Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Drow

Game Master Tanis Newlun

Be ready, to explore the Drow's twisted ways...


401 to 450 of 580 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5
GM The Drow wrote:
Do not forget the glowing rune Belgraen on your forehead, big old rune saying "Summoner here" :)

Oh yea.

...And a big glowing rune on his forehead.


HP: 32/49 | AC20 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD19| F +4| R +5| W +4| Init +2| Per +11 Drow Oracle(black blood battle) 5/Gunslinger 1

Luaediin is wearing a wicked spiked breastplate with vicious twists and gnarls. Beneath that he wears leather and on his head a large well worn hat. The hat hidea a fact you can tell just by looking, but most would never guess. Luaediin doesn't know much about guns. Strangely that doesn't make you feel any more at ease as you see him unconsciously reach down and finger the grip of his revolver. His red eyes dart up to yours as he notices your gaze. you see his skin tone is different than the others, darker, or flushed it's hard to tell with Drow, something is off with this one. He smiles a disturbing grimace. Your belly doesn't feel right, and your suddenly glad you can't read minds.


Iron fist show you to the door once more and you walk out to the halls, some time later you find yourselves at the top of the keep looking at a number of large Air Ships. They have props and large Gass bags under them is a kind of ship platform. You see dwarfs readying to head out.

"I go on the flag ship, I'm going to put you all on number 7 ship its faster and has the job of spotting, you will see more, I am sorry I can not be with you but I must command the attack, Redeye will stay with you.
You will see just what we can do now., Red look after them I will see you after the attack.

with that he heads off the a large Air ship.

"Well get your self's ready if you need any thing say so fast"


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5

Bel looks around then says casually:

"I'm ready when you are."


HP: 30/31 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +5 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +9 | SR 16

"Let's get in the air."


the next post will be a long one and I need to do it at home on my spell chacker PC guys, will ill do it later, but for now you head on to a smaller airship that seems to have been built for speed


Male Dwarven Gunslinger 5

Shaking his head at their odd appearances, Norric gathers the rest of his gear and heads to dock number 7 with the others.

Did everyone pick up a gun for themselves or does just Luaediin have some? Besides the dwarves of course.

With a glance at Luaediin's belt, "They teach you to use those things properly yet?"


HP: 30/31 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +5 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +9 | SR 16

I picked up a rifle. Wasn't my original plan, but then I wasn't expecting to become the defacto leader/support role either (though I guess I should have being noble and all)


Naal'suul just as your getting on the craft two Dwarfs come with you holes.

"All ready can packed mam"

Redeye nods.

"See thats Dwarf efficiency for you."

So you new have all the arms in the two holes it up to you what you do with them from here on in


HP: 32/49 | AC20 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD19| F +4| R +5| W +4| Init +2| Per +11 Drow Oracle(black blood battle) 5/Gunslinger 1

Redeye, taught me which end is dangerous. I figured the rest out from there.

before we leave can i pick up a ring of sustinence?


If you ask redeye he takes one of his finger and gives it to you Luaedinn


HP: 32/49 | AC20 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD19| F +4| R +5| W +4| Init +2| Per +11 Drow Oracle(black blood battle) 5/Gunslinger 1

it probably would have come up when he brought me the guns and we had some small talk. I would have asked if he knew the best ring dealer and hopefully his generousity would follow. So if your cool with that ill record it in inventory.


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5

Standing on the edge of the airship with his hands casually placed behind his back. He turns his body as the dwarves carrying the weapons pass.

He quirks his lip thoughtfully and says.

"Hummm..."

After a moment he shifts his stance again and turns to Norrick.

"Norrick, right? So any of those contraptions require very little skill to use. Perhaps something that just lets loose a spray in an area? I'm not much of a martial type, but I am very interested in anything that could give me an edge. Are any of those weapons perhaps in that category?"


Ok Luaedinn you get one at the keep before the flight.

You can see all round you at the top of the keep airships being cast off, they seem to be large bags of some kind the want to go up with a war platform slung underneath, you round blades in pears at the front and back of the platforms, the rotate very fast as the craft move off an you feel the air push past you from them. They also swivel so they can push the aircraft up and away. there dos not seem to be that meany per airship crew and you not they all have a kind of hook and rope that used to keep them tethered to the craft. As you get on your all given a harness and rope/hook to put on.

