Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

The Damned Reborn (Inactive)

Game Master Aiunder

The mere mention of your name brings fear to commoners and even nobles in their walled and guarded manors are nervous when your name is heard.
Well that was true until you died.


251 to 300 of 973 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

"Down is likely to get dark, I hope you can see without torches. It is hard to catch them by surprise when you have a shining beacon in front of you."


"It is likely they have the same encumbrances we do in that regard, so I assume lighting will be present."


Krovax leads everyone to the stairs down and checks to see if anyone is below. There is not so you make your way down the winding staircase until you reach the bottom. Dimly lit this room appears to be a large warehouse several times larger than the kitchen above. As you each split up and move about searching the room.

The room is full of cooking supplies and dried goods.

Ezra:

At the far side of the room there is a part of the wall that looks different from the rest of the wall. It may be a secret door.

DM SCREEN:

perception Krovax: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2
perception Ezra: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
perception Opal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
perception Mordecai: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
perception Leon: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

"Halt, take a look at the wall just here."

Ezra walks to the wall, and examines it closely, being careful not to touch.

"What is it do you think? Just discolored? Or perhaps a secret door of some kind.."


"Scan it for traps...it's doubtful, but they may have secreted the items away there."

1d20 ⇒ 18

Krovax will wait for others to do a scan of the area Ezra points out. He then moves to the opposite entry way to watch for others to come from behind.


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Mordecai raises an eyebrow and scans the door for magic. He then bends over and searches for any footprints or disturbances in the dust along the floor which would indicate the wall has moved in the fast.

Perceptio,1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


With Ezra's help you all now see a small section of the wall, roughly three foot wide by four feet high is a lighter shade of stone than the rest of the wall, almost like its newer. You can't see any seams or gaps so I may not be a trap door but there is definitely something odd about it.

Meanwhile, Krovax stands at the stairs watching for anyone to come down and can hear an argument at the top of the stairs. He can't make it out due to distance and one person's heavy accent but a few words catch your attention, Statue, spy, desert and midnight before you can move closer to hear better they move on probably out through the kitchen.

And yes you can sense magic but due to the thickness of the stone you can't tell what kind.


"If you can find a way to open it, do it quick so we can move on, I think we just had some people move for the side exit. They were talking about the items, and a spy. Whatever they are planning to do with them, it is going down at midnight, so this may be our only shot before the move."


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

I wish our roguish type was here...
Ezra reaches out and pushes against the discolored walls edges, seeing if it will move manually.


strength check please if your trying that.


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

Str is 10, Strength Check: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Mordecai attempts to assist.

Strength:1d20 ⇒ 15


Female Human Sorceress / 11

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Opal looks at the area, trying to discern anything else unusual. She'll take her hands from behind her back and use the metal manacles to tap on the stone of wall and try to figure out if it sounds more hollow over the newer looking stone than the rest.


Yup hollow. Unfortunately the two of you can't budge the stone from the mortar. Its roughly seven at night so you reasonable have five hours while they prepare to complete your business. Based on what you have heard from the interrogation, rumours and eavesdropping after midnight the traitor and with him the items will probably beyond your reach or will require you to fight an unwelcome number of powerful agents of the various churches and far more soldiers and guardsmen.


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

"Which ever of you is biggest, give this wall a shot, otherwise we move on. Time is not on our side."


"Take watch," Krovax says as he turns to the door.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

Ezra moves stealthily to the watch position abandoned by Krovax.

stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32


HP 33/72, AC 23, Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +8, Corruption 4/6, Smite 2/2 Scabbard 1/1, Pearl 1/1 +16 Intimidate, +13 Diplomacy, +13 Bluff

Leon will help Krovax

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Don't suppose his roll can be an Aid Another to mine?


