Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

The Dire GM's [PFS] #6-15: The Overflow Archives (PbP Gameday VI) (Inactive)

Game Master CanisDirus

PFS PbP: #6-15 - The Overflow Archives (Subtier 4-5)

GM Notes:
Perception
[dice=Chiguya]1d20 + 7[/dice
[dice=Desini]1d20 + 7[/dice
[dice=Diana]1d20 + 4[/dice
[dice=Nijena]1d20 + 5[/dice
[dice=Oma]1d20 + 12[/dice
[dice=S'Slarn]1d20 + 13[/dice

Initiative
[dice=Chiguya]1d20 + 4[/dice
[dice=Desini]1d20 + 8[/dice
[dice=Diana]1d20 + 3[/dice
[dice=Nijena]1d20 + 2[/dice
[dice=Oma]1d20 + 8[/dice
[dice=S'Slarn]1d20 + 2[/dice

The Overflow Archives Maps

My "Parent" Lodge - The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge - where you can find a TON of resources about playing PFS PbP!


1 to 50 of 207 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | House of Harmonious Wisdom (Core) Maps | | The Overflow Archives Maps |

This is the gameplay thread for #6-15: The Overflow Archives (Tier 1-5) as part of Play-by-Post Gameday VI). Feel free to "dot and delete" if you are part of the game, and look for us to begin on August 25th, 2017!

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | House of Harmonious Wisdom (Core) Maps | | The Overflow Archives Maps |

“I have no love of puns,” announces a peeved Kreighton Shaine, the Master of Scrolls in the Grand Lodge, “Yet it cannot go unremarked that the Overflow Archives have begun living up to their name.” The pale elf gestures across the library’s stone lobby toward a pair of shut double doors from beneath which water steadily seeps. He is only one of the midnight visitors bearing witness to this disaster. Next to Shaine, Paracountess Zarta Dralneen stands with folded arms, glaring at an initiate whose hair and clothes are utterly drenched. All three speak at once, but Shaine’s shrill voice rises above the din. “Magical shenanigans in the archives are prohibited, especially this soon before the Grand Convocation!”

“Let us prioritize,” Dralneen suggests. “Are the artifacts within the vaults in danger?”

“How should I know?” Shaine barks back. “This delinquent initiate—what was the name? Wormell?”

“Virml, sir,” replies the sodden Pathfinder.

“Virml says he sneaked into the archives on a dare,” summarizes Shaine, painfully emphasizing the initiate’s name with scolding disdain. “Presumably, he thought the holdings would be harmless. Instead, in his naivete, Virml triggered some dormant curse or other. So, yes, thanks to Virml here, the archives and the vaults below continue to flood, threatening all the books therein.”

Miserably, Virml holds up an armload of soggy manuscripts. “I salvaged a few, sir.”

Sighing, Shaine leads Virml towards the stairs. “Take them up to the scriptorium. Start making dry copies.” Then, turning to survey the rest of the room, he continues issuing orders to your team. “The remainder of you should wade in there and plumb the origins of this deluge. Stop it, if you can. I must report this debacle to my colleagues and begin organizing the cleanup.” Abruptly, he seems to notice the paracountess as if for the first time. “What are you doing here, Dralneen?”

Zarta smirks and shrugs. “Unlike you, Shaine, I love a good pun.”

Shaking his head a bit, Shaine looks over your team. "Oh...and it seems I forgot my clipboard where I jotted down who I summoned to mop up this...you can stop smirking anytime, Zarta! ...Now, who do we have here, hm?"

You may now introduce yourselves to Shaine, Dralneen, and each other, as well as ask any questions you need to about your assignment!

Scarab Sages

Tengu Bolt Ace 3|AC:20,F:15,T:15|22/22HP|Grit:0/3|Init+8|F+4,R+8,W+5|PER+12, KnDung+9, KnLocal+8, KnEng+6, Ling+9, Craft Calli+9|

"Hello, I am Oma, and this here is is my pride and joy." Oma pats his crossbow with love. "Do you have a map of the Archives? Or knowledge of any other curses? Or anything more about this curse?"

