Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

The Damned Reborn (Inactive)

Game Master Aiunder

The mere mention of your name brings fear to commoners and even nobles in their walled and guarded manors are nervous when your name is heard.
Well that was true until you died.


351 to 400 of 973 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Mordecai glances at the black weapon as he removes his zombie's shield and replaces it with the enchanted one they had just discovered.

"Curious..."

Detect Magic on the black sword and the amulet.
K. Arcana 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26
K. Arcana 2 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
Spellcraft 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27
Spellcraft 2 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14


Male Dragon Eidolon (Current HP: 31 | Current AC: 26 | Fort: +5, Ref +7, Will +1)

Dreadmaul's tail flicks back and forth, eager to feel flesh ripping between his claws for the first time in his new form. "Move along mortals, we waste time here!" he hisses from his flaming throat.


Krovax glares at Dreadmaul. Enough!

He then looks to the others, "He is right, the items aren't here. We need to move and soon. Store the gear, unless you see something you can put to use now, and let us get back to it before we are discovered. The more ground we cover before that happens the better for us."


Female Human Sorceress / 11

Opal hurriedly puts on a set of the priestly clothes over her own. "Which way shall we go next?"


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

"I think the tacticians should take their best guess, and I will follow," answers Ezra, nodding at Opal. She then looks quizzically to Krovax and Leon. "Lead on?"


HP 33/72, AC 23, Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +8, Corruption 4/6, Smite 2/2 Scabbard 1/1, Pearl 1/1 +16 Intimidate, +13 Diplomacy, +13 Bluff

Leon nods and thinks for a moment.

"Without knowing the full layout of the building, it is difficult to say."

Would there be any applicable roll to make an educated guess?

"It may be worth taking a captive."


The amulet is one of the items you were told to recover, all you need is the statue and deal with the traitor.


My bad, I thought it was a coin and a statue. Been a while since I rolled back that far for a reread.


HP 33/72, AC 23, Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +8, Corruption 4/6, Smite 2/2 Scabbard 1/1, Pearl 1/1 +16 Intimidate, +13 Diplomacy, +13 Bluff

"If the statue is heavy, it is not likely to be on the second floor."


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

are there any more obvious doors on this floor?

"If it were me, I would keep the parts far apart; no sense making it easy on the people trying to recover the pieces..."


there are two other doors in this corridor on the same side as the room you're in. On door on end did o this one.


"Lets clear off the rest of this floor before moving on. Ezra, can you slip ahead just a short distance to give us an idea what's ahead?"


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

Ezra moves as quietly as possible down the corridor, trying to peek through the doors. (Keyholes will work too if the doors are closed.)

Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28


The doors are closed and with the key holes you can see darkness and no movement inside. Also you can feel that these rooms are unlocked.


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

"The rooms are unlocked, dark, and devoid of movement. I suggest we clear them all, just to be safe. No sense leaving a potential threat to flank us later on."


HP 33/72, AC 23, Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +8, Corruption 4/6, Smite 2/2 Scabbard 1/1, Pearl 1/1 +16 Intimidate, +13 Diplomacy, +13 Bluff

Leon nods and takes point, opening the first door


Krovax moves aside to let Leon take the front.

"Back to letting others take the risks for you, Draverian? How awe inspiring of you."

"Blackmane is a capable fighter, it would be foolish not to let him take a frontline position in combat. And besides, someone has to protect the rear flank."

Krovax follows along the rear of the procession with Dreadmaul at his side, checking behind them frequently for pursuers.

Perception Krovax: 1d20 ⇒ 5
Perception Dreadmaul: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


Leon steps into the first room prepared for an again or battle that does not occur. The light shining in from the hallway reveals this room to be some form of office. The walls are covered in books and mundane scrolls and the desk in the centre is covered in loose pages of parchment and other writing necessities.


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

Ezra will scan the room quickly for valuables, rifling the desk hurriedly before continuing on.
Looking for recent items that might indicate locations of the statue. Otherwise looking for valuable items I can quickly stow in my pack.


Krovax steps slightly into the door and surveys the scene while muttering some words of magic.

Detect Magic and scanning the room.


No magic aside from each other.

Taking the time to rifle through the notes you see several letters written in the Katapesh dialogue that are recent, aside from those the notes seem to be basic operational notes on expenses and such.


Krovax finishes scanning the room, then turns back to the hall as he says, "Grab whatever may be of use and let's keep moving."


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

"Hmm..."

Mordecai casts Comprehend Languages on himself and quickly reads through all the notes, doing so on the move if necessary.


The letters are from one of the high priests of the Sarenraen religion in distant katapesh discussion the statue. It appears they have dispatched a priest to collect the statue and based on the dates he should have arrived either yesterday or today.


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Mordecai quickly reads the letters out loud to his companions.


Female Human Sorceress / 11

"Well then, is anything written about where the priest is staying or what his route back will be? Might be easier to waylay him rather than keep breaking into rooms around here."


Nope but...

roll intelligence please


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23


Female Human Sorceress / 11

int 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Remembering some street gossip from earlier...

Priests of Abaddar are entertaining a foreign priest from the south garbed in fancy silks that made him look like he was wearing a dress.

An emissary from Katapesh has arrived in the city bringing dozens of strangely dressed guards


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

"How do you feel about leaving that undead armored beast here? He might pass for a guard behind all that armor, at least to a casual observer. We can prop up another corpse and armor him up so it looks like two. Buy us some time? Either way we should move, now."