Gonna take control for a touch to speed through this okay?
Watching three of you trying hard to pry the stones out of the wall, Leon steps up. "This is getting us no where. Opal, Silence please." as he pulls out his greataxe and waits for the silence spell to hit. Opal casts silence and he swings his axe again and again until the new section of the wall is gone revealing a deep hole that looks vaguely like the sewer but much older. The inside of the hole is quite dry and dusty showing that it hasn't been used in a long time. When the spell ends, "Hmmm, a possible escape route?

You all agree to take a few minutes to quickly hide the reopened hole before venturing back up and resuming your search. You have several doors on the main level as well as two stairs leading upwards.

[edit] so that's what being ninja'd feels like[/edit]


HP 33/72, AC 23, Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +8, Corruption 4/6, Smite 2/2 Scabbard 1/1, Pearl 1/1 +16 Intimidate, +13 Diplomacy, +13 Bluff

That was actually going to be my next solution. :)


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

With the wall covered, the party continues down the stairs.


still waiting on a decision about where you wanna go next. If no-one decides I'll choose in three hours.


Krovax steps back to the stairwell once the new escape route is secured, and says "Well, we tried down..."

He then leads the group back to the main floor and to the stairs up.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

"I vote for the left"

Because Romney scares me. err I remember 2 sets heading up.


Female Human Sorceress / 11

"I'll vote for left as well."


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

As the party heads up the stairs to the left, Ezra hangs back a bit, trying to be stealthy, keeping an eye out for anyone who may move up behind us.
Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


Krovax leads the group up the leftmost set of stairs to the second level into a rounded corridor with six rooms on the outside or left wall while the interior wall holds many paintings and sculptures. Standing before the third door from you are two guards in full plate, polished to a brilliant sheen and standing rigid. They haven't noticed your arrival yet while you remain in the stairwell.


Female Human Sorceress / 11

Via Message to the group: "I have another casting of Silence if we wish to take these two down quietly."


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

"Opal, would you make it a little more quiet over there?"
Ezra prepares to launch her Slumber Hex at the furthest guard as soon as silence lands.


Female Human Sorceress / 11

Opal will relay via message the moment that she casts the spell.

will save dc 17


HP 33/72, AC 23, Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +8, Corruption 4/6, Smite 2/2 Scabbard 1/1, Pearl 1/1 +16 Intimidate, +13 Diplomacy, +13 Bluff

Premature. Leon grumbled inside his head. No patience.

Walking forward with his axe on his shoulder, the big knight made no pretense about what his intentions were once the spells started flying. Once within a few paces he surged forward, never losing his unsettling mask of calm.

Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Power Attack, Charge: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 2 = 22
Damage: 1d12 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18 +5 Negative Energy damage from the Channel Smite (Will Save DC 17 for for half)

23 damage total

Intimidate for Shaken effect (if damage is dealt): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16

Channel Smite damage:
Channel Smite from Consecrated Weapon: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 2) = 11 1/2 = 5, added to attack above


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

Slumber on the guard not being attacked, DC 20.


Gimme initiatives please as well as your actions during the surprise round.

Opal quickly casts silence upon the hallway, catching the soldiers off guard. It takes a few seconds for the soldiers to realize that all sound has stopped. During that time you each have a chance to act.


Female Human Sorceress / 11

initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Do I still have a surprise action since I'm casting the spell?


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

Initiative: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21
Surprise Round: Slumber Hex the furthest of the two guards.


yes you can act Opal


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Init:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Mordecai surges forwards, hand outstretched.

Cast and deliver Inflict Moderate Wounds on the closest one.
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
2d8 + 6 ⇒ (6, 4) + 6 = 16


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

I am off to bed, if everyone posts...

Supplemental Action:
If everyone posts, my next action is to Slumber Hex the other guard.


Alright, two guards, we may be able to...wait...what?

Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Krovax charges forward with Leon and Mordecai, targeting the nearest guard as well, (unless the furthest guard does not succumb to the spell).

