Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


The Deepest Shadows Lie Longest (Inactive)

Game Master Dreaming Warforged

Carrion Hill Module


251 to 300 of 1,789 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

"Best we keep an eye on that wound. I can't cast remove disease yet, but Iozef might be able to. If not, I have a scroll of the spell."


Map

Grigor, that's right, you did save, but that save is for the bite infection.

Mireza:
Yarresh is somewhat known to you as an opportunistic thieve who deals in small stuff. He is said to roam the tunnels under Carrion Hill, looking for easy plunders and easy feed.

The others are not familiar to you, but they look like former city workers, probably snatched in the tunnels. They could possibly have been Yarresh's little band.


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

"Alas, poor Yarresh," Mireza murmurs, looking down at the twice-dead man. "But he and his band wouldn't have needed those bedrolls...." She approaches the altar behind the Pharasmin inquisitor and, as he peruses the ghoul's book, looks around for anywhere the ghoulish gang might have kept their stash. "Hud," she says, passing her fingertips before her eyes, and adds arcane sight to mundane.

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18; casting detect magic to look for magical auras in the area as well


Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7

As the paralyzation wears off, Iozef reaches in his pack for his wand. Moving to Grigor, "Did the creature bite you?" He asks as he causes the Crow's sword to light up again, and then uses the wand to heal the man's wounds. Wand of CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

As his wounds seem to close up nicely, "There. That should do it." Iozef then turns to the others, "For that matter, were any of the rest of you bitten?" He asks as he continues his work on healing them all up in turn.

I'm guessing your hp total is correct, Valiard, so that's what I'm going by.

For Valiard: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

For Windle: (I got Windle at 19 hp's(not 11), looking back at the thread

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Wand: 4/50 charges used


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

Down 4 from the first shot from #1 in Round 1, 6 from the second pair of claws from #1 in Round 2, and down 12 from Yarresh in Round 3, for loss of 22 out of 33.


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

Mireza healed you 8 hps right here on Monday.

Mireza wrote:

"...and the old priest," Mireza sighs across the bond to her spider. Nearer the stairs up, she notes, harboring no intentions of making a glorious last stand. 'Sole survivor,' she had told herself before the descent, although she would be sorry not to catch a glimpse of whatever had done its work on the surface; it hadn't been these mere walking corpses, certainly. Something less ... human, in scope and form and outlook. As the spider, with a flash of exasperation, runs down Grigor's boot and scuttles across the floor in front of Iozef to Windle's trouser leg, she unleashes her healing hex again through her familiar's tiny body and then takes a few steps nearer the staircase herself, should the young priest be the next to be frozen and leave no one between herself and the hungry undead.

Standard: healing hex on Windle 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (2, 1) + 5 = 8; Move to q 4

Spider: Stealth 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (18) + 17 = 35; Move through l 5 & m 4 to l 3; deliver touch hex

Sorry, Windle; apparently Mireza's mysterious patron isn't fond of Pharasmins ... or inquisitors. :P


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

You're right; it's been a week. Sorry I missed that.


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

The bastard got me with a nasty nip, not complaining as much as reporting.


Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7

Iozef returns and examines it, an impassive look upon his face. "It is possible you have contracted its fever." Turning his attention to Windle, "Mr. Thetra, I fear I did not prepare that one for this day. I would recommend you use your scroll."

Feeling as that's taken care of, he immediately turns and moves towards Mireza in his typical studious manner. Stopping in an instant just a few feet from her, "Madam Mireza, what do you know of this creature? This... Yarresh, as he called himself. And what did you mean by: 'But he and his band wouldn't have needed those bedrolls'?"


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

"Ssssh!" she tells him insistently, throwing up her hand to warn him off until she has finished her examination of the area; then she turns toward the priest a little vacantly. "Yarresh. Thief. Works the tunnels under the city. Only small and easy jobs; that's how he avoided much notice from the Crows. Snatched his own gang: city workers from the tunnels, those who came down alone or lagged behind. Bit them," her eyes turn to Grigor, "waited for them to die ... and wake up again. But the dead don't sleep, do they?" she turns her attention back to Iozef. "Don't sleep, never dream, I thought. Shouldn't have been their bedrolls and digging equipment upstairs. Surely wasn't them that snatched the Crows from the street, crushed them and bled them. Wasn't them took the Commander." She surveys the half-eaten body on the altar and the mangled head that was the ghoul's plaything. "Wonder who was winning."


Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7

Iozef eyes her warily. Following her gaze towards the commander, Iozef immediately moves and retrieves the commander's head, covering it up. He then takes it over to where his body lay so he can examine both.

Heal: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 Looking for any kind of marks or something that might help in identifying what might have killed him. Maybe not possible if the ghouls ate most of him already, but, might as well try.


Map

You proceed to inspect the room, the book, the corpse and look for magical auras.

At its end, the room contains a shallow pool of slimy water, leading to a grove of three petrified trees surrounding a limestone altar. To the right, a small passage leads to a room where five bedrolls are laid. The room shows hasty departure and different books and items lay a bit everywhere. From the look of it, these were used by the same people.

On the altar, you find the remains of Commander Garus and a thick dusty tome. The book itself is relatively large, weighing 10 pounds and consisting of about 500 pages of thin parchment. The cover bears a large inset crystal and a series of metal insect-like clasps along its edges allow to lock it down. The language, ancient and twisted, is Aklo, the foul language of the Darklands.

Besides the Commander's body, you find two more, badly torn and twisted. One you identify quickly as Old Marshan... They both wear dark cloaks with hoods, bearing the same spiral symbol you saw upstairs on their front.

The body of Garus shows the same signs of being torn and twisted as the Crows found upstairs. It is coated heavily in slimy liquid and was perhaps stuck in the body of whatever attacked him.

Mireza inspects the room for aura, moving slowly to discern the threads. She finds a ring and a cloak on Yarresh, bracers on on Garus, and a scimitar lies at the bottom of the pool.


Map

Most of you suffer from paralysis after-effects and adrenaline withdrawal. You show many gashes and slashes and are quite shook from this near death encounter.


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Grigor stips the unnamed corpse of his cloak and then moves back to the body of his Commander. He lays the cloak on the floor and then tenderly rolls the body into it and wraps it. He then searches the floor for the head and also rolls it into the bundle, securing and tying the buddle with stout string from his belt.

He then stands and confronts the group. Now that he is standing everyone can see, though his expression is grim and stonefaced, tears roll down his cheeks.

I want to track this... 'thing' and I want it bad, he said thickly, but I before I do a gods damned thing, I am taking my Commander, out of this dark and filth, up those stairs and into the light to... to his men.


Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7

As the pain of his wounds alerts him he hasn't healed himself, Iozef takes his wand back out and proceeds to do so.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

One more for Windle: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 42/50 charges left

Replacing it back within his pack, "These bodies do need to be properly buried," he says as Grigor takes up the commander's body. An idea then pops into his head, "Mr. Vachov, there is a way I can speak with the commander that could possibly aid us in finding out what happened to him. Being your commander, I would ask you if you would allow it, thereby avoiding any offense in the matter. If not, I could attempt to speak with Mr. Marshan. The commander might be a bit more intelligent on the matter, though."


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

"There's a magic sword under the water," Mireza remarks to no one in particular.

She intends to wait either until Grigor departs with Garus' corpse or until he is distracted by Iozef speaking with dead or by trying to retrieve the scimitar from the pool before she takes the ring and cloak off the ghoul to attempt to identify them. I assure you, she is not going to be one of those PCs who try to horde magic items from the party, but at this point, she assumes that Grigor, as a Crow, will try to confiscate everything as evidence or stolen property or the like so she's trying to avoid his notice.


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

I'll not have his corpse riddled with sorceries... ask the other corpse. He grunts, hefting the body.

I will be back within half a turn of an hour glass... no latter

With that he starts up the stairs.


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

Windle sits, catching his breath and making sure his wounds healed cleanly before standing up and working the last of the paralysis effects out. Filthy things.... "Thank you, Iozef. And thank you, Mireza--at least, I presume that friendly spider was yours." He begins the introductory gestures for a spell, then pauses. "Have either of you looked for arcane or divine auras here?"


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

"Thank you.", Valiard says to Iozef after the application of the wand.

Valiard fades into the background, letting himself be overlooked by the party as they putter about the large room.

Move silently 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Valiard moves about the edges of the room, looking for an continuation of the trail of slime or anything out of the ordinary.

Perception: careful search 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

I missed a mention of where the trail ended.


Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7

Iozef nods to them both in response to their thanks. "I have not, Mr. Thetra. Madam Mireza may have, though." He then turns his attention to the remaining dead. "Seeing how Mr. Vachkov will be a while, I will attempt to speak with Mr. Marshan; to see if he can shed any light on what is was that did this to them. That is, of course, he has anything left to speak with." He states as a matter of fact.

