Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


The Damned Reborn (Inactive)

Game Master Aiunder

The mere mention of your name brings fear to commoners and even nobles in their walled and guarded manors are nervous when your name is heard.
Well that was true until you died.


101 to 150 of 973 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

ARC, I had already developed an escape plan. Why I wanted a room over the alley. To resummarize, in the morning, I intend to summon Dreadmaul in the room, cast Invisibility on both he and the guard, and let him fly the guards body down to the wagon where one of us will be waiting to take the guard out of town underneath the blankets. If he isn't able to at his current size, I can enlarge him.


HP 33/72, AC 23, Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +8, Corruption 4/6, Smite 2/2 Scabbard 1/1, Pearl 1/1 +16 Intimidate, +13 Diplomacy, +13 Bluff

Diplomacy for Gather Info: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29


Female Human Sorceress / 11

Diplomacy 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26
Bluff 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 26


Late into the night the quiet bar is disrupted by the cacophony of over a dozen guardsmen all entering at once, laughing, cheering and complaining to each other and the world. Many a round is ordered and they settle down to drink away their stress. It doesn't take very long for the guards to notice Opal sitting by herself at the bar and ever less time before some of the guards are egging others on to buy her a drink as she sits there. Feigning shyness at first only gets the guards more interested and soon she is almost dragged over to join them as the centre of attention. Several rounds later you have been told about a dozen or so arrests and far more information about their wives than you ever wanted to know but most importantly the youngest Westley just finished serving "special duty" at the cathedral.

Deciding that Westley is probably your best bet Opal starts showing signs that all the drinks are starting to get to her and she needs "a knightly young man to help to her room" much to the hooting and cheers of Westley's comrades he helps a tipsy and rather clingy Opal up the stairs and into her "private" room.

you have surprise so make it count


HP 33/72, AC 23, Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +8, Corruption 4/6, Smite 2/2 Scabbard 1/1, Pearl 1/1 +16 Intimidate, +13 Diplomacy, +13 Bluff

Leon is in the closet with a blackjack, waiting for Opal's Silence spell.

As soon as she casts it and he is within 5' step range, he steps out and swings

Blackjack, Power Attack, Smite Good: 1d20 + 10 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 10 + 4 - 2 = 32

Subdual Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 4 + 6 = 18

Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 10 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 4 - 2 = 22

Crit damage: 1d6 + 4 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 4 + 6 = 16

34 Subdual damage. Lights out, Westley.


Should Leon's attack fail to knock him out, Krovax springs out from behind the door and attempts to grapple him.

Grapple: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


Female Human Sorceress / 11

Opal begins unlacing her bodice before the door is even shut to ensure that young Westley's eyes are on her and that he won't notice her comrades laying in wait. As soon as the door to the room is shut, Opal casts Silence to ensure any cries for help will go unheard.


Walking slowly up the stairs trying his best to keeps his eyes on where he's going rather than Opal but failing miserably. He keeps tripping on the stairs as he tries to help her to her room, much to the amusement of his friends below. At the top of the stairs he is mesmerized as Opals delicate hands work the laces of her dress. Stopping to slip her key into the lock Opal turns the latch and backs in beckoning with a singling finger and a wry smile upon her lips.
As Opal begins to cast her spell his distracted look slowly turns to fear her spell is complete and his cry is cut off before he could begin and he doesnt hear Leon open the door to the closet as the sap falls. He slumps to the floor with an unheard "why?" escaping his lips.

Over the course of the night you each work together to keep Westley quiet while you wait for the dawn.

When dawn finally arrives you are each tired as Westley is loaded unceremoniously into the wagon and tucked under Krovax's blanket. Quickly riding to the entrance of the city hoping to leave before the young guard's disappearance is noticed. Despite many close calls on your ride and almost getting caught by a guard wanting to check your supplies for contraband you manage to leave the city behind and meet up with Ezra who leads you to the now abandoned farm.

Lemme know what your doing to the guard and what questions your asking.


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

Once the guard is safely bound inside the house, Ezra will start a fire on the stove, placing a bot over the heat, she begins rummaging around for some sort of oil. As she rummages through the home, she points out the day old corpses near the front of the house, covered in welts, and bruises, and horribly warped from the waters of lamashtu, "Don't worry, you will not be joining them for a while. Don't worry, the oil is just to cauterize the wounds you will be receiving shortly. With luck it might keep you alive long enough to answer all the questions we have for you. Most likely you will be begging to be killed. I am not sure though, sometimes you humans are tougher than you look. At any rate, if you do end up begging, we might grant your request as long as we are certain you are being honest."

