Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

The Dire GM's [PFS] #6-15: The Overflow Archives (PbP Gameday VI)

Game Master CanisDirus

PFS PbP: #6-15 - The Overflow Archives (Subtier 4-5)

GM Notes:
Perception
[dice=Chiguya]1d20 + 7[/dice
[dice=Desini]1d20 + 7[/dice
[dice=Diana]1d20 + 4[/dice
[dice=Nijena]1d20 + 5[/dice
[dice=Oma]1d20 + 12[/dice
[dice=S'Slarn]1d20 + 13[/dice

Initiative
[dice=Chiguya]1d20 + 4[/dice
[dice=Desini]1d20 + 8[/dice
[dice=Diana]1d20 + 3[/dice
[dice=Nijena]1d20 + 2[/dice
[dice=Oma]1d20 + 8[/dice
[dice=S'Slarn]1d20 + 2[/dice

The Overflow Archives Maps

My "Parent" Lodge - The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge - where you can find a TON of resources about playing PFS PbP!


51 to 100 of 108 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Tengu Bard 2 | Bardic Performance: 9/9 rounds | Active Spells: None | | HP: 16/16 | Current AC: 16 (T 12 FF 14) | CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +5, W: +3 (+4 vs Sonic/Language/Bardic) | Init: +4 | Perc +7 (Low-Light) |

Chi gives Desini and Oma a grateful nod and looks to Nijena.

"Sylvan indeed. Iii am grateful to have learned it during my early travels. I'm hoping our combiiined efforts will grant much-needed information." He returns his gaze to Mistress Koi and waits for a response before asking anything more of her.

Silver Crusade

Female
Stats:
AC 19 T 13 FF 16 | HP 32/32 | F+7 R+7 W+8 | Init+3 | Perc+4 (Darkvision)
Aasimar Paladin (Divine Hunter) 4

Diana relaxes a little but still eyes the fish like creature wearily.

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | House of Harmonious Wisdom (Core) Maps | | The Overflow Archives Maps |

Even though at first it seemed like Chiguya's words might not have been enough to get Mistress Koi to be overly forthcoming in terms of information (rather than just more water), Desini's attempt at being friendly pays off, and the Grodair makes fishy-kissy faces and noises back playfully, her voice taking on a more motherly/matronly tone as she speaks (still in Sylvan, but since Chiguya and Nijena can translate...)

"Right! The Scroll! In ancient times, Fey riddlers created the scroll, to capture and punish...Whatsisname - that dreadful, haughty fox, after he insulted the Fey during a riddling contest! They called the scroll 'The Name of the Fox'."

She blinks a few times after that, then seemingly suddenly remembers she was telling you a story, and her red eyes well up a bit with salt water which gushes onto the floor and slowly starts making its way towards the railing and down to the level below.

"Oh, Right! The Scroll! The fox used some fiendishly clever magical ruse, and he escaped the scroll and dragged me and the bird-men and others here too! But! I don't think he can swim! So I plan to flood this whole place until only this top area has air! That way I know he'll have to come back, and I can try re-capture him!" She nods excitedly at this prospect!

Sorry for the slight delay in posting, your GM isn't feeling so well this week and just tried to "sleep it off" for the last ~16 hours or so

Scarab Sages

Tengu Bolt Ace 3|AC:18,F:12,T:15|22/22HP|Grit:0/3|Init+8|F+4,R+8,W+5|PER+12, KnDung+9, KnLocal+8, KnEng+6, Ling+9, Craft Calli+9|

"Hmmm, interesting. However, please stop flooding, we can't breath without air. We can go and re-capture the fox for you!"

Diplomacy: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (19) - 2 = 17

Silver Crusade

Female
Stats:
AC 19 T 13 FF 16 | HP 32/32 | F+7 R+7 W+8 | Init+3 | Perc+4 (Darkvision)
Aasimar Paladin (Divine Hunter) 4

"Unfortunately if the fox is down there you're only making it harder for us to capture it. If you will stop this flooding we will recover the fox, one way or another."
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | House of Harmonious Wisdom (Core) Maps | | The Overflow Archives Maps |

Nice rolls, you two!

