Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Deepest Shadows Lie Longest (Inactive)

Game Master Dreaming Warforged

Carrion Hill Module


1,251 to 1,300 of 1,789 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>

Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3
Valiard Tessar wrote:
Secret passages? I am on the wrong side of the web to get to Crove right now. I figure that Valiard is about a round behind you right now. I would like him to be standing behind Crove putting a knife in his kidney.

Try going the way Crove went and use that Perception check you rolled to find the secret door?

"You think Carrion Hill's worth ruling?" she asks with a touch of surprise in her voice. "I should think you were as good as in charge already, being the Mayor's friend. Did you know you would have to fight it, the thing you summoned?" she wonders. "Or did you think it would obey the lot of you and you would rule by dint of its power?"


Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7

1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

That is what I thought Valiard was doing.


Map

The fumes have finally dissipated, leaving the web. one round done.

Valiard makes his way following Crove's step. After a sharp turn, the narrow corridor meets with the corridor you took to get to him. You arrive just behind Mireza.

Crove studies the scroll with an unnerving laugh: "Yes! This should work... Carrion Hill is but a start! You do not fight the Spawn, fool, you harness its power!"


Map

Valiard, he is about twenty feet from you, not looking at you, but aware he could be attacked from a distance. If you manage to creep up on him, you should be able to surprise him.


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

Works for me.

Stealth 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

The corridor provides ample gloom for Valiard to move swiftly and silently forward towards the madman. As he moves, he flicks his wrist, allowing one of his good daggers to drop into his right hand.

Surprise! (vs. flat foot) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
stabby 1d4 + 2 + 3d6 ⇒ (3) + 2 + (3, 6, 4) = 18

nuts.


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

The first round after the fumes dissipate, Windle takes his move action to get out flint & steel and a torch.


Map

Valiard moves like a shadow, making no sound, but, a little too keen, he misjudges the distance and his thrust falls short, pushed back by a force field.

Crove turns around, yelling in surprise. He steps back: "Again! Can't you see? Are you dumb?!" and utters sharp syllables as motes of color spring from his fingers, forming a beautiful arc that brightens the otherwise otherwordly gloom of the room.

Valiard: Will save DC 15 or stunned for one round.

Second round since the end of the Stinking Cloud spell.


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

Will Save 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Seeing the mage begin his spell, Valiard grimaces, shutting his eyes tightly and rushes to get past the lunatic, out of the path of the spell.

Acrobatics 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

Valiard tucks and rolls, then as he rises to his feet he slashes at the mage.

Slash 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
dmg 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

wheeeeee, fighter, I am not.


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

We can't seem to catch a break


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Grigor strains and weakly tugs against the webs like a poisoned insect.


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

Is Crove in a room or in the corridor? What kind of space are we working with?


Map

Map

Please note Iozef, Windle and Grigor are 40 ft away from Mireza's position, still in the web, some with a few rounds left of nausea. The door in front of Mireza is opened and leads to the long hallway at the end of which Windle had felt a chaotic presence.


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

"Apothecary!" Mireza scolds. "He is preparing for the beast; do you think he is not prepared for you? Keeper, ignore him," she advises. "You cannot afford to expend any more resources you should save for the spawn!"


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

"Fine! I am out of my league here anyways!" Valiard says as he moves away from the mage, ducking around the corner into an alcove and out of sight.

Move to d/5, then hide

Stealth 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

As soon as Windle has recovered from his nausea, he's lighting a torch (full-round action) and igniting the web.


Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7
Windle Thetra wrote:
As soon as Windle has recovered from his nausea, he's lighting a torch (full-round action) and igniting the web.

Yay! Die, web! Die!!! Stupid web.


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Heres assuming he set me on fire first...
Burning Web2d4 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7

Oh the dice just love me...

Grigor tries to stifle a scream as the flames scorch him badly... he stumbles and then reaches into his belt for a potion.


Map

*Whouf!*

It will take four rounds to clear everyone. Fire damage: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3

Valiard and Mireza, the corridor behind you lights up and the smell of burned fabric and meat tickles your nostrils.

Crove lets a smile pass his lips: "Your friends will be joining us soon... They did not share your sentiment regarding my usefulness I'm afraid! I'd best get some help."

He steps back and moves quickly to the corridor where Windle had felt a chaotic presence...


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

So which effect works and which characters are freed first? I may have jumped the gun?


Map

Using a torch doesn't clear the whole web, but a square a eound. Since some of you are still nauseated, I adjudicated that by four rounds, you'd be free.

Grand Lodge

Cool - will put back 4 hps...:)


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3
Deimus wrote:
He steps back and moves quickly to the corridor where Windle had felt a chaotic presence...

Is that the corridor at d 10? And, checking back in the gameplay thread, it's 30 feet down the corridor to the door we didn't open that had the presence behind it, correct?


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

Since Windle wasn't actually trapped in the webs, does he still take the damage?


Map

Mireza: yes D10 and yes 30 ft, but the doors at the end of the hallway are closed.
Windle: no damage id not entangled. Good point.


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

He is freeing the thing of chaos, Mireza warns via her message. Apothecary, can we barricade the corridor with the table and chairs?


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

Windle pauses his arson for a moment at Mireza's news. "Iozef, do you have any thoughts on what this thing could be?"


Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7

Recovering from his nausea, Iozef returns to a somewhat normal semblance of himself. "I would gather, Mr. Thetra...," he pats the beads of sweat from his forehead with a cloth, "our demise." He states as a matter of fact. "I highly recommend you continue burning these webs. At least that way, we can attempt to fend for our lives. Plus it will give me a moment to think on if I've heard of or read on such a creature that happens to exist within these walls."

