Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

The Deepest Shadows Lie Longest (Inactive)

Game Master Dreaming Warforged

Carrion Hill Module


201 to 250 of 1,789 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Map

Surprise Round
Taking in the horrid sight, Iozef heart races but his visage remains impassive and determined. He then takes a few steps closer, preparing to bring Pharasma's judgement on these abominations.

Iozef:
These are certainly ghouls: undead whose touch can paralyze and transmit a disease called ghoul fever.

Though there's no one to tell except the ghouls, Windle's expression is nearly identical to Iozef's as he advances on the depraved undead, readying his mace for the attack.

"Arfwisg," Mireza says from her position on the steps, her hand ducking into a pocket of her scarf to finger a scrap of cured leather.

”You BASTARDS!!!!” Grigor's voice was laden with loss and filled with rage.
Grigor draws his other short sword as he charges one of the creatures. The blade sinks deep as the ghoul looks with feasting eyes on the surprise visit. (Standard action only on the surprise round, and shortswords crit on a 19)

Like a shadow detaching from a wall Valiard makes his presence known, stepping out of a niche near one of the pillars. His concealing cloak muffling his movement from view, all that is seen in the half light is his hand, flicking a shape towards one of the ghouls. The blade sinks in the monster’s neck, rendering it limp and sending it to the floor. (Ghoul 4 is incapacitated)

Round 1: The Ghouls
”Oh Yeah! Fun! They look TASTY!!!” are the words the ghouls greet you with as they move forward to engage you. Their grey skin is taut on the skeletons. Teeth and nails have taken an unnatural size, scraps of fresh flesh still stuck from their previous meal.

Secret Rolls:

1-W (19)
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4; 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 ; 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18; 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
2-G (19)
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 ; 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 ; 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12; 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
3-G (19)
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 ; 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 ; 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21; 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
5-V (17)
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 ; 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 ; 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14; 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
6-V (17)
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12; 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 ; 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21; 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

A single ghoul moves to engage Windle. It shrieks as it lashes with teeth and nails. A claw catches him on the wrist, sending pain through his body. (-4 hp, Fortitude save DC 13 or paralysed 1d4 ⇒ 2 rounds)

Two ghouls move on Grigor, one of them saying to the other: ”This time, I get the eyes, ok?!” They prove lucky as three of their combined blows manage to bleed the crow. (-16 hp, 3x Fortitude save DC 13 or paralysed 1d4 ⇒ 2 rounds; 1d4 ⇒ 1 rounds; 1d4 ⇒ 2 rounds)

The last two ghouls playing football (or soccer as they call it in Andoran) converge on the shadow of Valiard: ”Where did you come from, pretty boy? Wanna join us for lunch?”. Their fury seems too much for the man, as they also find holes and manage to get through his defenses. Blood sprays on the nearby column as he gets hit three times. (-9 hp, 3x Fortitude save DC 13 or paralysed 1d4 ⇒ 4 rounds; 1d4 ⇒ 1 rounds; 1d4 ⇒ 3 rounds)

The last ghoul stays in the back, seemingly absorbed in his book: ”Quiet please!”

Map
All are up for round 1 actions. I suggest we get the saves done first, to see where that leaves the others. Then it’s the ghouls again!


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:32/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

I roll everything (POTENTIAL crits included) in the one set of rolls. I know they crit on 19-20... I just cover the spread in a single set of rolls.

3 Fort Saves.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7

Too late. Iozef thinks to himself with frustration as the majority of the group gets torn up by the ghouls. "Beware their touch! It will paralyze and bring disease upon you!" He informs them all. Just before he calls upon Pharasma, "You are all abominations of all that is right. Feel Pharasma's wrath upon you." He says with determination as he then becomes a conduit for her divine energy.

Channel energy to harm the undead: (DC 14 Will) 3d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 4) = 8


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

I don't like ghouls...

Fort 1 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Fort 2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Fort 3 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Valiard ducks and weaves, his cloak a blur around him as the hideous creatures rip at him with bite and slash at him, cackling hideously all the while. In their fury, they manage to find purchase, slashing arms and legs. The wounds are superficial and Valiard moves back as the ghouls look at him expectantly. A creeping tension spreads over his body locking his muscles in place. Whatever the cause, the malaise even drags at his lungs, and Valiard labors to breathe.

