Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

The Drow

Game Master Tanis Newlun

Be ready, to explore the Drow's twisted ways...


1 to 50 of 580 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Andoran

Male Half-Elf

A stone building, with gargoyles and many other statues decorating the front stands at the middle of Ceropulizon, the Drow city. Upon inspection, most of the statues are in a state of disrepair. This building is one of the few buildings in a somewhat good condition. One of the others include The Temple to Abraxas, and House Hu'ill.
Ceropulizon is a very poor, sad looking city, by Drow standards. Many Drow and slaves alike walk the streets, in the gloomy way of the underdark. This is a normal day for them. But what is about to happen will change the lives of many...

++++++++++++++++

The group has gathered in te meeting house, with the first eight Matron Mothers; 1. Matron Hu'ill, 2. Matron Buont, 3. Matron Luealille, 4. Matron Ghuoe'ed, 5. Matron Fhy, 6. Matron Eudile, 7. Matron Kiledel, 8. Matron Mielid

"Today, is the final day. You have all been preparing, for weeks. Today you will go, to storm the OverWorld!" Matron Mother Hu'ill cheers. Drow never seem happy. Or work together. But today was the only exception. Our group has been tasked to go the above world, and slaughter the Elves. The Elves being our evil cousin. Terrible Folk.
"What are you waiting for? Go!" Matron Mother Hu'ill, the leading Matron Mother snarls, as she waves you off. 

We are starting when you leave. You will leave through the NW exit. If you have any Questions, ask, I will happily answer. Until we continue, I need everyone to check in. Go


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5

Belgraen is happy he managed to make it into this group. With the entire contents of his former house slaughtered he doesn't want to inadvertantly be recognized as a former house slave. Such unwanted attentions could be hazadarous for his health. Instead he maintains his story about being a traveling mercenary happy to be going on another payday. Though, he's happy to be on a mission to slaughter the surface elves he's happier still to be getting away from the city.

He pays his proper respects and proceeds with the caravan under his wide brimmed had. He does his best to remain inconspicuous as best he can.


HP: 32/49 | AC20 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD19| F +4| R +5| W +4| Init +2| Per +11 Drow Oracle(black blood battle) 5/Gunslinger 1

Luaediin stays withing arms reach of Zalazra throughout the whole meeting and now that they have started moving follows her like a shadow. His head darts from side the side constantly aware of his surroundings even within the "safety" of their home city. He wields a wicked looking polearm that twitches in his hands every time someone from the group even comes close to his obvious ward. He says nothing until spoken to.


Hp: 35/35| AC:17| T:13| FF:14| CMD:19| F:+5| R:+4| W:+4| Inti:+3| Per:+7 Drow Magus/5

Terakeer stands near the entrance/exit to the Meeting House listening and watching as the Matron Mothers bicker and plan;

I wonder what the big picture is... What they've planned without us knowing. Why now? Why slaughter our cousins this day? He looks around to see if Varioul is present among the raiding party.

Noticing the weapons master isn't tagging along, Terakeer sets his mind on the matter at hand. Figures the weakling wouldn't take on a real job. He'd rather set in the comfort of his school than take any risks...

Domaka Terakeer lets out a raspy curse under his breath. He's the first one out of the meeting house when the party leaves, he stands behind a stalagmite waiting for the group to catch up, when a few of them pass him, he takes his place near the middle of the group, With Zalazra and her brute in front of him. He keeps an eye out for anything suspicious and keeps to the 'shadows' as best he can as they exit Ceropulzion; you never know who's trying to kill you at any given time..

Checks:

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Grand Lodge

HP: 23/23 l DR5/iron | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 16 | CMD 16 | F +3 | R +11 | W +5 | Init +6| Per +8 (+13 traps) Quickling Rogue 3

Dotting. Will PM DM Tanis.


Female Drow Cleric (Asmodeus)[1]

Zalazra bows as the words of command come down to her, It is just what she suspected, a pointless task to get her out of the way and if possible dead, She looks at the eight. I know the ones behind this, and you think this will get me finished once and for all, you fools you have no idea what you have just handed me on a plate. The over world is full of riches and powers beyond your recanting. I choose this group, each has skills and powers that well grow as we explore. Just look at this city, its a shame to be called Drow, witless and reckless fools the lot of you.

"I will do as you command"

With that she turns and looks walks out not saying another word.