Several Knowledge checks:

Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32

Knowledge (Dungeoneering): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (3) + 17 = 20

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

Knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (20) + 17 = 37

Rolls to see if there's any possibility I might actually know what we're dealing with. Not sure which one it is so I just rolled what I think it might be.


Map

Iozef:
From the account both Windle and Grigor gave, and through your knowledge of the "interests" of Crove and his mad colleagues, you can guess that they might have followed the steps of the infamous Todimeus Oilloko. You recall the account of his trial, described in the Judicious Judgements of Jasparod: Three simple steps to avoid madness while delving into the Dark Tapestry. (Of course, you also recall how Jasparod lost his mind a few years after the publication of his tome.)

Oilloko had managed to summon a shapeless horror from beyond the stars and sane dimensions. The outsider had brought great mayhem in the streets of Caliphas before being banished for good. From the account, the creature had a shifting shape, was almost impervious to magic and its contact had terrible effects on the corporal integrity of the watchmen that first tried to stop it.

You're pretty sure that Crove could have summoned such a monstrosity...

You're also pretty sure Crove won't be able to control it...


Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7

After thinking on it a moment, a look of recognition forms. "Ah yes, now I remember. Well, Mr. Thetra, from as best as I can recollect, this creature has an everforming shape, is practically immune to magic, and our very own Mr. Crove will not be able to control it the way he thinks he can." He tells him candidly. "So, to reemphasize my initial response Mr. Thetra, our demise. But, you never know. This group has managed a great deal more than I would have given us credit for. We may yet surprise ourselves." He deadpans.


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

Windle listens to Iozef's explanation and editorial comments without changing expression, save for a slight raise of his eyebrows. "It is just as well that we didn't try to open that door. Tell me, if you know--what sort of creature is it? Outsider, unnatural aberration, something beyond that?"


Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7

"All of the above, Mr. Thetra. All of the above. This thing is beyond our comprehension. If my memory serves me correctly, it comes from beyond the stars themselves; from another dimension that consists only of madness. I would gather we are dealing with a creature that knows nothing, other than to wreak destruction."


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

If...If... I can get a look at it, , says Grigor slowly, I've a spell that will tell me a lot more anyone else could. He shuts his eyes as if in pain and his face seems stretched and pale. A left over from days I thought... hoped... to have left behind.


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

"I still want to stab him. Why not kill him before he opens the door?"


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

Windle shouts, "CROVE! You fool, you've already called up something you couldn't put down! Do. Not. Open. That. Door."

Intimidate check: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3
Valiard Tessar wrote:
"I still want to stab him. Why not kill him before he opens the door?"

Didn't you already try that? Mireza asks testily in everyone's head, not making any sense to anyone but Valiard.

It's not like she's going to stop him from trying, though. :)


Map

Mireza, Valiard, are you trying something?


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Grigor still coughs and wheezes.


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

Can I try hitting him with a dagger again? I don't really have a good idea of his position relative to Valiard's, but if he can sneak into a position to get a clear shot at him with one of his daggers, that is what he will do.

Valiard moves around the corner stealthily. Seeing the lunatic's back wide open, as he does something to the door at the far end of the hallway, he doesn't even pause, but drops a dagger into his hand and sends it sailing down the hallway at the target.

Stealth 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
Dagger, hopefully vs. flat-footed 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
dmg, hopefully surprised 1d4 + 1 + 3d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (4, 5, 1) = 14


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Yay Blue Team!


Map

Mireza?


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

Seeing Valiard's dagger fly through the air, Mireza speaks the word "Fyddar", then backs down the hallway toward the remains of the web.

cast deafness on Crove (Fort DC 15); move 30 feet back down the hall toward the others


Map

Valiard slips behind Crove and slips his blade deep in the man's back.

Secret Rolls:

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Crove yelps and groans in pain as he almost buckles. He pauses for an instant as he seems to shake off Mireza's spell. Turning in a great arc, he faces Valiard: "Fool! Kneel in front of the Lords Beyond the Stars!!!" Dark energy emanates from him, and Valiard feels his bone shake and turn to dust. At the same moment, the ground growls and shakes, bringing a smile to Crove's lips. "Such power... Such terrible power..."

Secret Rolls:

2d6 ⇒ (3, 6) = 9

(-9 hp to Valiard, Will Dc 11 for half)

He then tries to walk away, trying to get to the first door. "You'll regret your impertinence!" (AoO from Valiard)

All are up!
Map


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

As soon as Windle is able, he heads towards Crove, Valiard, and Mireza.


Map

Windle, I edited the post after you posted.


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

Windle switches his judgment to healing (fast healing 2) and tries to get at least to where Mireza is.


Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7

Iozef follows behind Windle and Grigor towards the others.

Move as far as I can toward Mireza as well.


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Grigor moves as best he can towards the others and ensures that both swords are ready.


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

Will Save 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

AoA vs. walking away 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
dmg 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Fingers numbed by the wash of cold energy, Valiard fumbles as he attempts to slice the lunatic, the blade merely catching in the fold of his clothes.

This isn't working...time to try something drastic!

Valiard rushes toward the lunatic, jumping at him in an attempt to wrestle him to the ground before he reaches the door.

Grapple! 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

Mireza steals quickly across the room to take up a position near the door and out of Crove's line of sight.

Move to the square with the 9 in it.

1,251 to 1,300 of 1,789 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Deepest Shadows Lie Longest - IC All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.