Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Delta Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master Ross Hearne aka poisonbladed


51 to 100 of 387 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

They appear to be made by some large insect.


Male Human Garundi Fighter 1 (Weapon Master): Init +3; Senses Perception +1: AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +3 Dex) : hp 11 : Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +1

Curse this foul twisted cavern! Parched and starving Jauhar keeps up a firm rigid display. He takes a sip of water if offered, but takes no food. Lack of water is like to drive these Northerners mad

What type of creature would you expect it to be? I would wager that if it’s alive that it could lead us to water, and serve as food. We should track this creature, if we can.

Considering that Jauhar was in a city last he knew, there would be no reason for him to have supplied himself with water or food.


Male Elf Rogue 1

Hmmph. I don't carry food because I can hunt. Of course, I'm not exactly prepared for this...place. If we ever find ourselves in the woods, though, you can count on me for that.

I want to look in that hole without letting whatever might be in there get at my face. Aha!

Cyne says Can someone put their sword in front of this crevice upright so that it blocks the path, but not the line of sight?

Assuming someone cooperates...

Cyne puts a torch on one side of the sword and looks on the other, laying down a foot back to get a good vantage point. I have low light vision, too.


Male Human Garundi Fighter 1 (Weapon Master): Init +3; Senses Perception +1: AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +3 Dex) : hp 11 : Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +1

The spearman gladly helps, being right there. Whipping out his curved blade in less than a blink.


Male Ifrit Oracle 1, HP 11/11, AC 15, Init: +10, Per: -1, F: 2, R: 2, W: 1

"I know not how to hunt, but I know provisions are important. Sometimes I carry around more than I can handle. I saw this cool kit at the local shop and bought it up before I really looked through it."

Ignis takes a look through is backpack, making inventory of what he sees.

"Ah, apparently they expect me to eat for two with how much food they give me. Yet they don't even give me enough water for a day. I think I'll have to go back and submit a complaint to them." He shakes his head at the marketing schemes these shops use.

"If anyone wants some rations, you can have some, free of charge. I can't expect they will be tasty, but better than death. As far as water is concerned, that may be a problem. I hope you guys can find some, otherwise we may have to start rationing it. Odd... no need to ration rations, but need to ration water." He seems surprisingly puzzled by this pun.


You cannot see very far into the crevasse. There is no sign of whatever made the tracks. After a brief rest The party decides to keep moving. The cavern widens out a bit and you begin to come across side tunnels. This natural labyrinth seems to continue on in all directions for eternity.

You round a sharp corner and Cyne Lar catches a glimpse of a giant white cockroach disappearing into a crack in the cavern floor.


Male Elf Rogue 1

There's something I can shoot. A nasty bug just tucked into that crack in the floor. It looked like a giant white cockroach. Any guesses as what it was?


Should I move us forward?


Male Human hp: 18, AC 11, FF 11, TCH 10, Init +0, CMD 10, Perception +13, Shaman

Blask will move to the location Cyne saw the white cockroach thing disappear into the crack in the floor and with battleaxe and shield in hand, poke his axe into the crack. Ready for something to pop out of the crack.


Male Ifrit Oracle 1, HP 11/11, AC 15, Init: +10, Per: -1, F: 2, R: 2, W: 1

"Since they don't like light, I could light up a stone and chuck it down the hole, see if something pops out. If the orc doesn't get them with his axe first."

Ignis picks up a rock and stares at it, focusing as his body seems to stiffen. He mutters a few words as the pentagram on his head glows red, and the rock bursts into light. He relaxes then tosses the rock up in the air and catches it.

Cast light on rock, lasts 10 mins

Grand Lodge

F Female Aasimar druid 1 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 9/9 | F +3 R +3 W +6 | Init +3 | Perc +4 (8) | spd 20 ft.

"As I was...ill prepared for this journey, I'll gladly accept some rations.
In emergencies, I could summon a beast and drain some of their blood to drink.

And I wonder about the insect...does that kind of creature need a large water source, or would something like dew be enough to nourish it ?
Unfortunately, I don't have any knowledge of the natural world..."


Male Human Garundi Fighter 1 (Weapon Master): Init +3; Senses Perception +1: AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +3 Dex) : hp 11 : Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +1

assuming that middle Nimt was outloud as it wasn't in italics.

Dew would serve if collected. Still I doubt dew would collect here. Where would the mist come from?

I don't think something that is around for a short period of time could provide nourishment any longer than there duration, tastes good less filling


Off the top of my head I would disallow using summoned animals as consumables. If someone can point me to a rule about this that would be great.


Male Elf Rogue 1

I'd like move to something we can interact with. I thought that the cockroach was something worth investigating, but if it isn't, I'd like to skip ahead to whatever is next.


Male Human Garundi Fighter 1 (Weapon Master): Init +3; Senses Perception +1: AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +3 Dex) : hp 11 : Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +1

seconded, though I may not be so sure later on, :D


The giant white roach slips deeper into the crack and is lost to sight. The party moves onward into the cave for several more hours. Tunnels branch off and reconnect, the salty dryness permeates you causing lips to crack and dry.

