Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

The end of Krynn (Inactive)

Game Master DEWN MOU'TAIN


51 to 100 of 145 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

"Looks to me we're doing them a favor by cleaning up after ourselves. Well, as long as everything we take is paid for, shouldn't be a problem."

Darian pays a few copper for breakfast before loading his gear and packing his horse.

"Another day in the open fields Bastion, I could not ask for a better companion."

Darian leads his horse out front and awaits the rest of his companions before riding off.


Cleric 5 AC: 20 FFAC: 19 TAC: 13 // HP:60/60 // Perc: 12 // F: 8 R: 4 W: 10 // Init +1

Bardy heads outside and sees Darian waiting with his horse. He approaches with great caution and says you ride that giant beast?

After a pause he says I trust my own footsies more as he smiles and makes a point of not getting too close.


"Me, too. I mean, horses are nice, but I can walk, too. So I will." Gazzer smiles happily, seeming just happy to be included and shoulders his pack and starts walking.


Male Human Abjurer / 4 Wizard of High Sorcery/1 (White Robe) HP: 45/45 AC: 11 Init +1 Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +9

You will only slow us down. A half mounted group can't travel together... A wagon or cart perhaps?

Andoran

Male Half Dwarf Fighter 4(Two Weapon Warrior)/Alchemist 2(Internal Chemist): AC 22, FF 19, touch 14; HP 76/76; Init +3; Fort +13, Ref +8, Will +4; Perception +10

Well lucky fer ye guys I happened to won a farmer 'o his horsey 'n cart. I told him I have four hands he didn't believe. Kept thinkin' that I have 2 prostheticss i reckon ye guys call that. Bet me a 200 gold pieces. 'o course I won it by slappin' times 4 times. Each the hour by me 4 hands. He didn't woke up after that though, didn't find any gold on him knickers, thought might as well get his horsey.

Baptiste waved the stableboy over as he leads a scrawny mangled light horse over pulling a wobbly cart with a makeshift tent made of mouldy leather on it.

I moniker him twiggie the wobbly.

Will add in the cost for a light horse with cart


Male Human Abjurer / 4 Wizard of High Sorcery/1 (White Robe) HP: 45/45 AC: 11 Init +1 Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +9

Aaron balks ARE YOU SAYING YOU ROBBED A FARMER! he says in a raised voice.

Andoran

Male Half Dwarf Fighter 4(Two Weapon Warrior)/Alchemist 2(Internal Chemist): AC 22, FF 19, touch 14; HP 76/76; Init +3; Fort +13, Ref +8, Will +4; Perception +10

Heehee come on ye be hurtin' me feelin's. pillage borrow lendin' 'tis th' same. I always be tellin' them merchants that I gunna be back before I sail out. I promise 'n I always be back to get more. life's tough fer a half dwarf already. too tall to be a dwarf so I ain't join them in their holes 'n too short fer a human, so I ain't look at them at eyeballs level. 'tis a tough life bein' stuck in th' middle.


AC 17, FF 16, TAC 11 // HP 13 //F 4 R 1 W 0// Per:0 //Init: 3

Bardy's eyes bulge out in horror. Cart?!! I won't get in no cart. No way. No how! I can run as good as the best of em.

Andoran

Male Half Dwarf Fighter 4(Two Weapon Warrior)/Alchemist 2(Internal Chemist): AC 22, FF 19, touch 14; HP 76/76; Init +3; Fort +13, Ref +8, Will +4; Perception +10

Come on Baldie i be needin' more 'o ye human burstin' from me belly lust heehee

Baptiste rubbed his knuckles on Bardy's balding spot.


Gazzer smiles at the exchange between the wizard and many armed smelly man and shrugs. He climbs into the back of the cart, his feet hanging over the edge. Looking at the gully dwarf, he says "Back here's not so bad. It's comfy and the horse won't bother you. I promise."

Andoran

Male Half Dwarf Fighter 4(Two Weapon Warrior)/Alchemist 2(Internal Chemist): AC 22, FF 19, touch 14; HP 76/76; Init +3; Fort +13, Ref +8, Will +4; Perception +10

Intending to prob get a combat trained light horse with a cart. Have about 300gp left over anyways


HP 35 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 17 | CMD 15 | F +0 | R +3 | W +6 | Init +2 | Per +9

"Hey Gazzer, wait up. I'll join you."

