Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

The Blood Knives (Inactive)

Game Master Monkeygod


201 to 250 of 835 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Female Human (Jadwiga) Witch (Winter Witch)/4

Team Nidal

Some of the fire returns to Lady Natalia's eyes, but she wills herself to remain calm. "It doesn't quite matter if it's true or not, and do you know why? I don't think you do, but allow me to enlighten you..."

Natalia gets up from her seat and walks over to one of the windows, she continues to look out while speaking. "If our negations go badly, if we walk away from the table, or if either of us becomes aggressive, the Blood Knives will lose their early opportunity to expand their influence in Nidal, and it won't even be a minor set back. We are expanding our organization and Nidal is just one of thousands of options. However, if you don't join us, then your opportunity to expand in Absalom closes shut."

She turns around to look at them. "I know that we can't strong arm you into joining us, I'm sure if we attacked you, you could kill all three of us in about twelve seconds. And yet... we hold all the cards, so I don't need to convince you to join us, you need to convince me as to why we should let you join. So far treating me like a spoiled child hasn't exactly convinced me just yet."

She sits back down and crosses her arms. "I made a deal, and yet you haven't exactly jumped at it. So now it's your turn, convince me why I shouldn't get up from this table and go back to Absalom"


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Lady Natalia, give me a Knowledge(Local) check with a +4 bonus.


Female Human (Jadwiga) Witch (Winter Witch)/4

Team Nidal

Untrained Knowledge: Local 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 4 = 22


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Lady Natalia:

As your negotiating, you suddenly remember something. While The Triune are the true power in Nidal, the Circle of Shadows is a serious one as well. Also, no one group has ever had four members sit on the Circle.

Team Nidal:

"Yes, you have made us an offer. One that is basically be subsumed, and that's it. We may not be as powerful or numerous as the Knives, but we can block their spread both here in the capitol as well as the rest of the country. So why don't we try to find some sort of agreement that benefits both sides more?"


Female Human (Jadwiga) Witch (Winter Witch)/4

Natalia sits back in her chair with her arms still crossed. "Then please, enlighten me with what you envision as your ideal agreement."


Team Nidal

Sweet starts looking impatient at the games.

We get it. Your codpiece is bigger than ours. You could easily kill us right now. The point is the ones who sent us are who you are really dealing with. They sent us for a reason though. We are just the messengers. You asked us to back off the positioning. Now I ask you the same. Please just answer the lady's question so we can go about our business.

Sweet is not much of a diplomat and would prefer killing these guys. Unfortunately, they are too powerful.


Team Nidal

Stll standing near the table, Ragar sighs deeply and shifts his double-axe to an upright position and leans casually upon it.


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Team Nidal:

"Are you aware of the political situation regarding the Circle of Shadows? That no one group has ever had four seats upon it? If we could fix that, much would be gained for all involved."

Trying not to straight force feed you here.


Team Nidal

Then maybe you should dispose of a current member, or two, to increase your presence?


Female Half-Elf Rogue (acrobat) 2, Bard (Dervish Dancer) 1

Team Absalom

Tabby makes her way through the city picking up information any where she can until she finally finds one of probably several possible locations that adventuring wanna-be heros would hang out.

Tabby scopes out the clientele guaging the demeanor of the various patrons.

She makes her way to the bar
Ale please placeing a couple of silver coin on the bar.

after a few drinks she lays a small pouch on the bar in front of the barkeep containing a several gold coins.

