Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

The Darkness Below Maure Castle.... (Inactive)

Game Master Lord Thasmudyan

The ultimate dungeon delve deep into the bowels of Maure Castle where the evil, insane and vile House Maure once dwelt. What secrets lay hidden in this once proud House's crumbling abode and what happened to the members of this House....


351 to 400 of 718 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Male Elf Wizard- 12

Gnolls are stupid and weak creatures... Something leads me to think the treasure of Maure Castle can wait a bit. Dealing with this Gnoll army and evil wizard may be of a more pressing matter... But with gnolls within this place already, you think there maybe some passage leading from here to the mountains you named?

The elf rubs his free hand through his hair, sighs and closes his eyes for a few seconds; a quick meditate if you will..

This is getting a bit confusing to me; can some one fill me in with the details... Why exactly did we come to investigate this castle? Merely to find the treasures inside and solve its mysteries? Is is there a bigger picture that were aware of? An secondly, the Gnoll... Where, or when did you encounter it in here? Did it follow you in? Or was it patrolling? Wandering? Or in search of something within Maure?


Frozen Stream Human Monk/12

"We encountered this poor creature in a group coming out of the big double doors over there. The rest of it's group was dispatched quickly, but I managed to tie this one up and drank a potion of Tongues so that I might speak to it. What you say is true, it was seemingly stupid and very unwilling to impart any help or knowledge. Perhaps one of our other group members can explain why we are here better than I...I was never that proficient in relaying instruction to others."


F Half-Elf Were-Tigress

"We are here because some Hellknights came here and our employer is worried about what they found or may find. Therefore letting the gnolls form to oust the Hellknights wizard is a good idea, we just need a plan to deal with the remainder. As for a passage, possible but unlikely, or it goes really far away from the gnoll tribes. If it there was a tunnel closer to the tribes then these messengers would have taken that route instead of this one."

She looks to Pendin after his reply,(In an exasperated tone)
"Of course he wasn't willing to help. You immediately attacked without provocation thus declaring yourself an enemy, why would he help you? And since when does that make one stupid anyway?"


Nexumis wrote:

Gnolls are stupid and weak creatures... Something leads me to think the treasure of Maure Castle can wait a bit. Dealing with this Gnoll army and evil wizard may be of a more pressing matter... But with gnolls within this place already, you think there maybe some passage leading from here to the mountains you named?

The elf rubs his free hand through his hair, sighs and closes his eyes for a few seconds; a quick meditate if you will..

This is getting a bit confusing to me; can some one fill me in with the details... Why exactly did we come to investigate this castle? Merely to find the treasures inside and solve its mysteries? Is is there a bigger picture that were aware of? An secondly, the Gnoll... Where, or when did you encounter it in here? Did it follow you in? Or was it patrolling? Wandering? Or in search of something within Maure?

Aelaeron arches an eyebrow at Nexumis unexpected revelation. Perhaps the better question is, 'Why are you here, Nexumis?' As Chirinide said, we were gathered for this expedition with clear objectives. You teleported in, and yet you seem to have no knowledge of why we're here. I'd suggest that you explain yourself immediately. I, for one, am now very curious as to your presence here, and your motives. And, please, do include how it was that you managed to arrive here exactly at our location.

Aelaeron settles his gaze on Nexumis, and grips one of the rods hanging from his belt.

Dark Archive

Male Human 666th Lvl Evil DM

give me a knowledge (local) check Aelaeron


Knowledge(local): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29


Frozen Stream Human Monk/12

"I assure you, Chirinide, I only bound this creature to save it from being attacked and to question it. I had all intentions of letting it live, and even made my intentions quite clear to it. This beast was seemingly stupid, not definitively. And after conversing with it, I believe any of use would have come to the same conclusions."

Pendin seems to take no notice of the exasperation escaping Chirinide's voice. He bows his head slightly and offers this, "My apologies, my friend. I meant no disrepect to your sensibilities and if I have crossed them then please accept this apology."


F Half-Elf Were-Tigress

Chirinide laughs at Pendin's response, "Do you honestly believe that simple survival is at the top of everyone's priority list? I can tell truthfully that I would have been equally unhelpful had the situation been reversed. Not everyone will help an enemy just to survive, in fact any real warrior of my world would be disgusted at the very notion, which is why I wanted to use magic on him."