A loud chittering stops the party in their tracks. Giant white roaches boil out of the walls and ceilings dropping onto the party. They cling to the party member clawing and biting.

I will roll all initiative, if the bugs initiative is greater they will have a surprise round. The PC's and the NPC's will all take turns as a group.


Initiative rolls:

PC's
Cyne Lar:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Ras Jauhar:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Nimt:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Auga Ignis:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Blask:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Trey Merosa:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

NPC's

Giant Cave Roach 1:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Giant Cave Roach 2:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Giant Cave Roach 3:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Giant Cave Roach 4:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Giant Cave Roach 5:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Giant Cave Roach 6:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

PC's clearly win. I will have a map up in the next few hours.

Round 1 will start when I post a map


Giant white roaches swarm out of cracks in the walls ceiling and floor.

Map 1

The the squares with rubble are difficult terrain. (if less than half the square is covered in rubble you can move as normal)

Round 1 can start. Players can go in no particular order. The roaches will go after.


Male Human hp: 18, AC 11, FF 11, TCH 10, Init +0, CMD 10, Perception +13, Shaman

Ugh, what are these things? I guess it doesn't matter, since they'll all be dead sooner rather than later.

Attack on #1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 Add another +2 if aberrations

Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 Add another +2 if aberrations


Male Ifrit Oracle 1, HP 11/11, AC 15, Init: +10, Per: -1, F: 2, R: 2, W: 1

Ignis flinches back at the sight of the roaches, but his automatic reaction is to stab at it.

Attack 4: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

"My enjoyment of this place just went down a notch"


Male Elf Rogue 1

Cyne drops his bow and whips out a short spear. He jabs at the roach I10, trying to land a blow through its carapace.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Three of the Giant Cockroaches lay dead.


Male Human Garundi Fighter 1 (Weapon Master): Init +3; Senses Perception +1: AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +3 Dex) : hp 11 : Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +1

Round 1 HP 11/11 no ongoing spells or conditions

Jauhar japs the tip of his razor sharp spear at the one sill living near Cyne.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5damage.


Ras Jauhar wrote:

Round 1 HP 11/11 no ongoing spells or conditions

Jauhar japs the tip of his razor sharp spear at the one sill living near Cyne.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5damage.

Thats a miss, and I stand corrected. Only 2 of the Roaches are dead.

Grand Lodge

F Female Aasimar druid 1 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 9/9 | F +3 R +3 W +6 | Init +3 | Perc +4 (8) | spd 20 ft.

Nimt moves to F6, irritated that he's too close to the roaches to cast a spell. He goes full defense.

Ripper isn't on the map yet. In what square do you want him to start ?


F Aasimar Cleric 7
Spoiler:
AC 14 | FF 13 | T 11 | HP 45/45 | Init: +1 | Percep: +8 | Fort: +6| Ref: +3 | Will: +9

map won't load for me (may be my computer) (using work computer)

Trey swats at any of the roachs on her with her staff. Ahhhhh she shrieks at the sight of these nasty bugs.

Attack with staff 1d20 ⇒ 15
damage if a hit 1d6 ⇒ 1

when we next rest trey can prepare create water to help with the water situation. she will also accept only half rations to ensure others have all that they need


I need a token for him link a image please. I will put him close to you

anyone else have trouble with the map?


Male Human Garundi Fighter 1 (Weapon Master): Init +3; Senses Perception +1: AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +3 Dex) : hp 11 : Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +1

I am not sure if we can move our guys or not, but otherwise it looks good.

Grand Lodge

F Female Aasimar druid 1 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 9/9 | F +3 R +3 W +6 | Init +3 | Perc +4 (8) | spd 20 ft.

Ripper lunges forward and attacks the roach that was in front of Nimt.
Bite
Attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 damage 1d6 ⇒ 2
Claws 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Damage 1d4 ⇒ 2 1d4 ⇒ 4


Aasimar (Archon-touched) Druid (Urban) 1

One damage eztra for probably the only attack that got through, forgot to add str mod


Nimt wrote:

Ripper lunges forward and attacks the roach that was in front of Nimt.

Bite
Attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 damage 1d6 ⇒ 2
Claws 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Damage 1d4 ⇒ 2 1d4 ⇒ 4

The last claw attack hit

Had a big brain fart yesterday, the roches have 8 HP each, one is dead and two are badly wounded

You can indeed move your tokens, just give me a grid coord.

Nimt, link me an image for ripper. we will use this one until then.

Below is a map update, I marked the seriously wounded roaches with the blood drops, the dead one is marked with the black skull. If you want to move prior to the roaches starting their turn let me know, once again rubble squares are difficult terrain (x2 movement)

Map #2


Male Human Garundi Fighter 1 (Weapon Master): Init +3; Senses Perception +1: AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +3 Dex) : hp 11 : Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +1

remember I have a reach weapon, so there is a few possibilites for an AoO from me. This of course does limit me on the ones real close..


Male Ifrit Oracle 1, HP 11/11, AC 15, Init: +10, Per: -1, F: 2, R: 2, W: 1

I believe we are waiting on you DM


Sorry, I went out of town late Thursday and did not get back until Sunday night. Let us continue.