Luaediin is with me and that is good, Terakeer is a thinker and no fool and none better I could get with weapons. Belgraen is a free agent and as such such under my control, I have leverage over him, I am told a good in a fight as well. This foundling, Quizzle I do not know I asked her here, I have a feeling from where not that she will be of great use to me. I always trust my Instincts in such matters. The others let me think

She walks out.

"Luaediin tell the others to get what they need, we are going to the surface and not just for war, I have other plans as well"

Grand Lodge

HP: 23/23 l DR5/iron | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 16 | CMD 16 | F +3 | R +11 | W +5 | Init +6| Per +8 (+13 traps) Quickling Rogue 3

Actually DM Tanis has plans for introducing Quizzle... so we haven't met yet. ;)


Female Drow Cleric (Asmodeus)[1]

Ok that little bit of internal dialog did not happen, such is the way with PbP. Gm I need to ask, to make clear.

GM Qs:

Is it just us?
if not then who comes with us?
What roll will we be explect to to play if we are not alone?
if us alone we just as a small group and take over the topside world.
(This is one of the maddest idears yet from the old hags)
What Intel is there on our target/s?


HP: 30/31 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +5 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +9 | SR 16

Naal takes up position at the rear of the group watching for dangers from behind and possible ambushes.

Took them long enough, and the surface this time. This will be informative and possibly lucrative. I am lucky to have gotten this opportunity, I can't waste it, but why did they have to send Zalazra on this quest. They should have just assassinated her, unless they are planning to crush the house while she is gone, hmm that might be it. Wonder if she is stupid enough to not realize it, if not what is her counter? Hmm...
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Edit;
What's that child doing? He can't be more then 70. Does he think he can be of any use up there? Well, he can play fodder at the very least. Why did Zalazra let him come anyway?


Female Drow Cleric (Asmodeus)[1]

Zalazra notes Naal'suul slip out of sight as the group go's out.

lurking as always, the human have a saying 'keep you friends close but your enemies closer' well if its that one they would send to kill me in my sleep ill know it, they would all ready if not for the fact my demon sniffed out the last two. Shes smart that one yet they send her with me to keep an eye on me, they are fools, they toss talent way like kindling. But this time I have plans even the 8 would be shocked to know, and Naal'suul my sweet your are part of them

Zalazra walks on a grim and hard look on her face.


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5

Belgraen adjusts his wide brimmed hat and proceeds.


Hp: 35/35| AC:17| T:13| FF:14| CMD:19| F:+5| R:+4| W:+4| Inti:+3| Per:+7 Drow Magus/5

Terakeer eyes Naal'suul as the drow slips into the darkness as well.

Thats one I must look out for... Hardly seen him around Ceropulzion, so whats he doing with us now? How does Zalazra know this one? I guess we'll see in time;

Slipping from Stalagmite to rock or what ever he can blend with, Terakeer keeps his mind moving as well,

What plans does she have, other than what we were told to do. Knowing Zalazra it's grand, and rewarding for the lot of us. Genius she is I believe; although a malacious one if nothing else

The arcane swordsman keeps a grin on his face while proceeding. Only once they have exited Ceropulzion proper does he voice any of his thoughts, shooting a quick question at the Matron.

Whats the plan m'lady?


Female Drow Cleric (Asmodeus)[1]

She leads the group to her war tent, pinched in the ruins of an old house miner, Her house slaves waiting. This is the only safe place she truly has that's safe, not the fabric wall but because of its ever shifting location.

"We have our orders, War in the land of Light and war on the most despised elves there, So we must make ready for endeavor. She shall gain victorys, wealth and riches. Meany would Arm fully and rush off to charge the 1st topside'er they came across, killing until killed. This is the way of bravery, heroism, songs to be song for all time about such deeds. It is also the way to a fast unily pointless death and it is NOT the Drow way. No rash acts for us my little band of dark dwellers, I hand picked each and every one of you, because this is the very last thing any of you would do. No mad rampages or fruitless battles for us, Sly and stealthy shall be our campaign in the lands of light, not foolish and rash. We will scout, we will see and plot, We will where conflict if brewing and forment it, we will seek others like ourselves with dark intent and befriend them. So that Child of light fights child of light. I have plans with in plans and this is just the start. So look you all to yourself's, ready for a long stay in the land of sunlight and know this will make you powerful and rich or dead in the trying."

