Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Drow

Game Master Tanis Newlun

Be ready, to explore the Drow's twisted ways...


151 to 200 of 580 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

HP: 32/49 | AC20 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD19| F +4| R +5| W +4| Init +2| Per +11 Drow Oracle(black blood battle) 5/Gunslinger 1

Derpa derp, Lueadinn is not the brightest, just devious. No spellcraft.


The Caravan leader dos not seem want to say, he looks at Luaediin very scared, as the one of the two large Drow from the end caravan starts to walk over and calls him by name, saying he is needed. As you look back you see a small window slit slam shoot in the last wagon.

Will Saves please DC18 (not bad just to see some thing)


HP: 32/49 | AC20 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD19| F +4| R +5| W +4| Init +2| Per +11 Drow Oracle(black blood battle) 5/Gunslinger 1

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Hp: 35/35| AC:17| T:13| FF:14| CMD:19| F:+5| R:+4| W:+4| Inti:+3| Per:+7 Drow Magus/5

Terakeer goes to check out the markings, cast detect magic, spell craft:
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27 and k. Arcana:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

Will save forwhen terakeer comes back from the room: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

any reply from caravan guards when terakeer checks out the wares? Whats inside the wagons? I rolled the perception for it


Link to my post Terakeer

You rolls mean you know it was some high level devine anti-scrying spell, + a teleport spell.


HP: 30/31 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +5 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +9 | SR 16

Will Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

So she wasn't the only Matron to come, I thought as much. But why are they all incognito?


@Naal'suul you see the last wagon has a illusion on it, in fact its armored.

The Caravan leader says,
"we had orders to protect the last wagon at all costs, that all I am willing to so, or my life will be the price."

He hurry's off back to the caravan as the caravan is starting to move out.

@

Luaediin:

Wile others look at the caravan moving out and other things your bodyguard training, means you look where no is looking danger can come from any where. As you do, you not two of the Caravan guards walking back from dump site of the undead, they seem to have dumped a body rolled in cloth, yet as far as you know, non of the caravan guards helped with the clean up. They walk back and join the ranks marching out of the last gate of the Drow lands.


HP: 32/49 | AC20 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD19| F +4| R +5| W +4| Init +2| Per +11 Drow Oracle(black blood battle) 5/Gunslinger 1

Luaediin speaks in a hushed tone to Naal'suul

My lady, look there. Two guards away from the pack, it looks like they dropped a package in the corpses. Something seems off.


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5

Belgraen goes from the room with the markings to where Naal Suul is.

With a subordinate bow Bel asks "May I be of assistane with anything, Matron?"


Hp: 35/35| AC:17| T:13| FF:14| CMD:19| F:+5| R:+4| W:+4| Inti:+3| Per:+7 Drow Magus/5

Terkeer trails just behind Bel, thinking Someone telported in here, took care of our matron, and of course block any sort of scrying so he wouldn't be caught... None of us could teleport, so who ever killed the Matron isn't That close to us... But, close enough to be with us for sure... Now, who could teleport..

Naal; we've got problems... He pulls all three of them to the side, speaking in a hushed voice, not to be overheard...

The weapons the caravan is carrying are childs things, toys at most. The markings in the room are remnants of a Teleport spell, and of course a sort of anti-scrying ward. Theres someone among us stronger than we are... I've yet to see anyone who fits this description, but I've not seen inside the last wagon ether. The rest carry fake weapons... If that guard is sworn to protect that last wagon, maybe we should see whats inside.

Tera eyes that last wagon while awaiting his teams response.


HP: 30/31 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +5 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +9 | SR 16

"I already now about the weapons and spells, as for the last wagon, the question is who, not what, and it is likely another matron mother. Bel grab a lizard find out who they dumped and catch up to us. It's probably the assassin but find out for sure. Oh and keep in mind, we are probably being scryed upon by someone. So watch what you say and do."

Naal'suul takes up her spot on the wagon this time, much more wary of the drow then outside danger's.


Hp: 35/35| AC:17| T:13| FF:14| CMD:19| F:+5| R:+4| W:+4| Inti:+3| Per:+7 Drow Magus/5

"@Naal'suul you missed the rolls but you can take note of the markings for later

If she knew what the markings meant; why'd Bel ask me to look at them.. Who ever is in that last wagon is the one who killed Zalazra; and probably the one who set the ghouls loose as well...

