Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

The Dire GM's [PFS] Honor's Echo

Game Master CanisDirus

PFS PbP: Quest - Honor's Echo (Tier 1)

GM Notes:
Perception
[dice=Altorin]1d20 + 11[/dice
[dice=Ayri]1d20 + 1[/dice
[dice=Galdur]1d20 + 3[/dice
[dice=Hullric]1d20 + 2[/dice
[dice=NECUAMETL]1d20 + 8[/dice
[dice=Vili]1d20 + 8[/dice
[dice=Wilen]1d20 + 6[/dice

Initiative
[dice=Altorin]1d20 + 3[/dice
[dice=Ayri]1d20 + 2[/dice
[dice=Galdur]1d20 + 2[/dice
[dice=Hullric]1d20 + 3[/dice
[dice=NECUAMETL]1d20 + 1[/dice
[dice=Vili]1d20 + 3[/dice
[dice=Wilen]1d20 + 3[/dice

Honor's Echo Maps & Handouts

My "Parent" Lodge - The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge - where you can find a TON of resources about playing PFS PbP!


51 to 100 of 149 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

-=Character Look=-
NECUAMETL COATL(Neck-qua-mel){Stat Block}:
HP:14/14|{AC:16|T:11|FF:15|{F:+4|R:+1|W:+5}|{Survival+9}|{Swim+7}|
{Init+1}|{Perception:+8}
COAXOCH (Co-axe-soch){Stat Block}:
HP:15/15|{AC:17|T:12|FF:14|{F:+4|R:+6|W:+1|{Acro+7}|{Stealth+7}
{Init+3}|{Perception:+5}

Necuametl attacks the bear as his companion keeps its hold

handle animal: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

grapple: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Grand Lodge

Male ! Ini +1 PERC: +7 NG Dwarf Wiz 1, AC: 15 t11 CMD: 11 F: +3, R: +1, W: +4 HP 10

"Gawd. Won't you please stop. I do not want to hurt you," The dwarf continues attacking as gently as he can.
non-lethal axe: 1d20 - 1 - 4 ⇒ (9) - 1 - 4 = 4

Liberty's Edge

Kineticist 1 - HP 12/12, AC 15/T: 13/FF: 12 - Perception +11 - F: +6/ R: +5/ W: +1 - CMB: +4 - CMD: 17, Speed: 30, Init. +3

Seeing no choice, Altorin shifts his attention towards the gnome.

ranged touch energy blast: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Apparently the dice bot wants Altorin to threaten, not maim the gnome...

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 1 | AC 16/14/13 | HP 9/9 | Fort+4, Ref+6, Will+1; +2 vs. Fear | CMB-2, CMD 11 | Init+3 | Perc+6 | Speed 15' | Bomb: 5/6 | Mutagen: Brewed (+Dex)

Wilen lets out an exasperated sigh. Seeing that they are not backing down, Wilen steps up and lobs a bomb at the bear.

Throw bomb: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Bomb fire damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Splash damage: 5, DC 14 reflex to halve

Sorry NECUAMETL....

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | Ambush in Absalom (Core) Maps | | Honor's Echo Maps & Handouts |

Ayri's spear and Vili's bomb both find their mark, knocking her unconscious! Necuametl and his serpent hit the stunned and grappled bear, also bringing it down.

Out of combat!

1d20 ⇒ 6 (Mods hidden)
1d20 ⇒ 9 (Mods hidden)
1d20 ⇒ 13 (Mods hidden)

(If you plan on attacking the gnome or bear after they go down, please let me know - this also means that Wilen's attack might not go off, at Wilen's player's discretion.)

What are you doing after the fight ends?

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 1 | AC 16/14/13 | HP 9/9 | Fort+4, Ref+6, Will+1; +2 vs. Fear | CMB-2, CMD 11 | Init+3 | Perc+6 | Speed 15' | Bomb: 5/6 | Mutagen: Brewed (+Dex)

Thanks for the option. We'll scratch that action then, if all the foes are incapacitated.

