Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Darkness Below Maure Castle.... (Inactive)

Game Master Lord Thasmudyan

The ultimate dungeon delve deep into the bowels of Maure Castle where the evil, insane and vile House Maure once dwelt. What secrets lay hidden in this once proud House's crumbling abode and what happened to the members of this House....


651 to 700 of 718 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

F Half-Elf Were-Tigress

Chiri will fire an arrow to knock the chalice over into the pool, if she thinks an arrow would do the trick.

(If I understand the positioning right I am avoiding the chalice effect) Then she will peek around the corner to the south.

LOL ninjad


Aelaeron takes care to watch as the arrow hits the chalice.


Malcom walks up to the curtain and inspects it.

Perception Check: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (14) + 17 = 31

Cheliax

Male Human 666th Lvl Evil DM

The arrow clinks off the chalice but has no effect beyond making the sound of metal against metal.

Malcom the curtain seems to be made a fine thick velvet like cloth. However, it has seen better days as whatever vermin and moths that live in this hall have chewed at it and let small holes throughout its lengths.


Malcom will walk up to one of these small holes and peek through to see what's on the other side.

Perception Check: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (13) + 17 = 30

Cheliax

Male Human 666th Lvl Evil DM

The room beyond is mostly cloaked in darkness, what you can see is what looks like a set of stone blechers on either side of the room and a dais against the far wall that goes up into darkness.


Frozen Stream Human Monk/12

Pendin walks up to Malcolm and whispers next to him, "Malcolm, friend, what are you seeing?"


Malcom stands on the tips of his toes to see through a hole in the curtain. He squints and without breaking his line of sight he replies to Pendin:

" Its hard to tell friend. Unfortunately I cannot see through the darkness on the other side."


F Half-Elf Were-Tigress

Chirinide casts darkvision on Malcolm. "How about now?"

Still no updates showing.
Darkvision 60ft for 12 hours.
we should start a timeline so we know when things are gonna run out and such.


Yes Lord Thasmudyan, how about now?


Luca flits forward next to Malcom to get a good look for himself.

Luca also has darkvision and will relate what he sees to Aelaeron using his telepathy.

Cheliax

Male Human 666th Lvl Evil DM

need to confirm what darkvision will show you will post something in a few

Shadow Lodge

Male Human Ranger 3 || HP 32/32 || AC 16, T 13, FF 13, CMD 17 || F +5, R +6, W +1 || Per. +6, Init +5

Lord, before moving on and after everyone has left the room, I am going to Loot the whole room out of anything that there is to loot. All the bodies and everything
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35
[ooc] Those should be enough to search the bodies and the area for anything

Go on ahead, I am going to be the rear gaurd. I say to the rest of the party


Frozen Stream Human Monk/12

"Should we just tear this curtain down?"


Frozen Stream Human Monk/12

Lord Thasnudyan, when you get a chance, how high is the ceiling in the room with the chalice?

Cheliax

Male Human 666th Lvl Evil DM

With darkvision you are able to see (in black and white) what look like marble bleecher either side of the room and and dias with the what look like three statues on it two of them are stand up one looks like a warrior and the other a wizard. The third figure is seated in a throne and looks like something out of myths and legends an adonis like figure with rippling muscles holding a staff of some sort.

the ceilings are as much as 120 feet in this area depending on how far to the left or right you are as the ceilings arch toward the middle.


Luca casts dancing lights, creating four magic torches above the statues.


Aelaeron moves forward to join the others at the curtain and casts detect magic to check the room for auras.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (13) + 22 = 35

knowledge(arcana): 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (10) + 22 = 32


Malcom relays what he sees to the rest of the party.


Frozen Stream Human Monk/12

"Three statues, eh? Hmm. Should we take a closer look?"


Pendin Fust wrote:
"Three statues, eh? Hmm. Should we take a closer look?"

"You know I'm always ready to do something unpredictable!