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tengu Bard 2 | Bardic Performance: 9/9 rounds | Active Spells: None | | HP: 16/16 | Current AC: 16 (T 12 FF 14) | CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +5, W: +3 (+4 vs Sonic/Language/Bardic) | Init: +4 | Perc +7 (Low-Light) |

"Iii am Chi." Chiguya makes a quick bobbing bow to Shaine and Dralneen with head tilted to one side, then tilts his head to the other side and repeats the gesture toward the team. He makes a musical gum gum sound while looking at Oma. "At your seeervice. May we question the wet scrap before he leaves? Weee do not wish to recreate his actions."

Sczarni

Nagaji Druid (Naga Aspirant) 4 / Monk 1 | hp 24/37 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | Init +2 | Perception +13

"Greetings friendsss. I am S'slarn... I look forward to working with all of you. Now, you mentioned a dormant curssse? Do you know the nature of thisss curse?"

Silver Crusade

Female
Stats:
AC 19 T 13 FF 16 | HP 32/32 | F+7 R+7 W+8 | Init+3 | Perc+4 (Darkvision)
Aasimar Paladin (Divine Hunter) 4

"Diana" Diana stands with her arms crossing her chest with a mildly annoyed look on her face. a worn, and tattered white cloak hanging across her shoulders. " I couldn't imagine a better way to spend my evening in the Grand Lodge." She glowers but seems resigned to the task at hand.

Dark Archive

Female Human Sorcerer - Serpentine Bloodline (Tattoed Sorcerer) Level 5 HP: 30/30| AC: 16/18-Mage Armor | T: 13 | FF: 14 | CMD: 13| Fort: +2 | Ref: +4| Will: +5 | Init: +8 | Perc: +7 | Sense Motive: +7

Like Zarta, Desini can't help but find the amusement in the situation and is unable to hold back a brief hiss-like laugh at her Faction Leader's dry humour. No doubt the Paracountess has some ulterior motive, most likely to seek some benefit for the Dark Archives from this event.

Taking in her companions, Desini's serpentlike eyes sparkle as she introduces herself, sparing an extra glance towards S'Slarn. If I am touched by serpentine blood, he has been thoroughly fondled, she thinks to herself.

"I am Desssini!" A forked tongue flicks over her lips. "May I asssk...there wasss mention of artifactsss...do we know what isss ssstored down there, or isss it the cassse that they've jussst been dumped down there and nobody knowsss?"

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | House of Harmonious Wisdom (Core) Maps | | The Overflow Archives Maps |

To Desini and Chiguya, Zarta gives a wry smile and a wink before answering the former's question. "Oh, they are merely an annex of Master Shaine’s vast libraries. Specifically, this is where he stows the oddities he doesn’t know what else to do with."

Kreighton Shaine frowns at the blunt admission and begins to relate that the building was once a temple dedicated to Desna before it collapsed and the Pathfinders built the Grand Lodge, but Dralneen chides him after a sentence or two, claiming this is no time for a long-winded history lesson. (No map, Oma).

To Chiguya, Virml sheepishly relates, “I…I merely picked up a wee scroll, read part of it aloud for fun—some kind of riddle about birds and fish? And then it flew to bits in my hand, and I caught the quickest glimpse of a handsome man…and then ker-sploosh! I got washed out here!”

Virml sheepishly produces a dripping fragment of a scroll. Shaine snatches the parchment and hands it over to Oma and S'Slarn, saying “It appears to be one of the rhymes from The Name of the Fox. It’s an odd little scroll of Varisian doggerel, scripted in Sylvan. There’s nothing remarkable about it—”

“Nothing until now, perhaps?” quips Zarta.

During the question-and-answering, Zarta will pull Desini and Chiguya aside for a whispered conversation in private as well.

Dark Archive PCs only:
"The Dark Archive thrives by the good graces of the Decemvirate and Ambrus Valsin, yet I can tell that some still doubt our ability to handle truly dangerous relics and the rare disaster like this. As a result, there remain many storerooms barred to our comprehensive study, including the Overflow Archives — until today, that is. It is critical that you minimize the damage to these archives and do so in as professional a manner as possible. If I can demonstrate that my agents are capable and trustworthy, we may win permission to study the truly mysterious treasures beneath the Grand Lodge.”

She shrugs and smiles before continuing. “That said, I know that there is more than junk beyond those doors. I’ve heard that someone squirreled away a copy of The Darklands Precepts somewhere in there, and it’s far too dangerous a tome to leave lying about. Get it out of there and return it to me, no matter what excuse Shaine might make to toss it back in the pile.”