Male Elf Wizard- 12

Magic helps to get information that they already know. Not making them smart enough to understand what they've seen within this castle. You may have learned where they were headed to, or a rough description of what they found in here.. But nothing more intelligent than a child Elf could tell you. Gnolls are in fact, a stupid race in whole. I've dealt with them before. Lets stop this bickering over an over grown pest and move along; agreed?


Frozen Stream Human Monk/12

"Agreed. We can let the ethical debate over physical force and magical might rest. Two different sides of the same coin." Turning from Chirinide and facing the rest, "I would put my vote towards exploring the room with the chalice at a later point. We already know it's effects and I hate to leave something coming from behind us if we are trying to carefully edge around the zone of effect."

Shadow Lodge

Male Human Ranger 3 || HP 32/32 || AC 16, T 13, FF 13, CMD 17 || F +5, R +6, W +1 || Per. +6, Init +5

I agree with pendin


F Half-Elf Were-Tigress

O.O How did my comment get taken as physical vs magic? I am baffled by that.

Chirinide sighs and then heads off towards the arcane symbols that were found earlier and studies them.

K Arcana: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Frozen Stream Human Monk/12

Pendin's not the most intelligent...and he would have fixated on the last part where you wanted to use magic.


Male Elf Wizard- 12

Nexumis looks at Pemdin with an confused gaze, giggles slighty an nods his head agreeong with Drake. Seeing Chirinide go to check out the arcane symbols, Nexumis figures two heads are better than one, he walks with her to help figure them out.


I didnt mean to undermine you m'lady. I dont believe the gnol woud have beem much use, forgive my boldness.

K. Arcane: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 19

Dark Archive

Male Human 666th Lvl Evil DM

Chirinide and Nexumis

Spoiler:

You go up the north tunnel, ten feet after turning at an angle northeast, this ten-foot-wide stone passage ends abruptly in a stone wall of decidedly different manufacture than the side walls and floor. Two arcane looking symbols, about the size of a human head, mark the wall at eye level. A hammer and chisel lie upon the floor in front of the wall, immediately below a fist-sized hole knocked into its center. Beyond the hole lies absolute darkness.

You both examine the arcane symbols on the wall and come to the mutual decision that these symbols are a warning of magical danger


Male Elf Wizard- 12

Looking to the half-elf, Maybe we should show the others before we do anything with this... This warning doesn't mean much by itself... What do you think?

Nexumis motions for the rest of the party to come check it out;

Want to break down the wall Mal?


Ahh, knock it down.. What are you thinkin? You could get us all killed! Chirinide, what do you think?

The mephit stays near Nexumis, just staring at its master.


Aelaeron grumbles, You still haven't answered my questions, Nexxy. But I suppose I should have a look at this thing as well.

The elf makes his way over to the arcane symbol and studies it after casting detect magic to enhance his sight.

Knowledge(Arcana): 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (5) + 22 = 27


Male Elf Wizard- 12

Nexumis smiles and nods to Aelaeron, Yes, a bit dodgy am I? I'm here under the same employer as you all. To help with the same thing; find out what the Hellknights are doing here, and what, IF, they've found anything. As I said, I've my own agenda as well, which I may relay to you if you stop your grumbling, you grumpy wizard you Nexumis lets out an out of place laugh. Finding it hard to stop giggling moments afterward.

Now, as far as my delicate mode of transportation is simply overwhelming and not important at the moment. Now, back to the matter at hand please Aelaeron, does your mind hold any better knowledge of these warnings? If so, oh do share my friend; I'm Dieing to know Another grin finds it's way to Nexumis's face.

I'll have to tell them eventually I'm sure... But now is not the time. Catching up to the Hell Knights must come first.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human Ranger 3 || HP 32/32 || AC 16, T 13, FF 13, CMD 17 || F +5, R +6, W +1 || Per. +6, Init +5

Let's quit this quarreling and get down to work shall we? I am sick of this yammering.

goes south of were everyone is and looks around for anything out of the ordinary

I only go down about 40ft or so
perception check
1d20 + 20 ⇒ (11) + 20 = 31


Oooh, I like him boss! He doesn't put up with any of your garbage either!


Hush up Luca!

Aelaeron surreptitiously casts prestidigitation on Nexumis and gives him a pair of floppy, pink bunny ears.