"Great elder tree! We have spared your children to the best of our ability, despite their unbridled violence towards us. In return, may we ask you some questions about somebody who may have passed through here in the past?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 ug... anybody else?

Scarab Sages

Female Sylph wizard (wind listener, wood school) 1 | hp 7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 | CMD 10 | F +1 R +2 W +3 | Spd 35' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, His, Loc, Nat, Pla) +8, Perc +1 (darkvision), SensM +1, Scrft +8 | spear 7/7

And the Wilen zips up. ;)

Dark Archive

Male Ratfolk Alchemist 1 | hp 11/11 | AC 16 | FF 15 | T 12 | CMD 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +5 | Will +2 | Init +3 | Perception +8 | Sense Motive +2 | Movement 20ft
Tracked Resources:
Bombs 7/7, Mutagen 1/1, Burst Jar 2/2, Ghast retch flask 1/1, tanglefoot bag 1/1, Wand of Cure Light wounds 50/50

Vili not really knowing what to say will look at his friends and say “oh tree guy...um we didn’t mean to hurt your friends we just wanted to talk”

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Speaking to the party ”what are we supposed to talk to this tree guy about?”

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CN Human Warpriest of The Lantern King 1.2 | AC 18 (T 11/FF 17) | CMB +2 CMD 13 (FF 12) | HP 14/14 | Init +3 | Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +4 | Perception +2 | Speed 20' | Blessings 3/3

Hullric goes and stabilizes gnome, dwarf, and bear. Plus anything else that needs it. Uses Sacred Touch Trait to automatically stabilize.

With that job done, he approaches the Tree. "I have stabilized them. They are in no threat of dying. Though they will be sore and scorched when they wake up. Probably after we are gone so they won't try to attack us again."

Hullric sighs, "Now if you don't mind. Can you tell us about Honaria Alcasti and the army she led here? There are no records of the event and we were sent to discover what you might know."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16

Grand Lodge

Male ! Ini +1 PERC: +7 NG Dwarf Wiz 1, AC: 15 t11 CMD: 11 F: +3, R: +1, W: +4 HP 10

"Please sto...? Well now look what you made me do!" The 22nd immediately begins trying to bind the gnome's wounds giving way to the warpriest and his greater abilities.

The dwarf compares the tree's experiences to that of his ancestors. "Some of the elementals they worked with over the centuries are even older then them," but those beings were from other worlds. "Your knowledge must be even more greater."
diplomacy aid: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | Ambush in Absalom (Core) Maps | | Honor's Echo Maps & Handouts |

Hullric and Galdur get the gold star for keeping the misguided druids from dying and making the tree not feel like being friendly (which could have increased your DCs by as much as 15!)

The old tree hums to itself a bit, before replying to Hullric, aided by Galdur and Vili.

“Honaria Alcasti was a commander in the outlanders’ army some years ago, before they split into squabbling nations. She came to round up fugitives in the woods, but she always treated the Wildwood Lodge with respect.”

"Even though she only led a few score of warriors, she lost only but a handful. Although the campaign took many seasons, she was implacable. Eventually her little group wore the fugitives down, like a rock cracking under roots.”

"These fugitives were outlanders who Honaria said were stealing from other outlanders. She said they used to be another part of the same army. The fugitives never gave us any problems, but the conflicts of outlanders are none of our concern. Honaria eventually broke the fugitives’ army and captured their leaders. We never heard from them again.”

And then, anticipating your desire to know more, the tree continues, “Many of her fallen enemies were buried in a cave not far from here. Their bones are long gone, but a sword or two might remain. You may search through it if you’d like.”

Because you got the elder tree's cooperation, no checks are required to find the cave (which otherwise may have taken you weeks to find). A quick dig reveals several split helms and broken swords, each bearing the fox insignia of a unit in the ancient Taldan army.

