The Dire GM's [PFS] Honor's Echo (Inactive)

Game Master CanisDirus

PFS PbP: Quest - Honor's Echo (Tier 1)

GM Notes:
Perception
[dice=Altorin]1d20 + 11[/dice
[dice=Ayri]1d20 + 1[/dice
[dice=Galdur]1d20 + 3[/dice
[dice=Hullric]1d20 + 2[/dice
[dice=NECUAMETL]1d20 + 8[/dice
[dice=Vili]1d20 + 8[/dice
[dice=Wilen]1d20 + 6[/dice

Initiative
[dice=Altorin]1d20 + 3[/dice
[dice=Ayri]1d20 + 2[/dice
[dice=Galdur]1d20 + 2[/dice
[dice=Hullric]1d20 + 3[/dice
[dice=NECUAMETL]1d20 + 1[/dice
[dice=Vili]1d20 + 3[/dice
[dice=Wilen]1d20 + 3[/dice

Honor's Echo Maps & Handouts

My "Parent" Lodge - The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge - where you can find a TON of resources about playing PFS PbP!


1 to 50 of 375 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

| Ashes of Discovery (SFS) Maps & Handouts | | Into the Unknown (SFS) Maps & Handouts |

Gameplay thread for the PFS Quest(s) - Honor's Echo (Tier 1)

Please see my recruitment link here if you'd like to play!

Scarab Sages

-=Character Look=-
NECUAMETL COATL(Neck-qua-mel){Stat Block}:
HP:12/14|{AC:16|T:11|FF:15|{F:+4|R:+1|W:+5}|{Survival+9}|{Swim+7}|
{Init+1}|{Perception:+8}
COAXOCH (Co-axe-soch){Stat Block}:
HP:15/15|{AC:17|T:12|FF:14|{F:+4|R:+6|W:+1|{Acro+7}|{Stealth+7}
{Init+3}|{Perception:+5}

The muscular Nagagi walks in, this stranger is barely wearing any clothing and has a python coiled around him.

Grand Lodge

| Ashes of Discovery (SFS) Maps & Handouts | | Into the Unknown (SFS) Maps & Handouts |

You find yourselves aboard a slender brigantine named The Ardent Lady, its sails catching fair winds that bring you from Absalom's harbor towards Taldor's nearby shores.

After expertly navigating his ship past the flotsam graveyard surrounding Absalom by sea, Venture Captain "Black Ramsey" calls your team together in his cabin while leaving his first mate to run the deck, so you can be briefed on what lay ahead of you.

The Exchange

Male Human [15] Gunslinger 11 / Weapon Master Fighter 3 / Cleric of Besmara 1

The balding man of mixed Varisian and Sargavan heritage takes a long pull from his mug of rum before hooking it on his baldric, as he tosses five envelopes onto the map table of his cabin, each letter sealed with a noble crest depicting a Pegasus in flight.

"Arr and welcome to ye, young Pathfinders - welcome aboard Th' Ardent Lady. We'll be touchin' Taldor's yonder shore in under a day, time enough for a briefin' and for you to see me quartermaster for any gear ye be needin' t'buy."

Rubbing a hand over his balding pate he chuckles a bit before fishing a thin stiletto from one of his many pouches, tossing it on top of the letters.

"These here be correspondence from one Remaio Alcasti, a Taldan who seems t'think that helpin' him wi'some history-gatherin' might be in th'society's best interests. Seein' as I was on me way t'Taldor anyways, th'lovely Lady Gloriana Morilla asked me to find a troupe o'novices like'n yourselves t'see it through. So! Here be th'letters. We'll make landfall in th'mornin', so ye can make introductions and such now, and decide how ye want to go about these things!"

Grand Lodge

| Ashes of Discovery (SFS) Maps & Handouts | | Into the Unknown (SFS) Maps & Handouts |

At this juncture, please feel free to introduce yourselves to each other. Also please look at the handouts on the linked page and list the order you'd prefer to tackle them in. I'll compile those lists and then run them in the best order I can matching by how you've all voted.

Scarab Sages

Female Sylph wizard (wind listener, wood school) 1 | hp 7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 | CMD 10 | F +1 R +2 W +3 | Spd 35' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, His, Loc, Nat, Pla) +8, Perc +1 (darkvision), SensM +1, Scrft +8 | spear 7/7

"Kon'nichiwa!" a small pale Tian-Min-looking woman with blue hair and a white robe enters, bringing with her a breeze loaded with pale cherry blossom petals in from outside. "I am Ayri Fukai-Sagashi of New Oppara. I will be our arcanist for this mission. I know we will all be fast friends."

"LET'S ALL DO OUR BEST!" she says like a cheer.

There are a few places in the handouts that are really vague in their location (the last three basically say somewhere in this country there is a place...). Any chance we can firm that up? Ayri likes to be efficient so a trip that doesn't involve a lot of back tracking would be best to her way of thinking about it. See attached maps.

