Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Drow

Game Master Tanis Newlun

Be ready, to explore the Drow's twisted ways...


351 to 400 of 580 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Hp: 35/35| AC:17| T:13| FF:14| CMD:19| F:+5| R:+4| W:+4| Inti:+3| Per:+7 Drow Magus/5

initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Listening to his friends, and the negotiations, Tera finally speaks up, we dont need weapons, good hard gold is what our city, our house and ourselves need. A new age gun is mere melted metal in the face of magic and swords.

He looks to Naal, the rifels are useless in hands of untrained drow. To place victory in new weapons, wed need time to train, time we dont have. Take gold, or magical armor and weapons we kno how to use.

As the dwarf yells seal, and rants about the invisible spy, Tera unsheaths his sword, running his first two fingers up the broad side of the blade. Using his arcane pool points to infuse it with flaming burst magic. Move/swift action

He "switches on" detect magic and readys a spell as well, as soon as he locates the enemy he uleashes his burning hands spell. swift/standard action`

readies burning hands spell:

To hit touch ac: 16 (forgot other bonuses)
Fire damage: 22
mtouchatk: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
bhdam: 5d6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 4, 1, 4, 4) + 6 = 22


The bat indicates its running over the roof of room fast, its having a hard time keeping up, what ever it is moveing fast.


map is here, please place your selves

guns are on the yellow tables, the seat in the room have been taken out.

Round 1
initiative:
Unseen thing moves
Luaediin Or'danel 20+ calls bat
bat hunts unseen thing
Terakeer 20- spells ready
Naal'suul 18 +1 to hit all leadership
Luaediin Or'danel pulls guns no action next to Naal'suul
Redeye pulls guns 15
Ironfist casts spell 10
Guards move to Ironfist 10-

Round 2


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5

Bel withdraws and readies his heavy crossbow. (I think that's a full round)


Hp: 35/35| AC:17| T:13| FF:14| CMD:19| F:+5| R:+4| W:+4| Inti:+3| Per:+7 Drow Magus/5

not able to edit map, or red legend. So i dunno what the different color strs mean, can someone plz put me on map,, atop the topright table?

Tera keeps his spell ready, and steps onto a chair an them the table on the top right, any chance them new toys of yours blast through wlls Lua? he says, pointing up with his sword.

spell holds for 1 min per level i believe, or is it just one minute?


Ill look at map check edit is on, Google docs keeps doing this to me.:) Sorry on list had Luaediin Or'danel down as Belgraen wrong will fix, me bad

Ironfist looks to be telling his guards to aim at the wall where the bats hovering around.

Its says on Google Docs any one the the link can edit so I am at a loss as to why it dos not work:(

Updated map here


Hp: 35/35| AC:17| T:13| FF:14| CMD:19| F:+5| R:+4| W:+4| Inti:+3| Per:+7 Drow Magus/5

Its cause i post from my phone. Nothin on your end. My phone wont let me edit any googledocs, even one of my own.


KK understood I poped ya in


HP: 30/31 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +5 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +9 | SR 16

the only thing I know of and can find rules wise for holding a spell, is touch spells, which are held indefinately or until discharged or when you cast another spell.
I don't have access to a real computer, and my phone doesn't like google docs, so I can't place myself, or even see the document.


are that is a problem, let me thing about it


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5
Naal'suul wrote:

the only thing I know of and can find rules wise for holding a spell, is touch spells, which are held indefinately or until discharged or when you cast another spell.

I don't have access to a real computer, and my phone doesn't like google docs, so I can't place myself, or even see the document.

I think the duration is based on concentration.

On another note, I forgot to put myself on the map at home. If someone can drop me somewhere I'd appreciate it. I'd be a step or two behind Naal as is appropriate for a male.


With a shot all Ironfists guards shoot at once at the location the bat seems to be around.

GM rolls:

IG 11d20 - 5 ⇒ (8) - 5 = 3
IG 21d20 - 5 ⇒ (9) - 5 = 4
IG 31d20 - 5 ⇒ (12) - 5 = 7
IG 41d20 - 5 ⇒ (7) - 5 = 2

IF 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (3) - 5 = -2
RI 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (3) - 5 = -2g1
RI 1d20 - 7 ⇒ (2) - 7 = -5g2

and they all miss of couse

The thing is really fast it move down on to the ground what ever it is.


