Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

The Elder Games

Game Master wesF

Lots of casters in one spot. What could possibly go wrong?


1 to 50 of 363 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Discussion thread.


Female Tiefling Wizard / 1

School is now in session. :)


What it says on the tin; Caffiene addict 20

"The plan"

Over the next week i'm going to work on some initial introductory RP stuff for everyone. Some group and some individual. It'll include everyone's first day, room assignments, stuff like that. You won't need a complete character sheet yet, but do work on it when you can please.

I usually post from an iPad and it's a pain without a keyboard. Mine just broke so I ordered a new one and i'll be able to get more done when my arrives at my house.

If everyone would please put your basic character bio's somewhere in on your character sheet so I can reference them.

Also, everyone can have another trait for a total of three. I did it for one person I figured it's only fair to let the rest do the same.

Just some basics to help make it easier for everyone to follow the story line.

When your character is separate from the group please use a bolded title describing your location. for example Ye Ole Magic Shoppe then dialogue.

Speaking= "Did you see that?"
Personal thought= ::That guy looks like Cthulhu on a bad day.::
Telepathy= ::Do you think I should ask her?::

Also remember that tone is difficult to get across in type. Use descriptive terms to describe how you do things. Ex: "Say what?" TCG say's raising one eyebrow, clearly confused.

These are suggestions, not hard and fast rules, but it does help express yourself.

That's about it.


Also, put the following information into your gender tab please. It makes for easy reference

G Race class|HP:XX/XX|AC:XX|T:XX|FF:XX|CMD:XX|F+X| R+X| W+X|Ini+X|Per+X

G=Gender replace the "G" with F or M or O (other).
X = placeholder for whatever your values are
Race/class - Feel free to abbreviate. Ex: Tief Wch, Elf WIz,
HP = Hitpoint current/HP max
AC= Armor class
T = Touch
FF= Flat footed
CMD= Combat maneuver defense
F=Fort save
R=Ref save
W=Will save
Ini= Initiative
Per=Perception


So I made a whole long addition to the campaign info earlier and it got eaten by the internet. Poop. I'll have to re-write it as best I can. It was rather creative if I do say so myself.


I'm still learning how to do some of this. Could everyone dot the gameplay thread so I can add your characters to the campaign. I think that's how its done.


Male Varisian Tattooed Sorcerer(Arcane) 6/Oracle 6(Lore)

Here!


Female Tiefling Wizard / 1

Oh we will need to find you a suitable nickname. :)


What it says on the tin; Caffiene addict 20
Circe Lavaush wrote:
Oh we will need to find you a suitable nickname. :)

I was planning on calling him Aky.


HP 78/78, AC 25/12/23, Saves 11/5/14

Your obstinate chew toy is in attendance. Have a day out with my son today - but will get to the nitty gritty tonight.


Female Tiefling Wizard / 1

That may do to start out with, Circe may decide on another one for him depending on what she thinks of him...


What it says on the tin; Caffiene addict 20
Circe Lavaush wrote:
That may do to start out with, Circe may decide on another one for him depending on what she thinks of him...

works for me.


Lorth Blood-Seer wrote:
Your obstinate chew toy is in attendance. Have a day out with my son today - but will get to the nitty gritty tonight.

Works for me. I'll do introductory stuff as characters post their backgrounds. I'm not in a rush for the nuts and bolts just yet.


Human Girl Archeologist 6 HP:50 | AC:x T:x FF:x CMD:x | F:x R:x W:x | Init: +x | Per: +x
DM TCG wrote:
So I made a whole long addition to the campaign info earlier and it got eaten by the internet. Poop. I'll have to re-write it as best I can. It was rather creative if I do say so myself.

/Merlaine appears *cast Erase*

the girl giggles

/runs off


M Fetch Nin3/Sorc3|HP:44/44|AC:15(19w/MA)|T:15(19w/MA)|FF:11(15w/MA)|CMD:16|F+5|R+9 |W+4|Ini+8|Per+7|Res cold & elec 5

Dash is right here. Though you might not be able to see him...


