Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

The Damned Reborn (Inactive)

Game Master Aiunder

The mere mention of your name brings fear to commoners and even nobles in their walled and guarded manors are nervous when your name is heard.
Well that was true until you died.


201 to 250 of 973 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

"I am just a little way off... be there soon. Be aware, Opal used invisibility to give them them slip, so they may be prepared to detect us even invisible.."

"Opal, it looks like we are going in. Can you double back to the temple now that you have given them the slip?"

Ezra walks to the edge of the building overlooking the alley way, flying directly up for quite some distance, Fly: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (13) + 18 = 31, she glides back down into the alleyway behind the temple.

I am assuming that since it took one minute to get there and back it will take less than a minute to make it there again. 2/6 minutes used for the day.


Okay you're going in. Can a get a disable device roll to get past the door and stealth rolls from everyone that is sneaking in... Unless your barging in weapons drawn and cutting your way to your prize then I'll need initiatives.

yes you've only used two minutes if you join them immediately but you'll use three if you go for Leon's skeleton keys.


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

I will let Leon bring the keys. Whoever tries the door, I will cast Guidance.

As she descends into the alley, Ezra takes one last look around trying to see if she can spot any of the guards who are searching for Opal.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

If she is able to spot them, and their locations, she will inform the group via whisper.


HP 33/72, AC 23, Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +8, Corruption 4/6, Smite 2/2 Scabbard 1/1, Pearl 1/1 +16 Intimidate, +13 Diplomacy, +13 Bluff

I already rolled, check my last post

Unfortunately Guidance doesn't help the keys any...


As the group gathers at the alleyway, Krovax rustles his helm from his pack, placing it on his head. He mutters a few words of magic quietly as the others try the door.

Casting Shield on myself.

He then looks to Leon and mutters, "I don't expect either of us to be able to move about too quietly in this armor, so I believe our best objective will be to keep any fighting focused on ourselves. Perhaps the ones who are invisible can take advantage of our ruckus to find our target and guide us through the temple in the most direct route possible."

Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


HP 33/72, AC 23, Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +8, Corruption 4/6, Smite 2/2 Scabbard 1/1, Pearl 1/1 +16 Intimidate, +13 Diplomacy, +13 Bluff

"Agreed."


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Hearing all this, Mordecai mutters a curse and breaks into a fast walk, heading for the trouble.


Deciding that now would be the best time to storm the temple Leon uses one of his skeleton keys to bypass the simple lock on the door and then he and Krovax proceed straight in with weapons drawn startling the lone acolyte sitting on a chair watching the door. There is another door just past him that is open and seems to lead into the kitchens and larder.
surprise round - Lets hope you finish him before he can call out
Meanwhile Mordecai moves as quickly as he can back in the other direction towards everyone else after hearing their bold plan. He is about four or five minutes out through the crowds unless he wants to do something aggressive to clear his way.
Ezra is currently still outside in the alley waiting for Leon and Krovax to clear the way.
Opal has shaken off pursuit and is either moving to leave the city or making her way back which will take time.


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

I do not.


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

Ezra follows the two heavily armed men into the temple, staying back to let the knights do their thing. Spotting the Acolyte, she prepares a hex, hoping not to have to sacrifice invisibility to silence the man.
"We are in."


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

If I act in surprise round, holding action for Slumber Hex. If he fails to die, dropping the hex. If he dies, not doing anything. (DC 19 Will)


if your following right after them and want to act during the surprise round then roll initiative for me Ezra.


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

Init: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26


HP 33/72, AC 23, Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +8, Corruption 4/6, Smite 2/2 Scabbard 1/1, Pearl 1/1 +16 Intimidate, +13 Diplomacy, +13 Bluff

Leon strides with purpose, unhurried, but still closing the distance faster than the startled page can respond. With a simple and efficient angled cut.

Power Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

1d10 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Cornugon Smash, Intimidate to Demoralize: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30


Female Human Sorceress / 11

Dammit, they are sure to be watching the gates for me now since I was obviously heading there to start with. Perhaps the last place there would look for me would be near the temple now? I may as well go and see if I can offer any assistance to the others...

