Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Blood Knives (Inactive)

Game Master Monkeygod


351 to 400 of 835 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

2 people marked this as a favorite.
WS- 40, BS- 25, S- 30, T- 30, Ag- 35, Int- 35, Per- 31, WP- 30, Fel- 45, Wounds 12/12, FP 1/1, Insanity 0, Corruption 0, AP- 3 (Body, 4 vs. weapons with Blast quality)

"Well, I've definitely been in that position a few times."


Male Human (Tian-Dan) Monk 3 (Ki Mystic of the Four WInds)

Team Absalom

"Missionaries?" He curls his lower lip a bit while raising an eyebrow. "The term seems a good choice."


Female Half-Elf Rogue (acrobat) 2, Bard (Dervish Dancer) 1

Tabby looks over to the Tien man and whispers to him Don't you remember? I believe you owe me a dance. And if not then I owe you an invite


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Rogue 1/Cleric 2

Team Absalom

Organized crime only ever seems to attract the loose women.

Turning his head back to Iovanna, Rupert quips, "May Calistria's blessing continue to sting you deeply. But I hope you have unique skills to bring to the table; I assure you the bedroom arts are already well-represented, and this orphanage is in dire need of... specialized labor."


WS- 40, BS- 25, S- 30, T- 30, Ag- 35, Int- 35, Per- 31, WP- 30, Fel- 45, Wounds 12/12, FP 1/1, Insanity 0, Corruption 0, AP- 3 (Body, 4 vs. weapons with Blast quality)

"Not her blessings I seek and I can assure you that the majority of my skills lie outside of the bedroom. If I was actually serious about wanting a tumble I'd be asking after that half orc anyways. "

Oh sure, it's fine for men to enjoy a little fun now and then, but let a woman do the same and she is one of the Wasp's whores.


Female Half-Elf Rogue (acrobat) 2, Bard (Dervish Dancer) 1

let me get straight to the point here. Iovanna, Kun, this here orphanage may possibly be involved in some shady dealings and possibly child slavery. now we are to investigate this.
she pauses a moment looks about the room for other interested parties.

I am to be meeting someone that may have information here tonight. now. Now he knows me and possibly Rupert here but he may not know either of you two so best bet I can see is for you two to pretend to not know us and not be involved until we can learn more on this Mathius character.


Female Human (Jadwiga) Witch (Winter Witch)/4

Team Nidal

Natalia walks out the inn door with Ragar and Sweet and begins to head towards the wizards shop. Once there, she walks into, intent to find the wizard and get their information


Team Nidal

After allowing Sweet and Lady Natalia to enter the shop, Ragar closes the door behind him and looks for any customers in the store that would need to be shuffled out before crossing his arms with his back towards the door.

perception: 1d20 ⇒ 17


Male Human Rogue 1/Cleric 2

Team Absalom

[Verisimilitude Cop]Is Iovanna psychic? I don't think Rupert actually said anything accusatory; it seemed that her thoughts were in response to his.[/Verisimilitude Cop]

Rupert's attention finally moves back to Tabby, and all pretense of aloofness vanishes.

"So you managed to contact him? Personally, I didn't bother. While you were tracking shadows in the night, I cased the joint. There's definitely something strange going on there." His eyes go out of focus as he reviews his observations. He shakes his head unconsciously, puzzling it out. He continues, though it's as if he's merely talking to himself. "There just seem to be too many people coming and going. An orphanage shouldn't be that busy. And the second-story windows are barred." Leaning forward, his mind returns to the present. "It all adds up to no good; maybe Mathius will be able to enlighten us as to the nature of the particular scum we're dealing with." Rupert scans the room, looking for the nearest wench. Flagging her down, he orders a tankard of water.


Male Human (Tian-Dan) Monk 3 (Ki Mystic of the Four WInds)

Team Absalom

Phi leans toward Tabby. "We will all be happier if none are forced to watch me dance. Is there something else rhythmic I could perform for you instead?"

Phi seems surprised by the barred windows description, but his strongest reaction is to Tabby's recommendation that they try to pretend not to know each other. "If that vase is not already broken, we can see what it will hold, for now."


Female Half-Elf Rogue (acrobat) 2, Bard (Dervish Dancer) 1

Tabby looks at the monk with a rather puzzled look

I have no idea what you meant by that? but if it means you agree then great. as for dancing we'll discuss that later

really Tabby does not understand the metaphore at all


Team Nidal

Sweet nods her approval to Ragar for blocking the door. She quickly looks around for anything that may be out of place.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24

She instinctively touches the hilt of her sword. A little action would be nice. It has been way too long.


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Team Abasalom:

As the hour wears on, a few glasses of water, or stronger drink, are brought to your table. If asked, the waitress says they've been paid for.

While you're all sitting around talking, each of you get the feeling of being watched, yet looking around, there is clearly nobody looking at your table.

Perception checks, please

Team Nidal:

Taking the finger bone back to Vonusvain, the elven sage is quite pleased at your ability to acquire it as well as the speed by which you did so. He smiles as he takes the focal object from Natalia.