I am looking for someone, Goes by the name Mathius. Ever hear of him? She asks her hand not leaving the pouch until she get an answer that sounds reasonable.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Sleight of hand check if he tries to take the pouch without giving any information to palm the small pouch 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17


Team Nidal

Or do you have a plan to place a Blood Knife in one of those seats?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Rogue 1/Cleric 2

Team Absalom

Rupert's Dinner:
Finding himself alone at last with his dinner, Rupert grins. This is not his usual, cocky half-grin, accompanied by his usual charm and bluster, but a true smile, splitting his face in half as he inhales the pork. There is a time for all things, be they good or bad. There is time to be happy, sad, angry, and even lonesome, but this is not that time. This is the time to take deep pleasure in one of the simplest, yet finest things in life. The sturdy chair beneath him is the only company he needs, the pig his only mark. His knife and fork are all the weapons he needs, his hunger the only client. For that rare moment, it didn't matter what his name was, or his job. It didn't matter that he'd somehow fallen into the ranks of what might one day be the most powerful, most notorious, and most well-paying criminal organization on Golarion or beyond. For that moment, it didn't matter what gods he prayed to or in which realm his soul might rest once his miserable mortal existence had run its course. In that moment, the only important thing was that pig, steam still rising from its roasted flesh, juices still pooling in the meat.

It was a glorious moment, perhaps the last moment of true joy that the man calling himself Rupert Saint would get to enjoy for a long time. And he savored every last bit of it, until it was nothing but bones on a plate and a memory still warm in his belly. Rupert leaned back in his chair, tipping it onto its back legs, resting it against the wall. Propping his boots on the table, he begins to consider his pressing mission, and part of him died a little, knowing that the moment had passed. But if part of his soul died, it died happy, leaving behind only the cold calculation of a man used to considering the impending death of a great many men. And when that man walked out of the tavern, leaving generous payment and an untouched goblet of wine, it was a very different man than the one who had done the eating.


Female Human (Jadwiga) Witch (Winter Witch)/4

Team Nidal

Natalia looks to the three, "So you want four members sitting on the Council of Shadows instead of three. Although no one group has ever had more then three. So if I am to understand you, we put a member of the Blood Knives on the Council, and as their will be an alliance with your group, it would essentially mean that you would have four, correct? But you can't actually have four members as that would draw to much attention to your group."

Natalia sits back, "So then the question remains, how do we secure a spot for the Blood Knives?"


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Team Nidal:

"The Witch speaks correctly. The problem is that members on the Circle are not allowed to move directly against others, which also extends to whichever group they represent. Thus, any conflicts are resolved using outside parties, should it come to that." The middle speaker pauses, which causes the one on the right to continue "No one group has ever had the power or influence to gain a fourth spot. It is not forbidden, just nigh impossible. Thus, what Natalia says is indeed what we propose, though it is not so much a condition of us joining as it is an extremly strong first step in solidifying our alliance"

I'll try to get to Ky later today, but wanted to post this before I head in to work


Female Human (Jadwiga) Witch (Winter Witch)/4

Team Nidal

Natalia tilts her head to the side slightly, "Do you have an intended target, or will any of the Council do?"


Team Nidal

Sweet smiles at the thought of that.

Time for some action


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Team Absalom:

Tabby, as you comb the streets, you pick up a few pieces of information that you decide might be useful the Blood Knives. The most intriguing tidbit is that there seems to be a small, yet growing group of Aasmiars calling themselves the Angels of Hell. They sound like an intimidating gang of toughs. Perhaps they could use some direction?

The tavern you stop in, the Sour Grapes, is quite the nice establishment. Its not opulent, but it comes close. The tangy, sourish wine that gives the place its name is renowned the city and region over and it shows.

The barkeep archs a questioning eyebrow at you when you ask about Mathius "Many have heard for him, few know him and they say you can count on one hand the number of people who've met him and lived to tell about it. What's a pretty young thing like you doing looking for one of the most notorious and dangers spies in all Golarion?"


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Team Nidal:

The man on the left answers Natalia's question "We have a few targets, however, there is one important thing you must keep in mind. You can not actually kill whoever it is you go after. Each one who sits on the Circle is an important member of the city's infrastructure, so to kill one off would most likely throw Pangolais into chaos, and not the kind that is at all beneficial."


