Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

The Dangers of Civilization

Game Master sunshadow21

The Western Trade Route runs through the Midrealms to the city of Cliffsgate and the Haven of Belauth. Being a settled region, This region should be perfectly safe for a group of up and coming stars, right?


351 to 400 of 611 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

initiative:
Crispin 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Morbak 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Sritaro 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Twitchy 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Zhiyo 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Sentries 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Black 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Blue 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Brown 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Green 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
White 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Twitchy moves up into the doorway and several men turn. They start to shout and one of the on duty sentries blows a watch horn he had readied as the elf throws a bomb right into the middle of the line, hitting one guy square in the back, killing him in single blow with the flames that explode as the bomb shatters. The men right next to him aren't very happy either as all of the bandits move to draw a weapon.

Round 1:

Downstairs
Upstairs
The blob on the upstairs map is a massive, two-sided fireplace.

Initiative Order (bold still to go)
Morbak, Twitchy
Black (dagger)
Brown (armor, sword), Sritaro
Blue (armor, dagger)
Crispin
Green (armor, sword), White (dagger)
Zhiyo, Sentries (armor, sword, bow)

Status
Crispin
Morbak
Sritaro
Twitchy
Zhiyo

Sentries
Black
Blue 1 w/4 damage
Brown 1 w/4 damage
Green
White 1 dead


Half-Orc

Moves to the top of the stairs and takes a shot at the bandit at O16 with his bow.

Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


Male Elf Alchemist 2 (HP: 11, AC: 17, TAC: 14, FFAC: 13, F: 4, R: 6, W: 0, Init: 4, Per: 4)

was that a surprise round?


There really wasn't a surprise round as they knew you were there, so it wasn't like you caught them completely off guard.


Half-Orc

Forgot damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3


Male Nagaji Hospitalier (Paladin) 2 HP: 22, AC: 20, Tch: 12, FF: 17, F: +9, R: +6, W: +8, Init: +2, Per: +7

Just to ask, what's in square M6


That would be your friendly neighborhood dragon looking like a human female at the moment.
Sylvia Init 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Male Nagaji Hospitalier (Paladin) 2 HP: 22, AC: 20, Tch: 12, FF: 17, F: +9, R: +6, W: +8, Init: +2, Per: +7

With the sound of the explosion, Sritaro runs up the stairs. Seeing the body on the ground, the lizard-like warrior scowls at Ha'el before announcing to the bandits. "Ssstand down! We promise a fair trial and no other harm will come to you if you ssssurrender!"


Male Kitsune Sor2 Rog1/ / HP=12 AC=18 TT=14 FF=14/ /F=0 R=4 W=3/ /INI=4

Zhiyo Growls in the most gruff and deep voice he can produce "Can I kill this one now? He started wetting himself."


Morbak moves to back up Twitchy, firing off a shot at one of the injured ones. A few of the faster bandits move to attack the elf and half-orc. A guy with just a dagger attacks Morbak from around the corner as a guy with a sword and wearing some armor strikes at Twitchy. Two other bandits with armor and daggers move to flank Twitchy, but the one that is able to attack misses completely. Downstairs, Sylvia moves to the top of the stairs leading to the basement, readying an action to act if anybody should try to come up. Both she and Zhiyo can hear a lot of half drunken attempts to quickly put on armor and grab weapons.

Round 1 (cont.):
Upstairs updated

Initiative Order (bold still to go)
Morbak, Twitchy
Black (dagger)
Brown (armor, sword), Blue (armor, dagger), Sylvia
Crispin, Sritaro
Green (armor, sword), White (dagger)
Zhiyo, Sentries (armor, sword, bow)

Status
Crispin 8/8
Morbak 8/12
Sritaro 13/13
Twitchy 7/11
Zhiyo 8/8

Sentries
Black
Blue 1 w/7 damage
Brown 1 w/4 damage
Green
White 1 dead

I'm going to modify the initiative order a bit to allow for Sritaro to modify his action as by the time he would have gotten upstairs, the bandits would have already engaged in combat, making it clear even to the idealistic paladin that surrender was not going to be considered. He can do something else after moving upstairs.


Male Kitsune Sor2 Rog1/ / HP=12 AC=18 TT=14 FF=14/ /F=0 R=4 W=3/ /INI=4

They are in the middle of donning armor so I will tag Sylvia to follow me(if her size is less then large I will also ask her to change into the dragon form.) and descend the stairs.

