Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

The Broken Age

Game Master Vinsomner

World Map: Kalinthros

Current Region Map

Current Map

Inventory
Discord Channel

Caravan Moral: +1
Caravan Food Supply: 10 days
Caravan Strength: -10
Caravan Survivors: 513


2,051 to 2,100 of 2,142 << first < prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | next > last >>

Female Elf Inquisitor Trickster 6(1) HP: 58/58 | AC:15 T: 14 FF: 12 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +5 | Will: +8 | Perception: +12 Initiative: +6 (Low Light Vision, Darkvision) | Lucky Number: 9

Tsakua, does she actually know you?


M Half-Orc Brawler 6 (Shield Champion) / HP(88/88) / AC 22 T14 FF 18 / Saves F+8 R+9 W+3/ CMB +11 CMD 24/ Init +4
Jasmine Almandine wrote:
Tsakua, does she actually know you?

I brought this up in the Discord Channel. The consensus that I got (and the GM can weigh in as he wants) is that we at least recognize and know of each other, have seen each other around the caravan and such before it left to the desert. How well we know each other is something I can adapt to.

edit: i added the reasons for why Tsakua has been absent to the discussion page.


Male Speaker Oracle (Intrigue) ((Trickster)) (6(1)) HP: 64 | AC: 12 T: 12 FF: 10 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +4 | Will: +6 | Perception: +15 / Passive Initiative: +2, (Darkvision 60')

Caravan/Green:
Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Qahnaarin begins walking toward the oasis.


Female Gnome Oracle 6 / Heirophant 1 HP: 60/60 | AC:18 T: 17 FF: 12 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +2 | Will: +6 | Perception: +2 Initiative: +3

Caravan/Green:
Bree reaches out and attempts to grab at Qahnaarin, tugging feebly at his clothing. "No wait! Stop! Don't go closer." She frets as he is unresponsive to her pleas. She begins to worry if his reaction and Kyarla's reaction are both one and the same as she feels him pull away from her.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Canidae Ranger (Champion) 5 (1) || HP: 70/70 || AC: 16 (T:13 / FF:16) || CMD: 22 || Fort:+6 Refl:+7 Will:+4 || Init:+3 || Perception:+13, low light vision, scent

Green/Caravan:

Will Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

The majestic blade Ikara twisted in his hands as Taalik searched for the source of the voice. It called to him, trying to tempt him back to the water. "Cursed being, come out and face your judgement!"


M Half-Orc Brawler 6 (Shield Champion) / HP(88/88) / AC 22 T14 FF 18 / Saves F+8 R+9 W+3/ CMB +11 CMD 24/ Init +4

Shape:
As Tsakua climbs the dome and looks through the crack, he is relieved to see that there aren't any humans in the dome. Another glance around the exterior of the structure provides suspicions that, if this is a trap, then the enemy isn't outside.

Seeing that the two ladies inside the structure are moving quietly and carefully, however, does trigger some warning bells in the back of Tsakua's mind. With the hairs on the back of his neck standing up, Tsakua maintains his silence and begins examining the room.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


Game Master

Caravan/Green:

A laugh resounded from all around as the spectre appeared hovering over the lake. It’s form shrouded in what appeared to be a haze that clung to its form. It’s body was deceased looking, old and wretched. Some of the refugees began to be pulled towards its will, much like moths to a flame.

It’d turn its head towards Octavian who commanded it to appear. ”I am, Uthiard the Wise, The Ancient, The lifeforce of Old.” His tone was drab, and devoid of any emotion now, lights appeared in its eye sockets, a dull glowing red. ”Your people should know me.” Suddenly the air filled with malice, ”Your people brought my empire to ruin, and now. With these many bodies to feed of off, I may truly finally return… after thousands of years in wait….”

Soft whispers could be heard by those becoming enthralled in his pull, whispers of a sweet release from pains and mortal burdens. Whispers speaking to them to step into the lake, become one with the world.

”Come to me, my compatriots. Give me your strength!”

Everyone who is enthralled may attempt another will save at DC 15 to attempt to break it. If you fail to break it you will be halfway to the lake, unless someone is trying to restrain you.

History Knowledge Check DC 18:

Uthiard the Wise, once ruled over a kingdom in the desert with an iron fist. A wizard magistrate he had complete dominion over his people and armies and commanded a vast majority of the desert. He was ruthless and a tyrant. Or so the stories have labeled him.

He practiced in evil dark magics, extending his natural lifespan unnaturally by weekly sacrifices and ceremonial blood games. His people were enthralled by him, his society was more of a cult with the will of his and his alone then any regular society.

It was said that he began subjecting a new race to the world, fabled blue skinned desert man. But that was his downfall, as the blue ones were resistant to his enthralling attempts and soon he was power was stripped from him and he was cast down from his golden throne. The history is unclear whether it was a fierce battle or clever magics. But Uthiard died in a midst of an incantation of some sort of unholy magick. It was never known what he was attempting to do or if the ritual was complete.