M Hu 4UF 1WD Sorc 1DD2 |HP:59/62|AC:18|T:12|FF:17|CMD:21|F+7| R+3| W+4|Ini+5|Per+8

You can call me Al.

edit: working on more complete bio and traits.


M Fetch Nin3/Sorc3|HP:44/44|AC:15(19w/MA)|T:15(19w/MA)|FF:11(15w/MA)|CMD:16|F+5|R+9 |W+4|Ini+8|Per+7|Res cold & elec 5

Rolling HPs here.

2d8 ⇒ (3, 2) = 52d8 ⇒ (3, 3) = 62d6 ⇒ (6, 1) = 72d6 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5

So 34. I guess that's not too awful.

Edit* Actually, 37. Forgot favored class.


M Hu 4UF 1WD Sorc 1DD2 |HP:59/62|AC:18|T:12|FF:17|CMD:21|F+7| R+3| W+4|Ini+5|Per+8

I am thinking Masterful Demeanor might be a good trait for Al if you allow Campaign Traits.

Also, I might change things up a little in the feats department and go for Eldrich Heritage: Abyssal for more claws per day and some big boosts to Strength after level 11. Any way that I can switch the fire damage from those claws to cold damage instead for continuity?

Alabaster Boralis was born the third son of Keltashazic Boralis. As was family tradition for the last few generations, not one of the boys had the same mother. It seemed that under the radar, the Borealis family had been attempting to breed some interesting blood into the family, and finally with Alabaster, they had some amazing results. Growing up, he almost never spent any time with his father but was raised by a excommunicated cleric of Irori that was meant to drive him toward personal perfection.

The harsh discipline of his youth coupled with a lack of presence of both parents turned Alabaster into quite the rebellious youth. Faced with a son who was constantly pulling pranks and shirking responsibility, he had little recourse but to reconsider his education. Knowing that the young man wanted to make decisions for himself, he was offered three choices of how to deal with the problems he had been making and suffice it to say that he chose to come to this school.

To be continued/ expanded...


M Fetch Nin3/Sorc3|HP:44/44|AC:15(19w/MA)|T:15(19w/MA)|FF:11(15w/MA)|CMD:16|F+5|R+9 |W+4|Ini+8|Per+7|Res cold & elec 5

Hey TCG, I was wondering if I could use an armor special ability from a 3.5 source. It's called twilight armor, reduces the arcane spell failure by 10% for a +1 bonus. I believe it was initially published in the Book of Exalted Deeds and was also mentioned in the PHB2.


Male Half-elf Tea snob 1, Undergrad 5
Dasheel Kai wrote:
Hey TCG, I was wondering if I could use an armor special ability from a 3.5 source. It's called twilight armor, reduces the arcane spell failure by 10% for a +1 bonus. I believe it was initially published in the Book of Exalted Deeds and was also mentioned in the PHB2.

Actually, scratch this cause I'll probably just go for a wand of mage armor for now. No reason to blow half my starting gold on armor.

Also, two more things. 1) What's the deal with mundane gear? Do you want us to bother spelling out all our bits of rope and such? And, 2) I've taken extra rogue talent as a feat, but listed it as extra ninja trick. Just wanted to let you know what's going on with the feats.


What it says on the tin; Caffiene addict 20
Alabaster Boralis wrote:

I am thinking Masterful Demeanor might be a good trait for Al if you allow Campaign Traits.

Also, I might change things up a little in the feats department and go for Eldrich Heritage: Abyssal for more claws per day and some big boosts to Strength after level 11. Any way that I can switch the fire damage from those claws to cold damage instead for continuity?

Can you post/link Masterful Demeanor please?

The feat changes are find and you can swap the energy type if you want.


hgsolo wrote:
Dasheel Kai wrote:
Hey TCG, I was wondering if I could use an armor special ability from a 3.5 source. It's called twilight armor, reduces the arcane spell failure by 10% for a +1 bonus. I believe it was initially published in the Book of Exalted Deeds and was also mentioned in the PHB2.

Actually, scratch this cause I'll probably just go for a wand of mage armor for now. No reason to blow half my starting gold on armor.