Once done with her task at the stove, Ezra begins setting small vials on the table next to the bound guard. Once done continues, "These are full of the Waters of Lamashtu. Do you know what that is?" Clapping giddily, like a school girl Ezra blurts out, "Let me show you!"

Ezra skips out the door and is gone for a short while before returning, dragging the twisted remains of the young girl into the room. She drops the corpse in the lap of the guard, "the bites and all that are from the swarm of scorpions. How do you feel about scorpions by the way? Anyhow, the twisting, dislocation, and these large lumpy spots are caused by this water. Hard to believe, eh? Don't worry. You will see first hand soon enough."

"Well, I should leave you with the person who will be torturing you. I am just the one who gets to play with you when you are done and keep you alive while he does his thing."

Winking at the rest of the group on her way out to take a nap Ezra adds, "Do try pouring water in the wounds before you cauterize them, it is amazing to watch. If he passes out, wake me up, and I will heal him so you can continue."

"I do hope you fail to give them the information we seek, and that you survive. I would hate to miss out on playtime."

With that, Ezra slips out and heads to the barn to relax and sleep a while.
Day's spell list updated on character sheet.


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)
DM - ARC wrote:
Ezra, you're positively devilish!

You said it was an evil campaign, I am just earning my alignment / race...


HP 33/72, AC 23, Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +8, Corruption 4/6, Smite 2/2 Scabbard 1/1, Pearl 1/1 +16 Intimidate, +13 Diplomacy, +13 Bluff

Eyeing the bodies distastefully as they secure the prisoner inside the house, Leon shakes his head and covers them with a blanket after Ezra skips out.

"She seems to have been quite busy." he says to no one in particular.


As soon as the group has secured the guard in the house, Krovax summons Dreadmaul to his side. He makes it a point to speak to the guard just before their interrogations begin.

"I am certain you have a lot of questions, but I warn you, do not waste our time asking them. You are here to answer our questions, and that alone. If you do not comply...well, that is not an option. You will comply, in time. But how difficult this is, is up to you.

He then turns and leaves Toval to his work. He passes by Mordecai on his way out of the house, "Seems you will have your body soon enough."

Krovax spends the rest of the time outside on watch. As he walks near Leon, he responds, "Indeed she has. I do not know any of these others here, but I know of you, Sir Blackmane. I trust that you are interested in keeping this lot in some sort of order, as if we let them get distracted or out of hand, it will only hinder our ability to repay our debt and return to our own endeavors."

Krovax will have adorned his armor and weapon prior to leaving the house.


HP 33/72, AC 23, Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +8, Corruption 4/6, Smite 2/2 Scabbard 1/1, Pearl 1/1 +16 Intimidate, +13 Diplomacy, +13 Bluff

"Indeed." Leon says with a nod. "I worry antics such as this will draw attention. We will see how this plays out before deciding what precautions need to be taken in the future."

After taking a tour of the house Leon sets himself near the back door, keeping an eye out the window.

Mordecai seemed competent, and Opal had proven herself quite capable in certain regards. The two of them could undoubtedly handle the interrogation.


got a family issue tonight so I'll update tomorrow


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

The others having completed their part in the beginning of the interrogation, Mordecai walks over to their captive and calmly does his part.

He sits down on a chair and gives a cold smile. "Greetings. My name is Mordecai Shrykeson, former lord of the principality of Ravenmore. Like my comrades here, I want answers from you; and, like them, I do not particularly care about the state of your mortal shell." Seemingly absent-mindedly, Mordecai reaches into his backpack and pulls out a small book, fiddling with the cover with his fingers as he talks. "Unlike those two comrades, however, I am not a fighter, nor a succubus. I am a scholar. The rigours of battle and the bloody grimness of torture, I regard as a distasteful, but necessary action. If not one I personally involve myself in. I prefer more... interesting methods.

Mordecai opens his book, flips to a page, and reverse it, showing the guard a beautifully drawn cut-away diagram of the human body. "I realize that most guards are not traditionally great admirers of literary pursuits, so I will enlighten you and inform you that this is what the human body resembles. Beneath the murky layers of hair and skin and muscle, the ivory-white purity of the bone. It is a construction I have always found fascinating... the brain, exerting its role as ruler of the body, creating strict laws- fail me, muscles, and we shall be hurt. Break, bones, and we shall fall. Through maintaining order, the brain commands, and the body survives."