Female Redfang Gnoll Barbarian (Guardian/Champion) (5(1)) HP: 101/101 | AC:18 T: 12 FF: 15 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +5 | Will: +5 (F/W+2 rage) | Perception: +12/Passive Initiative: +3, DV 60', Scent Rage: 23/23; Mythic 7/7; Effects:

Spoiler:
will save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

I blame Qahnaarin! :P


Female Elf Inquisitor Trickster 6(1) HP: 58/58 | AC:15 T: 14 FF: 12 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +5 | Will: +8 | Perception: +12 Initiative: +6 (Low Light Vision, Darkvision) | Lucky Number: 9

Shape:

Perception around room to spot anything including Tsakua: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
Perception on altar (take -5 under the spell shift to check for traps and such: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

Jasmine nods, heading back into the main room with the altar, and proceeds to check the room for traps, also rotating through her innate magical talents to spot alignment based aura's with her detect abilities. Knowing her luck, something else would seal a second exit and leave them even more stuck than they were now. While glancing around the altar, per vision suddenly noted a dark shadow through a crack. Immediately, she draws an arrow and aims it upwards. "I can see you, your shadow appears to be blocking the light high above. Don't move, tell me who you are and why you are here, and I might not be firing this arrow blindly upwards."


Female Gnome Oracle 6 / Heirophant 1 HP: 60/60 | AC:18 T: 17 FF: 12 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +2 | Will: +6 | Perception: +2 Initiative: +3

Caravan/Green:
Knowledge: History: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
O.O I know all the things. First 20 I think i rolled ever in pbp :S
Bree feels a shiver crawl up her spine as cold recollection set in completely. She turned to Octavian, and then back to the undead entity. "Looks like he specifically means you Octavian, although I don't believe that makes any of us any safer with that knowledge. We have to do something before we lose Kyarla and any others." She bit her lip trying to think what she could do for her companions against such strong compulsion magic.


Game Master

oops, forgot to give Tsakua his check results

Tsakua perception:

You see the two non-humans and what appears to be a companion in the room below. The room is round with a rotunda shape to it and columns along the walls supporting the dome ceiling you stand upon. You notice an altar in the center of the room with a small metal box placed upon it.

Jasmine perception:

Checking the room more thoroughly you do not find any traps or immediate danger to you. Though your magical talents began flaring as you inspect the box (without touching it). Something was connected to the box but what you could not tell. Though the alignment of the magic seems to be neutral and not evil.


Summ. 5/Arch 1 | HP: 48/48 | AC: 18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 | Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will: +5 | CMB: +3, CMD: 17 | Init: +4, Perception: +6

Green:
Rather unfortunately, Arion didn't have much in the way of direct offense. The creatures she called could be dangerous, but overall, she tended to be at her best when she was supporting others... which meant, rather than rushing into things, it would be better to let others get started and then work to assist them.


Male Speaker Oracle (Intrigue) ((Trickster)) (6(1)) HP: 64 | AC: 12 T: 12 FF: 10 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +4 | Will: +6 | Perception: +15 / Passive Initiative: +2, (Darkvision 60')

Caravan/Green:

Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Qahnaarin blinks his eyes and looks around, surprised that his position has changed. He books it back toward the caravan. He briefly slows as he sees Kyarla walking in a daze toward the oasis, and raises a hand as though he is about to intervene, but then he recalls his last attempt to help and keeps hurrying toward the party.


Female Half-Orc Brawler (Wild Child) 6 (Champion 1) | HP 87/89 | AC 18, touch 15, FF 13; CMD 25 | Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +4 | Init +3; Perception +11, darkvision 60 ft.

Shape:
Maqli stays near Jasmine, her own eyes moving around the room nervously as the inquisitor moves toward the relic. When the elf speaks out to a presence Maqli hasn't noticed, she crouches down low in response as usual, her hands steadying her on the floor as she casts about. Kalsak prowls nearby, a low rumble in his throat as he sniffs at the still, stale air.


M Half-Orc Brawler 6 (Shield Champion) / HP(88/88) / AC 22 T14 FF 18 / Saves F+8 R+9 W+3/ CMB +11 CMD 24/ Init +4

Shape:
Tsakua lets out an audible chuckle at Jasmine's threat, before assuming a nonchalant tone. "If yer best threat is t'shoot blindly at me, ye'd best consider whether 'r not y'mean t'actually scare a body, lass. 'Tis a mercy fer ye tha' I'm not down there now, 'therwise we'd be havin' a chat 'bout yer manners."

Without giving much space for Jasmine or Maqli to respond, Tsakua continues. "As fer who I am, it's Tsakua th' Chain-Breaker, and I'm here 'cause I've been traipsin 'cross miles o'trees an' hills an' sand tryin' t'catch up wi' my friends. Comin' over a dune, I heard a crash an' knowin' the craftiness o' those tha' pursue me and m' own, I figgered t'make sure it wasn' one o' my friends tha' were caught 'n this dusty hole."

Taking a break to catch his breath, Tsakua follows up with. "Now that I've introduced meself, perhaps ye could the same, along wi' why y'collapsed the door b'hind ye."

Tsakua gives Jasmine a sidelong glance and adds "'Sides, shootin' an arrow at me'd only be a waste. The last three tha' tried could attest t'that, if'n they were still breathin'."


Female Elf Inquisitor Trickster 6(1) HP: 58/58 | AC:15 T: 14 FF: 12 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +5 | Will: +8 | Perception: +12 Initiative: +6 (Low Light Vision, Darkvision) | Lucky Number: 9

Shape:

Jasmine isn't particularly concerned about the newcomer talking up his strength, strong or weak, most of her targets fall all the same. Still though, the stranger was correct, she hasn't yet introduced herself.