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5

Perception 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30

Bel readies an action to drop fairie fire on the creature as soon as he gets a good idea where it is.


HP: 32/49 | AC20 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD19| F +4| R +5| W +4| Init +2| Per +11 Drow Oracle(black blood battle) 5/Gunslinger 1

Luaediin takes this opportunity while the could be assassin is dodging bullets to drop his polearm and draw a revolver (with normal bullets) and a flail. he waits for a better cue to it's whereabouts before unleashing a round.


Round 3

initiative:
XX Unseen thing moves Gets shot and drops to floor
21 Belgraen spots it move some water and hits it with fairie fire.
for a moment you see some thing but is gone
for that moment some thing shows up,
Perception DC21
If you make it make a nature roll DC20
if you make that

you think it may be a:

will-o--wisp of some kind

20 bat hunts unseen thing down to flow
Terakeer 20
Naal'suul 18
17 Luaediin Or'danel pulls guns and flail
Redeye pulls guns 10 looking for thing
Ironfist casts spell 10 looking for thing
Guards move to Ironfist 10 looking for thing


HP: 32/49 | AC20 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD19| F +4| R +5| W +4| Init +2| Per +11 Drow Oracle(black blood battle) 5/Gunslinger 1

i think were all playing by phone recently i know i havent put myself on map yet because of that.


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5

If the creature got hit by Faerie fire it should still be outlined even if it's invisible. It would get a -20 to stealth checks. Unless of course it has Spell resistance then it may not work, but the spell doesnt have a saving throw.


Any spell which lets you have Spell resistance will not work on it, ya got to think of another plan :)


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5
GM The Drow wrote:
Any spell which lets you have Spell resistance will not work on it, ya got to think of another plan :)

OOOHH. I gotcha.

Knoweldge roll:

I'm not sure what knowledge is appropriate, but i have all of them at +8.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


You know its a will-o--wisp


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5

"It's a will of the wisp. It's immune to most magics and is naturally invisible. Try throwing a net on it or just bashing it to death with your weapons." Bel says aloud.


At that it heads the sound of Belgraen every one in the room is fit with Fear DC20 v will, (Magic affect.)


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5
GM The Drow wrote:
At that it heads the sound of Belgraen every one in the room is fit with Fear DC20 v will, (Magic affect.)

My spell resistance is 11. If it overcomes that 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


HP: 30/31 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +5 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +9 | SR 16

SR 16,

Will, just in cast: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Naal lines up a shot, making sure to not hit anything behind where she thinks the wisp is and fires.

Attack with the rifle: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 62
You didn't give me the stats for it so I need to look it up later. My computer is down so my phone is my only internet.


Ill wait on the others to act,


Male Dwarven Gunslinger 5

After taking position at Ironfist's left side, he is attempting to locate the intruder when the wave of fear hits him.

Will:1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 2 = 21

Shaking it off he continues his search for the creature.

Perception:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

If he is successful at spotting the target he will take his shot otherwise will maintain a ready action to fire when he sees it.

Attack:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Damage1d10 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


1d100 ⇒ 48 hit chance 50+ miss
Hit DMG Noted, With Norric the hit the thing appearances
Its a Will-o-wips and but its now Blinking.


HP: 32/49 | AC20 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD19| F +4| R +5| W +4| Init +2| Per +11 Drow Oracle(black blood battle) 5/Gunslinger 1

Will save:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Luaediin gleefully fires a shot at the now flickering thing hoping to disorient it more.

Attack:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Damage:1d8 ⇒ 8

He seems amazed. At the power that rang from his hand and he bursts out into a fit of manaiacal laughter. For a few seconds he almost seems like the source of your fear as his darkness infects you. He quickly compses himself and takes aim for another shot nsever loosing his grip on the flail.


dwarf dwarf gunslinger/5

Takes up position at iron fists right side attempting to late the creature

will save
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

if spotted will attack take my shot

Attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27 +1 if creature is with in 30ft

Damage 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Ok all here, and its now out in the open, its blinking, has Blur running and it once more trying to go invisible, This sucker is hard to hit.