"Oh...I forgot that foxes and you folk need air to breathe...sorry... How about this! If you can bring me all the pieces of the scroll that Whatsisname broke when he escaped *and* the fox! I think I can re-do the magic! I promise I'll stop dripping water down if you'll do this for me. I'll even suck all the water back up when we get him, too!" She bobs her head excitedly, the tears and leaking water ceasing!

Dark Archive

Female Human Sorcerer - Serpentine Bloodline (Tattoed Sorcerer) Level 5 HP: 30/30| AC: 16 | T: 13 | FF: 14 | CMD: 13| Fort: +2 | Ref: +4| Will: +5 | Init: +8 | Perc: +7 | Sense Motive: +7

Desini sighs in relief as the creature agrees to stop flooding the archives. "Nicely done! Shall we quickly search up here before we head back downstairs?"

With imminent danger seeming to have dissipated for now, the sorceress runs the fingers of one hand down the length of the serpentine tattoo weaved around her other arm. "Sssevessstra!" she croons as the ink comes alive in the form of a bright green viper which lovingly wraps around her shoulders and neck.

She then performs a once over of the room and its shelves in case there is anything needing saving up here, a piece of the scroll or anything else of notable interest.

Perception (take 20): 20 + 7 = 27

Scarab Sages

Tengu Bolt Ace 3|AC:18,F:12,T:15|22/22HP|Grit:0/3|Init+8|F+4,R+8,W+5|PER+12, KnDung+9, KnLocal+8, KnEng+6, Ling+9, Craft Calli+9|
The Dire GM wrote:

Nice rolls, you two!

"Oh...I forgot that foxes and you folk need air to breathe...sorry... How about this! If you can bring me all the pieces of the scroll that Whatsisname broke when he escaped *and* the fox! I think I can re-do the magic! I promise I'll stop dripping water down if you'll do this for me. I'll even suck all the water back up when we get him, too!" She bobs her head excitedly, the tears and leaking water ceasing!

"Thank you." Oma turns to the group "Well, one problem solved, lets see if we can go and get us a little fox!"

Silver Crusade

Female
Stats:
AC 19 T 13 FF 16 | HP 32/32 | F+7 R+7 W+8 | Init+3 | Perc+4 (Darkvision)
Aasimar Paladin (Divine Hunter) 4

"And so a hunt begins" Diana grins.
Perhaps tonight won't be a total loss...

Dark Archive

Tengu Bard 2 | Bardic Performance: 9/9 rounds | Active Spells: None | | HP: 16/16 | Current AC: 16 (T 12 FF 14) | CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +5, W: +3 (+4 vs Sonic/Language/Bardic) | Init: +4 | Perc +7 (Low-Light) |

Chi bows in thanks to Mistress Koi before turning away and heading for the stairs. "Riddles we followed, nooow a riddler we seek. 'Dooog-cat,' heh"

Scarab Sages

Tengu Bolt Ace 3|AC:18,F:12,T:15|22/22HP|Grit:0/3|Init+8|F+4,R+8,W+5|PER+12, KnDung+9, KnLocal+8, KnEng+6, Ling+9, Craft Calli+9|

"So, lets head down and see what we can see." Oma waits for everyone, then heads down the stairs as a group.

Silver Crusade

Female
Stats:
AC 19 T 13 FF 16 | HP 32/32 | F+7 R+7 W+8 | Init+3 | Perc+4 (Darkvision)
Aasimar Paladin (Divine Hunter) 4

Diana happily leads the way back down the stairs.

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | House of Harmonious Wisdom (Core) Maps | | The Overflow Archives Maps |

You proceed down to the Understacks, which all have 10 ft tall ceilings of (relatively) solid masonry unless otherwise noted. There are no lights within, requiring you to provide your own. All watery squares on the map are shallow bog (difficult terrain for medium creatures) unless otherwise noted. A DC 5 Climb or Acrobatics check will get you on top of a bookshelf, which is "normal" terrain. All pillars are floor-to-ceiling.