No no no no no, oh holy gods...


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:32/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Snarling and growling like a wild thing Grigor continued to stab and hack at the monster in front of him.

I'll fornicating well do for you! he vowed to himself.

Full attacking

Sword 1
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 and damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 (crit conversion if any) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23 and 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Sword 2

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 and damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 (crit conversion if any) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 and 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Map

Giving some time for Windle and Mireza.


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

Was going to wait and see if Windle saved, but even if he doesn't, Valiard's still in worse shape with an extra assailant.

Her mismatched eyes wide with emotion, Mireza slips across the back of the room, drawing her crossbow, and takes cover behind a pillar. "Gwella," she says, summoning positive energy into existence, but instead of drawing it to her fingertips, she lets it fill her spider. "The apothecary! Go!" she hisses to her familiar, filling her mind with an image of the man handing her the sweet-smelling bundle of herbs.

Move to p 6, drawing crossbow; cast cure light wounds 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

The spider, almost staggering under the intoxicating weight of the spell, scuttles down her clothing and across the stone floor, tiny and virtually indetectible. As if things weren't dire enough, Valiard in his paralysis feels a spider scuttle up his ankle and can do nothing about it. Rather than a bite, however, he instead feels the blossoming glow of positive energy, flooding his body and healing the wounds he just sustained. Although he is still unable to move, physically he is as hale as he was before entering the crushed building. Stuck defenseless only inches from the ghouls' sharp claws and ravenous teeth, however, he can only wonder how long he will remain so....

Stealth 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23; move to k 7; deliver touch spell to Valiard


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

Round 1:

Status:

HP: 29/33 AC: 19 Conditions: None

DC 13 Fort save vs. paralysis: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Windle shakes his head, his smile gone. "Your final error, Urgathoa's spawn!" He brings his mace around and inflicts a glancing blow on the undead.

Mace attack on ghoul: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Expendables used:

L1 spells: 0/5 L2 spells: 0/3 CLW wand: 0/50


Map

Round 1: The Detailed Citizens
Too late. Iozef thinks to himself with frustration as the majority of the group gets torn up by the ghouls. "Beware their touch! It will paralyze and bring disease upon you!" He informs them all. Just before he calls upon Pharasma, "You are all abominations of all that is right. Feel Pharasma's wrath upon you." He says with determination as he then becomes a conduit for her divine energy.

Secret Rolls:

Ghouls’ Will saves +2 Resist
1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
3: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
5: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
6: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

All the ghouls shudder in unison, visibly torn by the divine energy. One of them near Grigor even collapses to the floor from Iozef and Grigor’s combined efforts.

Valiard ducks and weaves, his cloak a blur around him as the hideous creatures rip at him with bite and slash at him, cackling hideously all the while. In their fury, they manage to find purchase, slashing arms and legs. The wounds are superficial and Valiard moves back as the ghouls look at him expectantly. A creeping tension spreads over his body locking his muscles in place. Whatever the cause, the malaise even drags at his lungs, and Valiard labors to breathe.
No no no no no, oh holy gods...
(Valiard is paralysed: round 1/4)

Snarling and growling like a wild thing Grigor continued to stab and hack at the monster in front of him.
I'll fornicating well do for you! he vowed to himself.
Both swords gets through the ghoul’s defenses, almost severing its neck and sending it crashing down.
Grigor then steps forward to engage the next ghoul, thus protecting Valiard.

Her mismatched eyes wide with emotion, Mireza slips across the back of the room, drawing her crossbow, and takes cover behind a pillar. "Gwella," she says, summoning positive energy into existence, but instead of drawing it to her fingertips, she lets it fill her spider. "The apothecary! Go!" she hisses to her familiar, filling her mind with an image of the man handing her the sweet-smelling bundle of herbs.