Mordecai gently drags his fingernails along the drawn lines of the ribs. "My question to you is one that I pondered to distract myself whilst I was burning amidst the fiery pits of hell, magma and demons clawing at my skin. What happens when that order fails? What happens when another part of the body decides to take charge? As a lawyer and a lord, I know that the theoretical result is chaos, anarchy, and death. However, the scholar in me seeks... material evidence. Evidence which, I do believe, you may possibly grant." Mordecai's smile becomes even more frigid, but still terrifyingly genuine.

"In addition to being a scholar and a lawyer and a lord, I am also a wielder of magic. Specifically, the magics of life and unlife- 'necromancy', I believe it is referred to by the peasants. Over my years I have studied and perfected several spells which aid me in raising dead flesh and sending it against the living. Should you fail to answer our questions, I intend to examine what the effects would be of using my magics to animate your skeleton. While you are still alive. I am quite curious as to what the result will be. Will you merely become a fleshy puppet, muscles tearing, blood vessels shrieking as your skeleton contorts and turns according to my whims? Or will your skeleton shrug off its skin like disrobing a coat? What will be the reaction of a brain whose skeleton has begun to dance to another tune? Perhaps it will explode out of your bodily coverings in a geyser of blood and gore, which I fear may do terminal damage to the aesthetic qualities of the wood panelling in this building. This is, however, a risk I am willing to take."

Mordecai gives a reassuring nod, pats the young guard on the shoulder and stands up, walking over to Toval. "Do try to avoid breaking any bones? I would be most grateful." Just as calm as when he entered, he leaves the house.

Intimidate:1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 34


Female Human Sorceress / 11

After Mordecai leaves, Opal finishes preparing the young guard for the upcoming torture session by cutting away all of his clothing, leaving nothing on him but his bindings. "Now, there's no need to be shy or anything. As I recall, you could hardly wait to get undressed in front of me last night. Anyway, all these layers of clothing make it rather difficult to judge how deep to make the cuts and we want to avoid killing you by accident."

When done with that task, Opal goes about making sure that Toval's implements of torture are laid out nice and neat on a small table.


"Please! I'll tell you whatever you want to know just don't hurt me." the guard cries.
Toral pauses his preparations and moves to where the guard can see his face. "I don't doubt that you'll tell me what we want to know, but the problem is there is no other way for me to ensure that what escapes your lips is the truth and most importantly that you tell me ALL of it."

MATURE - read at own risk:

Toral hands move deftly and with precision like a maestro performing a masterpiece. For hours the cabin and the farm surrounding it are blanketed in the guard's cries and screams. The remains of the guard look more like an autopsy than any form of surgery as organs and bones all sit neatly in ordered rows from largest to smallest and from most vital to least.

Finally exhausted and depleted of all magical power both Toral and Opal step out into the fresh air to discuss their findings with their accomplices.

"Well that was informative, the man we seek is being moved from temple to temple each week. The boy didn't know why and believe me when I say I was thorough. He is currently in the temple of Abadar under guard and locked away in one of their vaults which are protected from any form of teleportation and scrying magic. Its a boon to us though because they will not know he's gone until its too late if were careful and avoid notice. There are also very few of Abadar's Templars and Paladins currently, for whatever reason they have left the majority of the protection to the city guard. I'm afraid the boy didn't really know any more than that, but at least I was able to try out a few new techniques. Oh and Mordecai I believe you wanted the remains, you'll find them already sorted and categorized for you. I am nothing if not thorough."

sorry for the delay family issue because family emergency.


HP 33/72, AC 23, Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +8, Corruption 4/6, Smite 2/2 Scabbard 1/1, Pearl 1/1 +16 Intimidate, +13 Diplomacy, +13 Bluff

Hope everything is better now.

Sir Leon had walked in on Toral's ministrations about half way through to put a kettle on the fire. He'd ignored the horrors happening, poured himself a steaming cup and walked out again to rummage the larder for tea before going back to his place at the rear window in the kitchen.

By the time it was over he had dinner made for everyone.

"It isn't extravagant, but they did have a healthy stock of vegetables and a sizable chunk of salted pork." he said setting a stewpot down on the gore spattered table.

"As soon as the mess is clean and the table is set we can eat."


Krovax seats himself at the table, the fiery form of Dreadmaul seating itself at his side on the floor. He waits until all the others begin eating before he himself takes a bite. He is quiet during the meal, milling through the thoughts in his head.

Abadar. Fitting, given the pride in security the clergy holds. Even so, that will make this a bit more difficult. Traveling through the city, removing the guards at the temple, finding our targets, and getting them out of the city, all without being detected...a tricky task. If I had more forces under my command this would be far simpler.