Team Nidal

Looking to Lady Natalia as the leader, I propose we kidnap someone who is extremely important to him and control him that way or I would be willing to infiltrate his life as a mistress to gain intelligence? What are you thinking m' lady?


Female Human (Jadwiga) Witch (Winter Witch)/4

Natalia laughs, "Well kidnapping is one thing, but blackmail and extortion is another. I intend for us to collect as much information as we can on one of the council members and force them to step down, either through blackmail or threats against family members."

Natalia turns to the three, "This will take longer then I was anticipating, so we will need a base of operations as well as access to lowlies who sell information. We will also need to communicate with Absalom for more resources."


Team Nidal

Addressing the men at the table, Do you have a certain council member in mind?


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Team Nidal:

"As we said, there are a few who could be replaced. We will provide you with their names and you can decide which one you would like to go after."

In response to Natalia the man sitting in the middle says "You can have rooms here, free of charge, as well as meals on the house. We will assist you as we can as well as provide you with whatever resources we are able to."


As soon as we get the list, we should start gathering information. See which one of the council members is the weakest. I am going to claim a room. Holler at me when you guys are ready to start planning.

Sweet grabs her bag and starts heading up the stairs. Are you guys sure there isn't one that sticks out? One that you would really like to see brought down? Maybe let us get some revenge for you?


Female Half-Elf Rogue (acrobat) 2, Bard (Dervish Dancer) 1

my apologies I haven't been keeping up with this game need to give it more attention.

Tabby gives the barkeep her best "serious look"

Why I want him is none of your concern, but lets just say its a business proposition from my employers

was there any word on how to identify who these "Angels of Hell" like are they attooed, or do they have a common hangout? Don't want to overwhelm this barkeep with question

Tabby maintains a vigilance of the establishment for signs of trouble and in particular signs of the Angel group

Diplomacy roll: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Perception roll: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11


Female Human (Jadwiga) Witch (Winter Witch)/4

Team Nidal

Natalia nods with satisfaction, "Excellent, then I'm sure we have time to refresh ourselves before we are needed again."

Natalia turns to Sweet and Ragar, "Stay close, once we have the intel, we move again. Make sure to get some rest if you can." She looks back to the three men. "Please let me know once you get that intel"


Male Human Rogue 1/Cleric 2

Team Absalom

The man leaves the tavern with an altogether different plan than the one he first had. Mathius didn't matter. The mysterious beans market mattered even less. True, the unscrupulous mercenary and information broker might be able to tell them something or two, about beans or about the orphanage, but the Blood Knives hadn't picked him because he got others to do his dirty work for him.

He walks through the city, down streets and back alleys. Somewhere along the way the handsome, clean-shaven face becomes scruffy and dirt-covered. His long, purpose-driven strides become a hobbling gait, and his clothes turn patchwork and ragged. His hair, once golden, is now matted and gray. Long, stringy tendrils of grease-laden hair fall down his back like a mane. He is, to even the most careful observer, a dirty bum, and as he approaches the Littlest Hero Orphanage, nobody pays him any mind.

Approaching the orphanage to watch and observe from the alleys. I don't expect to see too much in the less than 3 hours I have to watch, but it should be more than enough to case the outside, the surrounding streets, and observe dome behavior. I feel that I should apologize for ignoring the dangling hook, but when I thought about it, it didn't seem immediately relevant. You being the omnipotent GM, that's likely not the case, but it doesn't make much sense IC. Also, it's becoming strangely difficult to keep my tenses in line. I keep slipping into past-tense.


Team Nidal

Lady Natalia wrote:
"Stay close, once we have the intel, we move again. Make sure to get some rest if you can."

Will do Lady Natalia. Sweet heads up the stairs.


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Team Nidal:

The man in the middle replies to Natalia "Gives us till nightfall, and we will have what you need. I would suggest you rest till then. Ours is a city that is much more alive after your sun sets, which is about six hours from now." With that, the men get up, and suddenly the rooms shimmers and shifts. Gone is the barely furnished common room, replaced by a much larger, and far more ornate one. Weirdest of all, there's about a dozen patrons sitting around several of the tables, eating, drinking and talking. None of them seem to have any idea about the conversation just held as several of them appear startled when they see you.