The spider, almost staggering under the intoxicating weight of the spell, scuttles down her clothing and across the stone floor, tiny and virtually indetectible. As if things weren't dire enough, Valiard in his paralysis feels a spider scuttle up his ankle and can do nothing about it. Rather than a bite, however, he instead feels the blossoming glow of positive energy, flooding his body and healing the wounds he just sustained. Although he is still unable to move, physically he is as hale as he was before entering the crushed building. Stuck defenseless only inches from the ghouls' sharp claws and ravenous teeth, however, he can only wonder how long he will remain so....
(Valiard is cured 11 hp)

Windle shakes his head, his smile gone. "Your final error, Urgathoa's spawn!" He brings his mace around and inflicts a glancing blow on the undead. The mace thuds and bones crack, but the ghoul fights back.

Round 2: The Ghouls
”Yarresh! They’re too strong! - No! One is ready for dinner! Ah! Ah! - Yeah! Yarresh come help or you don’t get your share!”
The three ghouls still standing fight back. Two move to engage Windle and Grigor, while one passes Valiard to get at Iozef: ”Peek-a-Boo! Idiot!”.

Secret Rolls:

1-W (19)
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16; 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 ; 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20; 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
5-G (19)
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 ; 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 ; 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18; 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
6-I (15)
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5; 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Windle blocks as best he can, but a claw sinks deep in his thigh, then another! (-6 hp, 2x Fortitude save DC 13 or paralysed 1d4 ⇒ 2 rounds; 1d4 ⇒ 4 rounds)

Grigor fares only a little better than earlier, but still the ghoul finds a spot and slashes at his wrist (-3 hp, Fortitude save DC 13 or paralysed 1d4 ⇒ 2 rounds)

The ghoul that slipped caught Iozef off-guard, but fails to connect.

The ghoul in the back slaps shut its book. With an annoyed voice: ”Very well...”
It dashes through the room, circling the columns, ending beside Grigor: ”My! That looks delicious!”

Map
All are up for round 1 actions. I suggest we get the saves done first, to see where that leaves the others. Then it’s the ghouls again!


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

I'm only seeing one on Windle.


Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7

@Windle: It's 2 claw attacks.

Iozef stares directly at the beast, "Was Pharasma's initial judgement not enough for you, foul beast? It's time for you to return to the ashes from whence you came!" Iozef calls upon Pharasma's judgement once again, hoping the others can hold out for just a while longer.

Channel energy to harm: (DC 14 Will) 3d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 5) = 12

2/7 Channels used


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

It was the "Two move to engage..." line in the GM's last post; it sounded like another one was closing with Windle in addition to the one already facing him.

In any case, a pair of DC 13 Fort saves: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Waiting to see the results of Iozef's channeling before attacking.


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:32/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Fort Save 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Will do my post later but I had a feeling before I made the post I would fail the save... the dice have not been my friends of late


Map

Good point about the channel Windle. Soory about the copy/paste mistake.

Secret Rolls:

Ghouls’ Will saves +2 Resist
1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
5: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
6: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
7: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

The divine energy once again makes them yelp in pain. Two ghouls (1 and 6) collapse to the ground.


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

Setting a bolt into her crossbow, Mireza peers around the pillar behind which she is sheltering and hisses in annoyance at the realization that she doesn't have a clear shot at any of the ghouls. The spider, feeling her interest in the corner of her mind relaying to her the sensations of being nestled against Valiard's ankle, sends a questioning thought about scampering further up his leg. "Naughty!" she admonishes it, her lilting laugh echoing strangely through the tension in the underground cavern. "No. On to the Crow." She fills her mind with the forbidding image of Grigor.

Move action: load crossbow; standard action: healing hex 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (5, 3) + 5 = 13

The spider scuttles down Valiard's leg and around the back of the pillar before climbing up the back of the paralyzed Crow's boot. She activates her healing hex through the eight legs of her familiar, clotting the blood and stanching the flow from the worst of his wounds.

Spider: Stealth 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (17) + 17 = 34; Move through l 6 to k 5; deliver touch hex


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:32/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Thanks for the healing. Hp's updated with dmg and heal

Grigor's reckless attacks, fuelled by a desperate need for revenge cleaved passed the creatures guard and dropped it... Only to leave himself open to anothers attack.