"Heading back towards the temple now. I doubt I could get out of the gate right now on my own.


Should Leon fail to take him out, Krovax also attacks the man. Otherwise, he will move to block anymore from coming in through the open door.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
1d10 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Leon I still need you initiative
The acolyte has no time to react to two heavily armoured men rushing into the room and is utterly helpless to defend himself from their one two blows splattering his blood across the wall as his body crumpled and sags against it.

The room appears to be a simple guard room with a table and two chairs. The far doorway is open and leads into a short hall. Around the corner can be heard the busy sounds of an active kitchen. It appears no-one has noticed yet.


HP 33/72, AC 23, Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +8, Corruption 4/6, Smite 2/2 Scabbard 1/1, Pearl 1/1 +16 Intimidate, +13 Diplomacy, +13 Bluff

1d20 ⇒ 13


"Ezra, if you are here, move ahead and scout for us. Let us know what we are up against. Opal, Mordecai, we will have the door closed and locked, tap lightly when you arrive and we will verify you are there through the eye slit."


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

Ezra will wander down the hall towards the kitchen sounds, keeping a keen eye out for anything unusual.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Perception loves me?

Stealth: 1d20 + 12 + 20 ⇒ (10) + 12 + 20 = 42 (12 Skill, 20 Invisible]

42 stealth.. I really hope nothing has perception that high...


Moving quietly and carefully, taking time to ensure you don't touch anything or bump into anyone. The kitchen is bustling with servants as they clean up after dinner. There appears to be no one else armed in this area. Moving onwards you enter a new hallway with a dozen doors leading all over the temple. With servants moving in and out you can see two doors lead to stairs heading downwards and one that leads upwards

You'll need to find a way for everyone to get past the servants then find your targets.


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

Ezra will take a moment to memorize the halls, doors, and paths to the door leading both up and down. After this task is complete, she moves carefully back the way she came, returning to the group, and informing them of her findings.

Stealth: 1d20 + 12 + 20 ⇒ (10) + 12 + 20 = 42


Incase you want more info to plan your actions

there are roughly twenty cooks and assistants that stay in the kitchen at all times as well as between two and ten servants that are coming in and out with dishes and foods. The kitchen is L shaped with all of the ovens, spits and fire pits on the far side leaving those tending them with their backs to you. There are several tables and butcher blocks set up where more are preparing food and the angled side closest to you consists of one wall holding shelves of pots, pans and plates while the closest side holds enormous wash basins.


Ezra, Leon and Krovax wait patiently until Mordecai and Opal arrive a few minutes later. Ezra your invisibility has ended by now. With everyone back together You are finally free to hatch your plan and enact it.

DM SCREEN:

encounter/discovery chance: 1d100 ⇒ 28
encounter/discovery chance: 1d100 ⇒ 31


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

does the door open in or out?


the outside door? It swings outwards. The inside door swings into the hallway.


HP 33/72, AC 23, Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +8, Corruption 4/6, Smite 2/2 Scabbard 1/1, Pearl 1/1 +16 Intimidate, +13 Diplomacy, +13 Bluff

"Do we have a way of cleaning and repairing the page's tabard?"


Female Human Sorceress / 11

Opal casts Prestidigitation upon the tabard to clean it up. "Sorry, but that's all I can do. I have no spells to mend broken things."


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Having arrived, Mordecai walks forward and passes his hand over the tabard, the material flying together back into its original form beneath his fingers.

Cast Mending


HP 33/72, AC 23, Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +8, Corruption 4/6, Smite 2/2 Scabbard 1/1, Pearl 1/1 +16 Intimidate, +13 Diplomacy, +13 Bluff

"That will do. Krovax, here is your costume. We go into the kitchens under the guise of being led by Krovax the page. Ezra and Opal will be playing the parts of our prisoners. The harolot who killed the guard Wesley, and her demonic accomplice, being brought in by a knight errant and his wizardly companion. We have been asked to come in from the side door to avoid being seen. If we are able to make it past the servants, good. If they seem suspicious, we block the doors, Opal casts her spell of silence, and we kill them."


