Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Deepest Shadows Lie Longest (Inactive)

Game Master Dreaming Warforged

Carrion Hill Module


451 to 500 of 1,789 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

"Better the Crow than I," Mireza answers absent-mindedly, keeping her bundle of herbs close to her face as she gazes at the sluice gates. "Wait. Before we step into their parlor...." She opens a pocket of her scarf, and a spider crawls out onto her hand, waving its front legs emphatically. "Just to the top of the pipe," she croons to it entreatingly, "Stay hidden and tell me what you see. If you have reason to fear, then scamper back as fast as you can." The spider circles in place on her palm, and Mireza's tone grows a little sharper. "You think you're any safer in my pocket? If I am crushed like the Crows and the Keepers, will you not be crushed with me?" Her voice turns tender again. "I would not knowingly send you into danger. What would I do without you? I would be smothered by the silence in my mind." The spider seemingly convinced, she lays her hand against the surface of the sluice-gate, and the arachnid scurries off her palm and around onto the relatively dry ceiling of the pipe whence it quickly disappears up into the darkness.

The itsy-bitsy spider goes up the waterspout: Climb speed 30 feet, take 10 on Stealth = 27, take 10 on Perception = 18. The plan is for it to climb to the top of the pipe and look and listen for any signs of inhabitants inside the building. (It has Darkvision 60 feet.) While it is away, it has an empathic link with Mireza, which means she'll know if it feels frightened or threatened (or sickened by the smell) but not why; when it returns, it can tell her, for example, if it saw or heard any people or creatures, whether the pipe opens up inside the building itself or inside a vat, whether the building is an open warehouse set-up or if it came out in a subdivided room, etc. Both its sense of self-preservation and Mireza's instructions to keep safe will keep it from going any farther than what it can learn from the top of the pipe.


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

Valiard watches Mireza talking to the spider with a bemused expression. Then as the spider leaves her hand and crawls away he smiles in wonder.

"I wish that I could climb half as well..." he says under his breath, then louder: "You are always full of surprises, aren't you Mireza? I don't think that I would have ever seen that coming. Can you talk to other animals?"


Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7
Windle Thetra wrote:
"Frater Kolnikov, we are speaking here of an individual who conjured forth one of the elder evils so as to learn great and terrible secrets. A little rudeness would not rank highly among his many sins. As for the apothecary and the--" His friendly and open expression slips a bit for just a moment. "--fortune teller, perhaps they have found another entrance. Let us see."

Iozef steps away from the door so Grigor can pound on it, then turns his attention to Windle. Pondering the man's logic, "Fair enough. They may prove useful yet."


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Grigor continues to pound on the door.


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3
Valiard Tessar wrote:

Valiard watches Mireza talking to the spider with a bemused expression. Then as the spider leaves her hand and crawls away he smiles in wonder.

"I wish that I could climb half as well..." he says under his breath, then louder: "You are always full of surprises, aren't you Mireza? I don't think that I would have ever seen that coming. Can you talk to other animals?"

"Only to her," she shakes her head distractedly, clearly anxious about the spider being out of her reach. "She taught me. It took years. She said I was very unintelligent or I'd have learned faster." She smiles fondly at Valiard, obviously not offended by the spider's insult. "She was lonely, you see, for someone to listen to her. It's very hard to be full of things to say and not have anyone to talk to." She frowns and then laughs softly. "She's cross now because I'm enjoying myself talking to you instead of worrying about her. Shh!" Her eyes dancing with laughter, she turns back to the sluice-gate to focus on the sensations communicated to her by the spider.


Map

Grigor hear nothing but silence, despite his heavy pounding.

Windle and Iozef turn the corner in time to see Valiard and Mireza standing near the water's edge and the closest of the three sluice pipes leading into the building.

Perception DC 27:
A small spider crawls out of the tube and climbs on Mireza's hand.

Mireza:
The spider makes her way back to your hand and stays on the edge of your sleeve, whispering to you: "It's not that bad you know! I'm sure you could climb up there. It's a long and vast room with pools of purple liquid. A dozen of people are working there. They don't look good... Like slaves."


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Grigor cups a hand to his ear.

I hear a scream.

He then backs up and charges at the door, ramming his body into it.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Don't just stand there - help


Map

Valiard, Mireza, Iozef and Windle, you hear Grigor.


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

Mireza welcomes the return of her spider with relief, then frowns. "Apothecary, have you heard anything about slave labor in the middenstone factory?" Knowledge (local) to have heard any rumors about Myre's business practices 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

She turns as she hears Grigor shouting at the front of the building and sighs. "Is the Crow pecking at a door again? Should we tell him about the sluice-gate? She says it's not difficult ... but then it wouldn't be, for her."


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Grigor charges the door a second time.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

Perception check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

Windle rejoins Grigor and also attempts to break down the door.