And with that, Nishara hops up on the back of the wagon.


Cleric 5 AC: 20 FFAC: 19 TAC: 13 // HP:60/60 // Perc: 12 // F: 8 R: 4 W: 10 // Init +1

Again, looks at Gazzer in sheer terror No way! Nuh Uh! I run. and he slinks away slowly.


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

well...definitely an interesting start. Kind of like going out through the kitchen


Gazzer smiles at Nishara. "Hi, I'm Gazzer. What's your name?"


Male Human Abjurer / 4 Wizard of High Sorcery/1 (White Robe) HP: 45/45 AC: 11 Init +1 Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +9

Baptiste, Darian, as you two look to be the most capable with steel why don't you take point and rear guard. I shall remain along side the cart. Hmmm... It would be good to have a scout. Aaron looks all around aggravated with the situation. He wheels his horse around and trots off toward the road.

This is just a suggestion. Aaron is a bit of an a@# to strangers. Obviously you should all do whatever you want! lol


HP 35 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 17 | CMD 15 | F +0 | R +3 | W +6 | Init +2 | Per +9
Gazzer wrote:
Gazzer smiles at Nishara. "Hi, I'm Gazzer. What's your name?"

"Nishara. I was the elf last night if you recall. Just a magical disguise I was wearing. So, you excited for the journey?"


Darian becomes a bit irritated by the slow pace of the group due to Bardy's unwillingness to ride with the party.

"This little man is going to be finished in less than an hour."

Darian listens to Aaron's suggestion and takes the initiative.

"Yes Bardy, to answer your question from earlier, I do ride this beast. Let me show you what it's like."

With that, he circles around the wagon and charges forward, directly for Bardy. He leans to the side, and grabs Bardy by the shirt, and throws him up behind him.

"You can scout."

Grapple: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Andoran

Male Half Dwarf Fighter 4(Two Weapon Warrior)/Alchemist 2(Internal Chemist): AC 22, FF 19, touch 14; HP 76/76; Init +3; Fort +13, Ref +8, Will +4; Perception +10

alright!!

Baptiste whistled at Niagara and winked at her before saddling up Twiggie as the horse wobbles forward under the weight of Baptiste.


Cleric 5 AC: 20 FFAC: 19 TAC: 13 // HP:60/60 // Perc: 12 // F: 8 R: 4 W: 10 // Init +1

[ooc]Really? Thats your plan? Bahahaha. Have you ever tried to give a cat a bath?[/b]

Darian scoops up Bardy and plunk him on the back of the horse. At first Bardy freezes in terror but after a few moments the reality of his situation settles in and he begins to freak out ....

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Beast! The BEAST is under me! Get it away. Away I say! Bardy then attempts to climb onto Darians head to get as far away from the horse as possible.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


HP 35 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 17 | CMD 15 | F +0 | R +3 | W +6 | Init +2 | Per +9

Nishara facepalms.

"What have I got myself into?"


Gazzer stares at the gully dwarf helmet that Darian had just acquired, before laughing and turning to Nishara. "Oh, so you can be anyone you want? I always wanted to be a pumpkin. It seemed like a good life, living in the patch, growing in the sun, so happy and lazy. Yep, I'd like to be a pumpkin."


Male Human Abjurer / 4 Wizard of High Sorcery/1 (White Robe) HP: 45/45 AC: 11 Init +1 Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +9

By the gods Aaron says in irritation, yet struggling to hide his amusement.


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

1d100 ⇒ 41

...hmmm...i can work with that


HP 35 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 17 | CMD 15 | F +0 | R +3 | W +6 | Init +2 | Per +9
Gazzer wrote:
Gazzer stares at the gully dwarf helmet that Darian had just acquired, before laughing and turning to Nishara. "Oh, so you can be anyone you want? I always wanted to be a pumpkin. It seemed like a good life, living in the patch, growing in the sun, so happy and lazy. Yep, I'd like to be a pumpkin."

"Not quite. My magic only goes so far. I can be an elf, dwarf, or even human as you can see. Although it only lasts so long before it wears off. That's why you see me as human today."


