Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

The Dire GM's [PFS Core] #8-16: House of Harmonious Wisdom (PbP Gameday VI)

Game Master CanisDirus

PFS PbP Core: #8-16 House of Harmonious Wisdom (Subtier 1-2)

GM Notes:
Perception
[dice=Gene]1d20 + 6[/dice
[dice=Gwydion]1d20 + 4[/dice
[dice=Chewyy]1d20 + 9[/dice
[dice=Amestri]1d20 + 9[/dice
[dice=Prudence]1d20 + 9[/dice
[dice=Elle]1d20 + 3[/dice

Initiative
[dice=Gene]1d20 + 6[/dice
[dice=Gwydion]1d20 + 2[/dice
[dice=Chewyy]1d20 + 4[/dice
[dice=Amestri]1d20 + 2[/dice
[dice=Prudence]1d20 + 3[/dice
[dice=Elle]1d20 + 5[/dice

House of Harmonious Wisdomi (Core) Maps

My "Parent" Lodge - The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge - where you can find a TON of resources about playing PFS PbP!


1 to 50 of 125 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | House of Harmonious Wisdom (Core) Maps | | The Overflow Archives Maps |

This is the gameplay thread for #6-15: The Overflow Archives (Tier 1-5) as part of Play-by-Post Gameday VI). Feel free to "dot and delete" if you are part of the game, and look for us to begin on August 25th, 2017!

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Scholar of Nethys 1 | HP 9/9 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMD 10 | Fort +4 Ref +3 Will +5 (+2 fear) | Init +2 | Perc +4

Gwydion sits on a chair with his hands folded neatly in his lap, absentmindedly kicking his legs back and forth while waiting for the briefing.

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf, Monk 2 hp 22/22 | AC 19 | FF 15 | T 16 | CMD 20 (24 bull rush, trip | 22 grapple) | Fort +6 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +4 | Perception +9 (11 stonework) | Sense Motive +7 | Movement 20ft
Tracked Resources:
Stunning Fist 2/2, Wand of Cure Light wounds 45/50

Chewy is laying on the floor taking a nap.

The Exchange

Female Half-Elf (Keleshite), Bard /1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 15 (12 T, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1 CMD: 13 | F:+0 R:+4 W:+2 | Init +2 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft |
Tracked Resources:
Bardic Performance 7/7 | Sp Lv 1- 2/2 | Re-roll+2 1/1
| Active Conditions: none

Amestri sits in a chair waiting for the people in charge at least sharing a smile to those she's seen before.

The Exchange

Male half-Orc Rogue 1 hp 9/9 | AC 18 | FF 14 | T 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +1 | Ref +6 | Will +3 | Init +6 | Perception +6 | Sense Motive +6 | Movement 30ft | Darkvision 60ft |
Tracked Resources:
Wand of Cure Lt. 49/50, Reroll 1/1

Gene sits down a begins darning a sock.

Dark Archive

F Elf Wizard 1 AC:13 T:13 FF:10| HP 7/7 | Fort+2 Reflex+3 Will+3 | Init +3 | Perc +4 | Movement 30ft

Prudence appears to be transcribing quick notes into a more formal journal.

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | House of Harmonious Wisdom (Core) Maps | | The Overflow Archives Maps |

After your last mission, the Decemvirate has decided to give you a leisurely boat ride to Tian Xia to help a friend of the Society named Mai Chun. You can introduce yourselves to each other (namely to your newly arrived compatriot, Ellie) during that time.

The screen door opens on an unassuming house tucked in the small town of Ashima. Filling the doorway is an elderly woman of regal bearing who wears a lopsided smile. Long white hair meets her waist over colorful robes that would not be out of place in the salons of Tian Xia’s largest cities. The grandmotherly woman speaks with a deep, rich voice.

“What fates and fickle winds bring blooming lilies to our forest island.
With such winds does history ebb and flow.”

Having introduced herself with this couplet, she bows and adds, “Yes, yes you’ll do perfectly. I hope you’re fond of bears.” She grins and steps aside, raising a welcoming arm. “Quickly, come in. And off with your shoes!”

Knowledge Nobility or History 12:
Mai Chun’s poetic couplets as a form of communication that highly educated people use in many parts of Tian Xia, particularly in regions like Shokuro that have experienced Minkaian influence.