I will ready burning hands for the closest combat ready guy or failing that the first to try and attack me. (if none of them are combat ready and still tangled in their underwear I will call for their surrender)


Halfling(Jinx) Cobbler 3, HP: 21, AC: 19, Tch: 14, FF: 16, F: +2, R: +6, W: +2, Init: +3, Per: +9

I think Crispin can move from where he is to right in front of Sritaro at N9 where he will be flanking the guy that is in front of Twitchy. But not sure if I can get there and Attack.


Male Nagaji Hospitalier (Paladin) 2 HP: 22, AC: 20, Tch: 12, FF: 17, F: +9, R: +6, W: +8, Init: +2, Per: +7

Seeing that the bandits are needlessly striking without any parlay, Sritaro mutters a prayer of redemption and moves forward to engage one of the men surrounding the bombastic elf.

"By Pelina's name, I will defend Tuven and my allies!"

Sritaro then grabs the 'belt' around his waist and unleashes the Serpent's Tail against the bandit, using the side to deal render the foe unconscious.
Sritaro will move into square N9, then attack the bandit at N10 non-lethally.

Attack roll: 1d20 + 6 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 2 - 4 = 17
Damage roll: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


I will get an update put up later that includes the basement area around the stairs.


Sritaro charges up the stairs and knocks one of the bandits unconscious as Crispin isn’t far behind. The remaining bandits swarm, with one of the on duty sentries trying to take a shot at Morbak but missing horribly. One of them with a dagger does manage to shank Crispin pretty good, but otherwise, their attacks all fall short. Down in the basement, Zhiyo gets down there just in time to see the last of the crowd disappear either into the hallway or the door on the northern wall of the common room, leaving the common room a scattered mess of tables, chairs, food, plates, and mugs. In addition to the shouts of ”Hurry up, I don’t have all day” and similar things, he can faintly hear sounds of battle coming from the hallway.

Round 2:
Upstairs
Basement

Initiative Order (bold still to go)
Morbak, Twitchy
Black (dagger)
Brown (armor, sword), Blue (armor, dagger), Sylvia
Crispin, Sritaro
Green (armor, sword), White (dagger)
Zhiyo, Sentries (armor, sword, bow)

Status
Crispin 3/8
Morbak 8/12
Sritaro 13/13
Twitchy 7/11
Zhiyo 8/8

Sentries
Black
Blue 1 w/7 damage, 1 unconscious (10 nonlethal)
Brown 1 w/4 damage
Green
White 1 dead

Morbak and Twitchy are up. Zhiyo, what form are you currently in?

Forgot to mention that all of interior walls in the basement seem to not be original, as their construction is of a different kind of material and clearly more hastily put up.


Half-Orc

Drops bow, pulls spear, and stabs at the bandit right next to him. The one at N-10

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Male Elf Alchemist 2 (HP: 11, AC: 17, TAC: 14, FFAC: 13, F: 4, R: 6, W: 0, Init: 4, Per: 4)

Ouch! This is a tight spot. Ok Ha'el takes a 5' step up one square to m11 and tosses a bomb at o12.

Ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 and adjacent enemies take 4 damage.

GM: reminder my ac is 21 now as I cast shield. I'm gonna need it. 8)

Edit: @ Morbak I think that one with the red square is the one Sritaro knocked senseless.


Male Nagaji Hospitalier (Paladin) 2 HP: 22, AC: 20, Tch: 12, FF: 17, F: +9, R: +6, W: +8, Init: +2, Per: +7

Should I wait until Morbak, Ha'el, and the 3 bandits go before announcing my action?


Dot means injured; diamond is unconscious; x is dead


Morbak stops to access the situation as he pulls out his spear while Twitchy moves to a defensive position in the corner of the dining room and launches a bomb that drops another foe and scorches another thoroughly; a third victim of the bomb seems to be able to shake off most of the effect. Meanwhile the bandits continue to attack, with one guy trying to stab at Morbak from around the corner unsuccessfully and another trying to stab at Twitchy but missing horribly as he flinches from the burst of the bomb right beside him.