She looks around to see if her words have sunk in.
Let them understand my intent, no fools will I suffer, lets get them to task

"Naal'suul, Terakeer I need you two for a task, in this city I am told are merchants who trot to roots to the surface world. Fine them and fine when they will next be setting out. We need a safe path up and they will know some, we shall join them make up some story, we seek trade that kind of thing, so we need to travel with them. When your arrangements are completed come back here."

Looking at Belgraen, Luaediin

"You two, we will need supply's and some thing to help our Drow eyes with the accused light, Luaediin you have my handy haversack, if any others have such think, we will fill them with supply's and examples of trad goods, Belgraen other things we may need, here is 200 gold Luaediin spend it well. If you can find any one who has been above and knows what we can encounter find them and talk to them, get us what we need to fool any one we may meet into thinking we are just a trade group."

She gives the group one last look.

"You have your tasks now get to them"

Zalazra sits at her table and start to write a letter, obviously expecting them to go.


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5

Belgraen take the gold and steps out of the tend with a little bow and a smirk.

Outside he looks to Luaediin, "I should think the best thing would be for us to simply fight at night. Past that what about large cloaks and wide brimmed hats?" Bel says as he runs his fingers across the front of his large black wide brimmed hat.

"Maybe their's a spell or something?"

Spellcraft 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Though not stupid Belgraen isn't the brains of the operation.

As we move bel will also ask around to see if he can find someone who might be able to assist in their particular task.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15


HP: 30/31 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +5 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +9 | SR 16

"Matron." She nods, leaves, and when Terakeer exits, "Follow me."

After they get away from the tent,
"What is one so young doing on a trip to the surface? How old are you? 70?"

When they get to the markets district. She checks with a merchant she knows well, Kirdea, to see if she knows a good way up and of any merchants heading that way.


Hp: 35/35| AC:17| T:13| FF:14| CMD:19| F:+5| R:+4| W:+4| Inti:+3| Per:+7 Drow Magus/5

This just might be fun Terakeer thinks when he finds out he's been coupled with Naal'Suul. Learning more about this one might prove useful...

He nods and follows the noble out side the tent, then grins as she tells him to follower her. Yes m'lady; into the Abyss itself if so needed.

But Terakeer is slightly takin back by her question. You don't look to be much older yourself, a few decades maybe. But when one has been torn from his family while his house is terminated, the material idea of years is slightly scewed. Just beginning my training at the age of 20, I should have been more than ready to help defend my house. But, He trails off for a second, a glint of fear or sadness in his eyes, of which its hard to tell...

But, that wasn't so. Being tossed aside as a doll and believed dead is what saved me... Being took in by our Matron now has forced me to grow beyond my material years. This you'll see. Going to the surface is nothing but another mission to prove myself to nobles such as you. No more dangerous than our wretched tunnels. Now, lets be off if you will, m'lady He smiles at Naal'suul; I'll win her soon enough

Getting to the market district, Terakeer seeks others that may help. His ruse is he's part of the bodyguards protecting a newly formed merchant group. He's trying to find a company leading to the surface to follow, or acquire a map or directions of sorts of a direct path to the surface, safety isn't an issue and he offers 25 gold for the information, 35 to be allowed to follow a party already going to the surface.

checks:

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16 -- Diplomacy
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 -- Bluff


Female Drow Cleric (Asmodeus)[1]

She writes the last letter to her second sister, yes she despises them with a vengeance, but this go's beyond such hates. This suicide mission is an open attempted to get her out of the way. Which can only mean one of two things, A move on the temple and she had all ready sent letters there, or a move on the house. If the latter to was then down to her sisters to fight or die keeping it alive. She finished the complicated cipher and magically locked the letter, then handed it to a house slave for delivery.

They would know of course, what her orders had been, their own own spy networks telling them, and of course they themselves could be behind this, but what more could be done, the wheels had started to move and it was up to her to make this work. She sat back and said to herself the old Drow liturgy.

"I am your enemy, There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where they are strong. The only rules are what you can do to the enemy and what you can stop the enemy from doing to you. I am your enemy, I am your teacher.”


HP: 30/31 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +5 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +9 | SR 16

Naal looks at the boy in an unpleasent fashion, "You should keep such stories to yourself, they mark you as weak and a target, more so because of your youth.