"My name is Jasmine Almandine, High Inquisitor of Calistria, and this door collapse was not my doing, but one of the many traps hidden in this room designed to snare the unwary. As for not being there right now, perhaps I can fix that, why don't you stand back, and we can see about meeting each other face to face."

The elf lets the sentence hang in the air for a moment before squatting slightly, examining the ceiling and returning her gaze to the altar and box. She was certain that it wasn't Calistrian in design, but that didn't make it not important to some religious pilgram.

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

"Maqli, I can get us out of here, but I'll need to create a rope harness for your wildlife friend. She won't like it, but its the easiest way."

Jasmine quickly describes her plan, by firing an arrow and turning it into a grappling hook, she can ensure that each of them get lifted out of the building and out of the crack, with Jasmine going last to yank the box out with her as she heads out.

Handy Grapnel vs AC 13: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


Skinwalker (Female) (Inja) (Druid) ((Guardian)) (5(1)) HP: 70/70 | AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | Fort: 7 | Ref: 3 | Will: 6 | Perception +12/22 Initiative +2; low-light vision

Seeing that the gnoll had been ensorcelled again, Inja runs out towards her and places herself in her path, shoving her back and shouting to get back to the others. Should this have no effect, she attempts to bodily restrain the gnoll.

Grapple with surge: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (19) + 7 + (6) = 32

"I am not letting even one of us become prey to that cursed thing! Do you hear me? You. Are. NOT. FOOD!"


M Half-Orc Brawler 6 (Shield Champion) / HP(88/88) / AC 22 T14 FF 18 / Saves F+8 R+9 W+3/ CMB +11 CMD 24/ Init +4

Shape:
Tsakua grins at Jasmine's straightforward manner. "I'm all fer meetin' face t'face when it c'n be done," he says. "An' if'n there's anythin' I c'n do t'make that happen sooner, jus' let me know." Having said his piece, the large half-orc takes a step back to stay out of the flight path of the arrow. Still, he observes what happens as best he can, should anything go wrong.


Female Half-Orc Brawler (Wild Child) 6 (Champion 1) | HP 87/89 | AC 18, touch 15, FF 13; CMD 25 | Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +4 | Init +3; Perception +11, darkvision 60 ft.

Shape:
Maqli listens to the exchange warily, but when it becomes apparent that this "Chain-Breaker" isn't an outright enemy, she peers up. "Maqli," she calls. There's really nothing more to add, so she leaves it at that.

When Jasmine suggests her plan, Maqli nods. "Good. We should leave this place. It is bad, and I do not trust the halls. Kalsak will accept the ropes. Just one thing." She pauses and squats down, and the warcat comes over. Maqli rubs his head for a moment, then looks up at Jasmine with a grin. "Kalsak may be big like a female warcat, but he is male. And he does not like people making that mistake." She folds one hand on each side of his head and her voice drops to a conspiratorial whisper. "I think because his sister and me always bullied him when we were cubs."

Kalsak mrowls and shakes his head, and Maqli pulls her hands back and chuckles as she rubs under his chin. "I am ready when you are."


Game Master

Jasmine Religion Check:

The small box seemed to have some intricate carvings upon it, almost depicting some star falling from the sky and landing with people surrounding the fallen object. It seemed to be ornamental and clearly had some value here, for the least. It appeared to be a container, of what, who really knew as it was apparent that the box was designed to be kept shut as there was no lip to open it with.

shape:

Jasmines arrow impales itself into the ceiling near the crack, enough to possibly get a good point to hauling yourself through the crack.

Caravan/Green:

Just awaiting a post from the rest of the players to do the next stage of this fun little kerfuffle!

Inja, I’m pretty sure you overcame Kyarla’s CMD with that roll hah.


Female Elf Inquisitor Trickster 6(1) HP: 58/58 | AC:15 T: 14 FF: 12 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +5 | Will: +8 | Perception: +12 Initiative: +6 (Low Light Vision, Darkvision) | Lucky Number: 9

Shape:

Jasmine nods at Maqli's acceptance and begins strapping the rope around everyone, ensuring weight is supported. She ensures that a rope cage is constructed around the box last of all, so that its the last thing to leave the ground, the cage keeping the lid and box tightly sealed and not requiring a human touch to hold.


Game Master

Shape:

Everything seemed to be just going smoothly, even handling the box, without it leaving the altar provoked nothing. The air almost seemed pleasant when you placed the artifact back on the altar, even with it wrapped. Sailing through the hair, you make it up about half way before the slack of the rope pulled the box from its altar. At that very moment the entire temple shook, a ear splitting banshee cry would erupt.

”THIEVES! THIEVES! THIEVES! a child like scream sounded from everywhere in the atrium.

Dark opaque shadowy tendrils erupted from the corridors, enveloping the entire atrium in a pitch black void. Tendrils shooting up towards the trip being hauled up by the rope. ”YOU WILL NOT TAKE WHAT IS MINE! MINE! MINE! MINE! THIEVES!”

Everyone roll a fortitude DC 18, or be deafened for 1d4 ⇒ 1 hours.

You have one standard action to perform before the tendrils will reach you. to make a grapple. Make a Reflex save as well at the end of your post.