Thinking to himself Terakeer takes his spot near that last wagon, constantly looking over his shoulder to keep an eye on the guards surrounding it; and trying to possibly see who's inside as well.

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5

Bel nods his agreement, turns and runs a short distance before flapping his wings hard and launching himself into the air. He disapears into the darkness. He circles wide before landing head down on the cavern wall (Climb speed) above the ghoul gate where the body was dropped. He examines the pile closely looking for anything out of the ordinary. Presumably the body will not be a ghoul, but Bel keeps an open mind just in case. He'll also use ddetect magic just to be on the safe side.

Perception 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23


@Terakeer - try as you might you can not get seem to get a look inside.
One of the guards comes up as asks you to move along.

@Belgraen, its Quizzle bloodless body. You note she's has been strapped down at some point and there are odd marks on her arms as if some one wanted to remove all her blood.


HP: 32/49 | AC20 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD19| F +4| R +5| W +4| Init +2| Per +11 Drow Oracle(black blood battle) 5/Gunslinger 1

Luaediin does not leave Naal'Suul's side. Always keeping constant vigil.

Perception:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5

::Curiouser and curiouser.:: Bel thinks to himself.

Bel will take a very close look at the QUickling using mage hand to move it a bit for a more thorough examination.

Belgraen close look at the quickling. "taking 20" for a total of 34.

With this information Bel kicks off the wall and flies off toward his mistress.


@Belgraen, She been a Vampire's dinner.


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5
GM The Drow wrote:
@Belgraen, She been a Vampire's dinner.

That was my initial assumption. Just clarifying.

Belgraen grins knowingly and flies back to Naal Suul. Landing a few steps away and walking casually up to his mistress folding his wings as he does so. He say's quietly.

"I have a good idea of what may have been strong and stealthy enough to do what it did to the former matron's room. Also may be insightful as to what's in the armored carrier."


HP: 30/31 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +5 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +9 | SR 16

Naal nods at Bel with approval, "The ability to put pieces together without printed instructions is something I like about you. Tell me, what did you find?"


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5
Naal'suul wrote:
Naal nods at Bel with approval, "The ability to put pieces together without printed instructions is something I like about you. Tell me, what did you find?"

Spoken quietly

"I aim to please, Mistress. The quickling was drained by a vampire. The creature had marks consistent with being strapped down in some way. Which makes sense given the creatures speed and stealth capabilities. As I'm sure you realize a vampiress could easily get into and out of the former matron's room and ransack it with great strength. It's also not difficult to imagine such a creature knowing enough spellcraft to create the runes we found. It fits with a creature that would travel in an armored and disguised caravan cart. It also explains the esceedingly loyal minions. They've probably been glammered. The latter is just conjecture mind you, but it fits the facts as we know them. "


HP: 30/31 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +5 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +9 | SR 16

"Good work Bel. Let the others know there is a vampire around, discreetly of course."

A vampire, other then sucking on blood they are just like the rest of the drow, devious and power hungry. If I am lucky I can use this, either to make an "ally" of her or to get the dwarves to oust her. Let's see what her next move is.


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5
Naal'suul wrote:

"Good work Bel. Let the others know there is a vampire around, discreetly of course."

A vampire, other then sucking on blood they are just like the rest of the drow, devious and power hungry. If I am lucky I can use this, either to make an "ally" of her or to get the dwarves to oust her. Let's see what her next move is.

Belgraen nods as he takes a step back before turning and heading off to where he thinks the others are. Using a combination of the Message spell and simply walking up to speak to them Belgraen will fill the others in on what he knows.


The caravan moves on for a full day, winding its way along the old caven road to the a vast wall. some 1000' high, this is the old road used long ago when the slave trade for the city was commen. Ahead of you the lower catacombs known as the underrise tunels pepper the side of the wall, you can see steps leading to some, The underrise is a network of tunels that lead up and down to meny other places, some say even to valts below. When you get to the last flat area just before the underrise, The Caravan leader calls a halt.he stands on one of the smaller rock formations that little the place and says

"Soon we will be heading into the underrise, I am told it is not a safe root so rest now, it may be some time before you can again. Our next top is the Trading post of Noor'tar"

With that the caravn brakes and others try and find a place to rest where they can. a Guard is set up.

Two Drow treader walk past, happy they have time to rest and check there wagons.