Inside, Mai Chun’s house is delightfully cluttered. Papers and parchments are stacked perilously high, piles of books lean against disorderly shelves, and swords and shields are displayed on every wall. You are aware that Mai Chun is a writer of some renown in the region; she has chronicled the history she helped forge in a series of articles, books, and even poems about the fall of Lung Wa and the revolution that created Shokuro. Drafts of her own texts clutter her tables. Out of place amid the chaos is an orderly circle of concentrically arranged cushions around a chalkboard. Mai Chun has converted this part of her home into a classroom. For her, your information says, securing Shokuro’s future includes passing her talents on to the next generation.

She invites you to sit in her "classroom", and explains that she'd like you to enter the nearby Li Sho forest and explore a ruined estate. She believes that it was an old estate for military officers during the days of Imperial Lung Wa. She hopes it contains relics or information about Lung Wa that Shokuro can use to enhance its reputation among the Successor States - she had previously asked some local villagers to handle this task, but they had to flee from the site and return, which is when she contacted her friend Amara Li, who passed on her request for adventurers to the Pathfinder Society leadership.

Although the forest is dense, Mai Chun is able to provide specific directions to the ruined estate.

"But before you finish your tea and leave," she chuckles at the rather accidental pun, "do you have any questions for me?"

The Exchange

Male half-Orc Rogue 1 hp 9/9 | AC 18 | FF 14 | T 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +1 | Ref +6 | Will +3 | Init +6 | Perception +6 | Sense Motive +6 | Movement 30ft | Darkvision 60ft |
Tracked Resources:
Wand of Cure Lt. 49/50, Reroll 1/1

Fates and fickle winds though they may be, information we seek to bring thee. Jean replies, before asking some questions Go to the estate, find stuff about Lung Wa, come back. Right? If so, what's this about a bear, and is Lung Wa just a famous period in this region's history or actually the reign of an Emperor, as that might inform wheether we are looking for information on a person or a time period or both?

For Mike:
BTW, that's a couplet, not what she said, though closish

The Exchange

Female Half-Elf (Keleshite), Bard /1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 15 (12 T, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1 CMD: 13 | F:+0 R:+4 W:+2 | Init +2 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft |
Tracked Resources:
Bardic Performance 7/7 | Sp Lv 1- 2/2 | Re-roll+2 1/1
| Active Conditions: none

Knowledge Checks:

Knowledge (history) +3: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Knowledge (nobility) +3: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Amestri will walk in, and with some difficulty get the tightly tied desert style boots off. Then actually gracefully folds down on to one of the cushions, letting the bag fall behind her.

"Perhaps it would be best if we showed our manners as we ask questions, and introduce ourselves to our host and each other. I am Amestri al-Midean, all around type of travler it seems these days." The half elven women mentions, pulling back the fabric holding back hair and ears a bit out of her face after sliding down dealing with the boots.

"You mentioned the villagers fled from the place, do they have any account of what they encountered thta caused them to flee in the first place?"

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | House of Harmonious Wisdom (Core) Maps | | The Overflow Archives Maps |

For Joe:
We know this...
Cue the scene from "Under Siege 2: Dark Territory"
Travis Dane: Now this is where the s@+@ really starts to fly. A fertilizer plant in Guangzhou.
Penn: A fertilizer plant?
Travis Dane: Yeah, I'm gonna shock the world by spreading ca-ca all over the place. Guangzhou is a chemical weapons plant masquerading as a fertilizer plant. We know this. The Chinese know that we know. But we make-believe that we don't know and the Chinese make-believe that they believe that we don't know, but know that we know. Everybody knows.

Mai Chun smiles at Gene's verse, then answers both him and Amestri:

“Sadly I can’t give specifics, as I don’t know exactly what’s there. Shizuru curse any looters that may have already gotten to it. But, if anything remains, I’m looking specifically for documents. Maps, letters, scrolls, things of that sort. Other than that, any treasure could be significant. If it’s shiny and not bolted down, pick it up. If it is bolted down, I have pliers.”

“The villagers I initially sent to scout the estate report seeing a dire bear prowling the courtyard. They fled, which is exactly what I would’ve wanted them to do. Who would make the harvest festival stew if Wu got his head bitten off? No one, that’s who! You lot, though? You look like you can handle a big bear if you had to.”

