Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

The Dire GM's [PFS Core] #8-16: House of Harmonious Wisdom (PbP Gameday VI)

Game Master CanisDirus

PFS PbP Core: #8-16 House of Harmonious Wisdom (Subtier 1-2)

GM Notes:
Perception
[dice=Gene]1d20 + 6[/dice
[dice=Gwydion]1d20 + 4[/dice
[dice=Chewyy]1d20 + 9[/dice
[dice=Amestri]1d20 + 9[/dice
[dice=Prudence]1d20 + 9[/dice
[dice=Elle]1d20 + 3[/dice

Initiative
[dice=Gene]1d20 + 6[/dice
[dice=Gwydion]1d20 + 2[/dice
[dice=Chewyy]1d20 + 4[/dice
[dice=Amestri]1d20 + 2[/dice
[dice=Prudence]1d20 + 3[/dice
[dice=Elle]1d20 + 5[/dice

House of Harmonious Wisdomi (Core) Maps

My "Parent" Lodge - The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge - where you can find a TON of resources about playing PFS PbP!


51 to 100 of 127 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

F Elf Wizard 1 AC:13 T:13 FF:10| HP 7/7 | Fort+2 Reflex+3 Will+3 | Init +3 | Perc +4 | Movement 30ft

Prudence takes a slight step back hoping to subconsciously encourage the more able members to take care of the problem instead of her risking a face full of fire.

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf, Monk 2 hp 22/22 | AC 19 | FF 15 | T 16 | CMD 20 (24 bull rush, trip | 22 grapple) | Fort +6 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +4 | Perception +9 (11 stonework) | Sense Motive +7 | Movement 20ft
Tracked Resources:
Stunning Fist 2/2, Wand of Cure Light wounds 45/50

Chewy’s Head visually lowers and as he takes a step forward he says ”Please have a wand ready, I have a feeling this is going to hurt”

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

The Exchange

Male half-Orc Rogue 1 hp 9/9 | AC 18 | FF 14 | T 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +1 | Ref +6 | Will +3 | Init +6 | Perception +6 | Sense Motive +6 | Movement 30ft | Darkvision 60ft |
Tracked Resources:
Wand of Cure Lt. 49/50, Reroll 1/1

Gene puts a hand on Chewy's shoulder before he moves forward, a second please, this is probably easier on everyone, and pulls out his tools to try and disarm the trap.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

reroll
Disable Device: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | House of Harmonious Wisdom (Core) Maps | | The Overflow Archives Maps |

Gene almost sets the trap off, but then catches himself and twists his tools the other direction and disables it!

The trap bypassed, you are able to enter into the locked room:

In stark contrast to the decaying ruin of the rest of the manor, this combination of bedroom and office is almost pristine save for a thick layer of dust. One wall contains shelves bearing books and scrolls, and another wall is covered with an enormous map of central Tian Xia. On the desk lay several sheets of thick paper, their script indecipherable under ages of dust.

The books on the shelves are military treatises and the scrolls are military orders detailing troop movements in the dying days of Lung Wa. These would certainly be of historical interest to Mai Chun and weigh 200 pounds in total. The giant map of the region that became Shokuro is highly detailed. Someone with a steady hand carefully marked several remote locations in various mountain ranges. The border of the map is an intricate depiction of the Dragon Empires zodiac.

The papers on the desk are the most significant items here. They are a series of one-sided correspondences in Tien from an adjutant of the last Lung Wa emperor to General Chiang Zhen. The adjutant thanks General Zhen for his visit to a recent military summit at a place called the Summer Palace.

Knowledge History or Nobility DC 15:
You identify the Summer Palace as a near-legendary palace believed to have been lost when the
empire fell. Though these letters are putatively written on behalf of the emperor, their tone is familiar, even intimate, and hints at a close relationship between the adjutant and the general. Details about the sunsets viewed between mountain peaks and constellations seen from the Summer Palace provide hints as to the lost Summer Palace’s location.