Flooding from the library above has turned this storage chamber into a treacherous bog. Rising above the black lake, the flat tops of many rows of shelves create a makeshift maze of causeways. The spiral staircase you used to descend from above stands near the southern end, a deluge of water cascading down the steps with regular new additions coming from the balcony far above. Four narrow corridors channel rivers of seawater off into the darkness.

The watery squares in the central "oval" area of the map are to be considered deep bog (each square "costs" 4 squares of movement). If you get on top of the bookshelves, you can easily move at half speed. To move at full speed, you'll need to make a DC 5 Acrobatics check or slip and fall prone.

The map has been updated and posted! Once a light source is provided, more will be revealed!

Scarab Sages

Tengu Bolt Ace 3|AC:18,F:12,T:15|22/22HP|Grit:0/3|Init+8|F+4,R+8,W+5|PER+12, KnDung+9, KnLocal+8, KnEng+6, Ling+9, Craft Calli+9|

Oma, seeing the lack of light, breaks out her helmet candle holder, and a candle. She lights it, and places it on her head to give her greater light visibility.

Silver Crusade

Female
Stats:
AC 19 T 13 FF 16 | HP 32/32 | F+7 R+7 W+8 | Init+3 | Perc+4 (Darkvision)
Aasimar Paladin (Divine Hunter) 4

Diana pulls out her Ioun Torch and lets the small object float around her head. She gives Oma a wink while the Tengu lights the helmet candle.

Scarab Sages

Tengu Bolt Ace 3|AC:18,F:12,T:15|22/22HP|Grit:0/3|Init+8|F+4,R+8,W+5|PER+12, KnDung+9, KnLocal+8, KnEng+6, Ling+9, Craft Calli+9|
Diana Seraphina wrote:
Diana pulls out her Ioun Torch and lets the small object float around her head. She gives Oma a wink while the Tengu lights the helmet candle.

"I don't know where you got that, but I want one. It sure beats having a candle mounted on my head, and I don't have to worry about wax dripping in my eyes!"

Dark Archive

Female Human Sorcerer - Serpentine Bloodline (Tattoed Sorcerer) Level 5 HP: 30/30| AC: 16 | T: 13 | FF: 14 | CMD: 13| Fort: +2 | Ref: +4| Will: +5 | Init: +8 | Perc: +7 | Sense Motive: +7

Just to confirm there was nothing to be found upstairs in the room with the fish from Desini's perception check?

Desini also looks appreciatively at Diana's ioun stone. "Yesss, very nice. I never know what to get at the shopsss." Desini then pads down her rather small pockets on her skimpy clothing and comes up empty-handed. "If we decide to sssplit up, I might need to borrow a light"

Feeling a little more threatened down here in the dark, the sorceress' familiar slithers back onto her arm and dissolves into her flesh as ink once again.

Silver Crusade

Female Aasimar Paladin 4 HP 39/40; AC 20; TCH 12; FF 18; F +8; R +7; W +9; CMB+6; CMD 18; Speed 30FT (20FT in armor); Init +2; Perception +5

Nijena uses her wayfinder's light. "I think it's not a good idea to split up. Who knows what's hiding down here."

Scarab Sages

Tengu Bolt Ace 3|AC:18,F:12,T:15|22/22HP|Grit:0/3|Init+8|F+4,R+8,W+5|PER+12, KnDung+9, KnLocal+8, KnEng+6, Ling+9, Craft Calli+9|
Nijena Tajar wrote:
Nijena uses her wayfinder's light. "I think it's not a good idea to split up. Who knows what's hiding down here."

"I'll agree with you there. But, I'm not about to lead. Not my forte. Diana and her wonderful stone, she might make a good lead from the front...."