When you return to the tree, the two druids and Trajet's bear are conscious, and act far more contrite towards you. They ashamadedly lead you back to where your boat awaits, and Trajet gives you her Treeform Cloak as she mumbles an apology for taking her anger towards the arrogant tone in Remaio's letter to the Wildwood Lodge out on your team.

With this, you have completed the first quest - "Grove" - look for the second quest you have selected - "Homestead" - to begin shortly!

You may regain all abilities and spells in between each quest, and any items you acquire during a quest (so far, the cloak) may be used freely during subsequent quests. Look for my next post in a few minutes!

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | Ambush in Absalom (Core) Maps | | Honor's Echo Maps & Handouts |

Your riverboat takes you down the Sellen River and to the coast, where Remaio has hired you a large and comfortable carriage to take you into central Andoran. You travel across the Carpenden Plains, along increasingly narrow roads. Along the way, you pass dozens of small farming villages. Vereena’s homestead is isolated, several miles from the nearest village. The final stretch of the journey takes you to footpaths that are barely wide enough for a single horse, let alone a carriage, forcing you to take the last leg on foot.

Fields of overgrown crops surround a squat, shingle-roofed farmhouse. A pair of clay pots filled with cheerful yellow marigolds stands to either side of the house’s front door. Broken boards covered in graffiti are nailed over the door and windows.

"ውጭ ለመውጣት!"

Draconic or Linguistics DC 20:
The yellow-painted words read: "KEP OUT!"

New map is posted!

Liberty's Edge

Male CN Human Warpriest of The Lantern King 1.2 | AC 18 (T 11/FF 17) | CMB +2 CMD 13 (FF 12) | HP 14/14 | Init +3 | Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +4 | Perception +2 | Speed 20' | Blessings 3/3

Hullric approaches the front door and looks at the writing. "Hmm... I don't know this language. Can any of you recognize it?"

Grand Lodge

Male ! Ini +1 PERC: +7 NG Dwarf Wiz 1, AC: 15 t11 CMD: 11 F: +3, R: +1, W: +4 HP 10

D'oh! I didn't choose languages. However draconic isn't an option, so I will add: Common, Dwarven, and Gnome, & Terran.

"What is that?" the dwarf asks, then answers Hullric. "Not me."

Liberty's Edge

Kineticist 1 - HP 12/12, AC 15/T: 13/FF: 12 - Perception +11 - F: +6/ R: +5/ W: +1 - CMB: +4 - CMD: 17, Speed: 30, Init. +3

"Oh joy. Maybe it's more angry tree speak?"

Sorry, no help here for the linguistics.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 1 | AC 16/14/13 | HP 9/9 | Fort+4, Ref+6, Will+1; +2 vs. Fear | CMB-2, CMD 11 | Init+3 | Perc+6 | Speed 15' | Bomb: 5/6 | Mutagen: Brewed (+Dex)

"Unfortunately I did not brew an extract of language comprehension today. Vili, how about you? Have any available to brew? Anyone else know this language off-hand?"

Grand Lodge

Male ! Ini +1 PERC: +7 NG Dwarf Wiz 1, AC: 15 t11 CMD: 11 F: +3, R: +1, W: +4 HP 10

"Didn't Remio say he had just gotten a letter from his cousin. Gawds, but this looks like it has been left alone for a long time. The whole place does. Well except for the potted plants. Those look healthy.

Scarab Sages

Female Sylph wizard (wind listener, wood school) 1 | hp 7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 | CMD 10 | F +1 R +2 W +3 | Spd 35' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, His, Loc, Nat, Pla) +8, Perc +1 (darkvision), SensM +1, Scrft +8 | spear 7/7

"In Taldane it says: 'KEP OUT'.... Does that mean anything to you?" Ayri asks looking at the others. A zephyr stirs the air around her, causing some unraked leaves to orbit her.