The fine calligraphy set on the desk is worth 100 gp. You can also find gold ring worth 300 gp and 50 gp in loose coins in the desk drawers. Leaning against the desk is General Zhen’s masterwork naginata (Pathfinder RPG Ultimate Equipment 19).

When you return to Ashima with the books, map, and letters, Mai Chun is overjoyed. She bids the party to stay while she goes over the adjutant’s letters, and her eyes go wide with realization. She unrolls the large map across her table and traces the identified sites. Mai Chun explains that the location of the Summer Palace has been lost since the fall of Imperial Lung Wa; the treasures it contains are unknown but likely significant. Although the materials that your party recovered from the estate aren’t sufficient to pinpoint the Summer Palace’s location, Mai Chun believes they are a good start. Tapping her fingernail on the map, she muses,

“The moon, with joy enough to tear the heavens,
Sinks to the horizon, and suddenly,
The Spring has grown old.”

She grins widely and asks, “Who wants to make history?”

End of Quest 1 of 5 - "Fragments"

You are able to rest up to full hp, regain all uses of daily abilities, and make any purchases you wish. Note that the Naginata is on your chronicle sheet, which makes it legal for purchase even for your core campaign characters!

The next day, Mai Chun gives you three letters as she sends you off, allowing you to tackle these missions in whichever order you choose.

Please vote for one of the following:
- Inkstains
- Constellation
- Teahouse
Non-votes will default to Inkstains in 24 hours from this post.

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf, Monk 2 hp 22/22 | AC 19 | FF 15 | T 16 | CMD 20 (24 bull rush, trip | 22 grapple) | Fort +6 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +4 | Perception +9 (11 stonework) | Sense Motive +7 | Movement 20ft
Tracked Resources:
Stunning Fist 2/2, Wand of Cure Light wounds 45/50

Chewy sees the he might get to meet a martial arts master and becomes very excited. "I think i would like to go to the Teahouse first"

The Exchange

Female Half-Elf (Keleshite), Bard /1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 15 (12 T, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1 CMD: 13 | F:+0 R:+4 W:+2 | Init +2 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft |
Tracked Resources:
Bardic Performance 7/7 | Sp Lv 1- 2/2 | Re-roll+2 1/1
| Active Conditions: none

Knowledge: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Amestri will bow to Mai Chun as they leave and wish her good luck going through the materials.

"It also may be the most helpful," replies flipping through the letters. "If we need to determine false from truth later, having a personal baseline would not be a bad thing to have."

The Exchange

Male half-Orc Rogue 1 hp 9/9 | AC 18 | FF 14 | T 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +1 | Ref +6 | Will +3 | Init +6 | Perception +6 | Sense Motive +6 | Movement 30ft | Darkvision 60ft |
Tracked Resources:
Wand of Cure Lt. 49/50, Reroll 1/1

Orange silk and light fingers, sounds like my kinda place

I'm picking up profession Tailoring after this adventure, so my vote is going for Inkstains, don't really care about the order though

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | House of Harmonious Wisdom (Core) Maps | | The Overflow Archives Maps |

Inkstains:

Following your briefing-by-letter from Mai Chun, you arrive in Xiwu without difficulty and easily locate the School of Affinities.

The School of Affinities stands on the southern side of Xiwu, overlooking the Golden River. The school is a compound of several freestanding buildings surrounded by a stone wall. A small fountain bubbles in the space between buildings.

The sliding walls of most buildings are open, allowing light to reach rows of students kneeling at their desks. Teachers walk between the desks, occasionally pausing to check work before continuing with their calligraphy lessons.

Knowledge Nobility DC 10 (can be attempted untrained):
You realize that all of the students are from noble families, and that for each student, there is at least one armed bodyguard standing nearby. In addition to the bodyguards, the school employs several guards who patrol the grounds, keeping an eye out for trouble. These guards wear blue and black sashes, respectively.