Round 4 round up (most of the last 2 round you have been trying to spot the thing.

Round 1
initiative:

20 + Belgraen Spots it and calls out its a will-o-wisp pointing. (hit by fear next round)
20 + bat moves to bite next round 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 v fear next round
20 - Unseen thing hits all in the room with DC20 fear
19 Terakeer (saves v fear GM roll) To act
18 Naal'suul +1 to hit all leadership
15 Luaediin Or'danel saves v fear and shoots 1d100 ⇒ 76 50%+ miss miss
15 Redeye pulls out dust of appearance and thows at thing 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 1d100 ⇒ 89 50%+ miss hits
You can now see the thing as it blinks.
15 bjorkson fails will save v fear and drops his gun and runs, 1d3 ⇒ 1 rounds
10+ Norric Kolmmek make will save and shoots 1d100 ⇒ 69 50%+ miss miss
10 Ironfist 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13 will save casts communal protection from good. +2 AC all saves
10 Guard 3 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 will save v fear drops his gun and runs, 1d3 ⇒ 3 rounds
10 Guard 4 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 will save v fear fires 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 1d100 ⇒ 73 50%+ miss

The dust of appearance has Nerfed its stealth and Invis powers, for a few rounds but its blinking and seems to be trying to get throw the walls but they are stopping it.

Round 5


You can now all see the thing is a ball of light just above the floor
its winking on and off. At is center if a blue glow.


HP: 30/31 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +5 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +9 | SR 16

Naal fires again at it,
Rifle, Assuming mstrwk: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 201d10 ⇒ 10
miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 20

"Don't forget to watch past your target for comrades."

In a circle like this, I'll be impressed if they don't hit each other, and it'll be proof that some of the books down there exagerate ineptness.


Sorry did not tell you stats yes there are all MWRifles Thats a hit on your go and max damage

Naal'suul takes aim and shots the thing as it moves once more into the air, The blast rips into its form, punching a whole in it.


Tera will unleash burning hands through spell combat,

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11 atk
1d100 ⇒ 22 miss
sdam: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

bhdam: 6d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 5, 5, 4, 1) = 25


thats a hit im playing 50%+ miss, so you hit how ever as a woll-o-wips gets off spells that give a Spell Resistance your spell has no effect


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5

Bel will casually load and fire his heavy crossbow. He's not expecting much, but he may as well contribute as the entire room is going to be shooting. He does make sure that no one other than the wisp is in his line of fire.

Heavy crossbow 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 281d10 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Miss chance 1d100 ⇒ 26


HP: 32/49 | AC20 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD19| F +4| R +5| W +4| Init +2| Per +11 Drow Oracle(black blood battle) 5/Gunslinger 1

Luaediin fires again chuckling a bit to himself.

Attack:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Damage:1d8 ⇒ 6

Miss hance:1d100 ⇒ 4

bel isnt that a possible crit with a crossbow?


You hit DMG noted


Male Dwarven Gunslinger 5

Trying to get a bead on the target, Norric waits just a moment before taking his first shot.

Attack (da):1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Letting out a curse as the creature juked out of line out his shot, Norric readies another shot.


Iron fist calls out
"Stand back every one, Vents 7 and 8 NOW!"

Then the room is full of fire, what rains down on the thing is molten lead, its plashes around

Ref save if you said you where close to it DC11

then it stops.

"Ok close the vents"

You can see holes close above you heads.

"Always good to have a fail safe, shame I wanted to take the thing alive, but BLAST IT! they some how new you where here. OPEN"
he says.

The door to the room opens and a mass of Dwarf Guards rush in sweeping the whole room.

"Come lets go to my rooms they I know are safe, redeye dig that thing out from under the lead and find out just why we did not pick it up! Norric, bjorkson with us I need you for some thing."

You walk down some passages and make your way to what looks to be a strong room, our side a dwarf waits.