Grand Lodge

| Ashes of Discovery (SFS) Maps & Handouts | | Into the Unknown (SFS) Maps & Handouts |
Ayri Fukai-Sagashi wrote:
There are a few places in the handouts that are really vague in their location (the last three basically say somewhere in this country there is a place...). Any chance we can firm that up? Ayri likes to be efficient so a trip that doesn't involve a lot of back tracking would be best to her way of thinking about it. See attached maps.

The handouts themselves don't detail it, but I do (mostly) have that info and was going to provide it at the start of each quest. However if you'd like them now, here goes (some of these may still be more vague than what either of us would like, just fyi) -

Grove: Verduran Forest, along the Taldan side of the Sellen River.
Basilica: Basilica of the Last Man, Oppara, Taldor.
Blade: Omash, Qadira.
Homestead: The rural Carpenden region northeast of Almas, Andoran.
Breakdown: The World's Edge Mountains by Taldor's eastern border.

Edit: I looked at your maps after I made this post - very nice! I added a blue marker where the missing locations stood. Thanks for doing that!

Liberty's Edge

Male CN Human Warpriest of The Lantern King 3.1 | AC 20 (T 11/FF 19) | CMB +4 CMD 15 (FF 14) | HP 30/30 | Init +3 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +5 | Perception +2 | Speed 20' | Blessings 4/4 | Fervor 3/3 | Active Conditions:

A slightly tall human who hides his face behind a mask and hood. He wears a black toned scale mail and carries a wooden shield on his left arm. The only weapons he seems to carry is a dagger and a sling that both reside on his belt. Hanging from his neck is a wooden amulet with a lantern carved design that is not painted or embellished in anyway.

The masked man chuckles, "Greetings everyone. You may call me Hullric."

Scarab Sages

-=Character Look=-
NECUAMETL COATL(Neck-qua-mel){Stat Block}:
HP:12/14|{AC:16|T:11|FF:15|{F:+4|R:+1|W:+5}|{Survival+9}|{Swim+7}|
{Init+1}|{Perception:+8}
COAXOCH (Co-axe-soch){Stat Block}:
HP:15/15|{AC:17|T:12|FF:14|{F:+4|R:+6|W:+1|{Acro+7}|{Stealth+7}
{Init+3}|{Perception:+5}

The feathered python covering Necuametl looks about the room and hisses into His masters ear, as if sating its opinion of the few gathered here. He looks at each in turn, his snake tongue whipping out as if to get a teaste of the air around each member.

Necuametl nods "Thisss one isss Necuametl Coatl, may we walk in the ssun together and keep our ssoulsss warm in itsss light" each word is spoken slowly but with power so all may understand the meaning

Liberty's Edge

Kineticist 1 - HP 12/12, AC 15/T: 13/FF: 12 - Perception +11 - F: +6/ R: +5/ W: +1 - CMB: +4 - CMD: 17, Speed: 30, Init. +3

"Captain, what does the society know about this Remaio Alcasti? This seems like a lot of effort just to help someone with his ancestry," inquires a thin yet chiseled man with narrow features.

...

After introducing himself as Altorin, the man quickly moves the conversation to the expedition at hand. "We should head to the Isle of Arenway first, assuming that the Captain can navigate the Ardent Lady that far up the river. Starting our excursion in the woods should hasten the excitement."

Liberty's Edge

Male CN Human Warpriest of The Lantern King 3.1 | AC 20 (T 11/FF 19) | CMB +4 CMD 15 (FF 14) | HP 30/30 | Init +3 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +5 | Perception +2 | Speed 20' | Blessings 4/4 | Fervor 3/3 | Active Conditions:

Hullric shrugs, "The woods are fine with me. Don't really care what order we go through. We'll have to do all of them eventually."

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Sylph wizard (wind listener, wood school) 1 | hp 7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 | CMD 10 | F +1 R +2 W +3 | Spd 35' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, His, Loc, Nat, Pla) +8, Perc +1 (darkvision), SensM +1, Scrft +8 | spear 7/7

"We could stop off at Vereena's farm on the way there."

Updated the map link above. If you just want to steal that MR. GM, feel free (and maybe spruce it up a bit). I found similar maps useful The Silverhex Chronicles Quest Adventures which involved a lot of travel around the River Kingdoms.

The Exchange

Alchemist 2 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | HP 15/15 | F+5, R+7, W+1; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | CMB-1, CMD 12 | Init+3 | Perc+7 | Speed 20' | Bomb: 7/7 | Mutagen: brewed | Active conditions: none

A halfling walks up after the cap'n has already started the briefing. His young face betrays the business demeanor he tries to put forth. He has several vials of brightly colored substances tucked into his belt. He wears a cloak that promises to hide more mixtures and tonics.

Cap'n "Black" Ramsey wrote:
"Arr and welcome to ye, young Pathfinders - welcome aboard Th' Ardent Lady. We'll be touchin' Taldor's yonder shore in under a day, time enough for a briefin' and for you to see me quartermaster for any gear ye be needin' t'buy."

"Excellent. Would he happen to have any alchemist's fire laying around?"