Before you get inside the grounds for more than a few seconds, an energetic young man dressed in scholar/student's robes comes up to greet you, introducing himself as Jianghong. A scarred bodyguard wearing a blue sash and resting a masterwork guisarme across his shoulder follows not too far away, but remains silent.

Jianghong explains that he is on “door duty” and offers you a tour of the school, in exchange for your names and your reasons for visiting the campus today!

The Exchange

Male half-Orc Rogue 1 hp 9/9 | AC 18 | FF 14 | T 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +1 | Ref +6 | Will +3 | Init +6 | Perception +6 | Sense Motive +6 | Movement 30ft | Darkvision 60ft |
Tracked Resources:
Wand of Cure Lt. 49/50, Reroll 1/1

Kn.(nobility): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5

A tour sounds great to me, I'm a fan of tapestries and we've heard a bit about the collection here. It seemed like a good opportunity to see it while we were in the area.

GM:
Im hoping someone else will step up who is more charismatic so I can attempt to aid the Bluff (which IMO it is as we are trying not to reveal the whole reason we are here) in which case Bluff: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17. Otherwise I guess it would be my lead roll *cross fingers*

The Exchange

Female Half-Elf (Keleshite), Bard /1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 15 (12 T, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1 CMD: 13 | F:+0 R:+4 W:+2 | Init +2 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft |
Tracked Resources:
Bardic Performance 7/7 | Sp Lv 1- 2/2 | Re-roll+2 1/1
| Active Conditions: none

Knowledge(nobility): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

"A tour would be quite wonderful!" Amestri will reply excitedly. "I've heard so much about how wonderful it is here and how much knowledge that you keep, I have lots of stories and knowledge from Casmaron but travels have brought me here, and I would love to learn as much as I can about both lands!"

Bluff/Diplo: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 both are the same, she's really not bluffing... bard knowledge sponge!

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | House of Harmonious Wisdom (Core) Maps | | The Overflow Archives Maps |

Gene is able to give a good answer along with Amestri, and Jianghong begins to lead you on the simple tour.

For the sake of our collective sanity (trust me) we are going to do this whole part in the "theatre of the mind" rather than on a map, just fyi.

These are the locations you are shown, in the following order:

Fountain - A large fountain stands in the center of the school on a raised dais. The fountain consists of several pools that represent elaborate inkstones.

Inner Grounds - The grounds consist of several gravel paths and well-tended hedges. These hedges are thick and about 4 feet high.

Groundskeeper’s Hut - This small hut is the home of the school’s groundskeeper, but the groundskeeper is currently away visiting relatives.

Guesthouse - This large guesthouse contains a dining room and three private rooms. It is reserved for guests of the school, such as prospective students or visiting merchants, although it is currently unoccupied.

Classrooms - These classroom buildings are filled with teachers, students, and bodyguards throughout the day, with their sliding paper walls open to admit light. At night, these buildings are shut, but not locked. Jianghong explains that very few people are on campus in the evening. Only the groundskeeper, the gatekeeper, and anyone staying in the guesthouse remain, while all faculty and students walk to their estates and apartments in town.

Main Hall and Offices - This two-story building has a high hall on the ground floor and teacher’s offices on the upper floor, accessed by a narrow stairway at the rear of the hall. The hall contains several treasures on display, including weapons and examples of exquisite calligraphy. One of these pieces is an ornate map on orange silk, which appears to be the map you are seeking. Unlike many of the other art objects, the map is not secured behind glass and may be sketched, but not handled, by visitors.

Appraise, Craft (Calligraphy), or Perception DC 12:
The silk of this item is not particularly old and the brushwork is definitely in a modern style.

Perception (separate fro the above check) DC 5:
Two guards stand at attention in the main hall, and other guards can easily see into the building as they patrol the grounds. The guards ensure that no one handles the art or ascends to the second floor of the building. They are polite but firm in insisting that visitors obey the rules.