Shadow Lodge

Male Human Ranger 3 || HP 32/32 || AC 16, T 13, FF 13, CMD 17 || F +5, R +6, W +1 || Per. +6, Init +5

I am taking my time searching every corner of that room


Malcom reaches up to the hole in the curtain, and with both hands attempts to tare the curtain in half.

Strength Check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


Frozen Stream Human Monk/12

Pendin grabs another half of the curtain with a chuckle and attempts to help Malcom.

Aid Another 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Cheliax

Male Human 666th Lvl Evil DM

Between Malcom and Pendin they are able to tear a rather large gap in the curtain the extends several feet up and a few feet wide, beyond is a large room whose ceiling is lost in shadows. The room itself has a large pair of white mable bleechers on either side of the room that start at the floor and go back toward the wall they at there apex rise to over 15 feet on both sides of the room on the east and west. Against the south wall is a raised white marble dais that goes up first 5 feet to a landing on which stand a pair of figures one with the look of a mage the other a strong female warrior both stand at least 6 to 7 feet tall, they look made of marble as well. On a landing 5 feet above them sits another figure on an elobrate marble throne that look like the perfect male form etched in stone. The figure by your estimations probably stands close to 10 feet in height if it was fully erect.

Aelaeron

Spoiler:

There is a very strong aura of magic in the next room coming from the three figures all three seem throw off auras of varying strength from the schools of abjuration, enchantment and universal. They look like they are golems of some sort.


F Half-Elf Were-Tigress

"Ruining such a tapestry when you can simply walk around it. There is something weird about you two."

Chiri walks behind the tapestry from one end to the other, looking in any doors before crossing them (and not walking across if something is there to see her.)


Careful friends, Aelaeron cautions. That statuary is most likely ambulatory, by which I mean all three are likely golems of the stone variety.

Lord Thas:
Since my knowledge check is 10 over the CR for stone golems I'm assuming Aelaeron knows about their DR and spell immunity. How close together are the ones on the lower level?


Frozen Stream Human Monk/12

"What odd looking...statuaries? Golems...I confess to not being overly familiar with the term other than generalities. I think I'll approach the female one carefully."

Pendin approaches the female statue from the side, being as stealthy as possible...

Stealth 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 26

Once he gets to the side of the statue he'll put a hand out to it to see if it is a golem.


Malcom follows Pendin closely.

"I have your back friend"

Stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Cheliax

Male Human 666th Lvl Evil DM

Pendin you reach out very gingerly as if afraid something will reach back out and grab you.....and for once are not so surprised when after just brushing the hand of the statue its head turns toward you with a baleful look in its eyes as it mouth opens as if to scream.

Roll Init all


Initiative: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21


Frozen Stream Human Monk/12

Init 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

Pendin jerks his hand back as the statue's head swivels him. He automatically puts himself into a fighting stance.


M Human (Mwangi: Bekyar) Cleric 11/Monk 1

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

"False men! Direct magic will not work! Harness your chi!"


F Half-Elf Were-Tigress

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Why did he touch the statue that someone said was a golem? seriously?
She facepalms.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human Ranger 3 || HP 32/32 || AC 16, T 13, FF 13, CMD 17 || F +5, R +6, W +1 || Per. +6, Init +5

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


Frozen Stream Human Monk/12

"Malcolm, my friend, and Moussa and Flynn, my brothers, and my new companions Aelaeron, Chirinide, Drake, and Nexumis, I hope we live to regret my foolishness!"


Everyone makes mistakes. If we ignore regret than we have only to live"

Malcom takes an offensive stance as he prepares for what might be combat.

Cheliax

Male Human 666th Lvl Evil DM

Declare you actions for the first round as I have as usual rolled low for the bad guys init

Shadow Lodge

Male Human Ranger 3 || HP 32/32 || AC 16, T 13, FF 13, CMD 17 || F +5, R +6, W +1 || Per. +6, Init +5

I am going to make sure that I am hiding well and stay silent till I see what is going on

1d20 + 24 ⇒ (6) + 24 = 30

Holding my action till after they move


I'm hoping that Malcom knocks one of the golems back a bit with a shield bash.

