Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

The Dangers of Civilization

Game Master sunshadow21

The Western Trade Route runs through the Midrealms to the city of Cliffsgate and the Haven of Belauth. Being a settled region, This region should be perfectly safe for a group of up and coming stars, right?


101 to 150 of 611 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Kitsune Sor2 Rog1/ / HP=12 AC=18 TT=14 FF=14/ /F=0 R=4 W=3/ /INI=4

Zhiyo stretches a little, "Greetings friend, glad we could help....I have an idea,"

He then goes around front and directs the mules( or horses) to pull. (if the wagon doesn't have its own team he will use ours)


Male Nagaji Hospitalier (Paladin) 2 HP: 22, AC: 20, Tch: 12, FF: 17, F: +9, R: +6, W: +8, Init: +2, Per: +7

@Zhiyo: The horse the wagon was with was ridden off by the bandit leader.

Sritaro relaxes upon the team of mules pulling the wagon out of the thick mud. He then grabs the now dirty board and hands, scrapes some of the mud off with his gauntlets, and hands it back to Ha'el.

I have never been good with directions... let me think for a minute.

@Voice of Wisdom: Compared to Cliffsgate, where is Tuven? If I would not know of it off the top of my head (because I have never been there or Tuven is not a village of Cliffsgate), then untrained knowledge check!

Untrained Knowledge (Geography): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14


Tuven is the border town between the Midrealms and Turvar on the main road. Spanning the Tulas River, it a couple of days more or lest due west of Borentia. You are currently a couple hours east of it. Sritaro's group has their church/enclave on the eastern edge of town. The ATA also maintains a small warehouse and hostel there for their members.

You get the wagon off to the side of the road with ease; it's not at all hard to get it unstuck, and one of your mules can pull it off to the side, though if you want to take it to town, you will need to find an animal to pull it, as neither mule is strong enough on their own to pull either your's or this farm wagon very far.


Half-Orc

Walks over to Firebrand and asks while rubbing the front of his nose, "Are you okay with helping us pull this wagon to the nearest town?"

Wild Empathy to determine if he's willing to or not: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19


Male Nagaji Hospitalier (Paladin) 2 HP: 22, AC: 20, Tch: 12, FF: 17, F: +9, R: +6, W: +8, Init: +2, Per: +7

That's right... not far from here. It will be a good plassce to ssstay for the night for the night, if you would accompany me?


Halfling(Jinx) Cobbler 3, HP: 21, AC: 19, Tch: 14, FF: 16, F: +2, R: +6, W: +2, Init: +3, Per: +9

Of course we can, there would be no problem there and maybe we can get some work. Crispin is hoping when they get to the town they might be able to start their work.


Firebrand takes one look at you, a long look at the condition of the tacking on the farm wagon, and then a manner that makes it look like he's trying to demonstrate something to the mules, allows himself to be hooked up to the wagon.


Half-Orc

Morbak will walk beside him, while holding the reigns.

"Sritaro, would you care to ride in the wagon?"


Male Elf Alchemist 2 (HP: 11, AC: 17, TAC: 14, FFAC: 13, F: 4, R: 6, W: 0, Init: 4, Per: 4)

Ah that's good. There is safety in numbers as they say. *offers Sritaro his hand in a gesture of greeting*

Besides, its about time someone else learned that the sharpest thing about Crispin isn't his daggers. Hehe, keep making short jokes and this trip will be entertaining indeed.

Plus, it will give us a chance to redistribute this load from our wagon.


Male Nagaji Hospitalier (Paladin) 2 HP: 22, AC: 20, Tch: 12, FF: 17, F: +9, R: +6, W: +8, Init: +2, Per: +7

Sritaro ponders the offer quickly, then nods in agreement at Morbak.

Your offer is appreciated. Dessspite making this armor myself, it doesss slow me down a bit.

With that, Sritaro offers to help load any goods between the group's original cart and the newly acquired one before hopping in and resting his large feet.


Half-Orc

Firebrand snorts and shakes his head.

Morbak pats his neck and says, "It's okay Firebrand, it's only to the next town and I'll be right here with you."

Firebrand calms down and nods his head.


