Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

The Blood Knives (Inactive)

Game Master Monkeygod


251 to 300 of 835 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Team Nidal

Sweet follows Natalia down the stairs and picks the chair at the table that is facing the entrance. She looks at the menu and then pushes it away as Natalia orders for the table.

Speaking softly so only Ragar and Lady Natalia can hear: So Natalia, what are you thinking?


WS- 40, BS- 25, S- 30, T- 30, Ag- 35, Int- 35, Per- 31, WP- 30, Fel- 45, Wounds 12/12, FP 1/1, Insanity 0, Corruption 0, AP- 3 (Body, 4 vs. weapons with Blast quality)

Are the rest of you at the inn that we were told to go to? I'm a little fuzzy on our jumping in point.


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Sweet, Lady Natalia and Ragar are off in Nidal, overseeing a negotiation in the capitol city. Kyrani/Tabby and Rupert are both in Absalom, same as you. Ky is in a different tavern trying to track down a lead, while Rupert is casing the orphanage. You and Kun Phi are in the Shadowed Dragon, awaiting their return.

Sorry for the confusion, should have explained things a little better, but I just wanted to bring you guys instead of making you wait.


Female Human (Jadwiga) Witch (Winter Witch)/4

Team Nidal

Natalia eats some of the local cuisine and swallows before answering, she takes a sip of her water and sits back. "Honestly, my plans were out the window within the first five minutes. I intend to wait, see what information we get, and come up with something then. I am open to ideas"


WS- 40, BS- 25, S- 30, T- 30, Ag- 35, Int- 35, Per- 31, WP- 30, Fel- 45, Wounds 12/12, FP 1/1, Insanity 0, Corruption 0, AP- 3 (Body, 4 vs. weapons with Blast quality)

No prob, it was prolly just the discussion thread that had me thinking we were all still in the same area.


Female Half-Elf Rogue (acrobat) 2, Bard (Dervish Dancer) 1

Team Absalom

there now, that wasn't s hard was it? she says to the barkeep tossing the coin pouch she had just pilfered from another patron to the barkeep.

Tabby exits the tavern to head toward the Glassworks tht the barkeep mentioned going to case the building for activity and individuals.

Trying to ensure she has enough time to get back to meet Rupert.

While going to the glassworks Tabby is keeping an eye out for signs of these "Angels from hell" or whatever they call themselves.

Perception to look for the other gang:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Perceprtion to see if she is being followed: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
If she is being followed Stealth to loose them: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Perception to cast the Glassworks: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Stealth at the Glassworks: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Are you entering the shop?


Female Half-Elf Rogue (acrobat) 2, Bard (Dervish Dancer) 1

no not yet need to be sure thereis enough time to get back to the shadowed dragon to meet Rupert.


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Team Absalom/Kyrani:

You see no sign of the other gang, though that's not surprising since you only walked a few blocks. As you look around the glassblower's shop, you note that it's quite a decent size establishment, which means it must be rather successful. You see nothing or nobody suspicious.

You also know that you have at least an hour before you need to meet back up with Rupert.

Team Absalom/Rupert:

The man does not seem bothered by your apparent drunkenness. He speaks in a low voice, one which you're sure only you can hear. "You're needed to deliver a package. I have the details in writing if you accept."


Female Half-Elf Rogue (acrobat) 2, Bard (Dervish Dancer) 1

Team Absalom

Realizing She still has bit of time Tabby appraches the shop looking to see if they are currently open for business.

Taking note if there appear to be any signs that this building is a front for something else.

If the shop is open:

Tabby enters carrying herself as a customer browsing the goods for sale and trying to catch sight of anybody else that may be in the shop.

trying to notice peep holes in the walls or murder holes in the ceiling.

if there is an obvious propritor available she will apprach him (or her).

