tesliin walked into the camp, amazed at the destruction that had been wrought by these men. So many dead, all killed by the One Power. And for so many of these Asha'man to exist in such a short time. She could scarce believe the world to change so much with the appearance of one man. With the rumors that the White Tower had been divided as well, she knew not what to believe.

She heard the exchange between the men escorting her with her Warder.

Best to keep my thoughts to myself. So many men around us, and able to embrace Saidin, who knows how far to madness they've fallen. Most of my training has been to combat Shadowspawn, not these poor souls. I have to learn more about what has been happening in my absence. It took most of Tesliin's resolve not to grasp the One Power herself.

You will hold your tongue A'Mar. All because some of our hosts have lost their civilty doesn't mean we have as well. She turns to glance towards Marten Though it's fortunate not all have. So where is it that you escort us now? The question is obviously directed towards Marten.


Male Kandor Borderlander Woodsman 1, Armsman 5, Warder 2

"also, I have heard Rand Al Thor was being trained by a Warder; at least when he visted Lord Agelmar in Shienar and has a Heron Mark Blade of a Swordmaster, I heard it might be a kinsman of mine who trains him and that he travels with Aes Sedia and a golden eye lad and at Tarmon Gap was he shown to be the Dragon, do you know of this tale, it is said the Blood of Manetherin is true and strong in the Lord Dragon and his companions of the Two Rivers. The tale spreads like wildfire through the Borderlands. I was in Sheinar several months ago and it was all astir; hard to believe things change so quickly; First Logain; now Rand Al Thor; have you met him Mr Nolan? do you believe? Are you seeking to recreate the Hundred Companions?"


Male Kandor Borderlander Woodsman 1, Armsman 5, Warder 2

"What say you Honorable Builder Amorial, have you heard as much, it is said a young Builder travels with him or at least did in Shienar, always an honor to have a Builder visit"


Male Tar Valoner Human Wilder 5/Asha'man 3

Joliar eyed the Aes Sedai coolly, his face blank. All of us must serve the Lord Dragon. As to your split Tower, we probably know no more than you. But as Marten said, Elaida's "envoy" attempted to chain the Lord Dragon so you can guess what our opinion of those loyal to her might be.


Male Ogier Noble 4 Wanderer 4 Armsman 1

"I am not sure whether such a rumor is true Master A'Mar. If it is so he is no one from my Stedding".

Amorial continues to survey the blasted landscape before him attempting to take in greater detail after all who knows what small thing seen here may be important for his journey later.

Does anyone seem to be paying a great deal of attention to our group? Let me know if I need a perception check.


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

just the usual onlookers, those that never have seen an Ogier before, which is about 90% of the crowd. the glances drawn in your direction are just curiosity, not malice

a strange question for a warder.a voice cuts across the conversation, causing the two asha'man to halt in their tracks. Turning, your eyes fall onto a tall man, with black hair and a perfectly trimmed black gotee. A hooked nose comes out of his face, just short of being comical. It adds a certain lethality to his stare.
the two asha'man escorts immediatly salute this man, nodding their heads and saying M'Hael as a form of recognition and greeting.

The mans eyes makes contact with everyone present, recognition on his face for the Asha'man, an admirable look for the Ogier, a nonchalant for the warder, and an open sneer for the Aes Sedai.
so, sedaihe begins in a vicious snear why do you come out of the wilderness and decide to grace our camp with your presence?


Male Kandor Borderlander Woodsman 1, Armsman 5, Warder 2

"Strange times, as the Wheel turns, Light Shine on us"


Female Borderlander Initiate 5 / Aes Sedai 3

Such impertinence towards an Aes Sedai. This Joliar is bad enough, but this seems to be a leader amongst them. He must be put into his place.

I see civilty is an exception. My name is Tesliin Sedai. And to whom am I speaking, or am I simply too guess your name? Tesliin curtsies in greeting.


Male Kandor Borderlander Woodsman 1, Armsman 5, Warder 2

"If I may Mistress, This is Logain the False Dragon, who was chained and I believe stilled by Aes Sedia; though he seems to have been healed of that...He was captured with Aes Sedai and many Borderlander troops of 4 nations after starting a civil war trying to carve out a kingdom for himself, it was very recent; I believe Queen Tenobia is still in the field with her army; I heard it was nearly 50 Aes Sedia were needed to take him down. See how the others salute him their M'hael; leader of the Asha'man presumably for the Dragon, his reputation is well known among my people who are interested in stories of war wherever it may be. How he got out of the White Tower; now that must be some tale. I never thought I would meet another Legend...Strange times indeed"

<Amon knows Tesliin probably knows who this is so I trying to help play the game>

Tesliin

Spoiler:

Amon's mood is fearful with worry for you in this situatio; but cautiously hopeful


Male Human Initiate - Level 6, Asha'Man Level 2

I listened as the warder began to wax poetic on who he thought the M'Hael to be. Before he could finish making a mockery of himself, I had to step in. The M'Hael would not be so kind.