The remainder of the trip is uneventful, and you arrive at the Enclave of the Sun at sunset, are welcomed warmly, and treated to a nice supper, after Sir Jamros Laughshield, the leader of the group, asks to hear your tale. Relieved to hear the adepts have the situation in the hamlet under control, but concerned about the would be bandit encounter, the evening wears on as you and he talk. Finally, just as you are preparing to retire, he says, "As usual, with the coming of spring, the rise of another would be bandit king starts. If you plan on sticking around in the area, perhaps you could ferret out the latest information, and do something about it. It would be helpful for folks around here to see that we aren't the only ones who are unwelcoming of this pattern. I could even lend you the use of Sritaro here to aid you in your endeavor, as he knows many of the locals, but whose position among us is not yet clearly defined. It would not provide much in the way of coin directly, but it would provide a significant boost to your reputation if you were to succeed. Think on it as you sleep, and we can provide what information we have on the local area in the morning should you decide to help." With that, he bids you good night.

At this point, you have the choice of continuing to travel on or to stop and muck around the local neighborhood a bit. As soon as I have a clear majority, I will proceed.


Male Nagaji Hospitalier (Paladin) 2 HP: 22, AC: 20, Tch: 12, FF: 17, F: +9, R: +6, W: +8, Init: +2, Per: +7

Good! Thisss will give us the chance to return the wagon he left behind!


Male Elf Alchemist 2 (HP: 11, AC: 17, TAC: 14, FFAC: 13, F: 4, R: 6, W: 0, Init: 4, Per: 4)

Ha'el ponders the offer of Sir Jamros Laughshield as he scratches his chin. After a pause he turns and looks at the others and says ...

I for one am in favor of going after this self styled 'bandit king.' After all, the loan of Sritaro should be repaid to our benefactor. Plus, banditry is never good for trade. I believe this route we are on will become one of our major trading arteries and if we allow it to become over run with bandits it will greatly hamper our business caravans. The extra security costs alone would eat at our profits quickly. What say all of you?

Ha'el turns to look at the others for a response.


Halfling(Jinx) Cobbler 3, HP: 21, AC: 19, Tch: 14, FF: 16, F: +2, R: +6, W: +2, Init: +3, Per: +9

Looking at the new comer and Ha'el, "I think we should look for the so called bandit and his cohorts but we should first check the list we were given and see if we can complete part of our duties before we clean up the trash."


Male Kitsune Sor2 Rog1/ / HP=12 AC=18 TT=14 FF=14/ /F=0 R=4 W=3/ /INI=4

"MMMMMMMMM I love the smell of roasted bandit king in the morning."
"You have my vote so I am going to bed, see you in the morning."

He then goes to his room where slight paranoia sets in, (as is his usual when sleeping in a room) he puts his spear on the door and a dart on the window( if there is one) so if anyone enters the item will fall and make noise. Then he shifts and goes to bed.


Half-Orc

Stretches out shoulders, stands up and says; "Well, while I'm always up to ending the plight of banditry, Crispin has a point. I will abide by what is decided. If you need me, I'll be in the stables.

Goes out to the stables, purchases some radishes on the way, and begins to brush down Firebrand. "Thank you for your understanding today. What do you think we should do? Continue on our ATA mission or try to clear out the bandits?"


It occurs to you that things such as this are part of why the ATA sends people out. Nothing like mixing experienced fighters in with the usual merchants on the road to give bandits a really bad day and make them think twice about their profession. Firebrand just looks at you as if you should be smart enough to figure that out on your own.


Half-Orc

Finishes brushing Firebrand and places some more radishes in his trough, "That's what I thought. Sleep well my friend."

Checks on the mules before heading to his room for some rest.

Tomorrow, the bandit hunt begins. He thought.


Halfling(Jinx) Cobbler 3, HP: 21, AC: 19, Tch: 14, FF: 16, F: +2, R: +6, W: +2, Init: +3, Per: +9

Crispin not really tired decides to take a walk about town taking note of those businesses that might be able to benefit from their services, making notes on the list of the ones that might be most benificial to the ATA.

After that is done he heads back to their rooms to try to get some sleep.


Male Nagaji Hospitalier (Paladin) 2 HP: 22, AC: 20, Tch: 12, FF: 17, F: +9, R: +6, W: +8, Init: +2, Per: +7

Sritaro tends to some nightly work at the enclave's bellows before getting his rest; tomorrow promised to be an interesting day, more so with some strange new faces.