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | Ambush in Absalom (Core) Maps | | Honor's Echo Maps & Handouts |

You are free to do whatever you'd like at this juncture. The front door has a lock on it as well as a small tin bell that hangs from a bit of twine nearby.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Galdur can see the back door also bears a rusting lock...as well as a curious mound of recently disturbed earth (marked with an X on the map).

Liberty's Edge

Kineticist 1 - HP 12/12, AC 15/T: 13/FF: 12 - Perception +11 - F: +6/ R: +5/ W: +1 - CMB: +4 - CMD: 17, Speed: 30, Init. +3

Does the disturbed earth look like it was made by some burrowing animal?
knowledge nature: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Liberty's Edge

Male CN Human Warpriest of The Lantern King 1.2 | AC 18 (T 11/FF 17) | CMB +2 CMD 13 (FF 12) | HP 14/14 | Init +3 | Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +4 | Perception +2 | Speed 20' | Blessings 3/3

Hullric makes his way around the back as well and examines the mound, without being on it.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | Ambush in Absalom (Core) Maps | | Honor's Echo Maps & Handouts |

Moved Altorin around back, too.

The mound appears to have been dug by tools within the last few days, judging by the color of the soil. Altorin notices that there is chicken feed scattered around the small chicken coop just behind Galdur, but the latch to it is open, leaving only feathers inside (though Galdur and Hullric can barely make out the sounds of a few chickens in the overgrown fields not too far away).

Liberty's Edge

Kineticist 1 - HP 12/12, AC 15/T: 13/FF: 12 - Perception +11 - F: +6/ R: +5/ W: +1 - CMB: +4 - CMD: 17, Speed: 30, Init. +3

"Someone was here recently. That mound is man made. The same person probably let the chickens out. Should we check out inside first before we start digging to see if they were removing or adding something there?"

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 1 | AC 16/14/13 | HP 9/9 | Fort+4, Ref+6, Will+1; +2 vs. Fear | CMB-2, CMD 11 | Init+3 | Perc+6 | Speed 15' | Bomb: 5/6 | Mutagen: Brewed (+Dex)

Wilen follows them around back, observing the chicken coop and the mound in turn.

He then proceeds to the back door of the house and decides to give a try at knocking here.

rap, rap He holds up a finger for the others to stay quiet and wait...

"Hello, anybody home?"

He waits and listens.

Perception, listen: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | Ambush in Absalom (Core) Maps | | Honor's Echo Maps & Handouts |

...and unfortunately, that's when Wilen walked right on top of the trap sitting outside the back door prior to making his perception check...

Wilen Reflex Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
oh dear

With a loud crash, Wilen falls through the false cover of the trap down into a pit lined with shards of broken porcelain arranged like hooked blades!

10' Falling Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Number of Pit Spikes Attacking: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Spike 1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18 vs. Flatfooted
Spike 2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25 vs. Flatfooted
Spike 3: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22 vs. Flatfooted
Spike 1: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Spike 2: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Spike 3: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

After the sounds of dinnerware piercing your halfling companion's flesh fade...nothing else can be heard other than chickens in the distance.

Wilen takes 19 damage...barely still alive...if his companions act quickly!

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 1 | AC 16/14/13 | HP 9/9 | Fort+4, Ref+6, Will+1; +2 vs. Fear | CMB-2, CMD 11 | Init+3 | Perc+6 | Speed 15' | Bomb: 5/6 | Mutagen: Brewed (+Dex)

Well then! Perception-check placement matters! Here's hoping this is only a near death experience (gulp)

Dark Archive

Male Ratfolk Alchemist 1 | hp 11/11 | AC 16 | FF 15 | T 12 | CMD 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +5 | Will +2 | Init +3 | Perception +8 | Sense Motive +2 | Movement 20ft
Tracked Resources:
Bombs 7/7, Mutagen 1/1, Burst Jar 2/2, Ghast retch flask 1/1, tanglefoot bag 1/1, Wand of Cure Light wounds 50/50

Staring open mouthed at seeing Wilan fall into a big hole vili will attempt to enter the pit carefully and tap him with a cure light wounds wand.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

I will hit him with the wand as many times as it takes to heal him to full, taking 5 if that’s ok.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 1 | AC 16/14/13 | HP 9/9 | Fort+4, Ref+6, Will+1; +2 vs. Fear | CMB-2, CMD 11 | Init+3 | Perc+6 | Speed 15' | Bomb: 5/6 | Mutagen: Brewed (+Dex)

As Wilen regains consciousness he looks around himself and slowly realizes what has occurred.