Silence, slave. You know not to whom you speak. The M'Hael spoke to your master, not you, so keep quiet. I looked at the Aes Sedai Tame your pet before he is taught a lesson. I also believe he asked you to state your business.

Harsh words, but the M'Hael is harsher.

Somehow I dont think they'd let you go on for like 2 minutes. ;)


Male Kandor Borderlander Woodsman 1, Armsman 5, Warder 2

smirks at the game of houses...

Teslin

Spoiler:

Long slow fury

Marten Noral wrote:

I listened as the warder began to wax poetic on who he thought the M'Hael to be. Before he could finish making a mockery of himself, I had to step in. The M'Hael would not be so kind.

Silence, slave. You know not to whom you speak. The M'Hael spoke to your master, not you, so keep quiet. I looked at the Aes Sedai Tame your pet before he is taught a lesson. I also believe he asked you to state your business.

Harsh words, but the M'Hael is harsher.

Somehow I dont think they'd let you go on for like 2 minutes. ;)


Male Ogier Noble 4 Wanderer 4 Armsman 1

Amorial nods back at the man but shuffles his feet nervously as these humans wielding the One Power bark at one another. It is one thing to witness the carnage afterwards and quite another to be standing next to it as it may be about to happen, thinks Amorial who is ready to lunge away from the altercation if necessary.


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

ha. ha. ha the unknown man says with no humor. your talk just proves your ignorance. why dont you play fetch or something while your master talks.

reflex save to catch sword dc 201d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

A'mar, feeling a strange tug at your hip, you are just a too slow to grab at the hilt of your sword to prevent it from pulling free. In one swift motion the sword is flung over your head and back behind you, landing point down in a spot free of debris.

The name is Taim. Mazrim Taim. I am M'Hael to the Asha'man. I stand second only to the Dragon himself. I was gracious with teaching you a lesson. If you need another lesson, prepair your ward for the shock of your death, for it will not be pretty.

Looking up at Amorial, Taim says Master Ogier, The Dragon has a question for you, and he wishes your advice on it.

at Tesllin he grates your presence is required too.

turning to Marten and Joliar, he commands escort these honored guests into the Dragons tent, and provide them with drink. he pauses, glancing at A'mar, he can come too, as long as he stays quiet and behaves himself
with that last comment, Taim turns and walks away, calling for other Asha'man to fall in.


Male Kandor Borderlander Woodsman 1, Armsman 5, Warder 2

I retrieve my sword and sheaf it and dismount; in my warhorse ear; "stay" if Teslin has a horse; which probably she does; then "guard"

follow my Mistress and the Bully men considering what we have learned; Mazrim Taim; who was taken in Saldea, next to Kandor herself...very curious.

I look around at who else is in this encampment; what peoples.


Male Tar Valoner Human Wilder 5/Asha'man 3

Joliar raised fist to heart as Taim turned to go. Gathering up his charges he continued to the center of the camp towards a large tent erected amidst the carnage.

Before heading in he turned to look at the Aes Sedai and her Warder, making sure to meet their eyes. Whether you think my manners lacking or not, take this advice. The Lord Dragon sometimes seems to be a hairsbreadth away from stilling the lot of you and your sisters after what they've done to him. Mind your tongue with him else he burns you, and possibly the rest of us with you.

Joliar turned and collected himself before pushing the flap aside and heading in. He'd only seen the Lord Dragon once when he appeared at the Farm but even then he had been awed, truthfully frightened, by the man's presence.


Male Human Initiate - Level 6, Asha'Man Level 2

I listened as the M'Hael instructed us to take the woman, her warder, and the Ogier to the Lord Dragon. Awe and fear arent the right words to describe what I felt at the moment, but some combination of the two. As Joliar and I walked them towards the fateful tent, I couldnt help but feel resentment towards the captives as well. I had tried to warn them, but the arrogant fools didnt listen. Atleast the Ogier kept his mouth to himself.

Joliar gave them very timely advice as we arrived. I added my own, fear for my own safety among the motivations.