Cap'n "Black" Ramsey wrote:
"These here be correspondence from one Remaio Alcasti, a Taldan who seems t'think that helpin' him wi'some history-gatherin' might be in th'society's best interests. Seein' as I was on me way t'Taldor anyways, th'lovely Lady Gloriana Morilla asked me to find a troupe o'novices like'n yourselves t'see it through. So! Here be th'letters. We'll make landfall in th'mornin', so ye can make introductions and such now, and decide how ye want to go about these things!"

When he detects a lull in the introductions...

"Hello everyone. I'm Wilen Proudbrew. Ale brewmaster by day, aspiring alchemist by night. Maybe after we get back to Absalom I can treat all of you to one of my more recent batches of ale!"

He quickly turns to the topic at hand.

"We could start in Qadira and then work our way up the coast to avoid major back-tracking."

Dark Archive

Male Ratfolk Alchemist 1 | hp 11/11 | AC 17 | FF 16 | T 13 | CMD 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +5 | Will +2 | Init +3 | Perception +8 | Sense Motive +2 | Movement 20ft
Tracked Resources:
Bombs 6/7, Mutagen 1/1, Burst Jar 2/2, Ghast retch flask 1/1, tanglefoot bag 1/1, Wand of Cure Light wounds 48/50

There is a white ratfolk who is covered head to two in random objects, who has been talking to himself prior to the briefing. Realzing that the everyone is has introduced themselves and with a forced smile says,

"well...umm...hi i guess. I am Vili and...um I like to blow stuff up in my frWe time. I will try to make sure I dont blow anyone up this time."

"It doesnt matter to me where we start"

Liberty's Edge

Male CN Human Warpriest of The Lantern King 3.1 | AC 20 (T 11/FF 19) | CMB +4 CMD 15 (FF 14) | HP 30/30 | Init +3 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +5 | Perception +2 | Speed 20' | Blessings 4/4 | Fervor 3/3 | Active Conditions:

Hullric chuckles at Vili's comment, "Blow up your enemies and hear the lamentation of their women."

Grand Lodge

| Ashes of Discovery (SFS) Maps & Handouts | | Into the Unknown (SFS) Maps & Handouts |

Basically, these quests don't have a firm "introduction", so I'm sprucing it up using my own PC who became a venture captain to help :P Assume you can buy anything your fame allows you to buy from the ship's quartermaster before heading ashore.

Cap'n Ramsey doesn't actually know anything about Alcosti, just that he was to bring a team of newer Pathfinders to Taldor and give them the letters and set them loose.

Seems two votes for Grove, with Homestead after that. Looks like a good place to start! Again - feel free to buy equipment before disembarking, and look for the first Quest to begin in a few minutes!

Grand Lodge

| Ashes of Discovery (SFS) Maps & Handouts | | Into the Unknown (SFS) Maps & Handouts |

Dropped off by The Ardent Lady just after dawn, a riverboat hired by Remaio is there to meet you, and takes you up the Sellen River, the journey taking about 3 hours.

As the boat glides to a stop among the sweet-smelling blackwood trees on the river’s edge, a gnome woman with twigs braided into her hair waves to the boat’s pilot. A small bear waits patiently at her heel, while a red-bearded dwarf glowers over her shoulder.

The riverboat captain tells you that he's been hired to wait for you to return, so you can take your time. He takes great care, though, not to disturb any of the trees - he just has the boat settle in and the small crew relax a bit by playing cards.

The gnome nods as you step foot ashore, "My name's Trajet. This is Polgrin and Firepaw," she says, indicating the dwarf and bear. "We're here to lead you to the tree. Follow us." She turns sharply on her heel without waiting for any of you to speak, heading off into the woods, the dwarf grumbling a little and walking beside her, the pair followed by their ursine companion.

Sense Motive DC 20:
Trajet and Polgrin are quite unhappy with you being here, and their body language says that they just want to get to the tree as soon as possible. Polgrin finds your party distasteful, but Trajet is concealing raw hostility.

This part of the Verduran Forest is filled with blackwood trees and shows little sign of logging. Forest life is plentiful but harmless here, with birds singing in the trees and frogs croaking in the leaf litter.

You may describe anything that you're doing, either before arrival, or from when the riverboat pulls up to the bank.

The Exchange

Alchemist 2 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | HP 15/15 | F+5, R+7, W+1; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | CMB-1, CMD 12 | Init+3 | Perc+7 | Speed 20' | Bomb: 7/7 | Mutagen: brewed | Active conditions: none
Vili Borrson wrote:

There is a white ratfolk who is covered head to two in random objects, who has been talking to himself prior to the briefing. Realzing that the everyone is has introduced themselves and with a forced smile says,

"well...umm...hi i guess. I am Vili and...um I like to blow stuff up in my frWe time. I will try to make sure I dont blow anyone up this time."

"It doesnt matter to me where we start"

"Ah, a fellow alchemist! Perhaps we can compare formulas when we have some downtime, and help each other fill out our books." He offers a friendly smile to the ratfolk.

The Dire GM wrote:
Assume you can buy anything your fame allows you to buy from the ship's quartermaster before heading ashore.

Wilen purchases an additional alchemist's fire from the quartermaster.