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Scholar of Nethys 1 | HP 9/9 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMD 10 | Fort +4 Ref +3 Will +5 (+2 fear) | Init +2 | Perc +4

The halfling in the black robe accented with white trim takes a deep bow and says, "Gwydion Flaxseed, at your service and the service of the God of Magic Nethys!"

"Pick up anything not bolted down... and bolted down?" Gwydion grins and nods enthusiastically. "Yes, this does sound like a job for the Pathfinders. If you don't mind, I can read through some of the maps, scrolls, and letters on the way back and give you my preliminary report. If nothing else it will get them organized and give you an idea of what we found before you tackle them yourself."

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf, Monk 2 hp 22/22 | AC 19 | FF 15 | T 16 | CMD 20 (24 bull rush, trip | 22 grapple) | Fort +6 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +4 | Perception +9 (11 stonework) | Sense Motive +7 | Movement 20ft
Tracked Resources:
Stunning Fist 2/2, Wand of Cure Light wounds 45/50

The Dwarf that was snoring on the floor jumps up and says, "Oh sorry the floor was much more comfortable than I thought. The names Chewy i uh... like to hit stuff and wrestle and uh... oh hi Gwydion, Amestri, Gene, and Prudence.

"I don't wear any shoes am I still allowed to come in?"

The Exchange

Male half-Orc Rogue 1 hp 9/9 | AC 18 | FF 14 | T 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +1 | Ref +6 | Will +3 | Init +6 | Perception +6 | Sense Motive +6 | Movement 30ft | Darkvision 60ft |
Tracked Resources:
Wand of Cure Lt. 49/50, Reroll 1/1

I should say I'm Gene and picking up everything not bolted down has been known to be in my skill set, thank you for the reminder Amenstri

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | House of Harmonious Wisdom (Core) Maps | | The Overflow Archives Maps |

Assuming there are no more questions (as 36 hours have elapsed), you head out from Mai Chun's humble abode.

The Li Sho Forest is a surprisingly dense forest that thwarts easy travel. Mai Chun’s directions lead to a narrow path that was once a wide road. The forest has reclaimed most of it, with only a few paving stones peeking up from the soil. The landmarks that Mai Chun mentioned are easy to spot: corroded lantern poles overgrown with ivy, an empty hunter’s shack, and finally an old military watchtower. Climbing the old watchtower is easy, requiring only a successful DC 10 Climb check (feel free to do so if you'd like before the "scene" below starts).

If you make the climb:
The top of the watchtower contains a sturdy waterproof box with a longbow, a quiver with 10 arrows, and an old letter from a child to the soldier who stood guard here decades ago.

The journey from Ashima to the ruined estate in the Li Sho Forest takes about 6 hours.

Gaps in the forest canopy allow shafts of light to fall on the ruins of a once opulent manor. The manor’s facade is covered in leafy vines, and the once-neatly manicured shrubberies of the courtyard now wildly overspill their bounds. An acrid stench assaults the senses as corpses of humanoids and beasts alike litter the grounds.

As you enter the courtyard, a growl reaches your ears as a mighty, snarling, ferocious...Panda bear...appears, baring its teeth at you!

Initiative!:

Gene: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Gwydion: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Chewyy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Amestri: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Prudence: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Elle: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
"Dire" Bear: 1d20 ⇒ 16

Round 1!
Gene
Chewyy
Prudence

"Dire" Bear
Amestri
Elle
Gwydion
Round 2

Gene, Chewyy, and Prudence are up!

Knowledge Nature DC 7:
Panda bears are indigenous to this region, but they are almost never aggressive or territorial like this one is displaying. They can attack with their bite and with both of their front claws.

Knowledge Nature DC 12:
Pandas have a powerful bite and add their strength modifier twice on damage rolls. They normally have a strong Fortitude save but a weak Will save, with a 30 ft base speed.

First Map is up!!!

