Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

The Deepest Shadows Lie Longest (Inactive)

Game Master Dreaming Warforged

Carrion Hill Module


351 to 400 of 1,789 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7

"Hm."Pathetic. Iozef turns and leaves, following the others to The Manor.


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

"I wouldn't call it Rag Manor," Mireza remarks to herself, looking up at the parapets as they enter the courtyard. "It looks more like they've hung out all their washing. It will never get dry in this weather, though."

She ducks into the tent with the others and, ignorant of the etiquette that assumes Grigor will speak first, responds simply, "Ghouls playing a game with a the Commander's head as a ball. The Old Man and a hunchback hermit dead. And a book." She turns her eyes invitingly to Iozef, holding the tome.


Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7

Iozef sighs at Mireza's explanation. Clearing his throat, "Madam Mireza speaks a bit bluntly, I fear. Nevertheless, she is right. Not only has the Commander perished, but all who followed him are dead as well. We've come across these names: Baskerwhel, Crove, Hyve, Marshan, and Myre. They were apparently part of a cult who labeled themselves, 'The Keepers of the Oldest'. They are also dead, we presume. It's truly difficult to tell with how disfigured the bodies have become. Now, along with that, we found this tome," Iozef shows the men the tome, "The Pnakotic Manuscripts. It is quite difficult to translate. It appears at one point it was originally Aklo, but after a multitude of translations, it is more gibberish than anything. It is what these five men used to summon this creature that intends to destroy everything in its path. Now, this creature is an ancient lord named Yog-Sothot that apparently has been in slumber for 2,000 years. And according to our information gathered, it has yet to gain strength which would lead us to the obvious of finding and destroying this creature as soon as possible. Because if it is weak now..." Iozef trails off, figuring all understand how much worse the situation can get if it's not taken care of quickly. Turning to the others, "Have I left anything out?"


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

"Iozef may be jumping to conclusions. Some of the summoners may yet live and be attempting to complete their...project.", Valiard comments from the shadows near the door.


Map

Blood drains from Heggry's face, and Dimyian draws closer as Iozef proceeds with his account and drops a few names.

His shoulders sag and his head drops slightly as he takes in the report.
"Yog-Sothot... What sort of madness have they drawn upon us..? Look, tell me what you need! You say the book is hard to translate. I can lend you my advisor. He can help you working through the book. Also, we now know two buildings have been destroyed, not in the same area, but the account indicates that the creature is invisible when attacking..."

Councilwoman Dimyian approaches Valiard from behind.

Perception DC 20:
"Valiard, a word when you get a chance."

Later Commander Feldk comes to see Grigor: "This is tragic. You've done well by Commander Garus Crow. He would have wanted you to have these..." He hands him the black ornate leather bracers Garus wore. (Bracers of armor +1)

Heggry looks at you all, waiting: "I need you. I can barely keep up with the frenzy with the Crows I have. I'm putting a reward, 5,000 crowns, for the destruction of this... nonsense."

He then turns to Dimyian: "These names... Could it be?"

Grand Lodge

Just back now chaps... will take me a while RL time


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Invisible. Mireza clicks her tongue with annoyance. No way to see it, then. And she had been so curious....


Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

Iozef nods in acceptance. "Very well, Mr. Heggry. I will accept the aide of your advisor. If we are able to have any form of success in translation, maybe we can find a way to stop this creature."

Iozef glances over at Councilwoman Dimyian and Valiard with a raised eyebrow, curious as to her intent.


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

Perception check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

"Could it be what, Mayor Heggry?"


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:32/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Back - no point in a big Grigor report - the continuity will be shot

Grigor gives a bare bones report that covers more or less what the others have said. He listens patiently for now.


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

Valiard turns and steps outside the tent. The rain continues unabated. Small rivulets pour off of Valiard's hood, and the damp begins to sink through his clothes despite the waterproofing.

Why is she so interested in getting her own information? She can just stand in here and get the report with the mayor? I wonder if she...or the mayor has connections with our list of names...

Know: Local (city council politics or connections between mayor/councilwoman and the list of names) 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

I shouldn't tell her anything that I haven't told the mayor...but maybe she knows something...something damaging that she wants to hide, or she wants to get ahead of the mayor and cover something up.


Map

Heggry nods at Iozef's acceptance. He points to a man in a long pruple robe, with scrolls and a quill in his hand: "Baveksh! Help them go through the document. Fast! They don't need to read the whole yard, just the good parts... Take my office in the manor."

He then turns to Windle, getting a tiny bit paler: "Well... It's just... These names, some are well known. The fact that relatives of well known families could be tied to this... I'll need solid proof." He then looks at Grigor, making sure he's heard.