Meanwhile downstairs, Sylvia turns into her true dragon form as she heads downstairs, and cocks her head in puzzlement at the lack of fighting down here and the faint sounds of battle from down the hall. ”The fight seems to be down near where the entrance to cave must be, not here, where one would expect it to be. Is this a normal thing, Zhiyo, or am I simply as ignorant of things as usual?”

Round 2 middle:
Upstairs middle round 2

Initiative Order (bold still to go)
Morbak, Twitchy
Black (dagger)
Brown (armor, sword), Sylvia
[b]Crispin, Sritaro
Green (armor, sword), White (dagger)
Zhiyo, Sentries (armor, sword, bow)

Status
Crispin 3/8
Morbak 8/12
Sritaro 13/13
Twitchy 7/11
Zhiyo 8/8

Sentries
Black 4 damage
Blue 1 dead, 1 unconscious
Brown 1 w/4 damage
Green 1 w/7 damage
White 1 dead

Crispin and Sritaro are up. I’ll also let Morbak act as if he delayed since his intended target is indeed out cold already.


Male Nagaji Hospitalier (Paladin) 2 HP: 22, AC: 20, Tch: 12, FF: 17, F: +9, R: +6, W: +8, Init: +2, Per: +7

Sritaro once again whips up 'Serpent's Tail' and steps forward to interdict himself between the wounded Crispin and two of the bandits.

Sritaro will move into the Crispin's square N9 (or if that's not possible, then the square of the unconscious bandit at N10), and once again non-lethal strike at the white bandit in M9

1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 6 - 4 = 16
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Half-Orc

Just switch the target to O-11. I'll keep the previous roll.


Male Kitsune Sor2 Rog1/ / HP=12 AC=18 TT=14 FF=14/ /F=0 R=4 W=3/ /INI=4

Zhiyo is in kitsune form right now, he doesn't care about how bandits see him.

Perception on the walls: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

"No, this is not ignorance on your part. My guess is that we are not the only attackers right now. We can come up behind and flank them."

Zhiyo will move to the and peek around the corner getting a feel for the situation, if he can't see anyone from there then he will move closer.


Halfling(Jinx) Cobbler 3, HP: 21, AC: 19, Tch: 14, FF: 16, F: +2, R: +6, W: +2, Init: +3, Per: +9

Crispin feeling a bit woozi from the strike and being a bit upset strikes at the bandit at M9 "Take this you hack of a Bandit"

Dagger 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 Damage 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Dagger 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16 Damage 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


As Sritaro steps forward and drops another bandit, this time doing enough damage that he’s not only unconscious, but bleeding out on the ground, and Crispin strikes at the remaining foe in front of him, the remaining guy in the hallway decides he’s had enough and retreats to the front door. The other bandits continue to attack with Twitchy having a sword strike bounce off of his magical shield and an arrow almost penetrate his armor and Sritaro taking an arrow to what he thinks was aimed for the chest, but actually hits the upper left leg.

Downstairs, Zhiyo turn to go down the hall. He is able to determine that the walls are made of wood, and while reasonably sound, are definitely not to bear a load. They seem to be more for providing at least some privacy and separation of functions of the different rooms while you think hooks along the beams of the ceiling and the proximity of the stairs to the kitchen that the basement was originally an open storage area. As he does so, he sees someone briefly opening the northwest door before it quickly closes once more and he can hear something being moved around as if someone was trying to blockade the door. The heavy door at the end of the hallway is closed, and the sounds of battle become louder as he approaches it.

Round 3:
Upstairs
Basement

Initiative Order (bold still to go)
Morbak, Twitchy
Black (dagger)
Brown (armor, sword), Sylvia
Crispin, Sritaro
Green (armor, sword)
Zhiyo, Sentries (armor, sword, bow)

Status
Crispin 3/8
Morbak 8/12
Sritaro 10/13
Twitchy 7/11
Zhiyo 8/8

Sentries
Black 4 damage
Blue 1 dead, 1 unconscious
Brown 1 w/4 damage
Green 1 w/7 damage, 1 unconscious and bleeding
White 1 dead, 1 fled

Morbak and Twitchy are up.


