Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Damned Reborn (Inactive)

Game Master Aiunder

The mere mention of your name brings fear to commoners and even nobles in their walled and guarded manors are nervous when your name is heard.
Well that was true until you died.


951 to 973 of 973 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Mordecai stops Ezra before she begins her spell and, with her permission, motions for Aluria to pick up the sword rather than Ezra wasting her spell.


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

Ezra nods, and ceases her casting.


Evil Grin
The skeleton of Aluria moves up and grabs hold of the piece of blade with her bone hands and pulls the blade out from within the stone. A small trickle of water follows afterwards then in a fraction of a second the wall within the archway spider webs with cracks and explodes outwards from the force of the water contained on the other side.

Everyone please make reflex saves and initiative rolls.


HP 33/72, AC 23, Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +8, Corruption 4/6, Smite 2/2 Scabbard 1/1, Pearl 1/1 +16 Intimidate, +13 Diplomacy, +13 Bluff

Facepalm

Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Marcel has just enough time for a deep, booming chuckle before water overwhelms him and he has to fight.

Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Aluria Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Male Fetchling Fighter 1/Ninja 4/Red Mantis Assassin 1 | HP 59/66 | AC 20 T 16 FF 15 | CMD 21 |Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +3 | Init +5 | Perception +11 | Ki 6/6

Reflex: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

Ref: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Init: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17
If I get a pair, do I double both?



Initiative Order:
Creature 23
Grim 21
Leon 18
Ezra 17
Bigzy 12
Mordecai and pet 11
Shadow 9

As the water gushes in you are all swept off the surface and into the black waters. Luckily you all, excluding Grim, Bigzy and Aluria, manage to make your saves and avoid crashing into the sharp rocks below. You are not alone in the water, something very large and long is in there with you as it thrashes about in the violently churned water. Spearing through the water towards you are long tentacles that swing and search the water for you.

Aluria takes 8 damage

Just to make things easier for you here are the rules for combat in water

DM SCREEN:

Bigzy init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Grim init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
creature initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Aluria's damage: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 3) = 8


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

Ezra mutters about the quality of workmanship in dam walls now-a-days as she activates her flight hex, and heads up to the roof that had previously provided some measure of safety. Once safely out of the water, the small witch casts 'Invisibility' and scans the water below for survivors.


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Still composed despite the icy water surrounding him, Mordecai holds his breath and taps a hand against himself.

Concentration check DC 16: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17
Cast 'Shield of Faith' on self.


Just waiting on Leon and Shadow


Male Fetchling Fighter 1/Ninja 4/Red Mantis Assassin 1 | HP 59/66 | AC 20 T 16 FF 15 | CMD 21 |Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +3 | Init +5 | Perception +11 | Ki 6/6

Sorry, was waiting on those ahead of me.

The fetchling looks for a location to climb out of the water or to get some firm footing if there is nowhere he can climb out. Additionally, if he finds nowhere to climb out then he draws his sawtooth sabres.

Let me know if I need to make swim or climb checks.


HP 33/72, AC 23, Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +8, Corruption 4/6, Smite 2/2 Scabbard 1/1, Pearl 1/1 +16 Intimidate, +13 Diplomacy, +13 Bluff

So we're all in the water?

Wow, I am so screwed. I don't think it's possible for me to make a swim check in my armor so I can't really move, and I don't have any piercing weapons on me. I'm basically just going to sink and drown.

I don't think I can contribute a lot to this fight, so I'm going to let myself sink, hold my breath and start summoning Roar. Round 1 of 10.


Initiative Order:
Creature 23
Grim 21
Leon 18
Ezra 17
Bigzy 12
Mordecai and pet 11
Shadow 9

The creatures tentacles lash about striking Shadow (10 damage) and Leon (11 damage) while a large mass of them wrap around Grim and begin pulling him down into the darker depths of the water. Grim begins stabbing the tentacles with one of his javelins. Leon allows his armour to bring him down towards the bottom (You'll hit bottom next round). Ezra activates her hex power to fly out of the water to the top of the cave, which she can see is quickly filling, and begins looking to survivors. Bigzy swims to the surface and drinks something that looks like a potion while Mordecai casts Shield of Faith on himself and Aluria moves closer to the source of the tentacles failing quite splendidly at swimming.

Shadow you would need a swim check and also a climb check to get out of the water.]

DM SCREEN:

arm1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
arm2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
tentacles: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24damage: 4d6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 3, 1, 4) + 3 = 13grapple: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (2) + 22 = 24
grim swim: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
grim javelin: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
bigzy swim: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

Realizing water is water's best friend, Ezra casts Summon Monster III (attempting Water Elementals).

Via Message: "Umm, Yeah. You all really need to learn to fly. In the mean time, maybe the gragon can pull you steel encased anchors to the surface... Or even better, go away to make room for a whole lot of water elementals to bob you to the surface.."


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Reaching out, Mordecai charges his hand with black energy and strikes out for the creature.

Convert 'Prayer' to 'Inflict Serious Wounds'
Concentration: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25
Melee touch attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Damage: 3d8 + 6 ⇒ (7, 6, 8) + 6 = 27


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

How deep was that water again?