Valiard steps out of the tent, followed by Dimyian.

Valiard Only:
Valiard only knows so much about politics, but for sure, the list contains well known names, and these are probably making political contributions to either one of them, possibly both. Dimyian has made it clear in the past she'd be running to take Heggry's place.

Dimyian follows Valiard outside: "Heggry's lost it! It's friends are up to their neck in dark magic and are bringing the city down. Plus he's wasting time trying to decipher some old book instead of finding the thing. Makes you wonder what his intentions are. Do you know what book they're talking about?"

You have pretty much four hours. Do you help with the book, or something else? Let me know. Whatever you do, make an appropriate roll.


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

Windle returns the Mayor's gaze for a tiny bit longer than would ordinarily be polite, his eyes piercing, before he nods once and relaxes. "Yes, of course. I should like to accompany your advisor, if I may. Having already given some slight assistance to Frater Kolnikov I may be able to do the same for Master Baveksh."

Linguistics check to Aid Another: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Sense Motive check to notice if Baveksh is acting suspiciously: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13

Feh. Clearly Windle is still preoccupied thinking about Marshan and Myre.


Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7

Iozef follows Baveksh into the Mayor's office in hopes to be a bit more successful in translating whatever they can of the tome.

Would Comprehend Languages work? Outside of that, I got nothing. I don't have Linguistics. It's trained only.


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:32/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Sounds good - should work


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

The scholars move off to pore over the book; Grigor confers with his fellow Crows, accepting the Commander's bracers; Valiard ducks out with the half-elf councilwoman. Mireza finds herself standing alone in the tent, slowly shifted up against the side curtain and away from the center of the action by the coming and going of couriers.

Nothing for her to do but sit around and wait for her mage armor to expire. :)


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

Like a rat on a corpse.

"You know Councilwoman...you are right, the mayor has lost it. This may be your chance to take charge. While the mayor sits up here in his tent, isolated, you have an opportunity to draw away all his support. But how to do it? You can't be seen to directly oppose the mayor in these challenging times...you would have to be seen as a source of confidence and stability, a viable and better alternative to his poor leadership. You can go to the guildmasters and directly reassure them that the investigation is proceeding and that there are suspects that your agents are ferreting out." Valiard falls silent for a moment, mulling over a thought.

"You know, ma'am...I had another thought. People are scared right now. It seems worse than the Night of a Thousand Crows...or the Baker's Blade Massacre. It feels like folks are on the edge of panic. You could reassure people and gain support among the populace by spending some time with them in the taverns and inns. Your presence there would let them know that you have faith in the town. Plus, if you become a target of this creature, you won't be in your own home...I forgot to mention that the creature seems to only have attacked homes so far."

"In any regard, what do you know of the names? Do you know these people's whereabouts or how they may be connected to the mayor? Were they financial supporters of his?" he asks intently.


Map

The Scholars:
The scholars find the secluded office of the mayor and transform it in a proper working place. Baveksh brings back a few books on translating Aklo as well as some magical potions allowing to understand unknown languages . The work is hard, but through the use of all your resources, you pierce its urgent secrets, knowing that tons of other secrets lie waiting in such a book.

In particular, one section of the book is marked by a red silk bookmark—indicating the beginning of a relatively lengthy discussion of how to use special rituals to open portals in key locations. This section has been heavily annotated in the same spidery script on the inside cover. You deduce that these “Keepers of the Oldest” were hoping to use the ritual described in the book to try to open a portal in the Sunless Grove to contact “spawn of the Dark Tapestry” and further enhance their knowledge of forbidden magic and arcane secrets.

A section near the end cautions those who would attempt this ritual, warning that forcing open such portals draws forth the spiritual essence of the casters, and that any entity contacted by the portal can make “hideous use of this essence by consuming it, growing
more powerful in the bargain, such that only the end of such essence can challenge the intruder’s rights upon your world.”

Knowledge (arcana) please.

Grigor:
Feldk seems to have a good hold of the men. They have accepted his leadership quite quickly. He seems to often argue with Mayor Heggry though and often looks tense. Commander Feldk eventually asks you to dive him a hand in giving orders to small squads of inexperienced Crows charged with controlling traffic.

Mireza:
After the conversation, you look at the back and forth ballet of courier coming and going with orders. The situation seem to very slowly get worse from what you can tell.

Valiard:
Dimyian looks at the herbalist with intrigued eyes: "Sounds like good advice, but for now, I'd prefer to stay near Heggry, for as much as think he's an idiot, I love my city and his failure would come at too high a cost. No, for now, what I need is information on what's really going on. What's that book you brought back? Why is it important?"