Good evening, I was wondering if you could help me. I am looking for something unique, you see I am to be married in a week and I am looking for a reputable glassmaker to provide the glassware for the reception.

perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
bluff 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28


Male Human Rogue 1/Cleric 2

Team Absalom

Rupert keeps the act up for any suspicious minds who might be watching. "Yeah, sure. I can do that fer yas," he says with a feigned hiccup. He gestures for the man to follow him away from the orphanage to finish the discussion.


Team Nidal

No ideas yet. I am with you. I hope the information provided will help. You did a good job with negotiations.

Sweet begins eating her food and then turns to Ragar. How's your food?


Passable...looking forward to the information so that we can get this party started.


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Team Nidal:

After about twenty minutes, a small man comes over to the table and places an envelop in front of Natalia. He then leaves, without saying a word.

Inside, is a list of four names. Ordak Forgewright, a Dwarf who overs the gem trade in the city, Vonusvain an Elven wizard who specializes in cold magic and trades in information, Mistress Pery Galankin a Halfling who runs a dance studio which doubles as a brothel and Raab Magnus, a Human who is one of four guard captains.


Female Human (Jadwiga) Witch (Winter Witch)/4

Team Nidal

I'm assuming those names are members of the Council of Shadows?

Natalia opens the envelope and scans the names, Vonusvain? That name rings a bell, where have I heard it before... she then passes the note to Sweet. "Any divine inspiration on which one we should pick?"


Team Nidal

Sweet looks over the list. Hmmm...None of the names stick out to me. I guess we need to list them one to four and start gathering intel. Do we work together on each or all go solo?

Sweet hands the list to Ragar.


Female Human (Jadwiga) Witch (Winter Witch)/4

Natalia shakes her head "We are in an unfamiliar setting, we stick together. Last thing we need is to get separated even further. If I had it my way, I would head back to Absalom and grab the rest of our crew for this."


Team Nidal

I would have to agree. We need to stick together. I recommend the halfling or the human. Dwarves are hard to deal with and casters are often suspicious.


Team Nidal

Ragar hands the list back to Lady Natalia after perusing it.

I agree with Sweet, the halfling, or the human. Not sure if it will be most difficult, or easiest to blackmail the halfling. She disguises the brothel as a dance studio. So, she likely does not want it exposed to the light of day. Maybe that is our best course?


Female Human (Jadwiga) Witch (Winter Witch)/4

Team Nidal

Natalia thinks for a long moment before responding, "I have had experience with madam's. They are usually not ashamed of what they do, so blackmailing her about her brothel will not be as easy as we think. The guard captain however, now there is someone who has a lot to lose. I say we start collecting dirt on him as soon as we can. In fact we should visit another of our targets to get that information, so I say we pay Vonusvain a little visit and see what he knows about Raab Magnus..."


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Team Absalom/Kyrani:

The lady behind the counter smiles brightly at Tabby's words "Wonderful! and Congratulations!! You picked the best glass shop in the city. Let me show you a few pieces." She walks to over to a side counter, and gets out several different designs, including a pair of glasses, a rose, and the signature piece, a wren.

As you look at them, and a few others in the store, you get the feeling you're being watched. A time or two, you even think you see a face in the glass your looking at, but if so, its never there for more than a brief second.

Team Absalom/Rupert:

The man nods at Rupert's agreement "That won't be necessary. I have the details in writing." He hands you sealed envelop. "When you can be alone, speak the word bloody. That will dispel the magic protecting it" With that he bids you farewell and departs.


Female Human (Jadwiga) Witch (Winter Witch)/4

Team Nidal

Natalia stands up from her seat, "If we are in agreement for our course of action, then I say we act on it. I would say now, but I have a sneaking suspicion that we don't want to be wandering the streets of Nidal at night.."


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

psst, friendly GM reminder. Night is definitely when you want to wander Pangolais. City is far more acitve then


Right now sounds splendid, Lady Natalia.