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Mordecai winces slightly at the suggestion and lets the zombie answer the question itself, by disappearing into a crack in the earth that seals over again immediately.

In other words- afraid not.


so are you continuing in the church or leaving right away?


Assuming the group is filled in on the above information. If not, disregard the following.

Krovax thinks for a moment, then says, "We can't take the chance that the item is either gone or still here, we need to check both. Some of us need to find the Katapesh congregation and learn if they have it already, and some others need to continue searching here. Last we know, the person we are hunting is at the very least here. "

Krovax steps back into the hall, glances back and forth, and turns back and continues, "Ezra, Opal, and Leon, you three may be the best to continue here, since Opal has wanted posters all over. Mordecai and myself can go find the priest and his guard and learn if they have the statue. Between myself, Dreadmaul, Mordecai, and his undead, this splits us up fairly evenly. Objections?"


HP 33/72, AC 23, Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +8, Corruption 4/6, Smite 2/2 Scabbard 1/1, Pearl 1/1 +16 Intimidate, +13 Diplomacy, +13 Bluff

"None." Leon says. "Where will you meet us when it is done?"


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

Ezra shrugs, and recasts Message. "Yell for help as needed. We will do the same. Remember it is kinda short range."


"The main well, as before. I trust that, should either party not arrive in a reasonable amount of time, the other will come investigate? Besides, our mission cannot be finished without both artifacts as well as the traitor."

Stepping into the hall. Krovax turns to Mordecai and says, "Lets move quickly, head for the rear door again before it is learned we came in that way so that the others can still use the secret exit we found."


Female Human Sorceress / 11

If there is any kind of hood to the priestly outfit Opal stole, she'll wear it up over her head and keep her gaze down on the ground if they pass anyone in the hall and let Leon lead.


As Ezra, Opal and Leon prepare to continue searching the temple, Krovax and Mordecai head for the exit hoping to catch the foreign priest before he can leave.

The group staying in the temple head out the door at the far end of the hall and find themselves on a balcony overlooking the central worship area and forges of the temple. Billowing smoke and the ringing of metal on anvil prevents anyone from noticing your entrance. Garbed as priests the three of you make your way around the balcony until Opal stops, spying the traitor cuffed and being led somewhere in chains. You continue around the rest of the balcony to the opposite door and walk in realizing in your haste that there are a number of other priests in this hall.

Can you all make bluff checks? Opal, Ezra and Leon to act as normal priests and Mordecai and Krovax to slip out of the temple without attracting attention.


Female Human Sorceress / 11

Bluff 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

Bluff: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Can I make a Diplomacy check instead? Or intimidate, to get out of there without anyone wanting to bother me?


HP 33/72, AC 23, Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +8, Corruption 4/6, Smite 2/2 Scabbard 1/1, Pearl 1/1 +16 Intimidate, +13 Diplomacy, +13 Bluff

Bluff: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21

If necessary, I will maintain the ruse that Opal and Ezra are captives of mine.


You can roll try to cow the staff with intimidate yes

Wont work with Opal disguised as a priestess.


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Intimidate:1d20 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22


HP 33/72, AC 23, Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +8, Corruption 4/6, Smite 2/2 Scabbard 1/1, Pearl 1/1 +16 Intimidate, +13 Diplomacy, +13 Bluff

It's mostly the demoness with the lousy poker face I'm worried about. :)


Krovax will go along with Mordecai so as to not mess up his exit plan, using Intimidate as well.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


Deathly stares and hands on weapons gets Krovax and Mordecai out through the kitchen again as the staff move very quickly to get out of their way. Once outside they move quickly towards the temple of Abadar as fast as they can only to find a large crowd dispersing towards the gates. Over their heads you can see the trailing end of a column of riders wearing bright clothes.

Meanwhile...

The other three are quite careful in their guise as clergy, enough so that you can see them moving along doing whatever they were doing and some even exchange pleasantries. Following the hallway to a set a stairs down you arrive in the central worship area and forge ready to move down towards the exit you saw the traitor led through. Unfortunately there is a very angry looking and very armed dwarf blocking your path bearing proudly on his armour the symbol of Torag.
"HALT! Who are you and what are you doing in this holy place?"


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

Keeping her head down, playing the good supplicant, Ezra will leave the talking to the silver-tongued bard. However, she will be ready to launch a slumber hex should the best efforts of the Bard fail.


HP 33/72, AC 23, Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +8, Corruption 4/6, Smite 2/2 Scabbard 1/1, Pearl 1/1 +16 Intimidate, +13 Diplomacy, +13 Bluff

Ezra looks like herself, and Opal looks like a priestess right now right? If I'm mistaken, there may need to be a rewrite of some kind.

"Sir Leon goes here, priest of the forge god." the tall knight says, stopping briefly. "I captured someone who fit the description of the girl the guard was looking for, but it turns out she was some kind of succubus in disguise. She has been bound now, her disguises and lies stripped. I am taking her elsewhere. Apparently your order has other pressing concerns at the moment and can only spare one acolyte to assist me." he says with mild annoyance in his tone.

"For what reason do you halt me?"

Do I keep the bluff roll from earlier or re-roll

351 to 400 of 973 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Damned Reborn In Character / Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.