Silver Crusade

Female
Stats:
AC 19 T 13 FF 16 | HP 32/32 | F+7 R+7 W+8 | Init+3 | Perc+4 (Darkvision)
Aasimar Paladin (Divine Hunter) 4

"What books did, Vire-ml, Virml manage to salvage?" She struggles a little with the man's name, not particularly concerned with getting the pronunciation correct. "More importantly, how are we being compensated for being dragged down here in the dead of night to deal with this foolishness?"

Why can't these foolish initiates cause a problem at a decent hour? Is it too much to ask for a quiet night once in a while... I just wanted to pray in peace.

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | House of Harmonious Wisdom (Core) Maps | | The Overflow Archives Maps |

Kreighton Shaine quickly reviews the titles. “Let’s see…various accounts of the First World and the fey that inhabit it. Nothing here is priceless, but it is worth recopying, thanks to the severe water damage.”

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | House of Harmonious Wisdom (Core) Maps | | The Overflow Archives Maps |

You can all read the Sylvan bit now - Chiguya is translating but the player is without internet at the moment.

Silver Crusade

Female
Stats:
AC 19 T 13 FF 16 | HP 32/32 | F+7 R+7 W+8 | Init+3 | Perc+4 (Darkvision)
Aasimar Paladin (Divine Hunter) 4

Diana mutters to herself, " Wearing gold... eating crows... what nonsense" She looks at the others wondering if they can make heads or tails of the riddle.

Dark Archive

Female Human Sorcerer - Serpentine Bloodline (Tattoed Sorcerer) Level 5 HP: 30/30| AC: 16/18-Mage Armor | T: 13 | FF: 14 | CMD: 13| Fort: +2 | Ref: +4| Will: +5 | Init: +8 | Perc: +7 | Sense Motive: +7

"...knowing nothing sssave what he knew not to know?" Desini shakes her head in confusion, her mind more on what the Paracountess had whispered to her only moments ago.

"Perhapsss it ssstill hasss sssome magic left on it?" The sorceress casts Detect Magic on the scrap of scroll.

Scarab Sages

Tengu Bolt Ace 3|AC:20,F:15,T:15|22/22HP|Grit:0/3|Init+8|F+4,R+8,W+5|PER+12, KnDung+9, KnLocal+8, KnEng+6, Ling+9, Craft Calli+9|

"In any event" Oma begins, "Flooding, well water specifically, is not fun to endure. I have spent some time in the plane of water and am glad I picked up an underwater crossbow there. Does anyone have any potions, wands, scrolls or spells that can help. I don't plan on drowning to death."

Sczarni

Nagaji Druid (Naga Aspirant) 4 / Monk 1 | hp 24/37 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | Init +2 | Perception +13

"I have a spell that can help, though I have only prepared one casssting of it today." I can cast touch of the sea on one person, and use Wild Shape on myself, if need be.

Silver Crusade

Female
Stats:
AC 19 T 13 FF 16 | HP 32/32 | F+7 R+7 W+8 | Init+3 | Perc+4 (Darkvision)
Aasimar Paladin (Divine Hunter) 4

"How bad is the flooding? It looks like its just seeping under the doors. Do the vaults descend much deeper than this level?" Diana looks concerned as she eyes the double doors dubiously.

Silver Crusade

Female Aasimar Paladin 4 HP 39/40; AC 20; TCH 12; FF 18; F +8; R +7; W +9; CMB+6; CMD 18; Speed 30FT (20FT in armor); Init +2; Perception +5

Looking at the scroll Nijena shakes her head. "What's that supposed to mean?"

Still thinking about the text she joins the rest of the group, fearing hear armor will be a big disadvantage in the flooded vault.

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | House of Harmonious Wisdom (Core) Maps | | The Overflow Archives Maps |

Shaine shakes his head. "As I said, there is a level below this one, so the texts and scrolls down there are at even greater risk, so you mustn't tarry! I should go and report to the other Masters. Wormell, upstairs with you to begin your copying!"

With that, Shaine strides out the western doors followed by Zarta with a wry smile to Chiguya and Desini. With a heavy sigh, Virml sullenly trudges up the stairs to the level above.

You are now alone, as Nijena has just arrived (and can introduce herself as you proceed), and you can open the door into the main archive.