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

Round 2:

Status:

HP: 23/33 AC: 19 Conditions: None

Expendables used:

L1 spells: 0/5 L2 spells: 0/3 CLW wand: 0/50

As the wave of positive energy blasts down the ghoul in front of him, Windle advances on the more scholarly undead currently menacing Grigor. In quiet and measured tones that nevertheless cut through the noise of battle, he says, "Yarresh. Past time you were sent to the Lady's justice." as he brings his mace down on the ghoul.

Invoking bane ability as a free action, targeted on undead; attack roll on #7: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 2 = 23

Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 2 + (1, 5) = 10


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

hp33/33 rnd 2/4

Where did the ghouls go? I can't see them anymore...I can hear them...what is that on my leg????

The warm soothing feeling of magic flows through Valiard and he gains a measure of peace for a moment.

If they have time to heal me...they must not be doing that badly against the ghouls.


Map

Round 2: The Detailed Citizens
Iozef stares directly at the beast, "Was Pharasma's initial judgement not enough for you, foul beast? It's time for you to return to the ashes from whence you came!" Iozef calls upon Pharasma's judgement once again, hoping the others can hold out for just a while longer.

The divine energy, once again, makes them yelp in pain. Two ghouls (1 and 6) collapse to the ground.

Setting a bolt into her crossbow, Mireza peers around the pillar behind which she is sheltering and hisses in annoyance at the realization that she doesn't have a clear shot at any of the ghouls. The spider, feeling her interest in the corner of her mind relaying to her the sensations of being nestled against Valiard's ankle, sends a questioning thought about scampering further up his leg. "Naughty!" she admonishes it, her lilting laugh echoing strangely through the tension in the underground cavern. "No. On to the Crow." She fills her mind with the forbidding image of Grigor. The spider scuttles down Valiard's leg and around the back of the pillar before climbing up the back of the paralyzed Crow's boot. She activates her healing hex through the eight legs of her familiar, clotting the blood and stanching the flow from the worst of his wounds.
(Grigor is healed 13 hp)

Grigor's reckless attacks, fueled by a desperate need for revenge cleaved passed the creatures guard and dropped it... Only to leave himself open to another’s attack. He feels his muscle seize as the negative energy seeps into him, unchecked.
(Grigor is paralysed: round 1/2)

As the wave of positive energy blasts down the ghoul in front of him, Windle advances on the more scholarly undead currently menacing Grigor. In quiet and measured tones that nevertheless cut through the noise of battle, he says, "Yarresh. Past time you were sent to the Lady's justice." as he brings his mace down on the ghoul. His mace crunches through, sending the ghoul wincing with pain.

Where did the ghouls go? I can't see them anymore...I can hear them...what is that on my leg????
The warm soothing feeling of magic flows through Valiard and he gains a measure of peace for a moment.
If they have time to heal me...they must not be doing that badly against the ghouls.
(Valiard is paralysed: round 2/4)

Round 3: The Ghouls
”That’s it Yarresh! I’m outta here!” yells the last ghoul as it dashes towards the tunnel in the back of the crypt. ”No! Fool! I’ll remember that! I’ll send their corpses after you bastard!” answers the leader. It turns to Windle: ”Now... Where were we?” and lashes with teeth and claw, visibly more agile and experienced than the others, then steps back some.

Secret Rolls:

1-W (19)
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15; 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26 ; 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27; 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Both claw slash with great effect at the inquisitor’s throat and shoulder, but he manages to escape the beast’s vicious bite. (-12 hp, 2x Fortitude save DC 13 or paralysed 1d4 ⇒ 4 rounds; 1d4 ⇒ 2 rounds)

Map
All are up for round 1 actions. I suggest we get the saves done first, to see where that leaves the others. Then it’s the ghouls again!


Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7

No! Iozef thinks angrily. Turning his attention to the one left, No matter. When we have finished with this one, we shall find that one. Hopefully third time being the charm, Iozef calls upon Pharasma's judgement again.

Channel energy to harm: (DC 14 Will) 3d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 1) = 11

3/7 channels used


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

Waiting to see if Windle makes his saves...