"True, Mortal, but neither of us are what we once were, now are we? The sooner we come to terms with that fact, the sooner we get this done."

After finishing off a slab of the salted pork, Krovax speaks his mind.

"Well, as expected, this will be the more difficult task. We have two options here that I can see. Firstly, we attempt to slip into the Temple, and quickly and quietly isolate and eliminate guards until we can find the man and items we seek, then escape into the city. Or, we attempt to sack them on the move between sites. The latter is perhaps the less risky, but the first is perhaps the least expected...and more profitable..."


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

"Hmm..."

Presiding over an old rocking chair, Mordecai sits quietly in thought, after nodding a quick thanks to Sir Leon.

He raises his head and says, "Some time ago when I was examining the possibility of constructing a stronghold, I researched teleportation and means of foiling it. There are several spells for both, but I discovered that virtually all spells for warding against teleporters are very high magic indeed. Any who can cast at such a high level will be able, I am certain, to stomp us so hard into the earth we will shift back to that plane of hell which we escaped. Thus I must suggest we avoid the 'direct' approach as much as possible."

"Additionally, no matter what we plan, we should have a method of escape. In a city this large it should not be difficult to produce a scroll of teleportation. Such a spell is not one I can cast, but one of you may be proficient in its magics. Should we come under grievous trouble, it will be good to have an exit."


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

"The scales we are oppertaing on are beyond the norm for me, so I will accept your judgment. I do wish you would have let me say good bye to the guard though. My thought is to make their magic work for us. I mean, if it can not be scried, and can not be teleported to, should we not just enter as stealthily as possible? Once we are there, they also will not be able to scry and teleport. . . I can make myself invisible, as well as a couple others. When do they offer services at the temple?"

Ezra takes a sip of water from her waterskin, then remembers. "Oh, and eat nothing you find inside this home. It is not exactly safe. Don't drink anything either. So where was I? Oh yes. So it is a temple. I assume they have services, or are open for the faithful to enter and pray? We should enter, preferably while the temple is busy, and once inside, some or all of us can use invisibility to get to the target. The tough part will be to kill the guards quickly and quietly. None can escape. I am assuming that the scrying magics being suppressed will make our assault easier, once we are there. After all, they will not be able to spy on us."


HP 33/72, AC 23, Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +8, Corruption 4/6, Smite 2/2 Scabbard 1/1, Pearl 1/1 +16 Intimidate, +13 Diplomacy, +13 Bluff

Leon stops with his spoon half way to his mouth and then sets it down.

"Why don't you explain exactly what you mean by not exactly safe."


"I would be able to work the magics of teleportation with a proper scroll. But, as Ezra said, their wards do give us some benefit in our assault, and the information we have is that many of the temple's own guards are not present."

Casually pushing the plate away at Ezra's warning, he continues, "And as we've already seen, I can make us unseen to normal sight as well. For either attack, however, we put ourselves at risk. If such is the case, I know what my preference would be, but I would like others opinions..." he concludes his statement glancing to both Leon and Toral.


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

"Well, it depends on what you cooked with. Their food had a gift from Lamashtu in it. What is in your food, well I have no idea. It was what made them sick. You all are of hardier stock though, I am sure it will be fine."


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Ignoring Leon's start at Ezra's word, Mordecai strokes his beard and leans back against his chair.

"Perhaps we are looking at the wrong target. The temple of Abadar is doubtless an incredibly well-guarded fortress, with locks and guards, many of whom may be spellcasters. Should we instead examine the possibility of an ambush whilst he is being moved between temples? There would be several advantages to this. Firstly, to the best of my knowledge all spells against teleportation would not work on a moving cart. Thus we could grab him, cast our teleport spell and escape easily. Secondly, I would guess that our talents are more suited to distraction and a quick assault rather than stealth. Were you able to find any information about how he is being moved? If it is by teleportation then my idea is unfruitful but if it is by more mundane means it may be our best chance..."


Female Human Sorceress / 11

Late to the table since she had been cleaning up after Torval's interrogation, Opal puts down the plate that she had just picked up and just sits down at the table.

"I rather like Mordecai's idea for an ambush rather than an assault upon the temple. I know that my talents are definitely more suited to distraction rather than brute force."


HP 33/72, AC 23, Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +8, Corruption 4/6, Smite 2/2 Scabbard 1/1, Pearl 1/1 +16 Intimidate, +13 Diplomacy, +13 Bluff

"You poisoned the food supplies of the home you knew we were going to be working inside of, and then decided to wait to tell us until after we'd been here for hours, during dinner?"