This spacious library is a damp catastrophe. A lake of dark water clogged with books, scroll cases, and a few overturned shelves obscures the floor. Steps descend into the brine from the western doors, while at the east end of the room a spiral staircase rises from the water to a mezzanine above. The same metal staircase must descend into a basement below as well, for the water there burbles downward in a dark, lazy whirlpool.

This room functions as a shallow bog

The spiral staircase near the center of the chamber sits upon an elevated masonry foundation about 1 foot in height, preventing the water from flowing down to the lower level...for now. You can see sporadic water cascading down from above, however.

Sitting on a formerly ornate mahogany bookshelf that has been converted into some sort of primitive fishing barge are two small-sized bird-faced creatures (one Owl-faced, one Albatross-faced) who are facing away from you with fishing lines cast into the water of the library, bickering softly to each other in Sylvan about a bundle that sits in between them.

The first map is posted if you wish to utilize it :)

Knowledge Nature DC 7:
These are Gathlains, small fey that are usually chaotic neutral. Mischievous and capricious, these creatures have discordant temperaments. They act purely to entertain themselves and sate their immense curiosity about the world around them. They have low-light vision and are often Sorcerers.

Knowledge Nature DC 12:
As above, and they can use Entangle and Feather Step as spell-like abilities. They are not strong of body (i.e. very low hit points no matter their magical prowess). Their weakest saving throw is Fortitude and their strongest save is Reflex.

Knowledge Nature DC 17:
Exploding Runes! Just kidding! As above, plus they love talking trash and tall tales, so Bluff checks will be harder to use on them (since they're experienced at trickery) but genuine attempts at Diplomacy might be easier to sway them into being helpful. They are not particularly bloodthirsty fey, so if attacked they would most likely use harrying and non-lethal tactics.

(As a reminder you can roll knowledge untrained if there is a result available with a DC at or under 10 :)

Scarab Sages

Tengu Bolt Ace 3|AC:20,F:15,T:15|22/22HP|Grit:0/3|Init+8|F+4,R+8,W+5|PER+12, KnDung+9, KnLocal+8, KnEng+6, Ling+9, Craft Calli+9|

Oma keeps himself where he is (as he has a ranged weapon if the creatures are hostile), and he doesn't want to get into the water just yet.

"Hello there! I wouldn't think that there'd be fish here, in and among this place."

Dark Archive

Female Human Sorcerer - Serpentine Bloodline (Tattoed Sorcerer) Level 5 HP: 30/30| AC: 16/18-Mage Armor | T: 13 | FF: 14 | CMD: 13| Fort: +2 | Ref: +4| Will: +5 | Init: +8 | Perc: +7 | Sense Motive: +7

Kn. Nature: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

"Well there'sss our 'owl' and our 'albatrossss'" Desini muses. "Looks like life is mimicing art...does this mean there's a sleeper lurking out there somewhere?"

Desini peers over the shoulders of the rest of the group, quite happy to not be too close to the water for the moment and not keen to be part of something's dish.

Sczarni

Nagaji Druid (Naga Aspirant) 4 / Monk 1 | hp 24/37 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | Init +2 | Perception +13

Kn.Nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

"Fey like these can be troublemakers, but are generally harmless."

S'Slarn calls out to the fey in Common, not knowing Sylvan. "Hello my friendsss, we are here to try to save as much assss we can from the watersss. Would you be willing to help ussss?"

Diplom aid someone else: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8

Silver Crusade

Female
Stats:
AC 19 T 13 FF 16 | HP 32/32 | F+7 R+7 W+8 | Init+3 | Perc+4 (Darkvision)
Aasimar Paladin (Divine Hunter) 4

Knowledge(Nature): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Seeing the state of the room beyond and noticing the fey within Diana takes a deep breath to calm herself. She approaches them, trying not to make too much noise so not to spook the "fish".
"Hello little ones, seems you've found a pleasant enough fishing hole. Catch anything interesting?" Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Dark Archive

Tengu Bard 2 | Bardic Performance: 9/9 rounds | Active Spells: None | | HP: 16/16 | Current AC: 16 (T 12 FF 14) | CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +5, W: +3 (+4 vs Sonic/Language/Bardic) | Init: +4 | Perc +7 (Low-Light) |

Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Chi rises on tip-toes to see over the folks in front of him. Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 "Riddles, riddles, and drowning iiis possible. I feeear that is my lot, Oma, as I have little of use but rope and my kaliiimba, and neither will keep us dry." His neck and head feathers raise like hackles, then he spots the creatures. His feathers smooth.