"As for your own questions: Keeper Myre could be Rupman Myre, the Middenstone Baron, or someone related to him. Hyve could be the scholar... That would fit in fact. And then there's Crove, keeper of madmen... May the gods protect us! I don't recall the two other names. Careful by the way, Myre is a close friend of Heggry..."


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:32/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

You let me know when or if the Mayor needs me again... , he paused, not quite used to saying it, Commander Feldk. I'll get out there and kick some arses until they keep their mind on the job and off any rumours of monsters.

He salutes Feldk and heads onto the streets... his manner is determined and resolved but inside, deep inside, it was a desperate grab at 'normality' as parts of his mind shrieked and gibbered in horror at rediscovering demons long thought drowned in a lake of alcohol.


Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7

Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

Windle has no ranks in Knowledge (arcana).


Map

Iozef:
You rummage the warning for a bit: “hideous use of this essence by consuming it, growing more powerful in the bargain, such that only the end of such essence can challenge the intruder’s rights upon your world.”

It would mean that opening a portal in this manner links the souls of those who open the portal to a creature on the far side, and the creature will grow more powerful if it can kill those who conjured it.

Conversely, if some other agent kills the conjurers (or sets their spirits beyond the reach of the conjured creature), that spiritual energy will be lost to the conjured creature. In this way, it should be possible to weaken a summoned creature by killing the conjurers before it can do the same.

And if all involved in the summoning can be killed before the creature gets to them, it would be banished back to the Dark Tapestry...


Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7

Iozef reads and rereads the section at the end. "Hideous use of this essence by consuming it... hideous use of this essence by consuming it... growing more powerful..." As he mouths the sentence again and again--while at the same time turning it over within his mind in an attempt to process it--it suddenly hits him. Iozef immediately looks to the others. "The men involved in the calling of this beast are not all dead. It is imperative we find them before the creature does. If this 'thing' does find them first, then I assure you, there will be no stopping it." He states with a stern look.


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

"To be honest, I have no idea what is in the book. The priest and the inspector were going to see if they could translate anything in it...apparently it is written in some long dead language."

"You know that I grew up in this city? That I have many customers and friends here that I care deeply about? I have to ask, because I don't want to see this city destroyed...what are you going to do to help? For example, could you get me in to see Myre, Hyve or Cove?"


Map

Valiard:
Dimyian frowns slightly: "Mmmh... I wish I'd know what that book said. Sounds like it could be important. Will you let me know? Meanwhile, I'll keep an eye on him and support his work. As for access, if it's THE Myre, Hyve and Cove, they're easy enough to find, as their addresses are known and displayed, but I don't have access to them, if you know what I mean. I know Myre is a good friend and supporter of Heggry..."

The scholars come out and back to the tent, to join with Grigor, Valiard and Mireza.

Please note I'll be away Friday through Sunday.


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

Windle is speechless as he too struggles to grasp the concepts Iozef is explaining. "The text states that 'the end of such essence can challenge the intruder's rights' as well. This seems to indicate that the creature remains as long as its summoners are alive; does it fall to us to find them and slay them before the creature can?"


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:32/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Still playing but just have me doing my thang' off screen so to screem


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

"I will press him on it. That way we will see how he responds and get a better feeling for how much support he plans on providing. If you don't mind Councilwoman, I will return to the tent and talk with you later."

Valiard moves back inside the tent, flipping down his hood and letting the water drip down off of his cloak near the entrance. He nods to Mireza and moves to stand near her, off to one side and out of the way of the bustling functionaries.

Should I bother her? Does she even really care about the politics of the city?


Map

Valiard:
As you depart, she last says: "I'm counting on you, heck! The whole city is counting on you! Keep me apprised. I feel there is more to this story..." She then leaves the courtyard, disappearing in the city's rainy streets.


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

"Apothecary," she smiles at him in greeting before looking back at the increasingly-frenetic coming and goings of the mayor's men. "If they all trailed silk like a spider, this tent would be one huge web none would ever escape." She glances back up at his face, frowning at the mess of scabbed-over ghoul slash above his eyebrow. "Can they find no one to heal you while we watch them scurry? You're not as pleasant to look at as you were."


Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7
Windle Thetra wrote:
Windle is speechless as he too struggles to grasp the concepts Iozef is explaining. "The text states that 'the end of such essence can challenge the intruder's rights' as well. This seems to indicate that the creature remains as long as its summoners are alive; does it fall to us to find them and slay them before the creature can?"