Female Human (Jadwiga) Witch (Winter Witch)/4

Natalia laughs, "Well as long as you will protect us ladies, Ragar, I'm sure we will do fine!"


Female Human (Jadwiga) Witch (Winter Witch)/4

Team Nidal

In the absense of no objections, "Then let us depart to see this Vonusvain and see if he has any information about the City Captain that we can use."


Team Nidal

Sweet follows Natalia and Ragar into the dark streets keeping an eye out for anyone trailing them.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Sorry for takin so long to reply, busy week

Team Nidal:

It takes you about an hour to locate the sage, but you finally track him down. He owns a rather well stocked book and magickal trinket store. He's behind the counter when you enter, and its easy to tell he's the man your looking for. His skin is actually a pale shade of blue, which makes some sense being a practitioner of ice magic.

He's currently engrossed in some sort of alchemy project. "Yes, what can I help you with?"


Team Nidal

Upon entering the shop, Ragar waits until all are in, then stands with his back against the door with a toothy smile on his face, as he constantly peers outside to deter any other approaching customers.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 2

His attentions are obviously more on the conversation about to occur inside then anyone approaching.


Team Nidal

I am assuming no one followed us since I rolled a 32 perception?


Female Human (Jadwiga) Witch (Winter Witch)/4

Team Nidal

Natalia takes a small look around before addressing the clerk. She smiles to him, "Greetings sir, how are you on this fine evening? Would there be anywhere that we may discuss business... privately"


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Team Nidal

Without looking up from his work he replies "A private consulation is expensive, twenty gold for a half hour. This includes my using whatever spells I deem as needed. Spells with a more expensive material component beyond twenty gold costs you that much more."


Female Human (Jadwiga) Witch (Winter Witch)/4

Team Nidal

Natalia rests her hand on the counter, "I am from Irrisen, so I have no interest in ice magic, as I've seen quite a bit of it to last me a life time..." She lowers her voice, "We are here from something else.."


Male Human Rogue 1/Cleric 2

Team Absalom

As the strange man walks away, Rube the Bum casually gazes out of the alley. I think I've seen enough to justify a retreat. And it looks like I have more pressing matters as it is. Looking down at the sealed envelope in his hand, he leaves the vicinity, retreating back toward the Shadowed Dragon. Looking at the moon, he judges that he has enough time left before his three hours have elapsed to take a carefully circuitous route. As he walks, Rube turns back into Rupert, his fake stumbling returning to his no-nonsense stride. The matted hair becomes short and blond, the rags into well-made clothes, simple and without ornamentation. The scruff on his face disappears, and the cocky half-grin returns. About halfway to his destination, he speaks the word "Bloody." under his breath. He takes a surreptitious look around at his surroundings before opening the letter.

Perception check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

If the area seems deserted or otherwise safe for conducting clandestine activities, Rupert will read the letter.


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Team Nidal

The Elf gives you a withering look. "Do you honestly believe that just because I specialize in ice magicks that that is all I am capable of?"


Female Human (Jadwiga) Witch (Winter Witch)/4

Team Nidal

Natalia smiles, Why does everyone in this godforsaken city take everything as an insult... "Of course not, but I heard it was your specialty. No offense intended, but we are here for another matter, a matter of information..."


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Team Nidal

"That is usually the case when a private meeting is requested. I offer various divinatio spells, if required. If you have no desire for any spellcasting, then its ten gold for a half hour"


Female Human (Jadwiga) Witch (Winter Witch)/4

Team Nidal

Natalia opens up her purse and set out ten gold, "I think we will only need a half hour for now. If we need more, I'm sure we can arrange something. Do you have a private area to talk?"


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Odd, I know I posted a response last night. Twould appear missing

Team Nidal:

Vonusvain nods in agreement "Follow me, please" He goes through a side door and upstairs to a room obviously set aside for such meetings. There's a round, solid wood table in the center of the room, with a few scattered maps strewn about. Surrounding the table are five cushioned chairs. The walls are covered in some more larger maps and several bookshelves crammed to overflowing. The floor too has stacks of books piled about waist high.