Dark Archive

Tengu Bard 2 | Bardic Performance: 9/9 rounds | Active Spells: None | | HP: 16/16 | Current AC: 16 (T 12 FF 14) | CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +5, W: +3 (+4 vs Sonic/Language/Bardic) | Init: +4 | Perc +7 (Low-Light) |

Chi casts dancing lights to even out the illumination, but shivers and holds his kalimba closer as he eyes the water.
"This library is nooot one I will enjoy." A wary gurgle growl escapes him as he looks around.
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Silver Crusade

Female
Stats:
AC 19 T 13 FF 16 | HP 32/32 | F+7 R+7 W+8 | Init+3 | Perc+4 (Darkvision)
Aasimar Paladin (Divine Hunter) 4

Diana nocks an arrow and begins to systematically search this level starting with the north.
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Scarab Sages

Tengu Bolt Ace 3|AC:18,F:12,T:15|22/22HP|Grit:0/3|Init+8|F+4,R+8,W+5|PER+12, KnDung+9, KnLocal+8, KnEng+6, Ling+9, Craft Calli+9|

After commenting to Diana, Oma joins the looking around as well.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32

Sczarni

Nagaji Druid (Naga Aspirant) 4 / Monk 1 | hp 24/37 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | Init +2 | Perception +13

S'Slarn follows his friends into the room, wary of danger.
Perception aid: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | House of Harmonious Wisdom (Core) Maps | | The Overflow Archives Maps |

Oma and S'Slarn can easily tell through hearing that Mistress Koi is still spilling water in a regular deluge from up far above, but that is not your immediate concern!

As soon as lights emerges from your group, a tiny, Iridescent serpent slithers through the empty space to the north of you, the air around it distorting as if from heat. It swiftly flies in, calling out loudly:

"Тэр тэр! Намайг барихгүй байна! Харин оронд нь идээрэй!"

Sylvan:
"He he he! Can't catch me! Eat these instead!"

It zooms into view and past Chiguya, ending its movement behind him. Just as quickly, an oversized Vulture with bits of skin dripping off of it croaks loudly as it flaps desiccated wings in pursuit, clearly seeing you lot as hiding its intended prey!

Combat! Map is ready!

Initiative:

Chiguya: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Desini: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Diana: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Nijena: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Oma: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
S'Slarn: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
The Worm: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
The Bird: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Round 1!
Oma
Desini
Nijena

The Worm
The Bird

Diana
Chiguya
S'Slarn
Round 2

Oma, Desini, and Nijena are up!
(I will post Knowledge DCs in a minute or two)

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | House of Harmonious Wisdom (Core) Maps | | The Overflow Archives Maps |

So...even though I thought I took my usual precautions against such a thing happening, the Paizo site "ate" my post with the knowledges...of the which each of the two things I had written four fully formatted, spoilered , and story-enhanced things for. Since I don't feel like doing that again, I'll just do this:

The Worm - Knowledge Planes DC 7 - THIS link. DC 7 gives creature name and everything above "defense" for free. DCs 7, 12, and 17 each give info from one "category" - Strong/Weak Saves, Defensive Abilities, Immunities & Resistances, Spell-Like Abilities, Special Qualities, and Special Abilities. If you get a 21+, you get the whole stat block.

The Bird - Knowledge Religion -

DC 10:
It is a giant vulture juju zombie with a 10ft reach but without the normal "disease" special attack of a normal juju zombie.

DC 15:
Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, scent;
Strong save: Will, Weak save: Fort. Channel Resistance +4

DC 20:
DR 5/magic and slashing; Immune cold, electricity, magic missile, undead traits; Resist fire 10

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Sorcerer - Serpentine Bloodline (Tattoed Sorcerer) Level 5 HP: 30/30| AC: 16 | T: 13 | FF: 14 | CMD: 13| Fort: +2 | Ref: +4| Will: +5 | Init: +8 | Perc: +7 | Sense Motive: +7

"Awww, isssn't it it cute!" Desini coos at the sight of the beautiful little serpent. As her eyes turn towards the sound of the croak and flapping wings, however, her pleasure at the sight of the snake is quickly replaced with disgust. "Arrgh, isn't that grossss!"