Male Elf Alchemist 2 (HP: 11, AC: 17, TAC: 14, FFAC: 13, F: 4, R: 6, W: 0, Init: 4, Per: 4)

Ok, space is a bit tight here. I will toss a bomb on m12. That puts Ha'el in splash range so he will also need to make a reflex check. I would toss on n 12 to get all three bandits but that would force Sritaro to make a ref save as well. I've always been of the opinion that AoE attackers should be responsible for their attacks. I hated it when our sorcerer would lob fireballs centered on my rogue just because he could make the save! Lol

Ha'el ranged touch attack on m12
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 to hit
1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 damage and 4 splash on adjacent enemies.

Reflex save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Edit: DOH!


Half-Orc

Thrusts his spear at the bandit again. O-11

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Male Nagaji Hospitalier (Paladin) 2 HP: 22, AC: 20, Tch: 12, FF: 17, F: +9, R: +6, W: +8, Init: +2, Per: +7

"Pelina's fire, Ha'el! You'd ssscorch yourself to take them out?!"


Male Elf Alchemist 2 (HP: 11, AC: 17, TAC: 14, FFAC: 13, F: 4, R: 6, W: 0, Init: 4, Per: 4)

I'd rather not burn myself up but if it comes to that I will. Crispin is in a tight spot there. Get in front of him!


Male Nagaji Hospitalier (Paladin) 2 HP: 22, AC: 20, Tch: 12, FF: 17, F: +9, R: +6, W: +8, Init: +2, Per: +7

"Already done, Missster Ha'el", as Sritaro turns to front made up by the elf and Morbak, ignoring the pain in his thigh for the time being.

Map-wise, there's not a single conscious enemy adjacent to Crispin; I believe you're next for interdiction duty after the sacrificial bombing and the bad luck on your Reflex :P


Twitchy's bomb sends both of the bandits it hits to the ground bleeding and unconscious, and all but one of the remaining bandits decide that it's probably time to leave, and flee out the front door. The one remaining bandit is easily subdued. You are left with 1 dead body (taking a direct hit from a critted strike with a bomb is never good), 2 bandits that are simply unconscious, and 3 unconscious and bleeding bandits.

Downstairs, Sylvia and Zhiyo continue to move down the hallway when suddenly the door at the end bursts open, with a fairly well armed bandit running straight toward them. Before they can react, a big angry looking boar leaps out from behind, goring the man in the back, and the man drops at their feet. The boar looks at them before looking around and listening for signs of others.


Male Nagaji Hospitalier (Paladin) 2 HP: 22, AC: 20, Tch: 12, FF: 17, F: +9, R: +6, W: +8, Init: +2, Per: +7

Do I hear the commotion down below or will I need to Perception that?


It's two floors below you, and this house is very solidly built, so you wouldn't be able to hear what was going on in the basement.


Male Nagaji Hospitalier (Paladin) 2 HP: 22, AC: 20, Tch: 12, FF: 17, F: +9, R: +6, W: +8, Init: +2, Per: +7

Unless timed otherwise, Sritaro will use Sacred Touch to automatically stabalize those bleeding out.


Male Elf Alchemist 2 (HP: 11, AC: 17, TAC: 14, FFAC: 13, F: 4, R: 6, W: 0, Init: 4, Per: 4)

Ha'el sets about tying up those still alive.


Male Kitsune Sor2 Rog1/ / HP=12 AC=18 TT=14 FF=14/ /F=0 R=4 W=3/ /INI=4

"Sylvia! Now is a good time to to be scary!"

Zhiyo will prep burning hands and launch it just as the boar closes in while side stepping, hopefully the flames will "blind" the boar just long enough to not notice the side step and thus dash past the fox.

Fire damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1


Sylvia reaction's is decidedly not what you would expect. After a moment of shock, she seems to simply sag to the ground, much the way she did when you called her out initially as being a dragon.

Those upstairs are able to stabilize and tie up the unconscious bandits.


Halfling(Jinx) Cobbler 3, HP: 21, AC: 19, Tch: 14, FF: 16, F: +2, R: +6, W: +2, Init: +3, Per: +9

Crispin looks around As they are tying up the bandits "Has anyone seen where Zhiyo went, she was right behind me in the hall."


Male Elf Alchemist 2 (HP: 11, AC: 17, TAC: 14, FFAC: 13, F: 4, R: 6, W: 0, Init: 4, Per: 4)

Ha'el chuckles heartily and leans over to Crispin and whispers loud enough for everyone to hear " I think Zhiyo is a dood."


