Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


The Deepest Shadows Lie Longest (Inactive)

Game Master Dreaming Warforged

Carrion Hill Module


401 to 450 of 1,789 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

"Planning in the absence of information is unwise. I would prefer you concentrate your research on whether it is possible to sever the link between the creature and its invokers in a way that does not require their deaths, and how we might determine how many individuals were actually involved in the summoning."

Once away from Baveksh, Windle murmurs to the priest, "My apologies, Frater Kolnikov, for not speaking out sooner. I trust no one with that book...but I mistrust you and the rest of the Lady's clergy here least."


Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7

"No need for apologies, Mr. Thetra. And while your mistrust is duly noted, I most certainly am not fond of leaving such a valuable treasure with one such as Baveksh. He takes this situation far too lightly for my taste. Nevertheless, if he actually does have some ability in deciphering the tome, then maybe there's the possibility of finding another way to end this creature without having to resort to such sordid means that has presented itself to us," he says without much conviction. "We shall see."


Map

Ok, you are at a crossroad. Do you tell others outside your band? What do you do next? It's a little past noon and your stomach is grumbling.


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

Windle walks silently next to Iozef for several minutes, lost in thought, before speaking quietly. "I am wondering what we should tell our chance companions about what we have learned. Did you know any of them before the Mayor commissioned us?"


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12
Mireza wrote:
She nods. "If the city is still here tomorrow or the next day, there will be time to find someone to blame. When people are no longer afraid for their lives, they will become angry about their losses, and if there is any chance the Mayor has been caught in his own web, I'm sure your 'friend' will help us expose him." She smiles aside at Valiard slyly. "The three things that motivate everyone: life, prosperity, and love. We fought to save our lives; now the Mayor tempts us to go back with the promise of coin. What of the third? If you deliver what the elf-woman wants, what will she owe you? Or if she becomes mayor, what favors could she offer the merchant who becomes her lover? Is she your prize, or are you hers?"

Valiard is quiet for a few moments as the rain continues to drum on the roof of the tent. In the nearest corner one of the seams, thoroughly soaked, begins to leak, and a bead of water gathers slowly, before dropping to the floor of the tent.

"I guess I hadn't really thought about it. I was simply curious to see what the councilwoman had to say...but she really has nothing that I want or need. She hasn't offered me anything, and I haven't asked for anything. I guess I was acting as a concerned citizen, or something like it."

"You speak of love like it is a commodity, and in this town I would not dare dispute you. Too many people are just scrabbling to get by in this town. Even the richest people in this town are grasping, greedy and barely think beyond how the next deal will get them ahead of their competitors and neighbors. They would sell their own daughters and sons for the chance to make a beneficial deal...No, I can barely trust my neighbors in this place, to love someone in this place...I would be afraid, no, certain that I was being used to climb the ladder."

"I am happy now with my life here on the Hill. But I think that I can see a time when I will no longer be happy here, but bitter, grasping and used up...perhaps when this threat is dealt with..."


Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7
Windle Thetra wrote:
Windle walks silently next to Iozef for several minutes, lost in thought, before speaking quietly. "I am wondering what we should tell our chance companions about what we have learned. Did you know any of them before the Mayor commissioned us?"

Iozef slows down before coming to a complete stop as he ponders that same thought. "Initially I fully intended to tell them but I must confess, I've wondered that myself. As far as what I know of our companions, I know nothing of Grigor. What I know of Valiard is that he's an accomplished apothecary, nothing more. And as far as the fortune-teller is concerned, I've only heard stories of her. And apparently most of them true. Strange that one. Yet, in the same sense, extraordinary. I've never met anyone who seems as if they've no idea what's going on, yet, everything around them is under their control. It's truly unnerving. If ever there is one who dares to intrude upon her mind..." He shakes his head at the thought of how one's mind could snap at attempting such. "Forgive me, where was I? Oh yes, on telling the others. I think not. We will let them know that it is imperative that we find the remaining cult members that still live. Why? Because finding them will aide us in defeating this 'thing'. There is no deception in that. If deception is warranted, then you will have to attempt such. I fear I am not the most talented deceiver. I believe in your line of work it comes naturally. And in case you may not have noticed, I have a slight tendency to speak my mind." He looks at Windle as if saying, "It's true. I really do." "Anyway, if nothing more is learned from the tome that results in a differing measure to destroy this creature, then and only then do we reveal what must be done. Of course, that is only after we have found them. Agreed?"