After the tour, Jianghong offers to introduce the party to anyone else you wish to meet, such as teachers or guards. Jianghong and Zheng do not leave you unescorted during the tour.

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Scholar of Nethys 1 | HP 9/9 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMD 10 | Fort +4 Ref +3 Will +5 (+2 fear) | Init +2 | Perc +4

"Nice to meet you," Gwydion greets Jianghong.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Gwydion follows along on the tour, nodding politely to any students or staff they pass along the way. "This looks to be a very well-funded and well-organized school. I am quite impressed. I noticed that there are guest houses; who should we speak with to stay here for some time? I would like to observe a class or two if that is possible."

The Exchange

Female Half-Elf (Keleshite), Bard /1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 15 (12 T, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1 CMD: 13 | F:+0 R:+4 W:+2 | Init +2 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft |
Tracked Resources:
Bardic Performance 7/7 | Sp Lv 1- 2/2 | Re-roll+2 1/1
| Active Conditions: none

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

Walks around looking amazed but letting others talk for a bit. Spending time looking around treasures displayed along the hall.

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf, Monk 2 hp 22/22 | AC 19 | FF 15 | T 16 | CMD 20 (24 bull rush, trip | 22 grapple) | Fort +6 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +4 | Perception +9 (11 stonework) | Sense Motive +7 | Movement 20ft
Tracked Resources:
Stunning Fist 2/2, Wand of Cure Light wounds 45/50

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Chewy follows along and when he sees the weapons becomes excited "So uh could I hold one of those?"

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | House of Harmonious Wisdom (Core) Maps | | The Overflow Archives Maps |

The guards politely decline Chewyy's desire to handle the exotic weapons. To Gwydion, Jianghong tells you that if you wish to spend the evening here, you can speak to the Headmaster and make a case for being allowed to be guests of the school.

The young man will quietly, with a smirk, tell you that the Headmaster doesn't really care for foreigners, though.

The Exchange

Male half-Orc Rogue 1 hp 9/9 | AC 18 | FF 14 | T 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +1 | Ref +6 | Will +3 | Init +6 | Perception +6 | Sense Motive +6 | Movement 30ft | Darkvision 60ft |
Tracked Resources:
Wand of Cure Lt. 49/50, Reroll 1/1

Perc: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Perc: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Gene is perfectly happy to quietly follow the student throughout the school and take note of the "tapestry" and the guards.

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | House of Harmonious Wisdom (Core) Maps | | The Overflow Archives Maps |

Jianghong will answer any questions you have, or will set up a meeting with the Headmaster for you. You just have to tell him what you would like to do.

The Exchange

Female Half-Elf (Keleshite), Bard /1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 15 (12 T, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1 CMD: 13 | F:+0 R:+4 W:+2 | Init +2 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft |
Tracked Resources:
Bardic Performance 7/7 | Sp Lv 1- 2/2 | Re-roll+2 1/1
| Active Conditions: none

"A Meeting with the headmaster would be greatly appreciated, I believe we have at least a little to talk about possibly being interested in arrangements to come back and study when proper term starts." Amestri mentions.

Amestri will look up at the map that is on display and will wrinkle her nose at it while she looks back at the party. ~Copy for display, and not the original...do they have the original?~

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | House of Harmonious Wisdom (Core) Maps | | The Overflow Archives Maps |

The Headmaster will see you, and would like to know why you wish to stay, and will answer any other questions you might have regardless of that decision.

Diplomacy or Bluff to convince the Headmaster.