"Rrrr. Well-a weeell then. These good fellows look like Thoth's cousins. They are surely wise like he, and know sooomething of these doings."

Diplomacy to aid: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Silver Crusade

Female Aasimar Paladin 4 HP 39/40; AC 20; TCH 12; FF 18; F +8; R +7; W +9; CMB+6; CMD 18; Speed 30FT (20FT in armor); Init +2; Perception +5

While descending into the archives Nijena gives a short introduction about herself.

"Sorry for being late. My name is Nijena and I'm here to protect you. " the aasimar woanders says.

Does Nijena understand what the bird creatures were talking about? Nijena speaks Sylvan.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Shadow Lodge

Desini, starting to get worried that the fey might not take too kindly to the group's intrusion on their fishing capers, decides to try and help put them at ease. "Don't worry friends, we're not hear to catch your fish. You can have all of them to yourselves. We just want to get past and stop the books getting wet!"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | House of Harmonious Wisdom (Core) Maps | | The Overflow Archives Maps |

The pair jump to their feet at your approach, sqwuaking "Shhh!!! You'sa gonna scare off *all* da fish! Dis here be the bestest fishin' spot all around!"

Those who understand Sylvan:
Before they noticed you, the two were arguing about a large scroll they recently fished out of the water. The Albatross spotted it but was unable to obtain it, but the Owl was the better fisherman and was able to snag it and reel it in on his first try.

However, your calm words (read: very nice Diplomacy rolls) calm them and they settle down a bit, allowing you to come as close as you'd like without taking any sort of violent action.

The pair talk excitedly of their harrowing journey through the belly of a gigantic sea creature, whom they refer to as “the big sleeper.” They mention that "She" was focused on "some smarty-pants dog-cat who splashed down into the fishin' hole a little bit ago, scar'd away alls da bestest fishes!" Their tale is disjointed, and the above are the only cogent bits you're able to get from them about their past prior to their current fishing expedition, as they are constantly hushing or talking over each other, and frequently pause as one or the other look fearfully up whenever water trickles down the spiral staircase, whispering urgently, "Shhh...“in case she’s listening - I don’t want to get eaten!”

GM's eyes only:
Perception
Chiguya: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Desini: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Diana: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Nijena: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Oma: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
S'Slarn: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24

Chiguya, Nijena, Oma, and S'Slarn notice that there are a few scrolls that have arcane and divine markings on them floating nearby. You also notice that there is a rolled up scroll sitting between the Owl and the Albatross that they are trying (and failing) to hide between them. Further, each of them has a wand tucked into their respective belts.

Yay, internet fixed!

Dark Archive

Tengu Bard 2 | Bardic Performance: 9/9 rounds | Active Spells: None | | HP: 16/16 | Current AC: 16 (T 12 FF 14) | CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +5, W: +3 (+4 vs Sonic/Language/Bardic) | Init: +4 | Perc +7 (Low-Light) |

Playing off Desini's words, Chi nods his thanks to the two creatures and moves with care to the nearest floating scrolls to collect them for placement well above the waterline, or in other safe spaces. "Tsk. What a sodden and sorry state for these things." As he moves them, he checks to see if he recognizes any of the visible text. casts read magic

Scarab Sages

Tengu Bolt Ace 3|AC:20,F:15,T:15|22/22HP|Grit:0/3|Init+8|F+4,R+8,W+5|PER+12, KnDung+9, KnLocal+8, KnEng+6, Ling+9, Craft Calli+9|

"Great, nastier and nastier locations. Hey, who's the 'she'?" Oma asks them, in a friendly sort of way. He knows that at least right now they aren't hostile, and doesn't want to change that.

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | House of Harmonious Wisdom (Core) Maps | | The Overflow Archives Maps |

Through perception, Detect Magic, and Read Magic, Chiguya is able to identify and recover one (each) Scroll of Bull's Strength, Scroll of Comprehend Languages, and Scroll of Daylight.

"Shhhhh!" The Albatross makes a motion trying to pantomime clamping down on its own beak with its hands in Oma's direction! "Don't talk about her or she'll *know*!!! I won't get ate!"