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

Round 3:

Status:

HP: 11/33 AC: 19 Conditions: None

Expendables used:

L1 spells: 0/5 L2 spells: 0/3 CLW wand: 0/50

DC 13 Fort save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

DC 13 Fort save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Windle resists the necromantic power of one claw, but the other is too much for him and he stiffens in place. Paralyzed for 4 rounds.


Map

Mireza to save the day.


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

"...and the old priest," Mireza sighs across the bond to her spider. Nearer the stairs up, she notes, harboring no intentions of making a glorious last stand. 'Sole survivor,' she had told herself before the descent, although she would be sorry not to catch a glimpse of whatever had done its work on the surface; it hadn't been these mere walking corpses, certainly. Something less ... human, in scope and form and outlook. As the spider, with a flash of exasperation, runs down Grigor's boot and scuttles across the floor in front of Iozef to Windle's trouser leg, she unleashes her healing hex again through her familiar's tiny body and then takes a few steps nearer the staircase herself, should the young priest be the next to be frozen and leave no one between herself and the hungry undead.

Standard: healing hex on Windle 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (2, 1) + 5 = 8; Move to q 4

Spider: Stealth 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (18) + 17 = 35; Move through l 5 & m 4 to l 3; deliver touch hex

Sorry, Windle; apparently Mireza's mysterious patron isn't fond of Pharasmins ... or inquisitors. :P


Map

Round 3: The Detailed Citizens
No! Iozef thinks angrily. Turning his attention to the one left, No matter. When we have finished with this one, we shall find that one. Hopefully third time being the charm, Iozef calls upon Pharasma's judgement again.

Secret Rolls:

Ghouls’ Will saves +2 Resist
7: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18

The ghoul winces again, though it is clear it is resisting most of the channel.

Windle resists the necromantic power of one claw, but the other is too much for him and he stiffens in place. (Windle is paralysed: round 1/4)

"...and the old priest," Mireza sighs across the bond to her spider. Nearer the stairs up, she notes, harboring no intentions of making a glorious last stand. 'Sole survivor,' she had told herself before the descent, although she would be sorry not to catch a glimpse of whatever had done its work on the surface; it hadn't been these mere walking corpses, certainly. Something less ... human, in scope and form and outlook. As the spider, with a flash of exasperation, runs down Grigor's boot and scuttles across the floor in front of Iozef to Windle's trouser leg, she unleashes her healing hex again through her familiar's tiny body and then takes a few steps nearer the staircase herself, should the young priest be the next to be frozen and leave no one between herself and the hungry undead.
(Windle is healed 8 hp)

Grigor watches the ghoul in front of him, helpless, but slowly, he feels his limb move, slowly...
(Grigor is paralysed: round 2/2)

(Valiard is paralysed: round 3/4)

Round 4: The Ghouls
The fleeing ghoul disappears in the tunnel, while the last one, visibly angry and annoyed at the Pharasmin, walks up to him and slashes him in a wide arc: ”STOP THAT!”

Secret Rolls:

1-I (15)
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16; 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Iozef is hit square in the face. Long slices start to bleed on his cheeks. (-5 hp, Fortitude save DC 13 or paralysed 1d4 ⇒ 4 rounds)

Map
Iozef, Mireza and Grigor are up!


Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7

Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

"Never!" Iozef responds as he continues to call down Pharasma's judgement upon the ghoul.

Channel Energy: (DC 14 Will) 3d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 1) = 8

4/7 channels used

AC 15; Hp's 23/28


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

Grigor has a flank now. Going to wait to see what he can do before Mireza acts...


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:32/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Grigor moves to flank the creature and Goes.To.Town! on it.

sword 1
1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 2 = 14 and damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 (crit conversion if any) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 and 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Sword 2
1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 2 = 17 and damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 (crit conversion if any) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 and 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:32/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Not sure - hoping thats some hits but the dice are in a slump right now.


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

Her tentative preparations to flee put on hold by the Crow's ability to break free of the ghouls' poison and rejoin the fight, Mireza calls her spider back to her, then, the arachnid still climbing the swinging surface of her skirts, weaves among the pillars to Iozef's side. "Wrthsefyll," she intones, dipping her fingers into a pocket of her scarf to touch a scrap of fabric and then brushing his elbow with a smile. "I don't think Yarresh likes you very much."