The three of you head up to your rooms, which are richly decorated. A big, comfortable bed dominates the center. On one side is a large solid desk and on the other a dresser with a mirror. Each room also has a small closet and a chest with a sturdy looking lock. The key on the desk is most likely for it.


Team Nidal

Sweet jumps onto the bed, lies down, and puts her hands behind her head. A large smile appears on her face.

Now this is what I am talking about. This sure beats the hell out of sleeping in an alley or an abandoned building.

She continues to think about what all has happened over the past few weeks. It is only a matter of minutes before she has fallen asleep.


Team Nidal

Ragar stretches out on the bed and is soon snoring comfortably.


Female Human (Jadwiga) Witch (Winter Witch)/4

Team Nidal

Natalia gets up from her seat and heads to the room that she was given. She doesn't so much rest as mentally prepare for the coming time.


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Team Nidal:
As Natalia 'rests' she finds herself more tired than she thought and soon falls asleep. Her dreams are normal at first, nothing out of the ordinary, but then she sees herself in front of those who wronged her in her past, yet they grovel and kneel and beg at her feet.

The dream then shifts, and a woman wrapped in shadows steps into her vision. When she speaks, Natalia realizes its Cassandra "That last dream can easily be your future. We wish to help make it so. Tell us, what has transpired so far?"

Team Absalom/Kyrani:

The barkeep smiles faintly "He's a hard man to find, to be sure. Nobody knows what he really looks like, nor where he lives. He is very much the stereotypical 'ghost'. And that is why its said nothing happens in this city that he doesn't know about."

Team Absalom/Rupert:

As you watch the orphanage, you note a few odd things. First, there appears to be just bit too many people coming and going. You're not sure why you feel this is true, but you've learned to trust your instincts. Secondly, the windows on the second floor are barred.

After about an hour and a half, a man walks up to you. He rolls up his sleeve and shows you a tattoo of a blood red knife. "A word with you, Mr Saint"

New Recruits:

Each of you is asked to come to the Shadowed Dragon. Once there, you're told that you're going to join the investigation into this suspicious orphanage in the city.


Female Half-Elf Rogue (acrobat) 2, Bard (Dervish Dancer) 1

Team Absalom

well then, if nothing happens in the city without him knowing then I guess he would know I am looking for him.

Tabby has another drink, trying to read the barkeep's body language. if he seems nervous about the subject, or perhaps seems worried about revealing to much.

besides you seem to know alot about a man that is a ghost. perhaps he is here right now watching, or perhaps I am Mathius sent to test you? who's to say either way.

rolls that seem applicable:
Sense Motive 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Diplomacy 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Bluff 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

and just incase there may be an unattended coin pouch
Sleight of hand 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30


Female Human Cad / 2 and Rogue / 1

Iovanna reports to the Shadowed Dragon as instructed and then goes to join the others in their investigations.

Are we supposed to meet up with the others first or go off on our own first to investigate?


Male Human (Tian-Dan) Monk 3 (Ki Mystic of the Four WInds)

New Recruits

The Shadowed Dragon it is, then.

Knowledge: Local 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Phi easily finds his way to the Shadowed Dragon without having to advertise where he's heading. Once he's there, a mysterious stranger informs him that he will be joining an investigation into a suspicious orphanage. "Very well. Do you have any additional information for me? Whom I will be helping? How I will know them when I meet them? The name and location of the orphanage? Or am I supposed to resolve those questions myself as part of a test?"


Female Half-Elf Rogue (acrobat) 2, Bard (Dervish Dancer) 1

Rupert and Tabby are supposed to meet at the Shadowed Dragon after three hours to reveal what we discovered. My guess is we will meet you there


Female Human Cad / 2 and Rogue / 1

Sounds good to me. Iovanna will try to find a quiet table and order some drinks while she waits.