(If you make a Craft (Calligraphy) or Knowledge (Nobility) or Profession (Artist) beforehand, it will give you a +5 (limit one) bonus on the check)

Dark Archive

F Elf Wizard 1 AC:13 T:13 FF:10| HP 7/7 | Fort+2 Reflex+3 Will+3 | Init +3 | Perc +4 | Movement 30ft

Prudence will attempt to aid in any check but won't speak up until someone else does.

aid: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16

The Exchange

Female Half-Elf (Keleshite), Bard /1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 15 (12 T, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1 CMD: 13 | F:+0 R:+4 W:+2 | Init +2 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft |
Tracked Resources:
Bardic Performance 7/7 | Sp Lv 1- 2/2 | Re-roll+2 1/1
| Active Conditions: none

Knowledge (nobility): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

"Well we come on behalf of enlightened and well placed individuals in search of places of knowledge, and would like the time to make a proper report of our explorations of this area for potentially future noble education requests." Amestri begins as she clears her throat. "Our employers, come from a wide and varied civilizations including those here in Tien that appreciate both an internal and external view as to the value of knowledge and it's potential benefits, before expending the resources for proper applications."

Bluff/Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 It's the same dice either way, and I am dancing along that line, Amara Li is technically Tien and a Pathfinder of some note... and well it is the purpose of Pathfinders to Explore (the school), and Report (our findings) ;)

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Scholar of Nethys 1 | HP 9/9 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMD 10 | Fort +4 Ref +3 Will +5 (+2 fear) | Init +2 | Perc +4

"Indeed," Gwydion adds with a bow to the headmaster. "I myself am a scholar and a servant of the god Nethys, who promotes magical knowledge. So you can understand our, and my, interest in your institution of learning. Could we be permitted to stay for a day, perhaps a few, to observe your students and peruse your libraries?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | House of Harmonious Wisdom (Core) Maps | | The Overflow Archives Maps |

The headmaster is intrigued by non-Tian natives wishing to learn, but is also suffering from a rather nasty headache. He summons Jianghong from outside and tells the young man to see you all to the guesthouse where you may spend the evening. He is so distracted by his malady that he doesn't even take down your names.

Sense Motive DC 10:
Jianghong is clearly rankling at all of this - apparently "door duty" is something of a punishment and despite being pleasant (if a bit cocky in general) he'd clearly rather be doing other things than escorting you lot around and doing the bidding of the administrators.

Jianghong sighs softly at being given more to do, but he obeys, seeing you all from the office to the guesthouse, which has tea, dried meats, fruits, granola, nuts, and bouillon so that you can prepare simple meals for yourselves this evening, as when night falls the faculty and students leave for town.

Unless you have any final questions of Jianghong, he will also depart, leaving you alone to make your plans.

A few hours later, as night falls - you are alone on the campus of the school. What would you like to do?

We are going to do this "theater of the mind" rather than using Flip-mat Village - it will be so much easier on all of us, trust me :)

The Exchange

Female Half-Elf (Keleshite), Bard /1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 15 (12 T, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1 CMD: 13 | F:+0 R:+4 W:+2 | Init +2 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft |
Tracked Resources:
Bardic Performance 7/7 | Sp Lv 1- 2/2 | Re-roll+2 1/1
| Active Conditions: none

"I think we have two possibilities here, either they do not have the map at all, or they have made a copy of the map for public display." Amestri mentions after Jianghong leaves.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

"It may be worth while to do something nice for the boy, he doesn't seem to enjoy being saddled with us, and if we do something to make it worth his time it may ease things along and also have a small ally."

"I think the question remains where is the real map. It would not due to return with a copy unless it is indeed the only copy. It's in a modern style, which does not line up with what we were told it should be.

Dark Archive

F Elf Wizard 1 AC:13 T:13 FF:10| HP 7/7 | Fort+2 Reflex+3 Will+3 | Init +3 | Perc +4 | Movement 30ft

If it's an accurate copy, I would assume it would suffice. However, can we simply
assume accuracy?

The Exchange

Male half-Orc Rogue 1 hp 9/9 | AC 18 | FF 14 | T 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +1 | Ref +6 | Will +3 | Init +6 | Perception +6 | Sense Motive +6 | Movement 30ft | Darkvision 60ft |
Tracked Resources:
Wand of Cure Lt. 49/50, Reroll 1/1

If it were me I'd keep the real map in the most secure building, probably in fact where we met the headmistress, though that's assuming they know it's a fake. If I were to steal something like the map, a replacement would be ideal to give me more time for a getaway. I mean how long do people actually look at things they expect to be there?