Female Elf Inquisitor Trickster 6(1) HP: 58/58 | AC:15 T: 14 FF: 12 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +5 | Will: +8 | Perception: +12 Initiative: +6 (Low Light Vision, Darkvision) | Lucky Number: 9

Shape:

Jasmine winces a little at the noise and anger, but isn't entirely surprised at the sudden noise and rage. The situation was clearly trapped, she just wasn't sure why. Fortunately, the scream, while piercing, was not deafening to the Inquisitor, who had heard plenty of loud noises in her time, and had been expected something at the time of the box leaving the altar.

Fort: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 1 = 21

Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

The shout limiting successful verbal communication, Jasmine vaults out of the crack and starts dragging the remainder of the rope through the gap once her friend has gotten out to ensure the box would leave the area, predicting (and hoping) that perhaps the shadows would stop following.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Surging Reflex Save: 1d6 ⇒ 5


Female Half-Orc Brawler (Wild Child) 6 (Champion 1) | HP 87/89 | AC 18, touch 15, FF 13; CMD 25 | Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +4 | Init +3; Perception +11, darkvision 60 ft.

Shape:
Kalsak doesn't appreciate the harness, but Maqli grins as the plan seems to be working at first. Then the shouting comes, with tendrils of darkness, and the half-orc woman looks up and hastens to try and scrabble her way up. Kalsak does much the same, although he's somewhat at a disadvantage due to the rope harness.

Maqli's Fortitude: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 Mythic Surge: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Kalsak's Fortitude: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18

Maqli Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Kalsak Climb?: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22 since Acrobatics seems odd for a cat, given the situation

Maqli Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Kalsak Reflex: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (17) + 17 = 34


M Half-Orc Brawler 6 (Shield Champion) / HP(88/88) / AC 22 T14 FF 18 / Saves F+8 R+9 W+3/ CMB +11 CMD 24/ Init +4

Shape:
Fortitude save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Tsakua winces at the sound and moves to get a better view of what's happening. Swearing under his breath, he loosens up his arm and gets ready to help the ladies and cat through the gap in the stone. Once within arms reach, Tsakua extend an arm through the wall to help pull everyone through to safety.


Game Master

Fate: 1d100 ⇒ 62

Shape:

Jasmine was able to deftly transition from rope to squeezing through the crack, it was almost she was a serpent or that she just regularly practices it. The right timing, the right push off. It was just perfect. It was just barely a second that she was able to turn around and assist Tsakua with hauling up everyone else and the artifact.

All three of you managed to escape through the crack in the ceiling and avoid the tendrils attempting to pull you down to what you would only assume is death. As soon as the last one made it through, the tendrils would slam against the crack, the ceiling heaving up from the force and cracks spreading all across the surface. They would slam again as it appears it was attempting to bring the roof down.

"NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!" it screamed as it thrashed against the ceiling.

You hear a shuddering crack and rumble as sections begin to fall away!

Make a acrobatics dc 15 check to see if you make it off the ceiling before it collapses underneath you. If you fail, you fall with the ceiling and suffer fall damage from 50 ft.


Female Elf Inquisitor Trickster 6(1) HP: 58/58 | AC:15 T: 14 FF: 12 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +5 | Will: +8 | Perception: +12 Initiative: +6 (Low Light Vision, Darkvision) | Lucky Number: 9

Shape:

I rolled in discord under GM supervision and rolled a 17 for a total roll of 20.

Keeping up with her skillful luck, Jasmine sprints for the ceiling, lifting off it just before sections began to give way.


M Half-Orc Brawler 6 (Shield Champion) / HP(88/88) / AC 22 T14 FF 18 / Saves F+8 R+9 W+3/ CMB +11 CMD 24/ Init +4

Shape:

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Throw shield in front of Tsakua while running: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Mythic Surge: 1d6 ⇒ 3 total aim is 22
Strength: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Feeling the stone and dust erupt beneath him, Tsakua runs forward. Seeing a gap in front of him caused by falling stone, he jumps and throws his shield in front of him, readying it for a landing. For a moment, there's nothing below him but darkness and flailing tentacles.

With a loud thump, he lands on the sliding shield. Leaning back, he slides his hand along the stonework to help him guide his way around cracks, or, as needed, over the gaps. At one point, Tsakua effectively stomps his foot down on the tail end of the shield, sending it flipping end over end as he flies over another hole in the ceiling. Midway over, he grabs the shield and sticks it back under his feet, and finishes his slide to safety.


Male Speaker Oracle (Intrigue) ((Trickster)) (6(1)) HP: 64 | AC: 12 T: 12 FF: 10 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +4 | Will: +6 | Perception: +15 / Passive Initiative: +2, (Darkvision 60')

Caravan/Green:

Qahnaarin hides behind a wagon.

Gracefully.


Male Ilidari Transmuter Wizard (Archmage) 6(1) HP: 51/51 | AC:14 T: 14 FF: 12 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +4 | Will: +7 | Perception: +5 Initiative: +2, Darkvision 60 ft.

Caravan/Green:

K. History
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28

"I know of you foul creature. Hungering for power, uncaring of your subjects agony. It was your mistake when you turned your eyes to a species of superior magic who then became the instrument of your demise. Now you haunt the region well within the domain of my people and do you really think that your rebirth would go unchallenged? Thousands of years have passed since your death, thousands of years for our own magic to grow. Thousands of years for you to lie moldering in the earth, vermin slowly chewing away at your desiccated form!" Octavian taunted. "Ware his magic, he was a necromancer thousands of years ago whom my people threw down!"