Also, two more things. 1) What's the deal with mundane gear? Do you want us to bother spelling out all our bits of rope and such? And, 2) I've taken extra rogue talent as a feat, but listed it as extra ninja trick. Just wanted to let you know what's going on with the feats.

Twilight armor is fine if you change your mind.

You will be in a metropolitan area. You won't necessarily need 50' of rope, for example. However, it's not improbable that you'd have some traveling gear in your footlocker.

This item plus rope is something I make sure all my characters have, but it's not required.

Contains: Backpack, Bedroll, Belt Pouch, Flint & Steel, Hooded Lantern with three pints of Oil, Trail Rations for seven days, Sack, Waterskin, and a Whetstone
Cost: 16 gold
Weight: 27 lb.

Marathon Voter 2013

m Orc 8 Fighter / 2 Champion

Masterful Demeanor

There you go. I'll get the feats changed around in my description a little later. I've got to do breakfast first.


Oterisk wrote:

Masterful Demeanor

There you go. I'll get the feats changed around in my description a little later. I've got to do breakfast first.

Ahh. That's cute and approved.


Female Tiefling Wizard / 1

Seeing as how this a school, maybe we could think up some rumors (including not so nice ones) that may be circulating about our character?


What it says on the tin; Caffiene addict 20
Circe Lavaush wrote:
Seeing as how this a school, maybe we could think up some rumors (including not so nice ones) that may be circulating about our character?

I'll leave the initial details to you. Ill Play off whatever hou start. I'll have some NPC's for things like that. :-)

I think that this crew's tie that binds will be the fact that they're all sort of misfits and outcasts. Breakfast club/ferris Beuler meets Harry potter.


Human Girl Archeologist 6 HP:50 | AC:x T:x FF:x CMD:x | F:x R:x W:x | Init: +x | Per: +x
Oterisk wrote:

Masterful Demeanor

There you go. I'll get the feats changed around in my description a little later. I've got to do breakfast first.

this is something what would fit a tsundere character XD


Female Tiefling Wizard / 1

So who gets to sing Danke Schoen?

But for rumors, the usual sort of thing. Sleeping with her teachers and that she's really just here as an oddity to be studied and not a real student type thing...


Circe Lavaush wrote:
So who gets to sing Danke Schoen?

I do, of course.

Circe Lavaush wrote:
But for rumors, the usual sort of thing. Sleeping with her teachers and that she's really just here as an oddity to be studied and not a real student type thing...

Got it. I can work with that.


What it says on the tin; Caffiene addict 20

Everyone I should have some time this weekend to do some writing and my iPad keyboard will be in tomorrow, so I can actually get some written at work too. Thank you for your patience while I get everything situated. I plan to start introductory sub-plots next week.


M Hu 4UF 1WD Sorc 1DD2 |HP:59/62|AC:18|T:12|FF:17|CMD:21|F+7| R+3| W+4|Ini+5|Per+8

I don't know why, but I built this guy using 20 point buy instead of 25 point buy. So, his intelligence and con got a boost, and because I get Draconic for free as a language now, I will still use Noble Scion, but this time it will be the part of it that switches Charisma for Dexterity in regards to initiative. I switched my Armor trait to Reactionary as the armor trait really doesn't do me any favors, and reflects his childhood better.

---
Alabaster was not treated well as a child by his brothers. Being that he was the only one of the generation that exhibited any promise of a more potent bloodline, he received special treatment. His brothers really resented this and used whatever means at their disposal to harm him. Their father knew what was happening and did nothing to stop it so that his youngest would grow stronger and at times purposefully would make the situation worse. He learned to be quick and anticipate the trouble and often would end up making a break for it, especially at an early age.

One thing that gave him a respite was swimming in the family lake at their estate. His oldest brother never liked swimming and his other brother, who was only a year older tried to drown him once but found the tables turned on him as he wasn't as accustomed to the different environment and quickly left the lake alone after that. He spent quite a bit of time swimming as a child and grew stronger and leaner. In just a few years his brothers learned not to take him lightly and would only attack him together, but just a little while after that he was able to take them both together.