The material idea of years is flexible, not skewed. You still have a good half century before adulthood, and I am well beyond a few decades older then you, forget either of those at your own peril.

You are either useful, or you are not. The latter ends up dead. If you want to live, then do as you are told and go find the info the Matron asked for. Meet me here in 2 hours. Don't make me come find you."

He is definitely not an adult. Hopefully he will at least be good at distracting the enemy.


HP: 32/49 | AC20 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD19| F +4| R +5| W +4| Init +2| Per +11 Drow Oracle(black blood battle) 5/Gunslinger 1

I think a hat would make me look silly. Perhaps a good idea to throw the enemy off guard. Either way fighting at night will be an advantage in more ways than just avoiding the sun. Our pitiful brethren will mostly be asleep. Ripe to pluck their life. If there is a spell I do not know it. Spellcraft bores me, I live only for Zalazra. Perhaps some of these lesser beings will know of what we seek. I will try and be polite for now, but if they play dumb we shall have to beat it out of them.

Diplomacy to gather info1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
If that doesn't work Intimidate to get info1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5
Luaediin Or'danel wrote:

I think a hat would make me look silly. Perhaps a good idea to throw the enemy off guard. Either way fighting at night will be an advantage in more ways than just avoiding the sun. Our pitiful brethren will mostly be asleep. Ripe to pluck their life. If there is a spell I do not know it. Spellcraft bores me, I live only for Zalazra. Perhaps some of these lesser beings will know of what we seek. I will try and be polite for now, but if they play dumb we shall have to beat it out of them.

Diplomacy to gather info1d20+10
If that doesn't work Intimidate to get info1d20+10

As Luaediin asks around Belgraen gets annoyed.

"This is taking too long."

Bel steps off to the side and begins a short ritual. he moves in a trance that creates two circles on the ground. each about 5' across. At the end of the one minute trance Belgraen ends up in one of the circles and says softly "Owen. You are needed."

A small centurarin lizard-like creature appears in the opposite circle. Belgraen picks him up and strokes him gently. He then says "I need to find a merchant that sells large cloaks and hats. Black ones the can blot out the rays of the sun. Fly through the market and see what you can find." Owen cocks his head then jumps out of bel's arms and flies through the air. Bel casts a quick spell as he takes off (unfetter).

"That should speed things up. "

Owen flies at 40'. Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


Hp: 35/35| AC:17| T:13| FF:14| CMD:19| F:+5| R:+4| W:+4| Inti:+3| Per:+7 Drow Magus/5

dm hasnt posted all week... not lookin promising guys...


Female Drow Cleric (Asmodeus)[1]

Yep think we may have lost him

Grand Lodge

HP: 23/23 l DR5/iron | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 16 | CMD 16 | F +3 | R +11 | W +5 | Init +6| Per +8 (+13 traps) Quickling Rogue 3

[He did PM me a couple of days ago...]
@Zalazra:
In tears and fearing for his life, the house slave comes back to you to tell you the letter you gave him to deliver is gone. One moment it was there, and the next it was just... gone.

@ Belgraen:
A second after releasing the lizard, you could swear you heard a brief giggle, and then a whoosh of moving air.


Female Drow Cleric (Asmodeus)[1]

Arr you PC at play I see

Zalazra picks up her whip, this will mean a beating, and another letter, if it was taken by another house then she will have to add some new details, more moves to plan.

Lets see if the GM shows in the next few days, If no show we can make other plans


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5
Quizzle wrote:

[He did PM me a couple of days ago...]

@Zalazra:
In tears and fearing for his life, the house slave comes back to you to tell you the letter you gave him to deliver is gone. One moment it was there, and the next it was just... gone.

@ Belgraen:
A second after releasing the lizard, you could swear you heard a brief giggle, and then a whoosh of moving air.

"What in the hells?"

Andoran

Male Half-Elf

First off, sorry, I've had a lot going on, second off, I need more specific, so eeryone who said "heres a perception check" needs to be more specific. Belgraen, you are able to find hats and cloaks. Love the RP. Keep it up


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5

After his minion returns he lands and Bel leans down to let it wisper in his hear. Bel replies "Well done. Thanks. " The creature looks happy at the praise.

Meredian proceeds to the merchant in question.

Are big cloaks and hats sufficient to block the sun during the daylight?