K. Religion to ID what kind of Undead this thing is
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24


Game Master

Bree’s Knowledge check:

Not only did you recall the legend of a mighty fearsome kingdom in the desert suddenly collapsing over a single day and how this kingdom almost suddenly disappeared. The details were only really known by the ones who brought the kingdom to its heels. Though you’ve once studied upon the beasts of the world and what you saw before was an incomplete lich. If this thing really was the old king of legend, then it was even more apparent that ritual he was performing was only partly successful. Not having the required blood sacrifices and self manifestation the spellwork rebounded and tied him to a location in the desert which he was bound for the thousands of years. He is apparently still trying to complete the spell by draining the lifeforce of those around him. With his current form you have the worst realization imaginable…

If he manages to succeed in draining at least two healthy souls, he will become even more dangerous.

Octavian’s Knowledge check:

You quickly realize that the thing before you is an incomplete Lich. From the stories he was trying to cast a ritual which was interrupted, though his current form is incomplete but it was dangerously close to becoming a reality. Who knows how many victims he had ensnared over the ages with the promise of water in a bristling desert.

Green/Caravan:

The air thickened as another surge of his will washed over everyone in the vicinity, trying to enthrall more to try and get atleast a couple of victims. A cry rose up from the refugees as they begin scrambling to restrain those who fell to his enthralling. His undying gaze fell upon Octavian, though his words would bristle most to action, the being over the lake merely laughed, an unnerving laughter.

”Do you think I have been blind to the ages child?” He grinned then, revealing his corpse like smile. ”I know the upheaval of the world, of another tyrant who marches upon the world, subjugating those much like I did in the past. But now it was regrettable that I fell to your kind, but your home will not be so much longer!” A laughter broke out, filled with malice and a knowledge of forthcoming events. ”I do not intend to make the same mistakes of my past. But your people's downfall is coming child, and I will become an instrument for that destruction!”

You could visibly feel another pulse of magic wash over the land as more cries rising from the refugees while Ishak could be heard screaming orders to the guards, trying to prevent those enthralled in scrambling to the oasis. His focus shifted from Octavian and onto the herd of resources. Voice rising, ”COME MY CHILDREN! YOU WILL BECOME A PART OF SOMETHING GREATER!”

About 1d100 ⇒ 46 refugees are currently enthralled and are now attempting to run towards the oasis. Of those, 1d46 ⇒ 12 are currently restrained.

All players who are enthralled are released as the protolich focuses his attention on the weaker willed beings.

Shape:

”NOOOOO!!!!” the voice screamed as the ceiling collapsed, crumbling under the sheer force of the onslaught from the tendrils of shadow. The ceiling falling away as the three ran from the building. Tsakua was the first to land into a bank of sand with his shield riding, then Jasmine and shortly following her was Maqli and Kalsak. The collapse of the building's atrium was thunderous and shook the ground around you. Sand and dust puffed up from the building while it settled in upon itself. The shadow thing was gone, and al remained was the sound of pebbles shifting and sand seeping down the edges of the building. Then, silence.


Male Ilidari Transmuter Wizard (Archmage) 6(1) HP: 51/51 | AC:14 T: 14 FF: 12 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +4 | Will: +7 | Perception: +5 Initiative: +2, Darkvision 60 ft.

Caravan/Green:
"Do not use cold or electricity, he's a failed lich!" Octavian's staff pointed forward as he began to chant. The runes on the staff flickered with fire as energy flowed from his hand and began to gather in a bright red bead at the end of the staff. As the spell finished Octavian slammed more energy into the spell, red lightning crackling down the staff and causing the bead of fire to swell into the size of a boulder. With a yell the ball of fire launched forward and streaked towards the protolich. It impacted the creature with a shrieking detonation and expanded into a ball of fire 40 feet across.

Mythic Fireball, DC 20 Reflex
5d10 ⇒ (1, 4, 9, 8, 9) = 31

If he fails his reflex he catches fire for 2d6 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7 damage.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 58/58 | AC 20/13/17 (22/13/19 vs. humans or undead) | CMD 21 | Fort +4 Ref +8 Will +5 | Per +14 (+18 vs. humans, +16 vs. undead), Low-Light | Init +3;
Class and Skills:
Ranger (Infiltrator/Sky Stalker) 6 | Acro +5 Climb +6 Disable Device +6 Fly +4 Heal +9 Ride +6 Stea +13;
Combat:
30 ft. | Melee +7/+2/+8/+4 (k, w or t, and b); +9/+4/+4 (n and b); +9/+9/+9 (2 c and b); Ranged +9 CMB +8 | all attacks add +4 vs. humans, +2 vs. undead;

Caravan/Green:
It's been a long journey, tiring and with much desert grit in places that no bird wants it, but Pazeek has finally managed to find the caravan he was separated from during the chaotic march through the jungle to the Kothargu Ridge. And he even has supplies to contribute. Granted, it's mostly wandermeal biscuits, and too many of those'll plug your nethers shut something fierce, but they're filling and edible... Mostly.