"hes going to wight use, so we now just whats in the room, any thing comes in and we will know"

You are lead into a the room and the door is close.

"This is Norric, bjorkson the deal is this, we swop weapons what I offer for what you have, but I would like Norric, bjorkson to go with you, they can train your men, fix mend the guns, this is no negotiable, I need my own eyes and ears with you, just so you know but they will be working for you Naal'suul, we can help each other I feel, I need you to help me and you need me to help you down below. Your weak and your enemy's are strong, we have the same problem. so what do you say. Talk to them you will find they are good fights and know what they are talking about."

The door opens and Redeye comes in with the weapons.

The throws a talisman to Ironfist,
"Undeaad magic, hid it from our scrying and other magics, high level stuff so our Mages say. Dead now but it means some of the undead lords are doing more than looking on, not good news."

Ironfist looks at it then back at you.
[b]"well what do you say?"


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5

As it's usefulness has passed Belgraen dismisses the DireBat as he follows the others down the hall.

After Ironfist speaks Bel adds.

"I'm sorry what did you say? High level undead magic? What does that mean exactly?"


Redeye talks
"There is in the world a force that until now has been on the side lines, from my spys or the ones that are not dead I think they are a cable of undead Leaches and Vampire clans plus some others, from what we spotted down below they seem to be based down there not up here. I hear tell also of an city of the undead, if such a thing is real then thats where they will be based. This"

he holds up the now usless amulet,

"was powered by negative energy, the thing we fight in the command room was undead and shielded from out magics. A kind of magic our mages have not seen before, dark undead magic. What this means is we now have another player in the game, that was no Elf spy, we would have spotted that, no this was some thing new, But them and why now?"


HP: 30/31 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +5 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +9 | SR 16

"Really nice beautifull magic, crafted by ugly undead."

She turns to Ironfist, "You have yourself a deal, just let me know where you want me to empty the portable holes."

You ninjad me, :)


"Here is best, I was hoping you could stay but know I know others know your here, well, it could be risky. But I think we have time for one flight. we are planning a battle run later to day, we spotted a Column of troops some 50 miles always, in a town we know the elfs forces have inflated. You may be safer in the air for the time being wile your wholes are being packed with the arms. Norric and bjorkson will come with us and they can give you some shooting practice. What do you all say, fancy seeing what we can do in a fight?

All ready your arms are being taken out if the holes and the guns are being packed one by one and placed in them, its slow going but they are taking great care with the fire arms.

What you get:

30 Rifles,
60 Pistols,
10 blunderbuss's
10 kegs of powder
6,000 Rifle rounds
12,000 Pistols rounds
20 gun smiting kits
8 small Barrels of (NapFire) (Alchemist fire thats 100% better)
100 Frag bombs.


HP: 30/31 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +5 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +9 | SR 16

"I always like looking down on others." she smiles wickedly.


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5
Naal'suul wrote:
"I always like looking down on others." she smiles wickedly.

Bel puffs his wings slightly and smiles in wicked agreement.


Male Dwarven Gunslinger 5

Nodding in acknowledgement of his lord's order's, Norric looks over his new superior and her companions with a closer eye.


HP: 30/31 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +5 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +9 | SR 16

Naal is about 5'6", with an athletic build. Her eyes are light purple, her white hair braided down to her calves, tied off with a small ribbon, and a red lock frames the left side of her face. Her right hand has a jagged and unusual scar that dissappears into her sleeve.
She is deep red shirt under scale armor, with a red vest. Her deep red pants are tucked into boots that come up to just under her knees. She has a black cloak and a slim sack on her and a couple belt pouches, each lavishly decorated in various styles.

She eyes the two dwarves that will be following her around, then with neither approval nor disapproval turns to follow Ironfist to this flying contraption of his.


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5

Belgraen is an average sized male Drow. White hair and dark eyes. Presently he has an almost imperceptable sheen to him and a pair of large bat wings coming from his back. His clothes are masterfully made and fashionable, though he sears no armor and only has a small bag tied to his hip.


Do not forget the glowing rune Belgraen on your forehead, big old rune saying "Summoner here" :)

351 to 400 of 580 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Drow; Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.