I warned you all before. There was a time where Aes Sedai could feel superior. That time is over. The Lord Dragon has you alive, and able to feel saidar, at his discretion. Bear that in mind. Those who didnt are in that pile you saw. For your own sakes, be respectful.

I waited until the group entered the tent, following them, being the last one in.


Male Ogier Noble 4 Wanderer 4 Armsman 1

Amorial opens his mouth to reply to this Taim but closes it as he so abruptly walks away. So it would appear this chord binding me to this T'avern is not imagined but real indeed.

Grimacing after Joliar's statement Amorial turns to he and Marten, "It would seem that the sooner we are seen the sooner tensions may be smoothed over by the Lord Dragon".

Amorial turns to Tesliin Sedai and flashes her a toothy grin, "This should prove to be an interesting meeting". That statement sounded more convincing in my head. As the words are delivered by Amorial aloud they ring hollow with the backdrop of the injured and dying still wailing on the smoking field around the small group.


Male Kandor Borderlander Woodsman 1, Armsman 5, Warder 2

A'Mar looks about at the evidence of the Aes Sedia caravans and the 40 thousand dead Shaido Aiel by evidence of the Power channeled as a weapon; something he was always told was not ever done except in dire circumstances against forces of the Dark One. Looking up sees the Banner of the Dragon; shocked he stops still and gawkes a moment; then continues.


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

The tent you walk into is suprisingly cool. a gentle breeze circulates the air, cutting the staleness and death smell from outside. A simple chair, set towards the opposite end, stands alone, with a rather tall man sitting inside it. reddish brown hair sits atop his head, unkempt. A stained shirt and pants hang loosely upon this young mans frame.
a woman hovers near him, looking like she wants to protect him, with her life if need be. Her eyes land upon each of you, her face showing concern for the man, now shows hatred towards you. Her face flushes red while looking at A'mar, pure rage at Amorial, at Marten and Joliar it calms, but at Tesliin the face goes blank.
whilest walking the path, your eyes move to the left and right, showing you the guardians of the Dragon. Spaced out every 5 feet, is an Asha'man. All standing at perfect attention, hands at their sides, eyes straight ahead.

joliar and Marten:
you feel all of the Asha'man holding Saidan, some openly channeling. you can make a weavesight check to figure out what they are channeling.

stopping a respectful distance away from the man in the chair, your glance moves down to the ground. 5 sets of strange indentations are pressed into the hard dirt, as if many people had dropped to their knees. a little farther forward you see some reddish colored dirt, signs that someone resisted and was bloodied. Drag marks lead off to the right side of the tent.

Looking up, you are most suprised to see something else, something that should never be. Your eyes land upon an Aes Sedai, formal shawl draped over her shoulder, the great serpent ring on her left hand is standing next to the man. But the shock is the serving tray laden down with food and water she holds out for him to eat from. a towel, neatly folded, lays across her forearm. The man reaches out for the towel, and merely glances at the Sedai whilest pulling it off.

Taking a drink from a stein, he finally looks at all of you. In a commanding voice he asks but a simple question Will you join your sisters and kneel before me, swearing allegience to me?


Female Borderlander Initiate 5 / Aes Sedai 3

Tesliin attempts to send a calming feeling through the bond, despite her own rage.

This M'Hael, mad or not, is definitely a dangerous man. We're at the mercy of these Asha'man. I can only hope that their Lord Dragon is far more reasonable than they.

I thank you both for the information, and the warnings.

You're post beat my post.


Male Human Initiate - Level 6, Asha'Man Level 2

I watch the scene unfold, noticing immediately the channeling Asha'man around me.

Weavesight:

1d20 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 19

Failboat, captain me.


Female Borderlander Initiate 5 / Aes Sedai 3

The sheer wrongness of this assaults Tesliin's mind. For an Aes Sedai to server another a man alone is wrong, but to serve in this fasion?

To do such an act, the madness must surely have embraced him. And by Marten's words, able to feel if I should grasp Saidar, if he can be believed. I must tread cautiously if I am to survive this encounter.

Tesliin offer's a curtsy towards the man before her, taking care to avoid her gaze lingering on the Aes Sedai serving him. She sends another calming thought through the bond.

The Lord Dragon, I presume? I am Tesliin Sedai, and this is my warder A'mar. Could you perhaps enlighten me before any oaths are sworn?