Dark Archive

Female Human Sorcerer - Serpentine Bloodline (Tattoed Sorcerer) Level 5 HP: 30/30| AC: 16/18-Mage Armor | T: 13 | FF: 14 | CMD: 13| Fort: +2 | Ref: +4| Will: +5 | Init: +8 | Perc: +7 | Sense Motive: +7

Happy to see Chiguya setting about saving what he can of the scrolls floating out in the water, Desini casts her eye towards the scroll tucked away between the two strange creatures legs as well as the two wands they have tucked away.

"No, no we don't want to sssee you get eaten. You've been ssso very helpful." Desini speaks in a soft, sibilant whisper to appease the skittish fey. "...but oh dear, that ssscroll down there, and thossse wandsss? Where did you find them? It'sss very important to usss that we put keep everything down here sssafe and where it belongsss."

Desini smiles her most charming of smiles. "If you can help usss by giving thossse back, we'll help you in any way that we can. Maybe we can ssstop thisss dog-cat from ssscaring more fisssh, or give you any fisssh that we find? Anything we can do to help, really...but pleassse we really do need thosse thingss if you found them down here."

Diplomacy (take 10): 10 + 13 = 23

Silver Crusade

Female
Stats:
AC 19 T 13 FF 16 | HP 32/32 | F+7 R+7 W+8 | Init+3 | Perc+4 (Darkvision)
Aasimar Paladin (Divine Hunter) 4

"We'll be able to move on more quickly and leave you to your fishing." Diana adds quietly.

diplmacy aid: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | House of Harmonious Wisdom (Core) Maps | | The Overflow Archives Maps |

The pair look back and forth at each other, then back at you. "Well...okay! If you let us fish, we'll give you these. Just don't tell the big sleeper we helped you, or she'll swallow us again!"

Having made the pair friendly, they give you a Potion of Cure Light Wounds, a Wand of Ventriloquism (25 charges), a Wand of Identify (25 charges), and a soggy rolled up piece of a Scroll!

After giving you these items, the pair of gathlains paddle their mahogany bookshelf a bit to the south, squabbling once again over which one of them is the better fisherman, leaving you alone to pursue your mission! (it's the owl)

You may now proceed to further search this level, take the stairs to the upper level, or the lower level. Once there is a consensus (or majority vote), we will continue! :)

Silver Crusade

Female Aasimar Paladin 4 HP 39/40; AC 20; TCH 12; FF 18; F +8; R +7; W +9; CMB+6; CMD 18; Speed 30FT (20FT in armor); Init +2; Perception +5

Happy to see that some of the scripts and scrolls could be recovered, Nijena wishes the owl and albatros good luck with their fishing adventure.

"Maybe we should check where all this water's coming from? And what is the big sleeper?"

-Posted with Wayfinder

Dark Archive

Female Human Sorcerer - Serpentine Bloodline (Tattoed Sorcerer) Level 5 HP: 30/30| AC: 16/18-Mage Armor | T: 13 | FF: 14 | CMD: 13| Fort: +2 | Ref: +4| Will: +5 | Init: +8 | Perc: +7 | Sense Motive: +7

"Yesss, perhapsss it could be wissse to try and get to the sssource of the problem early, but I can't help worrying that if we don't check out the basssement now it may be flooded before we have a chance to retrieve anything down there." Desini seems genuinely caught in two minds. "Oh, I don't know...but for what it'sss worth, I vote we head down."

Scarab Sages

Tengu Bolt Ace 3|AC:20,F:15,T:15|22/22HP|Grit:0/3|Init+8|F+4,R+8,W+5|PER+12, KnDung+9, KnLocal+8, KnEng+6, Ling+9, Craft Calli+9|

Oma looks around, after he puts his crossbow down, still not entirely convinced the "fishermen" aren't hostile.

"May I suggest going up first? If all the water is coming from above, maybe we try to stop it first, then head down, no?"

Silver Crusade

Female
Stats:
AC 19 T 13 FF 16 | HP 32/32 | F+7 R+7 W+8 | Init+3 | Perc+4 (Darkvision)
Aasimar Paladin (Divine Hunter) 4

" We should address this problem at the source." She draws her bow ready for trouble up above.

Dark Archive

Tengu Bard 2 | Bardic Performance: 9/9 rounds | Active Spells: None | | HP: 16/16 | Current AC: 16 (T 12 FF 14) | CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +5, W: +3 (+4 vs Sonic/Language/Bardic) | Init: +4 | Perc +7 (Low-Light) |

Chi glances at the water coming from above. "Methinks Iii would rather be above this cascade."