Spider: Move to q 4

Move to n 6; cast resistance on Iozef: +1 to saves for 1 minute


Map

Round 4: The Detailed Citizens
"Never!" Iozef responds as he continues to call down Pharasma's judgement upon the ghoul.

Secret Rolls:

Ghouls’ Will saves +2 Resist
7: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

Resisting most of the energy, the ghoul, visibly annoyed hisses in pain.

Windle is frozen by the dark forces, forced to stare at the ghoul’s back. (Windle is paralysed: round 2/4)

Regaining the underestimated ability to swing shortswords, Grigor moves to flank the creature and Goes.To.Town! on it. The ghoul turns around dodging the first blow and blocking the second.

Her tentative preparations to flee put on hold by the Crow's ability to break free of the ghouls' poison and rejoin the fight, Mireza calls her spider back to her, then, the arachnid still climbing the swinging surface of her skirts, weaves among the pillars to Iozef's side. "Wrthsefyll," she intones, dipping her fingers into a pocket of her scarf to touch a scrap of fabric and then brushing his elbow with a smile. "I don't think Yarresh likes you very much."
(+1 save to Iozef)

Valiard feels a sensation tingle up and down his limbs.
(Valiard is paralysed: round 4/4)

Round 5: Yarresh The Ghoul
Yarresh shudders in pain, but a confident smile: ”I promise I’ll eat you slowly, and alive priest!” He stabs left and right at Iozef, then tries to get a bite from a limb.

Secret Rolls:

1-I (15)
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11; 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15; 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27; 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Iozef manages to escape the bite, but both claws grip his arms and sink deep in his flesh. Something wet flows along his fingers... (-11 hp, 2x Fortitude save DC 13 or paralysed 1d4 ⇒ 3 rounds; 1d4 ⇒ 1 rounds)

”But don’t let me stand between you two...” It adds, stepping sideways, away from a flanked position, not knowing it is stepping in Valiard’s arms...

Map
Iozef, Mireza, Valiard and Grigor are up!


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

Mireza is in n 6; looks like you forgot to move her token, DM.


Map

Sorry! Start from n6.


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

Just wanted to let everyone know in case it affected their moves somehow. :)


Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7

Fort: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 1 = 8
Fort: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 1 = 8

AC 15; 12/28

As his body becomes rigid, Iozef stares directly in the eyes of the undead beast. Still with his holy symbol buried within his hand, Iozef wishes he could speak. When I'm dead, THEN I will stop foul beast.

Channel Energy: (DC 14 Will) 3d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 6) = 13

5/7 channels used

Channel energy doesn't require verbal or somatic materials. In the PRD it states this as the last line... A cleric must be able to present her holy symbol to use this ability. So, I'm thinking it doesn't require such. Is this right? Also, there's this: A paralyzed character cannot move, speak, or take any physical action. He is rooted to the spot, frozen and helpless. Not even friends can move his limbs. He may take purely mental actions, such as casting a spell with no components. Would channel energy fall under this?


Map

Sounds right.


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:32/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Whew! On the channeled energy


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:32/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Grigor holds his position and continues hacking at the ghoul with both blades.

#1
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20 and damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 (crit conversion if any) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 and 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
#2
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 and damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 (crit conversion if any) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 and 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:32/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Seems the dice are still fickle...


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

My post got lost about 4 hours ago...didn't even see that it hadn't taken until now...at least my die rolls are still the same

Warmth slowly creeps back into Valiard's muscles as the paralysis fades. Valiard freezes in place, locking his muscles as he takes in the positions of the priest, watchman and remaining undead, turning his head ever so slowly. The watchman continues to engage the creature, his blades flickering in the light, but he cannot seem to find a way to connect.

Then the creature steps away from Grigor, unwittingly stepping within reach.

Valiard doesn't even allow himself the time to smile, as he flashes into action. His dagger had remained in his hand, imprisoned by the paralysis. It now flashed up and around, plunging toward the throat of the beast.