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

Mireza watches Valiard closely as he speaks. When his voice has trailed off, a few moments of silence pass; then she reaches out hesitantly to touch her fingers against the back of his hand briefly, an action obviously intended to be comforting but with a timidity which betrays she is copying a gesture she has seen others employ rather than doing what comes naturally to her. "It still exists, Apothecary. Love. Even in Carrion Hill. I am not sure I know what it is, but if it means ... desiring another person without consideration for the benefits possessing them would provide, then it still exists. They all come to me, seeking love, and while there are many eager to catch influence or riches in their bed, there are still those who ache for another as poor and powerless as themselves." She looks away. "You think poorly of those who use it to gain what they want ... or need. But when your purse is empty, when you have neither coin nor power nor three hundred pounds of cloves nor the freedom to go where you wish and do what you will ... then you must use the only commodity you have, even if it is another's desire."


Map

Iozef and Windle appear get back in the tent. Valiard and Mireza are deep in conversation.
A young boy runs past you, mentioning something about getting Grigor. Soon after, the Crow shows up. Mayor Heggry is looking at the two scholar as though saying "Well?"


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Grigor looks pale and haunted.


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

This is before Windle and Iozef rejoin the party.

The inquisitor strokes his chin, reflecting, before nodding once, sharply. "Agreed. However, I am concerned that when we apprehend the remaining three, we will need an extraordinarily safe place to keep them; I'll not insult your intelligence by explaining why. Our first step must in any case be to locate them." He walks the rest of the way in silence, unless Iozef has anything else to say.

****

"The details of the summoning and the capabilities of the creature were not to be found in our initial review. It is therefore imperative that we find the remaining 'Keepers' to question them, and preferably before the creature does. It does appear to be intelligent, and after what happened to Marshan and I expect it to seek revenge on those who sought to bind it."


Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7
Windle Thetra wrote:

This is before Windle and Iozef rejoin the party.

The inquisitor strokes his chin, reflecting, before nodding once, sharply. "Agreed. However, I am concerned that when we apprehend the remaining three, we will need an extraordinarily safe place to keep them; I'll not insult your intelligence by explaining why. Our first step must in any case be to locate them." He walks the rest of the way in silence, unless Iozef has anything else to say.

Iozef nods in agreement and continues the rest of the way in silence as well.

Windle Thetra wrote:
"The details of the summoning and the capabilities of the creature were not to be found in our initial review. It is therefore imperative that we find the remaining 'Keepers' to question them, and preferably before the creature does. It does appear to be intelligent, and after what happened to Marshan and I expect it to seek revenge on those who sought to bind it."

Unable to add anything to Windle's statement, "That indeed sums it up, Mayor. Have you any idea where they may be located?"


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

The Loony Bin, Grigor said stonily.

And I mean that on many different levels. One of those sods is running our House of Nutters... lets pay him a visit


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

Valiard does not pull his hand away at Mireza's touch, but it is hard to say if he noticed it.

Did she just touch my hand?

Valiard nods at Mireza's words. "My mind understands...I am not certain my heart does. But perhaps I am too much of an idealist. I will try to keep my eyes open to what is around me."

Grigor Vachkov wrote:

The Loony Bin, Grigor said stonily.

And I mean that on many different levels. One of those sods is running our House of Nutters... lets pay him a visit

"I think that is as good idea as any Grigor." Valiard turns to the Mayor.

"Sir, if your friend Myre is involved, warning him may be the worst thing that you could do, for yourself and the city. Impartiality and distance will protect you from implication, and honestly, it just makes sense that you have investigators go see him without warning, that way if he is involved, he doesn't have the chance to cover up the evidence...or kill more people."


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

"If he is your friend," Mireza addresses the Mayor directly, "perhaps we should find him first. To protect him. If the monster should turn on him next...." She trails off, feigning concern, then appeals plaintively to Heggry, her eyes pleading. "Where can we find him, Mayor?" Bluff 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27

Was Grigor able to find out which other building collapsed?


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

not sure


Map

Grigor:
The buildings collapsed are located an hour or so from Slipper Market. There is nothing that seems to link them to the other events for now, but it doesn't mean anything as no real investigation as taken place in the few hours that have passed...

Until the very last minutes, where you heard a Crow mention that the house was one of the residence of an influent merchant, a friend of the mayor.


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Thanks Deimus. - Mireza, at this point no one has asked me so I will sit on the information for the moment.


Map

Crove Asylum is located at the bottom of the Tangle, on the eastern side of town. The building is the only one made of stone in this part of town. A neoclassical Ustalan design, with obvious Chelish inspirations, it stands low, with a single floor, but wide, his north and south wings extending far through the park surrounding it.

The gate is unmanned but locked and you see no orderlies or patients in the courtyard. The rain seems to have slowed down, but the grey clouds seem to congregate around the asylum, almost disappearing in its dark grey walls, as if swallowed by the gargoyles adorning its walls.

Very few windows can be seen from where you stand, and they are all high perched, narrow, and covered with a grid, definitely designed to keep things in, not out...