"Vili! Thank you! I owe you my life. After all this is over you can copy whatever you like out of my formula book, at my expense!"

He takes a moment to let the healing catch up and start feeling better, and carefully climbs out of the pit.

"Hey everyone! The trap works as expected. Noooo problems here." He pans with a sheepish, embarrassed grin. He walks over to a rock in the yard to sit down for a moment.

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | Ambush in Absalom (Core) Maps | | Honor's Echo Maps & Handouts |

By being deft of hand and foot, Vili is able to get down to Wilen in time to stabilize, and then save the halfling's life!

Liberty's Edge

Male CN Human Warpriest of The Lantern King 1.2 | AC 18 (T 11/FF 17) | CMB +2 CMD 13 (FF 12) | HP 14/14 | Init +3 | Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +4 | Perception +2 | Speed 20' | Blessings 3/3

Hullric was taken aback when Wilen suddenly fell out of sight. Looking down into the pit, he saw Wilen bleeding out. About ready to help, Vili is able to act faster than him and save Wilen.

"Good job Vili." He then looks at the door with a pit in front of it. "Looks like someone doesn't want us here."

Not trusting his acrobatic skill to get to the door above the pit or if the door is even unlocked. He instead decides to forcibly open the window that he is next to.

Strength Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

But fails miserably. :P

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | Ambush in Absalom (Core) Maps | | Honor's Echo Maps & Handouts |

The windows are boarded up from the inside, so while they might be able to be opened (with a little bit more elbow grease than Hullric was able to muster), it would still require a little bit of breaking-to-enter(ing).

Scarab Sages

Female Sylph wizard (wind listener, wood school) 1 | hp 7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 | CMD 10 | F +1 R +2 W +3 | Spd 35' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, His, Loc, Nat, Pla) +8, Perc +1 (darkvision), SensM +1, Scrft +8 | spear 7/7

"'Kep' is also the Skaldic word for Small Vestibule in the Underworld with the Big Potted Plant in It." Ayri says sagely. "Perhaps this is the servant's entrance?"

Grand Lodge

Male ! Ini +1 PERC: +7 NG Dwarf Wiz 1, AC: 15 t11 CMD: 11 F: +3, R: +1, W: +4 HP 10

Galdur returns to the door with the little bell. He rings the bell and knocks on the door, asking "Hello?" He tries again if no one answers. "Hello? We are here to see Vereena and the Alcosti museum" After receiving no answer, he will attempt to pry the door open.
Strength(?): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

"I suppose I can use my axe instead."

How tightly spaced are the nailed boards covering the windows? Can we get even a peek inside?

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | Ambush in Absalom (Core) Maps | | Honor's Echo Maps & Handouts |

Wow, those rolls...

There is no response from inside to either the bell or the knocking. You think you could bash in one of the windows and boards, or pick the lock, or break either of the doors in (the back door could be approached without falling in the pit if approached carefully).

Liberty's Edge

Male CN Human Warpriest of The Lantern King 1.2 | AC 18 (T 11/FF 17) | CMB +2 CMD 13 (FF 12) | HP 14/14 | Init +3 | Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +4 | Perception +2 | Speed 20' | Blessings 3/3

Hullric carefully sidesteps the pit to reach the back door. He then tries to kick the door down to get inside. "Hello. We are your friendly neighborhood lumberjacks. We have heard you have a wolf infestation. So let us in or we will have to huff and puff your house down."