Redeye says. "can get a bit turbulent up there of the elfs use weather magic. best put them on, one of the crew will show you if you need help"

You on a scout craft, so its not as heavily armed as the other, but you see pips spouting out form the sides of the other craft and racks of what look to be large darts pointing down would. You platform is some 70' long and 40' wide and 30' deep the gas bags above is a long oval shape made of some kind of silk with cables.

"Its a good ship, shes called the 'SkyArrow' cus shes one of the fastest ships in the feet. We are talking out 8 air ships, The mean force is headed to the Colom of troops to brake that up, be we have a after job, We know the elfs has a city in the making to the south, We are going pay that a visit so the colom thinks we are attacking that as a diversion. its a 6 hour trip and we will be going high to pick you the wind river so we go fast. So rap up warm and feel free to look around the craft and talk to the crew, once we get close I will tell you."

you walk onto the lower deck then up the ladders to the top floors, soon you off and you see the rest of the feel go to the SE will you go DueSouth. Up and up you go until the land below small, then the craft seems to speed up as you hit some kid of river of wind in the air,

Redeye has to shout,
"Now you will see some speed."

You fly along faster then you have ever moved before.

The ships areas.
Decks 3 - top
Middle, captain
Front - Spotter and looking glass
Port - long range Sniper guns x 4
Port -long range Sniper guns x 4
Aft - Hook canon.

Second - mid
Middle - Sleeping quarters
Front 'Fire-canon' x1 (oil)
Port - Large dart things
Starboard - Large dart things
Aft - Smoke maker.

1st lower -deck
Front - Bording platform ramp
Shielding
cargo
power Room??. (You can not go in this room

Crew 12 + you.

So you have six hours to look around.


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5

To pass the time Belgraen will take a good long look around the ship. Just wandering and seeing what's what. General curiosity.

Perception 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29

If I can take 10 or 20 I'll do that. If I can the total will be either 24 or 34.


HP: 32/49 | AC20 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD19| F +4| R +5| W +4| Init +2| Per +11 Drow Oracle(black blood battle) 5/Gunslinger 1

Luaediin does not have time for curiousity. He keeps vigil over Naal as always following her at arms length wherever they go. He looks over the whole crew as if any could be the one to betray them.

Perception1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26


Male Dwarven Gunslinger 5

"Any fool can pull the trigger and hope they can hit something. And any fool will get himself and others killed for nothin'. Now if your sprayin' enough you'll be alright. we got somethin' that does fit the bill there. It looked like we loaded you with some blunderbusses. They're a wee bit temperamental but when you load 'em with pellets they'll hit about anything in about a 15 foot spray. That might be what your looking for."

When handed his tether and harness, Norric quickly slips it on with the ease of practice. Once he is secure he assists the drow's harness.

"Depending how much turbulence we get we might get the captain to set up some targets for you to try for. As fast as he's talkin' though it might be best wait till we're movin' a bit slower."


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5
Norric Kolmmek wrote:

"Any fool can pull the trigger and hope they can hit something. And any fool will get himself and others killed for nothin'. Now if your sprayin' enough you'll be alright. we got somethin' that does fit the bill there. It looked like we loaded you with some blunderbusses. They're a wee bit temperamental but when you load 'em with pellets they'll hit about anything in about a 15 foot spray. That might be what your looking for."

When handed his tether and harness, Norric quickly slips it on with the ease of practice. Once he is secure he assists the drow's harness.

"Depending how much turbulence we get we might get the captain to set up some targets for you to try for. As fast as he's talkin' though it might be best wait till we're movin' a bit slower."

"Oh, I don't make it a habit of getting near things that want to kill me. I have other means at my disposal. The weapon is more of a curiosity for me than something I'll need regularly. Though, this blunderbuss sounds about right."

Unless someone prevents it Bel will get a blunderbuss and get one of the dwarves to help him load it properly.


You will have to ask Naal'suul


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5
GM The Drow wrote:
You will have to ask Naal'suul

Before going to the hold Bel finds and approached Naal'suul.

