Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


The Damned Reborn (Inactive)

Game Master Aiunder

The mere mention of your name brings fear to commoners and even nobles in their walled and guarded manors are nervous when your name is heard.
Well that was true until you died.


301 to 350 of 973 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Twisting his flail and body back around, he prepares to end this holy knights life with another attack...

Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13, + 2 more if flanking.
Damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Female Human Sorceress / 11

With so many already converging upon the remaining guard, Opal remains in front of the door, keeping and eye out for any surprises and to provide an obstacle in case he tries to break out of the room.



Initiative Order:
Ezra 21
Mordecai 19
Krovax 14
Opal 14
Guard 2 13 (asleep)
Guard 1 8 (shaken)
Leon 7

Ezra moves close to the guard right up next to Leon and Krovax and begins to cast beguiling gift (which she didn't memorize but I'll let it slide this time) and barely avoids the man's blade as he swings while she completes her spell but he resists the urge to take the bottle. Mordecai then summons up the skeletal form of a fallen warrior who swings at the guard from behind but its empty claws can't find purchase thr8ugh the steel back. Krovax swings his mace again but is stopped by he guard's skill with a shield. Meanwhile Opal hangs back making sure no-one comes up the stairs behind them. The guard standing outnumbered quickly kicks his partner waking him up. Then Leon swings a vicious punch again at the guard causing yet more unholy burns and starts looking for a way to flee.

To make things quick and easy can Leon, Krovax Mordecai's skeleton and Ezra if your armed roll for AoO vs the guard getting up. The first guard is moderately wounded and frightened, the second is unhurt and prone.

DM SCREEN:

attack of opportunity vs Ezra: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 141d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Will save vs enchantment: 1d20 + 4 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 2 - 2 = 17
fortitude save vs shaken->Frightened: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

"Meh," mutters Ezra, taking a five foot step back away from the guard to allow the fighters more room to maneuver. Once again, Ezra focus her Illwill at the guard, hexing his ability to avoid attacks.

Evil Eye, AC. Even if he makes save, lasts one round.


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Slame AOO
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Krovax sees what the guard is trying to do, and curses inside the silenced area to no avail. He swings his flail so that he can take a swing at the waking guard and recover quickly recover it for an attack on the wounded man before him.

AoO: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Regular Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23 + 2 more if flanking.
Damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


HP 33/72, AC 23, Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +8, Corruption 4/6, Smite 2/2 Scabbard 1/1, Pearl 1/1 +16 Intimidate, +13 Diplomacy, +13 Bluff

Great axe AoO, Flank, Power Attack: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 2 = 30

Damage: 1d12 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

Ezra has no weapon drawn, so can not make an AoO. She is stepping back to allow the fighters room.



Initiative Order:
Ezra 21
Mordecai 19
Krovax 14
Opal 14
Guard 2 13 (prone)
Guard 1 8 (frightened)
Leon 7

Ezra steps back and uses her evil eye on guard 1 causing the guards defences to falter. Mordecai's skeleton claws again at the armed and standing soldier but can't get past his armour. Krovax swings his flail at the first guard smashing him again. Opal continues to guard everyone's back. As the second guard stands up both Krovax and Leon make him regret it with a vicious over handed axe chop and wide arcing flail both connecting and raining large amounts of blood onto the floor. Still reeling from the blows his swing at Leon goes wide. The first guard swings at Krovax cutting deep with his long-longsword but missing his backswing. Backed into a corner and unable to flee all he can do is fight. Leon sensing weakness in the second guard swings too heavily and loses his balance giving the guard a chance to block him.

Guard one is frightened and moderately hurt, the second guard is stable and quite hurt

DM SCREEN:

save vs Evil Eye: 1d20 + 4 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 2 - 2 = 14
Guard 1 Atk vs Krovax: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Guard 1 Atk vs Krovax: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
guard 2 Two vs Leon: 1d2 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Skeleton attack 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Skeleton attack 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Leon power attack vs Guard 2: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13damage: 1d12 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

Ezra again glares at the first guard, focusing her hatred to lower his ability to defend from magics [Evil Eye hex, Saves] cackling hellishly at his weakness. [Extending the durration of all evil eye hex effects by one round.]


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Raising an eyebrow at Ezra's chuckles, Mordecai decides to finish this fight. Ordering his corpse to attack, he himself steps forward.

Attacking the Prone guard.
I think I never delivered that Inflict Moderate wounds, here it is.
Melee touch: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Inflict damage: 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (8, 7) + 6 = 21
Zombie attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Slam damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Gritting his teeth against the pain in his leg, Krovax returns all of his focus on the one who wounded him. He whips the flail around and brings it to bear towards the guards skull.