Male Kitsune Sor2 Rog1/ / HP=12 AC=18 TT=14 FF=14/ /F=0 R=4 W=3/ /INI=4

Zhiyo will try rousing her from the fear and shock first by slapping her then yelling to make her angry, but only so far as needed, "Get that scaly sorry rear of yours off the ground and kill it! How dare you call yourself a dragon! You are just sitting there on floor whimpering like dog! You don't like it?! Then get the heck off your rump and blow some smoke up their tail ends!!"

On phone so I'm sorry for lack of formatting.


You don't think it's fear, at least not of attack, something that seems to be confirmed when the boar suddenly turns, backs up, and rams the wall of the room that you know there are bandits holed up, creating a large hole with apparently no effort, and raising an uproar in the room as pure chaos breaks out.


Male Kitsune Sor2 Rog1/ / HP=12 AC=18 TT=14 FF=14/ /F=0 R=4 W=3/ /INI=4

Hmmm need I make a will save later?

In that case I will try to discern what is messed up about this area and her instead, "You okay?"

Will roll will save and perception and int check when I get home(or you can roll now)


You don't need a will save, rather it suddenly occurs to you that the "boar" is probably not actually a boar, but another bronze dragon, and Sylvia is none too happy having another dragon around just now because it means that dragon has probably been around for awhile, and knows more than enough that she would have preferred no other dragon to find out about.


Male Nagaji Hospitalier (Paladin) 2 HP: 22, AC: 20, Tch: 12, FF: 17, F: +9, R: +6, W: +8, Init: +2, Per: +7

Once the all of the bandits are stabalized and upon hearing Crispin's concern for the missing Zhiyo, Sritaro will say a prayer of redemption over the bandits then start looking for the missing comrade.


Half-Orc

Morbak heads down stairs to check on Zhiyo and Sylvia.


Male Kitsune Sor2 Rog1/ / HP=12 AC=18 TT=14 FF=14/ /F=0 R=4 W=3/ /INI=4

Zhiyo looks at Sylvia "Well don't just sit there. Don't tell me you're going to let that one have all the glory and fun. Come on." Zhiyo practically drags her to the fight if needed, encouraging her the whole way.

He points her and says, "Time to breath if you got any left"


Those who were upstairs show up in the basement just in time to see Zhiyo practically pull Sylvia into a large hole in one of the walls that leads to a room that you hear sounds of pure chaos coming from. In the hallway, you see a dead body that seemed to be running, oddly enough, towards the stairs, and an open door at the end leading to an apartment suite from which you hear a final piercing scream of pain before all falls silent in that set of rooms. As you get closer, you see Sylvia slink out of the opening and towards the apartment, astudiously avoiding eye contact with you. She looks like a child that knows she's in trouble, and is just waiting for the blow to fall.

In the now thoroughly trashed room, Sylvia is able to get off a blast of her repulsion breath, sending the remaining bandits into corners cowering in fear. The room falls silent as the "boar" transforms into an adult elven male and starts tying up the survivors, speaking quietly as he does so, "Sylvia, go help Kat with the loot in the cave for now. I have some things I need to discuss with your new friends before we have a little discussion of our own." Sylvia blanches even more, and slinks off towards the cave, head low. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Zhiyo. I have heard of your kind before, but never had the opportunity to meet one. I am Rogforo. Sylvia's mother asked me and Kat if we would keep an eye on Syl. I thank you for everything you have done to help; our children are very precious to us after the losses we have taken in the past."


Male Kitsune Sor2 Rog1/ / HP=12 AC=18 TT=14 FF=14/ /F=0 R=4 W=3/ /INI=4

Zhiyo helps tie people up.

"Well met, Rogforo. Sorry about the flames, didn't recognize you at first.

I was hoping to help her confidence level as well but it seems that plan fell apart. Well, I guess this does save me from trying to take her home.

I was hoping to go home and settle down and have kids when I'm done but I am starting to wonder if having kids would actually be settling down or if I should expect lots of...ah, adventures."


Half-Orc

"Well this certainly is getting interesting, fast."


"We can talk more later, for now, I suggest we come up with a plan to deal with these miscreants. No point in sharing our secrets with these fools."

351 to 400 of 611 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Dangers of Civilization All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.