Strength Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9; More bad rolls

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | Ambush in Absalom (Core) Maps | | Honor's Echo Maps & Handouts |

For argument's sake, let's say that after enough attempts (there may or may not be infinite monkeys involved), someone eventually manages to kick open the back door.

As the door flies inward, a broken grandfather clock on the southern wall announces the hour with a distorted chime. Shards of glass carpet the western half of the room around a series of shattered display cases. Paintings and tapestries cover the walls from floor to ceiling. Jagged rips and tears deface a grand painting of a heavily armored human woman slaying a red dragon.

To the west of you, thick rugs cover baseboards worn smooth by years of occupation. A cold, unfinished meal sits on a polished oak table. Broken dishes and overturned bookshelves chairs clutter the floor. Books and sheaves of parchment are stacked haphazardly in and around the fireplace, some charred beyond recognition.

Map is updated. Necuametl - still with us?

Grand Lodge

Male ! Ini +1 PERC: +7 NG Dwarf Wiz 1, AC: 15 t11 CMD: 11 F: +3, R: +1, W: +4 HP 10

"Ewww. How long do you think that dinner has been sitting there?" Galdur will begin searching through the books and sheaves of parchment taking his time.

17 to Perception or 16 to Kn (dungeoneering) by taking ten.

EDIT: Perhaps Wilen would like to wait in the sun, while wearing the new cloak? Galdur suggests.

Also edit: i am good with the hour

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | Ambush in Absalom (Core) Maps | | Honor's Echo Maps & Handouts |

Surprisingly, the rest of the art in the eastern room is intact. Much of the artwork depicts portraits of men and women who bear a noticeable family resemblance to Remaio Alcasti.

Among the bric-a-brac on the floor is a silver signet ring depicting the pegasus sigil of House Alcasti. A gilded buckler and a mahogany case of calligraphy pens bear the same symbol.

In the western room, Galdur spots a wax seal with a pegasus motif on one of the papers in the fireplace. This motif matches the wax seal on the letter from Remaio that you received on board The Ardent Lady. Closer inspection reveals a letter signed “Countess Honaria Alcasti”.

Further inspection of the papers and books here would take approximately one hour.

Liberty's Edge

Male CN Human Warpriest of The Lantern King 1.2 | AC 18 (T 11/FF 17) | CMB +2 CMD 13 (FF 12) | HP 14/14 | Init +3 | Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +4 | Perception +2 | Speed 20' | Blessings 3/3

Seeing the disarray of the room, "There is one more room and I'm wondering about the person that was suppose to live here. Lets investigate the other room and secure the building before we do a detailed inspection of the place."

Hullric moves to the door to the other room and opens it.

Scarab Sages

-=Character Look=-
NECUAMETL COATL(Neck-qua-mel){Stat Block}:
HP:14/14|{AC:16|T:11|FF:15|{F:+4|R:+1|W:+5}|{Survival+9}|{Swim+7}|
{Init+1}|{Perception:+8}
COAXOCH (Co-axe-soch){Stat Block}:
HP:15/15|{AC:17|T:12|FF:14|{F:+4|R:+6|W:+1|{Acro+7}|{Stealth+7}
{Init+3}|{Perception:+5}

dammit let see if it works this time...

Necuametl stays out of the home to look around the perimeter looking for any tracks or sings of struggle

survival: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

edit:finally i had 4 of my post disappear last week

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 1 | AC 16/14/13 | HP 9/9 | Fort+4, Ref+6, Will+1; +2 vs. Fear | CMB-2, CMD 11 | Init+3 | Perc+6 | Speed 15' | Bomb: 5/6 | Mutagen: Brewed (+Dex)

Wilen gingerly gets up from the rock he's been sitting on while collecting himself. He shakes his head, muttering to himself. "So stupid..."

He very hesitantly circumvents the pit that he found (or found him) and enters the house with his companions. Now he can't take his eyes off the ground and he is either following in the footsteps of other members of the group (that have proven to be safe), or scanning for more traps.