The Dire GM wrote:

The gnome nods as you step foot ashore, "My name's Trajet. This is Polgrin and Firepaw," she says, indicating the dwarf and bear. "We're here to lead you to the tree. Follow us." She turns sharply on her heel without waiting for any of you to speak, heading off into the woods, the dwarf grumbling a little and walking beside her, the pair followed by their ursine companion.

** spoiler omitted **

This part of the Verduran Forest is filled with blackwood trees and shows little sign of logging. Forest life is plentiful but harmless here, with birds singing in the trees and frogs croaking in the leaf litter.

You may describe anything that you're doing, either before arrival, or from when the riverboat pulls up to the bank.

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Well, they seem trustworthy enough.

Wilen starts to follow them.

"Good to meet you all! I'm Wilen Proudbrew. Is there anything we should know about addressing the tree? Does it dislike any particular behavior? Does it have a sense of humor?"

He looks back to see if the others are following.

Scarab Sages

-=Character Look=-
NECUAMETL COATL(Neck-qua-mel){Stat Block}:
HP:12/14|{AC:16|T:11|FF:15|{F:+4|R:+1|W:+5}|{Survival+9}|{Swim+7}|
{Init+1}|{Perception:+8}
COAXOCH (Co-axe-soch){Stat Block}:
HP:15/15|{AC:17|T:12|FF:14|{F:+4|R:+6|W:+1|{Acro+7}|{Stealth+7}
{Init+3}|{Perception:+5}

SM: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Necu nods and follows the dwarf his python drapped proactively around him

Scarab Sages

Female Sylph wizard (wind listener, wood school) 1 | hp 7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 | CMD 10 | F +1 R +2 W +3 | Spd 35' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, His, Loc, Nat, Pla) +8, Perc +1 (darkvision), SensM +1, Scrft +8 | spear 7/7
The Dire GM wrote:
Dropped off by The Ardent Lady just after dawn, a riverboat hired by Remaio is there to meet you, and takes you up the Sellen River, the journey taking about 3 hours.

*Yawn* "Excellent. Now where is the old woman's home?" Ayri asks upon arrival. "Will we be able to sail directly there?"

sense motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Liberty's Edge

Male CN Human Warpriest of The Lantern King 3.1 | AC 20 (T 11/FF 19) | CMB +4 CMD 15 (FF 14) | HP 30/30 | Init +3 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +5 | Perception +2 | Speed 20' | Blessings 4/4 | Fervor 3/3 | Active Conditions:

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

After landing and being greeted by the locals, "Never met a talking tree before. Must have interesting stories and secrets to tell."

Liberty's Edge

Kineticist 1 - HP 12/12, AC 15/T: 13/FF: 12 - Perception +11 - F: +6/ R: +5/ W: +1 - CMB: +4 - CMD: 17, Speed: 30, Init. +3

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

"Well met. Firepaw, how'd you come up with the name Projit for your pet bear?" asks Altorin innocuously, briefly flashing a devious grin.

Altorin is content with making small talk and taking in the scenery of the blackwoods as they progress.

Dark Archive

Male Ratfolk Alchemist 1 | hp 11/11 | AC 17 | FF 16 | T 13 | CMD 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +5 | Will +2 | Init +3 | Perception +8 | Sense Motive +2 | Movement 20ft
Tracked Resources:
Bombs 6/7, Mutagen 1/1, Burst Jar 2/2, Ghast retch flask 1/1, tanglefoot bag 1/1, Wand of Cure Light wounds 48/50

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Vili looks at Wilen with a questioning eye when he notices a vial similar to his, "Wilen I will gladly share what i know with you"

Vili smiles awkwardly and shows his Formula Book to Wilan.

Formula Book:

Spell Level 1
Heightened Awareness, Reduce Person, Shield, Target Admixture
Spell Level 2
Alchemical Allocation, Barksin.

The Exchange

Alchemist 2 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | HP 15/15 | F+5, R+7, W+1; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | CMB-1, CMD 12 | Init+3 | Perc+7 | Speed 20' | Bomb: 7/7 | Mutagen: brewed | Active conditions: none
Vili Borrson wrote:


Vili looks at Wilen with a questioning eye when he notices a vial similar to his, "Wilen I will gladly share what i know with you"

Vili smiles awkwardly and shows his Formula Book to Wilan.

** spoiler omitted **

Previously, while the party's boat was still on the river...

"Most excellent! I could definitely use a couple of those. Here is mine! After my last pathfinder mission I spent all of my earnings acquiring what I could for it."

Formula book for Vili to peruse:

1st--adhesive spittle, ant haul, ancitipate peril, bomber's eye, comprehend languages, crafter's fortune, cure light wounds, detect secret doors, detect undead, disguise self, expeditious retreat, identify, jump, keen senses, longshot, shield, shock shield, targeted bomb admixture, touch of the sea, true strike

Scarab Sages

Female Sylph wizard (wind listener, wood school) 1 | hp 7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 | CMD 10 | F +1 R +2 W +3 | Spd 35' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, His, Loc, Nat, Pla) +8, Perc +1 (darkvision), SensM +1, Scrft +8 | spear 7/7
The Dire GM wrote:
The gnome nods as you step foot ashore, "My name's Trajet. This is Polgrin and Firepaw," she says, indicating the dwarf and bear. "We're here to lead you to the tree. Follow us." She turns sharply on her heel without waiting for any of you to speak, heading off into the woods, the dwarf grumbling a little and walking beside her, the pair followed by their ursine companion.