Yes, you're all quite right I'm sure, give me a moment and I'll see if I can garner any more information regarding this symbol than what you two have already discovered.

Thas, I'm waiting on results on the knowledge (arcana)check, and the knowledge (local) check from before regarding Eli Tomorast.

Dark Archive

Male Human 666th Lvl Evil DM

Aelaeron

Spoiler:

You see nothing more than the other two see from these symbols they are arcane and a warning about magical danger you would guess beyond this wall. Eli Tomorast on the other hand you are not so sure about you remember reading about a wizard that disappeared 50 or more years ago that went by this name but nothing else.

Drake you look down the south tunnel and see the corridor you were in before with chirinide but nothing else as nothing has changed.


Unfortunately I don't have anything else to add regarding the symbol. I do recall hearing of a wizard named Eli Tomorast who vanished about fifty years ago, but aside from that, I'm afraid I can't be of much help. Drake, please lead the way.

Aelaeron falls in at the middle of the party.


Frozen Stream Human Monk/12

Pendin silently follows Aelaeron, although keeping himself to the back of the group and watching for anything coming back from the chalice room.

Perception for watching 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (2) + 20 = 22


Nexumis wrote:
Want to break down the wall Mal?

Malcom stands up. The momentairy rest has done him well.

He walks over Nexumis with a low brow and a big smile and replies:

"I'd love to break down a wall"

Malcom begins ro run his fingers over the wall to determine if its too strong to break through.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human Ranger 3 || HP 32/32 || AC 16, T 13, FF 13, CMD 17 || F +5, R +6, W +1 || Per. +6, Init +5

I want to walk down further towards the doorway that is there and continue to look around more just in case.

1d20 + 20 ⇒ (18) + 20 = 38

after looking around I walk back up to them and ask are you guys done yet?


F Half-Elf Were-Tigress

"Malcom, it's your hide, risk if you want but I don't advise it, and be sure to give me time to get into the next room before you start okay." Chirinide walks to the room with the sun carvings and explores around, studying, getting a feel for the culture of those who made them and what they mean.


Well, I didn't detect anything magical, but that doesn't mean there aren't any traps. Discretion being the better part of valor, allow me to remove myself along with Chirinide before you begin your architectural redesign of the premises, Malcom.

Aelaeron also goes into the room with the sun carvings.

Detect Magic is still up

Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21
Knowledge(History): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18


Male Elf Wizard- 12

awww no tail? Nexumis laughs before using his own magicto wisp away his new ears.

Then looking to malcom is there any other way to get through a wall besides breaking it down? Maybe they're right though pal, it could be deviously mundane trapped, something we cant detect. But then again the signs could be there to just scare people away from a wizards quarters. Stuffed ful of knowledge an arcane items. Almost drooling just thinking about it hehe. But nevertheless i shall follow zuit, Drake, lead the way my stealthy friend.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human Ranger 3 || HP 32/32 || AC 16, T 13, FF 13, CMD 17 || F +5, R +6, W +1 || Per. +6, Init +5

searching for traps

1d20 + 26 ⇒ (11) + 26 = 37

[ooc] after searching if I find anything I will try to disable them if there are they anything there.

disable device:

1d20 + 22 ⇒ (1) + 22 = 23


Frozen Stream Human Monk/12

Pendin nods in approval at Malcolm. He positions himself to be 10 feet behind the warrior.


Malcom steps back quite a ways. He prepares himself mentally and then charges at the wall.

Attempt to overcome break DC of the wall: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


I'm sorry, but can someone take a moment and explain to me what we're trying to accomplish by breaking down this wall?


"That Human might is stronger than stone!"

"That and the fact that there is likely something here that we're not noticing. The wall has markings which are Arcane in nature. This is something that I am not well versed in. Since nobody who is well versed in the language of Magic can figure out what it is, if anything, I am choosing to resort to something I am good at to try and discover what it is, if it is.... anything"

in his attempt to sound intelligent, Malcom wraps himself up in his own words.


Aelaeron grins and winks at Malcom, then affects a frown to hold back his own mirth.

By all means then, please proceed. When we bring every denizen of this dungeon down upon our heads by making all this noise, I'm sure we'll show them just how strong men, and elves, and gnomes are!


F Half-Elf Were-Tigress

Chirinide is happily studying the carvings in the sun room while while playing rearguard to those those who in her mind are "stupid enough to knowingly trigger unknown traps."