Male Kandor Borderlander Woodsman 1, Armsman 5, Warder 2

"This is the polite man who dined in the hall of Lord Agelmar in Shienar and is being trained by my Uncle Lan? not what I expected of a self proclaimed sheepherder lord from the Two Rivers, will you make slaves of all of us as your Mr Noral stated, we who have waited your coming for generations. Some Good News at least; the Blight has receeded two miles for we know not what happened here having recently come from the Borderlands. Is Lan Al'Lan Mondragoon here? would you punish those who have done you no wrong?"
<looks around>
"I always thought I would die fighting Trollocs and Halfmen; not killed by friends of allies and his bullymen"

A'Mar sniffs for taint...


Male Ogier Noble 4 Wanderer 4 Armsman 1

Amorial frowns at Tesliin Sedai and her Warders response. From the man's body language and tone it would appear that he is ready to lash out at the slightest provocation. Bravely or perhaps foolishly, Amorial takes a step forward and kneels hoping to prevent an escalation of violence, "Lord Dragon. I am Amorial Suth of Stedding Tsofu. The prophecies have spoken of your return and it is obvious to my old eyes that you are the one spoken of. I offer you my services that the hordes of the Dark One may be pushed back into the hole from which they have sprung".


Male Tar Valoner Human Wilder 5/Asha'man 3

Weavesight: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19. Oh well. Although both Marten and I should at least be able to identify the weave being used. We just can't learn it.

A'Mar, were you saying the above out loud? I'm having trouble distinguishing what your character is saying versus what is his "internal monologue". Also, how much info does your character know versus you as a player? It just seems like A'Mar is a bit omnipotent with how much of the overall story he is aware of.


Male Human Initiate - Level 6, Asha'Man Level 2

Kinda wondering that as well. He seems to know a whole lot. I get that he's Lan's nephew, but still, thats knowing a lot for a pre-internet society. ;) Wait, arent the Malkieri dead except for Lan? I dunno.

Also, again, I dont know that in this situation Rand or anyone will sit through long speeches. I imagine him getting cut off.

With that being said, I'm digging the overall attitude. Its how I imagined a warder to act.


Male Tar Valoner Human Wilder 5/Asha'man 3

Absolutely. A true warder.


Male Kandor Borderlander Woodsman 1, Armsman 5, Warder 2

thanks guys; dont know how you do the blue thing; this is ooc; figure I need to run interference to give my Aes Sedai time to observe and think


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM
A'Mar of House Issola wrote:
thanks guys; dont know how you do the blue thing; this is ooc; figure I need to run interference to give my Aes Sedai time to observe and think

when you open a posting, at the very bottom is a line called "how to format your text" with a button called "show". click on show and itll show you the commands for doing fun things here in the forum. try it out.


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

Pain suddenly errupts all over A'mar's body, his back contorting back on itself. unable to stand, he falls over, head bending backward so far that the heels of his boots patter on his helm. The feeling of thousands of needles penetrating not only the skin, but the muscles, heart, lungs, stomach, eyes, and brain. a crushing force is applied to the bones throughout the body; only the smallest bones disentigrate from the severe pressure. the worst is the nerves, already raw from absorbing all the pain from the pins and pressure, they are town assunder from blood that litterally begins to boil. Screams not capable of being produced from a human throat are torn from A'mar's mouth.

Tesliin cannot do nothing but shudder and struggle, not only does his pain flow through the warder bond, but she is held rooted to the spot, weaves of air holding her in place. Her eyes grow wider as she realizes that she is shielded from the source.

Only able to move her eyes, she looks up at the Dragon. She sees him standing a pace away from her, where a lesser man would be howling in rage, He stands emotionless. His gaze upon A'mar, he say in a penetrating voice devoid of feeling
the time for Aes Sedai games is over with. You stand a hairsbreadth away from stilling. All you Aes Sedai jocky for position to control everything, and when you cannot, you act petchulant, depressed, and still try to control it. 33 of your sisters sit out there, 7 stilled, for their actions that they had done to me this past week. 9 from the salidar group, while attempting to rescue me, ignored my command. therefore THEY sit with the others. turning, he walks back to the chair, and sits down.
now, lets try this again. Will you swear?


Female Borderlander Initiate 5 / Aes Sedai 3

Yup, my defiance lasted about as long as I thought it would.

Pain intermingled with fear flies through Tesliin's thoughts. Light help us, he is mad to do this to another! I have no choice!

Please stop, I beg you! I will swear, just please stop this!