Not sure if he has a mouth left to speak with or not. If so, will cast Speak with dead.


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

"There's a magic sword under the water," Mireza repeats, turning her eyes toward Windle, "and the Crow just walked out of here with magic bracers on the Commander's wrists." She kneels next to the remains of Yarresh and tugs off the ring and cloak to try to identify.

Spellcraft (ring) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Spellcraft (cloak) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

Windle pauses by the body of his parents' old guard. Marshan, you idiot, what were you doing? Lady, judge him kindly, even if he doesn't deserve it. He turns away and picks up the book.

"Frater Kolnikov, how is your Aklo?"


Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7

Iozef turns to Windle just before he ascertains if he's able to even attempt his endeavor. "It is no less than perfect, Mr. Thetra. Why do you ask?" He looks at him curiously.


Map

Valiard finds the trail of slime goes cold when it reaches the pond. After, there is a wet trace that lasts but a few meters.

In the abandoned camp, you find books on dark and esoteric subjects. most written in Aklo, as well as hand-written notes, in Aklo as well, and very hard to decipher. (Linguistics please.)

The big book on the altar bears the title: The Pnakotic Manuscripts (Knowledge (arcana) please.) On the inside cover, an inscription: “May we, the Keepers of the Oldest, prevail over the scourge of simplistic thought and lesser men.” Beneath are five signatures:

  • Keeper Baskerwhel
  • Keeper Crove
  • Keeper Hyve
  • Keeper Marshan
  • Keeper Myre

One section of the book is marked by a red silk bookmark. This section has been heavily
annotated in the same script on the inside cover.

It would take a few hours of study to get more out of the notes and the book.

***
Grigor reaches the surface, meeting the relieved face of the waiting Crows. "Are you the only one that made it... sir?" You've never been called sir.


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

DM:
Any results from Mireza's Spellcraft rolls above?
Quote:
Spellcraft (ring) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18 Spellcraft (cloak) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

Knowledge (local) to recognize the other signatures in the book 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Map

Mireza:
Sorry! Ring of Swimming and a Cloak of Protection +1.

Mireza is not familiar with any of the names, except for Waldur Crove. He is well known as
the warden of Crove’s Asylum, a building located in the Crown that the Crows have long used to dispose of lunatics and the insane too dangerous to keep in regular prisons.


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

DM:
Don't mean to be a bother, but is that 'cloak of protection' (AC bonus) or 'cloak of resistance' (save bonus)? Cloak of protection would be nonstandard; just want to be sure you haven't mistyped.

Mireza flicks away a gobbet of undead flesh that clung to the inside of the ring when she wrenched it off the ghoul's finger and strolls up to Valiard at the edge of the pond. "You want the sword?" she asks him, holding out the ring flat on her palm. "This will help you swim to get it." Ring of swimming. Doesn't have to be final distribution of goods, but the young, healthy man seems a better bet for diving into a pond to retrieve the scimitar than an aging inquisitor or a cloistered cleric.


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

"I fear my only knowledge of Aklo are those elements that contributed to Undercommon, and the book here demands a far greater proficiency with the tongue."

Thinking back on his interactions with Marshan since coming to Carrion Hill, does Windle remember anything that might have in hindsight indicated what the old guard was doing?


Map

Mireza:
Mistyped: Resistance.

Windle, it's very hard to say. He did adventure in some dark and scary place, but he never showed a "wrong kind" of interest. Then again, a secret society is sometimes... Secret.


Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7

Iozef's attention becomes sidetracked when Windle shows him the book. "Hm. Interesting. Let's have a look, shall we?" He peruses through the book to see if he can ascertain it's content.

Linguistics is trained only, I believe. Not sure. I actually speak Aklo. Does that count? If not, would comprehend languages work? Will go ahead and roll Linguistics anyway, just in case.

Linguistics: (Untrained) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Grigor blinked back tears as he entered the gloomly sunlight.

The others are poking about. We still hunt the damned thing that did... this... to our own.

He carried the mangled package to the tent that had been set aside for the other Crows and laid the body gently within.

Grigor then takes a step backwards and salutes the body, and then turns to the Sergeant.

We ain't finished yet... but I had to get him out of that place and back to his own men. I'm headed back in.