Roach #2 Attacks:
Trey Merosa 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Damage1d4 ⇒ 3miss

Instead of attacking Trey, the roach goes after her waterbag.

Roach #3 Attacks:
Cyne Lar: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Damage1d4 ⇒ 4 That's a hit

Roach #4 Attacks:
Auga Ignis: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Damage1d4 ⇒ 1 That's a hit

Instead of attacking Auga, the roach goes after his waterbag. No damage, but your bag is ripped open.

Roach #5 Attacks:
Ripper: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Damage1d4 ⇒ 3 miss

Roach #6 Attacks:
Cyne Lar: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Damage1d4 ⇒ 1 That's a hit

Start round 2


Male Human hp: 18, AC 11, FF 11, TCH 10, Init +0, CMD 10, Perception +13, Shaman

What the..., seeing his traveling mates' water canteens being slashed open by the roaches claws.

We need to put a stop to this before all our water supply is gone! Die you insect scum.

Attacking Roach #2

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Hoping #2 is dead now, since Trey did 1 point of damage to it in round 1 and I just did 7 more :) If that's the case, Blask will move...G9-F9-E10-E11-F12 so as not to provoke AOO


Map update

Map Update 3.


Male Ifrit Oracle 1, HP 11/11, AC 15, Init: +10, Per: -1, F: 2, R: 2, W: 1

I really just want to kick these things, maybe I should have been a monk.

Ignis tries to save what water he can, even if it provokes an attack of opportunity. If there is no water to save, then he attacks the bug again.

Attack 4 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


There are multiple punctures in the bag. It will take 2 more more rounds for it to be empty. Trying to stop the water draining will provoke. Please describe how you want to stop the water from draining.


F Aasimar Cleric 7
Spoiler:
AC 14 | FF 13 | T 11 | HP 45/45 | Init: +1 | Percep: +8 | Fort: +6| Ref: +3 | Will: +9

Trey notices the loos of water from her companions waterbag Trey turns to help with Auga's waterbag trying to stop the leaking as best she can

not sure what kind of rolls are needed here


Think of something creative, we will worry about the rolls later.


Male Human Garundi Fighter 1 (Weapon Master): Init +3; Senses Perception +1: AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +3 Dex) : hp 11 : Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +1

Hearing the splash of water Jauhar turns and grits his teeth. Foul Beast! he yells.

Diving for bug Two he drops his spear and attempts to Grapple. Drawing the AoO, of course. His ends his movement in e9

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

take our water we take yours!


F Aasimar Cleric 7
Spoiler:
AC 14 | FF 13 | T 11 | HP 45/45 | Init: +1 | Percep: +8 | Fort: +6| Ref: +3 | Will: +9

Trey grabs her healer kit to make use of some of the bandages stops bleeding? and your bag is "bleeding" Trey attempts to bandage the wounded bag. and lower the leakage.

ahhhh Heal check? 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18


Male Elf Rogue 1

5' step to H11, stab at I10 again.

Cyne tries to back away from the fray slowly without letting his guard down. He can't parry both attacks, however, and lets both through. He jabs again at the injured roach, hoping to alleviate some of the duress he is under.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Grand Lodge

F Female Aasimar druid 1 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 9/9 | F +3 R +3 W +6 | Init +3 | Perc +4 (8) | spd 20 ft.

Nimt whispers to Ripper:"kill the bug"
Ripper attacks the bug in front of Auga
Bite
Attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Claws 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

If you are carrying water, remove yourselves from combat !

Grand Lodge

F Female Aasimar druid 1 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 9/9 | F +3 R +3 W +6 | Init +3 | Perc +4 (8) | spd 20 ft.

Nimt himself attacks the roach in front of him, slashing with a cestus att 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
dam 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

After that, he moves to


Male Ifrit Oracle 1, HP 11/11, AC 15, Init: +10, Per: -1, F: 2, R: 2, W: 1

I posted, but dang messageboard didn't accept it

Ignis tries to hold the water bag up, so that the holes face away from the ground, letting gravity hold the water in.

If I move, then we will have no water!

I'll assume a dex check 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Grand Lodge

F Female Aasimar druid 1 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 9/9 | F +3 R +3 W +6 | Init +3 | Perc +4 (8) | spd 20 ft.

Can the ones with the water shield it with their body ? ( full defense action, but shielding the water instead of themselves)


The cockroaches, realizing their numbers are dwindling, and their need for survival is paramount, decide leaving is the better course of action to take.

All the remaining roaches will retreat. Since they have no intelligence, literally, they will not know how to retreat defensively so anyone who would like to please make AOO against them :)


Male Human hp: 18, AC 11, FF 11, TCH 10, Init +0, CMD 10, Perception +13, Shaman

Retreat! I don't think so you slimy bugs!

Attack on #6

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Male Human Garundi Fighter 1 (Weapon Master): Init +3; Senses Perception +1: AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +3 Dex) : hp 11 : Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +1

Picks up one of the dead ones, takes a sniff. If it smells really foul he will toss it aside, if it just smells like a musty bug he stores it.

51 to 100 of 387 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Delta Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.