The Exchange

Male half-Orc Rogue 1 hp 9/9 | AC 18 | FF 14 | T 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +1 | Ref +6 | Will +3 | Init +6 | Perception +6 | Sense Motive +6 | Movement 30ft | Darkvision 60ft |
Tracked Resources:
Wand of Cure Lt. 49/50, Reroll 1/1

Gene moves down thirty (using one angle to get closer to the pool), and draws a CI dagger.

kn.(nature): 1d20 ⇒ 16Only gets the DC 7 result though

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf, Monk 2 hp 22/22 | AC 19 | FF 15 | T 16 | CMD 20 (24 bull rush, trip | 22 grapple) | Fort +6 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +4 | Perception +9 (11 stonework) | Sense Motive +7 | Movement 20ft
Tracked Resources:
Stunning Fist 2/2, Wand of Cure Light wounds 45/50

Chewy will move forward and stand in the way of the pandas and the rest of the party.

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | House of Harmonious Wisdom (Core) Maps | | The Overflow Archives Maps |

Your GM messed up and forgot to make the map "edit free" - but you can now move your own characters!

Also - the bushes and the pool are difficult terrain.

Dark Archive

F Elf Wizard 1 AC:13 T:13 FF:10| HP 7/7 | Fort+2 Reflex+3 Will+3 | Init +3 | Perc +4 | Movement 30ft

Prudence will double mice to be one step behind chewy.

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | House of Harmonious Wisdom (Core) Maps | | The Overflow Archives Maps |

The bear, very uncharacteristically for its species, charges at Chewyy!

Charge Bite: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 2 = 25
Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Chewyy takes a nasty bite to the torso!

Round 1!
Amestri
Elle
Gwydion
Round 2
Gene
Chewyy (-8 hp)
Prudence

"Dire" Bear (Charged, -2 AC)

The whole party is up again before the bear!

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Scholar of Nethys 1 | HP 9/9 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMD 10 | Fort +4 Ref +3 Will +5 (+2 fear) | Init +2 | Perc +4

Gwydion winces as the bear takes a large bite out of Chewyy. He rushes forward to try to heal the dwarf but his short legs can only carry him so fast....

double move

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Chelish) 82376-19 Fighter 1 hp 13/13 | AC 16 | FF 15 | T 11 | CMD 16 | Fort +4 | Ref +1 | Will +2 | Init +3 | Perception +5 | Movement 20ft
Tracked Resources:

Ellie unlimbers her scythe and double moves up to provide potential flank, attempting to step lightly around the enraged bear but probably failing.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf, Monk 2 hp 22/22 | AC 19 | FF 15 | T 16 | CMD 20 (24 bull rush, trip | 22 grapple) | Fort +6 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +4 | Perception +9 (11 stonework) | Sense Motive +7 | Movement 20ft
Tracked Resources:
Stunning Fist 2/2, Wand of Cure Light wounds 45/50

Clutching his chest Chewy will 5 foot step and attempt a grapple.

Grapple, + 2 flank: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

The Exchange

Male half-Orc Rogue 1 hp 9/9 | AC 18 | FF 14 | T 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +1 | Ref +6 | Will +3 | Init +6 | Perception +6 | Sense Motive +6 | Movement 30ft | Darkvision 60ft |
Tracked Resources:
Wand of Cure Lt. 49/50, Reroll 1/1

Gene will move up to flank the bear provoking from movement

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 DMG: 1d4 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 2 + (2) = 6

The Exchange

Female Half-Elf (Keleshite), Bard /1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 15 (12 T, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1 CMD: 13 | F:+0 R:+4 W:+2 | Init +2 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft |
Tracked Resources:
Bardic Performance 7/7 | Sp Lv 1- 2/2 | Re-roll+2 1/1
| Active Conditions: none

"A bear there was, a bear, a bear!
all black and white, and covered with hair.
The bear! The bear!"

Amestri walks up and starts singing about the bear. Inspired Courage +1

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | House of Harmonious Wisdom (Core) Maps | | The Overflow Archives Maps |

Elle's movement does indeed provoke an attack from the bear...

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

But immediately after that, Chewyy is able to grapple it!

Even grappled, however, the bear is still dangerous, and lashes out at the person holding it!

Bite: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 5 - 2 = 17
Claw 1: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 5 - 2 = 14
Claw 2: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 - 2 = 7
Bite damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Chewyy is indeed chewed brutally, but otherwise avoids the bear's claws!

Round 2!
Amestri
Elle
Gwydion

Round 3
Gene
Chewyy (-17 hp, Grappled)
Prudence (on hold)

"Dire" Bear (Grappled)

The whole party is up!