Iozef looks to Windle stoically, the room seeming to become eerily silent, "Yes, Mr. Thetra, it does." Iozef let's the reality of the situation sink in for a moment and then mentally collects himself--knowing this is no time for weakness--and gathers up the book and stores it within his pack. "Thank you for your assistance, Baveksh. It's time Mr. Thetra and I return to the others, now that we know what it is we must do. Good day." He gives a slight nod and then turns and leaves.

Did I not heal you, Valiard? It's possible I missed you because I don't really remember if I healed you or not. If not, let me know and will take care of it IC.


Map

And Grigor is infected...


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

Windle follows the cleric out, but turns to look back at the Mayor's advisor, his eyes hard. "I trust you will not speak further of this until we have matters in hand."

Intimidate check: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

Valiard rubs at his forehead and most of the grime and blood come away in a reddish dirty streak on his hand, revealing a fine white scar with faint brusing and a crust of dried blood around it.

He looks at his hand for a moment, thinking back to the fight. "It doesn't feel that bad, how does it look? This was the slash from after the paralysis wore off." He turns to Mireza and while holding his forelocks back, lowers his forehead so she can get a better look.

"You know the worst thing is that I can't tell which way the webs are going...which is why I am an apothecary and not a politician. Herbs over words..." He grimaces then lowers his voice and whispers to her, just trying to be loud enough so he can only just be heard over the drumming of the rain on the tent.

"In any regard, the Councilwoman keeps pumping me for information. She thinks that the Mayor is too involved with the people on the list, especially Myre, who she says is a good friend of his. It could be a serious issue, or it could be her just trying to get information to use against the Mayor...who knows. To be honest, I don't care who is Mayor, as long as taxes don't go up and there aren't rampaging slime monsters in the street..."


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

Mireza reaches up to let her fingertips trace along the line of the scar and smiles. "Better," she tells him. Her gaze grows harder as he tells her about the Councilwoman. "Why does she draw you aside to ask you such things in private?" she whispers. "What hold does she have on you, or thinks she does, that you become her informant? Was it her influence that involved you in all this? Are you her man on the team? And whose are the rest of us? The Crow I understand, and even the priests. What do they gain by sending an apotheary and a fortune teller against a monster?"


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

"I don't know why she seems to feel that she needs to talk to me privately. I have known her for a number of years...providing her monthly herbal teas and such...so perhaps she feels that I am trustworthy, or she feels that familiarity gives her some leeway?"

"She isn't paying me anything and since we don't really know anything, I don't feel that there is a conflict of interest. I don't plan on giving her any information that she can use for her own gain...this isn't the time or place for her to play political games. I thought that she might be persuaded to go and be a calming influence on the guilds and common-folk, but she didn't want to go, she felt that she needed to stick around and keep an eye on the mayor."

"As for why us? Who knows...madness...desperation...cunning?"


Map

Baveksh, as Windle and Iozef are about to depart, looks offended: "of course I will not tell everyone! Who do ypu think I am? ... In any case, there could be more potent information in that book. I could keep searching it for clues and send a messenger to keep you informed? Leave the book with me." He extends a hand.


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

Mireza turns her eyes back toward the busy officials. "I knew only the Commander, and that not by my own choice. The elf-woman might have placed you on the team hoping you would dance to her tune rather than the Mayor's, but why did they call on me? Who brought up a simple fortune-teller in such high society? Unless they are hoping simply to be rid of me by placing me in the way of a fight I have no hope to win?"


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

"Maybe they just wanted to have representation from commoners. Niether of us are rich, in a guild or of noble birth, so perhaps they needed us as a symbol?"

"In any regard, I am glad that you are here, for the astute conversations and sharp insight, not to mention your help in the Sunless Grove. If we keep our eyes and ears open, we should be able to keep from being thrown to the wolves."

"You know, I just had a thought...if Myre and the Mayor were such close friends...do you think that the Mayor might have been involved in the summoning and he is playing us to clean up his mess? 5,000 crowns is a lot of money to throw around. That could buy....around 300 pounds of cloves, which is one of the most expensive spices that I carry."


Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7

Iozef stops in his tracks, thinks on it a moment, then turns to face Baveksh. Retrieving the book from his pack, he walks back over to him. "Very well. I trust you will take extreme care with this tome, Mr. Baveksh. And know that I am not comfortable leaving such a treasure with you, yet, I cannot deny the truth of your words. And I've not the time to decipher it myself due to the urgency of our situation. Take extreme care of this, Mr. Baveksh." With that, he hands the book to him and turns and takes his leave. "I'll be looking for those messengers with any new information, Mr. Baveksh!" He says without looking back.