Unfortunately, it seems as though there is some trouble ahead. The lack of posted guards to intercept his approach was the first hint, and now he hears screams filled with panic and fear, easily discernable even at this distance. Groaning, the tengu transfers the bulging sacks from his own back to the bed of the laden wagon beside him, then begins the process of unhitching the beast pulling the vehicle, who is all too happy to be rid of its burden to judge by the way it bounces and fidgets with scant patience. Patting the beast on its side as the last of the harness drops away, the slight avian humanoid chuckles as he retrieves a rolled bundle of leather, a saddle, and tack from the wagon. "Yes, I know quite well how happy you are be quit of that wagon," Pazeek answers the complaining chirps and warbles of his companion. Unrolling the bundle to reveal armor sized for the creature next to him, the tengu begins to apply it, the familiar process taking some time, during which the screams from the camp ahead periodically sound again and again. But he doesn't rush, regardless of his growing anxiety; improperly fitted armor is almost as bad as none at all. Once the armor is finally on, he adds the saddle and the tack, then gives everything a final check for safety before patting the prancing creature to calm it down.

"Alright, alright. Give me a moment to get myself ready too, aye?" He's about to say something else when the intensity and pitch of the screams rises sharply, drowning out a loud voice whose words he can't quite make out. The capper, though, is the fireball rising into the air. Either someone indulged just a bit overmuch on the beans--which could neatly explain the screaming--or there's a fight going on, and someone decided that "more fire" was the solution to their troubles. Expression hardening abruptly, the tengu barks a command to his companion, who unfurls large wings and launches swiftly into the air with a combative shriek. Pazeek follows seconds later on wings of his own, newly-appeared through specialized gaps in the rear of his armor, and then the pair are flapping hard for the camp now visible ahead and below them.

Pazeek has no spells left today, having used them for cloak of shade and pass without trace on himself and Sharpfeather. Pazeek has activated his daily use of Tengu Wings, and can fly for 5 minutes.


Male Speaker Oracle (Intrigue) ((Trickster)) (6(1)) HP: 64 | AC: 12 T: 12 FF: 10 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +4 | Will: +6 | Perception: +15 / Passive Initiative: +2, (Darkvision 60')

Caravan/Green:

Qahnaarin stands atop the nearest wagon and waves his hands in the air as he shouts, "Ladies and gentlemen! Ladies and gentlemen! Surely you would not leave us before my presentation on dwarven sewing techniques? They accomplish feats with yak hide that put the finest elven silk to shame. Come! Come and listen! I assure you, you will find this to be most interesting!"

Qahnaarin will cast enthrall. Will DC 21. I will also use a mythic point to force a reroll from everyone who saves. Hopefully my higher DC will pull them back.


Skinwalker (Female) (Inja) (Druid) ((Guardian)) (5(1)) HP: 70/70 | AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | Fort: 7 | Ref: 3 | Will: 6 | Perception +12/22 Initiative +2; low-light vision

The light of self-awareness returns to the gnoll's eyes and Inja relaxes her grip on her. Not a moment too soon. Aside from the very dire threat that the specter posed to their ragtag band of refugees, the creature had revealed something that makes Inja's blood boil - he is aligning himself with the Mad King, seeking to destroy an entire race!

Snarling, she turns away from Kyarla, sprinting to the edge of the water. As she runs, she grasps her spear, arm drawing back, body twisting to line up the throw. She stops abruptly as the water laps at her toes, whipping her arm forward and sending the spear sailing through the air towards the lich.

Spear throw, ranged: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Female Gnome Oracle 6 / Heirophant 1 HP: 60/60 | AC:18 T: 17 FF: 12 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +2 | Will: +6 | Perception: +2 Initiative: +3

Caravan/Green:
Bree quickly moves to stand between Kyarla and Arion. She wasn't entirely sure what she could do, but there had to be something. She knew about his past, but what about him?

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31

She grit her teeth, determined that she and her allies would stop this threat by any means necessary.


Summ. 5/Arch 1 | HP: 48/48 | AC: 18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 | Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will: +5 | CMB: +3, CMD: 17 | Init: +4, Perception: +6

Green:
"Gather around me, please." Arion told her more combat-capable companions, magic glittering on the ends of her fingers. "I'd like to give you some protection from his powers."


M Half-Orc Brawler 6 (Shield Champion) / HP(88/88) / AC 22 T14 FF 18 / Saves F+8 R+9 W+3/ CMB +11 CMD 24/ Init +4

Conversation to take place after the shape, before the explosion. Assuming that running would stop after safety was determined. It's hot in the desert. :)

Shape:
Tsakua lifts a hand to his brow to wipe sweat away from his eyes. More and more he was recognizing how someone like Octavian could have come from a place like this. The desert was harsh and unforgiving, stern and without mercy. As it was, one only needed to respect the environment, and the desert would gradually become something you could live with.

Tsakua chuckled grimly as he thought back on his first real conversation with Octavian. It had almost ended with him punching the blue man's nose in, and there were some occasions afterwards where he wondered if he should've done it anyways. And then there was the incident after they had ambushed the soldiers. Tsakua still grimaced at it, but his stomach didn't churn like it used to. He realized that he had seen Octavian as Octavian probably saw himself. A force of nature, something to be reckoned with, fixated on the end goal and ready to do almost anything to achieve it. Something strong was fixated in the Ildari, Tsakua thought, to be driving him so fiercely. Perhaps it was the dependence of others. Perhaps it was merely a manner of focusing. Either way, Tsakua didn't really care. His criteria for allies was simple. Either they stood and fought with you, or they weren't your allies.

Memory lane took a dark turn for Tsakua as he went back to the last few months. He still wondered if he had done the right thing, leading his friends into battle in a fight they couldn't hope to win. Would they have been able to get away if they'd ran? And did anyone get away? Clearly someone had, as the tracks Tsakua had tried to follow had led him here.