The Exchange

Male half-Orc Rogue 1 hp 9/9 | AC 18 | FF 14 | T 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +1 | Ref +6 | Will +3 | Init +6 | Perception +6 | Sense Motive +6 | Movement 30ft | Darkvision 60ft |
Tracked Resources:
Wand of Cure Lt. 49/50, Reroll 1/1

Gene will attack then move to grab his second dagger.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 DMG: 1d4 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 2 + (3) = 6

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf, Monk 2 hp 22/22 | AC 19 | FF 15 | T 16 | CMD 20 (24 bull rush, trip | 22 grapple) | Fort +6 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +4 | Perception +9 (11 stonework) | Sense Motive +7 | Movement 20ft
Tracked Resources:
Stunning Fist 2/2, Wand of Cure Light wounds 45/50

Chewy grimaces and it looks like he might let go of his hold on the bear buts decides keep it up.

Maintain Grapple to pin, +1 inspire courage: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Fig 3/ Sor 6/ Sage 5

Saying a silent prayer of thanks for not getting mauled by the bear, Ellie swings her scythe carefully so as not to hit the dwarf by mistake.

Power Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Damage: 2d4 + 10 ⇒ (2, 2) + 10 = 14

The Exchange

Female Half-Elf (Keleshite), Bard /1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 15 (12 T, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1 CMD: 13 | F:+0 R:+4 W:+2 | Init +2 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft |
Tracked Resources:
Bardic Performance 7/7 | Sp Lv 1- 2/2 | Re-roll+2 1/1
| Active Conditions: none

"Oh come they said, oh come to the fair!
The fair? Said he, but I'm a bear!
All black and white, and covered with hair!"

Continuing Inspire Courage

Amestri will move up into the open spot and attempt to use the thin poking object that mostly seems to be useless in the past.

Attack (rapier) +2, IC +1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Damage 1d6+1 IC+1: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

The Exchange

Female Half-Elf (Keleshite), Bard /1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 15 (12 T, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1 CMD: 13 | F:+0 R:+4 W:+2 | Init +2 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft |
Tracked Resources:
Bardic Performance 7/7 | Sp Lv 1- 2/2 | Re-roll+2 1/1
| Active Conditions: none

For Mike:
... the tradition continues...is the flower pot next to Elle able to be picked up? And I don't know smashed on bear's head.

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Scholar of Nethys 1 | HP 9/9 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMD 10 | Fort +4 Ref +3 Will +5 (+2 fear) | Init +2 | Perc +4

Gwydion draws a wand from his belt and reaches around the hedge to tap Chewyy.

clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | House of Harmonious Wisdom (Core) Maps | | The Overflow Archives Maps |

Amestri:
Sure thing, just the normal -4 for an improvised weapon :P

Gene strikes the bear and stabs it deep as rivulets of blood run through its fur! Chewyy manages to hold on for dear life as Elle swings wide!

Amestri, however, manages to land a hit due to the bear being grappled, as Gwydion reaches out to heal Chewyy with his wand!

The bear, still fighting in a rage quite uncommon for pandas, lashes out at all three of the ones who hit or grappled it!

Bite vs Chewyy: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 5 - 2 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Claw vs Gene: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 - 2 = 7
Claw vs Amestri: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 5 - 2 = 18
Damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Round 3!
Amestri (-4 hp)
Elle
Gwydion

Round 4
Gene
Chewyy (-19 hp, Grappled)
Prudence (on hold...still there?)

"Dire" Bear (- 11 hp, Grappled)

The whole party is up!

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Scholar of Nethys 1 | HP 9/9 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMD 10 | Fort +4 Ref +3 Will +5 (+2 fear) | Init +2 | Perc +4

Gwydion keeps trying to keep Chewyy from falling unconscious...

clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Dark Archive

F Elf Wizard 1 AC:13 T:13 FF:10| HP 7/7 | Fort+2 Reflex+3 Will+3 | Init +3 | Perc +4 | Movement 30ft

Prudence will cast color spray angling to hit only the bear.

will save DC 15

The Exchange

Female Half-Elf (Keleshite), Bard /1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 15 (12 T, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1 CMD: 13 | F:+0 R:+4 W:+2 | Init +2 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft |
Tracked Resources:
Bardic Performance 7/7 | Sp Lv 1- 2/2 | Re-roll+2 1/1
| Active Conditions: none

Amestri looks down at the rapier for a second in wonderment. "That's what it's supposed to do!" She will attempt to make with poking it again!