Crispin finds amongst the businesses in town a small ATA warehouse and hostel that might be a good place to visit in the morning. Otherwise, there is a good sized garrison of the Confederacy military, a large farmer's market, and numerous local shops selling the usual array of goods. The layout of the town is actually quite interesting. The town is built over and around the Tulas River. Think the Mississippi River in size. There is a massive bridge of stone over two stories above the river that provides access to the other side of the river while still permitting barge and ferry traffic underneath; businesses line the sides of the bridge, and the ATA has their little enclave under the eastern piers of the bridge. Docks big and small line the shores immediately under the bridge and extend either way for a good quarter mile. Even at this hour, there is plenty of bustle along the river shore as dock workers load and unload boats, or prepare shipments in the numerous warehouses. It qualifies as a large town, and sees enough trade that generally acquiring basic and common items shouldn't be overly difficult.

Morning comes, and the party gathers for breakfast, waiting for Sir Laughshield to join them.


Male Nagaji Hospitalier (Paladin) 2 HP: 22, AC: 20, Tch: 12, FF: 17, F: +9, R: +6, W: +8, Init: +2, Per: +7

Following his usual regiment, Sritaro is up before dawn. He spends an hour taking care of daily prayers, exercises, donning his armor and equipment before heading to the mess hall. The morning cook usually sighs when the large nagaji makes his entrance, knowing that it takes the meals of three or four men to appease his appetite.

He'll greet the first of his new party mates to arrive for breakfast as he starts devouring his 3 plates full of food.


Halfling(Jinx) Cobbler 3, HP: 21, AC: 19, Tch: 14, FF: 16, F: +2, R: +6, W: +2, Init: +3, Per: +9

Crispin smells breakfast cooking, it doesn't smell as good as what he normally makes but he doesn't want to be rude in a new town. He also has to tell the others about the Warehouse and the hostel so we can interview them then get going on tracking that bandit.

When he gets down to the mess hall he sees the new comer sitting at the table with a half of a plate of food gone and 2 in waiting.

"Good Morning, Sritaro I see you have a healthy appetite. How is the food around here? the halflings stomach rumbles. "If it is ok I will have 3 plates, if it is good I will have 4. he rubs his stomach and smiles.


Male Nagaji Hospitalier (Paladin) 2 HP: 22, AC: 20, Tch: 12, FF: 17, F: +9, R: +6, W: +8, Init: +2, Per: +7

"Blessssed morning to you, Mr. Sssinge." , speaks Sritaro as Crispin walks in before eating another biscuit in a single, hard bite. He chuckles through some chews upon the halfling's dietary statement.

Eat asss much as you want. And if you can't finish the bissscuits, they work quite well with ssslings.


Male Kitsune Sor2 Rog1/ / HP=12 AC=18 TT=14 FF=14/ /F=0 R=4 W=3/ /INI=4

Zhiyo wakes and performs rituals, studies his spellbook, quick prayer for the good things in life, cleans himself and his equipment, then gathers his stuff, shifts into human form (wondering if he should tell his companions what he is today) then heads downstairs to eat.

Zhiyo grabs a heaping platefull the plops down near Crispin and playfully states "I just realized why your name is Crispin, Its because your head looks like crispy chicken, mmmmm, that makes me hungry, good thing I brought some food."


Half-Orc

Morbak is awake as soon as the sun hits his face. He gets up, packs his equipment and heads towards the stables.

Grabs a plate of food on the way out and says to the others, "I'll be back right after I check on Firebrand and the mules." Walks out to the stables, eating his food on the way.

Upon reaching the stables, Morbak feeds the mules, then heads to Firebrand. He pulls a couple of radishes from his pouch, gives them to the horse and says, "And how did you sleep my friend?"

Firebrand nods his head, eats the radishes, then nuzzles Morbak's shoulder. He seems well rested and eager for the road.

"Soon enough friend. Soon enough." Pats Firebrand on the neck and heads back inside to sit with the others.


Male Nagaji Hospitalier (Paladin) 2 HP: 22, AC: 20, Tch: 12, FF: 17, F: +9, R: +6, W: +8, Init: +2, Per: +7

"And good morning to you, Zhiyo.", to the new dining mate as he sits down next to the halfling companion. I trust that you two had a ressstful sleep?