Attack standing guard: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28 + 2 if flanking.
Damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9



Initiative Order:
Ezra 21
Mordecai 19
Krovax 14
Opal 14
Guard 2 13
Guard 1 8 (frightened)
Leon 7

Posting is getting light, I hope it was just the weekend and were not losing Leon and Opal

Ezra again stares a hole through the first guard but his resolve or his fear allow him to shake it off. Mordecai steps up and releases the negative energy clutched in his palm against the first guard searing him with dark energies. Krovax then makes his move and swings his flail around braining the guard and dropping his broken form against the wall. Sensing her silence spell is running out Opal casts grease on the second guards shield forcing him to drop it. Knowing that grabbing his shield would be a death sentence the lone guard grips his long-awaited in two hands and swings for Leon cutting him with a wound that would slay common folk 8 damage but his backswing glides between Mordecai's skeleton's ribs doing nothing. Leon's frustration is evident as the guard parries both of his vicious strikes.

Guard 1 is downed, Guard two is badly hurt and lost his shield

DM SCREEN:

will save vs evil eye: 1d20 + 4 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 2 - 2 = 20
fortitude save vs inflict: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
reflex vs Grease: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
guard 1 vs Krovax: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
guard 1 vs Mordecai: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
guard 2 vs Leon: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
guard 2 vs skeleton: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Leon power attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16damage: 1d12 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
Krovax confirmation roll: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 2 = 19crit damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Leon power attack 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14damage: 1d12 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

Evil Eye lasts 1 round, even when they make saves (2 rounds with cackle)
Having set the guard up for failure, Ezra again focuses her will, this time condemning him to slumber, again. Accursed Hex, can hex again if they saved first time


The guard you've been hexing is dead, the guard that fell asleep is the one still up which accursed hex won't work on.


Female Human Sorceress / 11

Opal has still just been watching the door for any other guards that may come down so we don't get surprised. I didn't think there would be any room for her to get in on the combat.


Eyes flashing as the guard falls, Krovax swings his flail around to try to finish off the second guard as well.

Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23 + 2 if flanking.
Damage: 1d1 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Also, is my Shield spell still active?


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

Sorry, I misread the guards. Ezra draws a wand fo Cure Light Wounds Spring loaded wrist sheath, Swift Action, steps behind Leon, keeping away from the guards reach, and activates the wand. Cure Light Wounds, Level 1: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


shield will be done after this combat. I forgot you had it in effect.


HP 33/72, AC 23, Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +8, Corruption 4/6, Smite 2/2 Scabbard 1/1, Pearl 1/1 +16 Intimidate, +13 Diplomacy, +13 Bluff

Leon continues his assault.

Attack: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 2 = 20
Damage: 1d12 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

Secondary Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 = 9
Damage: 1d12 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22



Initiative Order:
Ezra 21
Mordecai 19
Krovax 14
Opal 14
Guard 2 13
Leon 7

Ezra moves carefully to avoid getting attacked and heals Leon. Mordecai years into the guard from behind with both claws, then Krovax finished him off before he can do any more damage.

The two corpses lie bloody in the hallway infront of the door they were guarding which appears locked. The silence spell fades quickly leaving you in the hall. The guards are each wearing a set of masterwork platemail armour, carry masterwork long-swords and large steel shields. Between the two you also find a potion and 45 gold coins.

DM SCREEN:

skeleton attack1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
skeleton attack2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Female Human Sorceress / 11

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Checking to see if the door is trapped.

Opal looks over the door as the others deal with looting the bodies. "Well, shall I go ahead and try to get it open?"


HP 33/72, AC 23, Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +8, Corruption 4/6, Smite 2/2 Scabbard 1/1, Pearl 1/1 +16 Intimidate, +13 Diplomacy, +13 Bluff

Leon looks back at Ezra, slightly surprised. Nodding his thanks to her, he moves to the side of the door and waits with his axe ready.

Aren't we still in a zone of Silence? Are we able to talk, or was Opal just moving her lips?


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

I have message cast, so maybe she is talking in your head, but the silence spell faded as well, so she could be talking outloud.

"Tsk! Opening a possibly rigged door is no task for a lady as lovely as yourself, especially when there is a perfectly good skeletal minion to do the work for us.... in case it is trapped."

Ezra backs away from the door.

"By the bye, I can fit at least some of that gear in my pack if you like."


HP 33/72, AC 23, Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +8, Corruption 4/6, Smite 2/2 Scabbard 1/1, Pearl 1/1 +16 Intimidate, +13 Diplomacy, +13 Bluff

"It might be worth equipping these skeletons and letting Ezra carry the rest. How long will they last?"


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Mordecai bends over and carefully strips one of the bodies of armour and puts it on his own minion, complete with shield and sword.

"Excellent... My pet should have a little more bite now..."

"My pet will be here for another few minutes, no more, sadly. but he can get the door open..."

At his direction, Mordecai's skeleton stumbles forwards and tries to open the door, or bash through it.


The door is locked.

I need a disable device roll or a strength check to force it.


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Zombie strength roll:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Its stats are in my profile.


"If we are no longer concerned about our ruse, Leon, could you watch for a moment while I bring in more aid?"

Krovax sits himself in a safe place and begins summoning Dreadmaul while the skeleton is equipped and the door is examined.