Male Fetchling Fighter 1/Ninja 4/Red Mantis Assassin 1 | HP 59/66 | AC 20 T 16 FF 15 | CMD 21 |Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +3 | Init +5 | Perception +11 | Ki 6/6

Round 2, HP: 49/66, Ki 6/6, Spells: Shadow Weapon Round 1/10

The fetchling realizes that the others are not leaving the water to fight this creature on their terms as opposed to its terms.

He revises his tactics. While at the surface of the water, he casts a spell.

Standard Action: Cast Shadow Weapon to Create a Short Sword

He then takes a deep breath proceeds to swim to a location that lets him flank the creature with the nearest one of his companions.

Move: Swim: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Male Fetchling Fighter 1/Ninja 4/Red Mantis Assassin 1 | HP 59/66 | AC 20 T 16 FF 15 | CMD 21 |Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +3 | Init +5 | Perception +11 | Ki 6/6

DM, I don't know how far my character is from a flanking position but if he needs to speed a ki point to add +20 to his speed so he can start in a flanking position next round, then he will do that.


Initiative Order:
Creature 23
Grim 21
Leon 18
Ezra 17
Bigzy 12
Mordecai and pet 11
Shadow 9
Krovax and Dreadmaul 8

The creature which most of you are close enough to see appears to be a shrunken, pale looking squid-like being over forty feet long and lashes out with its arms striking Bigzy {ooc](11 damage)[/ooc] and Krovax {ooc](8 damage)[/dice] and continues to wrap the rest of its tentacles around Grim slowly crushing the air out of his lungs. Try as he may as he squirms and rages Grim cannot break the creatures hold. Leon finally lands at the murky bottom filled with half devoured corpses and continues to call upon his mount. Ezra begins casting summon monster high above the black water which appears to be at least forty feet deep in most places and rising quickly. Bigzy dives down under the water and tries to saw at one of the tentacles holding Grim but can't get a hold on it. Mordecai tries to swim up to the creature but cannot get close enough to touch it (Failed swim check DC15). Shadow casts his spell and is forced to use a ki point to get into position near Bigzy, opposite side of Grim, ready for next round. Dreadmaul slithers through the water like a crocodile but fails to snap its jaws down upon any of the creature. Krovax is being tossed around in the water so much that all he can do is try and keep himself right way up.

Mordecai you still have the spell ready you just need to succeed on a swim check DC15 to be able to move close enough to touch it. Shadow and Bigzy are now flanking and Grim is pinned by the creature and being crushed. Ezra you're elementals can act on your turn so make their rolls please. Leon is 2/10 for summoning mount.

DM SCREEN:

arm: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
arm: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
CMB to pin Grim: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (16) + 22 = 38damage: 4d6 + 3 ⇒ (4, 4, 4, 4) + 3 = 19
Grim CMB to break away: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
Bigzy stab: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Mordecai swim check: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (10) - 3 = 7
dreadmaul swim: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Dreadmaul bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8damage: 1d8 + 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (3) + (1) + 10 = 14
Krovax swim: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
con strict damage: 4d6 + 3 ⇒ (3, 4, 4, 4) + 3 = 18

[/spoiler]


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Swim: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (4) - 3 = 1

Vainly thrashing around, Mordecai lets loose another spell, still holding his charge of black energy.

Cast 'Bless'. Concentration check: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16


Male Fetchling Fighter 1/Ninja 4/Red Mantis Assassin 1 | HP 59/66 | AC 20 T 16 FF 15 | CMD 21 |Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +3 | Init +5 | Perception +11 | Ki 6/6

Round 3, HP: 49/66, Ki 5/6, Holding Breath: 3/28, Spells: Shadow Weapon Round 2/10

Having moved in to a flanking position with Bigzy, the fetchling flicks his wrist on his off hand and a dagger pops out in to his hand.

Swift Action: Release Dagger from Spring Loaded Wrist Sheath

The fetchling attempts to make two attacks, the first with the illusory short sword, the second with the dagger.

Full Round Attack:
MW Shadow Weapon Short Sword to Hit: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 2 = 29
MW Shadow Weapon Short Sword Damage: 1d6 + 3d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + (6, 2, 3) + 1 = 15
Creature gets a DC 15 will save versus the Short Sword. If it succeeds then it only takes 1 damage instead of the 1d6 weapon damage. I believe it still takes full sneak attack and strength damage though.

Dagger to Hit: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 2 = 10
Dagger Damage: 1d4 + 3d6 ⇒ (3) + (2, 6, 1) = 12

I am not sure if he needs a swim check to stay where he is and make his full round attack. If he does, here it is:
Swim: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

EDIT: Add +1 to above numbers for bless. Roll to confirm Short Sword Crit:

MW Shadow Weapon Short Sword to Confirm Crit: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 22
MW Shadow Weapon Short Sword Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Swim check DC 15 is required to attack, if you fail you basically soend the round trying not to drown or crash against rocks or debris but you can keep your attack rolls for next round.

951 to 973 of 973 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Damned Reborn In Character / Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Play-by-Post

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.