After waiting a few heartbeats for the Sergeant's reply, he turns back to the ruined house and back into the dark.


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

"As it happens, though it's not a topic that those like me specialize in, I've studied linguistics. If you'll translate the Aklo for me, we may be able to riddle this out."

Linguistics check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

"Something happened to the slime creature...here in this pool, you can see that the trail ends here. Thank you for the ring Mireza. I am not the strongest swimmer, and though the pool looks shallow, if I drown in it, I would be upset that I had refused your aid." Valiard slips the ring on his finger, then as he wades out into the pool, watching his footing, and not trusting the uncertain feel of the bottom of the pool.

"The slime trail seems to come to a stop in this pool, but there does appear to be a faint trail of water leading that way. You know, I wonder if this isn't the final form of the slime creature?"

Valiard reaches down to grasp the sword on the bottom of the pool.


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

I'll be back in when the DM posts an appropriate period has passed


Map

Iozef:
You can't make out the scribblings. The Pnakotic Manuscript is a very... very ancient book. This is but a copy of a copy, at least, perhaps even a translation of a translation. Never heard there existed anything other copy than that. The book is rumored to contain dark knowledge of power beyond the stars...

Grigor:
Sergeant Feldk takes the remain with care and lays them on the table. His eyes are filled with tears and he stays in front of the body, stunned and speechless as you make your way back. You reach the group as they lay mostly around the manuscript, ready to head out.

Windle:
Deciphering the book would need more time. Iozef seem to know his stuff, but the fact that you don't have firsthand knowledge of Aklo is limiting. Once at the surface, with access to some other books perhaps.

Valiard:
You get the sword from the pool, which turns out to be a scimitar. The trail points to the only passage that is not blocked. There are bars of metal, like the other passages, but these have been forced by something moving out of the crypt. These passages are like maze under the city. The trail is cold for now...


Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7

As he looks through the book, Iozef continues to try and see if he is able to read any of it. Speaking without ever looking up, "I fear I cannot make this out, Mr. Thetra." He turns a page. "This isn't Aklo. Well, it's possible it is, it's just very, very old. And only a copy of another." He turns another page. "Which, in turn, has caused the translation to be garbled. It's highly possible it was Aklo originally. I've heard rumors of this tome, though. It is said that this book contains a dark knowledge of power beyond even the stars." He then looks up at Windle. "Quite fascinating, wouldn't you say? Do you mind if I keep the book, Mr. Thetra? Or do you wish to?" He holds it out for him to take back if desired. "At a later date, we can take the time to study it more in depth. The knowledge contained within must be extraordinary." He says as his mind churns on the possibilities.


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

The inquisitor shakes his head. "I can think of no place better for this than your archives, Frater Kolnikov." He turns to look at Yarresh's body. "It occurs to me to wonder how it is that a ghoul was capable of reading that, but that is also a question for another day...along with the question of where Marshan and the others obtained the tome."


Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7

Iozef nods, "Thank you." He places the book within his pack. As Windle finishes speaking, Iozef remembers what he was going to do. "Ah yes! Questions. I'm glad you mentioned that. Now, I can attempt to speak to Mr. Marshan and ask him such. But, it will take some time and I cannot guarantee his answers will profit us. Furthermore, I can only ask him a question or two. Time might or might not be of the essence at this point. But if Mr. Marshan does give us any form of useful information, it may well help us defeat this 'thing'. I firmly believe that knowledge does hold the key to victory. Nevertheless, what say you all?"

I can cast Speak with Dead. (DC 17) We only get 2 questions, though. And it takes 10 minutes to cast. Yes? No? Of course, this all depends if he even has a mouth left. It'll be an easy decision if he doesn't. :P


Map

The body is heavily damaged. The spell might work, but the message might be garbled.


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3
Valiard Tessar wrote:

"Something happened to the slime creature...here in this pool, you can see that the trail ends here. Thank you for the ring Mireza. I am not the strongest swimmer, and though the pool looks shallow, if I drown in it, I would be upset that I had refused your aid." Valiard slips the ring on his finger, then as he wades out into the pool, watching his footing, and not trusting the uncertain feel of the bottom of the pool.

"The slime trail seems to come to a stop in this pool, but there does appear to be a faint trail of water leading that way. You know, I wonder if this isn't the final form of the slime creature?"