Charge Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
Damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


[ooc]
Initiative Order:
Ezra 21
Mordecai 19
Krovax 14
Opal 14
Guard 2 13 (surprised)
Guard 1 8 (surprised)
Leon 7

As Opal's silence spell falls on the the two guards leaving them mute and unable to react. Ezra's hex falls on the distant guard who slumps to the ground asleep. Mordecai prepares inflict moderate wounds and holds it. Krovax charges the still standing guard but is unable to penetrate his shining plate. Opal moves forward vautiously and draws her rapier. Lastly Leon charges forward with Krovax, profane energy rippling like black lightning across he head of his axe but his axe merely grinds across the armour and an unseen barrier just above it.

DM SCREEN:

initiative guard 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
initiative guard 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
silence will save 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
silence will save 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
slumber save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

"Don't attack them if they are asleep please."
Ezra focuses her gaze on the second guard, hexing him to slumber.


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

"Mordecai, if it all the same to you, perhaps we could let our burly companions decapitate these, then you can animate your pet." Thinking a second longer, "and perhaps it is time to summon back your dragon sir, if he can be summoned in to such a small place.."


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Mordecai shakes his head sadly. "Unfortunately, my particular brand at necromancy is more effective when used on great beasts and creatures. My human 'pets' are somewhat... ineffective. Should we come across a few dragon corpses however, I promise you will not regret my presence."


HP 33/72, AC 23, Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +8, Corruption 4/6, Smite 2/2 Scabbard 1/1, Pearl 1/1 +16 Intimidate, +13 Diplomacy, +13 Bluff

Leon's eyes narrow as his blade glances off the mystic barrier.

Fine.

Reaching out for the man's face, black energy coursed up his arm.

Touch Attack + Cruelty: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Negative Energy Damage + Fear (shaken): 3d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 3) = 7

secondary Touch Attack + Cruelty: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Negative Energy Damage + Fear (shaken): 3d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 5) = 11

If he's immune to Fear, he isn't right now thanks to Aura of Cowardice. Fear duration is 6 rounds. If both Touch attacks hit, he's Frightened.


Krovax glares at the man, and gets a snarl on his face. He then whirls his mace around for another attack.

Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Confirm Critical: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Critical Damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13



Initiative Order:
Ezra 21
Mordecai 19
Krovax 14
Opal 14
Guard 2 13 (asleep)
Guard 1 8 (flatfooted)
Leon 7

Ezra again draws upon her dark arts to put the remaining knight/soldier to sleep the her hex has no effect. While Mordecai and Opal hang back, Krovax lunges towards the man swinging his flail mightily hammering the man's shield arm and crushing his shoulder guard sending thick red lines across the formerly mirrored finish of his plate. Quickly recovering from Krovax's blow the man swings his sword at Krovax and Leon in turn but cannot get past your guard. Seeing his earlier attack stopped Leon reaches out and grabs the man's armoured face with a hand wreathed in brackish green flames burning an imprint into the metal and hearing the satisfying sizzle of meat cooking underneath but the man remains standing defiantly.

Touch of Corruption is a standard action so you can't use it twice in one round

DM SCREEN:

Attack vs Krovax: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
attack vs Leon: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Fortitude save vs Cruelty: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


HP 33/72, AC 23, Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +8, Corruption 4/6, Smite 2/2 Scabbard 1/1, Pearl 1/1 +16 Intimidate, +13 Diplomacy, +13 Bluff

Alright. He should still be shaken for 6 rounds.


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

"I am so sorry. That was rude of me, here take this. It will quench your thirst, sir.

Beguiling gift (standard action) vial of waters of lamashtu (tail, swift action)


Yup still shaken


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Mordecai kneels and presses his hand into the dirt, sending a ripple through it that culminates in the emerging of a green-skinned slavering figure behind the guard, which tries to bash him.

Standard Action, raise a Zombie behind the guard for Flanking partner.
AC: 12
HP: 32
Slam attacks the guard:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

251 to 300 of 973 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Damned Reborn In Character / Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.