STR check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17


Map

Mireza:
As best you can tell, the middenstone factories are the last place anyone would wish to work. So steady workforce can be a problem. There has been no rumour of slave use, though Myre's factory is said to have an amazing productivity.


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

Valiard frowns for a moment and then shrugs. "Legally a slave or economically a slave, its the same." Valiard thinks for a few seconds. "You know, I wouldn't doubt it for a second though. Myre's profit margins have got to be slim. Nobody but the poorest build with middenstone, so he cannot be getting an incredibly large net income. I would bet that he does use some sort of coercion, so he doesn't have to pay the workers. That would reduce one of the last major expenses...the only thing left would be fuel costs to bake the bricks...coal or wood are not cheap, and magic is even more expensive."

"Shall we go in and unlock the door from the inside to surprise them? Or go and see what the yelling is about?" Valiard grins at the thought of infiltrating the building.

"I could do without being dipped in the slime though..."


Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

Iozef points in an attempt to warn Mireza as he heads their direction. Ignoring the loud Grigor, "Madam Mireza, you..." he starts but stops as she appears to welcome the critter. Oh bother. I truly do not want to know. "Nevermind. Have you two found another way in?"


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

"Through the sluice-gate," she answers the young priest. "There are some dozen workers inside who seem to be there not of their own will."


Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7

Iozef examines the gate then turns back to the two. "One moment." He turns and heads toward Grigor and Windle.

"Mr. Vachkov, Mr. Thetra, Mr. Tessar and Madam Mireza have found another way in. This way please." Iozef turns back around and heads back to the others.


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

"I think we need to find some mud for that stick." Valiard mutters as Iozef walks away.


Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7

Lol! What?! You mean, none of you thinks this guy's an absolute riot?! Seriously?! I beginning to think you people have the wrong impression of this guy. Just sayin'. ;)


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

I like him :)

Grigor turns to Iozef as he points to the sluice and watches him for a long moment, then starts looking around.

Go right ahead - you go that way, element of surprise and all that.

Grigor casts his eyes about as he says the words.

Anything around I can use as a makeshift battering ram? A bench, ornamental log or fence post etc?


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

I think you are playing him just awesome Iozef...annoying but not debilitating.


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

Agreed. Iozef is a blast to play off of.


Map

Grigor, roll Perception to find a tool.


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Take 10 - Perception 21.


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3
Valiard Tessar wrote:
"I think we need to find some mud for that stick." Valiard mutters as Iozef walks away.

Mireza giggles as she wanders off after the young priest. Reaching the corner, where she can see both Grigor at the door and the others at the back corner of the buiding, she points fingers in both directions and says, "Gyfrinachol." "Boo," she whispers in a voice that sounds clearly in everyone's ears at once, before she turns to head back toward the sluice-gates. "There are at least twelve working inside and ignoring your knock, Crow. If you find trouble, don't scream -- whisper." She pauses and considers. "Unless I don't answer. Then, scream."


Map

Grigor looks around, under the rain, looking for something to get that door down. After a few minutes, he finds a small courtyard with a wooden bench that could do the job just fine. The bench is in someone's courtyard though, a very poor family from the looks of it.


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

Valiard glances around as Mireza steps around the edge of the building, a slow grin growing on his face. He takes a deep breath, grabs the edge of the overlarge pipe and swings inside.

Climb 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Though slick, Valiard's nimble fingers find purchase quickly. He braces himself at the top of the pipe, and pulls out the rope and grappling hook, looking for a place to tie the rope off to, or a place to attach the grappling hook.


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Grigor puts a gold coin under the flagstone at the door and takes the bench and uses it to try to beat down the front door

1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 2 = 7 (+2 tool bonus)

Should also HOPEFULLY help in aid another


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Ok - today is one of those days that in NONE of my pbp games am I able to get a good number out - that said? I had a HUGE win at work today so virtual champagne for everyone!


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

Congrats!


Map

Better real than virtual!

The door stubornly refuses to cede to the Crows authority.

Meanwhile, Valiard feels the effects of the vats' fumes as they grip at his lungs (Fortitude please; also Stealth)


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

Where does the sluice gate come out? Can I see anything?

Fortitude 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Stealth 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Valiard starts gagging on the fumes.


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Grigor stays at it - jerking his head at the others to get some help


Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7

Iozef remains watchful, his hands clasped behind his back. Noticing Grigor's motioning, a quizzical look forms. Slightly leaning in toward Windle, "Is something the matter with Mr. Vachkov? He apparently has some form of twitch." Iozef asks, clearly not understanding the Crow's intent.


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

"He would like some assistance breaking the door down, preferring that to climbing through the slime in the sluice. Pardon me, Frater." The inquisitor returns to Grigor's assistance.

STR check to aid another: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

At this point I am taking 20 and just trying to wear the door down - the dice hate us :D


Male Human Cleric (Cloistered) 7

"Ah, yes. Of course." Thinking about climbing through slime, Iozef moves to help with the door.