She immediately flicks her hand in the direction of the rotting vulture, sending three magical darts towards it.

Magic Missile (x3) Damage:: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 4, 4) + 3 = 12

Scarab Sages

Tengu Bolt Ace 3|AC:18,F:12,T:15|22/22HP|Grit:0/3|Init+8|F+4,R+8,W+5|PER+12, KnDung+9, KnLocal+8, KnEng+6, Ling+9, Craft Calli+9|

As Oma sizes up the Serpent, he readies his crossbow for an attack.

Crossbow: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Crossbow Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 CONFIRMED
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

"Got ya!"

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | House of Harmonious Wisdom (Core) Maps | | The Overflow Archives Maps |

Desini's magic missiles fly forth towards The Bird, but splinter and crack into nothingness - they have no effect on it!

Oma, meanwhile, hits The Worm, but the creature's anatomy doesn't seem to be susceptible to precision strikes like that!

I'm putting Nijena on hold for the moment, so she's not flat footed but I can at least post before I go to bed and then run 3 PFS/SFS games in the next 36 hours in person heh :)

The Worm even seems to heal a bit of the damage it took from the crossbow bolt as it giggles madly in Sylvan and its native/racial language at the same time (which knowledge checks can reveal...remember that you can make knowledge checks untrained for things that have a DC 10 or less result).

The Worm slithers forward towards Desini with what appears to be a smile...but then it suddenly tries to slap her with its tail!

(I don't think I saw Desini with a melee weapon in-hand, but if she did, she can take an AoO against The Worm. Likewise for Chiguya if he has Combat Reflexes and a melee weapon in-hand)

Tail Slap Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3 (B)

Desini - DC 14 Will Save or else...:
Confusion for 1 Round. This is a mind-affecting effect.

Meanwhile, The Bird flaps its holed wings and advances to try and bite Nijena!

Bite Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 (P/B/S)

Round 1!
Nijena (-13 hp)
Diana
Chiguya
S'Slarn
Round 2
Oma
Desini (-3 hp)

The Worm (-5 hp)
The Bird

The whole party is up before The Bird and The Worm go again! It is clear now that both are hostile!

Scarab Sages

Tengu Bolt Ace 3|AC:18,F:12,T:15|22/22HP|Grit:0/3|Init+8|F+4,R+8,W+5|PER+12, KnDung+9, KnLocal+8, KnEng+6, Ling+9, Craft Calli+9|

Oma quickly reloads her crossbow for another shot at the worm.

Crossbow: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 1 = 14 Forgot my Point Blank Shot Last time
Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 = 6

Dark Archive

Female Human Sorcerer - Serpentine Bloodline (Tattoed Sorcerer) Level 5 HP: 30/30| AC: 16 | T: 13 | FF: 14 | CMD: 13| Fort: +2 | Ref: +4| Will: +5 | Init: +8 | Perc: +7 | Sense Motive: +7

Know. Planes:: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Know. Religion:: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

WILL: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

"OUCH!" Desini looks down in shock and anger as the little serpent-like thing slaps her. "Why you little..." Stepping back, she sends her magic missiles at the snake thing instead.

Magic Missile (x3) Damage: : 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 3, 2) + 3 = 10

Silver Crusade

Female
Stats:
AC 19 T 13 FF 16 | HP 32/32 | F+7 R+7 W+8 | Init+3 | Perc+4 (Darkvision)
Aasimar Paladin (Divine Hunter) 4

Diana lets two arrows fly in quick succession at the worm.

Longbow: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 1 = 26 dmg: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7
Longbow: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 1 = 12 dmg: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5

Shared Precision (Su): when a divine hunter hits a creature with a ranged attack, she grants her allies within 10 feet of her the benefit of the Precise Shot feat against that target until the start of her next turn.