"Wonderful. This is perfect. Come, sit. I am going to try and mix in some illusion magic so you can see what information I glean. Yes, I realize I could be falsifying the images, you'll just have to trust me"


Male Human (Tian-Dan) Monk 3 (Ki Mystic of the Four WInds)

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Team Nidal

Sweet sits at the table not really sure what to expect. At the wizard's hint of ability to falsify the information, she becomes a little suspicious.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13


Team Nidal

Ragar casually pulls his double axe off his back and spins it effortlessly befor e him, and with one eyebrow arched, addresses the wizard.

Maybe my axe will convince you to be as trustworthy as possible old man.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


Team Nidal

Sweet smiles at Ragar's comment, but fears the caster's reaction. Easy big guy. The Mage is here to help.

She turns back to Vonusvain, My friend here has had some bad experiences with casters. You must pardon his brashness.


Female Half-Elf Rogue (acrobat) 2, Bard (Dervish Dancer) 1

Tabby recalls the uneasiness as bfore at the glass works. she begins her hunt for the elusive Mathius once more.

Perception check 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12


Male Human Rogue 1/Cleric 2

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

A chill runs down his spine, and the hairs on the back of Rupert's neck stand on end. He can't help but look around, but the feeling of being watched surrounds him. Disconcerted, he crosses his arms in front of his chest, checking for the note as well as one of his concealed knives.


WS- 40, BS- 25, S- 30, T- 30, Ag- 35, Int- 35, Per- 31, WP- 30, Fel- 45, Wounds 12/12, FP 1/1, Insanity 0, Corruption 0, AP- 3 (Body, 4 vs. weapons with Blast quality)

Perception check 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Team Absalom:

Iovanna, you see fleeting images of a face in the glassware.

Team Nidal:

Sweet, you're pretty sure the elf isn't going to lie to you, but you aren't overly positive. You'd guess more that he won't lie however.

Vonusvain begins what is obviously a powerful ritual. He mixes several different ingredients into large mortar and beings to crush them up. Once done, he adds in a viscous yellow fluid, them mixes it all together.

After he is finished with that, he smears the paste type substance over his eyes, grasps the lich bone and begins chanting in a mix of elven, draconic and something else.


Team Nidal

Sweet gives Ragar a look like what the heck is this guy up to.


Team Nidal

Ragar shrugs and shakes his head at Sweet.


Male Human (Tian-Dan) Monk 3 (Ki Mystic of the Four WInds)

Team Absalom
Team Clueless

Phi looks directly into Tabby's eyes. "Your behavior says otherwise."


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Was hoping for some response from Iovanna before continuing, but oh well

Team Nidal

As the ritual progresses, several appear in the air above the table: A man, who must be your target. A definitely fiendish looking women, topless. A contract, signed. A ring, shattered. Finally, a shrouded face, whose eyes glow.


WS- 40, BS- 25, S- 30, T- 30, Ag- 35, Int- 35, Per- 31, WP- 30, Fel- 45, Wounds 12/12, FP 1/1, Insanity 0, Corruption 0, AP- 3 (Body, 4 vs. weapons with Blast quality)

Iovanna turns to see who caused the reflection in the glassware, trying not to be obvious about it and thus tip off the person.


Hmmmm...what do you make of it, ladies? The man and woman are easy enough to decipher, but the shrouded figure certaily does no give me the warm and fuzzies.


Team Nidal

I am sorry. My page didn't update the last few posts!

I am guessing the ring shattered is his marriage in turmoil? The woman his lover? The contract an assassination planned? The shrouded face the assassin or the one who planned it with the lover being the assassin?


Team Nidal

Sweet watches the diviner continue to carry out the ritual. Wise sage...Is any of that correct? What advantage does this information give us?


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Vonusvain finally finishes, and slumps back in his chair, worn out. "I believe some of it is correct, yes. The enchantments around our target are strong indeed, as that those images was almost all I could learn. You guessed right about the woman being his lover and the ring his marriage."

Team Absalom

After about ten minutes of waiting, a man walks over to the table. He is very plain in both dress and appearance. Nothing about him stands out, and you are all certain that were you asked to describe the man later, not much would be said.

"I hear you require come information" He says in a quiet voice.


Team Nidal

Well then Sweet, I guess that we better be about gathering some evidence for the blackmail of our new friend. And, in the event that does not work, then we cut him.


Female Half-Elf Rogue (acrobat) 2, Bard (Dervish Dancer) 1

Team Absalom

Yes we do Tabby replies. an Orphange dealing in slave labor. we would like to know more about it. Who runs it?

I don't recal the name of the orphanage hopefully Rupert has discovered that


Male Human Rogue 1/Cleric 2

Team Absalom

As the man approaches, the hair-raising sensation only gets stronger, and Rupert fails to suppress a shudder as the figure speaks.

It seems we're getting right into the thick of things, aren't we? This mysterious character must be Mathius.

"The Littlest Hero Orphanage. Big building. Barred windows. Too many visitors." And we'd best remember to mention the beans. That was what we went through all the trouble for, wasn't it? Do we really even have reason to believe he knows anything about the orphanage?