Halfling(Jinx) Cobbler 3, HP: 21, AC: 19, Tch: 14, FF: 16, F: +2, R: +6, W: +2, Init: +3, Per: +9

FYI, I will be at PAX East all day tomorrow and Sunday I will be with Family. Will Respond to game tonight when I am out of Work.


Male Elf Alchemist 2 (HP: 11, AC: 17, TAC: 14, FFAC: 13, F: 4, R: 6, W: 0, Init: 4, Per: 4)

Ha'el gets up late again. Hrm, I needs to get out on the road again. This sleeping in beds has made me lazy. I seem to be sleeping in more and more lately. He quickly gets dressed and heads downstairs to breakfast.

Good morning all. Today promises to be a great day. I am looking forward to ferreting out this bandit king and making some new business ties to strengthen our ventures with this town.

PAX East? Ugh! Are you from Boston?


Male Nagaji Hospitalier (Paladin) 2 HP: 22, AC: 20, Tch: 12, FF: 17, F: +9, R: +6, W: +8, Init: +2, Per: +7

Sritaro heartily greets both Morbak and Ha'el as he drops off his now empty plates to be cleaned.

Good morning to the both of you; I take it you ssslept well?

And I am jealous of ya Crispin; PAX is one of the reasons I want to head to head to one of the coasts


Halfling(Jinx) Cobbler 3, HP: 21, AC: 19, Tch: 14, FF: 16, F: +2, R: +6, W: +2, Init: +3, Per: +9

@ Ha'el yes from north of Boston @Sritaro I wouldn't have been going if I wasn't running PFS, Now that I have gone it is Awesome.


I'll be out of town all weekend visiting family as well, so I won't be around a computer to update the game until Monday.


Half-Orc

Sounds like everyone has awesome plans this weekend. Have fun.


Halfling(Jinx) Cobbler 3, HP: 21, AC: 19, Tch: 14, FF: 16, F: +2, R: +6, W: +2, Init: +3, Per: +9

Looking at Zhiyo "actually it is the name of my great grandfather who was a cobbler of note, to bring something on the table before we continue further no more jokes at my expense." he looks a Ha'el longer than Zhiyo and Sritaro "I am just someone who wants a positive change in my life which is why I went to the lottery I am hoping that you will be more then business partners by the time we end our adventure. When we are done with breakfast I found some ATA items we can deal with while here. Crispin resumes eating hoping to finish at least a plate before the talk resumes.


Male Nagaji Hospitalier (Paladin) 2 HP: 22, AC: 20, Tch: 12, FF: 17, F: +9, R: +6, W: +8, Init: +2, Per: +7

Sritaro grins upon hearing Crispin's tale of desired redemption and meaning.

Then perhapsss it is fate that brought you hear Mr. Sssinge. Pelina offers many ways for enlightenment if busssiness doesn't go your way.

Sritaro pauses for a minute looking for a sign of contemplation on that idea before continuing.

Anyway... it sssounds like you wish to do ATA work; perhapsss you could take care of that while the ressst of us gathers information about the banditsss?


Male Elf Alchemist 2 (HP: 11, AC: 17, TAC: 14, FFAC: 13, F: 4, R: 6, W: 0, Init: 4, Per: 4)

Looks at Crispin with a look of feigned innocence.

Indeed, are we all not looking for some kind of change? An improvement if you will? I for one can certainly respect the need for new surroundings and a fresh start on things. A truce then ...

Ha'el raises his glass of juice in a toast and says ... to new beginnings!!

@Crispin, your city and mine have something of a rivalry brewing; at least among our respective hockey fans anyways.


Half-Orc

Raises flagon. "To new beginnings"

Downs contents in a single gulp. "So Sritaro, what is your story?"


Male Nagaji Hospitalier (Paladin) 2 HP: 22, AC: 20, Tch: 12, FF: 17, F: +9, R: +6, W: +8, Init: +2, Per: +7

It's a fairly sssimple one for me. A group of knights sssaved me after goblins raided my home. I was the only sssurvivor... Sritaro looks down for a second with a slight pause before continuing.

It was found to have been given a blessssing by Pelina; after that, the knights adopted me and raisssed me as a member of their order. I've only resscently been inducted. I have been in Tuven for only sssix months.

How about you Sssir Morbak? Crissspin's here to better himself... what brought you here?