From the gate, a straight path leads to the main central entrance.


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

No information from the Mayor with my 27 Bluff appeal, DM? :(


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

"Well this looks inviting. I cannot imagine why we were not met at the gate. The tourism through this place must be astounding. They should sell tickets."

Valiard looks around at the grounds of the Asylum, his eyes taking in the sweep of grass, trees and garden beds.

DM:
So now I need a thief description please. Trees? Shrubs to hide behind? Does the wall look climbable? Any crenalations or points that can catch a grapelling hook? Other than the gargoyles that is. Does the roof look like there is a structure or opening on it? Is it a flat roof or pitched? Thatch (cut through it) or tile? Do you want a perception check to see if I see something special? Is there a path around to the back of the asylum?


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Bugger this for a lark....

Grigor strides up to the front gate like a thunderstorm, and shakes on it violently.

Open up in the Name of the City of Carrion Hill - City Watch!.


Map

Sorry about that Mireza. Allow me to fix it.

Before you left, Mayor Heggry is obviously startled by the name of Myre: "That- That can't, CAN'T be him. No... No, it must be someone else in his family. No... He's been a good friend and a supporter of my campaign. No..." Mireza slowly unfolds the man: "He has a house in the Crown, and his business in The Filth. The great middenstone vathouse. You can't miss it. But please, it mustn't be him!"

You leave the mayor quite in shock...

Ok, sorry about that. You can choose to go elsewhere than Cove's Asylum. Please let me know in the ooc thread.


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Before leaving Grigor leans close and hisses in the mayors ear, speaking softly but with sharpness.

It is your friend if street rumour is anything to go my Mayor. I owe you much but I very much hope I don't end up coming for you when this is all sorted out.


Map

Heggry grabs the Crow and whispers in his ear. Perception DC 20 if you wish to hear.

Grigor:
[b]"Grigor, I swear! I have nothing to do with this!!!"
Sense Motive if you wish.


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Spoiler:

Sense Motive +11 / + 4 for Human
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

Perception check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

Sense Motive check: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

Mireza leans against the gate, pressing her face between the bars to look for any sign of a response to Grigor's shout. "They don't like your song, Crow," she smiles. "But the nest is still standing, so we arrived before their ancient lord. When the bough breaks, they'll twitter all right. Do you think this gate will keep them in, all the men too dangerous for prison, when the house is cracked open like an eggshell?" She turns her back to the asylum. "Do we want to fight their monster and the inmates, too? Wouldn't we rather catch up to it elsewhere, in less infested surroundings? The Mayor's influential friend... if we save his life and his money, will the Mayor not be glad of it? Or if the Mayor would rather his 'friend' take his testimony to the grave, is that not worth more to us as well than the contents of a madhouse?"


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Something in what you say Fortune Teller.

He gives the gates a final shake.

They'll keep... and I'll get in even if I have to kick those bastard gates down to do it.


Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7

Iozef stares at Mireza through narrowed eyes, pondering her words. "Madam Mireza is right. Let us visit Myre's home." Iozef suggests as he immediately turns and heads towards the man's home.


Map

You make your way around The Tangle and walk down to The Filth. As you do so, the rain intensifies and visibility is reduced by the curtains of water. The Filth sprawls at the foot of Carrion Hill, home of the poorest of its citizens and of the foulest of its industries. Among them, middenstone vats are a famous example, dropping their stench in the air and their sluice in the river.

Myre's middenstone operation is located on the northern edge of the Filth, in a long building called “Rupman’s Vats.”

From your quick exploration, you figure the following: Rupman’s vat is a 40-foot-high but single-story building looming over the river’s edge. The walls are constructed of middenstone around a wooden frame. Even doors are of middenstone, and all external doors are locked. Three sluice gates connect to the river, and entry via one of the three sluice gates seems possible; Furthermore, three chimneys rise above each sluice gate as well, but these are narrow and seem filled with noxious smoke.

The area around the Vats is narrow and you can safely approach or observe without being noticed.


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Looks like we have an opportunity to slip in unnoticed with all the close quarters... quiet as you can to the doors and I'll see what I can do about those.

Grigor then slinks among the byways of the building to the front door, trying the handle quietly.

Stealth 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25 (only +9 for quietly trying the door)

If the door is open he'll creak it open a crack... if locked, he'll dig out his lockpicks.


Map

Grigor finds the door locked. The stench of the vat is almost overtaking. Inside, it must be incapacitating. Makes you wonder about the working conditions of the poor souls who can't find any other work.


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Grigor fishes out his lockpicks and, kneeling, sets to work.

Disable Device 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Times like this it reminds me WHY I should just take 10


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

"I wonder if they made the roof out of middenstone too, since everything else seems to be made from it."