"I need a number of large cloaks and hats. SImilar to this one." he indicates the hat he wears. "How many do you have and what will you charge?" mer asks directly and unapologetically.


Hp: 35/35| AC:17| T:13| FF:14| CMD:19| F:+5| R:+4| W:+4| Inti:+3| Per:+7 Drow Magus/5

how about my diplomacy and bluff chexks, and bels diplomacy an intimidat checks? And arnt perception chcks for every semse to see/hear/smell/feel whats around you? Ethier wy Im sure you could have ,moved forward with what weve got, are you sure you hve the time to DM this game?


Female Drow Cleric (Asmodeus)[1]

Yep Tanis I would like to ask the same thing, if your stuck on time or the players get only 1 or 2 posts a week, I can NPC my PC and move in to the GM roll no worry's. Only asking if this is becoming to much for you.


Hi guys Zalazra here AKA new GM - The Drow, please see other new posts about this. I just wanted to post some thing to keep this game alive. So saying that.

@Quizzle you have presented yourself to Zalazra Qlinzra letter in hand and asked that you be allowed to join here group, The letter being prof of your skills. She sets you the task of deviling it this time, which you do. Once you come back She seems to knows more about you than you said, you think she may have used some divination magics to find out of you where a spy. She dos how ever take you up on your offer and says you can become part of the army to the lands of the sun.

@Belgraen and Luaediin, you get what you need for some 105 gold, a high price, would you like to try and get the price down?

@Naal'suul you do in deed find a caravan heading to a Dwarven keep, he also tells you a titbit of news, there is war in the land above, and
Merchants are hoping to sell arms to who ever will buy.

@Terakeer You hear there is a large trip planed to the surface, its seems a lot of arms are being shipped topside, war magics as well. They agree to the group being guards for the shipment.

Well if you wish to carry one then by all means do, Im going to up Zalazra Qlinzra level a bit but she will not join any any fights unless its looks like a TPK and then she may not be that much use. We will keep all rules as is and game play. So over to you


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5

"Surely you can do better than that?"

Diplomacy or intimidate (same modifier) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15


HP: 30/31 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +5 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +9 | SR 16

Naal thanks Kirdea with some coin and looks at the price of weapons then gets a quick bite to eat (casts detect poison of course) while waiting on the kid.

If he shows up she leads him back to Zalazra, if he doesn't she will go find him.


@Belgraen and Luaediin, He dos drop the price but not by much, 92gp is as low as he will go he says, but you still this is to high.

@Naal, The weapons are very basic, and cheap but lots of them, this is a big shipment some ones out to make some real coin here.


Hp: 35/35| AC:17| T:13| FF:14| CMD:19| F:+5| R:+4| W:+4| Inti:+3| Per:+7 Drow Magus/5

Glad we keeping things moving along :)

Terakeer finds his way back to Naal'Suul, and Tells her of the caravan heading to the surface to sell some equipment, and their need of guards for their trip.

Its our way up, while getting paid at the same time no?


HP: 32/49 | AC20 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD19| F +4| R +5| W +4| Init +2| Per +11 Drow Oracle(black blood battle) 5/Gunslinger 1

Listen, buddy we don't want to pay your inflated prices. We're not chumps like the rest in this city. Now give us a fair price Luaediin tightens his grip on his polearm and looks imposing.

Intimidate to get the right dang price1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5

Belgraen considers a moment. Then makes a swift motion with his hand and a creature the size of a halfling composed entirely out of solidified fire appears beside him. It's hair and body flickering and sizzling. Belgraen quickly says a command in a hissing and harsh language to the fire creature.

Ignan:
"Just stand there and look intimidating for a moment."

He then turns back to the merchant and says in a calm voice.

"If these garnets are deficient or of any lesser quality than I have asked for I will send a small army of my friends here to burn you alive along with anyone who shares your blood. While I'm at it i'll send it after anyone you've ever cared about even for a moment." The firelight plays off Bel's face and gives it a sinister glow. he continues, "Now before I overpay for these garments are you completely sure there's nothing you want to add or perhaps offer us?" Motioning to Luadiin.