Attack (rapier) +2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Damage 1d6+1: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | House of Harmonious Wisdom (Core) Maps | | The Overflow Archives Maps |

Your GM misread Chewyy's action.

Amestri and Chewyy take no damage. However, the bear would have tried to break the pin instead of attack, and with its first roll of 18, that would have been a CMB of 23, which I believe is enough to break the grapple. So as it stands now:

Bear with me will save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Round 3!
Elle
Round 4!
Gene
Chewyy (-1 hp)

"Dire" Bear (- 11 hp and glittery but not blind)
Amestri
Gwydion
Prudence

Amestri's attack missed, and Gwydion was able to almost cure Chewyy back to full health

Elle, Gene, and Chewyy are up!

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf, Monk 2 hp 22/22 | AC 19 | FF 15 | T 16 | CMD 20 (24 bull rush, trip | 22 grapple) | Fort +6 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +4 | Perception +9 (11 stonework) | Sense Motive +7 | Movement 20ft
Tracked Resources:
Stunning Fist 2/2, Wand of Cure Light wounds 45/50

Feeling upset the bear was able to get out of his hold Chewy will try again.

Grapple, +1 inspire: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Chelish) 82376-19 Fighter 1 hp 13/13 | AC 16 | FF 15 | T 11 | CMD 16 | Fort +4 | Ref +1 | Will +2 | Init +3 | Perception +5 | Movement 20ft
Tracked Resources:

Ellie, disappointed in herself that she cannot hit a damned bear while it's being held down for her, swings again with purpose.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Damage: 2d4 + 10 ⇒ (3, 2) + 10 = 15

The Exchange

Male half-Orc Rogue 1 hp 9/9 | AC 18 | FF 14 | T 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +1 | Ref +6 | Will +3 | Init +6 | Perception +6 | Sense Motive +6 | Movement 30ft | Darkvision 60ft |
Tracked Resources:
Wand of Cure Lt. 49/50, Reroll 1/1

Gene will take the opportunity and positioning to fully attack the bear

Main: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 DMG: 1d4 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 3 + (2) = 6
Off: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 DMG: 1d4 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 2 + (1) = 4

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | House of Harmonious Wisdom (Core) Maps | | The Overflow Archives Maps |

Chewyy is able to bear-hug the panda once more, and even though Gene's attacks get caught up in the bear's shaggy fur, Elle's scythe slices through the air, and takes the panda's head clean off, killing it!

Out of combat!

As the bear dies, a ghostly figure rises from its form. The figure is a scowling Tian-Shu man wearing ceremonial armor and holding a longbladed
sword in the style of Imperial Lung Wa. The figure gestures with the blade at you, as if trying to wave you away from this place, before dissipating into nothingness.

Current party damage:
Chewyy (-1 hp)

With the external threat of the bear removed, you may now enter and begin exploring the estate.

Much of the estate’s interior is simply a malodorous ruin bearing the hallmarks of having been a bear’s den for years. The rooms are scattered with shattered porcelain, ruined furniture, and torn remnants of banners and flags whose meanings have long since been consigned to history.

Survival DC 12:
You notice that the bear has largely avoided the southern (bottom-right) section of the estate.

Just inside the open front doors - A tattered rug adorns the floor of this short, forlorn hall. Pieces of a broken weapon rack lie on the floor in front of a statue of a stern Tian-Shu man wearing ceremonial armor and holding a long-bladed sword above his head. Doors lead out of this hall to the north, west (the way you came in), and south.

The statue is the same as the spectral figure that just appeared to you outside!

Knowledge History or Nobility DC 12:
The statue is of General Chiang Zhen, a stern man who was well connected with members of the Lung Wa dynasty, and one of the last living military leaders of Imperial Lung Wa.

The ball is now in your court, Pathfinders. What would you like to do now?