K Arcana for the carvings: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Perception for anything approaching: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15

Dark Archive

Male Human 666th Lvl Evil DM

on phone, not at home with internet but will be logged in tomorrow, to get this going sorry for the silence rl got in the way last few days. Side note for clarification malcom, pendin, nexamus you are trying to break down arcane marked wall? Aelaeron and chirinide, you are in the stinky death smelling room the bodaks came from examining the sun symbols? And drake where exactly are you?

Shadow Lodge

Male Human Ranger 3 || HP 32/32 || AC 16, T 13, FF 13, CMD 17 || F +5, R +6, W +1 || Per. +6, Init +5

I am in between the 2 teams waiting, he is impaintent

yelling at them if they are done


Lord Thasmudyan wrote:
Side note for clarification malcom, pendin, nexamus you are trying to break down arcane marked wall?

I doubt I'll be getting through with the 6 I rolled but the answer is Yes.

Dark Archive

Male Human 666th Lvl Evil DM

Pendin, Neximus, Malcom

Spoiler:

The three of you examine the wall for a moment. Then malcom you back up and run at the wall attempting to break it, sadly you accomplish only bruising your pride and causing some brick dust to fall out from between the bricks of the wall.

Chrinide and Aelaeron

Spoiler:

You examine the sun symbols on the wall they remind you of the symbols on the tattered clothing of the bodaks you recently fought. You are both pretty sure it is the sigil used by a group called the Seekers. Aelearon you remember that the Seekers were a group that the Pathfinder Society has competed with for many years but have not been seen or been a major player for at least 40 to 50 years. What is known is they were last affiliated with the Hellknights of Cheliax, at least for the last several decades. Lastly it occurs to you both that this the first evidence of the group you were sent to investigate and shows they were possibly here or here at some point in the recent past, though this room's condition makes you sure its been a decade since someone aside from the bodaks have been in this room due to the large amount of debris.

Drake you stand at the t intersection keeping an eye on things, nothing occurs except for the thud of malcom running into a wall and him saying ouch. The only other thing that occurs is the light from the chalice shifts to a deep azure color beyond that nothing else seems amiss.


Hey Lord Thas, can we get a new map link?


"Plan B! We break through using the Chisel and Hammer."

"Owww"


Frozen Stream Human Monk/12

Pendin guffaws heartily, It was a good attempt friend but perhaps we should rejoin our more magely fellows.


Male Elf Wizard- 12

Maybe your right Pendin, but I dont think its insignificant. Maybe the warning isn't for behind the wall, but for whats to come, the spell put on the chalice for example.

Nexumis shurgs his shoulders and makes his way down the hall to Drake. See anything while on look out my friend?
Raising his voice, to be sure he's heard, he calls to his two kin in the 'sun room' Does your knowledge help with those symbols more than it has with the one on the other wall? If not, I say we move on one way or another. We've probably lingered to long as is due to my curiosity.

The wizard looks to Kyrsil and nods his head Kyrsil is right, sometimes I let my wondering get the best of me


Aelaeron moves up to the T intersection with Drake. There are symbols of the Seekers, same as the ones those Bodaks were wearing, in the room Chirinide and I were in. The Seekers were competitive with the Pathfinder society half a century ago, but have fallen into obscurity since then. The last I had heard, they were working with the Hellknights. I don't know how recently they were here, but they were here at some point in the past.
Aelaeron then calls out a bit louder, Before you give up all hope, why don't you try looking through that small hole in the wall? You know, the one above the hammer and chisel? Luca, be a dear and go give them some light, would you?


Dragon boss, not deer. Draaagon...

Luca uses dancing lights to illuminate the aperture in the wall.


Male Elf Wizard- 12

Didnt notice the hole, nice thinking

Nexiumis peeks through the hole, hoing to see something,

Perception Check: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17


Malcom picks up the Hammer and Chisel and prepares to demolish the wall. He'll wait for Nexumis to be out of the way first.

Dark Archive

Male Human 666th Lvl Evil DM

Neximuis

Spoiler:

thanks to luca's light you see a dark room beyond the hole, it doesn't look like anyone has been in it in decades as a lot of dust covers the floor. Along the walls at waist height are gargoyle heads with open mouths they are seem to stare right back at you meancingly.

351 to 400 of 718 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Darkness Below Maure Castle.... All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.