Leon pushes his plate away and stands.

"I would be impressed if I was not convinced that this was the fault of thoughtless action rather than any kind of deviousness."


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

"It was neither, honestly, simply laziness." Ezra shrugs as she continues to snack on her rations, taking another sip of water.

"Deviousness is really not my thing. After you are all done with your meals, perhaps we should inventory our new home. Perhaps there are things of value for our future endeavors."

"And as for distractions, do keep in mind that you all were in an inn which happened to be full of guards, complete strangers, sharing a room, with Opal, on the night the guard disappeared. The city is now dangerous for you all. Especially you, dear Opal. You are not altogether unforgettable. I am sure more than a couple guards paid attention to you, the last woman the guard was seen with. If I had to guess, any investigation will begin with you. I trust you all cleaned up the room? Blood, a beautiful girl, and a hand full of warriors who mysteriously appeared and disappeared from the self same inn where the guard who happened to be watching our target. A high enough priority target that we were all raised from the dead to allow our new lord access to this world. We were all tasked with retrieving him by a lord who's mere presence on this world would alert every holy man for leagues and leagues. On top of that, several temples in the city have taken to trying to keep this target safe. Coupled with all of that, those in the city know full well, by now, that their guard has gone missing, and what he was guarding. . . They have magics capable of preventing teleportation, and scrying. I dare say I would be shocked and amazed if they were not scrying us now. There sits the remains of the guard. They can target us easily enough just with that. All this taken together might have put all of you on the watch's list. By now I may well be on the self same list. But then again, I am lazy and careless, so I could be wrong. Right? Nah. You intended it all as a devious ambush for .... ?" Ezra stands up, and dusts herself off before heading back out into the night, pulling her cloak and hood tighter around herself as she does so. At least one of us has the sense to hide her face.

"Sleep well, the enemy will most likely be here by morning, if they have any sense...

"But, I suppose we can all head to town again and hang out to see what happens, if subtlety is not our thing."

Having rested all day while the guard was being interviewed, Ezra returns to her perch utop the barn to keep watch with her beloved familiar.

"Rest well Khizan, I fear tomorrow will be interesting at best."

@Arc:

Memorizing:
3 (3/day) Summon Monster III (x3)
2 (5/day) Invisibility (x3), Glitterdust (x2)
1 (5/day) Mage Armor (x2), Cure Light Wounds (DC 17) (x3)
0 (at will) Bleed (DC 16), Detect Magic, Guidance, Message
for today.

casting Extended Mage Armor (Using one of three uses of the Rod for today...
Hexing self with Fly.
Attempting to stealth on roof, leaving roll to you so I don't know how well I hid.


HP 33/72, AC 23, Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +8, Corruption 4/6, Smite 2/2 Scabbard 1/1, Pearl 1/1 +16 Intimidate, +13 Diplomacy, +13 Bluff

Leon rolls his eyes as the cloven-hooved woman left the room.

"So mellowdramatic. A young, intoxicated guard leaves with a beautiful woman and fails to report for duty in the morning? You think foul play will be the first conclusion they jump to? A handful of strangers purchase different rooms, and check out in the morning? Sounds terribly abnormal. Definitely the kind of thing that would warrant the use of powerful and expensive magics before conducting a simple manhunt."

"Every time that woman says or does anything, I get the distinct impression that she has no idea how the world actually works."


Watching the argument between Leon and Ezra silently, he casts an "I told you so" glance towards Leon before speaking.

"As I said, an ambush while they are on the move would indeed be safer."


Female Human Sorceress / 11

"Are we aiming for mass panic and confusion during the ambush or a quiet, precise strike with a stealthy get away?"

"Also, would anyone like to go out and kill something for some dinner that we can actually eat?"


HP 33/72, AC 23, Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +8, Corruption 4/6, Smite 2/2 Scabbard 1/1, Pearl 1/1 +16 Intimidate, +13 Diplomacy, +13 Bluff

Leon grunts and walks outside. A few minutes later he comes back with a pair of dead chickens and a bucket of water from the well.

"I already cooked one meal tonight. It is someone else's turn."

Slapping the dead birds down on the counter, Leon went back to the window and lost himself in sharpening his sword. He seemed in a foul mood.


Female Human Sorceress / 11

Opal checks the garden for anything ripe enough to pick and then returns to the kitchen to fix some dinner that (hopefully) isn't likely to make anyone sick.