Stealth 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
The unpleasant edge 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
dagger damage and flank 1d4 + 2 + 3d6 ⇒ (2) + 2 + (4, 3, 6) = 17

If the critter doesn't drop, Valiard will move as far away as possible, using mobility (+4AC to AoA)


Map

Valiard, as Iozef is for now a TV dinner, you can't flank unless you move to a better position. Sorry. Let me know if you wish to review your move action.


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:32/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Risky as all hell but maybe tumble to square M8? That gives you flanking so your numbers still work - MOST :) creatures don't have combat reflexes so you'll have to risk a claw unless he's got it. Otherwise (without sneak attack) your attacks will be as effective... well... as mine)


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

Ok. Scratch the previous move action. Same rolls, new actions. You said that he was "not knowing he was stepping into Valiard's arms. So I still want to use the move silently vs his perception. If he succeeds and attacks, then I am still using mobility against his AoA as i go to m7. Then attack.


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

If Valiard makes it to m 7 without getting paralyzed:
"Boo!" Mireza smiles at the distracted herbalist from around the pillar, dipping her finger back into her pocket, then pressing it to Valiard's arm with the word "Wrthsefyll" before retreating back toward the staircase.
Cast resistance on Valiard: +1 to saves for 1 minute; move to o 4

If Valiard doesn't make it to m 7 without getting paralyzed:
Mireza weaves around the pillars, both stone and frozen flesh, giving an enigmatic smile to Windle as she slips past him, to emerge on the western side of Grigor. "Wrthsefyll," she says, brushing her fingers against the tiny cloak in her pouch and then applying them to his back.
Move through n 5, m 3, & l 3 to k 4; cast resistance on Grigor: +1 to saves for 1 minute


Map

Round 5: The Detailed Citizens
As his body becomes rigid, Iozef stares directly in the eyes of the undead beast. Still with his holy symbol buried within his hand, Iozef wishes he could speak. When I'm dead, THEN I will stop foul beast.

Secret Rolls:

Ghouls’ Will saves +2 Resist
7: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29

Again, most of the energy is wasted, but still it seems to burn, as smoke starts to come out of it.

Grigor holds his position and continues hacking at the ghoul with both blades. One of the blade finds purchase and cuts through a shoulder.

Warmth slowly creeps back into Valiard's muscles as the paralysis fades. Valiard freezes in place, locking his muscles as he takes in the positions of the priest, watchman and remaining undead, turning his head ever so slowly. The watchman continues to engage the creature, his blades flickering in the light, but he cannot seem to find a way to connect.

Then the creature steps away from Grigor as Iozef freezes in place, unwittingly stepping within reach. Valiard doesn't even allow himself the time to smile, as he slips behind it, hoping to catch it between him and Grigor.

Secret Rolls:

Ghouls’ Perception
7: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18
Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19; 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

The ghoul, at the very last moment, notices the shadow behind it and slashes at it in an arc. Valiard is caught square across the head (-6hp Valiard); save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 Saved!)
His dagger had remained in his hand, imprisoned by the paralysis. It now flashed up and around, plunging toward the throat of the beast. Steal meets flesh and a crunching sound is heard through the crypt as the ghoul goes limp, then crashes on the floor.

Silence follows... Nothing. Windle starts moving all of a sudden, bursting free. You resume breathing.

Nice job!


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

The inquisitor stretches, working the feeling back into his arms. "A moment; I think I should like to examine this Yarresh's choice of reading material." Windle walks over to where the ghoul left his book. "Were any of you bitten?"


Map

Grigor only, on round 1. Fortitude save btw.


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

Mireza emerges from behind her pillar, wincing at the blood dripping down Valiard's face from the ghoul's claws. "You don't want that to scar," she advises him, offering him his bundle of herbs as if its scent might help close the wound.

Knowledge (local) on Yarresh 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 Does she recognize the name? Was he a resident of Carrion Hill? Did any of the other ghouls look familiar?


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:32/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

[ooc]I thought I made it... rolling 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Grigor moves to the limp creature and decapitates it before spitting on its body.


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:32/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Daaaaamn. The dice do NOT like me

201 to 250 of 1,789 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Deepest Shadows Lie Longest - IC All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.