The elf takes a seat, then motions for you all to do the same "Do you require food or drink while we talk?"


Female Human (Jadwiga) Witch (Winter Witch)/4

Natalia takes a seat and crosses her legs, "I would appreciate some Irrisen Ice wine if you any, otherwise water will suffice."


Team Nidal

Ragar, reluctant to get too comfortable, stands just inside the door, arms crossed.

Nothing for me...thank you.


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Team Nidal:

He opens a small cabinet, and pulls out a bottle, which he hands to Natalia "Would you like to chill it or shall I?" He says as he also produces a pair of glasses.

"For starters, what are a trio of obvious outsiders doing in the capital city of Nidal?"

Rupert:

You're in luck, as there's nobody around. The contents of the letter are simple Remove, however necessary, the head of the Littlest Heroes orphanage. Do not get caught


Male Human Rogue 1/Cleric 2

Team Absalom
As he reads the note, Rupert's blood turns to ice. He stares at it for a few seconds before carefully placing it into a pocket sewn inside of his shirt. Looking around again, he continues to make his way back to the Shadowed Dragon to await his partner's report, taking the utmost caution to make sure he is neither noticed nor followed.

Not much else to do until Kyrani returns from her cruise, which is fine with me. Classes have just started, so things will be picking up. It should give me a little bit of time to find my groove.


Team Nidal

Sweet stands quietly waiting for Natalia's response. She shakes her head slightly at the offer for food or drink.

No thank you.


Female Human (Jadwiga) Witch (Winter Witch)/4

Natalia casts her ray of frost upon the bottle to cool it, she then pours the two glasses for herself and the wizard. She takes a long sip before setting it down.

"Well that is an interesting tidbit of information, certainly someone of your stature good make a profit off of or even use to inflict pain and suffering on others. How about we agree to an exchange, I tell you who we are and why we are hear, if that information is valuable enough, then you give us the information we came here for, that sound interesting enough to you? We seek any and all information on a human by the name of Raab Magnus, I'm sure you know him and that should gauge the value that you need from our information"


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Team Nidal

The elven wizard nods in agreement "I will provide you what I know, though if that does not sate your curiosity, we might need to resort to some spellcasting after all. But, that is for later. First, enlighten me as to who you are and why your here, seeking information about one of our four captains of the guard."


Female Half-Elf Rogue (acrobat) 2, Bard (Dervish Dancer) 1

playing catch-up and want to move the story along. my last post was in the glass shop looking over a few items.

Tabby looks over the items and eventually picks up the wren piece and examines it closely.

This looks wonderful but I will need to see what Matty thinks first. By the way how much for this?

bluff roll: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


Female Human (Jadwiga) Witch (Winter Witch)/4

Team Nidal

Natalia takes a sip of the ice wine, and makes an impressed face as the taste is quite good

"Well lets see, where to start... We are members of the Blood Knives, a criminal organization centered in Absalom. New members in fact as we were just recently recruited due to our various talents. The three of us were sent on our first mission here for two purposes, expand our influence and to prevent a guild of assassins from expanding into our territory. After negotiations, the assassins will be forming an alliance with us. However a stipulation of the alliance is for the Blood Knives to secure a position on the Shadow Council. We came to you as we intend to collect information on the Captain to ask him to step down."

Natalia takes a sip of her wine


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Vonusvain listens to Natalia's explanation intently. "Ah, yes. I have heard of the Blood Knives. What you say makes plenty of sense. Raab is a good choice to attempt to remove. It is also good you did not try to force me to step down. That most likely wouldn't have ended well. The captain however, has a few skeletons in his closet, that if revealed to the light of day, would be most disastrous for him and his family"


That is what we needed to hear. Please elaborate on these...skeletons.

251 to 300 of 835 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Blood Knives All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.