Intimidate with possible bonuses for the fact that Bel's not lying.1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19


@Belgraen and Luaediin, seems shocked and worried
"Look its a sellers market right now, I got Drow from all sides asking me for just the same as you, this is my last batch of topside gear. If you think im wrong go ask the other market sellers, all sold out you see, what the big rush for this I have no idea, but its 65 coin the lot or im selling others I have waiting"

1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 8 - 4 = 24 Bluff


HP: 30/31 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +5 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +9 | SR 16

Drow? Caring about people? And I thought these were Gygaxian drow.

"Is that all you discovered? Well it's more then I expected from a kid."

Naal returns to Zalazra with the news, and a suggestion of making some nice profit on the side as well.


@Belgraen and Luaediin he sells you all you need for 65 coin in the end, the small fire elemental did the trick and he adds in 3 small tents and some winter clothing, saying you will need it. Unless you say other wise you head back just as the others are having a meeting with Zalazra.

Naal'suul is reporting on what she and Terakeer have found out. your Mother matron seems very pleased with this information.

"A war above, that explains a lot, Naal'suul you have done well, and I see the others have our required supplies"

She looks over the hats and outfits.

"Slim pickings but they will do, now we shall make hast and join this merchant train, I need to know more of who is going and why. If we can get out of the city by tonight we shall have a chance to get away with out being order to take another more dangerous root."

She sits

"Now you have 2 hours dark to get ready, we will meet at the west gate to meet the merchant train just before it gos, I will be in disguise as a plain Drow, do not look for me but I shall be there, I will find you when we are out of the City"

She indicates to a small creature sulking at the back of her war tent.

"This is Quizzle she will be joining our war party, she is under my protection, use her well, for what she sees I see. Naal'suul you will command wile I am incognito, Luaediin Or'danel will be your right hand use him well for his is most trusted. Now get yourselves ready and keep out of the way of spying eyes and get yourselfs ready and to the gate on time. I have things to do now be gone"


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5

Bel doesn't really believe him, but he never really believes what merchants say.

"Hummm..." He says with a look that say's "I don't really believe you, but I suppose it's possible. "Fine then. With the additions it's a fair enough deal." He waves a hand and the elemental disappears. "Bind it all together and we'll take it. " Bel levitates the bundle and carries it back to the rally point.

Bel will go to the caravan and get on either a cart or riding lizard depending on what's available.


HP: 30/31 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +5 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +9 | SR 16

"Yes, Matron" Naal heads to her house and changes into her travel gear, then buttons it up tight.

She spends the rest of her time gathering info about the surface and current events up there, who's who, etc.


The Drow in charge of security for the trip is Kiirck, hes an old solider type and you can see hes been in the wars. The Rules he says are simple,
1: Protect the caravan.
2: Do not get yourself killed.
3: If you fall behind your left behind.
4: What he says is the law.

That simple 5 other male Drow are also guards, there are 4 reading lizards for the whole group of 10. Your going to have to find out who gets one from intimate rolls or other skills you may have. Rolls to beat.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15

Soon as thats done your off on the up would path.

If you have other things you wish to do please post them and I will retro act them.


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5

Intimidate 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

If that doesn't work grease (per the spell) a saddle.

If that doesn't work summon a couple of air elementals to generally harrang and knock someone off a saddle.

If all else fails I suppose I could ride a phantom steed for the majority of any given day.

edit: I guess I beat three of the five rolls. Combine that with one of the first two tricks and I think I have a ride. so I'll create a scene.

Belgraen walks up to a rider on what appears to be one of the swifter riding lizards.

Belgraen: "I'll be needing this riding lizard. Get off."

Rider: "Sod off, Wanker."

Belgraen casts grease on the saddle. Rider fails his reflex check in a round or two and falls out of the saddle onto the dirt. belgraen dismisses the spell and mounts up.

Looking down at the rider from his new position atop the riding lizard Bel says
"I did ask nicely the first time. Next time the grease will be on fire." He then kicks the flanks and leaves the drow in the dirt.


HP: 30/31 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +5 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +9 | SR 16

edit, I really should have read the discussion thread first

When the caravan arrives Naal'suul grabs a seat on a wagon in the second quarter of the caravan, readies her whip, and keeps a sharp eye out, for both enemies and in studying the others in the caravan.

She chuckles at Belgraen's take over the lizard.