Perception, scan the floor as he goes: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 but likely he is simply walking where Hullric did.

He follows Hullric to check out the next room, still being cautious. As he passes Vili he quietly reiterates so only he (and probably Ayri) can hear... "I'm not kidding, I owe you."

When he gets to the door he scans it for traps.

Perception, inspect the door before Hullric opens it: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

"Ready when you are, Hullric."

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | Ambush in Absalom (Core) Maps | | Honor's Echo Maps & Handouts |

Necumatel searches around the perimeter of the house and finds no signs of struggle...except for tracks suggesting that small-sized creatures tried to apprehend some chickens when they literally flew the coop. Necumatel is also able to determine that the strange mound of soil inside the yard was dug using shovels and pitchforks, and that something is buried there.

Wilen doesn't notice any dangers in the main room aside from smaller broken bits of porcelain (perhaps reminding him of his recent brush with dinnerware demise)...but right as Hullric opens the door, Wilen hears the words "democratic"..."vote"..."liberty" being whispered in a strange accent through the door.

Hullric pushes the unlocked door open - This once-tidy bedroom’s furnishings have been pushed against one wall. A pile of assorted objects seeps out from under an unmade bed. A framed painting of a verdant pasture hangs askew on the southern wall. Inside are four small, scaly creatures dressed in oversized blue cloaks and silver helmets, armed with spears and slings. They stop the discussion they were having, growl, and ready their weapons!

Initiative!:
Perception
Altorin: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
Ayri: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Galdur: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Hullric: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
NECUAMETL: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Vili: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Wilen: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Initiative
Altorin: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Ayri: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Galdur: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Hullric: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
NECUAMETL: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Vili: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Wilen: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Blue: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Pink: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Red: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Yellow: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Everybody *except* Galdur and Hullric:
When you get in sight of the door, you notice a trap (marked "T" on the map) has been set just inside the door - if anyone crosses the threshold into the room, a spring-loaded pitchfork above the door will swing down and stab at the person in that space and the space Hullric is currently in just outside the door!

Knowledge Local DC 5:
These are Kobolds - Small reptillian humanoids who speak Draconic and are known for their trap-making skills!

Knowledge Local or Nobility DC 10:
The Kobolds are dressed in Andoran Eagle Knight cloaks and helmets that look like they were made for humans - comically large on the small draconic creatures!

The Blue Enemy brandishes its spear and shouts at Hullric and Wilen as he readies an action! "ይህ የዴሞክራሲ ወታደር ዋና መሥሪያ ቤት ነው! ትተህ ሄደሃል!"

Draconic:
"This is democracy knight headquarters! You go away!"

ROUND 1
Blue Enemy (Readied Action)
Altorin
Wilen

Pink Enemy
Yellow Enemy
Hullric
Ayri
Red Enemy
Galdur
Vili
Necuametl
ROUND 2

Altorin and Wilen are up! Map is updated!

Liberty's Edge

Kineticist 1 - HP 12/12, AC 15/T: 13/FF: 12 - Perception +11 - F: +6/ R: +5/ W: +1 - CMB: +4 - CMD: 17, Speed: 30, Init. +3

knowledge local: 1d20 ⇒ 17
knowledge nobility: 1d20 ⇒ 13

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 1 | AC 16/14/13 | HP 9/9 | Fort+4, Ref+6, Will+1; +2 vs. Fear | CMB-2, CMD 11 | Init+3 | Perc+6 | Speed 15' | Bomb: 5/6 | Mutagen: Brewed (+Dex)

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Knowledge (nobility): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

"They are wearing clothes too big for them!"

He lobs a bomb at an angle through the door at one of the scaly people.

Throw bomb at blue: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Bomb fire damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 (5 splash damage, DC 13 reflex to halve)

He then backs away from the door to make room for others.