Valiard looks sideways at Grigor. Not bad...

"Grigor, don't you think that you should knock first rather than breaking in? And since when do crows pick locks to break in...I though you all just kicked in the door."

"I am starting to feel guilty. Here we are, standing in the street, breaking in to a business..."

DM:
How climbable is the wall? Are there adjoining buildings? Can I tell what the roof is made from? Is it wooden or more middenstone? Does Grigor suck at opening locks or what?


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

Windle not-quite smiles. "Do not concern yourself. We have the law and the right on our side; who will challenge us?"


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

Mireza leans against the outer wall, pressing Valiard's sachet to her nose and mouth, although it seems to have lost some potency in the intervening hours. "Why does everywhere we go smell so bad?" she complains.


Map

Valiard:
The roof is made of middenstone tiles. The wall is climbable, but not particularly easy (DC 20). Grigor started well, but he kept looking out and lost the feel of the lock. He seems to be pursuing a fruitless path.


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

I am the law, Grigor growled low voiced, muttering in frustration, still looking about...

So much for a quiet entry and surprise... I'll have to knock.

Going to client site and can't get on forum for about 10 hrs - will post later


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

"I have a terrible idea Mireza...you are going to love it. I think that I am going to go check out that sluice gate over there. It doesn't look like too much...stuff...is coming out of it, and we might be able to get in over there. I am going to check it out if you care to join me."

Valiard waits for Mireza's response before walking back down Flower street to the corner of the building and ducking into the alleyway between it and the ramshackle skeleton of a warehouse. The alley descends slightly as it gets closer to the river bank.

So what does the river side of the building look like?


Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7

Does Grigor sound like THIS? You know, you kinda remind me of him honestly. :)

"I would've knocked initially, Mr. Vachkov. But that's irrelevant at this point." A curious look forms as he notices Valiard leave. "Where is he going?" He asks in general. "No matter." Iozef moves to the door and knocks.


Map
Iozef Kolnikov wrote:
Does Grigor sound like THIS? You know, you kinda remind me of him honestly. :)

LOL!


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

Mireza cocks a quizzical eyebrow but smiles and follows Valiard down the alley, trailing her fingers against the rough surface of the middenstone structure. "It's made of bones and dead bugs," she observes, looking up at the mauve walls. "What sort of people think to build a city out of death?"

Splitting the party: Always a good idea, right? :)


Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7

As he now notices Mireza head out in the same direction as Valiard, "Alright, now where is she going?" He looks to Windle then turns to look back at Mireza walking away. Turning back to Windle with a firm look of understanding, "Do they not realize that this is not the proper time for sex? Can't they wait for a more convenient time?" He asks as a matter of fact as he turns his eyes back to the fading Mireza. Quickly turning his attention back to the door, Iozef knocks a bit louder. "I know they hear me," he mumbles with a slight frustration in his voice at the door. "It's rude to ignore one's knock." He finishes his mumbled rant as he straightens his vest while he continues to wait.


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Hells - I can't getting in with these..., he puts the picks away, tucking the thick bundle inside his shirt and armour.

What the hells is the Appocrathy up to?

Was actually just hoping for a comedic contrast as he futilely works the locks where Dredd would have just booted the doors in but yeah, he has 'Cop' Syndrome.


Map

Valiard and Mireza:
You make your way to the river and the sluice gates. The tubes rise up from the river, going inside the building. Climbing inside them seems doable enough (DC 15), though the stench coming from there is getting at your throats and makes you cough even though you're still not in the pipes...


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

"Frater Kolnikov, we are speaking here of an individual who conjured forth one of the elder evils so as to learn great and terrible secrets. A little rudeness would not rank highly among his many sins. As for the apothecary and the--" His friendly and open expression slips a bit for just a moment. "--fortune teller, perhaps they have found another entrance. Let us see."


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

"You know, I never realized just how smelly this town was. I mean, really! I am not certain that its a city of death, so much as a city of excrement." Valiard says, holding his nose against the smell of effluvium.

Valiard looks at the sluice gates for a moment, then turns to Mireza. "Those might work, but I don't relish having to climb up them to get inside. Do you think that we might be able to convince the Crow to make the climb and open the door from the inside for us?" Valiard finishes with a grin, still holding his nose, but then he gags as a bit of the stench gets to the back of his throat.

Aside from the smell, this looks like fun...skulking through a building that I cannot see the interior of...what are they hiding in there? I am almost itching to know. It has to be reasonably dark inside...there don't seem to be any real windows...yeah...

He stands still, his mind racing, staring at the gate. "So what do you think?"


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Grigor uses the most powerful weapon at his disposal... and simply knocked hard at the front door.

401 to 450 of 1,789 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Deepest Shadows Lie Longest - IC All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.