"Did it come to here or from here?" Mireza wonders, watching Valiard wade into the pond. "An altar, a book, men in funny robes who think they're so much smarter than everyone else... could they have summoned something up and found it didn't share their high opinion of themselves? Saw them as no different than the other funny little creatures it crushed and twisted to see what color they were inside?"


Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7

Iozef examines the body in an attempt to discern whether or not it can speak. Shaking his head in doubt, "Nevermind. I do not think we will get much from him. That is why I would have liked to have attempted it with the commander. His mouth was at least in tact. I'm afraid Mr. Marshan's is too badly damaged. It's possible I could get some answers, but there's no telling if it would intelligible." Turning away from the dead man, "So I guess we wait for Mr. Vachkov." Iozef then notices Valiard wading. "Mr. Tessar, what are you doing?" He looks at him curiously.


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Grigor stomps back into the room.

Anything come out of this mess? he asked peering down at Marshan... I think... I might know this one but his face is a damned mess - his name escapes me.

He straightens and looks around.

I know that, well... you are... well... the Mayor is either calling in a 'marker' or giving you one for this but... I just want to thank you for helping us get the Commander back.

I figure whatever happens, between now and us killing the bastard thing, you're on your own account now. I just want 'it' dead.

So... what do you know know you didn't earlier?


Map

I'm around. Important conversations to finish. Please note I'll be out of touch from Friday to Sunday night.


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

"It seems that, contrary to the impression one might gain from the library above, Marshan and four others--Baskerwhel, Crove, Hyve, and Myre--had access to true occult power through the text that the ghoul leader was reading when we arrived. Are any of those names known to any of you?

"I suspect on negligible evidence that they had access to the surface via another route, they obtained the building above because they knew it sat on the entrance we used, and they worked to clear that entrance from below. Then something happened. Perhaps it is as Mireza said: they called up that which they could not put down, and paid the price for their temerity. It is more important right now for us to find the creature and deal with it.

"Frater Kolnikov, I would counsel you to attempt your spell. Garbled words may still provide some useful information; I suggest you ask what the creature is, and what he thinks it will be doing now."


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

"Waldur Crove," Mireza responds to the inquisitor, still waiting for Valiard to make his way out of the pond. "King of the asylum. The Crow should know," she turns her mismatched eyes on Grigor. "The warden who keeps those who have lost their sanity and the criminals they fear even to put in prison. Up on the Crown."


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

Windle shows no particular reaction to Mireza's comment, but replies quietly, "That is not good news. Places such as that--the oubliettes of society, where we put those whose existence we wish to forget--well, we do not look closely at that which we wish to forget, so it becomes all too easy to conceal all manner of secrets behind those walls."


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

Valiard sloshes his way out of the pool. The mix of slime and water fouling the bottom of his cloak, leaving a dark stain. He holds out the blade to Mireza as he approaches, hilt first.

"I am not certain why the blade was in the pool. Perhaps it was stuck in the slime?" Valiard shrugs, and points over his shoulder. "The pool is very shallow, more of a puddle than a spring pool. I don't think that the creature came from this pool. It seems like getting it wet made it slimy though. Let me show you."

Valiard walks over to the remaining passage, pointing to the bars. "It looks like the creature came this way initially, forcing the bars on the way out. The trail that we followed becomes faint as it approaches this passage. I can't tell if it is coming or going though...I can't track."

Valiard looks for tool marks on the bars indicating that the workers bent them rather than the creature. Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

Spellcraft (scimitar) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23


Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7

Iozef ponders Windle's suggestion. Looking toward the mangled body of Old Marshan, then returning his gaze to Windle, "As bad a shape as Mr. Marshan's body is in, this could all be for naught. But very well, make yourselves comfortable, this will take some time." Iozef moves over next to Old man Marshan's body, sits down and crosses his legs while keeping his back as straight as a board.

Casts Speak with dead.


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9
Mireza wrote:
"Waldur Crove," Mireza responds to the inquisitor, still waiting for Valiard to make his way out of the pond. "King of the asylum. The Crow should know," she turns her mismatched eyes on Grigor. "The warden who keeps those who have lost their sanity and the criminals they fear even to put in prison. Up on the Crown."

That snake pit?, he gumbled, Damn... if he's involved it can get tricky... he's got 'friends' I'm guessing.

So... nothing more on the tracks?, sounding hopeful as he tried to follow them himself.

Survival 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29 (+2 if Aberration, +4 if Human

251 to 300 of 1,789 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Deepest Shadows Lie Longest - IC All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.