"Pardon me Trajet-san, but I thought it was more of a house with a museum in it. Is it a tree house? Regardless, the area is quite beautiful."

Grand Lodge

| Ashes of Discovery (SFS) Maps & Handouts | | Into the Unknown (SFS) Maps & Handouts |

My apologies to all - today went a bit off the rails for me offline. I'll pick up posting tonight once I've had a chance to sleep and decompress. Also, Ayri, your party decided to go to the Grove first, with the Homestead (museum) second.

Grand Lodge

Male ! Ini +1 PERC: +7 NG Dwarf Wiz 1, AC: 15 t11 CMD: 11 F: +3, R: +1, W: +4 HP 10

The young dwarf looks makes sure his new gear is securely strapped into place.

"Thank you Master Trajet. Thank you Masters Polgrin and Firepaw." He says bowing more formally than is necessary. He also stays face down for longer than expected.

Ughh. Did I just call a bear 'Master?' I did! Quit acting like such a newb! And straiten up!

He grunts a bit in what he hopes is a significantly dwarf-like manner. "And... yes a beautiful place," he finishes awkwardly.

SM: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Scarab Sages

Female Sylph wizard (wind listener, wood school) 1 | hp 7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 | CMD 10 | F +1 R +2 W +3 | Spd 35' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, His, Loc, Nat, Pla) +8, Perc +1 (darkvision), SensM +1, Scrft +8 | spear 7/7
The Dire GM wrote:
... Also, Ayri, your party decided to go to the Grove first, with the Homestead (museum) second.

Oh I (the player) know that, but you'll notice Ayri just woke up and doesn't have knowledge (geography) yet.

"Yes, perhaps one day I shill come back here to Andoran to visit for a while and walk among its trees."

She begins discussing Andoran politics with the dwarves. "So democracy--it sounds a frightening way to rule a kingdom. Does it mean rule by demons? How does the People's Council do anything when it is a house divided against itself each with their own interests? How do you guard against the possibility of an unworthy- um, I believe the Andoran term is: ham-handed, knee-slapping, venial, thin-tangerine-skinned, narcissistic, self-important, lying, loutish idiot-opportunist from attaining your highest seat, hmm?"

Liberty's Edge

Male CN Human Warpriest of The Lantern King 3.1 | AC 20 (T 11/FF 19) | CMB +4 CMD 15 (FF 14) | HP 30/30 | Init +3 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +5 | Perception +2 | Speed 20' | Blessings 4/4 | Fervor 3/3 | Active Conditions:

Hullric chimes in, "Pure democracy would be chaotic and the mob would rule. Democracy in a form of a republic would probably be a better route but even that has problems. But what government doesn't have problems."

Scarab Sages

Female Sylph wizard (wind listener, wood school) 1 | hp 7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 | CMD 10 | F +1 R +2 W +3 | Spd 35' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, His, Loc, Nat, Pla) +8, Perc +1 (darkvision), SensM +1, Scrft +8 | spear 7/7

"The Grand Celestial Bureaucracy of Heaven."

Grand Lodge

| Ashes of Discovery (SFS) Maps & Handouts | | Into the Unknown (SFS) Maps & Handouts |

The pair continue to lead you upstream, past where a smaller rain-fed tributary rushes between the trees, back towards the Sellen River itself. The canopy above is thick enough to cast the area into green twilight and provide home to the dozens of birds chattering above. The path breaks away from the stream to the southeast, leading past a small clearing that holds several weathered tombstones.

Anticipating your question about them, Polgrin speaks, "The grave of my ancestor, who granted our sacred tree its ability to speak - the two beside it belonged to her children - killed by outsiders, like yourselves."

Perception DC 15:
The central tombstones reads, "Aurenia, speaker of the forest.”

The pair rudely ignore all your other attempts at communication until you arrive at what is apparently your destination:

A massive old blackwood tree stands at the side of the trail. Sheets of moss cling to its bark, covering it entirely except for a jagged crack that suggests a mouth.

You have only a moment to take the sight in before Trajet looks up to the tree, arms raised. "Sacred blackwood! Give us permission to punish these outsiders who shame the Wildwood Lodge with bribes and seek to treat the sacred trees as mere servants - especially those who have clearly lost their way as keepers of nature and who truck with defilers!" This verbal barb she aims directly at Necuametl with her tongue and eyes.

The crack in the tree's bark opens slowly, speaking calming words of refusal, stating its intention to hear you out as guests...but Trajet's now obviously seething anger at all of you boils over as she looks to initiate combat!

Initiative!:
Altorin: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Ayri: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Galdur: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Hulric: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
NECUAMETL: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Vili: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Wilen: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Polgrin: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1
Trajet: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

As combat begins, the tree urges, "Please, show mercy to my children."