Female Human Sorceress / 11

Opal was talking out loud, quietly though, since the Silence spell had ended.

Opal stands back to allow the zombie to attempt to open the door. At the very least it will hopefully trigger any traps.


The skeleton pounds uselessly against the door unable to open it and setting off no traps either.


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Mordecai watches with a faint smile as it goes to work. "It is quite amusing watching it work, I'll admit. But it will disappear soon- if we want this door open, someone else should help him bash it down."


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

Ezra remains away from the door, No sense in all of us getting blown up if the door is rigged, and attempts to hide and keep an eye on the stairs.

Stealth (unless you want to roll stealth checks..): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13


Female Human Sorceress / 11

disable 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
will try again if needed 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26

Glad to see just touching the door won't set off any traps, Opal gets some tools out of her backpack. "If you don't mind, call him off the door for a moment and let me see if I can get open."


Taking her turn at the door Opal fiddles with the lock for a bit before the latch finally unlocks with a click and the door slides open slowly an inch.
Assuming no-one takes any further precautions
Peering inside the room you can see it is a holding room with several locked chests and closets.
Taking several minutes you are able to open all but two of the chests and all of the closets.

contents:

chain shirts x6
war hammers x10
priest garb x20
Several sets of commoners clothes
twenty pounds of jewelery (total value 3,500g)
Masterwork War hammer
Masterwork Earth breaker
348 gold
1636 silver
56725 copper
Congratulations you've located the church's lock-up


"Opal, can you begin cleaning off the blood outside? Leon, lets get those bodies in here...unless you have plans for them, Mordecai? Also, does anyone have means of opening or storing these last two chests? They may contain what we need."


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

If no one objects, I will addd the coin and jewelry to my pack, along with anything of note anyone else is interested in.


Female Human Sorceress / 11

"Well, I suppose we could use some of the priestly clothing as
disguises?"

Opal will cast Prestidigitation a few times outside the lockup to clean up the blood while the others are going through the chests.

When they experience problems opening the last two chests, she'll go into the lockup and look them over and try to open them up.


disable 1 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
disable 2 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17


"Good idea Opal," Krovax grunts as he drags the guard into the lockup, "could help with our escape if we run low on magic later."


which of the two chests are you working on first?

One is long roughly four feet long a foot wide and six inches tall. It is heavy and clad in iron.

The second box is a two feet wide, two feet tall and three feet long.


Female Human Sorceress / 11

Go for biggest first


The large box clicks open revealing a backpack, dark brown travel leathers and other personal belongings. Near the bottom of the box seemingly almost forgotten amongst the rest lies an old brass chain with a symbol hanging from it that's very familiar.

Who is picking it up?


HP 33/72, AC 23, Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +8, Corruption 4/6, Smite 2/2 Scabbard 1/1, Pearl 1/1 +16 Intimidate, +13 Diplomacy, +13 Bluff

Leon only nodded and dragged the bodies inside. If Mordecai had plans for them, he could wait until they were out of sight.

Once finished, he took up a post near the door and waited.


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

Knowledge (arcana): +16; Knowledge (history): +13; Knowledge (nature): +13 ; Knowledge (planes): +13; or Intelligence Check +7 to see if I know or can remember what the symbol on the chain is, which ever is most appropriate

Casting Detect Magic.

1d20 ⇒ 15


I knew someone had it.
The necklace matches your brands and shows two very strong magic auras
The masterwork earth-breaker, the masterwork war-hammer and the masterwork shield worn by the skeleton all show magic auras as well.
The last box is too thick to reveal if anything magic is inside.

After taking the time to discern the auras
The war-hammer is a +1 axiomatic warhammer
The earth-breaker is a simple +1
The shield is a +2 heavy steel shield
The necklace has a very strong conjuration aura and a mild illusion aura


Female Human Sorceress / 11

While the items in the first chest are being identified, Opal will move over to last chest and attempt to open it.

a couple disable checks
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

Picking up the symbol, Ezra announces the magical properties of the other items and adds, "This one though... I am unsure on. I will need more time to examine it. I am not certain it is safe. Very strong auras are coming off of it."

I dont have Identify memorized, so I will try tomorrow.


When Ezra picks up the amulet it begins to glow and her brand ignites showing a matching rune. While the amulet glows, a spectral key grows out of the bottom of the amulet.

On Opals second try she manages to open the long iron bound chest, opening it to reveal a long serrated and wide bladed sword (bastard sword) made of a strange black metal with a mirror finish. The blade possesses a very strong necromantic aura.


Female Human Sorceress / 11

"What a nasty looking weapon this is and such odd metal too..." Opal turns to the group to ask the more martial members what they think of the weapon, but is distracted as she finally notices the glowing amulet and brand.

"Uhm, Ezra, what's with the glowing?"


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

"Hmm, I think we should hold on to this key. Anything that matches our brands must be good for us."

GM Arc:

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30

Assuming it is not horribly bad for me, I will put the amulet on.

Spellcraft, scary looking sword: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30

301 to 350 of 973 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Damned Reborn In Character / Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.