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | House of Harmonious Wisdom (Core) Maps | | The Overflow Archives Maps |

The only building you saw that had locks on any of its doors was the main hall and offices (the floor above the museum displays).

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | House of Harmonious Wisdom (Core) Maps | | The Overflow Archives Maps |

It is now evening...what are you all doing?

The Exchange

Female Half-Elf (Keleshite), Bard /1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 15 (12 T, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1 CMD: 13 | F:+0 R:+4 W:+2 | Init +2 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft |
Tracked Resources:
Bardic Performance 7/7 | Sp Lv 1- 2/2 | Re-roll+2 1/1
| Active Conditions: none

"How sneaky are we in general? We do have semi-run of the place, not sure what the guards will be like at night but they do know we are here. At least be able to confirm the copy perhaps?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf, Monk 2 hp 22/22 | AC 19 | FF 15 | T 16 | CMD 20 (24 bull rush, trip | 22 grapple) | Fort +6 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +4 | Perception +9 (11 stonework) | Sense Motive +7 | Movement 20ft
Tracked Resources:
Stunning Fist 2/2, Wand of Cure Light wounds 45/50

”Well I’m not the best at being sneaky but let’s give a try

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Scholar of Nethys 1 | HP 9/9 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMD 10 | Fort +4 Ref +3 Will +5 (+2 fear) | Init +2 | Perc +4

"I don't yet know any magic to help us sneak. But I am rather small..." Gwydion offers. "I will come along, if I can be of any assistance. As for making a copy though... I'm not sure how to help there."

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Chelish) 82376-19 Fighter 1 hp 13/13 | AC 16 | FF 15 | T 11 | CMD 16 | Fort +4 | Ref +1 | Will +2 | Init +3 | Perception +5 | Movement 20ft
Tracked Resources:

I am also not suited to a stealth mission, but if a distraction is necessary, I can be of use.

The Exchange

Male half-Orc Rogue 1 hp 9/9 | AC 18 | FF 14 | T 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +1 | Ref +6 | Will +3 | Init +6 | Perception +6 | Sense Motive +6 | Movement 30ft | Darkvision 60ft |
Tracked Resources:
Wand of Cure Lt. 49/50, Reroll 1/1

I've been known to lurk once or twice.

Assuming we are headingto the main buildingGene is happy to lead the way and attempt to stick to the shadows.

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | House of Harmonious Wisdom (Core) Maps | | The Overflow Archives Maps |

Gene is able to lead you all to the main building, which is not locked at night. Examining the map copy, you are certain that bringing this back would not really do well for Mai Chun's work.

Heading up to the second floor, there are six offices. Five of the office doors are unlocked and contain little of interest to anyone other than a teacher; the sixth office door is closed and locked.

Gene's Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Gene is easily able to pop the lock. The inside of this office is cluttered with calligraphy samples, brushes, and inkstones across every flat surface except a low table in the center of the room. The window on the other side of the room is open, and a shadow moves across the sill with a flutter of orange silk.

As soon as you get a light source inside the door, you see Jianghong dropping out the window to the ground below and bolting, carrying the original map as well as several other valuables!!!

Begin the chase!

Unlike a typical chase scene with specific "locations" and obstacles, this one is very free-form. You begin in a second story office in the main building at the center of campus, and Jianghong begins on the ground beneath you, running away. You can use any skill check you would like that makes sense to me - if you are clever and creative, I can grant up to a +3 circumstance bonus. Each skill check represents one full round of action, and you cannot use the same skill more than twice. So long as you can explain how your character might use a skill to close in on Jianghong, it’s a valid option.

If you need examples:
Examples include using Acrobatics to leap a hedge, Climb to scale a wall, Intimidate to convince Jianghong to stop, or Stealth to sneak up on Jianghong or avoid the guard, Zheng.