ROUND 1
Hulric
Galdur
Altorin
Wilen

Trajet
Firepaw
Vili
NECUAMETL
Ayri
Polgrin
ROUND 2

You may all start anywhere you like inside the blue box on the map.

Map is live! Hulric, Galdur, Altorin, and Wilen are up!

The Exchange

Alchemist 2 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | HP 15/15 | F+5, R+7, W+1; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | CMB-1, CMD 12 | Init+3 | Perc+7 | Speed 20' | Bomb: 7/7 | Mutagen: brewed | Active conditions: none

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

"Your children are aggressively hostile, mercy is going to be impractical at this point!"

It appears Polgrin won't be moving before Wilen's turn, so...

Wilen draws one of his bombs and lobs it directly forward at the dwarf.

Bomb attack at Polgrin: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Bomb fire damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

No splash damage unless that's a miss and it lands to the left of him

Liberty's Edge

Kineticist 1 - HP 12/12, AC 15/T: 13/FF: 12 - Perception +11 - F: +6/ R: +5/ W: +1 - CMB: +4 - CMD: 17, Speed: 30, Init. +3

"Do you hear that stunty? Your tree is asking to spare your stupidity because it knows we're about to freeze your loose marbles."

perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

cold kinetic blast ranged touch: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
damage: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 = 9

Liberty's Edge

Male CN Human Warpriest of The Lantern King 3.1 | AC 20 (T 11/FF 19) | CMB +4 CMD 15 (FF 14) | HP 30/30 | Init +3 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +5 | Perception +2 | Speed 20' | Blessings 4/4 | Fervor 3/3 | Active Conditions:

When the tree speaks and ask the group to spare his children, Hullric begins to try and calm the dwarf down. "Take it easy. You say you honor this tree, then why would you disobey it..."

When Wilen and Altorin go to attack though, Hullric ceases to try to avoid a fight. "At least don't kill them. If we do, the tree might not talk to us."

Hullric then begins to chant, "Let the foolish among us strike true and let the chaos of light guide them."

Cast Bless. +1 to attack/10 rounds
Since I would go before them, Wilen and Altorin will have a +1 to their attacks.

Grand Lodge

Male ! Ini +1 PERC: +7 NG Dwarf Wiz 1, AC: 15 t11 CMD: 11 F: +3, R: +1, W: +4 HP 10

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 please note the change in Perception from my earlier post. I chose a trait (observant) granting a +1 and making it a class skill.

"No no no!" thinks the dwarf. Out loud he says, "Aww man. Information. Information is all we seek. Why deny the tree's ability to share what it has learned? Gawd, so much drama."

Galdur casts a spell and a shimmering suit of plates slowly settle over his form. He steps to the left and draws an axe from his belt.
mage armor, AC is now 16. 5' adjust, draw weapon.

Grand Lodge

| Ashes of Discovery (SFS) Maps & Handouts | | Into the Unknown (SFS) Maps & Handouts |

Altorin, in the future please indicate the target of your attacks. Otherwise I'll have to try to infer it, and you'd be stuck with the result of that. Thanks.

Hullric casts Bless as Galdur puts up his defenses. Altorin's kinetic blast goes wide of all the combatants, but Wilen's bomb hits the dwarf right in the chest...unfortunately, some of the splashing flame hits the surrounding foliage and tree roots, too!

1d20 ⇒ 14 (Modifiers hidden)

Trajet screams in rage seeing the fire explode so close to the sacred tree. She orders Firepaw to wade forward into melee as she begins to cast a spell!

Spellcraft DC 12:
She is casting Summon Swarm - Level 2 Druid Spell - 1 Round casting time.

Even though Galdur and NECUAMETL haven't taken offensive actions, they are the closest to Trajet, which makes them the bear's targets, after a five-foot-step!

Bite vs Galdur: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Claw 1 vs NECUAMETL: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Claw 2 vs NECUAMETL: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

...rut roh...
Crit confirm vs Galdur?: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Crit damage vs Galdur?: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Whew!

ROUND 1
Vili
NECUAMETL
Ayri

Polgrin (-9 Damage)
ROUND 2
Hulric
Galdur (-5 Damage)
Altorin
Wilen
Trajet
Firepaw

Vili, NECUAMETL, and Ayri are up!

Scarab Sages

Female Sylph wizard (wind listener, wood school) 1 | hp 7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 | CMD 10 | F +1 R +2 W +3 | Spd 35' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, His, Loc, Nat, Pla) +8, Perc +1 (darkvision), SensM +1, Scrft +8 | spear 7/7

"Please do not move just yet Necuametl-san."

Ayri casts color spray (will DC 16).