Shaking his head, he opened his mouth to speak. "Who leads yer group?" he asks to Jasmine or Maqli. "And who stands beside'em?" Deep down, a pit fills his stomach in anticipation of what the answer could be. Did Octavian survive? Or Bree, or Ishak, or Pazeek, or Toyer? Marching silently in the desert sun, Tsakua waited in anticipation for the response.


Female Elf Inquisitor Trickster 6(1) HP: 58/58 | AC:15 T: 14 FF: 12 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +5 | Will: +8 | Perception: +12 Initiative: +6 (Low Light Vision, Darkvision) | Lucky Number: 9

Shape:

with the last few minutes concerning themselves with a death defying escape from the creature and its dark tentacles, Jasmine hadn't really had much of an opportunity to appraise the half orc standing next to her.

Taking the opportunity to do so now, she noted that he was straightforward and strong, with a shield slung around his body. All of this screamed someone skilled in close quarters combat, with a complex toward saving people, which Jasmine knew some people called "noble" but didn't really inspire her.

Checking to see if Maqli was still with them, she continued walking to the oasis where she knew the caravan would move to, but was caught slightly off guard by his question and adopts a puzzled expression.

"No-one leads our group, both of us are hunters, lone wolves, scouts. No-one really tells me what to do - I make my own decisions. So really, the answer to both your questions is basically no-one, because its a question that doesn't fit with me."


Female Redfang Gnoll Barbarian (Guardian/Champion) (5(1)) HP: 101/101 | AC:18 T: 12 FF: 15 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +5 | Will: +5 (F/W+2 rage) | Perception: +12/Passive Initiative: +3, DV 60', Scent Rage: 23/23; Mythic 7/7; Effects:

Dark Green:

Kyarla is ready to charge, but will hold for Arion's magic. Once that is done, she is ready to attack.

How high is the baddy? and can we tell how deep the lake is? It seems skewed against melee characters.


Game Master

Since the Shape peeps are finished with their exploration, I’m moving the caravan/green stuff to outside spoilers. If the players doing the Shape want to continue on their side, keep using your spoilers. Thanks!

With Octavian’s fireball, he has initiated combat, so everyone who hasn’t taken action now are in a ready state. Pazeek, you will arrive to the combat scene on the 4th round of combat.

Lich is currently hovering 10 feet above the lake. The lake is shallow at the edges but dips down to about 12 feet of depth

To the enthralling from Qhan, most of the refugees stopped, seemingly the fight between the spells causing a struggle over dominance before most of them turned slowly and began walking back to the caravan, more pointedly towards the speaker with a sense of hurry. Only two of the initial throng of refugees kept moving towards the Lich at full speed.

The air got even hotter as Octavian released a massive fireball towards the Lich, it soaring through the air with a whistle before impacting the location. The sudden attack caught the Lich slightly off guard. The ball of fire exploded, intense heat radiating from the fireball. As it cleared, the pond below was steaming and some of the trees wilted slightly from the sudden heat. The Lich floated their still, a grim look on his face as his flesh burned. A grotesque smell filling the air.

"You dare attack me?! That is the last slight I take from you blue skinned freaks!" He pointed a finger towards Octavian at that time and grinned menacingly. A black ethereal sword materialized in his right hand before his eyes quickly shoot over to Inja when her spear throw was noticed. He'd quickly move to the left, avoiding the attacking before suddenly charging right for Inja. A disgusting finger reaching for her.

The lich was unearthly quick as he quickly swooped down and placed a hand on her shoulder. She could feel the necrotic pain flash into her flesh from his touch. Almost as if he was tugging at her soul. Soon she would feel a chill run through her body as she began to feel paralysis take hold. 13 DMG. Fortitude DC 18 or be permanently paralyzed.

”You’d make a great pawn for my uses…” he breathed, with sinister delight flaring in his gaze.

The lich is now hovering just above the ground, in front of Inja.

Dice Rolls:

Refugee Saves
Refugees Will Save vs Qahn 1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Refugees Will Save vs Qahn 2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Refugees Will Save vs Qahn 3: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Refugees Will Save vs Qahn 4: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Refugees Will Save vs Qahn 5: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Refugees Will Save vs Qahn 6: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Refugees Will Save vs Qahn 7: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Refugees Will Save vs Qahn 8: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Refugees Will Save vs Qahn 9: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Refugees Will Save vs Qahn 10: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Refugees Will Save vs Qahn 11: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Refugees Will Save vs Qahn 12: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Refugees Will Save vs Qahn 13: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Refugees Will Save vs Qahn 14: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Lich rolls below
Reflex vs Fireball: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Lich Touch Atk vs Inja: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Dmg to Inja: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


Skinwalker (Female) (Inja) (Druid) ((Guardian)) (5(1)) HP: 70/70 | AC: 16 T: 13 FF: 13 | Fort: 7 | Ref: 3 | Will: 6 | Perception +12/22 Initiative +2; low-light vision

Rolled Fortitude save in Discord under GM supervision and failed.

Inja freezes under the touch of the creature, only her eyes moving. A vein flutters in her neck as she strains against the unnatural power holding her, without success. Yama lets loose an agonized yowl and surges towards the lich, barreling across the path of one of the refugees. Her powerful legs propel her upwards in a huge leap and she lands with a splash in the shallows, fangs bared and growling. The lioness snaps at the lich, her teeth rending new holes in its garments.