To be continued...


Male Varisian Tattooed Sorcerer(Arcane) 6/Oracle 6(Lore)

I will work on Akydi over the weekend. I sort of have a backstory in mind, but it was never anything I gave too much thought to.

As for rumors, he's more or less a gypsy fortune teller, so anything that can be said about either and both could be said about Aky. Some are probably even true.


M Fetch Nin3/Sorc3|HP:44/44|AC:15(19w/MA)|T:15(19w/MA)|FF:11(15w/MA)|CMD:16|F+5|R+9 |W+4|Ini+8|Per+7|Res cold & elec 5
Circe Lavaush wrote:
But for rumors, the usual sort of thing. Sleeping with her teachers and that she's really just here as an oddity to be studied and not a real student type thing...

Well if it makes you feel any better, everybody knows that my guy is really just here as an oddity to be studied!


Male Varisian Tattooed Sorcerer(Arcane) 6/Oracle 6(Lore)

Why is there no trait that makes Diplomacy a class skill? Also, why must traits be limited to one per category?


Akydidyka Serrin de Aptal wrote:
Why is there no trait that makes Diplomacy a class skill? Also, why must traits be limited to one per category?

New trait:

Practice: You've got a lot of practice using a skill that other's of your profession don't. Pick a skill. You get +1 to that skill and it is a class skill for you.

Not sure about the reason for the 1/category thing. I'll never double check that.


HP 78/78, AC 25/12/23, Saves 11/5/14

There are a number of traits that give Diplomacy as a class skill. Have spoilered three of the six or seven available below.

Traits:
Ease of Faith
Source Pathfinder RPG Character Traits 4
Your mentor, the person who invested your faith in you from an early age, took steps to ensure that you understood that what powers your divine magic is no different than that which powers the magic of other religions. This philosophy makes it easier for you to interact with others who may not share your views. You gain a +1 bonus on Diplomacy checks, and Diplomacy is always a class skill for you.

Extremely Fashionable
Source Adventurer's Armory 30
You really know how to make a good impression when you're dressed well. Whenever you are wearing clothing and/or jewelry worth at least 150 gp (and not otherwise covered in gore, sewage, or other things that mar your overall look), you gain a +1 trait bonus on Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate checks. One of these skills (your choice) is a class skill for you.

World Traveler (Human - Varisian)
Source Legacy of Fire Player's Guide 8
Your family has taken the love of travel to an extreme, roaming the world extensively. You've seen dozens of cultures and have learned to appreciate the diversity of what the world has to offer. Select one of the following skills: Diplomacy, Knowledge (local), or Sense Motive. You gain a +1 trait bonus to that skill, and it is always a class skill for you.


M Half-Elf Alchemist|HP:50/40|AC:15|T:12|FF:12|CMD:15|F+9| R+9| W+6|Init+4|Per+10 Half Elf Alchemist 6th

DM TCG,

This is Dave. Working on Hemlock here, the Half-elf Alchemist and I have a few questions. Hit me up on Skype or in email so we can discuss. I think I have everything ready to go just need to polish up a few points.

Hit points Rolls

Level 1 2d8 ⇒ (5, 4) = 9
Level 2 2d8 ⇒ (7, 3) = 10
Level 3 2d8 ⇒ (6, 6) = 12
Level 4 2d8 ⇒ (6, 2) = 8
Level 5 2d8 ⇒ (6, 1) = 7

So looks like 30 +2 per level, so 40 hit points.


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5

Example for dave


Male Varisian Tattooed Sorcerer(Arcane) 6/Oracle 6(Lore)

Heh, that was supposed to read: "Why are there no Social Traits that make Diplomacy a class skill"...


Female Tiefling Wizard / 1

Will the school be purely academic or will there be various extra-curricular activities? Like sports and such?


Human Girl Archeologist 6 HP:50 | AC:x T:x FF:x CMD:x | F:x R:x W:x | Init: +x | Per: +x

if it is like Japan and some other nations, there may be a requirement to join at least one club for activities


Circe Lavaush wrote:
Will the school be purely academic or will there be various extra-curricular activities? Like sports and such?