Scarab Sages

-=Character Look=-
NECUAMETL COATL(Neck-qua-mel){Stat Block}:
HP:12/14|{AC:16|T:11|FF:15|{F:+4|R:+1|W:+5}|{Survival+9}|{Swim+7}|
{Init+1}|{Perception:+8}
COAXOCH (Co-axe-soch){Stat Block}:
HP:15/15|{AC:17|T:12|FF:14|{F:+4|R:+6|W:+1|{Acro+7}|{Stealth+7}
{Init+3}|{Perception:+5}
The Dire GM wrote:


The pair rudely ignore all your other attempts at communication until you arrive at what is apparently your destination:

You have only a moment to take the sight in before Trajet looks up to the tree, arms raised. "Sacred blackwood! Give us permission to punish these outsiders who shame the Wildwood Lodge with bribes and seek to treat the sacred trees as mere servants - especially those who have clearly lost their way as keepers of nature and who truck with defilers!" This verbal barb she aims directly at Necuametl with her tongue and eyes.

.

Necu gives a angry hiss at the dwarf " you fool you think the ssnake caresss for the tree, all that matersss isss the food it bringsss when weak pray comess to feed like that pet of yoursss will make a fine meal." with that he sings his club over head pointing at the bear. Launching a orc of acid to fly at it, in that same moment the python slithers up her masters arm leaps off its hungry maw wide...

Animal handle if needed: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
grab ability: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
acid splash: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2

Dark Archive

Male Ratfolk Alchemist 1 | hp 11/11 | AC 17 | FF 16 | T 13 | CMD 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +5 | Will +2 | Init +3 | Perception +8 | Sense Motive +2 | Movement 20ft
Tracked Resources:
Bombs 6/7, Mutagen 1/1, Burst Jar 2/2, Ghast retch flask 1/1, tanglefoot bag 1/1, Wand of Cure Light wounds 48/50

Vili, slow to reaction at his newly made "friends", thinks out loud,
"Well bombs are nice....trees are flamable....they are hurting friends...bombs it is"

Vili moves up and throws a bomb at Trajet

Bomb: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Grand Lodge

| Ashes of Discovery (SFS) Maps & Handouts | | Into the Unknown (SFS) Maps & Handouts |

Polgrin Will Save: 1d20 ⇒ 18 (Mods hidden)
Firepaw Will Save: 1d20 ⇒ 7 (Mods hidden)

The dwarf resists Ayri's spell, but the bear is blind & stunned for 1d4 ⇒ 3 rounds and then stunned for 1 round.

NECUAMETL's snake launches an attack, and is only able to hit because Ayri's spell affected the bear first!

Vili's bomb strikes true on the gnome, causing her to have to concentrate on her spellcasting!

Concentration DC 21: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 - she loses her spell!

1d20 ⇒ 20 (Mods hidden)

The dwarf, Polgrin, brings a hand up, aiming at Ayri, NECUAMETL, and Hullric, casting Burning Hands.

1d4 ⇒ 4 Fire Damage, DC 13 Reflex Save for Half

The elder tree speaks once more over the din of battle, "please, show these misguided children leniency," but does not otherwise take any actions.

ROUND 2
Hullric (-2 or -4 Damage)
Galdur (-5 Damage)
Altorin
Wilen

Trajet (-9 Damage)
Firepaw (-6 Damage & Grappled) (Blind 3, Stunned 4)
Vili
NECUAMETL (-2 or -4 Damage) (Snake is Grappled)
Ayri (-2 or -4 Damage)
Polgrin (-9 Damage)
ROUND 3

Hullric, Galdur, Altorin, and Wilen are up!

The Exchange

Alchemist 2 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | HP 15/15 | F+5, R+7, W+1; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | CMB-1, CMD 12 | Init+3 | Perc+7 | Speed 20' | Bomb: 7/7 | Mutagen: brewed | Active conditions: none

"Please! Polgrin, you seem like you respect the wishes of this elder tree! Show restraint and we can all end this now. Please listen to your elder tree and let us hear its wishes in full!

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 welp, I did strike first... oh well

Wilen refrains from throwing a second bomb, and chooses to consume a defensive extract.

Consume "shield" extract, duration 1min/10 rounds, standard action

Grand Lodge

Male ! Ini +1 PERC: +7 NG Dwarf Wiz 1, AC: 15 t11 CMD: 11 F: +3, R: +1, W: +4 HP 10

"Why did you lead us all the way up here, and then attack. If you really want to drama over our presence, why not just leave us at the port?" Galdur steps away from the starry-eyed bear and up to the gnome.

"Oh great uhm... tree" the dwarf asks, Please let tell us what you know of Alcasti who might have led armies here?" He swings his axe at the druid with the blade away from her flesh. "Before someone gets hurt?"
non-lethal axe: 1d20 - 1 - 4 ⇒ (11) - 1 - 4 = 6, ktink: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1 potentially provokes from the bear.

Scarab Sages

Female Sylph wizard (wind listener, wood school) 1 | hp 7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 | CMD 10 | F +1 R +2 W +3 | Spd 35' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, His, Loc, Nat, Pla) +8, Perc +1 (darkvision), SensM +1, Scrft +8 | spear 7/7

reflex save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Ayrin hops to the side as light as a leaf on the wind.