Sweet wakes up and walks over to the window. She spends several minutes watching as people pass by on the sidewalk. A group of school age girls dressed in expensive clothes stop underneath the window giggling and discussing boys. Sweet watches and thinks back to her childhood. Jealousy wells up inside of her as she thinks about their innocence and the ease of their lives.

You do not know how lucky you are. I would give everything to have had a normal family who loved me.

She spends several minutes deep in thought until she snaps out of it and returns to her bed. She meticulously checks her gear in preparation for the evening. She spends the time she has left waiting on word from Natalia sharpening her bastard sword and preparing herself mentally.


Female Human (Jadwiga) Witch (Winter Witch)/4

Team Nidal

Natalia smiles slightly to herself. "The only real question is when the dream will come true..." She looks up at Cassandra. "You will have to teach me how to communicate within dreams... as for our progress... we have stipulated the terms of an alliance, but in order to solidify our relationship, we are moving on to Phase 2. Replacing a member of the Council of Shadows with one of the Blood Knives. As direct violence is not recommended, we intend to use blackmail or extortion."


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Team Absalom/Kyrani:

The barkeep smiles "Those are just the rumors about him. Personally, I highly doubt he knows everything, though I am sure he knows enough. If you're serious about finding him, try the Glass Wren glassworks shop down the street. Rumors say that's the best way to find him, though I have no idea why."

Team Nidal:

Cassandra nods "Excellent, things proceed nicely then. We were wise to place you in charge of these negotiations. I will check on your progress in a few days. If anything significant happens, burn a candle in your room and make sure there are plenty of shadows."


Female Human (Jadwiga) Witch (Winter Witch)/4

Team Nidal

Natalia nods, "And if we need to request additional resources, would that warrant the burning of a candle as well?"

Natalia waits for the response and then tries to wake herself up from her dream


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Team Nidal:

"Yes, that will suffice. As for communicating via dreams, you will be able to do so eventually, I think"


Female Human (Jadwiga) Witch (Winter Witch)/4

Team Nidal

Natalia nods, "Then its about time we get this started then"


Team Nidal

Ragar wakes and shields his eyes against the sun streaming through his room's window. He wonders if either of the women are awake yet. After rinsing his face in the basin, he gathers his belongings and strolls to the rooms occupied by both women and bangs on the doors.

Rise and shine ladies!


Sweet opens her door and invites Ragar in.

Make yourself at home. I'm preparing my gear and looking forward to getting the intel. What do you think about our mission so far?


Team Nidal

Ragar stands just inside the door, awaiting Sweet to finish packing. he shrugs and says,

Should be interesting, but I am a little discouraged about the approach of bribery and blackmail instead of outright brutal intimidation or even assassination. I am not so well-versed in these alternative methods, but I could have delighgted in making someone disappear.


Male Human Rogue 1/Cleric 2

Team Absalom

Startled, Rupert continues to act the bum for the sake of appearances. In a drunken slur, he asks, "What isitchoo want, shunny?"

Disguise: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

I forgot how messed up my statblock on my profile is. I really need to get around to fixing that.


Team Nidal

I would have to agree with you 100% there Ragar. All this other stuff just takes too much effort.

Sweet finishes getting her gear together and turns to meet Ragar at the door.

Lets go see what Natalia is up to.

Sweet shuts the door behind her as the two walk down the hallway.


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Team Nidal:

Just an fyi, its about an hour after sunset for you guys.


Female Human (Jadwiga) Witch (Winter Witch)/4

Team Nidal

Natalia opens her door and walks over to her assembled group "Shall we go grab some food and see what our benefactor has for us?"

Not waiting for an answer, Natalia heads down to the common room and sits at a table. She orders from of the local cuisine for the table.

201 to 250 of 835 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Blood Knives All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.