T1 "Do you know who this gide is they say will help us get stopside?"

T2 "Ye a drunk dwarf slaver called Mirran - Redeye, if hes stays sober we may just make it"

he jokes, they carry on past.


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5

Wearing his skin-suit (aka: edilion) he listens intently, but makes no moves toward them.

What's the appropriate roll to know something about who Redeye is?

Appropriat knowledge (I have all of them at the same bonus) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


(local, or a trade roll of some kind will do it DC16)


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5
GM The Drow wrote:
(local, or a trade roll of some kind will do it DC16)

Well, I failed, so moving on.


HP: 30/31 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +5 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +9 | SR 16

Dungeoneering work?
Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Naal sets about finding a good protected rest spot and changes her spells while praying, changing command to detect charm.

"Lua, gather the others, we will post our own watch."

Anyone else have a ring of sustenance?


HP: 32/49 | AC20 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD19| F +4| R +5| W +4| Init +2| Per +11 Drow Oracle(black blood battle) 5/Gunslinger 1

As you wish.

Luaediin surveys the area looking for the others so that he will not be away from Naal'Suul for too long. He then sets out to gather his team and set up camp. Once everyone is gathered.

I will take first watch if you wish.

I knew I should have bought something with my left over monies. Oops


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5
Naal'suul wrote:

Dungeoneering work?

[dice=Dungeoneering]1d20+4

Naal sets about finding a good protected rest spot and changes her spells while praying, changing command to detect charm.

"Lua, gather the others, we will post our own watch."

Anyone else have a ring of sustenance?

I do.


Ill take it you keep a look out, well lucky you did, because the spot you picked just happens to let you see this.

To see whos on watch and see some thing
1d4 ⇒ 4

1: Luaediin
2: Naal'suul
3: Belgraen
4: Terakeer

you spot this:

You can see way out in the caves ahead lights, some one is coming, they seem to be using magic light to see and dwarf signing can be hared faintly. How ever wile other are looking at this sight, you spot some thing from the side of your eyes, two shapes slink out from the rocks heading toward the lights, They have nothing on but loincloths a black mask and two evil looking short swords. You know them at once, they are Haikus Assassins, suicidal killers of dread. Some one wants some one dead very much


Hp: 35/35| AC:17| T:13| FF:14| CMD:19| F:+5| R:+4| W:+4| Inti:+3| Per:+7 Drow Magus/5

i assume im 4 so tera saw this?

Tera sees the two assassins, and pulls out his own sword, with a grin on his face, he nudges Bel, Lua and Naal,

we have company he whispers.

He stays still, watching the assassin's, to see if they are advancing on us, or someone else.

stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Posting from phone all week guys, im moving into my own house finally.


They are heading to the coming lights and singing


HP: 30/31 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +5 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +9 | SR 16

"They are going to kill our guide, someone doesn't want our mission to succeed. Tera, you saw them, so you get to point them out to the caravan guards, I suspect they very much want the guide alive, or they would never have called for him. We will help, if the guards get overwhelmed. If they do nothing, then neither do we."

Naal puts the book she was reading away into her bag and calmly checks the grip on her weapons.


As you inform the Guards they seem in to minds to act, The Dwarfs part can be seen now. One says,

"you to go with them and save the Dwarf, NOW!"

The two look at you to be told what to do next


Male Drow Noble (Gestalt) Sage Sor2/Wiz3 (teleport)

With a few bounding steps and a flapping of wing Belgraen flies toward the guide (up to 50') and calls across the planes for something to bring swift death to his enemies.

A man sized ball of fur, claws, and fury appears near one (or both) of the assassins.

If close enough it attacks with claw and tooth.

Claw 11d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 91d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Claw 21d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 111d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Bite 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 101d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

[spoiler=Celestial Dire "honey" Badger]
Medium Animal
Hit Dice: 3d8+15 (28 hp)
Initiative: +3
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares), burrow 10 ft.
Armor Class: 16 (+3 Dex, +3 natural), touch 13, flat-footed 13
Base Attack/Grapple: +2/+4
Attack: Claw +4 melee (1d4+2)
Full Attack: 2 claws +4 melee (1d4+2) and bite -1 melee (1d6+1)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Rage
Special Qualities: Low-light vision, scent
Saves: Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +4
Abilities: Str 14, Dex 17, Con 19, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Listen +6, Spot +6
Feats: Alertness, Toughness, TrackB
Rage (Ex)
A dire badger that takes damage in combat flies into a berserk rage on its next turn, clawing and biting madly until either it or its opponent is dead. It gains +4 Strength, +4 Constitution, and -2 AC. The creature cannot end its rage voluntarily.