"Mistress, with your permission I would like to carry one of the weapons from the hold. Specifically a blunderbuss. It could be of great help should I inadvertantly get too close to a combatant."


HP: 30/31 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +5 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +9 | SR 16

"I don't think they loaded any on board... Here, I put a few of each type in my haversack. Here's one sack of powder and ammo, but use whatever they give you first. I want to conserve the comsumables. They can replace their stocks more easily."

She seems to be in an unusually good mood right now. She goes back to staring outside at the ground far below, occasionally fiddling with the dark goggles they were given for the ride.

I am assuming about the goggles but since they have been considerate of our eyes so far, I figured it a safe assumtion, at least for the ride. You can always stomp me otherwise.

The sack contains a powder horn and as many shots as the horn would have powder for.


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5
Naal'suul wrote:

"I don't think they loaded any on board... Here, I put a few of each type in my haversack. Here's one sack of powder and ammo, but use whatever they give you first. I want to conserve the comsumables. They can replace their stocks more easily."

She seems to be in an unusually good mood right now. She goes back to staring outside at the ground far below, occasionally fiddling with the dark goggles they were given for the ride.

I am assuming about the goggles but since they have been considerate of our eyes so far, I figured it a safe assumtion, at least for the ride. You can always stomp me otherwise.

The sack contains a powder horn and as many shots as the horn would have powder for.

"Thank you, Mistress." Taking her body language in a moment. "It's good to see you in high spirits. Any reason in particular or just looking forward to the upcoming slaughter?"


That is a good point about the goggles, yes I think they would give all of you some thing like welding goggles that give a green tint to the world, you can get bags of Powder and shot on the airship

@Belgraen with that spot check you find some odd looking back packs, and a small room with a crystal in it.


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5
GM The Drow wrote:

That is a good point about the goggles, yes I think they would give all of you some thing like welding goggles that give a green tint to the world, you can get bags of Powder and shot on the airship

@Belgraen with that spot check you find some odd looking back packs, and a small room with a crystal in it.

Detect magic on the bags and is anyone around?


no magic, your alone


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5

Experimentally open the backpack. If possible from a distance with mage hand. Just trying to move enough to see whats inside.

Crystal room: Is the crystal just sitting on the ground, or is it attached to something. Also what size and shape is is? Detect Magic?


The backpack springs open and a lot of cloth and silk rope falls out.

The crystal is set in a complex looking frame, you not that fine wires lead from it to the room and the out into the runes on the aircrafts out gasbags and platform. Roll Spell craft of other magic skills to know what they mean.


HP: 30/31 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +5 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +9 | SR 16

I hope we don't need the backpack he just messed up. They are not so quick and easy to pack back up again.

"I like flying. It's like my ability to float, but better. And of course the ability to drop on top of my foes or remain out of reach is always nice."


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5
GM The Drow wrote:

The backpack springs open and a lot of cloth and silk rope falls out.

The crystal is set in a complex looking frame, you not that fine wires lead from it to the room and the out into the runes on the aircrafts out gasbags and platform. Roll Spell craft of other magic skills to know what they mean.

Staring at the crystal Belgraen concentrates on his magical sight and cocks his head slightly

Spellcraft 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Arcana 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5
Naal'suul wrote:

I hope we don't need the backpack he just messed up. They are not so quick and easy to pack back up again.

"I like flying. It's like my ability to float, but better. And of course the ability to drop on top of my foes or remain out of reach is always nice."

"Understood. I do enjoy flying myself. Though it's nice to be on a craft."


Your all alone Belgraen, talking to ya self 1st sign of madness :)


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5
GM The Drow wrote:
Your all alone Belgraen, talking to ya self 1st sign of madness :)

Was playing two scenes at once, but Bel's not the brightest and he's a bit off in the head.


Male Dwarven Gunslinger 5

yeah can be a bit confusing with lots of downtime.

Norric will teach Belgraen how to use the blunderbuss he was given by his master. Then will offer lessons to the others in their guns of choice.


A crew member comes and finds you

"We're coming up to the target, Redeye as you meet him on the top deck sir/ma'am"

You all meet up with him he's looking out a large spy glass,

"Well this is it, see them tall trees over to port, thats the city, I know it just looks like very tall trees but the elfs have good magics to hide where they live. This here spyglass how ever can see past it."

he offers you a look.