Strength check to aid another: 1d20 ⇒ 11

Giving it his "best" effort, "Well, we've done all we can here. I suggest we wait for Mr. Tessar." He moves back out of the way, straightening his clothing so as to be presentable.


Map

The dice likes the door, that's all. Grigor, you can't take 20 on a STR check, but you cant cut or bludgeon the door with repeated attempts. What do you use to break it down? Who's helping?

Valiard is overpowered by the fumes and his stomach seems to want to turn itself inside out. ([url=http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/conditions#TOC-Sickened]Sickened[/irl])

The tunnel, now horizontal, turns into a for of narrow corridor leading to a metal panel blocking access. The panel is warm to the touch and sluice slowly seeps around its edges. It seems the panel can be slid up or down to allow sluice to flow don the pipe. The sluice seems very hot and toxic.

On your right, a ladder allows to climb up and the ceiling is now opened. This entrance probably allows for maintenance of the pipes.

You climb up to the edge and take a peek at the room. You find yourself in a very large room, almost as big as the building. Most of its floor surface is vats, three of them, with narrow passages around them. Twelve men are working at a slow rhythm around the vats.

On the left side of the room, you see a large wall with two short flights of step leading up. From that side, you hear Grigor's banging.

On the right side, a single short flight of steps leads to a raised area, shielded from view by a leather curtain. Beside it, a wall tells of another small room.


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

Valiard quickly ties off the rope and tosses it down the sluice.

Just in case someone else decides to come up...or I need to get out quickly.

Gagging, Valiard makes his way out of the pipe as quickly as possible, glancing furvitively at the seeping panel as he begins to climb up the ladder.

How can I hear the banging on the door, but the vat workers cannot?

Sooooo....how do I get to the door? Luckily the lighting in here is so poor...apparently windows are too expensive.

Where do they make the bricks? The kilns should be somewhere...no time for that now. The edges of the vats look high enough to hide behind if I am careful.

Sickened Fast Stealth 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 10 - 2 = 14

Valiard moves quickly and quietly through the opressive gloom of the vat room towards the door on the left, nerves poised and ready to bolt for the ladder.


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

Windle is helping with the door.

STR check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Errr, make that "Windle is trying to help with the door."


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Using the bench as a battering ram (left a post on that earlier),however its clear that we are not getting through... one last attempt...

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 (add in any circumstance bonus for the ram you choose[/dice]


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

Clearly pissed by ineffectualness of his attempts and the clear studiness of the door, he throws the bench he was using as a makeshift ram to one side in a fit of anger and steps back, looking for windows.


Female Changeling Witch 7 | hp 35/35 | AC: 19 (13 touch, 17 ff) CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +8 | Perception +1 (+3 w/ familiar) | Init +2 | Attack of Opportunity +3

Waiting outside the sluice gate, the banging and cursing of the Crow from the front of the building a constant backdrop, Mireza whispers, (messaged to everyone) "Apothecary. Are you in? What do you see?"

He can whisper a message back to her and not be overheard by anything less than a 25 Perception check.


Map

Valiard makes it slowly, waiting for a worker to move away from his path. He notices one of the vats being empty and filled with different molds at its bottom.

He gets to the door behind which an angry Crow lies.


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

Deimus:
Is the door locked? How much space do I have? Can I stand behind the door and open it. If I open the door is Grigor going to plunge to his doom into a molten vat of nastiness?


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

coughcough"Its a hedonist's dream in here...carpets, incense and dancing girls as far as the eye can see. I left a rope in the sluice if anyone wants to join me."cough


Map

Valiard:
from your side, the locking mecanism can simply be removed. Turning back, you see that the short flight of stairs has led you to some kind of decrepit waiting room, used also for storage and shipping from the look of it.
The smell here is tolerable, compared to the vats.


Taldan Roguish Herbalist/7; Hp:45/45; AC:17/14/13; darkvision 60'; trapspotter 10'; perception +12

Valiard releases the latch and steps back out of the way of the door.


Map

Grigor, Windle and Iozef, the door in front of you opens with Valiard behind. He's greener than usual, and accompanied by a toxic smell that hints at the source of his ailment.


***INACTIVE*** HP 37/40 AC 19/Touch AC 13/FF AC 15 (16 w/buckler); Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 Inquisitor/7

"Thank you, sir." Windle enters the building and looks around, narrow-eyed. "At one time I believed it was vanity alone that drove Master Myre to douse himself in perfume. No longer."


Urban Ranger 3 (Watchman) Male Human Ustalav Init +2 (+4) AC18|Touch 12|FlatFoot 14| CMD 19| HP:20/32 |Ft +5|Rx +5|Wl +5| Percept +9(+11) Snse Mot +9

That'll do Valiard... That'll do, he says before striding in like he owns the damn place.

What is the laws on Slavery and Indentured Labour? I am not sure if its a simple DC15 (ie take 10) or not for that info.

451 to 500 of 1,789 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Deepest Shadows Lie Longest - IC All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.