Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

The Deepest Shadows Lie Longest (Inactive)

Game Master Dreaming Warforged

Carrion Hill Module


1,001 to 1,050 of 1,789 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>

Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7

Iozef casts light for the Crow. "Here is your light, Mr. Vachkov." Turning his attention to the herbalist, "No, Mr. Tessar, if Mr. Vachkov can get this gate open, then we go through the front door. If not, then we will take a look around for another way in, as you suggested." He states in his usual stoic manner.


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

To Mireza, earlier: "The Manuscript that the five of them used to call up the creature we're chasing. This Adivion, though, was threatening Hyve, and Baveksh killed him with his own sword. I was hoping we could find Baveksh before he fled--hence my haste--for fear we might need the Manuscript to put the creature down for good."

While Grigor works on the gate, Windle takes advantage of the last few minutes of the perceive cues spell to search the area.

Perception check: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21

Survival check to look for tracks: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23


Map

Windle:
You scan the facade of the building. It should be fairly easy to climb these walls, as well as get through a window, for some of the bars blocking them are in poor shape. You see furtive movement from behind the window, but no one on the asylum grounds.


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

"Don't look now, but it appears that we're being watched."


Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7

Iozef looks around to see who Windle is talking about. Not really caring one way or the other, "It matters little, Mr. Thetra. We've an objective, we will see it complete."


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:32/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Grigor studies the lock for a full minute before taking out a thin wand of stained wood and touching it to his right hand while muttering a word.

Cats Grace + 4 dex. 3 minute duration

Wand work done, he sets to his task, very carefully probing and working at the lock.

Take 20 + 10 + 2 for buff, + 3 for Trap Finder class feature.Total 35


Map

Grigor slowly works the lock opening the gate. Beyond, a straight path of crushed stones leads to the main entrance of the building: a double door of dark brown wood with brass locks and reinforced with dark steel nails. A very small path seems to go around the building as well.

The park surrounding the asylum has a few benches and tables under trees. Everything is quite old and in bad shape, but the whole place leaves you with a sense of peace. But then the ground beneath your feet rumbles, ever so slightly; its distant rumour catching your heart in fear's grip.

It is approaching.

Peace resumes over the park, with the rain dropping like buckets over your heads.


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

"Well? Now what? Are we going to try and be polite this time? Not that I think that it will work...it is an asylum after all..."


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

"I doubt we have time for politeness, if the creature is near. The front door seems too obvious, though. We could enter through one of the windows on the upper floors, though. The walls look easy to climb."


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:32/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Grigor replaces his picks, then pours some lamp oil on the hinges of the gate and waits another minute before trying to open one.

Stealth Take 10 + 10 = 20 + whatever situational bonus you may or may not give


Map

All is silent as the gate smoothly swings open.


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:32/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Very good... .

Grigor seems less wild than before - he's still angry, anyone with any skill at reading people can tell that, but its a cold anger,intense and focused.

He moves into the courtyard quietly and where possible into shadows and near walls or obstructions, walking around the asylum purposefully. He starts examining the building for windows, cellars and other points of entry.

Take 10 stealth + 10 = 20. Yes I know I have a group of people not stealthing but its a habit

Perception
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16


Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7

"Do we really have time for all this skulking around? The more time we waste looking for another way in, the more time we allow the creature to accomplish what it intends. I know Mr. Thetra has reservations about using the front door, as do the rest of you I would gather, but I do not. Is there a reason why we do not use the front door? I believe our greatest fear should be the thing that destroys everything from underneath, not what lies behind the front door of the asylum. Or from anything else within, for that matter."


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

Valiard follows Grigor around as he examines the building.


Map

You find a few windows whose bars can be removed. It's a short climb to reach them though.


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:32/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Grigor looks at his armoured chest and then at the lightly clad Valiard and sighs...

He motions him over, bows down somewhat and hooks his hands.

See if you can get those bars out


Map

Climb DC 10 to get to the window, then STR DC 10 to take five minutes, DC 15 to do it in one minute, DC 20 to snap it off quickly.


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

"If any of you has some rope, you could climb up and tie it to the bar, so that more of us can pull on it at once."


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:32/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

I take it my giving him a leg up is the equivalent to aid another on the climb?


Map

Yes.


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

Valiard looks at Grigor, then at the bars, then at Grigor, then back up, and sighs.

"Really?...Crap."

Valiard puts his foot in Grigor's hands and lets him heave him up, quickly getting into position.

Climb 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

"So...just pull the bars off?" Valiard asks.

Well this is awkward. Breaking and entering at the behest of a crow...who would have thought.

Valiard begins pulling on the bars. Then stops.

"You know...I have an idea. Shipping rope."

Valiard rummages through his bag for a moment, pulling out some rope that looks like it fell into the sewer. He threads the rope through the bars, tying it off, then drops the rope to the ground. He mimes pulling on the rope and points at Grigor and the rest, then braces himself to pull on the bars.

Str check (yeah, right) 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

STR check to Aid Another: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Windle takes up the rope with a hint of fastidiousness at its condition, but this doesn't keep him from pulling hard. The bars creak....


Map

The bar is easily removed and falls with a thud in the wet grass.


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:32/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Good Idea, says Grigor handing about 15 feet of rope, Now get up there and into that room and ties this off to something so we can get in

Grigor goes back to the wall and prepares to give him another leg up.