Dark Archive

Female Human Sorcerer - Serpentine Bloodline (Tattoed Sorcerer) Level 5 HP: 30/30| AC: 16/18-Mage Armor | T: 13 | FF: 14 | CMD: 13| Fort: +2 | Ref: +4| Will: +5 | Init: +8 | Perc: +7 | Sense Motive: +7

"Very well!" Desini nods, happy to accede to the group's choice. "But let'sss hurry before the basssement gets completely flooded and whatever isss down there isss lossst!"

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | House of Harmonious Wisdom (Core) Maps | | The Overflow Archives Maps |

Seems like up we go!

This wooden floor rises 10 feet above the main floor of the archives and overlooks the (currently floating) stacks. An iron staircase connects the
two levels. Most of the water generated here flows freely through the railing, so not enough accumulates to impede movement.

Floating a few feet in the air, pumping water out of her large mouth which spills onto the floor and then through the railing down to the main level of the archives below is a four-eyed fish with tentacles sprouting from her belly and long fins protruding from her back.

As you ascend, she tilts her head and looks at you quizzically, water continuing to dribble out of her mouth and onto the floor.

(Map has been updated!)

Scarab Sages

Tengu Bolt Ace 3|AC:20,F:15,T:15|22/22HP|Grit:0/3|Init+8|F+4,R+8,W+5|PER+12, KnDung+9, KnLocal+8, KnEng+6, Ling+9, Craft Calli+9|

Oma says nothing, but he readies his crossbow in case of an attack, there is something going on here that he doesn't like, but he doesn't know how to properly express himself into saying what exactly has him on edge.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31

In the end, however, after giving the room a complete look around, all he can manage to do is a simple "Hello?!?!?!?" to the creature.

Dark Archive

Female Human Sorcerer - Serpentine Bloodline (Tattoed Sorcerer) Level 5 HP: 30/30| AC: 16/18-Mage Armor | T: 13 | FF: 14 | CMD: 13| Fort: +2 | Ref: +4| Will: +5 | Init: +8 | Perc: +7 | Sense Motive: +7

"OK, well I guess our two new friends weren't kidding!" Desini too is unusually a bit lost for words for the moment. "Does anyone know what this thing is...well, apart from 'The Sleeper'?"

Kn. Arcana?: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Sczarni

Nagaji Druid (Naga Aspirant) 4 / Monk 1 | hp 24/37 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | Init +2 | Perception +13

S'slarn follows along, ready to grab and squeeze any enemies we run into.

Dark Archive

Tengu Bard 2 | Bardic Performance: 9/9 rounds | Active Spells: None | | HP: 16/16 | Current AC: 16 (T 12 FF 14) | CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +5, W: +3 (+4 vs Sonic/Language/Bardic) | Init: +4 | Perc +7 (Low-Light) |

A little squawk escapes Chi as he crests the staircase and sees the creature, but he composes himself and gives a bow with a flourish. Hoping for similarities to the fae below, he addresses her in Sylvan, then repeats his words in Aquan, just in case. "Please dooo pardon us if we've awoken you, madam. My name is Chi. We come seeking the source of the flooding below, and that seEems to be you. Maaay we ask why you are being so, uuum, effluvient?

Diplomacy/Diplomacy to aid: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Silver Crusade

Female
Stats:
AC 19 T 13 FF 16 | HP 32/32 | F+7 R+7 W+8 | Init+3 | Perc+4 (Darkvision)
Aasimar Paladin (Divine Hunter) 4

Detect evil What sort of foul abomination is that?
Diana is taken aback by the appearance of this creature and grips her bow tightly ready for any provocation.

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | House of Harmonious Wisdom (Core) Maps | | The Overflow Archives Maps |

Bah my internet is playing games with me again so I'm posting from my phone at the moment...Knowledge Arcane is indeed the correct one.

DC 15:
This is a Grodair. They are extraplanar amphibious creatures who mostly make their home in the First World of the fey. They speak and understand Aquan and Sylvan. They are capricious but not necessarily cruel or aggressive. They are noted for having *very* poor memories. They have extradimensional spaces inside of them that can hold thousands of gallons of water, and when they die it all explodes out of them.