Round 1!
Gene
Chewyy
Prudence
Amestri
Elle
Gwydion

Round 2!

The whole party is up!

The Exchange

Female Half-Elf (Keleshite), Bard /1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 15 (12 T, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1 CMD: 13 | F:+0 R:+4 W:+2 | Init +2 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft |
Tracked Resources:
Bardic Performance 7/7 | Sp Lv 1- 2/2 | Re-roll+2 1/1
| Active Conditions: none

Amestri, will use her knowledge of the building to use the outside architecture to make her way down easier.

Knowledge (engineering) +3: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

The Exchange

Male half-Orc Rogue 1 hp 9/9 | AC 18 | FF 14 | T 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +1 | Ref +6 | Will +3 | Init +6 | Perception +6 | Sense Motive +6 | Movement 30ft | Darkvision 60ft |
Tracked Resources:
Wand of Cure Lt. 49/50, Reroll 1/1

Assuming there is an open window Gene will push forward vault throw and attempt to hit the ground running.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | House of Harmonious Wisdom (Core) Maps | | The Overflow Archives Maps |

Amestri is unable to find a quicker way down, but Gene is able to leap through the open window and give close pursuit!

Round 1!
Chewyy
Prudence
Elle
Gwydion

Round 2!
Gene
Amestri

Chewyy, Prudence, Elle, Gwydion!

Successes / Attempts
1 / 2

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Scholar of Nethys 1 | HP 9/9 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMD 10 | Fort +4 Ref +3 Will +5 (+2 fear) | Init +2 | Perc +4

Gwydion looks at the height and decides that he is not the strongest climber. Instead, he begins to summon something that will slow the student down...

Begin summon monster I.

Not a skill check but hopefully it will help somehow next round.

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf, Monk 2 hp 22/22 | AC 19 | FF 15 | T 16 | CMD 20 (24 bull rush, trip | 22 grapple) | Fort +6 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +4 | Perception +9 (11 stonework) | Sense Motive +7 | Movement 20ft
Tracked Resources:
Stunning Fist 2/2, Wand of Cure Light wounds 45/50

Following Gene chewy takes off for the window and jumps out.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Chelish) 82376-19 Fighter 1 hp 13/13 | AC 16 | FF 15 | T 11 | CMD 16 | Fort +4 | Ref +1 | Will +2 | Init +3 | Perception +5 | Movement 20ft
Tracked Resources:

Hooking her scythe on the window ledge, Ellie slides down the weapon's shaft and hops to the ground, taking off at a run after the fleeing ascetic.

Climb: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | House of Harmonious Wisdom (Core) Maps | | The Overflow Archives Maps |

Gwydion begins casting a spell, while Chewyy jumps down and joins Gene in pursuit! Ellie is a bit held up, though.

Prudence (botted because we're running way behind) will try and use Perception to figure out where Jianghong is headed so she can relay that to the others in the party!

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

But is unable to do so.

Round 2!
Gene
Amestri
Chewyy
Ellie
Gwydion
Prudence

Round 3!

The whole party is up again!

Successes / Attempts
2 / 6

Feel free to RP/roll two rounds of actions in one post, if you'd like to!

Dark Archive

F Elf Wizard 1 AC:13 T:13 FF:10| HP 7/7 | Fort+2 Reflex+3 Will+3 | Init +3 | Perc +4 | Movement 30ft

Unable to predict the movements the first time, she tries again.

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

And fails pathetically, her spectacles falling of her nose at a key moment.

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Scholar of Nethys 1 | HP 9/9 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMD 10 | Fort +4 Ref +3 Will +5 (+2 fear) | Init +2 | Perc +4

Gwydion's spell finishes and a border collie appears on the school grounds. Seeing Jianghong running about and others chasing after him, the border collie's natural herding instincts kick in and it starts trying to corral him in.