Half-Orc

"I was born in the Eastern Wastelands, or as I know it The Reach. My father was the tribal shaman and my mother was a scout that stayed in the village, after he found and helped her recover after a battle against giant spiders. Growing up, I was taught how kill such monsterous vermin," eyes seem to start glowing crimson, "for I was only six when one feed on my best friend right in front of me."

Grabs another flagon and downs it quickly, cooling the crimson glow.

"After I helped the tribe finally erradicate the infestation, I left The Reach to forever rid the world of those monsters. My path led me to the Ice Gem Prospectors, where I helped keep the mines cleared and caravans safe. Then I went to the lottery, and here I am."


Male Nagaji Hospitalier (Paladin) 2 HP: 22, AC: 20, Tch: 12, FF: 17, F: +9, R: +6, W: +8, Init: +2, Per: +7

Sritaro listens to Morbak's tale intently, before standing up and patting the half-orc on the back.

Sssounds like your life was also filled with much hardssship. It ssseems that Pelina's light is ssstrongest in those with much resssolve through sssuffering.

With that, he turns to Ha'el.

And how about you, Mr. Ha'el; how did you join your companions?


Male Elf Alchemist 2 (HP: 11, AC: 17, TAC: 14, FFAC: 13, F: 4, R: 6, W: 0, Init: 4, Per: 4)

Ahhh that too is a tale of hardship. Let's just say that growing up as the only elf in a town full of humans had its challenges. If it were not for my mothers skill as an alchemist, I'm afraid they would have driven us out of town.

After a long pause ... Being an outcast your entire life has a way of shaping your personality. After my mother died I saw no reason to keep living there and I sold the shop and started plying my trade from the back of a wagon but I really didn't want that lifestyle. I've got bigger ambitions than making axel grease, soaps, salves and ointments for people.


Male Kitsune Sor2 Rog1/ / HP=12 AC=18 TT=14 FF=14/ /F=0 R=4 W=3/ /INI=4

He swallows the last bit of his food, "Those ambitions don't include world domination by way of evil mad alchemist, do they Ha'el?'

He looks at Crispin "Sorry, my mouth was full. But where I come from making such jokes is a friendly thing, I apologize you felt insulted by it."


Male Nagaji Hospitalier (Paladin) 2 HP: 22, AC: 20, Tch: 12, FF: 17, F: +9, R: +6, W: +8, Init: +2, Per: +7

I sssee... almost seems like fate that our harsh lives brought us together like this. Exsssciting the way Pelina works!, Sritaro exclaims, rather jubilant on his assumed notion of deific intervention. He then turns to Ha'el, waiting for him to finish his meal.

So what is world dominassstion? Why would an evil mad alchmist need with a ssspotted dog?


Sir Laughshield and a few of the other knights join you as they finish they morning chores. "So, my friends, what has the wisdom of Pelina guided you to decide upon?"


Half-Orc

"It is agreed that we hunt the bandits. Where might we start looking?"


Male Elf Alchemist 2 (HP: 11, AC: 17, TAC: 14, FFAC: 13, F: 4, R: 6, W: 0, Init: 4, Per: 4)

Ha'el leans over to Zhiyo and whispers

World domination? No nothing quite like that. I just want to make something of myself and go back to that rotten little town and show them that I've made it in spite of them


Halfling(Jinx) Cobbler 3, HP: 21, AC: 19, Tch: 14, FF: 16, F: +2, R: +6, W: +2, Init: +3, Per: +9

i am back, I will read stuff and post in a bit.


Halfling(Jinx) Cobbler 3, HP: 21, AC: 19, Tch: 14, FF: 16, F: +2, R: +6, W: +2, Init: +3, Per: +9

Looking at Zhiyo "Joking around is a common thing to to do here as well, it is just certain jests strike hard and I already had my fill from another." he glances at Ha'el.

Looking at Ha'el after thinking about what he said noting his hardships but not saying anything at this point.

"We have an extra wagon I am pretty sure we could bait them if we give them a proper target."


Male Nagaji Hospitalier (Paladin) 2 HP: 22, AC: 20, Tch: 12, FF: 17, F: +9, R: +6, W: +8, Init: +2, Per: +7

Perhaps sssomeone in town has already encountered them as well?

101 to 150 of 611 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Dangers of Civilization All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.