Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Darkness Below Maure Castle.... (Inactive)

Game Master Lord Thasmudyan

The ultimate dungeon delve deep into the bowels of Maure Castle where the evil, insane and vile House Maure once dwelt. What secrets lay hidden in this once proud House's crumbling abode and what happened to the members of this House....


401 to 450 of 718 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Male Elf Wizard- 12

Interesting enough...

A dark room, walls lined with Gargoyle heads; or living stone Gargoyle heads. Their eyes.... Nexumis trails off a bit. His voice turns soft and quiet, his speech slow and 'faded'.

Their eyes, just... just staring at me.. He finally pulls away from the wall very slowly. His eyes wide, like he's been awake for weeks, his face showing something far worse than shocked. Terrified.

Living stone; Gargoyles; Dusty room; ]

Those eyes!

Malcom; if we decide to get into that room...

Those eyes! Burning into my mind

I don't know how much use I would be.

Unwavering Stare. Those eyes.

I've had bad experiences with Gargoyles before.

Those eyes! Seeing into my thoughts?

We should move on


"Move forward! Gotch-ya."

Malcom begins chiseling away at the wall.


Frozen Stream Human Monk/12

Pendin cautions Malcolm as he starts to chisel away at the wall, "Malcolm, we may wish to regroup with the rest before proceeding. We can always come back if necessary..."


Pendin, Nexumis, what's on the other side? Aelaeron calls out.


Frozen Stream Human Monk/12

"Nex here said something about a dark room lined with gargoyle heads, maybe living? He seems frightened by the thought of them."


Frozen Stream Human Monk/12

"It appears to be a room lined with gargoyle heads, he said maybe alive? Nexumis appears to be frightened thinking about them..."


Pendin Fust wrote:
"Malcolm, we may wish to regroup with the rest before proceeding. We can always come back if necessary..."

Malcom ceases his actions and gently throws the tools to the ground as he turns to face the group.

"Very well then. If you people want to spoil all the fun of Adventuring we may proceed with other tasks."


Male Elf Wizard- 12

Nexumis looks at the at malcom, his face still grim, If we go through that demonic arch way, Ill stand back as as far as my scorch beams or firball spell can go. But, I say we come back now that I've den whats inside. The gargoyles arnt alive yet. But its a bit harder to burn or stab stone than it is flesh.

He then makes his way down the hall a good 30 ft.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human Ranger 3 || HP 32/32 || AC 16, T 13, FF 13, CMD 17 || F +5, R +6, W +1 || Per. +6, Init +5

Malcom, break thru budy!

Cheliax

Male Human 666th Lvl Evil DM

So is the party wanting to break through the wall or not?


Break through the wall Malcom! We're with you all the way!


Frozen Stream Human Monk/12

But of course, I would love it personally if you broke through!"

Shadow Lodge

Male Human Ranger 3 || HP 32/32 || AC 16, T 13, FF 13, CMD 17 || F +5, R +6, W +1 || Per. +6, Init +5

Drake moves down to the back of the area where he is watching Malcolm break the wall down but he is holding up the read of the line (last in party formation)


I was under the impression that the party didn't want me to break through. If the majority wants me to I will!


F Half-Elf Were-Tigress

Those who are there apparently do, my vote doesn't count since she went off to avoid any traps you might spring. Of course that could be taken as a "no" vote, but I'll let Malcom decide for himself how he takes that.


Mostly I'm voting for us to do something.

Cheliax

Male Human 666th Lvl Evil DM

Well the party needs to decide one way or another, it seems so far that the Yays! have it but I leave it up to you, I just need to know if you are going to break it down

Cheliax

Male Human 666th Lvl Evil DM
Aelaeron Beast-Caller wrote:
Mostly I'm voting for us to do something.

Lol, I hear ya kinda of the reason I have been somewhat quiet, waiting to find out which way the party wants to go


Frozen Stream Human Monk/12

Break it down! Adventure is the spice of life!

If Malcolm breaks down the wall:
Pendin moves to be right behind Malcolm ready to help protect him from anything on the other side

If Malcolm doesn't break down the wall:
[b]This way, towards the others!


Break it down! Nexxy's scared of animated stone... He's been crushed before


Aelaeron takes a moment to try to remember some useful information about gargoyles.

Knowledge(nature): 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (3) + 22 = 25


Since the majority vote seems to be in favor of breaking down the wall, that's what I'll do! Malcom swings away with the hammer and chisel.

Cheliax

Male Human 666th Lvl Evil DM

Malcom spends several minutes attacking the wall with the hammer and chisel making all sorts of noise in the process. When he completes the light from Luca's dancing light spell reveals a 20 x 20 room. All along the walls at waist height are gargoyle heads mounted to the walls. their mouths are open and their eyes staring back at you. The room seems empty otherwise.

Cheliax

Male Human 666th Lvl Evil DM
Aelaeron Beast-Caller wrote:

Aelaeron takes a moment to try to remember some useful information about gargoyles.

[Dice=Knowledge(nature)]1d20+22

with that roll you know pretty much know anything in there stat block or description

Shadow Lodge

Male Human Ranger 3 || HP 32/32 || AC 16, T 13, FF 13, CMD 17 || F +5, R +6, W +1 || Per. +6, Init +5

What do you see up there Malcom?

After saying that I am going to slip into the shadows to prepare for an assault just in case
stealth roll
1d20 + 24 ⇒ (5) + 24 = 29

I am going to keep an eye on the opening and have my shortbow readied for something to come out if it does.