After a small meal of chicken and fresh fruits and vegetables from the garden you all find your own way of dealing with the stress of the situation that now confronts you before slipping off into a fitful and troubling sleep.

You each find yourselves sitting on a far too familiar beach with a far too familiar view in the sky but this time you're alone, there are no spectral bodies sharing the beach with you and unlike last time your bodies/souls or whatever you are here doesn't feel weak.

Ezra:

Your body feels very strange right now. You have a tingling sensation running all across you back and down your tail. When you think about your tail and turn your head to look at it, it moves with far more fluid grace and ease than your used to. Moving it about it feels more a part of you than ever before, almost like a third hand. You also realize that it is much longer and stronger than before. Following the tail upwards you realize why, this isn't your body. The body you're looking at, the body you're in belongs to a Succubus. "Do you like it?" comes a voice from behind you and farther up the beach. "I've been watching your progress with interest Ezra. That mind of yours is truly devious and cunning, but you know what I like best?" walking down the beach is an inhumanly hansome man with similar features to your own. An Incubus "What I like best is that you temper it with restraint and caution. After all what good is being evil if you get caught? You're right by the way, they are trying to scry on you at this very moment, too bad for them but stopping them from detecting you is child's play for me." He continues walking past you further up the beach and just when he is almost out of earshot, "Oh yes, the Idol is on the move so you had best hurry." with that you awaken atop the barn back in your own body.

Mordecai:

"Welcome back Magistrate, how are your studies going?" turning around an imperious looking man in armour stands near the top of the beach addressing you. His garb and the way he stands immediately make you think of one of Cheliax's Hellknights. " it would appear that things are not quite going as planned. Do you know why you were picked from the countless souls falling away before you?" the man points upwards to the countless dots racing towards the abyss. "In your life you showed remarkable talent in establishing and maintaining order. Use that with them, keep them from moving about haphazardly and council them. If you cannot keep these people from tearing themselves apart then how do you plan on exerting your order on a grander scale?" you awaken to those words stop, echoing in your head.

Opal:

"Opal, Opal, Opal, do you like the way you are my dear?" standing a short distance away is an inhumanly beautiful man with large metallic wings, "Here look at yourself." Your find yourself in chains, manacles across your feet and holding your hands as well as a slaves collar around your throat, "He is holding you back, you know it and he knows it. He is afraid of what your truly capable of and because of that he keeps it locked away inside you. Do you want to be his slave forever or do you want to see what you can be?" in his other wing you can see Toral holding the other ends of your chains trying to hide the fear evident upon his face. That face is haunts you when you wake up.

Krovax:

You can feel your link to Dreadmaul as if from a great distance and the one sensation that that link gives you is a sensation of utter fear. Behind you fool! turning about you can see arrayed at the edge of the beach an army of heads resting upon pikes. The image extends as far as you can see. Staring at all of those lifeless heads with lifeless eyes all arranged as if they were staring straight at you, you almost miss the man standing off to the right. "Look well Krovax, for these are the men and women who saw themselves as conquerors and warlords since the beginning of your time. Do you want to join them?" he pauses indicating a few heads nearby, the heads of several of your lieutenants. "I picked you for a reason Krovax, unlike these fools you have the potential and the drive to win... With help. Help that I can provide if you are successful."

Leon:

In the distance you can hear the orderly marching of a vast army. So much marching that you fail to notice the sounds of someone walking up behind you until its too late. You spin around and instead of a single person like the footsteps hinted at you find yourself staring up the beach at an army without number of demons, all arrayed in disciplined groups and standing at attention. To your left stands an armoured and winged humanoid demon and behind him stands a mighty banner that matches the swirling vortex above you. "Blackmane, does this bring back memories? A long time ago you help lead an army such as this. And you could again."[b] The world shimmers and instead of the beach, you find yourself in a dreary and plague ridden forest, alone with the demon. [b]"Your first master wants free so badly he traded me your soul for my help. Is your Tyrant really worthy of your devotion? I on the other hand can see your soul's true value. Think about that when the time comes." you awaken in the bed again with your blankets wrapped around your hands and feet like chains.


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

Ezra jumps down from the barn roof, giving her wings and tail a good, long stretch as she falls slowly to the ground. (Featherfall from Flight Hex). Someday, I will have that form for real, not just in my dreams... Walking calmly into the house, Ezra announces loudly, "The Idol is on the move, and yes, we are being scried upon. A friend is stopping their magics for now.. I have no idea how long it will last, so unless you really do wish to be caught, I suggest we move. Now." Having gathered all the lamps, lamp oil, and cooking oils, and candles on her pass through the house as she makes her announcement, Ezra heads out. As she walks out of the home, more quietly, she mutters "You can lead a horse to water . . . . Meh."