Yama attack, bite, surge: 1d20 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 5 + (4) = 15 Yama damage, bite, B/P/S: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Female Half-Orc Brawler (Wild Child) 6 (Champion 1) | HP 87/89 | AC 18, touch 15, FF 13; CMD 25 | Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +4 | Init +3; Perception +11, darkvision 60 ft.

Shape:
Maqli Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 I'll spend a surge to not pancake; even a 1 hits the DC, so I'm okay.
Kalsak Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

As the ceiling collapses, Maqli throws herself forward into a roll, and Kalsak bounds alongside. When the rubble clears, both are safe at the ground, although the half-orc staggers to her feet surrounded by broken pieces of the structure. She looks curiously at the new arrival as he asks about leaders, and at Jasmine when the elf replies, but Maqli contents herself to wait until their conversation ends--and to look for the caravan in the meanwhile.

For his part, Kalsak tries to lick and paw himself clean of some of the dust and sand, a mostly fruitless endeavor. He also yowls for Maqli to remove some of the rope harness still tied about his body.


Summ. 5/Arch 1 | HP: 48/48 | AC: 18 / T: 14 / FF: 14 | Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will: +5 | CMB: +3, CMD: 17 | Init: +4, Perception: +6

Green:
Noticing that someone wanted protection, Arion stepped over to Kyarla, then focused on the gifts of Tarak within her. How exactly did one describe the wellspring of infinite possibilities - the chance to look at the world and decide how it should be, even just a few times per day? Admittedly, the effects she could create were only so strong, but... she was getting rather tired of this anyway.

With a pulse from within, Arion stretched out her hands and touched both companions that were in range, giving them a blessing to make them rather more secure against this foe.

Wild Arcana for Communal Protection From Evil, at CL 7. Two minutes each to Kyarla and Breewyn, and three for Arion. +2 Deflection Bonus to AC, +2 Resistance Bonus on Saves, can't be touched by summoned creatures, and immune to attempts to possess/exercise mental control.

Ongoing Effects: Protection From Evil (30/30 rounds).


Female Gnome Oracle 6 / Heirophant 1 HP: 60/60 | AC:18 T: 17 FF: 12 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +2 | Will: +6 | Perception: +2 Initiative: +3

Bree slowly makes her way closer to where the Lich-like creature had attacked Inja. She saw Yama leap up and rake at it, and tear some of the ragged, burned clothing from its frame. She concentrated and reached for her divine spark, wishing to bring it out.

Celestial:
"I call upon the power of life itself, may its radiating purity cleanse this corrupt being and drive it back."

Bree unleashes a Channel Energy Positive to harm undead for Channel Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 6) = 13 DC 17 Will save for half. 7/8 Channel Energy.

A flash of positive energy radiates out from her, washing over the undead offender. She stands, determined, watching to see how this would cause it to react.


Male Ilidari Transmuter Wizard (Archmage) 6(1) HP: 51/51 | AC:14 T: 14 FF: 12 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +4 | Will: +7 | Perception: +5 Initiative: +2, Darkvision 60 ft.

Octavian turned Acteon away and rode a short distance. He needs people to enter the water to drain their essence and he appeared only when we came close to the oasis. Perhaps he is bound to that location and unable to affect any distance further? And he had to dodge away from my fire and it still affected him somewhat. Is he weak to any other elements? What weaknesses did that failed ceremony instill in this creature? he thought furiously to himself as he stopped Acteon. A hundred plains birthed and died in those few seconds as he turned back to the undead creature and looked at the creature critically. Just how could they take on this powerful creature?

Move action to move Acteon's 50 foot speed and then using my Tactician ability with K. Arcane to see what weaknesses this proto-lich has.

1d20 + 1d6 + 13 ⇒ (4) + (4) + 13 = 21


Male Speaker Oracle (Intrigue) ((Trickster)) (6(1)) HP: 64 | AC: 12 T: 12 FF: 10 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +4 | Will: +6 | Perception: +15 / Passive Initiative: +2, (Darkvision 60')

Qahnaarin continues his lecture and slowly walks away from the oasis to draw the refugees away.


Game Master

Octavians Results
By quick study, you realize that if he was a failed creation of a Lich, it would be obvious that he would be severely restricted. A lack of noticeable phylactery was obvious… which lead to the point that the oasis actually might be the act of the phylactery. Looking at the oasis you notice the trees look a bit more yellow and the grass at the edges were beginning to die. Him being in his physical form is draining life from the oasis. You surmise that he may lack the immunities any full Lich would have. He may possibly be bound to the oasis, or more of him not having enough power to go far from it.

Tacitician perk
Refugee is dangerous close to the Lich, its obvious his next move may be to take the refugees life.


Male Ilidari Transmuter Wizard (Archmage) 6(1) HP: 51/51 | AC:14 T: 14 FF: 12 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +4 | Will: +7 | Perception: +5 Initiative: +2, Darkvision 60 ft.

Free action Octavian pointed at the closest refugee who was about to step into the water and screamed "STOP THEM! KILL THEM IF YOU MUST BUT STOP THEM! WE CANNOT ALLOW THIS CREATURE TO BECOME ANY MORE POWERFUL!"

2,051 to 2,100 of 2,142 << first < prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Broken Age All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.