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

Not to be overly particular, but... I have taken great pains to keep my face and nature hidden. I don't feel the need to have it exposed now. I can march behind Opal, just don't announce who or what I am, thank you.


HP 33/72, AC 23, Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +8, Corruption 4/6, Smite 2/2 Scabbard 1/1, Pearl 1/1 +16 Intimidate, +13 Diplomacy, +13 Bluff

"Of course not. If asked we will simply claim Opal is some kind of witch trafficking with devils. Mordicai will use some kind of minor magic to appear to have Bound you or some such. They will stare of course, but that will only aid the credibility of our claims."


Female Human Sorceress / 11

"Just motion to your ear if you want me to cast silence upon anyone."

Opal pulls back the hood from her cloak and casts Prestidigitation upon herself to clean all the dirt off.

"I'll just try to make myself as obvious as possible so they don't notice you Ezra."


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Mordecai opens his pack and pulls out his armour, donning it. "Hopefully my wearing armour will aid in the ruse- it may make me look more official."


Ah, the campaigner reveals himself at last. I was starting to worry.

Krovax smirks as he slips the tabard over his armor and removes his helm.

"A bit of subterfuge eh? Not my speciality, but I think I can fool some servants. What about the body? Opal, could you tend to the blood splatter on the walls as well?"


Female Human Sorceress / 11

Opal will use more castings of Prestidigitation to clean up anything needed.


HP 33/72, AC 23, Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +8, Corruption 4/6, Smite 2/2 Scabbard 1/1, Pearl 1/1 +16 Intimidate, +13 Diplomacy, +13 Bluff

Leon hefts the body and roughly crams it under the desk, then tosses Opal a pair of manacles from his pouch.

"Behind the back where they will be harder to see. Hold them closed but do not lock them."

"Krovax, lead us in when you are ready."


Female Human Sorceress / 11

Opal takes the manacles and does as Leon instructs.


Krovax nods and walks ahead of the group into the kitchen area, speaking as he does so.

"This way, m'lords. Make way, make way, these noble men have captured the woman we've been after. Excuse the mess, sires, under normal circumstances we would not use these doors for guests of your stature."


Krovax dresses as an acolyte of Torag and leads Leon and Mordecai through the kitchen with their "prisoners" in tow. Seeing Krovax's livery the servants do nothing to stop or even question you as you pass through into the hallway beyond. Currently there are two open doors with stairs leading upwards on opposite ends of the hall, many other doors that are closed and one last open door with stairs leading downwards. From what you can see you are in the service hallways which should give you access to most of the temple and keep you away from prying eyes.

Don't you love the rewards for rolling a natural twenty


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

"I vote down"


HP 33/72, AC 23, Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +8, Corruption 4/6, Smite 2/2 Scabbard 1/1, Pearl 1/1 +16 Intimidate, +13 Diplomacy, +13 Bluff

Anyone know anything about the church of Torag that might give us some insight? I'm betting down is probably right, but it would be nice to back that up by a Knowledge check


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Mordecai scratches his goatee and attempts to remember the tenets and practices and history of the Church of Torag.

K. Religion:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32


http://www.pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Torag
with that roll you basically know it all

if anyone has knowledge engineering that would give you tips on the possible layout of the temple


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Does my roll gain me everything on that page, or do I need to have K. Engineering to know the bit about 'temples and shrines'?


you know it all but if you get a good knowledge engineering roll I'll give you additional tips


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

"Where was he in the last temple, did Wesley mention? Military types follow protocol, so it is likely he is being held where he was held by Wesley in the last temple."


Westley didn't know where they were holding him in Abadar's temple. He was responsible for guarding the entrance and an extra body during the move.


HP 33/72, AC 23, Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +8, Corruption 4/6, Smite 2/2 Scabbard 1/1, Pearl 1/1 +16 Intimidate, +13 Diplomacy, +13 Bluff

Leon looks at Krovax. "Down. That is where I would put him if I were protecting him. We will follow you."


"I was thinking the same thing."

Krovax continues the charade anytime someone from the temple is around, and continues leading the group down the stairwell.

201 to 250 of 973 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Damned Reborn In Character / Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.