Knowledge (planes): 1d20 ⇒ 20
Knowledge(Religion): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

A void Worm and Zombie! She shouts. Cut the bird down!

Sczarni

Nagaji Druid (Naga Aspirant) 4 / Monk 1 | hp 24/37 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | Init +2 | Perception +13

S'Slarn smiles a snake-like smile, excited to have things to crush.
He moves over to the "worm" and attempts to grapple and strangle it.

flurry of maneuvers grapple: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19
unarmed strike, (likely grappling): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 plus bleed: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | House of Harmonious Wisdom (Core) Maps | | The Overflow Archives Maps |

Oma's shot at the worm misses, but Desini's magic missiles find their mark this time! Diana turns and fires at the worm, but this provokes an attack of opportunity from the bird...

Bite: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
...which she avoids!

Her first arrow hits the worm right in the head and injures it quite grievously, but it still seems to be barely conscious, though staggered and disabled!

S'Slarn's hands are swift and close around the worm's body, but he finds that he can't hold on to it or impede its movement! The follow-up strike is a miss.

Chiguya (botted by request) will begin to Inspire Courage on you all, giving a +1 morale bonus on saves vs charm and fear and a +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls.

Nijena (botted) will draw her longsword and swing it at the bird!

Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 1 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5
...her sword, however, doesn't appear to do any damage!

On the worm's turn (or as the worm turns, heh), it seems to heal a little bit of the damage it had taken, and it will attempt an Acrobatics check to move into S'Slarn's space to attack him!

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
Tail Slap Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3 (B)

S'Slarn DC 14 Will Save or else...:
Confusion for 1 round.

S'Slarn's AoO: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 1 = 16 (Miss)

The bird, seeing all of you as obstacles in its path to the worm, will try to bite Diana and slam Nijena!

Bite: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
Slam: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Bite Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 (P/B/S)

Round 2!
Nijena (-13 hp)
Diana (-12 hp)
Chiguya
S'Slarn (-3 hp)

Round 3!
Oma
Desini (-3 hp)

The Worm (-20 hp)
The Bird

The whole party is up!

Scarab Sages

Tengu Bolt Ace 3|AC:18,F:12,T:15|22/22HP|Grit:0/3|Init+8|F+4,R+8,W+5|PER+12, KnDung+9, KnLocal+8, KnEng+6, Ling+9, Craft Calli+9|

Oma, once again takes his time to carefully reload his crossbow, aim at the worm, and fires....

Crossbow: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 1 = 26 Potential -4 for a total of 22 if friendly get into melee
Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 = 6

And from his appearance it seems to hit the worm.

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | House of Harmonious Wisdom (Core) Maps | | The Overflow Archives Maps |

Even with allies affecting his aim, Oma hits the Voidworm right between the eyes and it drops into the water, no longer moving.

Dark Archive

Female Human Sorcerer - Serpentine Bloodline (Tattoed Sorcerer) Level 5 HP: 30/30| AC: 16 | T: 13 | FF: 14 | CMD: 13| Fort: +2 | Ref: +4| Will: +5 | Init: +8 | Perc: +7 | Sense Motive: +7

Fearing that the group, least of all herself, aren't doing much harm to the undead vulture, Desini starts to wade around the bookshelves away from the zombiefied horror. "Maybe if we get out of its way, this thing will be happy eat the worm that it wanted...if it doesn't mind that it's already dead now?"

Each square costs 20' movement, right? So maximum 3 squares with a double move?

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | House of Harmonious Wisdom (Core) Maps | | The Overflow Archives Maps |

Correct about the movement, though by looking at the vulture you get the sense that with combat having begun, it's not going to just ignore you and go after the worm any more!

Sczarni

Nagaji Druid (Naga Aspirant) 4 / Monk 1 | hp 24/37 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | Init +2 | Perception +13

Will 14: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 S'Slarn shakes off the worm's effects, and switches tactics, instead simply aiming at the creature with an unarmed strike.
unarmed: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 plus bleed: 1d4 ⇒ 4 but likely misses again.