Indeed your base taticks have gotten you a riding lizard Belgraen well done. and great RP


HP: 32/49 | AC20 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD19| F +4| R +5| W +4| Init +2| Per +11 Drow Oracle(black blood battle) 5/Gunslinger 1

Luaediin takes up a guard next to Naal'suul. Weather this means in the wagon or walking next the the wagon he does not leave her side if possible. It would seem she is his new ward, since Zalazra is nowhere in sight.

My lady, my life and body are yours to do with as you wish. I will keep guard outside the wagon, unless you wish something else of me.


HP: 30/31 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +5 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +9 | SR 16

Naal'suul nods at Luaediin's pronouncement, "Honestly I am surprised she let you away from her side. She must know something we don't. Any idea's about what they may be?

I have heard such strange things about you. Perhaps some of them are true?" She looks at him inquiringly.


Hp: 35/35| AC:17| T:13| FF:14| CMD:19| F:+5| R:+4| W:+4| Inti:+3| Per:+7 Drow Magus/5

Terakeer walks next to the caravn, on the other side than lua. Sword in hand pointed at the ground as he walks.

Should have just gave up the lizard hehe. He pokes fun at the drow in the dirt.


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5
Terakeer wrote:

Terakeer walks next to the caravn, on the other side than lua. Sword in hand pointed at the ground as he walks.

Should have just gave up the lizard hehe. He pokes fun at the drow in the dirt.

;-)


You move out in to the great Caves that house the city and its sounding land, past slave farms and lizard pits. As you come to the end over the citys lands the Caravan leader calls a Holt for the rest time. Your by one of the outer watch fortifications and a basic inn. Rooms are aplenty
as few come out this far unless on a raid to the Ghoul lands ahead or in flight from the city. The building are all and not well kept, as you come in the 30 odd garrison of Drow look on disinterested. You know only the disgraced get sent here.

Naal'suul as a Drow noble is given a room to her self, Luaediin takes up his post outside. The others get a shared room with the outer guards. Rest time starts and the true eve moves on. A few hours in and Luaediin hears a sound, then some thing thuds to the floor at his feed. A hand holds his leg as he jumps up sword ready to kill. The invisibility spell fades and at his feet is Zalazra black blood trickles from her mouth, in her back is the broken shaft of some kind of dart. She pulls Luaediin down to her.

"Take me to Naal'suul now" she says in a rasping and ill sounding voice.
Luaediin lifts her up and knocks on the door behind him.

I'm going to take some licence her sorry with your PCs to get this done its a big game plot point.

Naal'suul opens the door and lets them in looking to she if others are around or if they are under attack.

Zalazra is placed in the bed and commands Luaediin to stand by the locked door, she needs to talk to Naal'suul.

"They did not wait for the fool errand to kill me, it seems some of my plans came to there attenuation."

she convulses and a gout of blood comes out of her mouth. Her amour seems to be trying to cast magic on her but to no avail.

"I should feel honored the toxin that is now taking my life cost more than a small house is worth, Naal'suul, they are fools, the others, fighting over the last scraps of detritus in the rubbish heap. Our city was once great, it was a power here and now look at it."

She waves an arm around at the broken down and dilapidated room.

"When I went to them and talked of becoming great once more, they acted like they cared but they are to short sighted, to vain, it is the downfall of our race Naal'suul that we can not think beyond what we can take to Swift violence to what we can build in power, We are nothing now but petulant children."

She takes a deep gasp of air,
"It will not be long now, and I need to tell you of things but 1st Luaediin heed me and heed me well, Naal'suul is your new Marian mother.
In my bag you will find a letter where by I do adopt her as my daughter and only aer. She its to take my place from here on in with in the house you understand!. All that is mine is hers, her voice is my voice. Do not look for who did this to me, it matters not now I will be gone and you must keep her safe even to the death, so I command"

She then reaches out and takes hold of Naal'suul hand and pulls her head close. For a time she whispers into Naal'suul ear.

Then she lets lets go of Naal'suul hand and lays back.
With one last shudder she says with her last breath then her eyes open as if in realizing some thing.

"O no, I must warn you about who did this to me, they are close and unless it tell you, you will never suspect, its was ....."

Her body stills and eyes look out at nothing as her life ends.

Then something shocking happens, the Demon Armor witch has been part of her for so long, starts to absorbs her body pulling skin from flesh and then flesh from bone and then the bones them self's until nothing is left but it and her belongings.

1 to 50 of 580 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Drow; Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.