HP: 30/31 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +5 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +9 | SR 16

Naal takes a peek with the eyeglass. "Looks about time to see what we can do." Naal places herself near a handhold with a good view, and checks her rifle.


where you should see trees you see a teaming tree house city 100s of inter locking walk ways and high raised streets, you can see humans and elves working and walking about, they do not seem to have spotted you yet. At the center you see a stall tree that has a deeper green look to it, It astonishingly beautiful if your into that kind of thing. You can see what looks to be 4 large towers with giant cross bows on around the city.


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5

When his lady is finished Bel takes a peek.


HP: 32/49 | AC20 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD19| F +4| R +5| W +4| Init +2| Per +11 Drow Oracle(black blood battle) 5/Gunslinger 1

Many elves will die this day.. Luaediin says with a straight face as he takes his bow out and knocks an arrow.


Redeye is talking with the captain,

"Its seems they have some thing new for us, the towers are new and we have no idea whats on them, I say we just set the protective Gen field to fire but maker unless we know whats on that tower we may be flying into a trap."

Captain

"Why do you say one tower?
Redeye

"Looking at the range only one can shoot at us at a time. We can come in from the north and just hope we hit it before it hits us, its a blasted shame we had have no flyers with or we could set the gen to Invis and use flyers to take out the tower guards, then drop a team down and find out whats on there."

Caption.

"Your right Captain, if they have some thing new the whole feel may be in grave danger when it hits that Colom later today. This is just a diversion attack not kitted out for a recon, we just do not have the skilled fighters to get on there and give us time to snoop around, your lads or good but they are flyers, its a blasted shame that's what it is, and we have the wing packs and all, if only we had some troops to go with them, drop down there and take out the elfs, if only for a short wile"


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5

Belgraen turns his head sharply to make sure he still has his wings.

"Well, if I had some means to cloak myself I could carry a squad or two down using the portable holes. '


"We could get you there with a draft of Inviability, but I have a craft crew only on, this was meant to be a run over the top and fire them not a ground attack, its troops we need lad and we have none"

Says the Captain.

Redeye looks at you all.


HP: 30/31 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +5 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +9 | SR 16

"Well then, time to see if you will hang around for us to come back up. Show us these wing packs of yours and we will go down and enjoy ourselves for awhile, see what those towers do." Naal looks thoughtful, but calm.


Male Dwarven Gunslinger 5

Is it safe to assume Norric has had experience with wing packs? and if so I am assuming they are jet packs of a sort Rockateer-like?


They are like Para gliding packs with a one use summoned small air elemental to guide you down to you target, like a para-shoots with good aim. You will have to sky dive in close and then deploy your shots you get the element of supprize, Norric that can be slaved to your Wing pack. So you will be flying them in. All they have to do is drop off the side of the air ship and hight and pray you get it right, that is every one who can not fly here.

There is a slight fail chance. 2% fail.

You and bjorkson would have done a drop like this before many times.

IF bjorkson dos not post by the time you all jump I feel he may have a roll of 001% by default.


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5

Belgraen waits paiently as the others figure out how they plan to descend. But at some point adds

"Down is generally simpler than up. Just watch that last step. *turning to Naal* Mistress, We may want to take a portable hole so I can fly us back up as needed. Unless of course you have an alternate plan for ascension. "


HP: 30/31 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +5 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +9 | SR 16

She looks to the dwarf, "How do you normally ascend?"


"Ropes are dropped and we get pulled back up, kind of makes our boys fight all that bit harder"


Male Dwarven Gunslinger 5

Looking to ship captain, "Sir, can I get some charges. I thought I might leave a little gift for 'em as we leave."

Assuming permission granted he will get a handful of charges from the weapons lockers, while the wing packs are being prepped.


he nods Norric, he knows you have done this before


HP: 30/31 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +5 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +9 | SR 16

"Shouldn't need ropes, Bel can fly maybe even with a person and I can fit three or four tightly in my portable hole then I can float on up, though I don't have much sideways control, but it would keep the boat out of firing range."

401 to 450 of 580 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Drow; Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.