F Half-Elf Were-Tigress

Noticing the noise stop without any explosions, Chirinide will quietly move till she can see what's going on but not into the room.
Stealth: 1d20 + 31 ⇒ (8) + 31 = 39


Aelaeron moves forward and casts detect magic to examine the gargoyle heads.

Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (9) + 18 = 27

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (1) + 22 = 23

Knowledge(arcana): 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (2) + 22 = 24

Yeesh, I'm rolling garbage.


Male Elf Wizard- 12

Anything? Other than the stone devils? Nexumis calls from 30' down the hall,

If theres any need of my assistance just yell at me, and get out of the way.

Cheliax

Male Human 666th Lvl Evil DM
Aelaeron Beast-Caller wrote:

Aelaeron moves forward and casts detect magic to examine the gargoyle heads.

[Dice=Perception]1d20+18

[Dice=Spellcraft]1d20+22

[Dice=Knowledge(arcana)]1d20+22

Yeesh, I'm rolling garbage.

Where abouts are you moving up too Aelaeron, just outside or inside?


Lord Thasmudyan wrote:
Aelaeron Beast-Caller wrote:

Aelaeron moves forward and casts detect magic to examine the gargoyle heads.

[Dice=Perception]1d20+18

[Dice=Spellcraft]1d20+22

[Dice=Knowledge(arcana)]1d20+22

Yeesh, I'm rolling garbage.

Where abouts are you moving up too Aelaeron, just outside or inside?

With the 60' range, I'm staying as far back as I can while still catching the heads in view.


Frozen Stream Human Monk/12

Pendin looks at Malcolm, and looks back at the rest of the group there, looks back at Malcolm and says, "Do you want the honors to walk in first?"


"You know I do!"

Malcom equips a shield to each arm and walks right into the room.

"I don't know what you all are so afraid of."


There is a difference between distraction and caution, dear Malcom, Aelaeron says in a distracted tone of voice.

That protection you put on him has probably worn off by now, Luca.


He's a tough guy, Boss. He can handle it

The butterfly-winged dragon uses the magic wand to scratch his hard to reach back scales.

Cheliax

Male Human 666th Lvl Evil DM

Malcom roll me a will save please

Cheliax

Male Human 666th Lvl Evil DM

Aelaeron

Spoiler:

The room itself glows with magic, though as to specifically what kind of magic your not quite sure as this is above your ability to determine or it is really powerful magic cast by a high level mage far exceeding your own magical strength.


Nexxy! Come have a look! This room is positively awash in mystical energies!

Shadow Lodge

Male Human Ranger 3 || HP 32/32 || AC 16, T 13, FF 13, CMD 17 || F +5, R +6, W +1 || Per. +6, Init +5

as soon as malcom walks into the room I move up to where I can see inside the room, hopefully within range where I can see him still but not entering the room at all. I have an arrow knocked and ready to go incase something comes after him

stealth roll

1d20 + 24 ⇒ (20) + 24 = 44


Male Elf Wizard- 12

Mystical energies or Demonic Curses? Nexumis calls back to Aelaeron. But nudges forward anyways. Standing still 10' away from the archway, Nexumis casts his own detect magic spell and concentrates as best he can on his findings.

Detect Magic Helpers:

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26

Spell Craft: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (5) + 21 = 26

Knowledge: Arcana: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18

I thought I had a chance... Seems Dice roller doesn't like use finding out anything about these gargoyles here....


Will Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


F Half-Elf Were-Tigress

Good Idea

She casts detect magic as well and studies the magic hoping to learn something about it that she can use in her own spellcrafting.
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17

Knowledge(arcana): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Cheliax

Male Human 666th Lvl Evil DM

Malcom

Spoiler:

As you enter the room you feel a tingling and you mind becomes befuddled.

Chirinide and Nexumis

Spoiler:

Neither of you like Aelaeron are able to place what sort of spell or magical effect is on this room, you can however tell it is really powerful and probably the reason for the arcane symbol that warned of danger.

Everyone but Malcom

Malcom walks into the room and for a brief second everything seems okay then he gets this blank stare on his face and looks down at the shields he has strapped to his arms and then at the gargoyle heads on the wall. Before any of you realize what is happening he walks up to the nearest gargoyle head and places one of his shields into its mouth. It closes and a loud crunching sound comes from it. After a few seconds it opens it mouth and spits out what remains of the shield though it has been reduced to scrap metal in the shape of a cube 6" x 6". Malcom gaze continues to look far off as he looks down at his other shield.

Everyone except Malcom roll init.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human Ranger 3 || HP 32/32 || AC 16, T 13, FF 13, CMD 17 || F +5, R +6, W +1 || Per. +6, Init +5

Init roll
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Initiative: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23


Frozen Stream Human Monk/12

Init 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29


OH F$%+!


Male Elf Wizard- 12

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

See! NO magical nothin! Demonic Curses!! Were in for it now!


Frozen Stream Human Monk/12

"Malcolm, what are you doing?! Your shield!!!" Pendin goes to grab Malcolm by the shoulder to get his attention, but stops himself. He looks back, "Any of you magical folk know what just happened to Malcolm??"


F Half-Elf Were-Tigress

=O Oh no! Guess I will have to make him a wooden one.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

"Wait! Don't go.. in.. there.." She face palms with a sigh,

How is this guy alive today? How? I guess he had some really great people looking after him.

Cheliax

Male Human 666th Lvl Evil DM

Pendin you have init go ahead and declare what you are going to do.

401 to 450 of 718 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Darkness Below Maure Castle.... All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.