Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


The Deepest Shadows Lie Longest (Inactive)

Game Master Dreaming Warforged

Carrion Hill Module


1,051 to 1,100 of 1,789 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>

Map

Waiting for Vailard.


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

Ah, sorry, I didn't realize you wanted another stealth roll. Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21


Map

No, I meant about the info I gave you :)


Map

The floorboard creeks heavily as some of you engage on its worn surface.

Valiard or Perception DC 20:
A voice filled with concern rises from down the main stairs: "Did you hear that? Is someone still up there?"


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 Good roll, but not good enough. :(


Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13 I am the most dice cursed dude on these boards.


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

"Mireza, the voices downstairs...they are getting curious. You know...we could lure them up here and set a trap..." Valiard whispers.


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

"Tch!" Mireza stops in her tracks and spreads out her fingertips to the others as the whisper sounds in her ears. "The apothecary wants to draw them upstairs to us -- lure them into our web rather than blundering into theirs," she passes on.


Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7

"Because our web is something to be feared? Where you there when we were combating Mr. Myre? You do remember our efficiency in dispatching him and his undead minions, do you not? I do. It was horrendous. Mr. Vachkov nearly died--twice I think--; Mr. Tessar was severely weakened; you, Madam Mireza, had acid pouring from your shoulder and I was nearly bludgeoned to death by a zombie." He recounts. "Regardless, it matters little. Lead them up." He pulls out his staff and then straightens himself to look presentable.


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

Apothecary, Mireza messages, you have a plan?


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

"Frater Kolnikov, in the middenstone vats we were constrained by the setting, and had spent many of our most efficacious attacks on the ghouls we faced earlier. Now we are better prepared, and have expended only a modicum of our powers for the day."


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

"Ah, certainly. Make some noise. One or two will come up to investigate, we dispatch them quickly. The ruckus will draw the remainder up. Then, well, we dispatch them as well...look, I am not a warrior, so I really don't know too much about this. I imagine the Crow would have a better plan."


Map

Let me know what the plan is. Valiard, as best you can tell, sounds like about a dozen inmates and two or three orderlies. Make it quick though, as they have heard you.


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

Can Windle pick up anything with his detect thoughts?


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9
Valiard Tessar wrote:
I imagine the Crow would have a better plan."[/b][/smaller]

Grigor shrugs as if to say, 'sounds ok to me' and draws his swords.


Map

Windle:
The spell sends your mind reeling, but you manage to stay above the madness washing against your sanity. You shiver for a few seconds, then it calms. You discern ten very disturbed and twisted minds, with three sane ones. The sane ones show very dark thoughts...

You hear footsteps coming up the stairs...


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

"Not much of a plan," Mireza sighs disconsolately.

Do we have a surprise round or a full round to get ready? First action is to move to the back of the group, at least 15 feet down the hall from the top of the staircase; if she gets another action, she'll cast mage armor on herself.


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

"Madness in the very walls of this place, but I sensed ten lunatics, and three others who are sane but evil." Windle readies mace and buckler and moves to the front near Grigor.


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

"In the walls?" Mireza asks as she retreats, trailing her fingers lingeringly against the walls in question as she goes. "Do they infect people with madness or absorb it from them, I wonder?"


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

Valiard wants to keep hiding, so he can get the drop on whoever comes up the stairs.

"I wonder if it is too late to go knock on the front door and distract the inmates..." he whispers, almost to himself.


Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7
Windle Thetra wrote:
"Frater Kolnikov, in the middenstone vats we were constrained by the setting, and had spent many of our most efficacious attacks on the ghouls we faced earlier. Now we are better prepared, and have expended only a modicum of our powers for the day."

Iozef looks to the Inquisitor with indifference. "Hm. I suppose I cannot disagree. Nevertheless, I would still gather we are not the most battle hardened lot. Outside of Mr. Vachkov of course... and possibly yourself." Iozef then pulls out a vial from within his backpack and unstoppers it, readying to drink it as soon as he sees the first sign of the lunatics.

Potion of Shield of Faith +2

Iozef rolls his eyes at Mireza's query, not daring to approach that one.


Map

Two inmates show up at the top of the stairs, followed by an orderly. They wail and flail as they are quickly taken out. The orderly falls from a precise stab in the neck he never saw coming...

The three are quickly followed by eight more inmates. This time, the semblance of precision and expertise of the previous strike only contrast with the savage melee and bloodbath that ensue as the inmates blindly charge flailing at a wall of weapons.

Covered with blood, you hear the two last orderlies downstairs open the front door and make a run for it...


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Let them go - we need search this place and fast for our villain.


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

"Didn't seem very sporting," Mireza notes dubiously as she rejoins the group at the top of the stairs.

Mireza will use stabilize on any of the patients who aren't yet dead while everyone decides where to go next. Are we on the top floor, or is there another above us?


Map

Top floor. And it now looks empty.


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

Windle pauses to clean the gore from his mace before following Grigor down the stairs.


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

Well that was gruesome.