[/spoiler]

No idea why my spoiler isn't working.


Surprise Round -

The Celestial Dire "honey" Badger (wow what can one say with a name like that) attacks miss one of the assassins.

I will wait for the others to post action in this round.


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5
GM The Drow wrote:

Surprise Round -

The Celestial Dire "honey" Badger (wow what can one say with a name like that) attacks miss one of the assassins.

I will wait for the others to post action in this round.

Yea, that kind of sucked.Perhaps it will at least startle and distract.


lets see what the others do, you may have a second chance


HP: 32/49 | AC20 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD19| F +4| R +5| W +4| Init +2| Per +11 Drow Oracle(black blood battle) 5/Gunslinger 1

Luaediin does not leave Naal'Suul's side. He does however keep constant watch for assailants and readies his polearm.

Perception:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15


HP: 30/31 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +5 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +9 | SR 16

She sighs.

I thought I said 'if the guards get overwhelmed' or something like to that effect and there he goes taking orders from some idiot guard instead. One demerit.

She is ready to move but is watching right now, in fact she moves around to find better "seats" where she can see well and is not to far should she decide to hop in the fray.


Going to make a map later today, this is going to be a hard fight guys you know that the Haikus Assassins are buffed up to the gills when heading for the killing and they are suicidal killers, they kill them selfs of not killed wile atempting an Assassin. This is so that they can take the souls of the dead with them to the boneyard. They are greatly feared.


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5
GM The Drow wrote:
Going to make a map later today, this is going to be a hard fight guys you know that the Haikus Assassins are buffed up to the gills when heading for the killing and they are suicidal killers, they kill them selfs of not killed wile atempting an Assassin. This is so that they can take the souls of the dead with them to the boneyard. They are greatly feared.

Sweet. Just let me know when we move into rounds. I'm readying my actions accordingly.


Map Link
Map Link Here

You can only see one assassin, please pup a small symbol on to be your pc
Its a big space so getting around easy as long as you miss the boulders .


HP: 32/49 | AC20 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD19| F +4| R +5| W +4| Init +2| Per +11 Drow Oracle(black blood battle) 5/Gunslinger 1

Nice map, though it's on view only so we can't place or move ourselves.

Luaediin does not leave Naal'suul unless directed to by her.


Fixed


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5

Updated. Belgraen is flying.


HP: 30/31 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +5 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +9 | SR 16
GM The Drow wrote:
Going to make a map later today, this is going to be a hard fight guys you know that the Haikus Assassins are buffed up to the gills when heading for the killing and they are suicidal killers, they kill them selfs of not killed wile atempting an Assassin. This is so that they can take the souls of the dead with them to the boneyard. They are greatly feared.

How are these guys still around? Do people actually resurrect them or something? BTW I have no knowledge of these guys, so if there is anything else I should know...

Naal sits atop the third small boulder running parallel to the path, from the camp.


HP: 32/49 | AC20 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD19| F +4| R +5| W +4| Init +2| Per +11 Drow Oracle(black blood battle) 5/Gunslinger 1

Popped us in there


They join an Monk order that trains for life for just one "Sanctified Kill" they may kill 1000s but then on a Sanctified kill it is there own death they go to as well. When they do this they go with no clothing and two holy temple swords. They take drugs that will buff them but kill them as well. In other words nut jobs


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5
Naal'suul wrote:
GM The Drow wrote:
Going to make a map later today, this is going to be a hard fight guys you know that the Haikus Assassins are buffed up to the gills when heading for the killing and they are suicidal killers, they kill them selfs of not killed wile atempting an Assassin. This is so that they can take the souls of the dead with them to the boneyard. They are greatly feared.

How are these guys still around? Do people actually resurrect them or something? BTW I have no knowledge of these guys, so if there is anything else I should know...

Naal sits atop the third small boulder running parallel to the path, from the camp.

There are ways to prevent resurrection. The easiest of which is to destroy the body (All but 9th level magic is prevented), but there are other ways.

151 to 200 of 580 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Drow; Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.