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

The man nods "Ah. That. A quite unpleasant place, to be sure"


Team Nidal

You are correct Ragar We need to contact our people to report what we have learned first though.

Sweet leans forward and places her hands on the table. Thank you for your help. I am sure it took a toll on you. I expect my bosses will look kindly upon you for the help you have provided. Is there anything else you can tell us? Do you know where we can find his mistress?


Male Human Rogue 1/Cleric 2

Team Absalom

Rupert can't help but snort at this most astute observation. "That much we've discovered on our own. Is there anything you can tell us that we don't already know? It certainly seems you're familiar with the place."


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

"I can indeed. My information does not come cheap however. I will tell what I can, in return for a favor to be named later"


Ok, who is talking - is this one for Team Nidal or Team Absalom?


Female Half-Elf Rogue (acrobat) 2, Bard (Dervish Dancer) 1

Team Absalom

Tabby looks to Mathius with a rather "provocative" look.

Now that is the kind of proposition I usually hear she replies with a smile.

She soon turns a bit more serious seriously though, what kind of favor?


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Sorry about that Ragar, it was meant for Team Absalom. I realize now how it coulda been either, or both. But at 9am this morn, as I just got to work, I did not, sorry

Team Nidal:

The elven wizard offers some parting advice "Your best move would to be to shadow our guard captain, as the fiendish lady is bound to show up at some point. But be warned, a few have supposedly tried and were never heard from again."

As you get ready to leave, Natalia looks longingly at the sage "I'm going to stay here, for now. There is something I want very badly, and I think Vonusvain can help me obtain it. I can't take the chance of not trying"

The two of you head back to the inn and get a booth to plot your next course of action.

Team Nidal:

The man laughs "It doesn't work that way, as it best to leave this open ended. Right now, I need nothing from you all. In a week, or a month, I might. Take the offer or leave it, but I promise you, few know more about this city and what goes on here than I do."


Male Human Rogue 1/Cleric 2

Rupert nods impatiently, familiar with the game. "Yes, we accept, as long as you cooperate. You should expect that we'll reciprocate in kind; if you feed us nothing but riddles, then the help we're to provide will be equally useless. But I'm sure that won't be a problem, will it?"


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

I'd like at least one other acceptance from Team Absalom before moving forward. As much as Rupert enjoys domination, this is a bit of an important encounter


Team Nidal

after returning to a comfortable booth at the Inn, ragar leans over to Sweet, conspiratorily.

Do you know how to contact our benefactors? If so, maybe we should let them know of our progress in case they want to send any reinforcements before we get started. Otherwise, I am ready when you are.


Female Half-Elf Rogue (acrobat) 2, Bard (Dervish Dancer) 1

well now I would agree with Rupert here. we accept the offer. and who knows this could be the start of good working relationship. she says with a wink


Team Nidal

Sweet finishes her meal and smiles at Ragar. Something tells me they already know.

She sets down her mug of ale and leans into Ragar. I am afraid this is going to be difficult. We need to be extremely careful. Do you have the ability to disguise yourself? Changing identities constantly will help decrease the chances the captain will suspect he is being trailed. By the way, good job in there tonight.


Team Nidal

Wait till you see what I am REALLY good at. I am afraid that it is not disguising myself. Maybe I should place myself somewhere nondescript in the area while you do the actual tailing? That way, we willl not give ourselves away, and you can call me up when necessary?


Team Nidal

Indeed Ragar. I am looking forward to that! Just remember what the boss said. We need to try to avoid violence in the city if at all possible.

Sweet looks around thinking. Wise council my friend. I can trail the Captain while you are trailing me. I have the ability to communicate by distance. Let me show you how it works.

Sweet gets up from the table and crosses the room. She sits down by herself and begins casting. She points at Ragar. He sees her lips whispering and can suddenly hear the words plainly in his mind. Just mouth the words without speaking them at me and I will hear them. I will keep this spell up so we can communicate without being seen together. I wonder if I could disguise you into a town guardsman.


Team Nidal

That is some trick, Sweet. You can disguise me however you like, if it is feasible.


Team Nidal

Sweet walks back over to Ragar and sits across from him.

We need to gather some information on the captain as soon as possible. Maybe we should contact our people afterall and report in. I am going to head up to my room and see what I can do. I'll meet you back down here in an hour.

Sweet stands up from the table and heads up stairs. She places her gear in the corner of the room and then turns the lantern on the night stand down low accentuating the shadows and embracing the darkness. She closes her eyes and begins To feel the call of her ancestor's blood as she awaits contact from her superiors.

In a deeper voice which would be unrecognizable to her current companions. I am here.


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Team Absalom:

The man who must be Mathius pulls up a chair and speaks in a voice barely above whisper, yet each of you hears clearly. "The Littlest Hero is indeed an orphanage, and so much more. Children are sold into slavery, but one can also bring any person, regardless of age, there to be molded into the perfect slave, often through extensive enchantment magicks.

There is also an underground dock that greatly enhances smuggling of all types and I believe it also serves as an unlicensed brothel"

Team Nidal:

Cassandra's voice echoes from the shadows "Yes Kedrick?"

351 to 400 of 835 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Blood Knives All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.