Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Deepest Shadows Lie Longest (Inactive)

Game Master Dreaming Warforged

Carrion Hill Module


1,101 to 1,150 of 1,789 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>

Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Hmmmm... ask me in a minute, he says examining the door curiously, almost distracted by it. Bring that light closer.

He examines it minutely looking for something... runes, wires or unusual features.

Perception (incl. Trap Finding) 1d20 + 12 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 12 + 3 = 35


Map

Grigor is thorought, but finds no trap. The lock is a complex system.


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

Valiard leans close, looking over Grigor's shoulder with interest.

"I didn't get to see you breaking and entering last time..." Valiard whispers, watching Grigor examine the lock.

I hope he can open it...I am not really interested in working the lock with this many people looking...and the Crow..."


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

It doesn't look as if it's been opened in years, Mireza opines. There are still open corridors we haven't searched. No reason for the Crow to batter himself against the door again if the Asylum Keeper isn't behind it.


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Now here I am hoping I can take 20?

Necessary skill, Grigor grunts sourly. Not all villains leave their doors open for us to come in, and the noise of breaking a door down can leave them enough time to leg it.

Grigor works on the lock with extreme care.

That would be 20 + 10 + 2 + 3 = 35 inclusive of the Trapfinder class feature bonus and the bonus from the Cats Grace assuming the initial charge is still active from when I picked the lock on the gate as it lasts 30 minutes


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

"I concur with your attempt, Grigor. It is possible that Hyve wishes us to think this has not been disturbed in some time so as to discourage our interest in it. There may instead be something back here that he himself did not wish to disturb...which is itself interesting."


Map

The lock surrenders to Grigor after two minutes. It can now be opened. From the look of it, it will be a squealing one...


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Anyone got any oil? This is gonna be a loud one... lock and hinges are badly rusted


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

"None with me now."


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

"You know. I think I do. I have some oil that I use for tinctures in my kit. Hold on."

I am going to say that I have a small bottle of oil that I keep in my thieves tools. Valiard likes olive oil, because it can be explained away.

Valiard rummages in his pack for a moment before extracting a small bottle, which he hands to Grigor.

"Please don't use it all."


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Grigor grunts thanks and then applies the oil as carefully as he can... he waits a minute to let the oil settle in before opening the door as carefully as he can and requesting Valiard, the closest by virtue of hovering around watching Grigor work and waiting for the oil vial, to help him support the weight of the door away from the hinges as much as possible.

Stealth1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30


Map

The door opens without a peep, revealing, sadly, a short corridor of thirty feet leading to another steel door, in a worse shape than the first...

The ceiling is leaking in numerous places and a heavy scent of wet plaster, aggressive molds and old rust fills your nostrils. The hair on your arms rises slightly from the sharp drop in temperature.


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

Windle puts a hand to his holy symbol and concentrates, looking down the short hallway. Starting with detect chaos and switching to detect evil.


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

"That was anticlimactic." Valiard says as the door swings open.

How dusty is it down here? Any chance that there are tracks on the floor in the hallway? Or in front of any of the doors?

Looking for tracks (not ours) Perception1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16


Map

Windle:
As your senses shift, you feel overwhelmed by a powerful chaotic presence down the corridor.

Valiard, the floor is so damp and uneven, it's hard to tell whether someone, or something, walked those halls recently.


Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7

"Well, we've managed to find ourselves in another corridor. Fantastic." He states plainly.


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

"Bide a moment. There is something there, and I am not certain what."

Deimus:
Windle switches to detect good.


Map

Windle:
Only chaos, pure, emanates from behind the door.


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

"Whatever it is, its aura is pure chaos, untainted by any shred of morality. Knowing that, I advise that we quietly close the door and return to the mission...I doubt whatever is behind that door would be a help to us."


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

"Is that not what we have been looking for?" Mireza wonders, showing interest for the first time since descending into the basement. "That which crushes and flays and swallows whole buildings without caring?"


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

At this Grigor goes still and mumbling, sometimes faltering, casts a spell of his own.

Deimus

Spoiler:
Grigor casts 'Detect Aberration'


Map

Grigor:
Your perception shifts into a world of darkness and turmoil, but nothing special emanates from the corridor or beyond.


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

"I have not been close enough to the creature to determine this for certain, but its actions indicate a level of malevolence I do not sense here."