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

bardy, you are unable to pull out from darian's grip


"Ooooh. That's pretty neat. What do you really look like? I bet you're pretty 'cuz your disguises are pretty and I bet you're pretty too. I can talk to dogs. That's my trick. And I can sing. Mama used to say I sang like an angel. Well, before she..." He stops and tears up, wiping his eyes with the back of his hand before smiling sadly and singing a traveling song in a clear, beautiful voice.


HP 35 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 17 | CMD 15 | F +0 | R +3 | W +6 | Init +2 | Per +9

"As I mentioned before, when the magic wears off, I revert to my original form again. Human."

She puts her hand on his.

"I'm sorry about your mother." she says gently.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Cleric 5 AC: 20 FFAC: 19 TAC: 13 // HP:60/60 // Perc: 12 // F: 8 R: 4 W: 10 // Init +1

Just for the sake of expediency, lets say that Darian, after much struggle and fuss, manages to get Bardy into the wagon.

Click here for a youtube video that resembles Darian's attempt to subdue Bardy


Male Human Abjurer / 4 Wizard of High Sorcery/1 (White Robe) HP: 45/45 AC: 11 Init +1 Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +9

ROFL


Gazzer nods at Nishara, finishing his song. "'Sokay. I'm fine. The dogs took care of me."


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

I need to know how you guys plan to setup up camp? anyone on watch? anyone with tents? Spell casters, do you prep when you wake up or before sleep?

The first day's journey out from solanthus is one filled with laughter and humor, especially the resistance that Bardy has against ridding in the wagon.

At noon time, you stopped off at a watering hole, and chatted with a merchants caravan. The news the merchant had was grim.

tis war to the north. the blue lady has raised up the remains of the once fearsome dragonarmies, and is on the march. I turned my caravans around, since i wish to get paid for my goods, and not have my carcass violated by them dracs.

More questions for details only gets answered with i only know rumor, and i run from rumors of war. im no war monger.

With the news of war just over the horizon, the afternoon travel is less jovial. The sun slowly creeps along the sky until finally it begins to reach the horizon.

would be best to setup camp in the light, than at night. Darian says, moving off the main road, and onto a logging road that leads into a small thicket of trees.


Male Human Abjurer / 4 Wizard of High Sorcery/1 (White Robe) HP: 45/45 AC: 11 Init +1 Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +9

Who are we working for? It's a little vague to be walking into a suspected war zone for them.
If Aaron seemed dower before it was nothing compared to this startling news. These are grave tidings. he says and remains silent until the begin to set up camp for the evening.

Aaron helps the others pick a camp with high ground, as little wind as possible and hopefully a water source. We should stay close, but not not close enough for all of us to be struck by a group spell while we sleep he says. We should pair up our abilities accordingly. However some of us require unbroken rest or we will find our magics useless in the morning. I would like to take first watch so as to concentrate on the study of my magics in the morning. I would suggest men at arms guard us for a middle watch. Three hours per shift? He asks looking to the others. His tone implies he is somewhat used to giving orders, but lacks the edge of a command.


Gazzer smiles. "I can stay awake and watch out. If you want, I can ask the birds, too." Gazzer throws his head back and lets out a loud screech, asking any birds of prey near by to come down for a talk.


Male Human Abjurer / 4 Wizard of High Sorcery/1 (White Robe) HP: 45/45 AC: 11 Init +1 Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +9

The wizard stops and looks at the young boy? quizzically. If you've that ability then perhaps you should. I would not rely on that alone however. He pats Gazzer on the shoulder and waits for the others to speak up.


Gazzer is around 20, but he looks younger and since he's slow, acts younger, too.


Male Human Abjurer / 4 Wizard of High Sorcery/1 (White Robe) HP: 45/45 AC: 11 Init +1 Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +9

It's the avatar that makes you look so you lol!


Cleric 5 AC: 20 FFAC: 19 TAC: 13 // HP:60/60 // Perc: 12 // F: 8 R: 4 W: 10 // Init +1

Bardy can take whatever watch you like.

Andoran

Male Half Dwarf Fighter 4(Two Weapon Warrior)/Alchemist 2(Internal Chemist): AC 22, FF 19, touch 14; HP 76/76; Init +3; Fort +13, Ref +8, Will +4; Perception +10

Heeheehee... human burstin' from me belly, i take after Baldie


"Then it's settled, Aaron will take first watch. I'll take the second watch. Bardy, I'll wake you up for third. Gazzer, why don't you tell the birds to keep en eye open for us in case anything happens that we don't notice, okay?"