Throwing the unlit lamps and flasks of oil to break on the roof of the house, she calls back over her shoulder, "Oh, and bringing "mementos" of dear Wesley with us will only grant them a more accurate target for scrying...Not that it will matter if you failed to clean up that room at the inn... And before I forget, as soon as that oil hits the fire, this house will be gone in moments." as she makes her way back to the barn, her tail moves constantly, stowing candles inside her pack.

Khizan's mind intrudes on Ezra's thoughts, You should have opened with I told you so.

Ezra burst out in a hellish cackle, or perhaps laughter, as she crosses the barn yard.

Ezra returns to the roof, waiting patiently for her allies to emerge. Thank you, my incubus, until we meet again... and thank you Khizan, I needed a laugh.

Stretching languidly on the roof, Ezra again attempts to hide herself, keeping an eye on the house. Again if necessary, I will leave the rolls to you. Her long tail snakes its way into the pack, fetching the rest of this days rations, Ezra enjoys her midnight snack while she re shuffles her vials, checking they are all properly stored in the haversack. I hate waiting. once she is satisfied she is ready for what lies ahead, Ezra double checks her cloak and hood, making sure her face is well concealed in case her incubus fail. Not that I don't have faith in you... Dying once for indiscretion is more than enough. Ezra then fetches a couple of candles and places them in the hay inside the hayloft, and lights them. Descending back to the main floor of the barn, she again places candles throughout the hay in the mangers, and lights them as well. Well, I guess in about five minutes my lovely perch will be gone. Until then... Ezra returns to the roof of the barn to hide yet again.


HP 33/72, AC 23, Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +8, Corruption 4/6, Smite 2/2 Scabbard 1/1, Pearl 1/1 +16 Intimidate, +13 Diplomacy, +13 Bluff

Leon grits his teeth, takes a deep breath, untangles his blankets and defiantly goes back to sleep.


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Mordecai awakes, the voice still ringing in his ears. Grimly, he thinks back in response, "I impose my own order, voice. I will not be the agent of yours."

Listening to Ezra's words and showing no reaction, he gives a small sigh of regret and replaces the carefully scrubbed bones in the middle of the house to be burnt to ashes, washing his hands to remove all material.


Krovax wakes with a start as Ezra makes her loud announcement. At first he seems quite angry, and about to return to sleep, but as she mentions the house, he stands up and gathers his things.

The entirety of her words finally sinking in, he says, "Everyone up then, if our target is being moved our choice has been made for us. We need to go now."


M Human Undead Lord Cleric/Agent of the Grave

Mordecai frowns and nods. "We do. I do not know how far apart the various temples are, but I would suggest it will not be travelling for long. What is the quickest way for us to find out where our target is and where he is going? Do we snatch another guard and interrogate again, though with a much less lengthy interrogation? Or should we attempt a brief infiltration?"


Female Human Sorceress / 11

Opal awakens with a start, one hand going up to throat, feeling for a collar that isn't there. I've never seen him look at me like that before.

Any introspection is interrupted, first by Ezra's cackles and then Krovax and Mordecai's discussions. "If they know we've already snatched one guard, it will be much harder to take another one. Perhaps we should find a way to figure out what temple has recently had its security increased? There are always beggars asking for alms outside of every temple, ignored by most folk, perhaps they bear questioning? No one will miss a few of those. Then if that does no good take some acolytes."

As she gathers her things up, Opal also takes some clothing from the previous occupants in case it could be useful later for a disguise.


While those of you in the house either go back to sleep or begin collecting your supplies you begin to smell smoke and then see an orange glow coming from outside.

The barn is on fire, smoke trailing of into the night and orange flames licking at the nearby structures. The house is far enough away that it will probably not catch fire.

It is currently about two hours until dawn.


HP 33/72, AC 23, Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +8, Corruption 4/6, Smite 2/2 Scabbard 1/1, Pearl 1/1 +16 Intimidate, +13 Diplomacy, +13 Bluff

Leon looks at the barn out the window, pulls on his shirt and armored coat, picks up his sword belt and walks into the common room.

"Fire. We're about to have company. On the other hand, burning this place down would be a convenient way of disposing of the bodies. Perhaps we should light a second fire and take our leave?"


"I believe our demonic friend already has started that process, Sir Blackmane," Krovax says as he fastens the last buckle of his breastplate and carries his remaining gear out the front door calmly.