Aelaeron casts create pit, hoping to catch both golems on the lower level of the dais although if he can only catch one, he will focus on the one that is not yet in combat on the lower level.

DC 21 reflex save or fall into the pit. It's 30' deep, so 3d6 falling damage. (i don't think DR applies to falling damage.) The pit opening is 10' square. Anything on a square adjacent to the pit also needs to make a DC 21 reflex save or fall in, but they get a +2 bonus. Anything that gets moved into the area of the pit, like from a bull rush manouver does not get a save.

Create Pit Spell Description


Hey Malcom, Pendin, try to push that one near you into the other one next to it. Boss is making a pit to keep them out of the fight.


M Human (Mwangi: Bekyar) Cleric 11/Monk 1

"Fist of the fast wind!"

Moussa flanks the golem Pendin activated..

Flurry part 1: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30
damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Flurry part 2: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36
Flurry part 2 crit confirm: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25
damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Flurry part 3: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


Luca the Faerie Dragon wrote:
Hey Malcom, Pendin, try to push that one near you into the other one next to it. Boss is making a pit to keep them out of the fight.

Malcom's signature grin spreads across his face as he nods to Luca. After a second of pause he dashes forth at the Golem.

Primary Hand Attack w/ charge: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 12 + 2 = 28

Damage: 1d6 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18

Shield Slam: Any opponents hit by your shield bash are also hit with a free bull rush attack, substituting your attack roll for the combat maneuver check. This bull rush does not provoke an attack of opportunity. Opponents who cannot move back due to a wall or other surface are knocked prone after moving the maximum possible distance. You may choose to move with your target if you are able to take a 5-foot step or to spend an action to move this turn.

In this case my CMB would be 28 Vs. the Golem's CMD.


Frozen Stream Human Monk/12

Pendin reaches up and tries to take the weapon from the golem...


F Half-Elf Were-Tigress

Chirinide fires an arrow at the golem.
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 221d6 ⇒ 6

Then she drops the bow, shifts form, and gets ready to charge.

Cheliax

Male Human 666th Lvl Evil DM

Malcom how far are you attempting to push this golem creature back?


Bull Rush wrote:
If your attack is successful, your target is pushed back 5 feet. For every 5 by which your attack exceeds your opponent's CMD you can push the target back an additional 5 feet. You can move with the target if you wish but you must have the available movement to do so. If your attack fails, your movement ends in front of the target.

Assuming the attack is a success: The maximum distance I suppose? Or until the Golem falls into the pit... Either options work for me.

Malcom will also move forward with the Golem if there is any available movement left in his charge attack. If the Golem doesn't fall into the pit he will stay right in front of it. If the Golem does fall into the pit, he will stop at the edge of the pit.

BTW, excellent tactic Aaleron.

Cheliax

Male Human 666th Lvl Evil DM

Alright so Malcom, you slam into the golem-creature and cause it some pretty nice damage in the process and are able to push it back 15 feet. As you and the golem come to a stop the ground below you opens up. Reflex save please.

Aelaeron you cast your pit spell and thankfully because of Malcom moving the golem on the left 15 feet closer to the right one you are able to get both in the area of effect as well as Malcom. go ahead and roll the falling damage

Pendin you enter your fighting stance but unforunately Malcom has already plowed passed you and the golem and him are over a pit. If you want to make a separate action go ahead

Chirinide you fire your arrows at the falling golem and hit it causing damage and then begin to shift into you were form.

Drake seems to disappear from sight. Go ahead and take your withheld action

Moussa you fire at the falling golem as well and cause quite a bit of damage it looks like but he doesn't die quite yet.

Round 2 Actions once withheld actions are declared


Frozen Stream Human Monk/12

Pendin jerks his hand back as Malcolm and the statue go past him. He chuckles as the pit opens, the chuckle sticking in his throat as Malcolm starts to fall. He dashes forward to try and get a hand out to hold onto Malcolm.

651 to 700 of 718 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Darkness Below Maure Castle.... All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.