I'm sure they do, but it's not the primary focus like with many "football schools" and what not. Many of the sports are ways to improve magical talents. I'll try to think of something specific, but fireball tossing is the first thing that comes to mind. Though that'd be more of a hobby for hot headed young mages.


Merlaine wrote:
if it is like Japan and some other nations, there may be a requirement to join at least one club for activities

The setting is not Japan. It is not Anime. And will not be run as such.


Female Tiefling Wizard / 1

Since some may be in training to be "court wizards", perhaps there'll be classes in manners and such like?


Human Girl Archeologist 6 HP:50 | AC:x T:x FF:x CMD:x | F:x R:x W:x | Init: +x | Per: +x
DM TCG wrote:
Merlaine wrote:
if it is like Japan and some other nations, there may be a requirement to join at least one club for activities
The setting is not Japan. It is not Anime. And will not be run as such.

I didn't say it is, but you already stated there are such activities.

The only question remaining is that if they are free to be joined, or if atleast one is required to be part of. As example, in my nation you are required to go to Homeroom, PE, Arts, History, and be part of one additional club or take an extra real study like Math.

In many other nations Homeroom is not even serious, is nothing like what there is in Hungary, and you can skip it. Maybe skipping isn't even a big deal while in other places you could get into serious trouble after 3 missed classes. Some nations also split PE so that girls and boys don't share classes or go to the same fields/do the same workouts.

In some nations you have to run around switching classes, while in others the teachers go to the classes of the students.

Harry Potter classes/story borrows a lot of how British school system works, anime obviously uses Japanese ones (most of the time, a few cases it represents German education), I assume you are an US citizen and thus will borrow from the US system.

What you assume as obvious on how a school should/would work may for the players be foreign and new. It may require clarification.

I was already in 3 other school-centered games, one normal, two magical. All three got later problems because things weren't clarified from the go. Things like how many classes per day there are, how dorms are handled, all these on first sight minor things can break the flow of the game.


Circe Lavaush wrote:
Since some may be in training to be "court wizards", perhaps there'll be classes in manners and such like?

There will be lots of optional classes. Even if there's not an official "courtly manners" class I'm sure you can find a mentor for such a thing. Though in that case "court mage 101" is probably popular enough to be an official class. It teaches manners and what is and is not appropriate for a court wizard classically trained at the Academy.


This is definitely a "students go to the teachers" system. Many of the classes will have specialized equipment, etc.


Human Girl Archeologist 6 HP:50 | AC:x T:x FF:x CMD:x | F:x R:x W:x | Init: +x | Per: +x
DM TCG wrote:
This is definitely a "students go to the teachers" system. Many of the classes will have specialized equipment, etc.

I see, well this I wouldn't have known myself, as when I still went to school we only ever had to go to the Lab for Chem classes :)

Maybe you think I am poking at you or messing with you, but I only want to have things like this clarified as soon as possible because I experienced how these details can break apart a good game.


Merlaine wrote:
DM TCG wrote:
This is definitely a "students go to the teachers" system. Many of the classes will have specialized equipment, etc.

I see, well this I wouldn't have known myself, as when I still went to school we only ever had to go to the Lab for Chem classes :)

Maybe you think I am poking at you or messing with you, but I only want to have things like this clarified as soon as possible because I experienced how these details can break apart a good game.

Merlaine, with respect. If the players express confusion I'll clarify. Plus the game hasn't started, so I haven't had opportunity to explain certain details.

I don't mind you lurking, but please refrain from commenting on other peoples games. It's bad form.


Human Girl Archeologist 6 HP:50 | AC:x T:x FF:x CMD:x | F:x R:x W:x | Init: +x | Per: +x

I am sorry if you feel offended, I expressed my concerns exactly because it is at the very start of it, so you can avoid any such mentioned problems and not let players argue over it for days :)

You know that I still wish to play too, so clarification on the matters would also benefit me, and all other lurkers who may get in. XD
/casts Invisibility

1 to 50 of 363 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post Discussion / The elder games Discussion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.