DC 20:
Their memory is so poor, in fact, that while they might remember legends or tales from hundreds of years ago, anything from more than a few minutes ago is 50/50 as to whether or not they'll be able to recall it ever happening. They can bite and attack with their tentacles, they can blast pressurized water as a ranged touch attack (plus a pushing combat maneuver), and can use Control Water at will.

DC 25:
Their strongest saving throw is Fortitude and their weakest is Reflex. When they are not swimming, the space they are in and all adjacent spaces are considered to be shallow bog (difficult terrain for medium sized creatures).

Grand Lodge

| The Commencement Maps | | House of Harmonious Wisdom (Core) Maps | | The Overflow Archives Maps |

It looks at you with its red eyes and tilts to one side. The fact that you are not being aggressive plus Chiguya's initial words seem to get her talking rather than defensive.

"Ай мэл гайх. Та хэн бэ? ... Би ямар нэг зүйлийн дунд байсан уу?"

Sylvan:
"Oh hello there. Who are you? ...Was I in the middle of something?"

Edit: GM should have read all of your posts before posting...

In response to Chiguya, she speaks again.

"Миний нэр Mistress Koi ... чи энд юу хийж байгаа юм бэ? ... энд юу хийж байна вэ?"

Sylvan:
"My name is Mistress Koi...what are you doing here? ...what am *I* doing here?"

Edit-the-second: I'll drop the spoilers moving forward since I believe at least 2 of you speak Sylvan and can translate plus there's the Comprehend Languages scroll you picked up earlier.

Scarab Sages

Tengu Bolt Ace 3|AC:20,F:15,T:15|22/22HP|Grit:0/3|Init+8|F+4,R+8,W+5|PER+12, KnDung+9, KnLocal+8, KnEng+6, Ling+9, Craft Calli+9|

"I'm sorry, but can anyone understand that, thing? I cannot, but it sounds hostile." Oma states in wonderment at the creature before her, weapon ready for action.

Dark Archive

Tengu Bard 2 | Bardic Performance: 9/9 rounds | Active Spells: None | | HP: 16/16 | Current AC: 16 (T 12 FF 14) | CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +5, W: +3 (+4 vs Sonic/Language/Bardic) | Init: +4 | Perc +7 (Low-Light) |

Chi turns to face Oma.
Түүний нэр бол... ahem, excuse, heeer name is Mistress Koi, and she seems confused but not yet hostile.
He turns back to Mistress Koi.
Бид номын сангаа усаар зогсоохоор энд байгаа ч яагаад энд байгаа юм бэ гэдгийг бид мэдэхгүй. Энэ нь хуйлмал холбоотой байсан байж магадгүй юм. Манай нийгмийн залуу гишүүн хуйлмал номын нэг хэсгийг уншаад олон зүйл тохиолдсон юм. Та энэ талаар мэдэх үү?
Translation: We are here to save our library by stopping the water, but we do not know why you are here. It may be because a scroll was involved. A young member of our society read part of a scroll, and many things then happened. Do you know anything about this?

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Scarab Sages

Tengu Bolt Ace 3|AC:20,F:15,T:15|22/22HP|Grit:0/3|Init+8|F+4,R+8,W+5|PER+12, KnDung+9, KnLocal+8, KnEng+6, Ling+9, Craft Calli+9|

Oma turns to face Chiguya, "Mistress Koi, is it? If it's confused, how can we make her un-confused? I'm just glad you can speak her language." Oma lowers his crossbow slightly, but is still on edge over this large fish.

Dark Archive

Female Human Sorcerer - Serpentine Bloodline (Tattoed Sorcerer) Level 5 HP: 30/30| AC: 16/18-Mage Armor | T: 13 | FF: 14 | CMD: 13| Fort: +2 | Ref: +4| Will: +5 | Init: +8 | Perc: +7 | Sense Motive: +7

Desini, unable to understand or speak to the strange amphibious creature, tries her best to help with the negotiations by making what she hopes are placating fishy like kisses with her rather full lips.

Diplomacy (aid): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20

In between fishy kisses, she talks to Chiguya. "Nice work with the Sylvan, is it? Does she remember where her home is and how we might get her back there...oh, and most importantly, could she perhaps reverse the flow of water, or at least cut it off if we help?"

1 to 50 of 207 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Dire GM's [PFS] #6-15: The Overflow Archives (PbP Gameday VI) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.