Liberty's Edge

Kineticist 1 - HP 12/12, AC 15/T: 13/FF: 12 - Perception +11 - F: +6/ R: +5/ W: +1 - CMB: +4 - CMD: 17, Speed: 30, Init. +3

Does Altorin know anything about the nature of the tree?
knowledge nature: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

"Fire Polgrin? What happened to caring for your tree?" mocks Altorin as he continues to unleash frost blasts from the aether at Polgrin.
cold kinetic blast ranged touch: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Liberty's Edge

Male CN Human Warpriest of The Lantern King 3.1 | AC 20 (T 11/FF 19) | CMB +4 CMD 15 (FF 14) | HP 30/30 | Init +3 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +5 | Perception +2 | Speed 20' | Blessings 4/4 | Fervor 3/3 | Active Conditions:

Reflex Save (DC13): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Wading through the fire cast by the dwarf, Hullric attempts to knock him out by hitting him with the hilt of his dagger.

Non-Lethal Dagger: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 - 4 = 6
Non-Lethal Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Move Action: 15'
Standard Action: Attack

Liberty's Edge

Kineticist 1 - HP 12/12, AC 15/T: 13/FF: 12 - Perception +11 - F: +6/ R: +5/ W: +1 - CMB: +4 - CMD: 17, Speed: 30, Init. +3

In case it becomes relevant, can an Ice Blast be used to put out a fire? Or is that applying too much flavor to it?

Grand Lodge

| Ashes of Discovery (SFS) Maps & Handouts | | Into the Unknown (SFS) Maps & Handouts |

Trajet is able to avoid the attacks coming in on her, even as Altorin's blast hits Polgrin and puts his fires out, knocking him unconscious!
Firepaw is stunned and grappled and cannot detect Galdur's movements.

The tree speaks slowly, and is unable to form words to answer Galdur so quickly after speaking last round.

Altorin - flavor-wise I'm all for it. So far the alchemist bombs have only singed a few leaves and grasses - Polgrin's burning hands was aimed in such a way that it did not hit any foliage (which, in fact, is the specific call-out in his tactics - he'll only use that spell if he can do so without risking hitting trees/leaves). Also, your Knowledge tells you that this tree is simply a very old blackwood tree that had the spell Awaken cast on it long ago.

Trajet doesn't seem to hear any of the pleas for reason, taking a step back next to Polgrin's unconscious body, extending a hand to fire an arc of lightning at the snake attacking her animal companion!

Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 - 4 = 19
Electricity Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

ROUND 2
Vili
NECUAMETL (-2 or -4 Damage)
NECU's snake (-4 Damage, Grappled)
Ayri (-2 Damage)

Polgrin (Prone, Unconscious)
ROUND 3
Hullric (-2 Damage)
Galdur (-5 Damage)
Altorin
Wilen

Trajet (-9 Damage)
Firepaw (-6 Damage & Grappled) (Blind 2, Stunned 3)

Vili, NECUAMETL, and Ayri are up (followed by Hullric, Galdur, Altorin, and Wilen after the first three take their Round 2 actions)!

Meanwhile, in orbit around Golarion:
Purely OOCly for amusement:

A ragtag crew of evil men who have self-mutilated themselves to the point of barely being human any more (including filing their teeth down to points) have a sudden urge to fire a spaceship-mounted spear-gun in the direction of a Sylph on the planet's surface. At the last minute, they decide the risk of copyright infringement is too high, and instead take their craft into the Drift and fly away.

Grand Lodge

Male ! Ini +1 PERC: +7 NG Dwarf Wiz 1, AC: 15 t11 CMD: 11 F: +3, R: +1, W: +4 HP 10

Yeah:
...but she's our sylph

Scarab Sages

Female Sylph wizard (wind listener, wood school) 1 | hp 7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 | CMD 10 | F +1 R +2 W +3 | Spd 35' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, His, Loc, Nat, Pla) +8, Perc +1 (darkvision), SensM +1, Scrft +8 | spear 7/7

"You have betrayed you mother wood, Trajet. I'm sorry but you leave me no choice." Ayri summons up the power of the forest, calling upon the very trees. The result is a crude wooden spear that launches from the nearby foliage at Trajet with deadly force.

splintered spear v Trajet: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Splintered Spear (Su) wrote:
As a standard action, you can create a wooden shortspear appropriate to your size, which hurls itself as a ranged attack against one target within 100 feet (range penalties apply), using your Intelligence modifier as an attack bonus instead of your Strength or Dexterity modifier. The spear deals normal damage according to its size, plus your Intelligence modifier, then breaks into countless splinters; the target takes 1 point of bleed damage each round on its turn. At 6th-level and every 6 levels thereafter, the spear gains a +1 enhancement bonus and the bleed damage increases by +1. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Intelligence modifier.

Dark Archive

Male Ratfolk Alchemist 1 | hp 11/11 | AC 17 | FF 16 | T 13 | CMD 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +5 | Will +2 | Init +3 | Perception +8 | Sense Motive +2 | Movement 20ft
Tracked Resources:
Bombs 6/7, Mutagen 1/1, Burst Jar 2/2, Ghast retch flask 1/1, tanglefoot bag 1/1, Wand of Cure Light wounds 48/50

Vili seeing that one enemy still stands and and is able to see h will throw another bomb at him.

Bomb: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

1 to 50 of 375 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Dire GM's [PFS] Honor's Echo All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.