Liberty's Edge

Kineticist 1 - HP 12/12, AC 15/T: 13/FF: 12 - Perception +11 - F: +6/ R: +5/ W: +1 - CMB: +4 - CMD: 17, Speed: 30, Init. +3

"Lookout! We've got a kobold brigade and they set a trap!" screams Altorin just after the door opens, pointing at the pitchfork.

Targeting blue...

Seeing recognition of the trap from his peers, he shifts to bringing forth a scintillating blast of frost and unleashing it at one of kobolds.

ranged touch: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 = 6
damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | Ambush in Absalom (Core) Maps | | Honor's Echo Maps & Handouts |

Yellow Reflex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Wilen's bomb strikes true, immediately dropping the Blue Kobold to the ground in a burning heap!

The Yellow Kobold also takes the fiery splash in its face, staggering it!

Despite its wounds, the Yellow Kobold stabs around the corner at Hullric!

Attack: 1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 1 - 4 = 3 (vs Flat-Footed, -4 for hard corner)
Damage: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

Missing badly, the poor Kobold also collapses, unconscious!

The Pink Kobold steps forward in a rage, throwing its spear at Hullric!

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Damage: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4

Instead, the spear sticks in the door frame next to Hullric's head!

1d20 ⇒ 1

ROUND 1
Hullric
Ayri

Red Kobold
Galdur
Vili
Necuametl
ROUND 2
Blue Kobold (-10 Damage, Unconscious)
Altorin
Wilen
Pink Kobold
Yellow Kobold (-6 Damage, Unconscious)

Hullric and Ayri are up!

Grand Lodge

Male ! Ini +1 PERC: +7 NG Dwarf Wiz 1, AC: 15 t11 CMD: 11 F: +3, R: +1, W: +4 HP 10

I may not be around a computer when my turn comes up, so am posting an action now. Will cast mage armor

Galdur reaches into the ethereal with some strange gestures. Arcane plates drop onto his body forming a protective suit of armor.

Scarab Sages

Female Sylph wizard (wind listener, wood school) 1 | hp 7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 | CMD 10 | F +1 R +2 W +3 | Spd 35' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, His, Loc, Nat, Pla) +8, Perc +1 (darkvision), SensM +1, Scrft +8 | spear 7/7

knowledge (local): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
knowledge (local): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Ayri moves 35 feet across the house (because she can) to get to the doorway. "Hold! የዴሞክራሲ ወታደር ዋና መይህ የዴሞክራሲ ወታደር. ወታደር ዋና መይይህህ. I'm sure we can come to an accord once we've all settled down." Ayri shouts. "Try not to harm them, until we can get to the bottom of things. Obviously they think this is their home and that we are-. What is the word? 'Homeless wandering killer people'. Something like that."

Draconic:
"There has been some sort of mistake. We need not fight."

Scintillating light motes like multi-colored cherry blossoms caught on a sideways dustdevil flood the room with the kobolds.

Casts color spray (DC 15).

Liberty's Edge

Male CN Human Warpriest of The Lantern King 1.2 | AC 18 (T 11/FF 17) | CMB +2 CMD 13 (FF 12) | HP 14/14 | Init +3 | Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +4 | Perception +2 | Speed 20' | Blessings 3/3

"If I remember correctly a single woman was suppose to be living here. Not a group of small lizards."

Not knowing of the trap or caring, Hullric rushes into the room toward the kobold directly in front of him, leading with his dagger and shield.

Dagger vs Pink Kobold: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Dagger: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Move Action: 10'
Standard Action: Attack

Scarab Sages

Female Sylph wizard (wind listener, wood school) 1 | hp 7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 | CMD 10 | F +1 R +2 W +3 | Spd 35' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, His, Loc, Nat, Pla) +8, Perc +1 (darkvision), SensM +1, Scrft +8 | spear 7/7

"True, but the woman was in ill health and these kobolds may only be squatters." Ayri says sagely.

51 to 100 of 149 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Dire GM's [PFS] Honor's Echo All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.