Meanwhile Gwydon ties a rope to the leg of a nearby desk and tosses the other end out the window. He takes a deep breath and shakily pulls himself out the window, trying to lower himself down via the rope.

climb: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (14) - 2 = 12

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf, Monk 2 hp 22/22 | AC 19 | FF 15 | T 16 | CMD 20 (24 bull rush, trip | 22 grapple) | Fort +6 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +4 | Perception +9 (11 stonework) | Sense Motive +7 | Movement 20ft
Tracked Resources:
Stunning Fist 2/2, Wand of Cure Light wounds 45/50

Man he sure is fast.

Chewy will try to see if he can tell where Jianghong is headed and see if he can find a short cut. As well as seeing if Jianghong is trying to fool us into following him.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | House of Harmonious Wisdom (Core) Maps | | The Overflow Archives Maps |

Gwydion's planning gives him a bit of a boost (+2) which is enough to drop down and join the chase in earnest! The dog makes a running attempt to bite Jianghong's robes and slow him down, but fails.

Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Prudence isn't able to see too far ahead, however, Chewyy is able to find a short-cut and predict Jianghong's movements to catch up!

Round 2!
Gene
Amestri
Ellie

Round 3!
Gwydion + Dog
Prudence
Gene
Amestri
Ellie

No More Actions!
Chewyy

Gene, Amestri, and Ellie have 2 actions! Gwydion, the dog, and Prudence have 1 action remaining!

Successes / Attempts
5 / 10

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Chelish) 82376-19 Fighter 1 hp 13/13 | AC 16 | FF 15 | T 11 | CMD 16 | Fort +4 | Ref +1 | Will +2 | Init +3 | Perception +5 | Movement 20ft
Tracked Resources:

Picking herself up off the ground with a growl of frustration, Ellie starts off after the group. She looks about for the best route to head off Jianghong.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Seeing that her best path lay through a rock garden, but knowing that she will never catch up in time, she latches on to the idea of heaving one of the heavier stones in Jianghong's path to get him to falter enough that the others can catch up.

Strength check to hurl a boulder: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Dark Archive

F Elf Wizard 1 AC:13 T:13 FF:10| HP 7/7 | Fort+2 Reflex+3 Will+3 | Init +3 | Perc +4 | Movement 30ft

I don't think I have another appropriate skill and I've tried perception twice so I guess I pass?

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | House of Harmonious Wisdom (Core) Maps | | The Overflow Archives Maps |

Ellie is able to find a good route to help herd Jianghong - inching closer to being caught, but pulls her back trying to grab a stone!

Round 2!
Gene
Amestri

Round 3!
Gwydion + Dog
Prudence
Gene
Amestri

No More Actions!
Chewyy
Ellie

Gene and Amestri, have 2 actions! Gwydion, the dog, and Prudence have 1 action remaining!

(Your call if you want to give up, Prudence...but success or failure might hinge on your decision. You can literally use any skill or spell as long as you can justify how it might affect the chase)

Successes / Attempts
6 / 12

The Exchange

Female Half-Elf (Keleshite), Bard /1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 15 (12 T, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1 CMD: 13 | F:+0 R:+4 W:+2 | Init +2 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft |
Tracked Resources:
Bardic Performance 7/7 | Sp Lv 1- 2/2 | Re-roll+2 1/1
| Active Conditions: none

~Oh why not!~ Amestri thinks and gets a good vantage point with the help of Ellie's directions.

First! Amestri casts grease on Jianghong. DC 14 Reflex save

Regardless of that works or not. Amestri casts Hideous Laughter on Jianghong. DC 14 Will save

Dark Archive

F Elf Wizard 1 AC:13 T:13 FF:10| HP 7/7 | Fort+2 Reflex+3 Will+3 | Init +3 | Perc +4 | Movement 30ft

Prudence tries some fancy moves in a last ditche effort to gain some ground, despite having no idea what she is doing.

acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

51 to 100 of 127 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Dire GM's [PFS Core] #8-16: House of Harmonious Wisdom (PbP Gameday VI) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.