Darian methodically unfolds his bedroll and uses part of his pack as a pillow. He places his sword at his side, and lays down. Darian falls asleep relatively quickly. Any observer would get the impression that Darian is quite used to sleeping under the stars.


Male Human Abjurer / 4 Wizard of High Sorcery/1 (White Robe) HP: 45/45 AC: 11 Init +1 Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +9

I thought it best to do two people for three 3 hour watches. Any objections to this line of thought? With that he leaves the others to hash out the details. The man lays out his bedroll and sets up a sleeping area, strips out of his traveling clothes and replaces them with wildly elegant ones. He then quickly cast a spell on his dirty clothes and heads off to make a fire.

The spell is prestidigitation to clean the clothes.


We'll stick with one on watch until we find that something different is necessary. RIZZENMAGNUS, we will proceed with the watch as listed earlier.


Male Human Abjurer / 4 Wizard of High Sorcery/1 (White Robe) HP: 45/45 AC: 11 Init +1 Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +9

It doesn't make sense. It only covers six hours. I think we should wait for the others to weigh in before we give a final decision. I know it's not all that important but if something does go down it will matter.


Cleric 5 AC: 20 FFAC: 19 TAC: 13 // HP:60/60 // Perc: 12 // F: 8 R: 4 W: 10 // Init +1

I'm good either way

Andoran

Male Half Dwarf Fighter 4(Two Weapon Warrior)/Alchemist 2(Internal Chemist): AC 22, FF 19, touch 14; HP 76/76; Init +3; Fort +13, Ref +8, Will +4; Perception +10

me 2


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

six hours it is then... Wait, wait, wait...you are going to allow a gully dwarf to guard the camp while everyone else sleeps? ROFLMAO!!!!

With no one else volunteering to take up the last 2 hour shift, the 3 sentries, Aaron, Darian, and Bardy grumble about having to stay on guard for longer than neccessary. Thoughts of bed time pranks go filtering through their minds as they each attempt to figure out a good solution to waking a traveling companion in an attempt to cover the 4th shift.

For the rest of the night, there is no signs of life. The forest has provided you adequate concealment from prying eyes and the morning rain that begins misting.

******

Getting back upon the main road, you are surprised to see a large multitude of travelers moving upon it. Some in wagons, some walking, all with a harried look upon their face.

One man, upon seeing your group, rides up on you.
Please help us. Goblins have been attacking our convoy at night, when we rest, and sometimes while we travel by day. We started with 15 guards, but most have died defending us, or fled. It is just myself and another, who guards the rear now. The man gestures to the rear.
Looking to the back, in the direction you will be traveling, you see a lone man sitting atop a horse. From this distance, he is just a silhouette against the horizon. As the man turns his horse to ride up the road, a shape disengages itself from the brush. A thin black object snakes over its head and then hurls itself at the rider. The rider stiffens, and then falls out of the saddle, landing hard upon the muddy road. His horse, free from the weight, bolts down the road towards the caravan.

Oh gods! they got Darrenthe man sobs as his face goes pale white.


Is the caravan going in the same direction as us, or the way we came?


Cleric 5 AC: 20 FFAC: 19 TAC: 13 // HP:60/60 // Perc: 12 // F: 8 R: 4 W: 10 // Init +1

Bardy grits his teeth and yells AMBUUUUUUUUUUUUUSH!

And he jumps down off the wagon and readies for battle!


Male Human Abjurer / 4 Wizard of High Sorcery/1 (White Robe) HP: 45/45 AC: 11 Init +1 Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +9

Steel yourselves! Don't rush them. We have to find out their numbers. The man yells to the others.

Aaron begins to cast a spell. Mage Armor link

Whenever he is able to act of course

Andoran

Male Half Dwarf Fighter 4(Two Weapon Warrior)/Alchemist 2(Internal Chemist): AC 22, FF 19, touch 14; HP 76/76; Init +3; Fort +13, Ref +8, Will +4; Perception +10

Arrrggghhh 'bout damn ta hell bloody the hour too!!

Baptiste leaps up and whipping out his 3 axes and a steel shield.

51 to 100 of 145 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The End of Krynn All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.