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

sheepherder, you must stop this! this man hasnt done anything wrong to you, nor has the Aes Sedai! He doesnt deserve that kind of pain. Just because it was inflicted on you by others doesnt mean you should do it. The woman standing next to his chair says with concern, not concern for A'mar, but concern for the Dragon himself.
Seeing him still distracted, she reaches down and pinches his cheek. He howls in rage and finally looks at him, and a slow understanding overtakes the look on his face.
A'mar no longer has active pain, but his body still aches from the torture recieved. He lays on the floor, unable to control the trembling and quivering that course through his body. low moans now rasp out of his ragged throat.
The dragon looks upon the man on the floor, and purses his lips.
joselyn, go get a yellow and have her Heal this man. He commands. Quickly setting the tray down onto a stand, she runs out of the tent, and bolts for the huddled aes sedai.
Turning his gaze upon Tesliin, his face becomes stone again.
Kneel, and swear


Female Borderlander Initiate 5 / Aes Sedai 3

Pain still flowing through the bond, Tesliin finds her body moving almost by instinct to kneel.
I swear to serve the Lord Dragon. I'll wait to rise until given permisson.


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

your oath is accepted. The Dragon says in a commanding voice.
stand and listen

looking past her, Rand's eyes appear to see the Ogier for the first time. Seeing him kneeling, he waves him back to his feet. Please, friend Ogier, Amorial correct? Please Amorial, stand up. There is no need for oaths to be sworn to me by you or your own kind, but i do accept it.
i am glad that you are here, for a most important matter has fallen onto me, and i would like your knowledge on this matter, for Ogier have far reaching memory. Follow me.

he turns and walks to the back of the tent.


Male Human Initiate - Level 6, Asha'Man Level 2

Well, it went down about as well as I predicted. Headstrong warder, convinced he knew best. The Lord Dragon put him into place. It was not pleasant to watch, but some people dont learn through words alone. Years of feeling superior to everyone else in the world have left these women and their captive men with an inability to adapt to change. Well, the world was changing.

I admit that I felt considerable relief when she knelt and swore the words. That must have been incredibly difficult, as I had some idea of the depth of her words.

ooc/roll:
Can I weavesight on some of the spells that just went down? Or are they over my head? If so...
Weavesight1d20 + 17 ⇒ (15) + 17 = 32


Female Borderlander Initiate 5 / Aes Sedai 3

Going to work, so not sure of my reliability to post for a few hours. My courses of action are below.

If allowed to follow:
Tesliin will rise and remain silent, listening to events as they unfold. She'll send a feeling of compassion through the bond for A'mars injuries. While capable of healing him (if not still shielded), she believes it's best not to grasp the Source in Lord Dragon's presence. She'll proceed to silently follow into the back of the tent to listen, not hiding per se but rather trying not to draw notice to herself.

If not allowed to follow:
Tesliin will wait with A'mar until he can be healed, and then will attempt to find out what she can about the Aes Sedai in the camp. She'll try to draw as little attention to herself as possible.


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

Marten, you learned a lost weave: Touch of death. But since you do not have the Healing talent, you cannot channel it.

thats fine, tesliin. work is a neccessity. at least you gave me options. if need be, ill roll for you


Male Ogier Noble 4 Wanderer 4 Armsman 1

Amorial stands and looks at Tesliin Sedai and her Warder with pity then turns his eyes towards the Dragon following him to the back of the tent.

"Thank you Lord Dragon. You honor myself and my people with your kind words. If it is knowledge you seek then I hope that I can help you. My family has been fascinated for generations with history though I do have a thorough command of engineering and nature. Though they would seem to be at odds with one another my people have long seen them as one in the same. One does not need to destroy to create. It is only through nurturing our environment that the greatest marvels in building can be achieved".


Male Human Initiate - Level 6, Asha'Man Level 2

Cool, thanks Rizz. Joliar, I gots somethin for ya! lol

I focused as the Lord Dragon causes significant pain in the foolhardy warder. I think I made out the weave, but I dont know if I have the talent yet to reproduce it. In time. Perhaps Joliar might be able to learn.


Male Kandor Borderlander Woodsman 1, Armsman 5, Warder 2

A'Mar lays, while in great pain, is quite content that his has done his job to deflect any injury from his Aes Sedia onto himself; he just wished the Yellow would come sooner than later.

Teslin,

Spoiler:

through all the pain; you feel a great sense of victory and self satisfaction through the link; which perhaps leads you to believe your warder was pushed over the brink of sanity.


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

drinking from a goblet holding nothing but water, Rand looks at everyone as they approach the table. His gaze hovers over Tesliin and his lips purse a little, and then he subtly shakes his head.

Looking up at Amorial, Rand asks what can you tell me about Someshta?

1 to 50 of 712 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / A murky solution (a Wheel Of Time Thread) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.