"I guess the way is clear now." Valiard says, stepping over the mangled corpse of an inmate, a grimace on his ashen face. "I think we should get moving."


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

"Crow, do you know what the Asylum-Keeper looks like," Mireza asks, "or where his rooms might be?"


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Grigor shoots her a look, face streaked with blood.

Do I look like a lunatic?

He stops think.

He'd have the nicest rooms - lets look on this level for carpets and pictures on the walls. That will lead us in his direction. Otherwise? He's likely in the basement... not sure what it is about basements that draws in nutcases who like to summon demons and other tentacled terrors.


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3
Grigor Vachkov wrote:

Grigor shoots her a look, face streaked with blood.

Do I look like a lunatic?

Mireza smiles with amusement but doesn't directly reply. "You look like a Crow, who delivers little birds to Crove's nest when they don't play nicely with the world as it is. I thought perhaps you'd been here or met him."

Grigor Vachkov wrote:
not sure what it is about basements that draws in nutcases who like to summon demons and other tentacled terrors.

She hums a tune, still trailing her fingers against the wall as if feeling for deposits of madness. "The Apothecary thought they might be trying to balance the darkness within them with the darkness without. It makes sense, does it not? Most crimes are committed at night, after all, when people feel free to let out to play all the secrets they lock up tightly in the daylight."


Map

You look around the building and find it completely deserted, except for some patients locked in cells. The place is pretty rundown. The smell of moisture and molds mixes with the fresh smell of plaster from the leaking roof, and the old smell of sweat and blood coming out of the cells.

The grey-green walls are streaked with dried blood from dragged inmates and you can almost hear their forgotten screams as you look at the walls.

Thunder startles you as the building is lit by lightning and the gaping mouth of a narrow staircase stares back at you, leading down into a wailing madness.


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

"Maybe the madness seeps up the walls from below, like oil in a lampwick," Mireza suggests thoughtfully. "Perhaps the inmates are the flame that draws upon that reservoir."


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

"Dungeons or high towers, but in this case we seem to be called downwards." Windle casts light on his mace.


Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7

Iozef sighs. "Madam Mireza, the walls do not make men go mad. Men usually allow circumstances to drive them to such or they just choose to be such. Not walls."


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Pretty big words for something that makes me skin feel like it wants to crawl off me body.

He draws both blades in the light of Windles spell and then stepping as quietly as possible, leads the way down.

Stealth1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19


Map

You creep slowly and silently down the stairs. The walls turn to stone, and so does the floor, as the smell of molds and humidity becomes more pungent.

As you reach the bottom of the stairs, you see torchlight flickering on the deceased piled bodies of several inmates. It looks as though they had been chained to the stairs, perhaps as guardians, but have instead turned on one another.

The stairs open to a long room, perhaps 60 feet long. On both sides of the long walls, four narrow corridors are filled with darkness, wails and screams. At the north end, you see a steel door, while at the south end is a table with chairs, with two steel doors leading east and west.


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

To clarify the description, we have seven choices of which way to go: four corridors and three doors?


Map

you're so pragmatic ;-p but yes, seven.


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

Sorry; I have poor spatial reasoning and wanted to make sure I was interpreting the description properly. :)

Doors or hallways? Mireza's whisper sounds in everyone's ears. And which one?


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

First on the left...

Grigor checks the handle and then opens the door.


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

Valiard flinches.


Map

Secret Rolls:
1d3 ⇒ 3

The heavy door is made of steel, and shows sign of advanced corrosion. It creeks loudly as it opens. It reveals a long corridor shrouded in darkness. The ceiling drips softly, forming shallow pools on the floor. The dripping sounds gently breaks the low wailing coming from the darkness.

At the edge of your circle of light, a steel door can be discerned on the left wall, while the corridor extends further...


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

Mireza has 60-foot darkvision. Anything lurking in the darkness of the corridor within her range of vision?


Map

Mireza:
Four doors line the two walls of the corridor. It extends fo about fifty feet before turning left.


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

More doors, Mireza informs the others, and then a left turn.


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

"So do we stick together? I mean, there might be some fiendish traps down here...it is a dungeon dug by crazy people..." Valiard whispers.


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

The doors might be cells; if we open them, we'll only be letting out an inmate. Let's pass them by for now. The Asylum-Keeper wouldn't have locked himself up ... unless he had a moment of clarity and recognized his kinship with the little birds in his nest.


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Grigor nods, leaves the door alone and continues to pad foot down the corridor.


Map

You move in silence down the corridor, your light sources casting long shadows along the walls. Lonesome wailings and sobbing come form the doors you pass. At its end, the corridor turns sharply, only to meet a steel door. The door doesn't look like its been used for a long while, and it's heavily corroded.


Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7

Placing the ioun torch above his head, Iozef follows the others. "Mr. Vachkov, would you prefer a light source upon your own weapon?" He asks as he takes in the sounds of the asylum.

1,051 to 1,100 of 1,789 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Deepest Shadows Lie Longest - IC All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.