I think I'm gonna have to go after the undead bird instead next turn...

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | House of Harmonious Wisdom (Core) Maps | | The Overflow Archives Maps |

(S'Slarn - Oma knocked the worm unconscious, so if you want to change your actions this round, you can)

Silver Crusade

Female
Stats:
AC 19 T 13 FF 16 | HP 32/32 | F+7 R+7 W+8 | Init+3 | Perc+4 (Darkvision)
Aasimar Paladin (Divine Hunter) 4

Diana drops her bow and mutters a prayer under her breath as she steels herself for the unpleasant task of dispatching the undead bird.

Lay on hands: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5 "Let the Spirit of Abandon flow through me, bless this blade end this abomination." ...And gods protect me im not cut out for fighting up close like this!

She draws her sword as she steps forward, fear leaving her brow furrowed and hands slightly shaking. She swings cautiously. figting defensively w/cold iron longsword : 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 7 - 4 = 11 +2 dodge bonus to AC

At 25HP with AC 21

Sczarni

Nagaji Druid (Naga Aspirant) 4 / Monk 1 | hp 24/37 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | Init +2 | Perception +13

Ah yes, then S'slarn would have turned his attacks on the bird. Use the same rolls this time, he would move over to it and punch it. Next round we'll see how hard it is to grapple a bird. LOL

Scarab Sages

Tengu Bolt Ace 3|AC:18,F:12,T:15|22/22HP|Grit:0/3|Init+8|F+4,R+8,W+5|PER+12, KnDung+9, KnLocal+8, KnEng+6, Ling+9, Craft Calli+9|

"The worm is down" Oma yells to the group, "Shift your focus to the bird and lets end it as well, and just as quickly!"

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | House of Harmonious Wisdom (Core) Maps | | The Overflow Archives Maps |

S'Slarn would have to make two Acrobatics checks to get up to the bird. The first one is to avoid an attack of opportunity from movement:
S'Slarn Acrobatics 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

The second to get on top of the shelves he can only fail on a natural 1:
S'Slarn Acrobatics 2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

*whistles* lucky those weren't my attacks, eh?

Ducking and weaving, S'Slarn is able to get up to the giant vulture, but does in fact miss it with his unarmed strike, as does Diana.

Nijena (botting again but will try to message her to see if she is still with us?) will decide to smite evil against this undead beast and will again attack with her longsword!

Longsword: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 1 + 3 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 + 8 = 14
...Smiting the zombie vulture was decidedly the right call, as her blade now cuts through it with absolutely no resistance!

Chiguya (still botted by request on her trip back from Canada) maintains her Inspire Courage bardic performance as she draws then fires her crossbow at the bird!

Crossbow: 1d20 + 3 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 1 - 4 = 8
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
...but misses! She will then reload.

Anyone who wants to make a DC 15 Perception check:
Will notice that, while still unconscious, the Voidworm's wounds are slowly healing, and in maybe 2-3 rounds it might regain consciousness!

The vulture roars and croaks with anger at being struck, and it lashes out at Nijena and at S'Slarn (who came the closest to hitting it after Nijena)!

Bite at Nijena: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
Slam at S'Slarn: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Slam Damage: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Round 3!
Nijena (-13 hp)
Diana (-7 hp)
Chiguya
S'Slarn (-13 hp)

Round 4!
Oma
Desini (-3 hp)

The Worm (KO)
The Bird (-14 hp)

The whole party is up!

Scarab Sages

Tengu Bolt Ace 3|AC:18,F:12,T:15|22/22HP|Grit:0/3|Init+8|F+4,R+8,W+5|PER+12, KnDung+9, KnLocal+8, KnEng+6, Ling+9, Craft Calli+9|

Looking around to gather his bearings in this flooded environment, Oma surveys his surroundings.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

Noting that he dropped the worm, Oma reloads his crossbow once again. He doesn't shift his aim to the bird, as he notices that the worm is starting to heal, so he has to kill it, not just drop it.