Once in the front yard, he places his cloak about his shoulders, buckling it in the front, and places his helm under his left arm, carrying his flail in the right. He then goes to,check the wagon and horses.


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

As the rest of the party removes to the yard outside the house, Ezra picks up a burning shingle from the roof, and with a running start, her vestigial wings, and featherfall, makes a running leap from the barn roof, gliding to the roof of the house. Dropping the burning wood onto the oil soaked roof, she calmly steps off the edge of the house.

"As long as you have not removed my dear friends from their home, which by the way would have been rude, I believe our tracks should be reasonably covered." Ezra begins walking to the woods at the edge of the farmstead to fetch her horse. "But the neighbors will likely be here soon to help put out the fires. I recommend we be gone as soon as possible. The poor family must have knocked over a lamp as they slept, and all were lost. It happens. Shall we?" Gesturing to the wagon, "If you think we need it, keep it, otherwise, shove it closer to the house I suppose. I will be back as soon as I have recovered my horse."

Mounting up, Ezra hastily returns to the group.


HP 33/72, AC 23, Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +8, Corruption 4/6, Smite 2/2 Scabbard 1/1, Pearl 1/1 +16 Intimidate, +13 Diplomacy, +13 Bluff

Leon walks close to the flames and whistles. A moment later a massive armored horse trots out of the burning building. Leon pats the fiery-eyed thing's neck.

"Good to see you again old friend."

With practiced ease, he mounts up and rides next to Ezra. For a moment he gives her an expressionless look, then nods and says "Good idea."


So where are you headed and what do you wanna do?

If you wanna use your skills to perhaps get a clue or gather information feel free to roll and I'll let you know what happens


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

"Rather than attempt another kidnapping and torture session, I propose a quick, cheap, modest, and inconspicuous interrogation technique. It will alert us as to who among you may be wanted, and will get the information we need. Each of us will buy a couple gold's worth of bread... We hand it out to the beggars in front of the temples If security chases us off we have our temple. Otherwise, just listen to the gossip once we have a crowd. They will likely mention the secured temples. If they don't, just wait. When we find a chatty beggar, and believe me we will find one, just mention that security at the temples is ridiculous in this city, the other temple wouldn't even let us hand out bread to the beggars today. The chatty one will probably say something something like "Yeah, we were kicked out of Arshea's temple today, too." We will have our information without even trying. No one will pay attention to a group of cloaked do gooders feeding he poor. They may notice the group abducting the beggar. We can go from there.."

Thinking a moment, Ezra reflects on her limited knowledge of history. History: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26 I believe I should be able to recall the following, feel free to edit me if I am incorrect."Cavaliers of the Order of the Sword are amazingly vague, as I recall. You can pretend to be one, showing your power through charity. Just act aloof. . . and require the rest of us, your retainers, to do the handing out of bread. Oh, and look as shiny as possible. The fiercely unnatural eidolon should remain outside."

Bread= 2cp/loaf. => 5/silver => 50/gold. . . Meat = 3sp/chunk => 3/gp. Cheese = 1sp/hunk => 10/gp. 10gp = 50 loaves of bread, (1gp) 21 meat (7gp) 20 cheese (1gp). A little meat, a little cheese, on half a loaf of bread = 100 sandwiches! That is a LOT of beggars...


Male Dragon Eidolon (Current HP: 31 | Current AC: 26 | Fort: +5, Ref +7, Will +1)

Dreadmaul turns to Ezra and growls, then says, "Do not think me a fool, demon-child! I know the fear my appearance brings, both now and before his death."

He then turns to Krovax, and continues, "Try not to die while out of my presence, AGAIN, Conquerer..."

The rune on both his and Krovax's brows flare a bright green light, then the dragon is gone.


Krovax looks at Ezra and shrugs, "Dragons."

He then hops onto the wagon and takes the reigns, "Remember, this wagon and it's horses are borrowed, so I intend to return them. As for your plan, it seems both sound and efficient. Let us get it into action quickly."

If we make it into town without hassle, Diplomacy check to gather information as described: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21


HP: 10/10 | AC 15/10/14 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2; +2 vs. illusions, death, and fear | Init -1 | Perception +1 (auto fail hearing)

"you know, he could have just hidden in the woods outside the gate, much as I did night before last... but either way...."
I am assuming whoever has the shiniest armor is the cavalier, Aid Other diplomacy check 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15 = +2 to whoever's diplomacy...

101 to 150 of 973 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Damned Reborn In Character / Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.