The Exchange

Male half-Orc Rogue 1 hp 9/9 | AC 18 | FF 14 | T 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +1 | Ref +6 | Will +3 | Init +6 | Perception +6 | Sense Motive +6 | Movement 30ft | Darkvision 60ft |
Tracked Resources:
Wand of Cure Lt. 49/50, Reroll 1/1

Gene takes a look around for any traps or oddities, not knowing exactly what to expect

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 +1 vs. traps
Survival: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Looks the the bear never went over there mentions gene pointing at the southern area of the house.

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | House of Harmonious Wisdom (Core) Maps | | The Overflow Archives Maps |

Gene:
You do not find any traps in the main hall. What's behind the north or south doors, however, is anyone's guess.

The Exchange

Female Half-Elf (Keleshite), Bard /1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 15 (12 T, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1 CMD: 13 | F:+0 R:+4 W:+2 | Init +2 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft |
Tracked Resources:
Bardic Performance 7/7 | Sp Lv 1- 2/2 | Re-roll+2 1/1
| Active Conditions: none

Knowledge(history): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Knowledge(nobility): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

Amestri will carefully walk in making sure not to step on anything that would possibly have some meaning or import. She'll step forward and take a look at the statue.

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | House of Harmonious Wisdom (Core) Maps | | The Overflow Archives Maps |

Amestri:
You do not find any traps in the main hall. What's behind the north or south doors, however, is anyone's guess.

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Chelish) 82376-19 Fighter 1 hp 13/13 | AC 16 | FF 15 | T 11 | CMD 16 | Fort +4 | Ref +1 | Will +2 | Init +3 | Perception +5 | Movement 20ft
Tracked Resources:

Ellie looks in the direction where Gene pointed and goes to investigate.

Survival: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | House of Harmonious Wisdom (Core) Maps | | The Overflow Archives Maps |

Elle sees nothing out of the ordinary, unless she wants to open the doors, that is! ;)

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf, Monk 2 hp 22/22 | AC 19 | FF 15 | T 16 | CMD 20 (24 bull rush, trip | 22 grapple) | Fort +6 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +4 | Perception +9 (11 stonework) | Sense Motive +7 | Movement 20ft
Tracked Resources:
Stunning Fist 2/2, Wand of Cure Light wounds 45/50

Chewy also steps up to look at the Statue. "Ya know this feller looks familiar...oh well how do we go about taking him back?"

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Scholar of Nethys 1 | HP 9/9 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMD 10 | Fort +4 Ref +3 Will +5 (+2 fear) | Init +2 | Perc +4

"Mighty fine bear lair," Gwydion quips.

"I must admit, I have not studied much history of the eastern countries." Gwydion mutters. "I can't place the significance of this statue nor the spectre we saw in the courtyard."

"Anyways, let's check the southern rooms and maybe something will come to light."

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | House of Harmonious Wisdom (Core) Maps | | The Overflow Archives Maps |

In an effort to keep things moving along...

You open the southern doors and begin looking around. Ahead of you is another statue of General Zhen, with two doors on either side of the short hallway. One lies broken and open, but the other has a heavy padlock on it!

Perception checks:
Gene: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Gwydion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Chewyy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Amestri: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Prudence: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Elle: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Gene and Chweyy immediately spot a magical trap on the statue itself! It is a variant Burning Hands trap that will go off if anyone moves in front of either door, and would reach five feet past the doors (area of effect marked on map). Gene thinks he could try and disable the magical sensor that sets the trap off...or if one of you felt lucky, you could try and intentionally set it off and duck out of the way of the worst of the blast.

Disable Device vs a magical trap, or a Reflex save - your choice!

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Half-Elf (Keleshite), Bard /1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 15 (12 T, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1 CMD: 13 | F:+0 R:+4 W:+2 | Init +2 | Perc: +9, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft |
Tracked Resources:
Bardic Performance 7/7 | Sp Lv 1- 2/2 | Re-roll+2 1/1
| Active Conditions: none

"General Chiang Zhen, was the last living military leader of the Imperial Lung Wa. It would seem perhaps that he retired here and then possibly became a protector spirit when he passed on. It would make sense if there have been looters... to discourage them from distrubing this place."

Amestri looks around as she's talking careful not to move into the trapped area.

"It would seem perhaps it no longer needs 'protecting' here but moved on to be protected. A shame we couldn't let him know that would be the case."

1 to 50 of 125 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Dire GM's [PFS Core] #8-16: House of Harmonious Wisdom (PbP Gameday VI) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.