Crossbow: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 1 - 4 = 11
Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 = 8

"Hey, the worm is healing, we just dropped it, we didn't kill it. Hurry up with that bird!"

Dark Archive

Female Human Sorcerer - Serpentine Bloodline (Tattoed Sorcerer) Level 5 HP: 30/30| AC: 16 | T: 13 | FF: 14 | CMD: 13| Fort: +2 | Ref: +4| Will: +5 | Init: +8 | Perc: +7 | Sense Motive: +7

"Oh great, the 'worm' will be back? He wasss sssuch a little charmer. I missssed him!" Desini hisses sarcastically.

Grabbing a handful of ground dust, she spits out the words to a spell as she throws it up in the air towards the flying zombie, causing a shower of golden particles to rain down upon it. "Non vedu piu!"

Glitterdust (DC18) so as to catch the bird only.

"Thisss thing'ss ssso ugly, I'd almossst rather do thisss to myssself but let'sss hope thisss sssticksss."

Sczarni

Nagaji Druid (Naga Aspirant) 4 / Monk 1 | hp 24/37 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | Init +2 | Perception +13

After having a chunk of flesh taken out by the vicious bite of the undead vulture, S'Slarn quickly attempts to grapple and pound it back to death.

grapple flurry: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36 HA!
unarmed flurry: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 DOUBLE HA!
crit?: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 I'll assume it's immune to bleed damage.
crit damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Silver Crusade

Female
Stats:
AC 19 T 13 FF 16 | HP 32/32 | F+7 R+7 W+8 | Init+3 | Perc+4 (Darkvision)
Aasimar Paladin (Divine Hunter) 4

Diana hesitates, reluctantly readying herself to cut into the rotten bird. Delays till after Desini

Arshea, if there's any way I don't have to cut into this filth let it happen....

Assuming its still standing
"Ugh!" She closes her eyes trusting in the devine to guide her blade as she swings. Smite Evil Longseord: 1d20 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 3 = 20 Dmg: 1d8 + 2 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 8 = 11

Silver Crusade

Female Aasimar Paladin 4 HP 39/40; AC 20; TCH 12; FF 18; F +8; R +7; W +9; CMB+6; CMD 18; Speed 30FT (20FT in armor); Init +2; Perception +5

Nijena takes a 5 ft. step forward and tries to hit the big bird with her longsword again. not sure if it has partial cover from where Nijena attacks

Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 1 + 3 = 19 incl. smite + bard
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 4 = 12 just in case...

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | House of Harmonious Wisdom (Core) Maps | | The Overflow Archives Maps |

Oma turns and pops a bolt into the Voidworm, who dissipates into extraplanar mist as it dies!

Bird will save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

The bird squawks in surprise as a burst of glittery color blinds it following Desini's spell!

S'Slarn is able to grab onto the vulture, and because of its blindness is able to land a critical hit on it as well!

Both Diana and Nijena lay their holy smiting power into their blades, and between all of you, the giant juju zombie vulture is cut into ribbons and destroyed!

Out of combat!

Current party damage:
Nijena (-13 hp)
S'Slarn (-13 hp)
Diana (-7 hp)
Desini (-3 hp)
Oma
Chiguya

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | House of Harmonious Wisdom (Core) Maps | | The Overflow Archives Maps |

With the fight over, you have time to tend your wounds (out of combat you can take the average when using curative wands, so CLW would be 5/charge and CMW would be 12/charge).

Even though water continues to cascade down from Mistress Koi's balcony, it will take some time before this level floods completely.

Several waterproof brass tubes float in the water nearby (Perception or Appraise to see if any of them are worth salvaging), and as the map shows, there are four passages that branch out from the main understacks area where you fought the worm and the bird.

51 to 100 of 108 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Dire GM's [PFS] #6-15: The Overflow Archives (PbP Gameday VI) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.