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:32/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

on travel for the next 2 days


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3
Valiard Tessar wrote:

"Maybe they just wanted to have representation from commoners. Niether of us are rich, in a guild or of noble birth, so perhaps they needed us as a symbol?"

"In any regard, I am glad that you are here, for the astute conversations and sharp insight, not to mention your help in the Sunless Grove. If we keep our eyes and ears open, we should be able to keep from being thrown to the wolves."

"You know, I just had a thought...if Myre and the Mayor were such close friends...do you think that the Mayor might have been involved in the summoning and he is playing us to clean up his mess? 5,000 crowns is a lot of money to throw around. That could buy....around 300 pounds of cloves, which is one of the most expensive spices that I carry."

Mireza frowns a little as she contemplates the harried mayor, surrounded by his underlings. "If he were the Keepers' keeper, would it matter? To your 'friend,' of course," she says a bit cattily, "to whom you would hand the dagger whose blade is at his throat. But unless we can send the creature home they invited out to play, will it matter much who is to blame? Who will there be to call him to account if the city is crushed? Who will remember?" She looks back at Valiard. "What would one do with three hundred pounds of cloves?"


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

Huh, my post yesterday in response to Baveksh seems to have been eaten.

Windle pauses at Baveksh's request, looking back at the man and studying him carefully. "I would prefer that the book remain in the care of the Ossuary Temple archives; you may study it there, however."

Sense Motive check on the advisor: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

But not carefully enough.


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

"I guess you are saying "who cares?" We need to deal with what we have before us rather than borrowing more trouble? If that is your meaning, that is very wise council." Valiard nods thoughtfully.

"As for the cloves, you know, I am not really sure. I would assume that you would smoke some of it. You could put some on the outside of oranges and ham that you would have imported at the same time. Bake?"


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

She nods. "If the city is still here tomorrow or the next day, there will be time to find someone to blame. When people are no longer afraid for their lives, they will become angry about their losses, and if there is any chance the Mayor has been caught in his own web, I'm sure your 'friend' will help us expose him." She smiles aside at Valiard slyly. "The three things that motivate everyone: life, prosperity, and love. We fought to save our lives; now the Mayor tempts us to go back with the promise of coin. What of the third? If you deliver what the elf-woman wants, what will she owe you? Or if she becomes mayor, what favors could she offer the merchant who becomes her lover? Is she your prize, or are you hers?"


Map

Baveksh tries to look not offended, but fails: "No, no, it's fine. I understand... Leave it there for me. In fact, let's just go right away and I'll start as soon as I can, in case there's more."

He pauses a moment and offers: "I hope you find those "Keepers before that thing does. It will grow stronger with every death... And from what you've told me, it's ahead by two... Who are you going to get first?"


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:32/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Grigor keeps himself busy by barking and growling orders at disorganised crows, all the while avoiding dark thoughts.

I haven't prepped any spells - deliberately - how much quiet time do I need to prep spells?


Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7

Hearing Baveksh's question, Iozef stops just as he's about to walk out the door. This is not some game, fool! He thinks to himself as he clenches his jaw in an attempt to calm himself. Realizing this is not the time nor the place, Iozef continues out the door and back to the others to relate to them what he and Windle have learned.


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:32/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

I am going to assume that about 30 mins has passed at this point

After bringing 'Intimidation' to Chaos, and turning it into something that resembles order, he sidles surreptitiously into an alley and makes good use of his flask... leaving but mouthful in the bottom.

Gods... not again! I swore I would leave all of 'that' behind, his mind reeled again as he reviewed not only the horrors of the day but of his ill fated investigations in Caliphas.

He wept silently.

After a time he got control of himself, wiped his face and finished his flask.

Washburn!, he yelled at the Watchman who he saw guarding the destroyed house he had found the Commander at earlier that day, I'm heading into the this inn here for about a hour... Send on anyone looking for me.

He glowered at the assembled watchmen, many of who gave him a cynical, 'knowing' look until they turned back to their business, and ignored the whispered comments they made amongst themselves.

Within moments, he had the innkeep refill his flask with 'the strongest liquor behind the bar' and secured use of the inn's single guest room and started to prepare the 'witchery' he had learned years ago and thought best forgotten.

Memorising 'Detect Abberation' and 'Know the Enemy'. This will put me at about 90 minutes from my last post if you want to come find me.


Map

I'll be away again until Wednesday night, with limited access to Internet.

351 to 400 of 1,789 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Deepest Shadows Lie Longest - IC All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.