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

Valiard groans.

"Again?", he asks as he slings the rope over his shoulder. Then, accepting Grigor's help, he climbs up to the window and drops into the room.

Climb 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Stealth 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

Do the remaining bars look strong enough to tie a rope to?


Happy to be here

Valiard:
You come in what must be the orderlies' mess. Old green-white paint adorns the cracked plaster walls. A long table fills the room, with comfortable old leather sofas along the walls. The room smells of detergent, wine and cigar smoke. It seems the table was clean hastily. A door probably leads to another room, while another probably leads to the hallway.


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

Valiard moves back to the window and ties off the rope to the remaining bars. Then, moving with a peculiar gliding grace, Valiard stealthily moves into the next room, eyes and ears straining for the barest hint of danger.

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

I am assuming that because it is very overcast and storming outside, the inside can be considered gloomily oppressive and very poorly lit. There aren't so much as shadows as the whole place is just dim/dark.


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

Is a 13 good enough to get up the rope? 15 if Grigor gives her an Aid Another? That's taking 10 so she doesn't risk falling.


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:32/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Aiding Mireza


Map

Once the rope is set, the climbing is easy, with the more athletics helping the others move up.

You come in what must be the orderlies' mess. Old green-white paint adorns the cracked plaster walls. A long table fills the room, with comfortable old leather sofas along the walls. The room smells of detergent, wine and cigar smoke. It seems the table was clean hastily. A door probably leads to another room, while another probably leads to the hallway.


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

"Wait, Apothecary," Mireza whispers as she spies Valiard about to slip through one of the doors. "In case we get separated." Standing at the window, she points one finger at Valiard and four on the other hand down at the rest of the party and intones, "Gyfrinachol." Nodding to Valiard to continue, she murmurs, "Whisper back to me if you find something."

casting message


Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7

Iozef climbs the rope reluctantly, and then straightens himself up when he makes his way inside. As he finishes dusting himself off, he clasps his hands behind his back and waits patiently for the herbalist to report back his findings.


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

"Miri, I am not going that far. I just don't want us to get surprised. I will be near." he whispers as he moves into the next room, hugging the wall.


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:32/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Grigor hugs the other wall moving quietly to the next room as well to support Valia...

[stealth take 10 + 10 = 20]


Map

I'm not sure 'take 10' applies well to stealth in a hostile building. I could see it for hiding something in a room, but not for evading detection.


Map

The upper floor is eerily quiet, but like an echo, you hear the faint cries of demented patrons from below, as they wail after the lightning racing through the sky.

The hallway seems to go all the way through the building, lined with doors, some closed, some ajar.


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

Valiard moves stealthily down the hallway to the right, eyes and ears open for the sound of any danger.

You know...I wish that things were on the top floor of a building...well normal people keep their valuables on the top floor, the deranged ones seem to always dig down toward the dark places.

"It seems like nothing but cells up here...which means that we are going to have to go downstairs...I wonder if crazy people try to hide their inner darkness, and that's what drives them to dig down underground." Valiard whispers.


Map

Valiard:
As you get to the center of the building, you see a wide staircase leading to the ground floor. You hear, coming from below, faint whispers, sobs and wails of the demented patrons. A voice breaks the pattern: "Quiet you! Now remember what the good doc asked you. Anyone coming to harm us... We GET'em!" The other voices laughs and cackle softly.

The place has a lot of little rooms and small passages. So far you've followed the main ones only.


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

"He hasn't found anything up here," Mireza passes along quietly to the rest of the group. (I assume everyone's climbed the rope by now.) "He wants to check downstairs." She drops her voice down to a nearly-inaudible level, which nevertheless sounds clearly in everyone's ears, thanks to her spell. Messaged: Shouldn't we follow you before you go farther? If you run into danger, you'll want the Crow near.


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

"Does he hear any signs of life?"


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

She shrugs and spreads her hand helplessly in the air, indicating that he hasn't said yet, and waits to hear back from Valiard.


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

"I think that we have a welcoming party downstairs. I am at the top of the stairs now. Come down to the right." Valiard whispers.

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

"He hears something downstairs," she tells Windle. "He says the stairs are down the hall to the right." She motions to the rest of the party that it's time to move, although she'll let Grigor or Windle take the lead.

Stealth 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

Windle will defer to the Crow.


Map

Valiard:
Looking at the branches of the hallway, you notice most of them have doors to bar access to certain areas, but one of these is certainly in better shape. Beyond, it seems as though the quality of the furniture is slightly better. Furthermore, this one is still closed, whereas the others are opened. It leads to an area at the back of the asylum.

As the group moves forth to join with Valiard, they realize just how old those floorboards are.

Stealth rolls if you proceed to the central area.


Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7

Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

Stealth rolled above.


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

Stealth check: 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 - 1 = 8

It's the Peter Cushing look...floorboards have to creak dramatically.


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:32/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Grigor moves with exceptional stealth...

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

but is so distracted by Windle, he too makes errors... he winces at a miss step of his own.

The dice roll either hot or cold... I don't seem to hit the middle of the road very often.


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

"A moment." Windle casts detect thoughts and concentrates on the area down the stairs.

1,001 to 1,050 of 1,789 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Deepest Shadows Lie Longest - IC All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.