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

She smiles at the inquisitor. "Have you ever bent down to see what an beetle looks like after you've idly trodden on it? And how much malevolence did you bear the beetle?"


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

"You know, I was mildly anxious before...but all this talk of being squashed like beetles is not doing me any good. Aren't we trying to find the master of this asylum so we can...end him before the slime-beast does? If what Windle says is accurate, then I doubt that he is down this corridor."


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

The Apocrathy may have a point here... these doors may not have been used and if some thing comes out of this relic, we'll likely hear... we can always swing back here after we search the rest of the place


Map

So? Heading back? Then where?


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3
Grigor Vachkov wrote:
The Apocrathy may have a point here... these doors may not have been used and if some thing comes out of this relic, we'll likely hear... we can always swing back here after we search the rest of the place

"I said that," Mireza points out reproachfully, glaring at the Crow, "and no one paid attention. Old Priest, what are we to do with the creature at last? If we slay the last Keeper, will we not still have to defeat it? Or do we hope that, without its callers here to anchor it, it will simply wander away from Carrion Hill to menace people we don't know and don't care about? Do we know of a way to return it whence it came?"

Deimus wrote:
So? Heading back? Then where?

That's one of the three doors off of the main chamber we've searched, leaving two doors and four corridors. Might be safe to assume the opposite door to the one we just opened leads to a similar hallway, so let's try the third door in the north wall, or one of the four corridors?


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Mireza wrote:


"I said that," Mireza points out reproachfully, glaring at the Crow, "and no one paid attention

I love the interplay we have :)


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

"Look. We don't have time for this. Let's keep moving. At the very least we can open the rest of these doors and make a better decision about where to go. Right now, we are just staring at a bunch of closed doors."

"Let's go try that door we passed on the way here. I think I remember it being on the left as we passed." Valiard says, motioning for Grigor to take the lead.


Map

The steel door, inspected, seems in better shape and its hinges oiled.


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

Windle has the grace to look slightly abashed at Mireza's comment. "You did at that. I should have tried to sense what was past the doorway the first time, though I am not certain the aura would have been detectable through both doors."


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Door is in better nick than I thought, Grigor says peering at it in the dim light. Clearly used but it can wait for now - door on the left you say?

Grigor shoulders himself out of the room and down the corridor.


Map

That's the door that was suggested.


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9
Deimus wrote:
That's the door that was suggested.

Ooops

Grigor checks if it is locked.


Map

It is not.


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Grigor readies both his swords and gestures to someone to open the door for him.


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

Mireza folds her arms deliberately and stares back at the Crow.


Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7

Watching the scene between the two unfold, Iozef sighs and rolls his eyes. "Oh, for the love of...!" He says with obvious frustration in his voice as he moves up and opens the door.


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Grigor gives Mireza a glare of his own before moving swiftly into the room, swords ready.


Map

The door, unfortunately, reveals another damp hallway, with a door at its end, some thirty feet further... There is a sliver of light escaping from under the door...


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Moving as quietly as possible Grigor moves to the door... eyes sweeping the floor for caltrops, tripwires and such.

Stealth1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
Perception1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

Valiard watches Grigor's mincing approach to the door, impressed by the Crow's silent movements.

Well, I certainly don't want to have him sneaking up on me in a dark alley. I would have to get the drop on him first if it ever came to that.


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

As Grigor approaches the door, Windle hangs back and again tries to sense auras beyond it. Start w/checking for chaos, then evil, then (if there's time) good.


Map

Grigor:
You make your way to the other door at the end of the hallway. The dampness climbs up your nostrils and makes you sneezy, but you manage to move without a sound. The door is made of solid wood, reinforced with steel, and is fairly recent, showing few signs of water damage. It looks well oiled but is clearly locked.

Windle:
The area of the door shows no particular aura.


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

The inquisitor murmurs, "I sense nothing of chaos, evil, or good beyond the door."


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

"Do you sense anything at all? Because something is probably behind that door, otherwise, why the light?" Valiard whispers back.


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

"I can only sense strong alignment auras, so a weaker creature would not appear. Nor am I able to detect something that was neither good nor evil, neither lawful nor chaotic."


Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7

"Well?" Iozef looks to them all. "Are we to enter and find out or are we to stand out here and discuss it all day?"


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Grigor sheathes his blades and works on the door rapidly with his tools.

1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 3 = 23

1,101 to 1,150 of 1,789 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Deepest Shadows Lie Longest - IC All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.